Topic: feeling full & hungry at the same time?  (Read 5234 times)

Offline venom434

• Senior Members
feeling full & hungry at the same time?
« on: July 31, 2011, 05:11:22 PM »
has anybody else experienced feeling full/bloated, but still hungry at the same time? it's quite confusing and annoying..  ???

Offline Spdgreddy86

• Senior Members
Re: feeling full & hungry at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 05:20:55 PM »
Happens to me when I eat a lot of oat meal and or peanut butter. I try to limit these foods to avoid this feeling.
I Love This Place.

Future NPC Competitor 2015.

Free Fitness Starter Guide

The Best Bodybuilding & Fitness Cookbook

Offline Matty28

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 05:28:36 PM »
This is the feeling I get everytime i gotz the munchies.  :D

Offline deumcole

• Expert Reviewer Zombie Deadlifter 3rd Degree Black Belt (TKD, HKD)
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »
I get this when I don't eat for a whole day, then make up for it at the end.

I literally can't eat anymore, but I'm still so damn fooing hungry. Its annoying as hell.
"A government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
- Thomas Jefferson

"You are not a fragile ornament ready to collapse into an exhausted mass of goo simply because you squatted more than once in a 7-day week."

Offline bigworm89

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 06:04:24 PM »
Drink A LOT of water with your meal, it will make you feel full long enough for the cravings to pass.
Why do all Chinese people look alike?

Offline kevO

• Expert Reviewer/Zombie Deadlifting Crew Founder
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 06:05:45 PM »

Haha ditto.

Drink A LOT of water with your meal, it will make you feel full long enough for the cravings to pass.

Very true
Failure is NEVER an Option.

Patience and Hard Work produces results

Offline nmucha01

• Banned Doods
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 06:45:19 PM »

Haha ditto.

Very true

This helps, but the difference between hunger and appetite affects everyone in a different way. I know the EXACT feeling you were talking about, my stomach is full and I've eaten a huge meal, but I'm still hungry. I forget the name of it, but there is a hormone that makes you feel "hunger" regardless of anything you eat/have eaten. I remember seeing them showing the effects on mice on a news show once.

The only way I can get over this is to log what I eat, so I know how many calories/protein/fat/carbohydrates I've eaten, and just ignore the feeling of hunger, and look at food like fuel. It's really tough, and it sucks that genetics can make you hungry for no reason, but I look at as another chance to strengthen my self-discipline.

Anyway, something else it might be is if you have a deficiency in something, which may make you still hungry or craving for something. Make sure you have a good multivitamin, ever since I started taking Optimen, I don't get random food cravings anymore. Just hungry all the time lol  :(
GHRH's, GHRP's, and Peptides explained:
http://www.supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=15347.msg167448#msg167448

Methods for Naturally Increasing your Testosterone Production:
http://www.supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=15717.0

Eat, eat, eat, train, eat, sleep, repeat.

Offline jmlstocks

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »
I've had this feeling many times over and I'm not sure if this is what everyone else experiences, but for me I get it whenever I take in too many simple carbs.  I find excess sugar, white bread and other similar foods make my cravings go up and don't seem to ever satisfy that hunger.  A good example, I have a love/hate relationship with donuts.  I try never to eat them because when I do, I tend to be hungrier after the 2nd one than I did before I started eating.
Lift Tracker:

Decline Bench:           340           Leg Press: 1713 (calculated max)                         Barbell Row: 313
Decline Bench            433
(with Slingshot-calculated max)   Trap Bar Deadlift 629
Seated Military Press: 220
Traditional Deadlift:    505

Offline madhungry

• Senior Members
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 10:37:39 PM »
 @venom- what kind of food do you eat when this happens to you? I think it might be a ghrelin response. Depending on what you eat it can trigger your body to release more ghrelin (the hunger hormone) than would be normal. This is the sensation people report when no matter how much "chinese" food they eat they report feeling hungry after 2 hours. It's actually a false hunger cause by the excessive ghrelin but it feels no different to us than true hunger.

@nmucha @bigworm- solid advice + reps to both.