Home > Categories > Protein > Protein Blends > Dymatize > Elite Primal

Dymatize Elite Primal

Elite Primal Dymatize
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (7 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 84% (Reliable)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

BSN Syntha-6 Reviews
Syntha-6 (167 Reviews)
Ultimate Prostar Whey Reviews
Prostar Whey (7 Reviews)
9.1
MuscleMeds Carnivor Reviews
Carnivor (55 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Pro Complex Reviews
Pro Complex (106 Reviews)
9.3
MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Reviews
Nitro-Tech Hardcore (66 Reviews)
5.9
Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Reviews
Elite Gourmet Protein (31 Reviews)
Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Pro-Antium Reviews
Pro-Antium (25 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Dymatize Elite Primal
New supplement fresh out of the oven from Dymatize! It is called Elite Primal a...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Elite Primal Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Elite Primal Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Help Recovery (6)
  • Good Profile (6)
  • Real Lean (5)
  • 3g Of Creatine In It (5)
  • Takes Time To Get Used To Taste (4)
  • Alittle Expensive (3)
  • Smell (2)
  • Tastes Horrible (2)
February 28, 2012

Age: 29

February 28, 2012
 This stuff is horrendous. I don't know how many of you have ever been in a place where there is a lot of death, like cattle slaughterhouses, etc. I have, and the taste of the stuff is vaguely reminiscent of the background stench in those places. I am not kidding. And the "Blue Raspberry" flavoring did not help any of this.

Taste: 0

Beef protein- its a complete protein source, and I like that. It also has 3g of creatine in it. But then they go on to advertise this as "375% More Concentrated than an average piece of beef". It had better be for God's sake. Its a protein powder! It better be more condensed than a whole food source! Come on people....Results were what you would expect out of a protein powder...not really specifically notable on their own.

Effectiveness- 4

Side Effects. This is the best part. It has a warning that goes something to the effect of "may get foamy due to specific nature of the protein". Yeah that foaminess, or the "specific nature of the protein" may have some other effects. Really nasty nausea. Every day that I used this stuff, within an hour after consumption, I was on the verge of throwing up, and a couple of times I did. I know what some of you are thinking, "V it is probably all that other..." no stop right there. It isn't. I have been fine up until this point. The worst part about this is that I had to put up with it and finish off the whole tub in order to do this review. My wife told me I was a moron when I explained why I kept taking the stuff. Look at what I sacifice for you SR.

Overall- bad.
Pros:
Cons:
  • 3g Of Creatine In It
  • Tastes Horrible
  • Gave Me Nausea
  • Seems Like A Marketing Gimmick

Joined: 10/2010
Reviews: 28
Reputation: +2203
Good review V, have you tried Carnivor? i thought that protein was pretty good

Reputation: +1570
Nah not yet....kinda scared now to be honest. I mean, this stuff really really is as bad as I made it out to be bro.

Reply #3:
CamSTL
CamSTL

Joined: 12/2009
Reviews: 43
Reputation: +1749
I actually went to GNC looking for Carnivor but they don't sell it anymore. Mayb i should stay away from the beef proteins after reading this

Reply #4:
FlashSunday
FlashSunday

Joined: 1/2011
Reviews: 77
Reputation: +3345
Even beef aminos smell like rotting meat. I'll stick with my whey.

Reply #5:

Joined: 10/2010
Reviews: 28
Reputation: +2203
^^ Cam my GNC still has carnivor and they actually just released a mass gainer

Reply #6:
kris65
kris65

Joined: 4/2011
Reviews: 35
Reputation: +2376
Nice review V, way to take one for the team ahahaha. Was always deterred by the God awful smell of these beef protein products.

Reply #7:

Joined: 8/2009
Reputation: +395
If you are look for a very good beef protein take a look at Olympian Labs beef protein.

Reply #8:

Reputation: +3478
V, it was probably from all that semen-extracted protein you consume on a daily basis. Heard it doesn't mix well with this product.

^That's what you were talking about right?

Reply #9:

Reputation: +1570
^^ Mani- bro that's a "natural" complete protein, I know how much you like natural things. I heard you can get it for free from farm animals in WVA. Just sayin, let me know when you try it, I know you will ya cheapskate.

Good stuff bro, keep me on my toes.

Reply #10:

lmao. Good review man.

Btw, our state initials are WV... we are a state of our own. Not the western part of Virginia. FOOL.

Reply #11:
Abandoned
Abandoned

Joined: 1/2011
Reviews: 38
Reputation: +187
Wow,I would have bought this without a second thought just cause its from dymatize,I like their other protein blends.

Reply #12:
Frankiemusc
Frankiemusc

Joined: 8/2010
Reviews: 37
Reputation: +1228
Way to take one for the team

Reply #13:

Reputation: +1570
@mani- yeah now you know how it feels to be from Washington, and when you tell people that they say "DC?" like they didn't even know there was a real state named WA.

@frankie- thanks bro

@abandoned- yeah so do I, I liked Elite7...this sucked.

Reply #14:

Joined: 5/2010
Reviews: 44
Reputation: +501
any protein like this i stray away from.. i went through half a tub of that carnivor crap and for now i just stick with whey.. its they "whey " to go! :D

Reply #15:

lol don't worry bro, I was aware! :D

and holy... Taysab? Is that you??

Reply #16:

kubitzky10

Joined: 4/2010
Reviews: 29
Reputation: +567
lol, I thought the same thing when I saw Tay. Haven't talked to my broskii in quite a while...

@Virtus: Loss of respect for Dymatize? Or just a bad experience with PrimaL?

Reply #18:

Reputation: +1570
Nah this product is just a flop. Dymatize still makes good stuff me thinks.

Reply #19:
gms585
gms585

Joined: 6/2011
Reviews: 9
Reputation: +106
Manimal ur from WVA! ! Ever watch the wild n wonderful whites on Netflix that's always what I think of when I here WVA

Reply #20:
707daniel1
707daniel1

Joined: 6/2012
Reviews: 1
Reputation: +3
hey virtus you seem to have alot of knowlage with this stuff and i would like your opinion please i would realy appreciate it!

Ok everybody I'm sorry for being on of those people who ask alot of questions and can be annoying but i do not want to hurt myself. I have been lifting for about 4 years now and have hit a platea for about 5 months maybe longer and have been doing alot of research on this product, as it will be my first ph. So far from what i have read here is what i have
-Cel cycle assist
-Hawthorne berry extract (preload)
-milk thistle (preload)
-liver gaurdian
-halotest 25 (2 bottles)
-NOestrogen
-Powerlabs PCT
-Nolva SERM
-clomid SERM
-anabolic labs PROtest booster

now i also have my other supps that i take regularly
-Kre alkalyn
-ON Casien
-ON BCAAS
-ON NOenergy
-ON micronized creatine monohydrate

is this good for my first cycle? does it seem safe? what should i stop taking during my cycle? everything helps thank you very much

Reply #21:
Superdude246
Superdude246

Joined: 8/2013
Reviews: 2
Reputation: +26
I know this mightve left a bad tastr in your mouth for beef protein but ive tried both carnivors(including carnivor mass) and carnivor mass was great the chocolate literally tasted like cold cocoa and zero fat helped me gained 4 pounds on one tub and actually slimmed my love handles trust me worth a shot

October 23, 2012

masterofmind

Reviews: 2

Age: 25

October 23, 2012
 First Off, i am on a cutting cycle (USP Six Pack Stack) and wanted a lean protein with a good amt of Bcaa's, creatine and within my budget. I've tried VPX'x Zero Carb SRO and Musclemeds Carnivor but i must say, the Elite Primal tastes better than the Carnivor although ingredients wise, isn't up to par with Carnivor! I initially wanted to go with the Iso 100 but due to budget, i went with the 28 serving Elite Primal. Here Goes my assessment.

Taste- 7/10
Isn't the best tasting thing (yet to find 1 that beats MHP's Dark Matter Blue Raz) but it isn't that horrible as Carnivor!

Effectiveness- 8/10
Gets the job done, supports recovery and isn't that "pocket hurting".

Overall - 8/10.
Great product but still skeptical about the whole beef whey concept as opposed to traditional whey isolates.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Good
  • Help Recovery
  • Real Lean
  • Good Profile
  • 3g Of Creatine In It
  • Really Really Foamy
littlebear34

Diesel656

Joined: 10/2012
Reviews: 4
Reputation: +121
Seriously. I need that avatar.

October 2, 2012

Reviews: 11

Age: 23

October 2, 2012
 The taste is not the best...rough...can't shotgun this. i killed this tub by mixing with other flavored drinks with it to get it down. good effect though. if you are creative with mixing your drinks, this might do you well. i found mine on sale. good profile, but i would only use a half serving at a time. Be Brave!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Help Recovery
  • Real Lean
  • Good Profile
  • 3g Of Creatine In It
  • Takes Time To Get Used To Taste
  • Keeps The Pesky Vegitarians Away
WarMachine
WarMachine

Joined: 1/2012
Reviews: 75
Reputation: +2386
Not to be a dick bro, but your review is extremely lacking. Seems like your only judging the taste of the product. We here on SR care mostly about effectiveness, that is what the review system is for, to judge effectiveness. If I want to know about taste, I'll watch Hell's Kitchen.

Joined: 9/2012
Reviews: 11
Reputation: 0
Well...it's a protein powder. Felt like it helped with recovery and keeping my muscles feeling full. It's packed with BCAAs and added Creatine so that's to be expected when you read the lable. Usually, if a protein powder doesn't give you diarrhea or an upset stomach it's good stuff, especially if its a hydrolysate. True, there's good quality brand and lower quality brands, but Dymatize is known to be at the top of the pile up there with Optimum. I apologize to you and everyone that had to read that review, but it's a protein powder, they all kinda' do the same thing if you can get them down. I'm sure you know stuff I don't about this subject that I don't. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I'll work on doing better in the future.

July 12, 2012

murgun

Age: 22

July 12, 2012
 This was pretty good after the first few uses. Has a very odd smell, and sour taste. Kinda refreshing when you get used to it. Drank it intra-workout. Recovered very nicely with it. Didnt have as much of an issue with DOMS the day after. A winner in my book Though the new chocolate carnivore will probably be my first pick.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Help Recovery
  • Good Profile
  • Keeps The Pesky Vegitarians Away
  • Alittle Expensive
  • Takes Time To Get Used To Taste
April 22, 2012

canuckinfuts

Reviews: 6

Age: 33

April 22, 2012
 The reason I got this was that I wanted to try out Poliquin's Meat and nuts breakfast, but didn't have time to be making steak in the morning. I used this while on a cut and it served my purposes well. It tasted pretty good too, especially considering it is from beef protein -- I used the Blue raspberry, I can't comment on the fruit punch. This was ideal for the cut because it was low carb, low calorie, and has added BCAAs & creatine.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Help Recovery
  • Real Lean
  • Good Profile
  • 3g Of Creatine In It
  • Takes Time To Get Used To Taste
April 21, 2012

turbobmw

Age: 26

April 21, 2012
 I purchased Elite Primal out of curiosity after finding it on sale locally. The profile on this protein is great. The price is higher than other protein sources, but it's not too outrageous.

When you open the container, it seems harmless. There's nothing more than a mild fruit odor and some dull-colored powder.

But, it all goes downhill once it's mixed. If you get any powder on your hands (which is likely), it will feel like glue. In water, the powder settles towards the bottom of the cup, yet there's also a 2" layer of foam on top. If you wait 15 minutes, it settles down to a 1" layer of foam. The smell is horrendous. The others summed it up well. It nearly activates my gag reflex before I even take a sip. If I smell it while drinking it, I struggle to keep it down. The flavor isn't too bad, but it's just difficult to appreciate the adequate taste while being bombarded with foul odors and foam.

As another reviewer said, never leave this in your shaker cup. I've left whey and casein in shaker cups many times and thought it was pretty disgusting. This smells worse than both even after washing it a few times.

If you're curious, give it a shot. I doubt I'll make it through my 2 lb. tub.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Help Recovery
  • Real Lean
  • Good Profile
  • 3g Of Creatine In It
  • Smell
  • Alittle Expensive
  • Tastes Horrible
December 30, 2010

Age: 24

December 30, 2010
 So I've wanted to try Carnivor for a year or so now but no one around my area sells it so ive been SOL. Luckly one of the stores in my area brought this in so I picked up two tubs(2 lbs) one of fruit punch and one of blue rasberry.

Taste- well when you first open the container the power has a very unique smell wouldn't say it was bad or good, once mixed it had a smell like a slaughter house. Not sure if youve ever been to one but has a very strong odor to it, the taste was ok at first it was hard to get down but after a week its grown on me and i dont mind it at all. The flavors need some work the blue rasberry didnt taste like any blue rasberry ive ever had, and the fruit punch tasted more strawberry than anything.

Mixability- Well this was a huge turn off for me at first. For the first week or so I would sure a shaker to mix it and it would foam up to the point I would have to let it sit for 5-10 minutes so I could drink it even though there was still alot of foam. Felt like I was wasting it since there would always be about half and inch left after my shaker sat for and hour and the foam was complelty gone. However if you use the magic bullet to mix this there is no foam which I was very happy to discover so now I just mix it at home if im going to be drinking it on the road or postworkout.

Value- Up in canada I got it for the same price you can get it online in canada ($45 for a 2 lbs) its a bit pricey but for myself I love the profile, 0 fat, 0 cholesterol, less than 1g of carbs. 3 gs of creatine from beef. and added adjipure BCAA's. So its not horrible for 28 servings.

Effectiveness- Ive found its helped with my recovery, ive been on a cut and love how this is real low cal yet still contain lots of recovery agents that have helped with my low carb intake. Can't attribute all of my recovery to this since ive been taking around 30g's of BCAA's a day which helps.

Sides- Havent noticed anything it was real easy on the stomach (if you can get over the smell which might turn a few peoples stomaches). No real gas, that I have experienced occasionally with Whey Proteins.

Overall- Its a slower digesting protein so it may not be your best choice for post workout, however throughout the day it has been great for me to quench my hunger in between meals. I would recomend this to anyone who wants a real lean protein and is looking for something new.

Cautions- try to wash out your shaker right away, if you think day or two old whey smells bad in a shaker. let this sit for a day and smell it, smells like rotting meat, happened to me once and I had to leave my kitchen after opening it and ended up just throwing out the shaker.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Help Recovery
  • Real Lean
  • Good Profile
  • Smell
  • Alittle Expensive
  • Takes Time To Get Used To Taste

Reputation: +3478
Nice review man but didn't this just come out? Did it come out earlier in Canada? I'm asking if you finished the entire container.

Joined: 2/2009
Reputation: +70
It came out like a month and a half ago. I've gone through 2-2 lbs tubs of each so far.

Reply #3:
kevO
kevO

Joined: 8/2010
Reviews: 71
Reputation: +3979
Nice, been wondring about this one. Tried Carnivor by Muscle Meds and liked it, just really pricey. The slaughterhouse scent is a little discouraging, but I can get around that, it is BEEF after all...

Reply #4:

Joined: 2/2009
Reputation: +70
ya its $3 cheaper than carnivor on bodybuilding.com. so if you live in the states its worth ordering but the shipping cost arent worth it up here in canada.

Reply #5:

Joined: 8/2009
Reputation: +395
Nice rewiew bro this looks tempting.

Have you used Elite Primal? Submit your own Review!