Topic: GNC GenetixHD™ Physio-Burn / GNC GenetixHD™ Pro-Sculpt™ - Fruit Punch ??  (Read 47416 times)

Offline Will27

• Posts: 22
  • Reputation: +10
Whats up SR Fam, I was looking around on the GNC website and found what appears to be some new products from GNC. I havent been on there site in a while so you guys may have already heard of them. The ones I found interesting was the GNC GenetixHD™ Physio-Burn and the GNC GenetixHD™ Pro-Sculpt™ - Fruit Punch. I was wondering if anyone has tried these products and if they were effective. Looking to switch up somethings in the new year and these products sound pretty good. Let me know if you guys have any feedback on these products....Thanks!

Offline cparsia16

• Posts: 26
  • Reputation: +37
It remains to be seen how effective they are...even if they are really good...they would be way overpriced...GNC has made some decent products, such as their Wheybolic 60, Amp 189, Mega Men Sport, Ravage, etc...but the value just kills it in my opinion, when there are plenty of other good options out there for cheaper

• Reputation: +2
I just picked up both the GNC Pro-Sculpt and GNC Physio-Burn.  You'll probably make up your mind before I can finish posting, but I'll go ahead and leave updates/reviews each week for the month that this is suppose to last me.  I am currently 6'2, 180 lbs. and have roughly 18% body fat.  My waist is 34", arms 15", and neck 18".  I am starting the products tomorrow and will be working out 5 days of lifting (every other day upper/lower body) with light cardio every day.  The 6th day I will be doing just cardio, and the 7th day rest.  I will report how I felt after using the product/first workout on day 1, then report day 7, 14, etc.  Until the product is gone. (roughly 1 month).

Wish me luck!

Offline Will27

• Posts: 22
  • Reputation: +10
Thanks alot @castoroy14...I really look foward to hear about your progress and how effective the products are.

Hey all,

So I was going to report on day one, but figured I'd wait a couple of days before posting as I wanted to make sure my body was fully absorbing everything before I started.  So with that, here goes...

I am on day 3 of taking both products.  I have been taking pro-sculpt once in the morning after I wake up and once again before working out.  As far as the phyiso-burn, I am taking on pack a day (half pack in morning with breakfast and the other half of the pack with dinner).  I will up this to two total packs a days around the half way point.

With all of this said, I can say I have already felt the effects of these products (both positive and negative) after just 3 days.   I have felt a little more energetic after taking the pro-sculpt in the morning, but this effect usually wears off around 12 and I begin to feel normal again.  I haven't felt jittery or anything, just a nice boost of energy.  While taking it before my work out, I wasn't too sure of any different feeling until the third day taking.  It has actually given me a little more strength during my reps and I haven't felt as tired or winded after doing my full workout.  So, that part seems to work decently.  I can't say too too much about the phyiso-burn, but I haven't woken up as sore as before, so I'm sure it has to do a little bit with that product.  It's basically just like taking glutamine tho, so I won't have too much of an opionion on this until a bit later.

As far as the negative...let's just say that my stomach still hasn't quite gotten used to these products.  Not only does this product stain everything blue, and I mean EVERYTHING.  It's made my stomach a little upset and I've noticed a very loose stool.  I certainly hope this doesn't last too much longer.  Aside from that, the only other semi-negative thing I can say is that when after taking the pro-sculpt, I've noticed a tingly/itchy effect around my face and arms.  This goes away after a half hour or so, but that's not too bad I guess.

Hope this helps.  Anyway, I will update again in a few days.

• Reputation: +2
Day 7 - So I am definitely feeling more alert during the day, am still able to eat every couple hours as normal, and any uncomfortable feelings (whether it's an upset stomach or tingly sensation) have pretty much gone away.  I have felt much stronger than the first couple days using, and my waist line has actually gone down a bit and stomach certainly looks flatter.  I've tried basic dieting in the past with light workouts and it has taken much longer to see or feel these results than what I have seen over the past week using physio-burn and pro-sculpt.  I am very happy so far.  I did however have to end up going back to switch out the blue rasberry flavor for the fruit punch.  The BR was super sour and turned everything blue, while the fruit punch tastes better (not great) and doesn't seem to turn anything red.

Keep in mind, if you are looking for a quick miracle product w/ little to no diet or exersise...this or hardly any legal product is not for you.  I eat rougly 6-8 times a day and workout using wieghts/cardio everyother day.  Weights one day, then cardio the next.....for six days w/ day 7 for rest.  To show you the type of diet I stick to, here you go:

Monday thru Friday
730am - Irish steel cut oatmeal with shaved almonds and a pinch or two of brown sugar
930am - Apple or a banana
1130am - salad w/chicken or tuna w/ light dressing
130pm - light yogurt w/ granola (keep an eye out for unhealthy granola posing as good - watch sugar)
330pm - 1-2 scoops of my gnc wheybolic 60 protein (20-40 grams of protein)
530-6pm - usually chicken or fish (talapia/salmon) with rice/quinoa and veggies (pork or steak only once a week)
8pm - 2-3 scoops of the same whey protein shake (40-60 grams of protein)

Weekends
Follow the same diet except for breakfast is usually 2 eggs w/ lightly buttered wheat toast

My workout
Monday/Wednesday/Friday
Biceps, Triceps, Chest, Shoulders, and Back
If you don't like doing them all in one day, I would suggest doing biceps/triceps/shoulders on one day and move to chest and back the next.

Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday
I do about 20 minutes of interval training on a treadmill (running as fast as I can for about a minute or two, then lightly jogging for a minute or two.  I continue this for the 20 minute span.
I also play hockey so I usually go and skate hard for a half hour or so.  I'll assume you most likely don't do that part so just do some form of cardio.  Insanity (dvd workout) is INTENSE but I found a lot of the exercises you can kind of mold to how you want to use for your workout.

EVERYDAY - I never skip this.  I do situps/crunches/planks/pushups EVERYDAY of the week before my workout.  I hate abs especially so I get them out of the way first and move on to my routine.  All in all, I only work out about an hour a day.

Hope this is helping someone or anyone out there.  Either way, I'll post again in a week.

Offline thatguy89

• Posts: 3
  • Reputation: 0
hey, i just bought the physio burn pill pack it says its a non stimulant fat burner. Are the pills the same as the drink? Im 22 5'11 250lbs I just recently decided to get healthy. I have never taken vitamins so yesterday i went into a GNC and asked what i should be taking, they suggested Megamen multi vitamins, I asked what i could use to lose weight without caffine and she said the physio burn, Im also on crutches and in physical therapy, she suggest i take ZMA for muscle soreness. Im new to working out but i bought a bench and some weights im just having trouble finding out what work outs to do to make a routine. And i have no idea what to eat or when to eat. i bought the megamen, physio burn and zma

ThatGuy89,

The Pro-Sculpt powder is not the same as the Physio-Burn.  They do work best when stacking them together, but in your case of not wanting that caffeine, the PS Powder does have a decent amount of caffeine and also contains a thermogenic amplifier to help support in the weight loss.  Since you are new to supplements and working out, I would say try what you have until you run out and see your how your results are.  For the mega-man vitamin, be sure to take one in the morning with breakfast and one again in the early afternoon.  Taking both at the same time will actually end up wasting the vitamins as your body can only absorb so much.  With the Physio-Burn, the box says to take 2 packs a day for maximum results, but just take one a day to assess how your body is handling the supplements.  I would say brake the pack in half this way....Take one CLA (clearish gold pill), 2 Trysinex (Silver Pill) and Green Tea Extract (half black/silver pill) in the morning with breakfast along with the one mega men vitamin as mentioned above.  Then take the other half of the pack about 30 minutes before dinner along with the other mega-men vitamin.

If you look at my last post, you will see a pretty fairly decent structured diet-plan for weight loss.  This, along with a good workout routine (also mentioned in my post), added with the supplements should help you lose a significant amount of weight over the next month or two.  I'd say anywhere from 10-15 pounds realistically.

Keep in mind, my workout routine consists of a plan using more weights as I am currently pretty fit, but just looking to get that "cut" look.  For somebody in your situation, I would do more cardio/interval training.  This will help you hit maximum results oppose to just working out with weights.  Don't get me wrong, weight lifting is great and all, but in your case...I highly recommend donig cardio first.  Go ahead and google max interval training and see what you can find that fits for your schedule, then go from there.  I check here daily, so please feel free to reply and I'll get back to you when I can.  I wish you the best and hope I have answereed your questions/sterred you in the right direction!

Offline StateLift

• Reputation: 0
Castoroy14, I am almost 18 and I run everday.  I still have a little layer of stomach fat, i was wondering if i should get just the physio burn, or the pro-sculpt? Also, which one burns the fat quicker?

Statelift,

I would say if you are just going to use one, use the pro-sculpt.  As mentioned before, they do work best when stacking them together (pro-sculpt + physio burn), but since you are just going to be trying one, go for the pro-sculpt.

What else are you currently taking?

Also, even though you run every day, you may not be able to lose that last bit of belly fat as quick because your body is already used to your current workout/cardio.  You may want to consider trying to change it up a bit with more interval running.  Instead of running for 60 minutes (as an example), try hitting it harder for a shorter amount of time.  I mentioned it in a post before, but if you have access to a treadmill, try to sprint as fast as you can for a minute or two, then jog it off for a minute or two.  Continue this cycle for 20-30 minutes and you will get much better results.  I'd say doing this for a week on the pro-sculpt will work much better and quicker than running regulary at an even pace for a month.  You may want to also mix it up a bit by running side by side, backwards.  Trust me, it works.

For the rest of you following my posts, I am at about the 2 week point in my training with these two products and have to say that when stacking them together, they work great!  I have lost a few % in body fat in just a couple of weeks and my abs are starting to pop nicely.  I too had that extra layer of stomach fat, with a smallish pouch on my lower abdomen.  But now, my stomach is looking super flat and my obliques are starting to even show much more than before.  Keep in mind, you can't just take these products and expect to see results like this.  I do about 20 minutes of AB workout (leg lifts, planks, crunches) before every workout (weight training).  So keep that in mind while taking these products.  Just remember a little bit of hard work definitely pays off.  Eating healthy is also a must.

Hope this helps!

Offline thatguy89

• Posts: 3
  • Reputation: 0
Alright thanks for the info. Im going to try the same diet that your using.....i dont have the whey shake thing, is there anything else i could eat instead of that or should i just skip that step for now?

• Reputation: +2
I would say try and eat any type of lean protein during that portion of the diet.  ex. lean turkey, chicken, or tuna.  You can even try out a protein bar if you'd like, but be on the lookout for high sugar content, fat content, high fructose corn syrup, and any type of chemicals.   You can also eat almonds/almond butter as another filler.

Good luck!

Offline dre1234

just purchase physio-burn,trying to lose 10-15lbs
working out 5 days a week,upper body 2days,lower body 3days, abs everyday, 30min of cardio 5 days
any suggestions on better supplements or stacks i can take with physio-burn caffine free

Offline Milanan10

• Reputation: 0
Castoroy14-thanks for all the information.  I'm a smaller guy and have wanted to put on some mass.  I am able to get cut but its hard to get bigger.  I used GNC's amplified creatine189 before and I felt like i was stronger when on it and looked bigger.  When off it seemed I did not have as strength and i could tell my muscles were not as inflated.  I went to purchase it again after not working out as much for about two months and it was a bit different, maybe reformulated.  The new one gives me indigestion that i cant stand so i quit using it.  I also cant take whey because of lactose intolerance.  I was wondering about the Pro-sculpt, all these look like they are meant to get a bit leaner rather than put on more muscle mass.  Any ideas of what I could do or products I could try, especially what alternatives to whey protein you would recommend.

Milanan10,

Have you tried the Muscle Milk Whey formula?  It is lactose free.  If you want to get bigger, you definitely have to get more protein in your system!  I would say at least your body weight, plus add an extra 30-50 grams of protein.  If you end up not being able to take the Muscle Milk, then you just have to get more lean protein in your system like chicken, tuna, fish, etc.  You may want to cook your food ahead of time so that you have lunch/snacks for a couple of days.

You can also try and pre-workout formula witn N.O.  Something like MusclePharm Assualt I heard is really good.  It's supposedly a little different than other N.O. products in that it doesn't give you that intense energy while working out.  Instead, it works "under the radar" if you will, and after about a week, you will start to see the results.  They are supposedly much better than most products on the market.  However, I haven't tried it yet, so I am just letting you know what I've heard.  I've used Gaspari's SuperPump Max, and to be honest, it really got me jacked up for my work out and almost immediately saw/felt the results.  So maybe do a little research on what you prefer, then make your choice.

Lastly, if you are taking a thermogenic to stay cut...STOP!  This is probably keeping you from getting bigger.  And since you are already cut, albeit on the smaller side, once you start to get bigger, your muscles will pop even more as you will have gotten the "shrink wrap effect".  This basically means that your skin has conformed to your smaller body stature and once you build that bigger muscle mass, your skin will be extra tight around the newly added muscle and you will have an even better definition.

So...with all that said, I hope this helps.  More protein, try a N.O. pre-workout product, and stop using a thermo (if you are currently using).  Oh, and as far as the creatine, maybe switch to another product just to see if you get a better effect...then cycle on and off of it as needed.  Good luck man!!!