ISO-100 Reviews

By: Dymatize

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #7 of 101 (better than 94%) in
Protein > Whey Protein

ISO-100 is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Dymatize. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
INGREDIENTS
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Pre-digested form of whey protein that speeds digestion and absorption by the body.

COMPARE SIMILAR

Stefajoh
  June 22, 2016

----Introduction----
Before I switched up and went to Myprotein, Dymatized ISO-100 was my go to protein. The fact that it's lactose free does wonders for me and for you gluten-free people, it's that too! After working out, my mouth would salivate just shaking this protein up in my bottle because I knew how great it would taste.

----Ingredient Profile----

With one 30 gram scoop of ISO-100 you're hit with 25 grams of protein. Other than that it only has 100 calories in it and less than 1 carb... so you don't have to worry about feeling bad drinking it. Even better, there is ZERO fat and ZERO sugar in it which after tasting it, you would think was a lie because of how good it taste.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

As I tried a couple different flavors of ISO-100, Cinnamon Bun is my top favor.

Taste (10/10): I'll assume most of you have eaten Cinnamon Toast Crunch and this stuff tastes like the milk you get to drink out of the bowl afterwards. (if you haven't, you're really missing out) Regardless of mixing it with water or in some type of milk, the flavor is still there. I would definitely recommend drinking it cold but regardless, it's delicious.

Mixability (10/10): With how weightless this powder is because of how it's hydrolyzed, it's hard not to get some of it on your counter. Regardless of that, once you drop a scoop into whatever you feel like drinking with it, it dissolves within a couple shakes. There was NEVER clumps and the foam wasn't bad. It that did happen, it dissolved quickly.

Dosing (10/10): One 30 gram scoop gives you 25 grams of protein but if you're feeling like you want more definitely go for 2 scoops. Your shake will certainly taste and look like a milkshake. Even if you're craving something sweet late at night, it's a great choice.

----Effectiveness----
While using Iso-100, the 25 grams of protein helped me get the extra protein I need. I definitely remember being less sore while being on this. Along with that, I can say it's useful if you want to cut because of it's low calories and low carbs.

----Value----
The cheapest I've seen ISO-100 was for about $30 for about 1.5lbs and around $50 for 3lbs. If you have the money, definitely spend the money on it, you won't be disappointed... especially if you buy Cinnamon Bun.

----Side Effects----
There was no side affects while drinking this protein which is another reason it's so great.

----Conclusion----
Overall, this was probably one of my favorite proteins I've had. Just writing this review makes me want to buy it again since i haven't had it in a while. See you soon ISO-100, you have been missed!
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Mixes Good
  • Low Cals And Carbs
  • Lactose Free
  • 0 Carbs And Fat
  • Great Product
  • Gluten Free
  • Cinnamon Bun: 10/10
  • Fudge Brownie: 9/10
kalans

March 4, 2015

Product Mixed and Displayed: http://goo.gl/Gw5kpn

My name is Kalan, and weightlifting is a hobby of mine that I excel at while being a Endomorph I am also very successful at putting on muscle mass. I have tried many different supplements and in this case whey protein powder. I have had many brands and used many formulas since I was a teenager but have definitely broadened my selection as I became older. This review is covering the product from Dymatize in three flavors: Birthday Cake, Fudge Brownie, and Orange Dreamsicle.

Preface
I am reviewing this product that I have had, and I am writing this review because I feel my experience is valuable just as many others. When reviewing a product I research it more extensively than I have done before purchasing it, which is not what I would recommend. Guys and Gals, please do some research on products that you are going to consume! Look on SupplementReviews.com for detailed honest reviews, but still research the ingredients for yourself so you will not have as much of a issue and/or will more likely see the results that you are looking for.

When researching Dymatize ISO-100 you will come across a little scare that this product has faced, so I am going to outline it below so you will not be alarmed. Dymatize: ISO-100, Elite Whey, and Elite XT have been tested CLEAN and FREE of false labeling. The Spanish retailer MiGimnasio processed tests on ISO-100 and Elite Whey (later Elite XT was tested), and their tests showed 6.53% less protein and 19.53% increase of carbs! Long story short, the products they had tested was confirmed to be counterfeit (European Origin). To read more about the entire report and the testing done, please read this link: http://goo.gl/gBak6h

Again I repeat, Dymatize has been confirmed to be what is on the label.

Nutrition Facts (10/10)

Label: http://goo.gl/2MEy5k

Reading off the label you can see this is a VERY PURE Whey Isolate: Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolates, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Sucralose, Stevia Extract. What is the point of taking Hydrolyzed Whey? It is a more pure/higher quality form of Whey Protein that is absorbed more efficiently and quickly. Due to the quick digestion of the Hydrolyzed Whey, there is a spike of amino acids in the blood which stimulates protein synthesis causing an increase of amino acid oxidation (breakdown of amino acids for energy). This is fine, because there is less wasted protein (loss in GI tract) as it is used immediately rather than stored (whey is more anabolic than other protein sources).

Great article about Hydrolyzed Whey and its benefits: http://goo.gl/Lnq2dn

This section gets a 10/10, it is not 100% natural (not advertised as such either) but pretty dang close without having to pay extra for it! Hardly any fillers in here also, with minimal ingredients! 0g Fat, 0g Sugar, High Protein, Low Calorie!

Mixability (9/10)
Compared to the other products of whey or other formulated protein powders this powder comes out on top in my experience, as it mixes really well. Mixing this with water was fine, and with milk it was slightly better (whole milk was used). I tested this out with 1 rounded scoop and 12 ounces of water/milk, and then with 2 rounded scoops and 24 ounces of water/milk. There were no clumps formed and it was completely mixed, but required to be mixed in between extended periods of time due to settling (flavoring can been seen on the bottom, look in the images provided in this review).

Fully Mixed: http://goo.gl/4qNMde
No Residuals: http://goo.gl/w7zGmG

Taste (Individually Rated Below)
I had three different flavors: Birthday Cake (9.2/10), Fudge Brownie (8.5/10), and Orange Dreamsicle (8.2/10). Taste is very subjective and biased, as I may like a flavor better than someone else but then their favorite flavor could be my least favorite. As you can see my favorite flavor is Birthday Cake, it is simply amazing! I am not too much of a chocolate fan, but the Fudge Brownie literally tastes like Brownie Mix! It would be amazing for baking recipes, low fat/sugar/high protein brownies! Orange Dreamsicle started to taste better and better each time as it grew on me. It was very tasty, just like a Orange Dreamsicle.

Value (9.5/10)
The cost on this is a bit higher than your typical Whey Protein Blend, but what you get is higher quality and it is definitely worth it! I compared this to Optimum Nutrition Platinum HydroWhey and had to break out my calculator, because Optimum Nutrition doesn't have the same size containers/serving size. Below are the numbers:

Protein Per Pound
ON HydroWhey: 342 grams
Dymatize ISO-100: 365 grams

Cost Per Serving:
ON HydroWhey: $1.43
Dymatize ISO-100: 81 cents

As you can see the Dymatize ISO-100 is 56.7% cheaper per serving (62 cents cheaper), but ON HydroWhey contains additional BCAA's (micronized) and an Enzyme Blend. I will not get into the ingredients for ON, but it does contain more ingredients than Dymatize.

Effectiveness (9.5/10)
It is proven that consuming a protein powder Post Workout will aid in recovery, which Dymatize ISO-100 delivered. I had no issues digesting this as compared to blended protein products, at which I didn't feel any bloat.

Conclusion (7.5/10)
This is a very solid product (not literally, it is a powder), and high quality. If you are looking for an excellent tasting, high protein powder that contains no real sugar and is low carb then look no further! I would recommend this product to anyone who is wanting protein powder regardless of their goal.

Bottom Line
Protein powders are not always necessary and not for everyone, because the best nutrition you can get is from REAL food which is cheaper and more effective than ANY powder. While you may not have the time to catch a meal, or you are cutting back on calories, or even just want to hit your macronutrient needs then this is the product for you! I have enjoyed Dymatize ISO-100 and will definitely be purchasing it again in the future!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Actually Works
  • Best Tasting
  • High Protein
  • High Quality
  • Gluten Free
  • Lactose Free
    cclassic
      August 5, 2014

First review -- picked one of my favourites for this, let's go!

A bit about myself:
    5'10", 185lb. Mostly doing a 4 day bodybuilding type split but with a focus on at least one heavy compound lift every lifting day. I do yoga most off days and run once in a while. I've been lifting for several years on and off. I work for a supplement retailer in Canada so I've tried just about every type of protein under the sun so I've got a bit to compare this stuff to.

I'm not taking many other supplements that would interfere with my perception of this protein; just a fish oil, greens formula, multivitamin, and vitamin D, which I have been taking for a long time.

Taste/Mixability (10/10):
    I have the birthday cake flavour and hoooolllyyy I love this stuff. It is like a very sweet vanilla flavour but it's actually very reminiscent of actual cake. I pretty much have to hold myself back from having 4 shakes per day. This protein mixes extremely well in water, and the couple times I have tried it in milk it has been fine. Very rarely get clumps, and there is very little foam. Can't really ask for much better. NOTE: If you don't like really sweet protein this one may not be for you.

Effectiveness (10/10):
    As we all know, it's pretty hard to rate the effectiveness of a protein, but assuming it is a 100% hydrolyzed whey (as the label advertises) it should be pretty damn effective! I guess I feel like I'm recovering pretty well while I'm taking this stuff, but I can't say it's heaps better than any other high quality whey isolate. It does digest extremely well, though, as a hydrolyzed protein should so it seems like it's legitimate.

Value (7/10):
    This stuff is pretty expensive. As a poor student I probably wouldn't buy it if I didn't work at a supplement store (unless it was on sale). It does taste and mix amazingly well, and it is a great protein, but I think if you're on a budget you'd be better off with a cheaper mixed-whey. Once I'm done school and making some real money this will still be my go-to post workout/morning protein!

Overall (8/10):
    I'd recommend just about everyone at least try this protein! I've also tried the vanilla, banana, brownie, and cookies and cream flavours of this protein (a couple sample packs of each) but the BDay cake flavour definitely stands out as the best so far. If you're on a tight budget it may not be for you, but anyone else should at least consider it for a post (or even intra)-workout fast absorbing protein.
     Cons:
    • Taste
    • Low Cals And Carbs
    • Lactose Free
    • Mixes Well
    • Good Quality
    • 0 Carbs And Fat
    • Great Product
    sk8erdoug
      May 4, 2013

How did you discover SR?
    I discovered Supplement Reviews back in the day, from a friend that told me about the website and that a lot of the supplements I was already taken were being reviewed on the site. So, I decided I would join up and start making my own reviews because of the awesome results I was getting! :)

What prompted you to write this review?
    I wanted to write this review because I have been an avid athlete since I was a young child, and only recently have I FINALLY found a protein supplement that actually worked for me and has helped me put on mass.

What other similar products have you used and how do they compare?
    I have used Whey Protein from Wal-Mart, Costco, and other retail stores, all of which did me no good and tasted horrible. Nor, do any compare to ISO-100 in terms of taste, effectiveness, and explanation of ingredients.

How long have you taken this product?
    I have been taking ISO-100 for 4 months now.

What was your diet/exercise routine like before/after/during your use of the product?
    Before taking ISO-100, I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. During taking it, my diet did NOT change at all, and afterwards I still eat whatever I want. (Have a ridiculously active metabolism so I'm like a garbage disposal, have never been able to gain muscle mass until starting ISO-100).

Were the results what you had expected?
    To be honest, no. I had used numerous (upwards of 4 or more) different types of whey-protein products, and none of them gave me any sort of good results, mostly just a bloated feeling.

What I got from ISO-100 was completely different from other protein supplements. I have gained 20+lbs the past 3 months, not solely due to ISO-100, as I have been taking Dymatize Super MASS Gainer as well, but that's a different review.

ISO-100 tastes literally just like an amazing shake that you would get from say a coffee stand, or fast-food chain, it tastes so devilishly good that you almost think it's bad for you! :)

How many pounds of muscle/fat did you gain/lose?
    I have gained 22.5lbs since starting ISO-100.

Were there any negative side-effects?
    I noticed ZERO negative side-effects from ISO-100.

How could this product be improved?
    I can't.

Will you use it again? Why/why not?
    I will DEFINITELY use ISO-100 again. As I stated before, it is the ONLY protein supplement that has actually worked for me, and tasted good! :)

Hope this helps! Let me know if I left any information out that you would like addressed.
    • Amazing Gains
    • Best Tasting
    • Actually Works
      Jazzfan
        March 14, 2013

This stuff is what I have been looking for in terms of Protein supplement and to help with my recovery from gym and wrestling traning. I have been using it for about 2 months now, I am on my second container. I have had experience with other protein supplements
      such as ON Gold standard and Allmax to which did provide good results but once I started using Dymatize Iso 100 I have never looked back.

Anything with Vanilla taste is generally a winner for me. The taste was good and goes down so easy. there were no clumps and it just required a few shakes in my shaker bottle. i even didn't need the metal ball inside.

after careful investigation of the ingredient panel,i noticed that Dymatize Iso 100 gives you 25 g protein with 28g scoop. The great thing about the product there is no
      carbs, no fat, no sugar, no lactose and no gluten. The product digest quickly and faster to absorb.

Value for money: The value for Isolate 100, $67.44 for 5Lbs, $48.99 for 3Lbs at bodybuilding.com, which is pretty good. shipping is annoying though

I really enjoyed going through the tub. It absorbs nicely and is easy to drink
       Cons:
      • Taste
      • Mixes Good
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Lactose Free
      • Mixes Well
      • 0 Carbs And Fat
      • Little Bit Sweet
      Jpotter21
        December 8, 2012

So, I know its not the next big product or some crazy new PH or SARM. But after finishing my tub of Iso-100 I was very compelled to write a review. I haven't really spotted any good reviews on it, so I figured I'd take a stab. On to the review.

Now most of you know, I'm a firm believer in Humapro because plain and simple it works. I recover great from it and I never get that bloated nasty feeling like I do from whey. Well friends, I may have found my favorite protein powder to date. Solid recovery, no bloat, great mixability, solid ingredient profile, and fantastic taste.

Ingredients- 8/10- No fat, no cholesterol, no carbs, and 24 grams of Hydrolyzed WPI. The last part is the selling point for me. Hydrolyzed WPI is considered to be the fastest digesting and absorbing protein on the market. ON has made the famous Hydrowhey, and charge nearly double the price with no where near the amount of servings you get out of from ISO-100. Hydrolyzed protein IMO makes a great post workout option, or in the morning when you first get up. Its no bloat and ease of digestion I think makes it an ideal protein in many situations. So the ingredients in that regard already get a solid score. I would also like to add the actual ingredient list is small. Which I really like. You don't have tons of filler and fluff. You just get protein and more of it. I think Dymatize claims 86% protein per scoop which is pretty high. So ingredient profile is a solid 8.

Mixability/Taste-8- Both of these get a solid 8. No clumpyness, and the protein practically mixes like water. The consistency is perfect. You would assume that it would not taste so good, nay nay my friends. I bought the Chocolate and it was fantastic. It was a solid chocolate flavor that I looked forward to drinking post workout every single day. So mixability and taste get a solid 8 as well.

Effectiveness-9- Now I know, its rather hard to judge the effectiveness of a protein but this is one of the only protein powders I have used where it has helped with my recovery. After taking this post workout my muscle soreness next day was greatly diminished. I for whatever reason, am notorious for having really bad DOMS. But with this post workout I felt great and had little to no DOMS whatsoever. For those reasons alone I rate it a 9. Protein is never a magic supplement, but this definitely helped in recovery. Solid solid choice post workout.

Value-8- It is however rather expensive. You do get 81 servings for a 5lb tub. Its better than most isolates, but definitely not the easiest on the wallet. You can find most 5lb tubs for around 60-70$. But with 81 servings at two servings post workout for most your looking at roughly two months worth of protein. So its certainly not bad, but it is a little bit pricier.

Overall-8- Really good STUFF here. I thoroughly enjoyed running through my tub and will certainly be a repeat customer. The recovery, mixability and taste sold me. Its something I could look forward too every day and not be tired of it. And it delivers the results wanted. Great product. Give it a shot.
      • Limited Flavors
      PowerPenguin
        September 2, 2012

This is my first review so here goes.

I have been using this for about three months now and have tried both chocolate and vanilla.

Flavoring: In opinion the chocolate is extremely rich and over powering and is difficult for me to drink and I really like sweet and rich chocolate protein. The vanilla on the other hand is AMAZING! I have never found a vanilla protein before that I have liked the taste of but this is fantastic, it's not to sweet and creamy to me it tastes like vanilla ice cream. 9/10

Mix: One of the best proteins to mix with water, no clumps and only takes a few shakes to mix right in 10/10 for mix-ability.

Value: I rate this protein very highly and think the benefits far out weight the cost, I always feel fantastic after the toughest workouts once taken the protein. 9/10

Overall: If you are looking for a solid, fast acting and great tasting protein go no further than vanilla iso 100. Fast digesting and also great for cooking, everything I have cooked with it also tastes amazing.

Cons:
      • Taste
      • Mixes Good
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Mixes Well
      • 0 Carbs And Fat
      • Great Product
        Dog4life
          August 9, 2012

Wow , i have to review this amazing protein powder, absolutely excellent product.
        It is a 100& hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, a very high quality, ultra fast absorbing and "clean" protein source

Taste 9/10
        Pinacolda, great tasting , not to sweet. nothing to complain

Mixability 1000/10
        Wow, it mixes absolutely PERFECT. it's really like water, you dont even notice that you have just mixed some protein powder.

Profile 10/10
        28 gr of powder equals 24 gr of protein. 0 Carbs, 0 fats, lactose and gluten free.

Value ?/10:
        3 lbs at 49 USd. it is expensive, but hydrolyzed protein is much more expensive to produce and generally very expensive.
        If you have the money to spend, it's well invested in this high quality product.

Overall 10/10 :
        Very easy to digest, super fast acting, easy to mix and great tasting, love it for breakfast and after my workout.
        I couldn't expect more from a protein powder.
         Cons:
        • Taste
        • Lactose Free
        • Great Product
        • Mixes Perfect
        • No Carbs And Fat
        • Little Pricey
        Trock1692
          June 14, 2012

This will be my first review on this particular site. I would like everyone to know that I'am very experienced in all aspects of supplements, as well as nutrition. I've been lifting/bodybuilding/exercising for 9 years. I started at a young age, because i knew this was my passion. I like to provide honest, non-biased reviews. I have been a sponsored reviewer for several top companies, and continue to do so. Ill do my best to help fellow members make better decisions when it comes to supplementation.

Dymatize Iso-100 Was my first ever, pure Isolate protein that I tried. I was unsure the difference this "Pure Isolate" protein would make compared to a regular Whey Protein powder, and was skeptical as anyone would be at first.

I bought a 5lb tub of Chocolate, and after opening the tub, I could immediately tell the difference in quality. The powder was so fine, and smooth compared to other Whey powders I have used. The smell of the protein hit my nose within seconds, I knew this was going to taste fantastic.

I began using this powder for breakfast, usually around 1-2 scoops. 1 scoop is 24 grams of protein, which is plenty. This particular powder digest extremely well, because I would be really hungry within an hour or so after consuming it. This powder also mixes extremely well (I use a blender)There was no issue consuming the powder within a few minutes, easily the smoothest and "lightest" protein I've ever tried.

I moved on to using this powder along with my pre-workout supplement. I would slam a shake, wait a few minutes, than slam a pre-workout. In the past if I were to do this, I would usually have to use the restroom almost immediately after due to the mixture I'm guessing. Noticing no side effects, or stomach discomfort I was really impressed.

I than began using this powder after my workout as well, Absolutely no issues at all like the previous times I consumed the shake.

The taste, recovery, and muscle gain from this product was top notch, as you would expect from a great protein powder.The gains will of course come slowly over time, but the recovery time is sped up slightly due to the more "pure" protein, and the quicker absorption rate. It combats muscle breakdown, and produces anabolism quickly. I could tell by looking at the veins in my arms carrying the nutrients (protein) throughout my body.

Overall I found that this product can be used at any time of the day, for any reason. I never had any stomach issues (lactose intolerant) like I would with standard Whey powder or digestive issues. This is a very well made, pure, clean, quality protein product. I would recommend it to literally everyone. Not to mention, most places sell it for around $50.00 online for 5 lbs, which is a great value. There was zero lactose, and sugar at the time I used this product and maybe 1 carb, if I remember correctly. I would also recommend this product for cutting and dieting.

bhurd
            April 22, 2012

This supplement is one of my top favorite proteins and I have tried multiple brands and types.

This one I found my body responds very well too. For starters, I love the fact its bioavailability is very high, almost all of the scoop is pure protein. It totals up to 85% protein per scoop, 24g protein. There is only 1.5g of carbs per scoop, which is good for the dieting lifter. 0g of Fat, Cholesterol, and Sugar. Another key thing to look at is the first ingredient is 100% hydrolized whey isolate protein, which is what you want to look for, for fast delivery to your muscles immediately after your workouts.

To sum up Id put it like this

Taste: 10/10 I buy the cookies and cream and gourmet vanilla I switch every other tub.

Mixability 10/10: I use water always, and follow the directions, 4oz/scoop. I've never had a problem with clumping and all I use is a spoon and a glass, Tastes too rich to me with even 1% milk. But you can expierence for yourself. The cookie crumbles normally sink to the bottom, and actually taste like cookie crumbs not some nasty powdery substance.

Effectiveness 8/10: I give it an 8 because there is really no bcaa's or added creatine to the supplement. Just good ol' hydrolized whey.

Side Effects: 10/10 Obviously its just whey protein, not really heard of side effects with a protein powder. I could only suggest don't rely soley on protein powders for your main source it is exactly what they are called supplements. Get as much lean meat source protein as possible and drink up, water that is.

Price 9/10: With protein it is true for the most part, you get what you pay for. This isn't too expensive. You can normally find good deals on it just look around, I typically use bb.com.

Overall 9/10: I would suggest this protein to anyone asking where to find a great one. A little pricey but like I said you get what you pay for. Great tasting, effective high bioavailability protein. Defintely worth trying at least once.

No im not affiliated with this company, nor have I recieved anything whatsoever to review this product or any other brands. Just a bodybuilding enthuisiast.
          • Little Pricey

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.