Topic: If your testosterone is too high does it affect your sex drive?  (Read 9753 times)

Offline diazr01

• Locker Roommates
Whats up meat-town,
        I am 22 yrs old; I have been taking Animal stak and animal M-stak for about 2 weeks now (took Prime previously), ever since my sex drive went down the drain, I tried to look it up and I found an article saying that when your testosterone levels are too high that your sex drive goes down....I am a bit confused because I am actually going to be 23 in a week or so, I know that Im young but younger people take this stuff and this doesnt happen...I need help my girls are complaining and me of course lol, thanks
You can't be a rockstar and a bodybuilder.- Phil Heath

Products Mentioned:

Offline fmrPRO

• Locker Roommates
Re: If your testosterone is too high does it affect your sex drive?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »
Although I don't think natural test boosters are going to put you in this situation, when your levels of test get above a certain level, your body starts converting excess into estrogen, and increased estrogen can have a decreasing effect on your libido. Like I said, natural test boosters aren't going to elevate your levels that high. It could be something effecting you differantly than normal in the supplement, so my advice would be just stop taking it, and see if you don't start feeling back to normal. Good luck
USPlabs Sponsored CrossFit Athlete
CrossFit Total: 1115
Squat: 410
Press: 180
Deadlift: 525
Goals: IMPROVE & DO WORK

Offline deeja

• Senior Members
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 01:06:12 PM »
The first week on stake I noticed this and then by week 2 everything went wayyyyy up. Sex drive and basically anything that has to do with test. Just give the product time
Jacked and tanned

No fat chicks

Injury update: not looking good.

Offline Rebel29073

• Locker Roommates
A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it.

Offline diazr01

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 01:15:34 PM »
Although I don't think natural test boosters are going to put you in this situation, when your levels of test get above a certain level, your body starts converting excess into estrogen, and increased estrogen can have a decreasing effect on your libido. Like I said, natural test boosters aren't going to elevate your levels that high. It could be something effecting you differantly than normal in the supplement, so my advice would be just stop taking it, and see if you don't start feeling back to normal. Good luck

Yea dude I think Ima stop taking this, Ima give it a week or two to see if things change,  thank you all, all repd

Offline diazr01

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »
The first week on stake I noticed this and then by week 2 everything went wayyyyy up. Sex drive and basically anything that has to do with test. Just give the product time

I have about another week of supply since you gotta take it for 3 weeks and take one week off, I dont think its going to get any better but Im just going to finish it off and then ima see the difference, thank u dude

Offline blingzip

• Novice
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »
mens-hormonal-health.com/high-testosterone-levels.html

This is a pretty late response to this thread I know; but Rebel, that link you posted seems to be specifically talking about the use of steroids (and maybe other anabolics??) in particular, not just "high testosterone" per se...Case in point, it says that high T can have testicular atrophy as a side effect (???). Surely that's not so much from the high T as perhaps from the source of the high T -i.e. an external source in this case? Just my thoughts.....

Offline Rebel29073

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 01:16:49 PM »
mens-hormonal-health.com/high-testosterone-levels.html

This is a pretty late response to this thread I know; but Rebel, that link you posted seems to be specifically talking about the use of steroids (and maybe other anabolics??) in particular, not just "high testosterone" per se...Case in point, it says that high T can have testicular atrophy as a side effect (???). Surely that's not so much from the high T as perhaps from the source of the high T -i.e. an external source in this case? Just my thoughts.....

I posted it more so to show side affect of high test. I agree that the findings seemed to focus around some use of anabolics. I was going otm ore so suggest that possibly the dip in libido was unrelated to the supps he mentioned and possibly linked to something else he was taking like maybe a PWO loaded up with 1,3-dim.

We got no further comment from him so I guess we will never know. 

Offline blingzip

• Novice
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 07:57:50 PM »

I posted it more so to show side affect of high test. I agree that the findings seemed to focus around some use of anabolics. I was going otm ore so suggest that possibly the dip in libido was unrelated to the supps he mentioned and possibly linked to something else he was taking like maybe a PWO loaded up with 1,3-dim.

[/quote]

Ok, gotcha there....But let me ask you though, you just mentioned about dim?? Were you suggesting that that could be associated with decreased libido?? I've used dim before -for a short time- but I noticed that it would seem to INCREASE my libido, at least somewhat, but still noticeable. I had taken that to mean that it was working on getting rid of excess estrogen and helping to increase the T; and that maybe it even somewhat "confirms" that there was some excess estrogen at work there (???). Does that make sense? What's your word on DIM?

Offline garlick

• VP of S.T.O.R.M.
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 08:04:20 PM »
Something else to consider here, DHT actually has a higher effect on your libido than Testosterone. Recently studies have shown that men with higher levels of DHT actually have higher sex drives, than men with higher levels of testosterone. They've also postulated that higher levels of Test don't necessarily equal higher sex drives, and the increase in testosterone typically correlates into higher DHT levels as well, which is why most men get a higher sex drive with higher levels of testosterone.

So there's more studying to be done on exactly why libido increases when you take a natty test booster, and some men may not respond the way it has been published.

One thing is for sure, I've taken horny goat weed, and man does that stuff work. So if you're experiencing a lower libido on any supplement, try adding in some HGW and see what happens. It could be all the change that you need.

Offline Grambo

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »

Ok, gotcha there....But let me ask you though, you just mentioned about dim?? Were you suggesting that that could be associated with decreased libido?? I've used dim before -for a short time- but I noticed that it would seem to INCREASE my libido, at least somewhat, but still noticeable. I had taken that to mean that it was working on getting rid of excess estrogen and helping to increase the T; and that maybe it even somewhat "confirms" that there was some excess estrogen at work there (???). Does that make sense? What's your word on DIM?
[/quote]

He was referring to the stimulant 1,3-Dimeth or DMAA or Geranium. It's a potent vasoconstrictor and it affects some people negatively in the "libido" department. Quotes around libido as it's more of physiological change than not feeling horny but those are sometimes combined together with the term libido.

You're referring to a different product called DIM that may or may not have some positive hormonal effects. Last I looked it was pretty inconclusive but that's been awhile ago.
Head Purus Labs Rep
www.Puruslabs.net
"Why would you go through your life not giving it your all?"

Offline garlick

• VP of S.T.O.R.M.
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 08:10:50 PM »

He was referring to the stimulant 1,3-Dimeth or DMAA or Geranium. It's a potent vasoconstrictor and it affects some people negatively in the "libido" department. Quotes around libido as it's more of physiological change than not feeling horny but those are sometimes combined together with the term libido.

You're referring to a different product called DIM that may or may not have some positive hormonal effects. Last I looked it was pretty inconclusive but that's been awhile ago.
[/quote]

That's not libido.

This came up the other day.

Libido is strictly how often you WANT to have sex.

NOT

Whether you can continue to have sex.

That's ED, and that's something completely different.

Offline TeamHardcore

• Banned Doods
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 10:42:08 PM »
If you cycling the products correctly and taking the.proper dosages this shouldnt happen. Maybe try to off cycle the supplements and see if you had a reaction to animal's :) supplements. If not, try lowering the dosages you take and see if that has any form of affect.
Hope this helped! Keep me up posted on what happens. :)
Two friends from Sydney, Australia, Looking to become professional supplement testers and reviewers. Our goal is to provide a detailed post to effectively help people seeking the right advice about a supplement product.

Offline Rebel29073

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 07:33:41 AM »

That's not libido.

NOT

Agreed I was referring to DMAA (Thanks Grambo and Garlick for clarifying) and more so Stim D*** affect (temp ED if you will) .  For the original OP, at his age group, and considering he was not taking anything anabolic (at least was not listed as such) I was assuming his issue was more so a not getting it up thing and not so much the urge to do some drilling , but I could be mistaken...he isn't commenting so we will never know.

I would have been curious of the OP was using some new PWO's or some other supps that were affecting him because the products he stated should not have had that affect...  

Offline blingzip

• Novice
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 05:29:07 PM »

That's not libido.

NOT

Agreed I was referring to DMAA (Thanks Grambo and Garlick for clarifying) and more so Stim D*** affect (temp ED if you will) .  For the original OP, at his age group, and considering he was not taking anything anabolic (at least was not listed as such) I was assuming his issue was more so a not getting it up thing and not so much the urge to do some drilling , but I could be mistaken...he isn't commenting so we will never know.

I would have been curious of the OP was using some new PWO's or some other supps that were affecting him because the products he stated should not have had that affect... 

Yes indeed, thank you Garlick and Grambo, and Rebel, for clarifying that 1,3 dim/DMAA vs DIM thing.

Garlick it's interesting what you've said about Testosterone and DHT and libido; I"ve read elsewhere that indeed, DHT actually is the more "potent" form of Testosterone, and that the "negatives" associated with it -such as hair loss- are possibly more to do with Estrogen than the DHT itself. Any thoughts on that? Indeed, I always assumed that higher T would generally mean higher "libido". And hence my simplistic thinking that herbs such as horny goat weed and tribulus must  be increasing Testosterone, and hence their libido-increasing properties. Like I said, "simplistic thinking".  :)