Home > Categories > Protein > Whey Protein > Dymatize > ISO-100

Dymatize ISO-100

ISO-100 Dymatize
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (37 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 90% (Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
Optimum 100% Casein Protein Reviews
100% Casein Protein (138 Reviews)
Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews
Platinum Hydro Whey (98 Reviews)
9.1
Optimum Pro Complex Reviews
Pro Complex (106 Reviews)
9.3

Products in the same category:

GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews
Wheybolic Extreme 60 (79 Reviews)
Dymatize Elite Whey Reviews
Elite Whey (71 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Beginner starting my Cutting Stack:ISO-100, NO-Xpl, Kre, Xtend Need your Opinion
What's up SR. I'm starting my stack next week and I just wanted to get...

ISO-100 vs Platinum hydrowhey vs isopure?
What do you guys think? Iso-100, hydrowhey, isopure or other?...

Choosing a product: ON 100% Whey or Dymatize ISO-100
Hey guys. This is my first post and I wanted to give you my full situation so yo...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

ISO-100 Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
ISO-100 Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Muscle (31)
  • Taste (27)
  • Mixes Good (25)
  • Low Cals And Carbs (25)
  • Little Pricey (9)
  • Too Expensive (5)
  • Limited Flavors (3)
  • Terrible Taste (1)
December 8, 2012

Reviews: 49

Age: 22

December 8, 2012
 So, I know its not the next big product or some crazy new PH or SARM. But after finishing my tub of Iso-100 I was very compelled to write a review. I haven't really spotted any good reviews on it, so I figured I'd take a stab. On to the review.

Now most of you know, I'm a firm believer in Humapro because plain and simple it works. I recover great from it and I never get that bloated nasty feeling like I do from whey. Well friends, I may have found my favorite protein powder to date. Solid recovery, no bloat, great mixability, solid ingredient profile, and fantastic taste.

Ingredients- 8/10- No fat, no cholesterol, no carbs, and 24 grams of Hydrolyzed WPI. The last part is the selling point for me. Hydrolyzed WPI is considered to be the fastest digesting and absorbing protein on the market. ON has made the famous Hydrowhey, and charge nearly double the price with no where near the amount of servings you get out of from ISO-100. Hydrolyzed protein IMO makes a great post workout option, or in the morning when you first get up. Its no bloat and ease of digestion I think makes it an ideal protein in many situations. So the ingredients in that regard already get a solid score. I would also like to add the actual ingredient list is small. Which I really like. You don't have tons of filler and fluff. You just get protein and more of it. I think Dymatize claims 86% protein per scoop which is pretty high. So ingredient profile is a solid 8.

Mixability/Taste-8- Both of these get a solid 8. No clumpyness, and the protein practically mixes like water. The consistency is perfect. You would assume that it would not taste so good, nay nay my friends. I bought the Chocolate and it was fantastic. It was a solid chocolate flavor that I looked forward to drinking post workout every single day. So mixability and taste get a solid 8 as well.

Effectiveness-9- Now I know, its rather hard to judge the effectiveness of a protein but this is one of the only protein powders I have used where it has helped with my recovery. After taking this post workout my muscle soreness next day was greatly diminished. I for whatever reason, am notorious for having really bad DOMS. But with this post workout I felt great and had little to no DOMS whatsoever. For those reasons alone I rate it a 9. Protein is never a magic supplement, but this definitely helped in recovery. Solid solid choice post workout.

Value-8- It is however rather expensive. You do get 81 servings for a 5lb tub. Its better than most isolates, but definitely not the easiest on the wallet. You can find most 5lb tubs for around 60-70$. But with 81 servings at two servings post workout for most your looking at roughly two months worth of protein. So its certainly not bad, but it is a little bit pricier.

Overall-8- Really good STUFF here. I thoroughly enjoyed running through my tub and will certainly be a repeat customer. The recovery, mixability and taste sold me. Its something I could look forward too every day and not be tired of it. And it delivers the results wanted. Great product. Give it a shot.
  • Low Cals And Carbs
  • Taste
  • Mixes Good
  • Limited Flavors
Mooselini
Mooselini

Joined: 10/2010
Reviews: 28
Reputation: +2203
have u tried elite gourmet? Thats my second favorite protein behind mts, dymatize is a solid company

Reply #2:
WarMachine
WarMachine

Joined: 1/2012
Reviews: 73
Reputation: +2354
Outstanding review JP!!! I am an elite whey man myself.

Reply #3:

Joined: 11/2011
Reviews: 49
Reputation: +1326
@ Moose haven't tried the elite gourmet or MTS for that matter. Both are on the too do list though.

@ War, thanks man. I love Dymatize proteins. I think they are super tasty, with the exception of Elite Xt which tastes like your drinking mud lol.

May 4, 2013

sk8erdoug

Reviews: 4

Age: 23

May 4, 2013
 How did you discover SR?
I discovered Supplement Reviews back in the day, from a friend that told me about the website and that a lot of the supplements I was already taken were being reviewed on the site. So, I decided I would join up and start making my own reviews because of the awesome results I was getting! :)

What prompted you to write this review?
I wanted to write this review because I have been an avid athlete since I was a young child, and only recently have I FINALLY found a protein supplement that actually worked for me and has helped me put on mass.

What other similar products have you used and how do they compare?
I have used Whey Protein from Wal-Mart, Costco, and other retail stores, all of which did me no good and tasted horrible. Nor, do any compare to ISO-100 in terms of taste, effectiveness, and explanation of ingredients.

How long have you taken this product?
I have been taking ISO-100 for 4 months now.

What was your diet/exercise routine like before/after/during your use of the product?
Before taking ISO-100, I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. During taking it, my diet did NOT change at all, and afterwards I still eat whatever I want. (Have a ridiculously active metabolism so I'm like a garbage disposal, have never been able to gain muscle mass until starting ISO-100).

Were the results what you had expected?
To be honest, no. I had used numerous (upwards of 4 or more) different types of whey-protein products, and none of them gave me any sort of good results, mostly just a bloated feeling.

What I got from ISO-100 was completely different from other protein supplements. I have gained 20+lbs the past 3 months, not solely due to ISO-100, as I have been taking Dymatize Super MASS Gainer as well, but that's a different review.

ISO-100 tastes literally just like an amazing shake that you would get from say a coffee stand, or fast-food chain, it tastes so devilishly good that you almost think it's bad for you! :)

How many pounds of muscle/fat did you gain/lose?
I have gained 22.5lbs since starting ISO-100.

Were there any negative side-effects?
I noticed ZERO negative side-effects from ISO-100.

How could this product be improved?
I can't.

Will you use it again? Why/why not?
I will DEFINITELY use ISO-100 again. As I stated before, it is the ONLY protein supplement that has actually worked for me, and tasted good! :)

Hope this helps! Let me know if I left any information out that you would like addressed.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Best Tasting
  • 0 Carbs And Fat
  • Good Quality
  • Low Cals And Carbs
  • Taste
  • Mixes Good
  • Actually Works
  • Amazing Gains
    March 14, 2013

Reviews: 3

Age: 23

March 14, 2013
     This stuff is what I have been looking for in terms of Protein supplement and to help with my recovery from gym and wrestling traning. I have been using it for about 2 months now, I am on my second container. I have had experience with other protein supplements
    such as ON Gold standard and Allmax to which did provide good results but once I started using Dymatize Iso 100 I have never looked back.

Anything with Vanilla taste is generally a winner for me. The taste was good and goes down so easy. there were no clumps and it just required a few shakes in my shaker bottle. i even didn't need the metal ball inside.

after careful investigation of the ingredient panel,i noticed that Dymatize Iso 100 gives you 25 g protein with 28g scoop. The great thing about the product there is no
    carbs, no fat, no sugar, no lactose and no gluten. The product digest quickly and faster to absorb.

Value for money: The value for Isolate 100, $67.44 for 5Lbs, $48.99 for 3Lbs at bodybuilding.com, which is pretty good. shipping is annoying though

I really enjoyed going through the tub. It absorbs nicely and is easy to drink
    • Mixes Good
    • Taste
    • Low Cals And Carbs
    • Lactose Free
    • Mixes Well
    • 0 Carbs And Fat
    • Little Bit Sweet

Joined: 3/2013
    Reviews: 3
    Reputation: +6
    Excited to share my journey of becoming a bodybuilder turned wrestler who's still in school. Let me know if anyone has questions about my supp regime. happy to help!

February 28, 2013

Age: 32

February 28, 2013
     I'm writing this review on my second tub of iso. the first was cookies and cream. the taste was bearable and the results well not impressive, just speeded recovery a bit, but i noticed that if taken as directed you only feel like you're packing on water too fast.

Now they ran out of cookies and cream so I got gourmet chocolate, and maaaan!!!! So much sweetener and the color when mixed with water looks a lot like diarrhea and tastes like it. the minimal gains are not worth forcing yourself to drink something like that. it's just not human.

I'm throwing it away and never buying this anymore. Hope some company comes up with an isolate or hydrolysate that's unsweetened so we could add sugar (or sweetener if you're into that) as we please. I hope something from BSN or ON addresses that soon. I hate so much sucralose (and stevia or anything) in a product and would rather add some sugar. It won't kill me and actually might be good for recovery.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Low Cals And Carbs
    • Too Much Sucralose/sweetener
    jmyers
    jmyers

Joined: 8/2012
    Reviews: 0
    Reputation: +5
    Wow, I've been using this stuff postworkout for approx. 3 mths. now and love it. Since it's a hydrolyzed protein it's not going to taste as good as a blended protein. This protein is mainly to be used postworkout to create an insulin spike and shuttled the nutrients into your body. Some people use it first thing in the morning upon waking up to break their fast and maybe approx. 45 minutes later eat their first meal. The reason it doesn’t taste good, which is the first I’ve heard about this product, is because Dymatize doesn’t add a bunch of crap/fillers to it. But it’s all about what makes you happy. Keep hitting the iron jungle hard.

Reply #2:
    SoCalLivin
    SoCalLivin

Joined: 3/2011
    Reviews: 20
    Reputation: +824
    You paid for a top dollar protein and you're gonna throw it away because of the taste? Don't be such a p**sy and just drink it.

Reply #3:

Joined: 2/2013
    Reputation: -1
    Thanks. I think what bothers me about the flavor is too much sweetener, not anything related to the protein content. It's just too sweet in an artificial way that it's unbearable. Yes it does help in recovery and I've become dependent on it, but hey I wish there was no sweetener in any product like this and leave it up to the person to sweeten it with whatever they like and how much they like

Reply #4:

Joined: 2/2013
    Reputation: -1
    There's nothing p**sy about saying what's true. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there feeling like this, so I made it a point to write this review. Plus I'm sure there's nothing healthy in taking in so much sweetener regardless of hydrolyzed whey.

January 22, 2013

dg27

Age: 32

January 22, 2013
     Depending on my diet, I use this stuff religiously. It is by far my favorite protein. It has a good amino acid profile, tastes good, very clean, no water retention, and there is a nice variety of flavors. ANyway, I think you would like it and I would recommend it. My only complaint is it is expensive. Especially when you are using alot, it would be nice if it were a little cheaper.
    • Low Cals And Carbs
    • Taste
    • Mixes Good
    December 10, 2012

AdamSmith

Age: 27

December 10, 2012
     Cant really go wrong with this protein.
    Mixes easy, tastes good and has perfect stats.
    Zero carbs and fat depending on the flavor you go for. Works well with my digestive system, i think as it's lactose and cholesterol free.
    • Low Cals And Carbs
    • Taste
    • Mixes Good
      December 5, 2012

sammyboss82

Reviews: 18

Age: 30

December 5, 2012
       I have tried a few post workout protein (ISO100, ProtoWhey, ON Hydro Whey, Iso Sensation) and they have all been fantastic. Nothing bad to say, they all helped me through various stages of my training.

At the moment I am using Iso Sensation but wanted to say ISO100 was fantastic too.

1. Tastes nice, no after taste, and goes down smooth.
      2. Mixes excellent and quick
      3. 25g protein 28g scoop
      4. I have the banana flavor, its the lowest Sodium 50mg per serving in ISO range.
      5. When ingested the product feels like it absorbs pretty quick. I add vitargo post workout so together it feels great.
      6. Lactose / Gluten Free
      7. Good value

It was a great product, even thought I am using something else now ISO100 was fantastic.
      • Mixes Good
      • Taste
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Lactose Free
      • Good Quality
      • 0 Carbs And Fat
        October 24, 2012

james5108

Reviews: 6

Age: 41

October 24, 2012
         This Iso-100 is one of favorites. The protein content is great, and the other ingredients, although not my favorite choices, are kept to a low roar. ISO-100 is not inexpensive, however, if I am going to pay any money for protein, I am only paying for effective ingredients. Because this is a true protein supplement, the focus was effectiveness and not how great it tastes. It does not taste bad, it just isn't trying to be Ben and Jerry's. I mix my supplements in a high powered blender, so mix-ability is never an issue. Again, if you have doubts about my review, here is ISO-100's actual profile:

Iso-100-Gourmet Chocolate- 5 lbs
        Serving Size: 1 Scoop (28g)
        Servings Per Container: 81+

Histidine 440mg
        L-Proline 1,550mg
        L-Serine 1,225mg
        L-Tyrosine 550mg
        Other Ingredients: 100% Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate, Cocoa, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Soybean Oil, Sucralose. Contains Milk and Soy.

September 2, 2012

PowerPenguin

Age: 25

September 2, 2012
           This is my first review so here goes.

I have been using this for about three months now and have tried both chocolate and vanilla.

Flavoring: In opinion the chocolate is extremely rich and over powering and is difficult for me to drink and I really like sweet and rich chocolate protein. The vanilla on the other hand is AMAZING! I have never found a vanilla protein before that I have liked the taste of but this is fantastic, it's not to sweet and creamy to me it tastes like vanilla ice cream. 9/10

Mix: One of the best proteins to mix with water, no clumps and only takes a few shakes to mix right in 10/10 for mix-ability.

Value: I rate this protein very highly and think the benefits far out weight the cost, I always feel fantastic after the toughest workouts once taken the protein. 9/10

Overall: If you are looking for a solid, fast acting and great tasting protein go no further than vanilla iso 100. Fast digesting and also great for cooking, everything I have cooked with it also tastes amazing.

• Mixes Good
          • Taste
          • Low Cals And Carbs
          • Mixes Well
          • 0 Carbs And Fat
          • Great Product
            August 25, 2012

bhays02

Age: 19

August 25, 2012
             This stuff is everything I have been looking for in a protein supplement. I am on my second container and never looking back. It's pure isolates. I feel like I can feel it absorbing and working in my body. I feel good after taking it and don't feel too bloated like other proteins. I've gained a couple pounds of muscle while leaning out in my midsection. Awesome product.
            • Mixes Good
            • Taste
            • Low Cals And Carbs
            • Mixes Well
            • Good Quality
            • Great Product
            • Little Pricey
            Sizzle
            Sizzle

Joined: 12/2012
            Reviews: 0
            Reputation: 0
            Been researching on the product but after reading your comment, will give it and try and see the results.

Have you used ISO-100? Submit your own Review!