Super Mass Gainer Reviews

By: Dymatize

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #24 of 24 (better than 0%) in
Protein > Weight Gainers

Super Mass Gainer is a Weight Gainer manufactured by Dymatize. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.

September 5, 2015

Whats up guys, another review here we go. So I am into powerlifting and have been for a little while now. I have been prepping for my first meet for quite some time now. I'm more into the natural approach. Not bashing, shaming, or whatever. Personal choice I feel I don't handle them as well as other people so I stay away. With this being said I concentrate on getting the right amount of protein, carbs, and healthy fats. My supplement stack is usually protein powder, bcaa's(occasionally), pre workouts, and creatine. I may look into a natty test booster but unsure if spending the money is worth it. Although D Pol looks pretty intriguing. Anyways coming back from the tangent to the topic at hand. Dymatize Super Mass Gainer. Why? I'll explain why. My buddy was restocking his store and wasn't planning on getting anymore of these. This probably should have been a tell-tale sign that maybe this isn't a product worth buying. He gave me what I thought was a deal,but later on I learned the hard way I probably should have saved it for a better product. I'm not full on bashing this product. It does what it is intended to do. Just not the best or close to the best or even talked about along with the best supplements.

----Ingredient Profile----
There is no perfect supplement. Even those that swear by one, there are others whose body doesn't react the same to the same supplement. Every supplement has their flaws. With that being said the ingredient profile on this was what was definitely flawed. They have a ton of vitamins and minerals packed in here and that's cool. Although what I don't like is that their prop blend is their list of amino acids. I would much rather see how much I am getting per serving of amino acids vs. vitamins and minerals. Also why they added 1 gram of creatine monohydrate seems utterly pointless as if they accidentally had a surplus of it and decided to add it to this mass gainer. Even if you drank this every day 1 gram of any kind of creatine will do absolutely nothing to you. Also fructose, corn syrup solids, corn dextrins, and maltodextrin was something I wasn't a fan of. I understand it's a mass gainer, but I feel loading up with a healthier form of carbs other than sugars would have been a better option.

When I opened this product I thought I was on a prank show. The scooper for this product looked like the same one I have seen in cheap laundry detergent. In simplest words its flippen huge! I got a 6 lbs tub of the banana flavor. So the serving calls for two heaping scoops, which I feel was super unnecessary. Especially since there is only 8 servings for a 6 lb tub. I took one scoop at a time and was still able to get over 25 grams of protein, 640 calories, and .5 grams of creatine mono(Lmao!). The flavor was good although this isn't for a shaker bottle. I had to use an actual blender and it worked good. The taste was pretty decent and I usually can't stand anything with a banana flavor. I enjoy bananas just nothing ever flavored like them.

The effectiveness of this product I feel wasn't always there. I went through the whole tub and two weeks I feel wasn't something to gauge a product on. Although I definitely wasn't intrigued enough to seek out another tub to continue with this product. I still felt sore a few hours later and the next day it would be as if I had a weak protein shake(which I did). I would feel sore but not so sore I would say this didn't work at all. The positive with this product was the fact that I didn't have any digestion problems with it. Usually with mass gainers my stomach shows me how weak it really is. This is not the case with Dymatize. I would be full for about a couple hours before I would be running to the kitchen for something to eat. Although this did help me get in my extra calories and carbs for the day that is about where it started and ended. Also when I compare dymatize to Aftershock's critical mass its a night and day difference between the two. I felt I put on decent weight with Aftershock where with this I couldn't really tell since it only last me a little bit past two weeks. Also in those two weeks I didn't feel, notice, or observe any weight or muscle gain.

Okay so I got this for a little bit over $25. Since I did half dosages I paid about $1.50 per serving. If I didn't and took the recommended I would have paid over $3. I don't feel that its worth it personally.

----Side Effects----
None really

I feel that if I go with a mass gainer again in my supplement regimen it won't be dymatize super mass gainer and I would urge any of my friends to look elsewhere. It's not a horrible product and is sufficient but not something I would go seek out and spend my hard earned money on.
  • Didn't Mix Well
  • Very Messy
  • Serving Size Too Big
  • Not Enough Good Carbs
  • Not Enough Servings Per Container
  • Overpriced
  • Muscle Recovery Wasn't There
  September 21, 2012

So this is my first review...
first of all, I am from Czech Republic, so please excuse my english, as it is probably far from being perfect...

I started using this product about a month ago and i am actualy very happy with the results:

1) Taste (hardcore Chocolate)

I really DO NOT consider this very important, however this gainer tastes really good. To be honest, I prefer mixing it with water, as it mixes not so good with milk (I usually prefer milk, as most shakes taste better with milk) and taste is still pretty decent. It is little to sweet and strong for me but i think it shuld be OK for most people...

2) Effectivness

this product actually gave me excellent results - i was able to put on some serious muscle without to much fat - about 4lbs of lean muscle in 3 weaks with almost no fat. I do MMA nd play rugby - both twice a week, so i have enough cardio. It is possible that someone with less cardio can experience more fat gain as this stuff is really rich in carbohydrates and calories...

3) Side effect

To be honest, first time i took this product, I spent about an hour in the bathroom :-(

However, since that I have no problems using this - I strongly recommend to use only half of recomended serving (167 not 334g) twice a day - for me this is far mor convenient and effective then trying to mix and drink one full 334g serving...

NOTE:I do not have this confiremed, but I heard some guys complaining about very high lactose content of this product. It is no problem for me, but I know there are many lactose intolerant people and this can be very important for them. So please if this is your case ,I recommed to do more research about it...

4) Value

I am not sure about price in US or other part of the world, but im my country this is actually pretty cheap compared to other products - about 45$ for 12lbs. On the other hand it will not last long considering the HUGE serving. Anyway, what you get for your money is excellent, at least in my country... Please note that in my county supply of supplements is probably limited and prices much higher compared to US :-(

5) Suggested Use

As I already told you, I recommend using half serving (167g) twice a day - morning and after workout. For those, who are afraid of unwanted fat gain or smaller guys, one half serving after workout should be enough. I am 6'5'' and 240 and do enough cardio so 2 half servings work fine for me... This product is NOT suitable at all for anyone who wants to lose fat or stay extremely slim.

6) Overall Rating

I am not saying, that this is the best gainer out there, but it really works fine form me and it is IMO very reasonably priced. So if you are looking for decent gainer for reasonable price I can recommend this one for sure...
  • Good Recovery
  • May Cause Stomach Disorders
  December 7, 2011

I started a new program back in May after a couple of injuries that I sustained mainly because I am very clumsy. With the new program I started in September I need to have more calories in order to get better results I started with a Universal product Gain Fast 3100 before switching to my next choice Super Mass Gainer by Dymatize. To be honest I had somewhat of high hopes for Super Mass Gainer it was recommended from a person I trust when it comes to supplements unfortunate for me though I was disappointed.

Flavor 7.5/10.0

I went with the chocolate flavor because I usually have good luck with chocolate on taste and this one delivered on taste. I personally liked that it wasn't as chalky as some other chocolate flavors that I had but just enough taste where I didn't mind drinking. Yes I have had products I didn't care for and returned before.

Texture/Mix 4.0/10.0

This is by far one of the biggest problems this product has is even if you follow the directions with adding the 24 of milk or water to the product I had to add more than that to drink it. Otherwise it was way to think and most of the time very grainy which I did not care for. I also split the serving size in have one after I workout and then one before dinner and it was still a mess unless I added more water.

Effectiveness 6.0/10.0

It kept me filled most of the day, it also gave me a good source of protein, but as far as adding muscle I can not say it did that to be honest. It did add calories and some protein to my diet which is minimal but if I am to be honest it did that.

Ingredients 7.5/10.0

As with Gain Fast 3100 the ingredients are very similar there is nothing that really sticks out to me on the labels saying this is a must have product. I really have a hard time telling you that this gainier has better ingredients than any other gainer on the market.

Overall Value 5.0/10.0

It is very messy to use I did spill it a couple of times on my counter while making a shake. It is very grainy especially if you don't add enough water to it and it is kind of expensive. If you are looking for a good quality weight gainer I recommend Gain Fast 3100 right now they are priced about the same but Gain Fast is better in my opinion.
    • Lil Expensive
    • Very Messy
    • Didn't Mix Well

Copyright © 2015 All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.