Topic: Supplements/diet to lose stubborn fats  (Read 1608 times)

Offline shayndel

Supplements/diet to lose stubborn fats
« on: May 30, 2011, 02:06:52 AM »
hi i am a 23 asian female. i am not obese, just have a little flabby arms and stubborn fat at the inner thighs and tummy below the belly button (i do train about 3-5 times a week have quite alright upper abs and obliques) that i want to eliminate. i don't really care about weight loss, am more for "visible" fat loss. that is to mean i would want lean muscle.

1) however i stay in singapore and the supplements here are very limited. we only have GNC and the only good thing i heard they have is the optimum 100% whey and the oats and whey products. so i would like to know if i need these, particularly the 100% whey since a lot of people have been raving about it.

one thing for sure, i certainly do not want to look more bulky given that my arms are already a bit thick.

i gym 3-5 times a week, with each day doing 1-hour cardio, minimal weight lifts or self training workouts i.e abs/legs/triceps workouts.

2) what foods should i cut down and/or eat more to help with the fat loss?

i currently eat little carbo with lotsa veggies. but with each serving as large i must say.. i also eat lotsa chicken meat and spicy stuff, and do not drink soda/soft drinks at all. i actually find my system digesting food very slowly. but in any case, diet makes me binge later so i find it a little hard..

3) what intense cardio can i do? i jog but dont really enjoy it, so am currently doing aerobics classes in my gym.

thanks..

Offline BalkanBoy

• Novice
Re: Supplements/diet to lose stubborn fats
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:10:40 AM »
the protein is good, but you shouldnt worry about that too much, i think you should just watch your diet there is a place on this forum diet/nutrition where they have 7 day diet plans i suggest you have a look at it (its quite helpful), if you want to lose your stubborn fats the best thing i can suggest is dieting seperate your meals in 6 - 8 meals including shakes, to speed up your metabolism which will take a while for some people and really fast for others, once you get more metabolism up your body will always be used to eating so when you dont eat or if you eat a little bit less you will lose weight alot quicker (i found weighing your food or getting a calorie counter on your mobile phone helps alot i have one on my iphone!), as for the eating vegies, vegies contain a lot of carbs and even though they are good if you over eat (even though you need carbs for energy to train) thats what will make you keep your weight you want to lose, if you would like to lose weight faster you need to lower the carbs easy as that, as for the cardio i hate it cannot stand it i can play sport and run around heaps but i hate going jogging or going for runs so the best thing which i have found is do your runs 10 - 15 mins only do 1 min run 80 % speed, 1 min jog/walk and keep doing that over and over again i found this helps burn the fat alot faster and if you can do them in the morning on a empty stomach it burns fast alot faster ! then doing 30 mins to 1 hour of cardio.  Aerobics classes are great stick to it !
Good luck with your training
You gotta risk it to get the biscuit !

Offline bignastyrico

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 08:22:59 AM »
balkanboy said it pretty well. i do cardio 30min preworkout and post 4 days a week. to lose the visable fat and gain nice muscle try upping your rep range. id stick to the 13-16 range but if u go to 16 thats when u can barely lift the weight anymore thats called going to failure. also your diet id suggest to eat every 3 hours to bring up your slow metabolism. but with 2 protien shakes (blends) a day. and no carbs for dinner at all.
do you want to know the ultimate diet secret? put down the fork! FACE!

Offline bignastyrico

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 08:25:40 AM »
oh also if your looking for a fatburner id go with oxyelitepro by usplabs. their are better ones out there but considering your lack of options for supplements id go with that.
do you want to know the ultimate diet secret? put down the fork! FACE!

Offline shayndel

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 08:04:18 AM »
thanks all!

oh i forgot to mention i play squash twice a week.. and sometimes i worry about one arm getting thicker than the other..

is running on empty stomach really safe?

and also, any idea if i can use ON 100% whey pre work out and/or DURING work out? e.g water breaks and all.. i always wonder what do people drink since they are always talking about having protein shake post work out..

Offline Cray

• AMS & ForeRunner Labs Rep
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 08:35:54 AM »
I wouldn't use whey intra-workout - at least not 100% whey. That's probably going to make you feel sick. It's certainly a good pre and/or post workout option. I'd also recommend it as an early morning shake.

You don't necessarily need to eat 6-8 meals a day although common knowledge suggests this as the best route. It sounds to me like your biggest struggle is portion control. What I might suggest is try having a small snack - like a protein shake - before your large meals. Also, eat slowly. Put down the fork in-between bites. Allow your body time to process your food intake. You'll feel fuller faster. It looks like your diet is solid. Low to moderate carbs and fats, high protein. I am assuming you're not eating lots of snacks and sugary sweets. Alcohol is also a big hindrance to fat loss. 
The creator of HSB and forever a Bro. RIP T2K.

"Better to die on your feet than live on your knees." - Courage Wolf
"Don't be a hoe, do some research bro." - Mooselini

Advanced Muscle Science/Forerunner Labs Rep