Topic: Dieting/cutting protein, alternative to xyngular?  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Legend

• Novice
Dieting/cutting protein, alternative to xyngular?
« on: December 31, 2011, 06:23:43 AM »
Hi all.  My wife started the xyngular fat burning system.  Very expensive.  She works out 5 days a  week.  Her diet is very good.  She really likes the protein, but I know there has to be an alternative which is probably better and definitely cheaper.

The goal is a very low-fat and low-carb protein.  Products that look good so are include Isoflex, Isofuel, Isopure, Lean Dessert, and Zero Carb SRO.  Her xyngular protein looks to be a soy-whey blend and most of these alternatives are whey only.  How important is the soy?  Any alternatives that include soy?  Thanks in advance!!

Offline Legend

• Novice
Re: Dieting/cutting protein, alternative to xyngular?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 06:30:54 AM »
I am unable to post the image of the nutrition label. Or a link to it. >:(

Google image search xyngular protein core 4 .. it is the protein that is 44cals/scoop.

Offline ShyamPopat

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 08:02:00 AM »
First of all, this program seems kinda iffy. I personally would never do it, but whatever works for her I guess.

Second of all, yes,there are much nicer options. Get on 100% Whey from either bodybuilding.com or allstarhealth.com. It has one gram of fat nd 3 grams of carbs, and lets face it that's not going to ruin her diet.

It's much cheaper, and it's pretty dang close

Offline ShyamPopat

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 08:03:26 AM »
As an added note, their justification for not having as much protein is BS. Lots of proteins contain extra amino acids. More popular companies like ON or Dymatize will even break down their protein into its specific amino acids for you to know.

Offline Hanzo

• Banned Doods
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »
Hi all.  My wife started the xyngular fat burning system.  Very expensive.  She works out 5 days a  week.  Her diet is very good.  She really likes the protein, but I know there has to be an alternative which is probably better and definitely cheaper.

The goal is a very low-fat and low-carb protein.  Products that look good so are include Isoflex, Isofuel, Isopure, Lean Dessert, and Zero Carb SRO.  Her xyngular protein looks to be a soy-whey blend and most of these alternatives are whey only.  How important is the soy?  Any alternatives that include soy?  Thanks in advance!!

As far as the soy, it isn't going to be so bad with her. Obviously, they put in soy in order to be able to make it more cheaply,as far as guys tho, who would want the extra estrogen (soy isoflavones)? In my personal opinion I agree with shyam, Optimum Nutrition will provide a far superior nutritional profile for someone who works out, as you said the idea for your wife is to work out in the first place. Other altrnatives are Dymatize and Gaspari Myofuaion, the latter being a personal favorite, and I believe to be the best tasting.
GOT GEAR? I wish I knew then what I know now.
Research Rat>VIP-RCR Brotherhood(if you don't know, don't ask)
If it takes forever.....I will die trying
All advice given is radically insane, you can't handle it.

Offline wjf9838

• Novice
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 04:28:04 PM »
When I was cutting I used nutrabio's 100% whey isolate. Im sure there are plenty of good other alternative out there, but nutrabio seems way better than xyngular protein core 4. Why? Because xyngular has 4 calories from fat and 1.3 carbs for just 10g's of protein. The nutrabio that I have has 3 calories from fat and 1 carb in 25g's of protein. Point being if your goal is cutting then you should want a minimal carb/fat to protein ratio. Nutrabio is also way cheaper, you can get 5lbs for $50. With xyngular protein core 4 your paying for a bunch of ingredients in their "proprietary blend" that you can get sooo much cheaper from a good multi-vitamin. Like I said earlier, I'm sure there are plenty of other proteins out there that are similar to nutrabio its just thats the only cutting protein ive had recent experience with. I personally try to stay away from anything with a "proprietary blend" because 99% of the time it is over-marketed, over-hyped, unnecessary bullsh*t. 

Offline Legend

• Novice
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 07:43:06 AM »
Thanks so much guys, repped.  Keep the thoughts coming.  We definitely won't be getting that xyngular protein. I know that has got to be several better alternative lean proteins.  As for the soy content of the xyngular, is there any benefit (for a woman) in the soy-whey blend?  Would I be missing a possible benefit by switching to any of the alternatives that are 100% whey?

Personally, for proteins I use BSN Syntha 6 (bedtime, occasional replacement) and ON 2:1:1 (recovery) and Xtend (intra).  Obviously my goals, build, and metabolism are quite different than hers but the point is that I've been through a lot of protein supps myself and have settled on a trio of products that are SOLID performers, that taste great, and that are very affordable.  Not expensive BS.  Can't wait to find the right thing for her also.

Offline Megan

• Banned Doods
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 03:41:29 PM »
I would recommend whey protein or beef protein way more than soy. Beef absorbes 95-99%...soy is in the 70's%

I would highly recommend she trying some whey protein of beef protein and they have a lot more amino acid ratio also.

Check out lockout supplements they have a lot proteins to select from ;)

Good luck to her on her diet!
Use "lockout05" to get an extra 5% off @

store.lockoutforums.com

Lockout rep :)

Offline DrAbs

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 04:20:59 PM »
i'd say ditch the expensive soy protein based blend & get a whey protein isolate that has a better quality & absorption rate as well as better price.

there are plenty of flavors & brands to choose from, first one that comes to mind is Isopure Zero Carb.

Also, there's something not right with them claiming 44 cals/scoop.

a typical protein scoop takes about 30g of powder, of which 20-25g are protein.

each gram of protein is 4 cals, so 4 x 20-25= 80-100 cals AT LEAST (that is assuming zero carbs & fats, in case of whey isolate)