Author Topic: pre workout supplements for cardio, is this a good idea?  (Read 18772 times)

pumpingiron

• Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +4/-31
pre workout supplements for cardio, is this a good idea?
« on: September 30, 2011, 09:46:39 AM »
hi. sometimes i make my cardio like running when wake up, at 5 am. can i drink a pre workout supplement like jack3d before the run?. my goal to burn some unessessary foods thats picked along the week:)

mmafighter1

• Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +25/-5
Re: pre workout supplements for cardio, is this a good idea?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 09:50:05 AM »
no thats a bad idea...your heart rate would be way too elevated
Currently preparing for April 2013 Fitness Atlantic Men's Physique Division.

"The point is to work hard, even when no one is looking. Finish one more rep, one more sprint, even if the attention isn't on you. Because eventually, all that work outside the spotlight puts you right in the middle of i

Tsoiseth34

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +230/-215
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
Try an ECA stack on your cardio days. You'll burn right through that tired phase.
Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.-~-Stephen King

pumpingiron

• Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +4/-31
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 10:01:41 AM »
Ok what is this the ECA stack?

AS79

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +157/-25
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:31:50 AM »
A preworkout that is lower in stims and has BCAA's would be better.  Amino energy would be a good one.
LGI Supplements Rep

Str8up

• Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +39/-37
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »
Ok what is this the ECA stack?

Something you shouldn't mess around with.

It's three separate ingredients; Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Aspirin

You take 20-30mg of ephedrine, 200mg of caffeine, and 100-200mg of Aspirin, 3 times a day.   

gms585

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +53/-14
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 11:04:48 AM »
pre workouts are not recommended for cardio activities. You can eat high energy foods like 45 min before you workout for a little extra push while your going. Most people wont recommend much more then a cup of coffee amount of stims before doing cardio for extended periods of time. unless you want your heart to exploded in your chest...

why the aspirin? Whats that do for you?
Are you designated human?
negative. I am a meat popsicle.

pacmania

• Novice
  • Forum Rep: +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 01:50:10 PM »
I have a relatively high tolerance for stims so I don't really have any issues with using a good PWO before doing cardio. I like to use a PWO before cardio if I'm not really feeling it that day or if I'm going to be running because I hate running and the PWO can help give me the focus and drive to get through it. When I do something like P90X or INSANITY, the workouts are fun and motivating enough for me on their own that I don't need a PWO, but occasionally I will take one. My biggest concern with taking a PWO and doing cardio isn't my heart, it's my stomach. I hate having a PWO that is harsh on my stomach or makes me burp too much while all that liquid is sloshing around. I found Jack3d to be horrible for cardio and it even has made me puke a couple times doing P90X. CTD Labs' Noxipro has been by far the easiest on my stomach and their isn't too much caffeine if you only take one scoop. I've also taken Betanox and 1.M.R. before cardio because unlike some people, I do enjoy that cracked out feeling once in awhile and it can help knock out an intense cardio session. In the end, it's all about knowing your body and testing your limits...hope this helps...best of luck!

AngryOldMan

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +37/-4
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 04:00:03 PM »
I've had really good success using ThermoLife's Pump-Bol for cardio. It's low/no stim. I only take 1 scoop on cardio days and I seem to get great endurance out of it. Not exactly sure why, but it works for me.

pacmania

• Novice
  • Forum Rep: +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 04:26:40 PM »
Oh I forgot to mention I recently started taking anavite and xtend together when I do cardio and I feel great throughout my workout and I can sip on the xtend from beginning to end and you don't have to worry about stims or blood pressure or any of that.

jmlstocks

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +887/-86
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
While supplements are less necessary before cardio than lifting, there are some that may be of benefit.  Karbolyn makes a good fast acting carb source if you take it about an hour before cardio.  A good BCAA supplement along with beta alanine will help you out with muscle fatigue.  Another good cardio supplement to look into is Cordygen5, not a miracle supplement, but I felt my endurance was improved while on this product if taken about an hour before a cardio session.
Lift Tracker:

Decline Bench:           340           Leg Press: 1713 (calculated max)                         Barbell Row: 313
Decline Bench            433
(with Slingshot-calculated max)   Trap Bar Deadlift 629
Seated Military Press: 220
Traditional Deadlift:    505

Tsoiseth34

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +230/-215
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 08:31:55 PM »
ECA

25mg ephedrine
200mg caffeine
1 regular strength aspirin

Taken twise a day.

It isn't dangerous but I won't go into detail unless you want to. It basically helps you burn fat while the ephedrine helps your lungs expands seeing as how it is used for asthmatics.
Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.-~-Stephen King