This product has been reported as discontinued.

Premium Protein

By: EAS

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 3

Premium Protein is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by EAS. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss. This product has been reported as discontinued.
COMPARE SIMILAR

mongo81
  February 17, 2012

I am kind of ho-hum on this product. I bought it when it was EAS Premium Protein from Sam's Club. I was a newbie when I got it and did not know what good protein was. It is okay, not great, not horrible. My big thing is that if you do your research you can find a much better product for about the same money. If you find a good buy on ONs 100% whey it is about the same price as the cheapo stuff, and you are getting a super premium product.
The first thing to take note of is that Whey Concentrate comes before Whey Isolate on the ingredients list. This means that you are getting more of the cheap protein than the super refined protein. The down side to that is that you are getting more byproducts like fat mixed in the protein compared to the Isolates, which are nearly pure protein. If you look at the fat and carbs per serving of a "good" protein and compare it to something like this, you will see the difference.
Taste: 8- One of the strong points of this protein. I had the vanilla and it was not bad at all.
Mixability: 6- Always had funky chunks unless I used the blender.
Recovery: 8- This actually had a pretty good BCAA profile, along with other essential amino acids.

To sum it up I would just suggest that you find a 5 lb "Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey" for $40- 45 from allstarhealth.com or a reputable seller on ebay.
Or if you want more of a Protein Blend, try ONs Nitro Core 24.
  • Great For People Starting To Workout
  • There Are Better Products
gatordevin
  September 12, 2011

I started buying EAS protein because it was on sale for a GREAT price at Sam's club. I find it tough to gauge a protein powder on effectiveness thats why the 7. That would be like asking somebody to judge the effectiveness of the chicken at Sams vs chicken ad Tops. What i can tell you is that ive bought expensive protein and non expensive protein and havent noticed much of a difference it any at all in terms of muscle built or anything like that.
What you can judge a protein on is how well it mixes and how well it tastes as well as how well it digests in your stomach. This product has changed recently and it seems to mix easier, which has been mentioned already in a member review but i do want to mention that i have had the same experience as he did. As for taste, ive always been concerned with doing any other flavor other than chocolate because i see it as being tough to mess up. I recently purchased the vanilla flavor as that was all they had at Sam's and i actually enjoy it probably more than the chocolate. As for the digestion piece of the puzzle, it seems to be digested quick and doesnt sit in my stomach like some protein shakes do.
All in all, for the price, I dont think too many proteins will top this. I highly recommend this powder to any of you looking to save some money and still get a good product.

• RaleighReps
    September 12, 2011

Agreed. $27 bucks at BJ's. Can't beat that. Although I do wish they carried more flavors.
  • gatordevin
    September 12, 2011

heck yeah it is. cant beat it for 5 pounds of a name brand protein. The way i look at it when it comes to protein powders most supplement companies have a protein powder as their money maker and staple of their line. So, if you can find a name brand at a great price, buy it. I do agree about the flavors. I also like to purchase the little premade EAS shakes if im going away for a couple days and may need to sneak a shake between meals.
  • 70GS455
    Rep: -14
    September 12, 2011

Sams club has stopped carrying this. It was a great product and value. They have replaced it with muscletech which is absolute garbage. I made the mistake of buying a bag of muscletech. Now
    I am throwing it out. Wish they would bring back EAS
Andrewleo

*note* Highest rating i give is an 8

This is a solid protien. No frills or over the top claims, which i appreciate. Does its job when does correctly and it does it well. Noticed good recovery and muscle growth while taking.

Effectiveness- i would say this product is quite effective. I take it twice a day, morning and post workout, and it works. I can tell i am getting bigger and my muscles are growing. Only protein can do that! But they take it the extra mile and add amino acids which help your body use the protein better. what will they think of next

Value- not too expensive at all. i think i get it for 5 bucks a pound which is average. Just about all 100% Whey is the same, but this goes just a bit further with the amino acids

Recommendation- Yes this is a good product and when used properly does its job just as good or better than the next whey.

• mhseaver670
    April 17, 2011

Great Im glad you like this stuff I just went a picked me up a 5lb at Sams wholesale this weekend. I used to use all EAS stuff back in the day I still feel this is a good company. Cant wait to see how this is nowdays.
  • Andrewleo
    April 17, 2011

Yeah man that's where I got it. The packaging caught my eye and I picked it up. Usaually use the 100% American standerdized whey but the amino acids in this pushes it over the top for me
  • Andrewleo
    April 17, 2011

Would like to add that they recently changed their pruduct for the better. Before, the powder didnt mix all that well. Now with the new formula, it dissolves nearly instantly. Good pruduct gets better. Well done EAS

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.