Elite Whey

By Dymatize
Elite Whey Dymatize
8.8/10
(Weighted average based on 72 Reviews)

Ranks #4 of 108 (better than 97%)
in Protein > Whey Protein

Comparison Question:

How Elite Whey compare to O.N. Gold Standard?

Hey folks. How would you guys compare this to the O.N Gold Standard?

dansley

Posted February 14, 2012
It's very similar in a lot of regards. However, it's a little cheaper.

Most people on this site like the stuff (me included) but I have seen a reoccurring theme that after a while some have digestive issues with it (I'm included in this as well). Overall, though, it is a solid protein with a good profile for an amazing price.

swazz

Posted February 14, 2012
I've heard good things about Dymatize products and know lots of places are selling more and more of it. I haven't tried it myself, but will be in a few months when I re-stock.

Give it a shot and let us know

Demolish

Posted February 14, 2012
In my opinion, they're interchangeable. i tend to like the taste of gold standard slightly better (although the rich chocolate flavor of elite whey is pretty good), they both have basically the same profile. Whichever one i can find cheaper at the time is the one i usually buy.

Posted February 14, 2012
I will probably be the only one to say this but I think this protein is superior to Gold Standard in many ways.

1.It's a blended protein consisting of both whey and casein. Whey is absorbed quickly into your system for excellent recovery after workouts. Casein takes about four hours to break down in your system which is good for getting a more sustained nutrient stream throughout the day, or night. All this makes Elite Gourmet a better protein for building muscle.

2.It contains no fillers, maltodextrin, or aspartame. These additives are basically poisons. It's unfortunate that this is not the case with most proteins.

3.Dymatize is the only company I'm aware of that makes their products in an FDA approved facility. These means they are held to higher standards and stricter protocols.

4. It tastes great while still have low calories, low fat, and low carbs.

5.It's priced very reasonable for the quality of protein you are getting.

Hope this helps Kaithechamp.

jmlstocks

Posted February 14, 2012
They are very similar to each other. Both have good reviews and similar amino acid profiles. The ON mixes a little better and has more flavor selection. The Dymatize on the other hand is a little cheaper (about $5 difference on a 5lb container). Both have worked well, but I have to say I've gotten better post workout recoveries from Gaspari's Myofusion, you might give that a look as well.

ruabeyo
(-110)

Posted February 14, 2012
If money is an issue but your really want a quality protein ...you cannot go wrong with Dymatize.

I use it and never even felt inferior to those who use ON. Both are of good quality ..but I do believe ON is greater product.

For the money Dymatize is legit........