5-Alpha Test

By: Forerunner Labs

5-Alpha Test is a Prohormone manufactured by Forerunner Labs. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss.

Does 5-Alpha Test work?
Click to Expand

Hello SR community!
I won this a few months ago during a supplement reviews giveaway on FaceBook. I'd like to that the admins for having these giveaways. And a big thanks to Cray and Flash for all of their helpful input and answers to my (many) questions.

---FRL Claims about 5AT---
Hello SR community!

---FRL Claims about 5AT---
A powerful naturally occurring (dietary ingredient) metabolite of DHEA (Epiandrosterone) and a dose of B-12 for alertness/energycombined with a cyclodextrin delivery agent, patented F-Melt disintegrant and a new effervescent (e) absorption matrix that all makes up the strongest, safest, non-liver toxic rapid dissolving dry mass building & Energy supplement on the market

---Value---
I received a free bottle of this product from the SR facebook page giveaway. On nutraplanet.com, this product sells for $37.79.

---Ingredients---
This is the first review for this product, so I thought I would go more in-depth than my other reviews.

The main ingredient is the 5AT Proprietary Blend--126 mg

Hydroxypropyl beta cyclodextrin---

Cyclodextrins are a family of compounds made up of sugar molecules bound together in a ring. Cyclodextrins are produced from starch by means of enzymatic conversion. They are used in food, pharmaceutical, drug delivery, and chemical industries, as well as agriculture and environmental engineering.

Hydroxypropyl Beta Cyclodextrin is a prime candidate of all the chemically modified Cyclodextrins for incorporation into formulations used by humans and animals. HPBCD has the best balance of enhanced aqueous solubility, a wide range of drugs with which it forms stable complexes, and the most extensive collection of safety data in the technical literature with no adverse reactions reported. HPBCD is itself very soluble in water.

Basically used in solution to facilitate drug delivery.

5d-androstan-3B-ol-17-one---

1-Androstene-3b-ol, 17-one, (AKA 1-Androsterone and 1-DHEA) is a non-methylated pro-steroid that must convert to 1-androstenediol (1-AD), 1-androstenedione (original 1-AD) and/or 1-testosterone in order to be active.

1-Androsterone is a naturally occurring metabolite of DHEA. In the body, 1-Androsterone is converted to 1-Androstenediol and 1-Androstenedione. Both of these metabolites can then be converted to 1-Testosterone, which is where most of the effects come from. There is no conversion to estrogen.

1-Androsterone and its metabolites have relatively potent androgenic effects, therefore gyno is almost never an issue. However, because of the androgenic potency, this compound could pose a mild hair loss risk for those prone to male pattern baldness. Because this steroid is non-17aa there should be less concern about it negatively affecting the liver or cholesterol levels.

Moderate gains of lean muscle mass and strength can be expected, but users should not expect rapid increases in size or weight with this compound since extra-cellular and intra-cellular water retention are minimal. This makes the gains from this steroid fairly easy to maintain post cycle.

1-Androsterone will stack well with almost any compound. For more dramatic gains in size and strength it is recommended to stack this compound with an aromatizing steroid or possibly one of the progestational compounds listed elsewhere.

B12 (methylcobalamin)---

Methylcobalamin is another name for Vitamin B12, a substance found naturally in meat, milk and fish. Because Vitamin B12 is important to nervous system to functioning and the process of blood cell formation, people with deficiencies of the vitamin are commonly treated with B12 Methylcobalamin supplements; however, these supplements pose a risk for side effects in some patients.

Rapid Dissolve Agent---50 mg

F-Melt
What is F-Melt?
F-MELT is a brand name of Fuji Chemical Industry Co., Ltd for a directly compressible and co-spray dried powder, containing 5 pharmaceutical excipients designed for orally disintegrating tablets (ODTs).
F-MELT is designed for manufacturing Oral Disintegrating Tablets (ODTs), tablets that dissolve fast in the oral cavity without the need of water. It is suitable for direct compression manufacturing of ODTs by simple blending APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients) and lubricants.

Effervescent Absorption Matrix--- 45mg

This is a big thing that has been promoted and marketed by FRL. The efficiency and effectiveness of their delivery system maximizes the body's intake and absorption of various chemicals and compounds.

(R)apid (D)issolve (e)ffervescent or RDe is the new and improved delivery matrix that ensures the maximum quantity of active EpiAndrosterone compound reaches it's essential anabolic location within the body (skeletal muscle tissue). This is so extremely important because the more active compound that reaches the target location in the body – the more converted compound is available to positively effect skeletal muscle tissue growth. In this particular case – DHT!

Before the new effervescent matrix was discovered – bioavailability of the active hormone was an industry leading 69%, with the former Rapid Dissolve (RD) delivery. With the addition of the new triple-ingredient effervescent matrix – bioavailability increases by an additional 30%.

--Taste--
I was surprised at how good this product tastes. I was a little worried when I read that the directions said to let it dissolve in your mouth and sit for 30 seconds before swallowing. It tastes almost exactly like a peppermint.

---Dosage---
Easy: 1 tablet, 3 times daily

---Effectiveness---
I was nervous about taking 5AT since it was my first ph style product. However, after several messages to Cray and Flash, I decided to take it. I was pleased with the results I received from taking 5AT. I noticed a large increase in aggression and decrease in recovery time the first few days. I was getting more angry at small things that would happen, but I didn't go berserk or anything haha. I was taking this the last two weeks of my natty test cycle and two weeks into a cut cycle. I noticed that my muscles seemed to harden and I experienced an overall leaning effect.

---Side Effects---
I had no noticeable side effects while taking this product.

---Conclusions and Recommendations---
I know that this type of product isn't a major staple to have in your supplement arsenal, but if you have the cash to spend, I recommend giving this product a try.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Aggression

• littlebear34

Forgot the cons:
    A little pricy,
    Some of the tablets were broken in the bottle,
  • FlashSunday

Thanks for the review!
  • mhseaver670
    November 18, 2012

So how long did you run this? Just four weeks? Is the only thing you got from it was a bigger temper and what seemed muscle hardening? I wished you would have went in more detail on your experience. I guess after writing all the ingredients you was tired lol...
  • littlebear34
    November 18, 2012

@ mhseaver, I ran one bottle for 4 weeks. I forgot to mention this part in my review, but I did notice a slight increase in energy the first few days. I was cutting for a wedding the last two weeks of taking this and I lost 10 pounds. I thought that my strength was going to go way down, but it didn't. I did notice an overall decrease in strength, but it wasn't very drastic. Sorry I didn't have much detail about my experience. Like I said in my review, this was my first ph style product, so I wasn't exactly sure of what to expect.
  • Cryoburner
    November 18, 2012

Meant to hit yes >:( Good review man.

gwarrior1

Since I stacked this product with AMS Mass Drops, I'm using the same post:
I have been seeing this on a particular site where I purchase my supps from for a while now so after having 2 right shoulder surgeries in the past year I was eager to get back into the gym and true form. I grabbed my first bottle about 2 months ago and REALLY liked what I saw.(3 months ago I started on AMS-4AD/Mass Drops Stack)
Naturally after 2 surgeries and no workouts for about 9 months, I was pretty weak. For example: my bench had gone from a 325lb max to having a lot of trouble working with 135lb.
So...
Since I stacked this product with AMS Mass Drops, I'm using the same post:
So I hit the gym like normal; 1 body part a day, 1x per day. i.e. Mon.-Chest, Tues.-Back, Weds.-Shoulders...etc
Diet consisted of High Protein, High Fiber, Low Carb.
Within the 1st month I saw huge gains! Bench went back up to about 275lb (comfortable), Shoulder press up from 40lb dumbbells to 75lb, Deadlift from 225lb to 315lb. A lot of this is probably due to muscle memory but the focus, aggressiveness, strength/energy that I was experiencing prompted me to grab another bottle of this product. My gains continued!
During the 2nd cycle I saw my body really beginning to take form again. ALL of my lifts continued to climb. I began to hit the gym 2x per day. Farmers carries skyrocketed from 100lb dumbbells for 40 yrds to putting 405lbs on a shrug apparatus and carrying for 40 yrds. Bench continued to climb to 315lb; Incline dumbbells to 100lbs; Shoulder Press to 85lbs.
I then took 2-3 weeks off the supp. but grabbed another bottle. Here's where I stand now:
Bench- 370lbs (1 rep max)
Deadlift- 485lbs (1 rep max)
Shoulder Press DB- 105lbs (6 reps)
Barbell Curl- 155lbs (6-8 reps)
One arm rows- 115lbs (4 sets;10 reps)
Bent-over rows- 265lbs (8 reps)
Leg Press- 550lbs
Farmers-605lbs for 20 yrds
(Note: ALL of these lifts are New Personal Bests for me...I'm stronger now than I've ever been.)
The side effects on this product were minimal. I did experience some slight mood swings and irritability but nothing more than if I had ingested too much caffeine. My biggest issue was the back pumps which I got. Horrible at times, to where I felt as though I had a pinched nerve. But when I would go off of the supp. the pain would subside. No sexual sides to report.
The taste was fine; just like AMS 4AD; comparable to the taste of a lemon/lime alka seltzer.
I have to note that I stacked this supplement w/AMS Mass Drops and also took a Pre-workout(C-4) and Post(Body Motar)
I'm now taking a PCT-REBOOT by Forerunner
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Aggression

• Nutrexpert
    January 9, 2013

So you just took it as directed? 3 tabs per day?
  • gwarrior1
    January 9, 2013

Yes...1st spin with PH and when I asked in other forums about upping the dosage I never received a reply.
    2 months On-- 2-3 weeks off and 1 month on again.

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.