Topic: How often do you see a chiropractor just for maintenance?  (Read 3008 times)

Offline blizzard

• Locker Roommates
I'm wondering if I should just go when I have actual pain in my back/neck or just notice something's off, or if there's good reason to go on a regular basis (once a month, etc) even if everything seems fine. 

What do you all think?  (Ejem, RichMyers...)
"If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins the most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong, though. It's Hambone."  - Jack Handy

Offline RichMyers

• Locker Roommates
Re: How often do you see a chiropractor just for maintenance?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:31:50 AM »
I don't have to pay for chiropractic visits, so it's easy for me to talk, but even if there were no problems, I would still go at least once a month.

I firmly believe that a large number of back injuries occur when a person has a vertebrae out of alignment, and then attempts to lift something.

It sure is a cheap insurance policy to me.

Most problems in lifting can be solved by either pulling harder, or pushing harder.

Offline blizzard

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:46:09 AM »
Thanks Rich. 

Hmmm, that makes sense.  The only thing is over here it costs about $55 per visit, so it's not that cheap.  I went today and she sorted me out in about 5 minutes, and I'd love to go once a month.  I'm just not sure I can afford it.  But I might try to go more often at least. 
"If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins the most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong, though. It's Hambone."  - Jack Handy

Offline RichMyers

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 06:49:56 AM »
Maybe you can work out a deal with this chiropractor, something like $35, if you come every month, at the same time.
Most problems in lifting can be solved by either pulling harder, or pushing harder.

Offline Invincible01

• Senior Members
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 06:50:29 AM »
Being a soon-to-be chiropractor myself (graduate in December) I think you should prob do both of the things you were asking.  It's always I good idea to go in for a little maintenance either once a month or once every 2 months.  On top of that, if you're having a little bit of back pain then just go in a couple times week, or until it resolves.  Maintenance is the best prevention though.  Think of your body as a car...you get that checked up and and tuned up every once in awhile, so why not do that to your body as well.

Offline Frankiemusc

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »
I used to go once a month to the NYJ training camp chiro, friend of the family.
May fasted cardio be with u always.....

I am old school, I don't use LOL...it's HA

Offline Virtus

• Moderator, Unicorn Blood Acolyte, Double Tap Practitioner
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 07:28:08 AM »
Yeah I go once a month or when I have something off....but it is free for me as well, since my wife is a massage therapist at the chiro clinic. I also get accu there, which helps me sleep really well for a week after getting it.
"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Nous Defions

Offline blizzard

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 07:37:44 AM »
Man, I need to befriend a chiropractor and get in on that action! 

Offline Virtus

• Moderator, Unicorn Blood Acolyte, Double Tap Practitioner
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 07:40:47 AM »
Better yet, marry a massage therapist who works at a chiro!
"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Nous Defions

Offline blizzard

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 08:47:41 AM »
Oh Captain, my Captain!