Topic: How often should you cleanse your liver?  (Read 6515 times)

Offline venom434

• Senior Members
How often should you cleanse your liver?
« on: July 12, 2011, 03:53:56 PM »
it's been a while since i've used any type of "Liver Support" products. not that i take anything "harsh", but how often should you cleanse your liver just for regular maintenance?

Offline jeffthenry

• Senior Members
Re: How often should you cleanse your liver?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »
Everyday homes. A gallon of water+ a day and some milk thistle never hurt anyone.
I spit on your grave, then I grab my Charles Dickens

Offline diazr01

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »
Dude I am wondering the same thing...how much milk thistle is enough for a daily dose?
You can't be a rockstar and a bodybuilder.- Phil Heath

Offline Matty28

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 01:14:58 AM »
Dude I am wondering the same thing...how much milk thistle is enough for a daily dose?

People run anywhere from 400 mgs to a 1 g a day.

500-750 mgs seems suffice.

Offline RichMyers

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 06:36:50 AM »
I think some daily liver cleansing is a great idea, just don't over do it, or you'll regret it. 

I know because I did it, and it's an awful experience. 

It's actually possible to make your liver vomit, by attempting to detoxify too quickly, and I promise it's absolutely horrible. 

After emergency surgery in 2004, (and being given an unbelievable number of drugs during my month in the hospital), about 3 months later, I thought I should do a liver cleanse.

Well, I took far too much, and after the herbs in the capsules had a chance to get into my system, I wound up barely able to get to the bathroom in time to throw up most of the bile in my liver.  This was about 10 times worse than regular vomiting.

I certainly detoxified, (there probably weren't many toxins left after that), but I really wish I had done it slower.
Most problems in lifting can be solved by either pulling harder, or pushing harder.

Offline kevO

• Expert Reviewer/Zombie Deadlifting Crew Founder
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 07:29:02 AM »
I think some daily liver cleansing is a great idea, just don't over do it, or you'll regret it. 

I know because I did it, and it's an awful experience. 

It's actually possible to make your liver vomit, by attempting to detoxify too quickly, and I promise it's absolutely horrible. 

After emergency surgery in 2004, (and being given an unbelievable number of drugs during my month in the hospital), about 3 months later, I thought I should do a liver cleanse.

Well, I took far too much, and after the herbs in the capsules had a chance to get into my system, I wound up barely able to get to the bathroom in time to throw up most of the bile in my liver.  This was about 10 times worse than regular vomiting.

I certainly detoxified, (there probably weren't many toxins left after that), but I really wish I had done it slower.

That sounds fukn horrendous.
Failure is NEVER an Option.

Patience and Hard Work produces results

Offline RichMyers

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 07:41:52 AM »
It was, I was so weak, immediately afterward, I could barely crawl back to bed.
Most problems in lifting can be solved by either pulling harder, or pushing harder.

Offline diazr01

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 08:25:25 AM »
Thanks, Matty...+

Rich...wow dude
You can't be a rockstar and a bodybuilder.- Phil Heath

Offline RichMyers

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 09:00:08 AM »
Keep that in the back of your mind, whenever someone is talking about detoxification.

Detoxification is a smart thing to do, but a person has to be smart, about how they do it.

Offline justinlando

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 06:30:51 AM »
My mom was taking a MX Liver Detox capsule once a day. It's a supplement that helps to clear out all of the debris in the liver and ensuring that toxins are leaving the body and not harming/damaging the liver or in short term "cleansing/detoxing the liver".

Offline rippedk1d

• Banned Doods
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 09:23:04 PM »
Water and milk thistle is great for just liver maintenance. Sounds like these complexly formulated liver cleansers can really get your liver to chuck up some nasty stuff of the quick.
HSsupps.com rep! PM me for a discount code!

Offline NubeMassive

• Novice
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 10:25:26 PM »

People run anywhere from 400 mgs to a 1 g a day.

500-750 mgs seems suffice.
when you say that, you are talking about the Silybin Phytosome or marianum mg level? cos most tablets you see have it so you take 3 per day which is roughly 300-700mg of Silybin Phytosome or marianum.... seems a bit much at times tbh
the one i take has 210mg per tablet and they recommend 2 of them a day.... would more than that create a laxative effect and have far more side effects?

Offline zul8ter89

• Novice
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 07:22:30 PM »
thx for the info