Home > Categories > Other Products > Accessories > Fat Gripz > Fat Gripz

Fat Gripz Fat Gripz

Fat Gripz Fat Gripz User Rating: (16 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs 3 in 1 Shaker Reviews
3 in 1 Shaker (15 Reviews)
8.9
Fat Gripz Fat Gripz Extreme Reviews
Fat Gripz Extreme (2 Reviews)
Ironmind R-Ring Handle Reviews
R-Ring Handle (1 Review)
Valeo Ab Straps Reviews
Ab Straps (1 Review)

Products in the same category:

Pro Fit Iron Gym Extreme  Reviews
Iron Gym Extreme (12 Reviews)
Perfect Fitness Perfect Pushup Reviews
Perfect Pushup (7 Reviews)
9.9
Perfect Fitness Perfect Pullup Reviews
Perfect Pullup (6 Reviews)
Vibram Five Fingers Reviews
Five Fingers (6 Reviews)
9.2

Related Forum Topics

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL Now available Limited Edition BLACK OPS Fat Gripz
Never used these before but have heard they work pretty good. They are doing a s...

Globe Gripz like Fat Gripz?
http://www.roguefitness.com/globe-gripz.php What do you guys think of these? Go...

Want to add Wrist wraps and Fat Gripz to my work outs
Hey SR, I was considering buying a good pair of wrist wraps because I have slig...

I got a pair of Fat Gripz and wondering anyone else
Hello, I'm going to try workout with these fat Gripz and see what happens. ...

Fat Gripz
I've beeb reading about these workout tools called Fat Gripz, you put them ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Fat Gripz Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Fat Gripz Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Improves Forearms (15)
  • Improves Grip (15)
  • Builds Muscle (13)
  • Good Value (12)
  • Having To Explain What They Are To People At The Gym (3)
  • Bit Pricey But You Get What You Pay For (3)
  • Chuck Norris Doesn't Promote Them (1)
  • Too Expensive!! (1)
February 2, 2014

Reviews: 2

Age: 35

February 2, 2014
Forearms even Popeye would love!

I started using Fat Gripz about 6 weeks ago. In my line of work grip strength could be the difference between going home or not. These things are worth trying if you want to improve your grip strength and forearm size.

Fat gripz work by working the poo out of your forearms. This is becouse of the increased thickness the gripz's add on to the barbells, db, or handles you use during your routine. All you got to do is slip the gripz over the barbell or db you are using. The increased thickness now forces your forearms to work much harder at maintaining your grip. After the first time using them even the muscles in my hands ached!

Effectiveness: 10/10 It works! Let me say though, don't expect to go with the big weight immediately. Using them will bring your maxes down some, but in the end its worth it. I went from using 90 lb dumb bells for farmers walk without the gripz, down to 65 lb with them and still had a difficult time holding them the first time. Once you go back to not using them, the weight feels very lite!

Convenience: 10/10 Just throw them in your gym bag. Much easier than trying to wrap a towel around a bar.

Value: 9/10 I got these from bb.com for around $30. I've seen the price from $30-$40. Price could be a little better, but they are worth it, just shop around.

Overall: 10/10 Your bi's, forearms, and hands will hate you! Ive used them for curls, farmers walk, pull ups, low rows, shrugs, bench press, just about everything I could. I didnt use them for stuff like power cleans though, for fear of them turning and coming off the bar. The slot needs to face the way the weight is moving, for low rows the slot should be facing you. This keeps them from sliding off, which would make for a bad day!

I have only found one con, and that is EVERYONE will ask you wtf you are using and what they are for. Almost everyone will want to try them as well.

This is only my second review, so constructive criticism is much appreciated.
irondude
irondude

Joined: 5/2013
Reviews: 5
Reputation: +245
When you start using them they feel a little weird, but once you get use to them you dont want to stop, and every one that ask I just let them try them !!!

Joined: 9/2013
Reviews: 2
Reputation: +20
Yea was akward at first but they are addicting. Feels weird without them now! The first time I used them was farmers walk and every guy in the gym tried them lol

November 18, 2013

Reviews: 13

Age: 31

November 18, 2013
Forearms are HAPPY

These are great for pumping the guns.

The effect of using these Fat grips for a while is amazing, your forearms can only grow!!

The one downside is the price, WTF??? It's rubber!!! I have a pair and they will probably do me for a while, but I won't be replacing them as they are too expensive!!!

I will instead use a towel or something far cheaper. Unless they come down in price. I have seen generic types on the net, maybe I'll buy them.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Improves Grip
  • Improves Forearms
  • Improves Wrist Strength
  • Too Expensive!!
Meuth
Meuth

Joined: 3/2010
Reviews: 39
Reputation: +3577
How do you think you would ever damage these that they would have to be replaced? They are pretty think rubber and high quality. I can't imagine one person using them ever wearing a pair out.

Joined: 11/2013
Reviews: 13
Reputation: -15
Well, mine are fine at the moment, but a mate of mine has his for about 5 years, he's a powerlifter and they get a lot of use. His are getting loose, as the inside rubber has eroded over time, so he can't use them on DB's anymore.

November 8, 2012

BIGD321

Reviews: 4

Age: 33

November 8, 2012
  As soon as I used Fat Gripz i felt the resistense in my forarms. The day after my forearms and my biceps and triceps felt bigger. I felt sore in areas that I have naver felt sore in before. After 2 weeks of use, I noticed a big change in my arm size and forearm size. Not to mention, my arm strength had increased at a higher rate than usual.
I've had Fat Gripz for 2 years now. I used it mostly for tricep and bicep excercises, and work them into my other routines, when I feel it is necessary.
I love using my Fat Gripz and feel that they are an everyday part of my weight-lifting routine. Without them, lifting would be much more boring, less challenging, less fun, and less creative. I think that anyone who is a seroius weight-lifter shpould have a pair of Fat Gripz.
I thought they looked silly at first {a big blue thing that makes the grip bigger, ha, so what} until I tried it. They work. They are awsome.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Muscles You Don't Know About
  • Helps With Tendinitis Pain
  • Durable
  • Helps With Rotator Cuff Pains.
    October 22, 2012

iandriscoll

Reviews: 3

Age: 20

October 22, 2012
     Ingredient profile - 100% pure rubber!
    Mixability - mixes great! Mixes in well in the gym bag.
    Taste - Pretty bad >:|

Okay, okay, enough of the sarcasm.

I've used fat gripz, fat bars, and things like towels/duct tape over bars since I first started training. I'd recommend fat gripz for any gym goer serious about grip strength. I redneck engineered a fat bar and fat dumbbell handles but I have to be honest fat gripz are a lot more convenient. Slap them on any bar, dumbbell, and most cable attachments.

I'd honestly prefer a fat bar or fat dumbbell handle over fat gripz just because it can be cheaper (I made mine for $20 from home depot) and since I train for strongman, axles are always the same diameter. They won't put fat gripz on implements at the contest! However, I realize most of you cannot bring in homemade equipment to the gym let alone buying these implements retail is ridiculously expensive.

Again it is extremely convenient and it is good for warm up sets of pressing exercises. Makes the bar feel like a pencil, which psychologically is helpful for me.

Personally, training with larger diameter implements, whether it be fat gripz or a fat bar, has improved for all my pressing lifts with a regular barbell. Get a pair.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Convenient
    • Chuck Norris Doesn't Promote Them
    October 8, 2012

Age: 45

October 8, 2012
     As the other reviews have stated these work great for your grip and forearms. They are very versatile due to the fact that they just wrap around the bar, dumbell, or handle to make a greater circumference. This in turn makes your muscles work harder and also makes you focus more on your form.They fit the whole way around my standard dumbbells but don't go the whole way around my Olympic bar. There is about a half an inch gap left on the olympic bar. I view this as a positive because I have to work even harder as the circuference is even larger.

Another reason they are versatile is that they can easily be brought to a gym. It would be pretty tough to lug around a fat bar and fat dumbbells to the gym if your gym doesn't already have them. If you work out at home they will save you money and space if you don't have a fat bar and Dumbells.

There are some items of safety to go over before using these. The slot opening should face the direction the weight is moving. For example when doing curls the slot should face up and when doing cable tricep pushdowns the slot should face down. If you don't do this then the bar could pop out of the fat gripz and that could be bad news. That brings up the next safety concern and the only reason that I gave these a 9 overall and not a 10. Do not do things like power cleans, other Olympic lifts, or strongman type lifts where the slot opening would face more than one direction during the lift. If you face the slot up for a clean that would be ok for the initial pull but when you rotate the bar and rack it on your shoulders slot would be facing down and would be a concern. Therefore if you want to do those types of lifts you would have to go to a gym that has a fat bar or fork out the money for your own bar.

I have had a fat handled leverage bar for about five years and have been interested in the history of lifting since I was young so the concept and benefits of fat grip lifting is nothing new to me. My leverage bar is limited in the movements that I can do with it and I could't justify spending the money on a fat bar so when I got the fat gripz about a year ago they have unleashed new srength and growth.

When I first got these I did 6 weeks with them for all of my bicep and tricep exercises. I think they gave me tendinitis in my elbow from doing standing tricep presses(French presses). I stopped doing the standing tricep presses with them and my pain has gone away. I am not saying don't do them as it may be my genetics and may not bother you. I have also used them for wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, bent over rows, and bench presses.

Bent over rows were a real suprise as I had to squeeze hard to keep the bar from sliding out of my hands. It feels almost as if someone is trying to pull the bar out of your hands. This is why I think anyone that does combat sports, is in law enforcement, a rock climber, or in the military would benefit from the rows or pulldowns. There were times in football when I would reach for the ball carrier and get a couple of fingers on his jersey almost like a fat griz row. Right now I am in the middle of a 6 week cycle of doing these. After the six weeks I will do them regular for awhile before including the fat gripz again so that I can hit my lats with heavier weight.

The other suprise for me was when I did bench presses for the first time with these. They made me concentrate on form and made the exercise much harder for me. I think powerlifters and football linemen would benefit from doing these. From now on I will probably do a set or 2 of these every couple of weeks when I do benches.

I rate the value of these a 10. I got them as a gift but right now for instance they are advertised at Bodybuilding.com for $38.99. I checked on Ironmind.com for a fat barbell and the price was $229.95. I also looked at their fat grip dumbbells and they were $319.95 for a pair. So you can see why I gave the value a 10. They are also durable as I have had them for about a year and they have not worn one bit, so that adds to their value.

These are highly effective, and versatile. there are many exercises that you can use them for and many ways that you can include them. You could use them for all of your sets for an exercise for a certain amount of weeks, for a finishing set, or some sets every couple of weeks. It is up to you. I highly recommend these for anyone that can pick up a weight.
      bpierce13
      bpierce13

Joined: 1/2011
      Reviews: 5
      Reputation: +125
      just ordered mine and I'm so stoked to try them out

Joined: 9/2009

Speedburst

Joined: 10/2012
      Reviews: 0
      Reputation: 0
      power, did you know there's also the Fat Gripz Extreme? Regular ones have a diameter of 5.7cm, while the Extreme version has a 7.6cm diameter.
      Might work better on your Olympic bar.

Reply #4:

Joined: 9/2009
      Reputation: +101
      Yes I hope to get the extremes in the future.

August 22, 2012

Vengeance23

Reviews: 6

Age: 27

August 22, 2012
       Fat Gripz blew up my forearm girth and strength. I used these for pullups, bench press, dead lifts, powercleans, and just about anything. within a week of using this you notice your grip is more powerful and stronger. By week 2 using this you notice your forearms are more vascular and you start to put on muscle. After using these, I went back to lifting without them and my grip was so much stronger. This helps in rows, pullups, and dead lifts especially. These Fat Gripz are pretty neat and i'm glad I tried them out. I had great results.
        August 13, 2012

BigRascal

Reviews: 7

Age: 40

August 13, 2012
         I can throw up respectable weight and I workout very hard however I have always had a problem with bulking up my forearms. I would snap Fat Gripz on during my bench workouts and within a couple weeks I was noticing my forearms were more vascular, thick, and bulky. My son is a baseball player and I have him using these now to help him improve grip and forearm strength.

Fat Gripz are a neat invention that really helped me improve a usually weak part of my physique.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Improves Forearms
        • Improves Grip
          July 20, 2012

Gkeezy

Reviews: 81

Age: 29

July 20, 2012
           I am not sure how I forgot to review this product, but let me tell you, get ready for some mind blowing stuff here SR members.

VALUE: 8/10 - I got this for a deal on bb.com for $28. Normally it goes for $40. A bit steep until you see how awesome this product really is.

USAGE: 10/10 - Fairly easy. You just slip these things on the barbell or DB, sometimes I even throw them on cables for added resistance in the muscle groups. They fit most DB's and Barbells.

EFFECTIVENESS: 10/10 - Now I usually do not give 10's in this category, because come on, how can you, nothing is perfect right ? wrong!. This product is off the hook. I will describe the different muscle groups this product is useful for. But before I get into the details please be aware, that with this product, leave the ego at the door. Meaning, don't think that starting off with this you will be doing heavy ass weight. You won't be. Plain and simple. Its going to bring your maximums way way down, but in the long run you will thank these gripz for what they will achieve for you.

FOREARMS: this product simple does what it entails. It hits your forearms hard. You will feel your forearms burning the next day. Because this makes your grip so much wider, where your thumb will not be able to touch your first finger. Using this for just forearm strength is awesome, because bigger stronger forearms means it will help with a ton of other exercises.

My issue has always been that my forearms would hurt when weight was heavy and prevented me from pushing around heavy weights. But after 30 days of this product, I can definitively notice the circumference of my forearms is an inch bigger and much fuller.

BICEPS: This helped me develop bigger fuller biceps. Because you are gripping these things very tight so the DB does not slip out of your hand, it puts more pressure on the actual bicep. But you have to bring the weight way down. Your forearms will burn if you try to use your ego lifting heavy weights and you will downright look like a tool. So bring the weight down and really concentrate on the contraction.

TRICEPS: What can I say, same with Biceps. It really helps me target that particular muscle I am hitting. Which is always a plus.

FORM: For some reason these grips when doing barbell or DB curls helped me have better form. I guess because I was so tensed up from trying to keep my grip on the bars. Excellent for form in my opinion.

Do not use everyday, your forearms will scream and curse at you, guaranteed.

OVERALL: 9/10 - Definitively recommend this to others. It's honestly worth the investment. It will help you improve your grips, help with pain in your wrists and just make your veins pop out trying to grapple the DB/Barbell. Highly highly recommend it.
          • Helps With Tendinitis Pain

Joined: 1/2012
          Reviews: 72
          Reputation: +2353
          I love these babies and I definitely agree with the annoyance of having to explain what fat gripz are to the curious kittens LOL

June 7, 2012

Reviews: 72

Age: 23

June 7, 2012
           I began using fat gripz back in March with the incite that my grip strength needed to be improved. I came across these babies at a local sports accessories shop near my hometown and decided to do some research. After hearing some good reviews on gripz's effectiveness I decided to throw down the cash and pick up a pair. Indeed, I have no regrets thus far for purchasing these bad boys.

How do they work? Fat gripz work by challenging your forearms. This challenge is enabled by the increased thickness the gripz's dense material provides on the barbells, dumbbells, or handles used during specific weightlifting movements. Essentially, you slip the gripz on the barbell, dumbbell, or handles you are using and in return, you create a thicker grip for your forearms to manage. This increased thickness forces your forearms to work harder at maintaining the stability of your natural grasp. The increased demand induces adaptation related hypertrophy in your forearm muscles. The results are stronger forearms and more strength and stability in your overall grip.

Effectiveness (10): I mainly use these during barbell shoulder shrugs, barbell wrist curls, E-Z bar bicep curls, hammer curls, and static barbell holds. Needless to say, the fat gripz create a much higher level of difficulty and forearm demand. The first time I used them during my bicep /forearm training routines, my forearms felt massively tight and pumped. Since incorporating them into my routine, I can definitely say that my grip has gotten noticeably stronger and my forearms are bigger and firmer.

Value (9): The price range for these is about 38-45 dollars. I payed about 38 dollars for mine. Seems a bit on the expensive side for an accessory, but with the results I got from fat gripz, I can definitely vouch when I say that you get what you pay for and then some. Still, shop around for the best price if you can.

Overall (10): Fat Gripz are a superb addition to your arsenal of training equipment. They help you to develop grip strength and forearm muscle mass. This is especially important sine grip is sometimes an overlooked area of training for some athletes. I strongly recommend these for anyone who needs to improve their overall grip strength and stability.
          January 9, 2012

hemiboy9

Reviews: 14

Age: 20

January 9, 2012
           I used these at my gym and they definitely helped my grip strength and improved my forearm size over the summer. During the fall I went back to college and couldn't use them during football season and after nearly 4 months of not using them I noticed a dramatic drop in my grip strength and as a tight end having strong hands to hang on to the ball is key. I bought a pair of my own and my first pull workout was brutal with these. I've never seen such a pump in my arms or had the deep soreness like I did. Pull ups rows shrugs all become extremely difficult even push oriented lifts become more difficult. They only lift I see you not being able to use these on are cleans and possibly push jerks but just about anything else you should be able to use them. The ultimate stamp of approval is that our military's most elite soldiers use them in their strength training programs as well.
          Pros:
          Cons:
          • U.s. Special Ops Use Them
          • Having To Explain What They Are To People At The Gym

Have you used Fat Gripz? Submit your own Review!