Home > Categories > Protein > Protein Blends > EAS > Myoplex

EAS Myoplex

Myoplex EAS
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (17 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 87% (Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
Body Fortress Premium Whey Protein Reviews
Premium Whey Protein (61 Reviews)
Optimum Nitro Core 24 Reviews
Nitro Core 24 (38 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Pro Complex Reviews
Pro Complex (106 Reviews)
9.3
MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Reviews
Nitro-Tech Hardcore (66 Reviews)
5.9
MuscleMeds Carnivor Reviews
Carnivor (55 Reviews)
Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Reviews
Elite Gourmet Protein (31 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Myoplex, Cellmass, Opti-men vitamins, CLA, L-Arginine
Just got all of these and have been taking them at their recommended dosages for...

Muscle Milk and Myoplex and others (Good and Bad)
My VERY first tub was a tub of Muscle Milk, I loved the flavor and I have gained...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Myoplex Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Myoplex Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Muscle (10)
  • Good Taste (9)
  • High Protein Content (7)
  • Great For Meal Replacement (6)
  • Too Expensive (7)
  • Not My Cup Of Tea- Protein Blend (3)
  • A Little Pricey For Results (3)
  • Non Muscle Building Susbstances (2)
May 26, 2010

Manimal

Reviews: 55

Age: 19

May 26, 2010
  I have taken this several times in the past but i just finished my 4 pack of RTD's i bought. I was in a protein-pickle here at work so i went to the protein section and the only decent looking one i could find was this.
Nutrition Facts

Carbs- 20g
Dietary Fiber- 6g
Sugars- 2g
Protein- 42g

I used this as a meal replacement and i will say it works quite nicely for that. Would i use it post workout? No. It has a protein blend containing Milk protein concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, And Whey Isolate. When it comes to post workout, i like either a complete Isolate or Hydrolsates.
But i really like the 42 gram serving of protein you get from this as my body can break down about 40 grams every couple hours so it's just barely over my mark. Its also low in sugars and moderate in carbs.
I just came off a CKD not too long ago and i would not have touched this on a no/low carb day but i am on a low carb/high protein diet now and it fits in just right with my diet plan for an earlier-in-the-day meal replacement. I think it would be a great Pre Workout shake for any of you youngsters who are playing it safe and keeping away from pre workout supplements until the age of 18. Would still recommend a better protein blend or isolate for post workout. The amino levels in this are fair/decent.
The taste- Well, it wasn't the worst tasting protein i have taken, thats for sure. But it wasnt the greatest. It is definately tollerable and it is the first protein shake where i can honestly say i liked the vanilla better than the chocoalte (It is labled French Vanilla). So all in all, it's really not that bad of a protein but it is wayyy over hyped. Not to mention over priced. I paid close to 13 dollars with tax for 4 RTDs which is what brought the value and overall ratings for this down. I may purchase this again depending on my wallet and needs.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • High Protein Content
  • Great For Meal Replacement
  • Rtd Is Convenient
  • Not My Cup Of Tea- Protein Blend

Joined: 8/2011
Reviews: 7
Reputation: +14
I heard that there was a great amount of arsenic, mercury, and lead in this product. Is this true?

August 22, 2011

Reviews: 7

Age: 16

August 22, 2011
 I have been using this supplement for about 3 months now and im pretty impressed. Its not a MASS gainer for me at all but i do use it for a meal substitute every now and then and when i run out of other proteins and im on a tight budget. I like that it will keep me full until my next meal. I have used it as a post workout supplement before and it helped a little with recover but not much, but im used to taking the amp wheyabolic extreme 60 and i think that it recovers better than the e.a.s.

taste- it taste great, i have chocolate and vanilla and can enjoy both.

mix- it mixes really well, just a few flicks in a shaker cup and its all good.

effectiveness- good if looking to replace a meal or to stop the hunger at night

cost- prices aren't to high on this and for what you get its not a bad deal.
  • Non Muscle Building Susbstances
August 2, 2011

jaj1231

Reviews: 1

Age: 26

August 2, 2011
 I'm 8 months pregnant and couldn't gain weight or keep weight on through out my whole pregnancy until I started drinking these shakes. I finally hit 20lbs in my pregnancy which is way better than 8lbs. Not a big fan of the other flavors but the strawberry cream is really good tasting and I'm not a big fan of how much it cost but I will still drink because it is helping my and my baby grow
BrooklynBuff

Nice,gettin jacked for labor,LOL

April 27, 2011

Age: 17

April 27, 2011
 First off I am going to explain my ratings, I rated this overall 6 because I don't believe in using any supplement containing non musclebuiling substances (candium, lead, and arsenic) I rated the effectiveness a 7 because I drank one of these after my workout and I felt as if I had lost fatigue and as if I was ready for another workout, but thats just me, the value being 10 is because I got a whole box to try out for free.
So now I'm going to mention the flavor... I got a box of chocolate flavored Myoplex, it was very rich in chocolate flavor, very thick and it was very different, it tasted like pure chocolate and it was fairly easy to consume.
Effectiveness, after drinking a whole box, containing over 12 of these shakes, I felt a little development in my arms, and as I mentioned before, it was relieving after a workout as it contains many amino acids and or proteins.
The only thing I don't like about this supplement is that it contains the substances mentioned above, candium, arsenic and lead are not, let me repeat that, ARE NOT MUSCLEBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS!!!! and this also applies to Muscle Milk! Please do not waste your money on something that can potentially hurt you!
  • Non Muscle Building Susbstances
adam777
adam777

Reviews: 17
Reputation: +505
They had an article about the different ingredients in these premade shakes like muscle milk and myoplex. I think they had flavors that were worse than others. I think the dark rich chocolate one was the worst. I used to drink these religiously, but it does get expensive after a while.

Reply #2:

Reputation: +13
very true, thanks for your comment, I really dislike muscle milk and myoplex after finding out about these special indgredients (arsenic, lead and candium)

April 26, 2011

shredded2424

Reviews: 34

Age: 24

April 26, 2011
 This is a good product. If you have never had an RTD Myoplex shake try one...they're good- maybe not quite as good as Muscle Milk or somethin, buyt theyre pretty darn good. I was over at my mother's house a couplle months ago (someone who has never stepped foot in a gym) and I left my Myoplex drink sitting on the counter and she tried a swig of it, and now she's hooked on em' cuz they taste so good. She isn't too thrilled that they cost $3.50, but she buys em now. My dad drink em too. I drink em. They're good, they have a nice rich smooth creamy texture and great taste, a little acquired, but nonetheless pleasing to the pallate. Sheesh, for a protein drink...they are delicious!!!
    March 4, 2011

Age: 26

March 4, 2011
     This isn't the best.I go to health stores and just basically grab one of every kind of premade drinks cause I like not having to mix protein shakes and stuff all the time,thats fine for at the house,but when Im out I grab these.Over and over again I find myself looking past all the regular ones everywhere and reaching for Myoplex,mostly for the taste,Not everyone likes the taste of this stuff but I love it,its the a general works for all protein drink as far as im concerned.I drink this instead of a soda or when I feel Ive had enough water for the day.Overall not bad,I buy it when I see it for a cheaper price.

Reputation: +758
      bro you must be rollin in the dough,that sounds like it would get pricey.

Reply #2:

Reputation: +187
      Once upon a time Id buy up to 3 energy drinks plus a few energy shot and energy gum and everything with speed.So I dont mind spending less than the same amount to actually have something good for me.

Reply #3:

Reputation: +187
      3 energy drinks a day,excuse me,now that protein drinks are as readily available and in the same section at stores(at least around here)it makes it easier to pick the healthier one.

Reply #4:

good call on healthier. but damn thats 3.50 a shake. it adds up fast

Reply #5:

Reputation: +187
      Lol well even with the shaker cups Im so tired of mixing drinks and taking pills anymore,I started trying to find the best tasting protein bars and things with vitamins,I found the special K meal replacement bars are pretty good chased with a meal replacement shake of some sort,ensure,things like that,if not,Im usually tempted to end up grabbin fast food.

Reply #6:

Reputation: +758
      that sucks bro. stay way from the junk i hope all works out.

Reply #7:

Reputation: +187
      Eh,its just the tip of the iceberg between ph's and pcts and pwo and a million different kind of proteins,blah,I started having to write it all down just to keep up with it,lol.It never used to be that hard,a simple protein drink and an energy drink were my pwo supps years ago.

Reply #8:

Reputation: +13
      I believe this product has been marked down for having non muscle building substances

Reply #9:

Reputation: +187
      must be why it taste so good,lol,still a semi protein packed shake.

Reply #10:

Reputation: +13
      Candium arsenic and lead aren't taste enhancers my friend, these are very dangerous substances and elements to consume.

Reply #11:

Reputation: +187
      Really?Hmm,you got a link?

Reply #12:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/health&id=7473904 read up man

Reply #13:

Reputation: +187
      Wow,very good link,thanks for the info.So its mainly talking about the cheaper ones??

Reply #14:

Reputation: +13
      well I'm not sure, but I know that muscle milk and myoplex are never entering my house again. I'd stay from anything that seems sketchy, I felt like muscle milk was sketchy at first just looking at it gave me the creeps

Reply #15:

Reputation: +187
      Well one of the reasons I liked them both is I felt like I could replace a dessert with them,they were sooo tasty,specially muscle milk,Ever since we talked about it I havent bought any of them,I went with ON instead.Thats what everyone was telling me to get on here.

January 21, 2011

CDEC

Reviews: 17

Age: 17

January 21, 2011
       This is just an all around average product. The only thing I can say it really helped with was recovery time. But that's how every protein should be. I tried the strawberry and it had an awful taste and I had to chug it as fast as I could to get it down. It's a good product to start out your first protein with but by means of wanting to add a lot of muscle and weight it's mediocre at most.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • High Protein Content
      • Great For Meal Replacement
      • Not My Cup Of Tea- Protein Blend
      • A Little Pricey For Results
      November 23, 2010

bigj22

Reviews: 3

Age: 19

November 23, 2010
       First off let me say that EAS is a great company and anything they make can be taken by the avid lifter to the high school athlete... I suggest Myoplex if you are trying to build a lean muscle mass, it will help you get there. The only problem I really have with this product would have to be the taste. I prefer vanilla and mixing in some milk and a banana.
      • Rtd Is Convenient
      June 4, 2010

moobox

Reviews: 2

Age: 23

June 4, 2010
       I just finished a cycle of Myoplex Original in the Chocolate Cream flavour. I took it immediately after my workout and it tastes great! A very rich and creamy texture with great flavor that I enjoyed every day after the gym! The powder packs were very convenient but sometimes you really need to shake the hell out of your shaker to get rid of all of the clumps if you like them a little on the thick side and don't use as much water. I found that this product helped with muscle recovery the most, out of anything else. Even after a crazy workout I found that by the evening my muscles weren't significantly sore and in the morning after they felt really good (whereas before using this blend there was still some soreness the next morning). It also did well as a meal replacement on occasion. I did notice a small increase in the rate in which my strength was increasing, but nothing spectacular. Overall I would reccomend it for the taste, good recovery and steady (albeit slot) results.
      May 22, 2010

Emery

Reviews: 26

Age: 37

May 22, 2010
       I have been using the premixed shakes and love how convenient they are. They pack 40+ grams of protein and are a great meal replacement. I just bought a 4 pack at GNC on sale for 4 bucks and some change. I got several packs. I do think the quality is good and for convenience, it's great. I can chug one before a workout and be ready to go and still maintain my diet. The taste is good, bloating and gas is minimal and the quality seems good.
      I will definitely keep these on hand for convenience sake!!
      Cons:

Have you used Myoplex? Submit your own Review!