Home > Categories > Protein > Whey Protein > Dymatize > ISO-100 > Reviews

ISO-100

By Dymatize
ISO-100 Dymatize
8.5/10
(Weighted average based on 39 Reviews)

Ranks #12 of 107 (better than 90%)
in Protein > Whey Protein
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Jpotter21

Really good STUFF

So, I know its not the next big product or some crazy new PH or SARM. But after finishing my tub of Iso-100 I was very compelled to write a review. I haven't really spotted any good reviews on it, so I figured I'd take a stab. On to the review.

Now most of you know, I'm a firm believer...

Now most of you know, I'm a firm believer in Humapro because plain and simple it works. I recover great from it and I never get that bloated nasty feeling like I do from whey. Well friends, I may have found my favorite protein powder to date. Solid recovery, no bloat, great mixability, solid ingredient profile, and fantastic taste.

Ingredients- 8/10- No fat, no cholesterol, no carbs, and 24 grams of Hydrolyzed WPI. The last part is the selling point for me. Hydrolyzed WPI is considered to be the fastest digesting and absorbing protein on the market. ON has made the famous Hydrowhey, and charge nearly double the price with no where near the amount of servings you get out of from ISO-100. Hydrolyzed protein IMO makes a great post workout option, or in the morning when you first get up. Its no bloat and ease of digestion I think makes it an ideal protein in many situations. So the ingredients in that regard already get a solid score. I would also like to add the actual ingredient list is small. Which I really like. You don't have tons of filler and fluff. You just get protein and more of it. I think Dymatize claims 86% protein per scoop which is pretty high. So ingredient profile is a solid 8.

Mixability/Taste-8- Both of these get a solid 8. No clumpyness, and the protein practically mixes like water. The consistency is perfect. You would assume that it would not taste so good, nay nay my friends. I bought the Chocolate and it was fantastic. It was a solid chocolate flavor that I looked forward to drinking post workout every single day. So mixability and taste get a solid 8 as well.

Effectiveness-9- Now I know, its rather hard to judge the effectiveness of a protein but this is one of the only protein powders I have used where it has helped with my recovery. After taking this post workout my muscle soreness next day was greatly diminished. I for whatever reason, am notorious for having really bad DOMS. But with this post workout I felt great and had little to no DOMS whatsoever. For those reasons alone I rate it a 9. Protein is never a magic supplement, but this definitely helped in recovery. Solid solid choice post workout.

Value-8- It is however rather expensive. You do get 81 servings for a 5lb tub. Its better than most isolates, but definitely not the easiest on the wallet. You can find most 5lb tubs for around 60-70$. But with 81 servings at two servings post workout for most your looking at roughly two months worth of protein. So its certainly not bad, but it is a little bit pricier.

Overall-8- Really good STUFF here. I thoroughly enjoyed running through my tub and will certainly be a repeat customer. The recovery, mixability and taste sold me. Its something I could look forward too every day and not be tired of it. And it delivers the results wanted. Great product. Give it a shot.

• Low Cals And Carbs
  • Taste
  • Mixes Good
  • Limited Flavors

Mooselini

Posted December 8, 2012
have u tried elite gourmet? Thats my second favorite protein behind mts, dymatize is a solid company

WarMachine

Posted December 8, 2012
Outstanding review JP!!! I am an elite whey man myself.

Jpotter21

Posted December 8, 2012
@ Moose haven't tried the elite gourmet or MTS for that matter. Both are on the too do list though.

@ War, thanks man. I love Dymatize proteins. I think they are super tasty, with the exception of Elite Xt which tastes like your drinking mud lol.

deeja

This is a good protein powder

Alright guys I'll start by giving some insight to people who don't know me. I'm on the Pulse feast diet right now which consists of 2 protein shakes through the day and then a large meal after training. I literally take in no carbs or fat through the day. Just protein. Because of such a low calorie consumption through the day I tend to notice the "effects" of supplements more.

The review:
Taste:
As for low calorie proteins, I've tried IsoFlex, hydro whey, isoXP, MyoFusion, intra pro and I'm sure a few others I've forgotten. I never did get the chocolate flavor but I burned through strawberry and started vanilla, and the strawberry is really good. It mixes a little thicker so it doesn't feel like I'm drinking dirty water. Instead it feels like a protein shake. The vanilla isnt great but it never is...

Here's the deciding factor. This product is 25g of protein per scoop and 0g carbs, 0g fat. Sure there are others out there just like that, but this is also 100% hydrolyzed protein. What I've noticed from this is that I don't feel weak or hungry through the day and my body isnt working at all to digest the protein. Sometimes I take IsoFlex instead of iso100 because I have a tub kickin around and it just doesnt compare. The workouts are better and I feel more satisfied all day taking this product. As a post workout I would imagine the effects would be similar too.

Price:
This is a good protein powder, but cost is almost as much as hydro whey which is ridiculous. Buying it in stores, the cheapest I can find it for is 45$ for 2lbs and 88$ for 5lbs. Even on the internet it's a little pricy. It's a quality product, so I can expect some kind of markup, but still a lot of money.

Overall:
My experience with this protein powder's been really good. I'm hooked for sure. I thought IsoFlex was the king of protein powders before, but now it's 100% iso100 for me. I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon for various reasons. Also it's a very unique product. I haven't been able to find any protein without other macros that's also just hydrolyzed whey. Buy this stuff!!

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Quality
  • 0 Carbs And Fat
  • Taste
  • Mixes Well
  • Limited Flavors

Posted March 27, 2011
Nice review bro,not sure how everyone missed this one

deeja

Posted March 27, 2011
I dno man. Next time I'll review a USP labs product ;)

Posted March 27, 2011
good review man.. yea im an aussie and cheapest ive found for 5lb is $110 on ebay.com.au.. hydrowhey over here is heaps more expensive tho.. looks like a quality product to me :D

Dymatize ISO-100 Birthday Cake Flavour -- Love this!

First review -- picked one of my favourites for this, let's go!

A bit about myself:
First review -- picked one of my favourites for this, let's go!

A bit about myself:
5'10", 185lb. Mostly doing a 4 day bodybuilding type split but with a focus on at least one heavy compound lift every lifting day. I do yoga most off days and run once in a while. I've been lifting for several years on and off. I work for a supplement retailer in Canada so I've tried just about every type of protein under the sun so I've got a bit to compare this stuff to.

I'm not taking many other supplements that would interfere with my perception of this protein; just a fish oil, greens formula, multivitamin, and vitamin D, which I have been taking for a long time.

Taste/Mixability (10/10):
I have the birthday cake flavour and hoooolllyyy I love this stuff. It is like a very sweet vanilla flavour but it's actually very reminiscent of actual cake. I pretty much have to hold myself back from having 4 shakes per day. This protein mixes extremely well in water, and the couple times I have tried it in milk it has been fine. Very rarely get clumps, and there is very little foam. Can't really ask for much better. NOTE: If you don't like really sweet protein this one may not be for you.

Effectiveness (10/10):
As we all know, it's pretty hard to rate the effectiveness of a protein, but assuming it is a 100% hydrolyzed whey (as the label advertises) it should be pretty damn effective! I guess I feel like I'm recovering pretty well while I'm taking this stuff, but I can't say it's heaps better than any other high quality whey isolate. It does digest extremely well, though, as a hydrolyzed protein should so it seems like it's legitimate.

Value (7/10):
This stuff is pretty expensive. As a poor student I probably wouldn't buy it if I didn't work at a supplement store (unless it was on sale). It does taste and mix amazingly well, and it is a great protein, but I think if you're on a budget you'd be better off with a cheaper mixed-whey. Once I'm done school and making some real money this will still be my go-to post workout/morning protein!

Overall (8/10):
I'd recommend just about everyone at least try this protein! I've also tried the vanilla, banana, brownie, and cookies and cream flavours of this protein (a couple sample packs of each) but the BDay cake flavour definitely stands out as the best so far. If you're on a tight budget it may not be for you, but anyone else should at least consider it for a post (or even intra)-workout fast absorbing protein.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Product
  • Mixes Well
  • 0 Carbs And Fat
  • Lactose Free
  • Good Quality
  • Low Cals And Carbs
  • Taste
  • Little Pricey

I quite enjoyed this product

ISO 100

I would consider this whey protein one of the better choices there for many reasons and i'll explain why.

ISO 100

Taste 8 1/2 - Apparently The flavouring from this product came from Glorie Jeans COffee from what I had been told at the Supplement Shop, this would explain why the flavours it comes in are abit odd like Pina Colada and Berry Blast, however It doesnt really matter because unlike most proteins you dont really get sick of the wild flavour and try to go back to chocolate like usual. I stuck with the berry flavour and its consistancy was creamy but thin, similar to a strawberry milk you would get from the supermarket.

Mixability 10 - This stuff instantly turned to liquid no complaints what so ever

Serving Value - I actualy found that this was one of the better valued products and to be quite honest with you whilst im reviewing it im wondering why im not using it any more lol. You get around 50 servings from what i recall, serving size is a little bit bigger than a shotglass so the norm.

Nutritonal Value - well i kind of dont really remember but What i do know is that you get alot of protein per serving and I think this is where the "100" comes into it as the purity of the powder is quite high.

Overall i quite enjoyed this product even though i had to take a stab in the dark in choosing a flavour, so thats its only downfall is the wierd flavours it has but i can assure you that berry is a safe one to pick. Just a good quality WPI with a great amount of servings, nothing more, nothing less.

• Mixes Good
  • Taste
  • Low Cals And Carbs

If you're looking for a solid, fast acting and great tasting protein go no further than vanilla iso 100

This is my first review so here goes.

I have been using this for about three months now and have tried both chocolate and vanilla.

This is my first review so here goes.

Flavoring: In opinion the chocolate is extremely rich and over powering and is difficult for me to drink and I really like sweet and rich chocolate protein. The vanilla on the other hand is AMAZING! I have never found a vanilla protein before that I have liked the taste of but this is fantastic, it's not to sweet and creamy to me it tastes like vanilla ice cream. 9/10

Mix: One of the best proteins to mix with water, no clumps and only takes a few shakes to mix right in 10/10 for mix-ability.

Value: I rate this protein very highly and think the benefits far out weight the cost, I always feel fantastic after the toughest workouts once taken the protein. 9/10

Overall: If you are looking for a solid, fast acting and great tasting protein go no further than vanilla iso 100. Fast digesting and also great for cooking, everything I have cooked with it also tastes amazing.

• Mixes Good
    • Taste
    • Low Cals And Carbs
    • Mixes Well
    • 0 Carbs And Fat
    • Great Product

Affordable, taste great

This best damn whey Isolate out there. Affordable, taste great (chocolate) You can't go wrong with this one. Great for cutting or bulking. Superior to whey concentrate.

• Mixes Good
      • Taste

bhurd

I would suggest this protein to anyone asking where to find a great one

This supplement is one of my top favorite proteins and I have tried multiple brands and types.

This one I found my body responds very well too. For starters, I love the fact its bioavailability is very high, almost all of the scoop is pure protein. It totals up to 85% protein per scoop, 24g protein. There is only 1.5g of carbs per scoop, which is good for the dieting lifter. 0g of Fat, Cholesterol, and Sugar. Another key thing to look at is the first ingredient is 100% hydrolized whey isolate protein, which is what you want to look for, for fast delivery to your muscles immediately after your workouts.

To sum up Id put it like this

Taste: 10/10 I buy the cookies and cream and gourmet vanilla I switch every other tub.

Mixability 10/10: I use water always, and follow the directions, 4oz/scoop. I've never had a problem with clumping and all I use is a spoon and a glass, Tastes too rich to me with even 1% milk. But you can expierence for yourself. The cookie crumbles normally sink to the bottom, and actually taste like cookie crumbs not some nasty powdery substance.

Effectiveness 8/10: I give it an 8 because there is really no bcaa's or added creatine to the supplement. Just good ol' hydrolized whey.

Side Effects: 10/10 Obviously its just whey protein, not really heard of side effects with a protein powder. I could only suggest don't rely soley on protein powders for your main source it is exactly what they are called supplements. Get as much lean meat source protein as possible and drink up, water that is.

Price 9/10: With protein it is true for the most part, you get what you pay for. This isn't too expensive. You can normally find good deals on it just look around, I typically use bb.com.

Overall 9/10: I would suggest this protein to anyone asking where to find a great one. A little pricey but like I said you get what you pay for. Great tasting, effective high bioavailability protein. Defintely worth trying at least once.

No im not affiliated with this company, nor have I recieved anything whatsoever to review this product or any other brands. Just a bodybuilding enthuisiast.

Posted April 22, 2012
        Do you recomend taking only after a work out?

bhurd

Posted April 22, 2012
        I don't recommend taking it only after a workout, because I use it for a morning shake as well as a nighttime one sometimes as well.

Posted April 22, 2012
        Do you know if there is anything if this protein powder that would cause me to fail a workplace drug test? I just got some and love it so far but heard some of these powders have hormones or other things that might cause a positive result.

Digests very well, mixes very well, good recovery, amazing taste

Been using this protein for the past 6 months, amazing stuff :)

Taste 10/10

Been using this protein for the past 6 months, amazing stuff :)

Taste 10/10

Chocolate and Gourmet vanilla are great, taste so sweet and cures any cravings for ice cream or candy. just picked up a 5 lb of banana smoothie, haven't opened it yet but im sure its great! but i would say gourmet vanilla for sure and blend w one banana, tastes phenomenal

value 9/10

You can get a 5 lb tub of this stuff for 49.99 on BodyBuilding.com , i just went to my local fitness shop here and bought it for about 6 dollars more, so no biggie. but it goes a long wheyy (haha)

is it that good? amazing. about 24 g protein for scoop and 1 scoop is 28 g per serving, mainly all protein. no carbs, no sugar, lactose free and low sodium. Digests very well, mixes very well, good recovery, amazing taste, best whey i have come across so far.

• Mixes Good
        • Taste
        • Low Cals And Carbs
        • Lactose Free

I was extremely surprised

The only protein supplements I have ever taken are EAS Myoplex and EAS Premium Protein. I have never had any desire to try anything else since I have been happy with those. Recently a friend forced me to try Dymatize ISO-100 saying I would like it better. I was extremely skeptical, then I was extremely surprised.

I have only tried this mixed with skim milk. Taste: wonderful - like chocolate cake batter. The quality of the chocolate is really good - you can really taste cocoa. This also tastes really sugary, but not artificial in any way. I had to do a double take with the label as I felt like I was cheating and eating a candy bar or ice cream. This would satisfy any sweet tooth I ever had. Mixability: great - mixes easily with a hand blender. Not sure how it mixes in a shaker, but I am pretty sure it would mix fine. Thickness: not as thick as EAS products, but it make it taste more like chocolate milk than a chocolate shake - a nice change.

The per pound price is a little bit more than the EAS Premium Protein at Costco. It only contains Whey instead of a triple blend but has nearly zero carbs, no fat, and fewer calories. This also did not fill me up or make me feel at all bloated. Recovery was great with this product. I will continue to use this as a post workout protein and save the triple blend for other times of the day.

I will DEFINITELY use ISO-100 again

How did you discover SR?
            How did you discover SR?
            I discovered Supplement Reviews back in the day, from a friend that told me about the website and that a lot of the supplements I was already taken were being reviewed on the site. So, I decided I would join up and start making my own reviews because of the awesome results I was getting! :)

What prompted you to write this review?
            I wanted to write this review because I have been an avid athlete since I was a young child, and only recently have I FINALLY found a protein supplement that actually worked for me and has helped me put on mass.

What other similar products have you used and how do they compare?
            I have used Whey Protein from Wal-Mart, Costco, and other retail stores, all of which did me no good and tasted horrible. Nor, do any compare to ISO-100 in terms of taste, effectiveness, and explanation of ingredients.

How long have you taken this product?
            I have been taking ISO-100 for 4 months now.

What was your diet/exercise routine like before/after/during your use of the product?
            Before taking ISO-100, I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. During taking it, my diet did NOT change at all, and afterwards I still eat whatever I want. (Have a ridiculously active metabolism so I'm like a garbage disposal, have never been able to gain muscle mass until starting ISO-100).

Were the results what you had expected?
            To be honest, no. I had used numerous (upwards of 4 or more) different types of whey-protein products, and none of them gave me any sort of good results, mostly just a bloated feeling.

What I got from ISO-100 was completely different from other protein supplements. I have gained 20+lbs the past 3 months, not solely due to ISO-100, as I have been taking Dymatize Super MASS Gainer as well, but that's a different review.

ISO-100 tastes literally just like an amazing shake that you would get from say a coffee stand, or fast-food chain, it tastes so devilishly good that you almost think it's bad for you! :)

How many pounds of muscle/fat did you gain/lose?
            I have gained 22.5lbs since starting ISO-100.

Were there any negative side-effects?
            I noticed ZERO negative side-effects from ISO-100.

How could this product be improved?
            I can't.

Will you use it again? Why/why not?
            I will DEFINITELY use ISO-100 again. As I stated before, it is the ONLY protein supplement that has actually worked for me, and tasted good! :)

Hope this helps! Let me know if I left any information out that you would like addressed.

Pros:
            Cons:
            • Best Tasting
            • 0 Carbs And Fat
            • Good Quality
            • Low Cals And Carbs
            • Taste
            • Mixes Good
            • Actually Works