Topic: Recommendations for a Good Intra-Workout Supplement  (Read 3938 times)

Offline BlackNirvosh

• Novice
Recommendations for a Good Intra-Workout Supplement
« on: June 25, 2011, 12:28:43 PM »
Hello Fellow Members!

I'm just looking for recommendations for a good intra-workout supplement.  I'm finding I'm putting in marathons at the gym these days (3 hours+) just because I have to pace myself with my sets.  I just don't have a lot in terms of stamina & endurance.  I'm looking for something that will give me some added energy once my pre-workout starts to go away during my marathon.  My goal is to be lean, toned & cut.  Not ready for the "bulk method" just yet.  I'm currently on my off cycle with my stim & creatine supplements, but will be cycling back on the first week of next month.  I would like to get something to add to my stack arsenal.  I've listed my other supplements to give you a good idea of what I've been up to, & also to avoid overkill.  That's another reason why I posted this.  Thanks everyone in advance!

Animal Pak
Animal Omega
Animal Cuts (I take out the red pill because of the other supps)
Kre-Alkalyn 1500
Jack3d
White Powder (For off cycling)
Super NOS Pump (It's a bang for your buck deal, $12 at Meijers!)
ON Platinum Hydro Whey
NOW's ZMA
ON Gold Standard 100% Casein (For mornings & before bed)

Offline ShyamPopat

• Locker Roommates
Re: Recommendations for a Good Intra-Workout Supplement
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 12:55:29 PM »
Topics have been made about this before, so try searching those. However, the big three I see are Purple Wraath, Modern BCAA, and Xtend.

Offline Dfost115

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »
Aen intrabolic is the most complete intra workout out now. Omega sports announces a new product in april called strive that is supposed to be "game over for intra workout supps" so watch for that to be released soom.
mmmm.....quinoa

Just gotta eat big man. Eat big.

Offline Owen3106

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »
I'm taking Core ABC and really liking it....Gluta-Tren from Promera that sells Concret can be taken intra as well

Owen

Offline bignastyrico

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »
ive trid about 6 differnet ones and xtend is still on top. check out some of my reviews
do you want to know the ultimate diet secret? put down the fork! FACE!

Offline flexluis

• Senior Members
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 07:11:18 PM »
im a fan of AEN intrabolic, but when im tight on cash i just go with whey iso and ON AmiN.O energy

Offline power

• Senior Members
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 08:32:36 PM »
SizeOn max is the first intra that I have tried & I like it a lot. I am almost done with my first bottle and
it has helped increase my strength & size. You said you are not trying to bulk. It has 180 calories.
One reason that I tried an intra was that like you I do some long workouts and I would start getting
hungry and feel sick if I didn't injest something. I would usually eat chocolate and that works for me,
but I was looking for an alternative. SizeOn has kept me from being hungry except for a couple of really
long ones. It helps my recovery also. It has many ingriedients so when you take other things such as
Kre Alk you may only want to take the Kre alk in the morning & not pre or post workout.

Offline MCSyd

• Senior Members
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »
Most of the suggestions listed above are basically BCAAs for intra-workout, and while being essential for muscle growth, it won't do much for giving you more energy & endurance, which is what you said you were after.

Buy yourself a 250g of beta allanine & citrulline malate.  Easily found online from supplement wholesalers.  Mix 5 grams (1 teaspoon) of each 30 minutes before your train - that'll definitely give you some more 'muscular energy' while you train.  Stack this with 200mg of caffeine before you head to the gym.  That should do it and won't break the bank.

For optimal muscle growth & recovery, then yes you can still look at adding in a BCAA-based intra-workout mix while you train.  Like Modern BCAAs, Extend, Purple Wraath, etc.

Cheers.

Offline chumpchange

• Senior Members
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 02:13:58 AM »
been taking watermellon xtend now for about a week. absolutely love it. especially on my off days from jack3d. gives me a good, clean, stem free energy throughout the day. great for runners. i'll add 4 scoops to 1 gallon of water, i start sipping on that until i need to refill, not just during my workout. modern bcaa and purple wrath are supposed to be really good too, but i've heard xtend tastes the best of the three.

Offline Jester12

• Senior Members
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 02:30:53 AM »
make your own and save a bundle
*powerade/staminade/gatorade
*4g beta alanine
*5g Creatine Mono
*5g BCAA Powder

takes okay and is quite cheap and effective

Offline SoulMonkey

• Senior Members
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 10:44:43 PM »
10 grams whey/20 grams waxy maize/100 mgs Caffeine/Modern BCAA/teaspoon of salt/3 grams creatine. Will taste gross but super effective.

Offline JS

• Senior Members
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 11:56:24 AM »
Purple Wraath....JMHO  ;)

Offline jcoffman8

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 07:08:38 PM »
ive trid about 6 differnet ones and xtend is still on top. check out some of my reviews

Agree with this whole heartedly.  I have used Modern BCAA for months and switched to Xtend and found that stamina, recovery and endurance was significantly increased.  Also Xtend is the only product that doesn't taste like ass (IMO).  My only issue is the cost, not because it is overpriced, but because it taste so damn good I end up drinking it too often.  I will say that I have since switched back to Modern BCAA and my recovery, stamina and endurance has decreased.  This could also be because of my low cal diet, but I still love xtend.  I did just order LG Science BCAA+EAA and have heard great things about it, I will do a write up once I am done. 

Offline Jester12

• Senior Members
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 03:16:27 AM »
none branded BCAAs can be bought from ebay mate.. will save you heaps over buying brand names when the straight supp wont be any different just the packaging.. got 250g BCAAs off ebay for $20.. good price been using it for 2 months now, intra every workout and footy training/games and still have remainants in my packet

Offline Jester12

• Senior Members
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 03:19:56 AM »
ebay.com.au/itm/250g-BCAA-Branched-Chain-Powder-Bodybuilding-Endurance-/270726143370?pt=AU_Exercise_Accessories&hash=item3f08891d8a

xtend is awesome dont get me wrong but i wouldnt pay top dollar to "branded BCAAs" when cheaper options like these are available..