Myoplex

By: EAS

Myoplex is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by EAS. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

Does Myoplex work?
Manimal

May 26, 2010

I have taken this several times in the past but i just finished my 4 pack of RTD's i bought. I was in a protein-pickle here at work so i went to the protein section and the only decent looking one i could find was this.
Nutrition Facts

Carbs- 20g
Dietary Fiber- 6g
Sugars- 2g
Protein- 42g

I used this as a meal replacement and i will say it works quite nicely for that. Would i use it post workout? No. It has a protein blend containing Milk protein concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, And Whey Isolate. When it comes to post workout, i like either a complete Isolate or Hydrolsates.
But i really like the 42 gram serving of protein you get from this as my body can break down about 40 grams every couple hours so it's just barely over my mark. Its also low in sugars and moderate in carbs.
I just came off a CKD not too long ago and i would not have touched this on a no/low carb day but i am on a low carb/high protein diet now and it fits in just right with my diet plan for an earlier-in-the-day meal replacement. I think it would be a great Pre Workout shake for any of you youngsters who are playing it safe and keeping away from pre workout supplements until the age of 18. Would still recommend a better protein blend or isolate for post workout. The amino levels in this are fair/decent.
The taste- Well, it wasn't the worst tasting protein i have taken, thats for sure. But it wasnt the greatest. It is definately tollerable and it is the first protein shake where i can honestly say i liked the vanilla better than the chocoalte (It is labled French Vanilla). So all in all, it's really not that bad of a protein but it is wayyy over hyped. Not to mention over priced. I paid close to 13 dollars with tax for 4 RTDs which is what brought the value and overall ratings for this down. I may purchase this again depending on my wallet and needs.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • High Protein Content
  • Great For Meal Replacement
  • Rtd Is Convenient
  • Not My Cup Of Tea- Protein Blend

• mckadetalbot
    May 26, 2010

I heard that there was a great amount of arsenic, mercury, and lead in this product. Is this true?

I have been using the premixed shakes and love how convenient they are. They pack 40+ grams of protein and are a great meal replacement. I just bought a 4 pack at GNC on sale for 4 bucks and some change. I got several packs. I do think the quality is good and for convenience, it's great. I can chug one before a workout and be ready to go and still maintain my diet. The taste is good, bloating and gas is minimal and the quality seems good.
I will definitely keep these on hand for convenience sake!!
 Cons:

This review will also pertain to the Myoplex RTD's. The overall taste of the protein powder is decent, nothing special but not bad by any means. It is a bit more expensive than a standard whey protein but also has much more carbs and some more fat than say 100% Whey. The added carbs and fat may add a bit to the taste but this also makes it an ok option for people looking for an easy meal replacement shake. The RTD's that drink are 14 oz and 25g of protein with 23g of carbs. It only comes in around 210 calories so it might be too light for a full meal replacement but worth adding for the convenience. The RTD is also not as tasty as other RTD's such as Muslce Milk or Syntha 6, however it is also the cheapest of the RTD's that I have found. Its protein comes from both milk and soy derivatives so there is a blend of proteins which help prolong anabolism but at only 25g of protein, its hard to determine how much protein of each source you are getting and you can utilize more of all of them I'm sure. All in all, it is a better (lower calorie) option than say Muscle Milk for those looking to lose weight, however the taste does not hold up to its competitors. The powder can be found pretty much anywhere and is relatively cheap so that is a definite plus. I personally would stick with ON for my regular protein needs but in a pinch, this is not a bad option for anyone other than those on a CKD diets where the carbs will hurt.
  • Taste Is About Par
  • Cheap Powder
  • Rtd's Are Expensive

• Emery
    April 19, 2010

Agreed!!
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.