Topic: colodial silver and oil of oregano  (Read 3348 times)

Offline cannon44

• Senior Members
colodial silver and oil of oregano
« on: September 08, 2011, 08:39:03 AM »
just got the first of many colds at college... my roommate mixes up colodial silver with oil of oregano and 1000mg of vitamin C in a dixie cup with orange juice. claims it helps with the immune system and staying healthy but i've never heard of any of it before (except for vitamin C obviously). can anyone shed any light on colodial silver and oil of oregano, are they legit in helping you keep from getting sick?
oh sorry if this is in the wrong forum, didnt know exactly where to put it so i figured multivitamin was a good choice

Offline Rebel29073

• Locker Roommates
A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it.

Offline cannon44

• Senior Members
Re: colodial silver and oil of oregano
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 09:01:51 AM »
the bottom article was really informative +rep. i searched it on my iphone when i was walking home from class and really only had the time to look at the first page of results all which were preaching colodial silver as the miracle drug of the 21st century. my fault for not researching further. i appreciate the help though. any opinion on oil of oregano/ any supp that can make a substantial difference in immune system

Offline RichMyers

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 09:02:50 AM »
Thymus gland extract is a powerful immune system booster.
Most problems in lifting can be solved by either pulling harder, or pushing harder.

Offline Rebel29073

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
oil of oregano looks promising and may ride along the rails that Mr Myers is suggesting (assuming thymol is linked to his thymus comments he made)

http://www.homeremediesweb.com/oil_of_oregano_health_benefits.php

here is a semi interesting read on boosting immunity.

http://www.raysahelian.com/immune.html

No worries bud on the help we all are here to help each other. I had a few free mins to ping some info for you is all.
A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it.

Offline IamAlex

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 09:12:58 AM »
My grandad who recently passed swore by colloidal silver for helping you get over a cold or other illnesses.

Offline RichMyers

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 09:13:51 AM »
In this case, I am talking about the dessicated and ground, bovine glandular thymus.

Very common for immune boosting in Europe.
Most problems in lifting can be solved by either pulling harder, or pushing harder.

Offline adaminlondon

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »
Dont listen to people that say colloidal silver is bad. Ive used it in high doses for years and it works really well to kill bacteria. Whenever ive recommended it to people theyve been amazed at how well it has worked too.

My mum has been using it for a infection in her mouth and the dentist was so surprised that since last year the infection has been improving as it was very bad last year. And she has not gone purple even though she uses it a few times a day over the last couple of years!

The reason why the put people off silver is because its a cheaper and more natural alternative to prescription meds, which these companies make millions off, and as silver is stronger that many antibiotics some companies have been trying to put it into disrepute.

It can only harm you if it is not 100% pure. So just becareful of where you get it. I done all this research as i was using it ALOT.

Ive used oil of oregano too, the best quality you can get but didnt find it helped me that much.

Adam

Offline bignastyrico

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 08:32:46 PM »
OIL of oregano is great when u get sick. plus u smell like a pizza for awhile lol
do you want to know the ultimate diet secret? put down the fork! FACE!

Offline rozman

• Novice
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 09:22:46 AM »
my wife used it when she was pregnant for morning sickness

Offline rozman

• Novice
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 09:25:27 AM »
oh yea she also used it on the baby, now if she's using it for the baby and herself its gotta be safe