Home > Categories > Protein > Blended Protein > EAS > Premium Protein > Reviews

Premium Protein

This product has been reported as discontinued.

By EAS
Premium Protein EAS
7.5/10
(Weighted average based on 10 Reviews)

Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

JayT

This protein is good for anyone who runs out of their regular protein

This protein is good for anyone who runs out of their regular protein or just starts out with supplements. It costs $30 at BJs and lasts for a while. I had both vanilla and chocolate and both taste fine. They both mix fairly easily with water or milk. Of course there are better proteins out there, but for $30 dollars, it is a good back-up to have.

• There Are Better Products

All in all, for the price, I dont think too many proteins will top this

I started buying EAS protein because it was on sale for a GREAT price at Sam's club. I find it tough to gauge a protein powder on effectiveness thats why the 7. That would be like asking somebody to judge the effectiveness of the chicken at Sams vs chicken ad Tops. What i can tell you is that ive bought expensive protein and non expensive protein and havent noticed much of a difference it any at all in terms of muscle built or anything like that.
What you can judge a protein on is how well it mixes and how well it tastes as well as how well it digests in your stomach. This product has changed recently and it seems to mix easier, which has been mentioned already in a member review but i do want to mention that i have had the same experience as he did. As for taste, ive always been concerned with doing any other flavor other than chocolate because i see it as being tough to mess up. I recently purchased the vanilla flavor as that was all they had at Sam's and i actually enjoy it probably more than the chocolate. As for the digestion piece of the puzzle, it seems to be digested quick and doesnt sit in my stomach like some protein shakes do.
All in all, for the price, I dont think too many proteins will top this. I highly recommend this powder to any of you looking to save some money and still get a good product.

Posted September 12, 2011
    Agreed. $27 bucks at BJ's. Can't beat that. Although I do wish they carried more flavors.

Posted September 12, 2011
    heck yeah it is. cant beat it for 5 pounds of a name brand protein. The way i look at it when it comes to protein powders most supplement companies have a protein powder as their money maker and staple of their line. So, if you can find a name brand at a great price, buy it. I do agree about the flavors. I also like to purchase the little premade EAS shakes if im going away for a couple days and may need to sneak a shake between meals.

Posted September 12, 2011
    Sams club has stopped carrying this. It was a great product and value. They have replaced it with muscletech which is absolute garbage. I made the mistake of buying a bag of muscletech. Now
    I am throwing it out. Wish they would bring back EAS

This is a solid protien

*note* Highest rating i give is an 8

*note* Highest rating i give is an 8

This is a solid protien. No frills or over the top claims, which i appreciate. Does its job when does correctly and it does it well. Noticed good recovery and muscle growth while taking.

Effectiveness- i would say this product is quite effective. I take it twice a day, morning and post workout, and it works. I can tell i am getting bigger and my muscles are growing. Only protein can do that! But they take it the extra mile and add amino acids which help your body use the protein better. what will they think of next

Value- not too expensive at all. i think i get it for 5 bucks a pound which is average. Just about all 100% Whey is the same, but this goes just a bit further with the amino acids

Recommendation- Yes this is a good product and when used properly does its job just as good or better than the next whey.

mhseaver670

Posted April 17, 2011
      Great Im glad you like this stuff I just went a picked me up a 5lb at Sams wholesale this weekend. I used to use all EAS stuff back in the day I still feel this is a good company. Cant wait to see how this is nowdays.

Posted April 17, 2011
      Yeah man that's where I got it. The packaging caught my eye and I picked it up. Usaually use the 100% American standerdized whey but the amino acids in this pushes it over the top for me

Posted April 17, 2011
      would like to add that they recently changed their pruduct for the better. Before, the powder didnt mix all that well. Now with the new formula, it dissolves nearly instantly. Good pruduct gets better. Well done EAS

Tastes pretty good but not great

I picked this up at costco for $30. Figured 6 lbs (~78 servings) for $30 is worth shot. This is a protien blend. It takes 2 scoops per serving so it gets thick when using 2 servings or more. Tastes pretty good but not great. i like the way it sustains you better than whey. i consider this my before bed protein. It is worth the $30 but the thick taste may turn some away.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Stays With You Longer Than Whey
      • Thicker Than Most

mjtuf1

This stuff is nothing but good protein, but wont do anything else

Ok I give this a 10 because it is a very solid Whey Protein product.Is filled with alot of amino acids and vitamins. For Value I give it a 10 because Its not pricey at all for about $30 I get about a 6-week supply, taking it twice a day. This stuff is a good whey protein but that at best. It helps with muscle recovery, however it is Just Whey protein and doesnt claim to be anything more. All these other whey protein prodcuts in GNC all have fancy titles and claim to be something sigificant. However this protein product doesnt claim or mislead you to beleive its this PowerFULL supplememt. It does its job as a solid post workout protein. If you work out hard you will get results. This stuff is nothing butgood protein, but wont do anything else, it only aids you in recovery, but does a s solid job at that.

mongo81

It is okay, not great, not horrible

I am kind of ho-hum on this product. I bought it when it was EAS Premium Protein from Sam's Club. I was a newbie when I got it and did not know what good protein was. It is okay, not great, not horrible. My big thing is that if you do your research you can find a much better product for about the same money. If you find a good buy on ONs 100% whey it is about the same price as the cheapo stuff, and you are getting a super premium product.
      The first thing to take note of is that Whey Concentrate comes before Whey Isolate on the ingredients list. This means that you are getting more of the cheap protein than the super refined protein. The down side to that is that you are getting more byproducts like fat mixed in the protein compared to the Isolates, which are nearly pure protein. If you look at the fat and carbs per serving of a "good" protein and compare it to something like this, you will see the difference.
      Taste: 8- One of the strong points of this protein. I had the vanilla and it was not bad at all.
      Mixability: 6- Always had funky chunks unless I used the blender.
      Recovery: 8- This actually had a pretty good BCAA profile, along with other essential amino acids.

To sum it up I would just suggest that you find a 5 lb "Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey" for $40- 45 from allstarhealth.com or a reputable seller on ebay.
      Or if you want more of a Protein Blend, try ONs Nitro Core 24.

kuch

mixes well and tastes great

i love this product. we used it where i work for shakes and it mixes well and tastes great. ik the EAS ads r *** but they company knows supps. great for newbies too. i used it twice a day until it was gone... about 2 1/2 months. i recommend it for sure. had no negative side effects and worked out 6 days a week

Cons:

This is a great protein product for anyone who is just starting to work out seriously. This was the first product i have ever taken and 6 lbs for $30 bucks (got at the local sams club/costco) i figured you couldn't go wrong. One of the problems, however, is that it advertises "23g of protein per serving", but the serving size is 2 scoops. Therefore, you must take at least 3-4 scoops or more to get an appropriate amount of protein after your workout, which gets very difficult to mix unless you use a blender. Overall, there are definitely better products out there, like ON's 100% Whey; however, it gets the job done and I'd be surprised if anyone could find a better protein out there for the same price.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Great For People Starting To Workout
        • Thicker Than Most

pr3sto1

It's a great starter protein

This was my first ever protein shake. I picked it up at costco because it was cheap, and I didn't know much about protein shakes. It's a great starter protein. It doesn't contain very high quality ingredients though (mostly whey concentrate).

I prefer the chocolate flavor, as the vanilla flavor tends to make me sick. Also, it doesn't mix very well in milk unless you use a blender

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Stays With You Longer Than Whey
        • Low Quality
        • There Are Better Products

It helped me when i was a begginer at workingout

this was my first product i had ever taken. this really made me big and was easy to get for a low price. it lasted me a long time. the taste was not as good as expected when i got chocolate bbut it worked well for me when i was trying to get big. it helped me when i was a begginer at workingout. it is very thick, which makes it sort of hard to mix. you can take it pretty much with whatever meal. i still suggest other products like Optimum 100% whey protein because of its better quality and better taste but if you are low on cash and happen to run into this, give it a try.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Great For People Starting To Workout
        • Stays With You Longer Than Whey