Topic: is spring valley and walgreens brands a good product of supplements  (Read 11470 times)

Offline rob1880

• Locker Roommates
-spring valley triple strength fish oil 900mg omega 3
-spring valley chewable vit c 500 mg
-finest natural glucosamine sulfate(walgreens)
-spring valley milk thistle 1000mg

most of these come from walmart but i have read that some of the cheaper vitamins have fillers and other stuff in them and fish oils are different in different brands so wanted to find out some opinions on these products and mostly the spring valley brand
these are the vit a take on a regular basis besides also gnc megamen multi
"Spirit ... has fifty times the strength and staying power of brawn and muscle."
- Unknown

Offline ShyamPopat

• Locker Roommates
Re: is spring valley and walgreens brands a good product of supplements
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 10:55:55 AM »
Those are fine as long as they have the proper ratios of Omega 3's. However, I wouldn't get multivitamins from there, because they are normally underdosed.

The vitamin C and milk thistle would be fine--they tell you how much you're getting.

Offline fmrPRO

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 11:22:06 AM »
The only thing I will add is that you should try to find out what type of fish the Omegas are coming from. The reason I say this is because normally your cheaper or lower quality fish oils are made from larger fish which are more likely have heavy metal contamination. As where the better stuff comes from smaller fish. Some products don't divulge where the fish oil is coming from, but usually that's because they aren't as good quality-wise. Just something to consider
USPlabs Sponsored CrossFit Athlete
CrossFit Total: 1115
Squat: 410
Press: 180
Deadlift: 525
Goals: IMPROVE & DO WORK

Offline rob1880

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 03:23:52 PM »
The only thing I will add is that you should try to find out what type of fish the Omegas are coming from. The reason I say this is because normally your cheaper or lower quality fish oils are made from larger fish which are more likely have heavy metal contamination. As where the better stuff comes from smaller fish. Some products don't divulge where the fish oil is coming from, but usually that's because they aren't as good quality-wise. Just something to consider
yea i read about that
the label on the bottle says contains fish(anchovy,mackeral,sardine)ingredients
im not sure if thats what your talking about
the gnc brand dont say on the bottle only fish body oil
"Spirit ... has fifty times the strength and staying power of brawn and muscle."
- Unknown

Offline bignastyrico

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 07:51:36 PM »
you should find out where they get their product from. there is only a handful of actual production companys for vitamins, most are made by the same company. look at ON, they supply protein to 65% of companys, like bodytech, gnc, etc etc etc.
do you want to know the ultimate diet secret? put down the fork! FACE!

Offline jmlstocks

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 08:42:52 PM »
I've had quite a few duds with those cheap store brands, so I'm not all that trusting of them.  I tend to stick with the few trusted brands that I know for herbal supps-NOW, Primaforce, GNC Herbal Plus...
Lift Tracker:

Decline Bench:           340           Leg Press: 1713 (calculated max)                         Barbell Row: 313
Decline Bench            433
(with Slingshot-calculated max)   Trap Bar Deadlift 629
Seated Military Press: 220
Traditional Deadlift:    505

Offline ShyamPopat

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 11:41:15 AM »
Yea, if you want cheap and effective, three companies come to mind

1. NOW
2. Primaforce
3. Dymatize

Offline charmed

• Banned Doods
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 07:25:43 AM »
Here's an article from the Consumer Reports January 2012 issue.  Walmart's fish oil does ok according to this analysis.  Scroll to the end of the article to see the fish oil chart.

.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/01/fish-oil-pills-vs-claims/index.htm
neocell SPAMMER!!!  I work for NEOCELL and spam it all over the forum!

Offline JaneS

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »
I do not trust the Walgreens brand “Finest Natural” for vitamins.  I had been using “Nature Made” melatonin as a sleep aid.  When I tried Finest Natural for 2 nights, I had insomnia both nights.  I went back to Nature Made and had no insomnia.  Melatonin allows a clear test of a product’s quality.  It’s impossible to know if other vitamins are doing their job.  So this was enough of a test for me.  I will avoid Finest Natural.

Offline bb12

• Senior Members
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 05:19:57 PM »
Those products at Wal-Greens are typically over priced. No offense to any Wal-Greens employees