Topic: Why do people like to argue with me so much!!!  (Read 3509 times)

Offline PTfootball54

• Senior Members
Why do people like to argue with me so much!!!
« on: June 17, 2011, 10:51:25 AM »
Im sorry but i have to vent right now....I dont know what it is, but for some reason everything i say has to be argued against pretty much everywhere i go. I never say any bold or outrageous statements, im never uptight about anything, im generally an easy person to get along with, but for the past few months everything i say has to be debated. The other night I actually agreed with my dad about something and he argued about it and tried making it seem like I was the bad guy even though I AGREED WITH HIM! all my friends now try getting on my nerves and try to make me snap at football practice, but i kind of just sit there and laugh or say something witty back meaning for it to be funny, Its not like im getting picked on but people just try to irritate me for no reason at all.

Even the stupidest things like i was watching TV at night and my mom came in and just turned the channel to Dancing with the Stars,didnt even say anything to me,  and i literally just said "its ok i wasnt watching that (in a funny voice because i didnt really care)" then she starts going off about how i never do anything, while i just finished 5 hours of yard work right after a 3 hour football practice, and i just wanted to relax for a while. Then the next day before i go to my dad's house he comes over to pick me up and doesnt say hi or anything and tells me that the house looks like crap because the weed killer i sprayed didnt kill the weeds my my driveway, and that i need to be working on the yard more because the neighbors are probably discusted and dont like me (by the way i always talk to my neighbors and they really like me and tell me the yard looks nice when im working in it), the day after i spend a little over 5 hours trimming the bushes, cutting the grass, weed wacking, pulling weeds out and spraying the little ones left over, dug a small tree out of the ground with a freaking shovel because we didnt have anything to cut the massive roots, and cleaning the gutters. it was a lot of work for my dad to just say that everything lookes like crap...those are just a few negative things that have happened, but there are so many more but i really dont feel like typing more.

It just seems like everywhere i go even places where i think i will be away from it all for a little bit, people seem to just try to get me mad even when i dont even say anything to them and keep to my self. Im just tired of all the arguing, i know im not going to please everyone, but everything i do seems to backfire or have major negative repercussions to them. If i make 1 person happy i pee off 3. It just seems like people are mad at me all the time, and i dont know what for.

Sorry for that but i needed to vent, i dont mean to female dog or anything like that, i know thats just life, but its just weird that everyone is mad at me for nothing, and its not like "nothing" where i said something offensive but i thought it was funny, it was nothing like i didnt say a word to people and they are talking poo behind my back.

again, sorry for the rant

Offline bignastyrico

• Locker Roommates
Re: Why do people like to argue with me so much!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:06:18 AM »
*HUG* shhhhhhhhhh its ok bro, its all better now.
do you want to know the ultimate diet secret? put down the fork! FACE!

Offline Scsrhino

• Senior Members
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 11:23:23 AM »
Could it be the attitude you carry with the words you are saying / how you are saying what you are saying? If so, even if unnoticed by yourself, maybe have someone close to you tell you if you slant your words a certain way when you speak. I know when I was younger (middle school /  beginning high school) I had a air of superiority in when I spoke, so people always felt confrontational. I didn't realize this until my coach pulled me aside, and told me I talked with an attitude. I don't know. Just saying.

Offline deumcole

• Expert Reviewer Zombie Deadlifter 3rd Degree Black Belt (TKD, HKD)
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 11:50:45 AM »
It happens dude. People got crap going on in their lives, & they try to share the misery.

Best you can do is just have a "whatever" attitude about it. Its obviously out of yer control, & trust me trying to control it will only aggravate you further. No sense fretting over it beyond this, no sense in letting it wear you down.
"A government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
- Thomas Jefferson

"You are not a fragile ornament ready to collapse into an exhausted mass of goo simply because you squatted more than once in a 7-day week."

Offline Rebel29073

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 11:55:24 AM »
Yeah you cannot worry about other peoples underlying issues on why they pop off on you.

Just keep your head straight and realize that sometimes people bark at others because other things are on their mind and while it isn't right sometimes it is human nature. You can always turn to the serene SR community where most of us seem to get along well...even though it is the internet it can still be a place of solace. 
A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it.

Offline PTfootball54

• Senior Members
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 11:59:11 AM »
Could it be the attitude you carry with the words you are saying / how you are saying what you are saying? If so, even if unnoticed by yourself, maybe have someone close to you tell you if you slant your words a certain way when you speak. I know when I was younger (middle school /  beginning high school) I had a air of superiority in when I spoke, so people always felt confrontational. I didn't realize this until my coach pulled me aside, and told me I talked with an attitude. I don't know. Just saying.

I dont think its my attitude, i try to speak politely espcially around my parents/coaches or adults in general, and people always tell me that i am polite, espcially parents. i am sarcastic every once in a while but only if its in good taste or if it wont really offend someone. I can be a jerk but thats only if someone gives me a reason to be. And no im not trying to make it sound like im perfect because im not, but the way people act to what im saying normally is fine, i try to be humerous or funny espcially to defuse a situation but its never disrespectful, its just lately people seem to be bothered by me. I dont know if its because of what people say about me behind my back because i know it happens, but that still shouldnt be a reason why even my parents are talking to me like i did something wrong.

And thanks for the over the internet hug Rico lol

Offline swazz

• Senior Members
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 01:50:50 PM »

I still get this all the time. Not like I am meaning to sound like a d!ck or anything, it's just sometimes the way you present yourself and say things that can change the meaning of what you are saying.

Offline PTfootball54

• Senior Members
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 02:08:57 PM »

I still get this all the time. Not like I am meaning to sound like a d!ck or anything, it's just sometimes the way you present yourself and say things that can change the meaning of what you are saying.

Are you saying i present myself in an arrogant way on SR, or are you saying that as a general thing for everyone? Because i dont mean to sound like im above anyone here, sometimes i get excited about things but i never intended anything i say on here to sound negative or arrogant in any way. And if i did i am sorry, i know i am sometimes bad at saying what i mean to say (im like that all the time, i just have so many things going through my mind and i tend to repeat myself a lot or leave out some things that may be important to the conversation haha), but again if i said anything that offended anyone i am very sorry.

Offline swazz

• Senior Members
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 02:53:17 PM »
Nah man, you havent come across like that to me anyways. I just know where you are coming from is all.

Offline PTfootball54

• Senior Members
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 06:55:15 PM »
Nah man, you havent come across like that to me anyways. I just know where you are coming from is all.

ok haha just making sure i wasnt seeming like a d*ck to any one

Offline killaz5

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 07:05:59 PM »
yea bro people in life are gonna kick you down ya know. ive been there..still there. I used to get made fun of alot back in middle school and then i started lifting and worked my ass off, and i gained alot of peoples respect. Ended up with alot of good friends and people that look up to me. its all about attitude and what you do wen people peeve you off. when someone does something that bothers me or upsets me i keep my mouth shut and i remember it and take it to the gym, and work harder then anyone else and i know im better for it
"It's hard to beat someone who never gives up."

Offline kgk4569

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 07:12:44 AM »
The other day I got into an argument with a trainee at radioshack. I was looking over the specs of an external enclosure to put an internal laptop HD into so my buddy could get his Data off his old drive. The guy was like "Hold on let me check." I'm thinking "OK whatever, I know this is what I need but let him feel good". He comes back and tells me that It doesn't matter, laptops can take any external drive. So I try to explain to him what the product he is holding does, and why it is needed. It took about 5 min of arguing, he finally figured out what I was talking about, then proceeded to say that that is stupid, because nobody needs to make an internal hard drive into an external hard drive, that's why it's called an internal hard drive. I just turned and walked back to the tools section. My buddy came back and I was shaking like i had palsy, I was so close to just headbutting the little *** until he learned to shut his mouth and listen. This usually happens a lot when I talk to tech salespeople at places.
"I do not want your cheap brainburning drugs. They are useless for work. And I am a working man today. I want vasopressin, washed caffeine, jumpstart, gingko biloba, guarana, and any intelligence enhancer introduced in the last five years." - Spider Jerusalem

Offline deumcole

• Expert Reviewer Zombie Deadlifter 3rd Degree Black Belt (TKD, HKD)
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 04:20:51 PM »
He's a trainee for a reason.
"A government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
- Thomas Jefferson

"You are not a fragile ornament ready to collapse into an exhausted mass of goo simply because you squatted more than once in a 7-day week."

Offline kgk4569

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »
being a trainee is no excuse for being a dumbass, that's a personal problem.
"I do not want your cheap brainburning drugs. They are useless for work. And I am a working man today. I want vasopressin, washed caffeine, jumpstart, gingko biloba, guarana, and any intelligence enhancer introduced in the last five years." - Spider Jerusalem