Elite Primal

By: Dymatize

Elite Primal is a Beef Protein Powder manufactured by Dymatize. It is a common, animal based alternative to traditional dairy based protein and is good for those who cannot tolerate dairy based products. The additional dietary protein can increase lean muscle tissue and increase fat loss.

Does Elite Primal work?
Virtus

February 28, 2012

This stuff is horrendous. I don't know how many of you have ever been in a place where there is a lot of death, like cattle slaughterhouses, etc. I have, and the taste of the stuff is vaguely reminiscent of the background stench in those places. I am not kidding. And the "Blue Raspberry" flavoring did not help any of this.

Taste: 0

Beef protein- its a complete protein source, and I like that. It also has 3g of creatine in it. But then they go on to advertise this as "375% More Concentrated than an average piece of beef". It had better be for God's sake. Its a protein powder! It better be more condensed than a whole food source! Come on people....Results were what you would expect out of a protein powder...not really specifically notable on their own.

Effectiveness- 4

Side Effects. This is the best part. It has a warning that goes something to the effect of "may get foamy due to specific nature of the protein". Yeah that foaminess, or the "specific nature of the protein" may have some other effects. Really nasty nausea. Every day that I used this stuff, within an hour after consumption, I was on the verge of throwing up, and a couple of times I did. I know what some of you are thinking, "V it is probably all that other..." no stop right there. It isn't. I have been fine up until this point. The worst part about this is that I had to put up with it and finish off the whole tub in order to do this review. My wife told me I was a moron when I explained why I kept taking the stuff. Look at what I sacifice for you SR.

Overall- bad.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • 3g Of Creatine In It
  • Tastes Horrible
  • Gave Me Nausea
  • Seems Like A Marketing Gimmick

• Mooselini
    February 28, 2012

Good review V, have you tried Carnivor? i thought that protein was pretty good
    February 28, 2012

Nah not yet....kinda scared now to be honest. I mean, this stuff really really is as bad as I made it out to be bro.
  • CamSTL
    February 28, 2012

I actually went to GNC looking for Carnivor but they don't sell it anymore. Mayb i should stay away from the beef proteins after reading this
  • FlashSunday
    February 28, 2012

Even beef aminos smell like rotting meat. I'll stick with my whey.
  • Mooselini
    February 28, 2012

^^ Cam my GNC still has carnivor and they actually just released a mass gainer
  • kris65
    February 29, 2012

Nice review V, way to take one for the team ahahaha. Was always deterred by the God awful smell of these beef protein products.
  • steelforce
    February 29, 2012

If you are look for a very good beef protein take a look at Olympian Labs beef protein.
    February 29, 2012

V, it was probably from all that semen-extracted protein you consume on a daily basis. Heard it doesn't mix well with this product.

^That's what you were talking about right?
    February 29, 2012

^^ Mani- bro that's a "natural" complete protein, I know how much you like natural things. I heard you can get it for free from farm animals in WVA. Just sayin, let me know when you try it, I know you will ya cheapskate.

Good stuff bro, keep me on my toes.

Lmao. Good review man.

Btw, our state initials are WV... we are a state of our own. Not the western part of Virginia. FOOL.
  • Abandoned
    February 29, 2012

Wow,I would have bought this without a second thought just cause its from dymatize,I like their other protein blends.
  • Frankiemusc
    March 1, 2012

Way to take one for the team
    March 1, 2012

@mani- yeah now you know how it feels to be from Washington, and when you tell people that they say "DC?" like they didn't even know there was a real state named WA.

@frankie- thanks bro

@abandoned- yeah so do I, I liked Elite7...this sucked.
  • taysab23
    March 1, 2012

Any protein like this i stray away from.. i went through half a tub of that carnivor crap and for now i just stick with whey.. its they "whey " to go! :D

Lol don't worry bro, I was aware! :D

and holy... Taysab? Is that you??
  • taysab23

One and only baby!
  • kubitzky10
    March 1, 2012

Lol, I thought the same thing when I saw Tay. Haven't talked to my broskii in quite a while...

@Virtus: Loss of respect for Dymatize? Or just a bad experience with PrimaL?
    March 2, 2012

Nah this product is just a flop. Dymatize still makes good stuff me thinks.
  • gms585
    March 2, 2012

Manimal ur from WVA! ! Ever watch the wild n wonderful whites on Netflix that's always what I think of when I here WVA
  • 707daniel1
    March 2, 2012

Hey virtus you seem to have alot of knowlage with this stuff and i would like your opinion please i would realy appreciate it!

Ok everybody I'm sorry for being on of those people who ask alot of questions and can be annoying but i do not want to hurt myself. I have been lifting for about 4 years now and have hit a platea for about 5 months maybe longer and have been doing alot of research on this product, as it will be my first ph. So far from what i have read here is what i have
    -Cel cycle assist
    -Hawthorne berry extract (preload)
    -milk thistle (preload)
    -liver gaurdian
    -halotest 25 (2 bottles)
    -NOestrogen
    -Powerlabs PCT
    -Nolva SERM
    -clomid SERM
    -anabolic labs PROtest booster

now i also have my other supps that i take regularly
    -Kre alkalyn
    -ON Casien
    -ON BCAAS
    -ON NOenergy
    -ON micronized creatine monohydrate

is this good for my first cycle? does it seem safe? what should i stop taking during my cycle? everything helps thank you very much
  • Superdude246
    February 1, 2014

I know this mightve left a bad tastr in your mouth for beef protein but ive tried both carnivors(including carnivor mass) and carnivor mass was great the chocolate literally tasted like cold cocoa and zero fat helped me gained 4 pounds on one tub and actually slimmed my love handles trust me worth a shot

So I've wanted to try Carnivor for a year or so now but no one around my area sells it so ive been SOL. Luckly one of the stores in my area brought this in so I picked up two tubs(2 lbs) one of fruit punch and one of blue rasberry.

Taste- well when you first open the container the power has a very unique smell wouldn't say it was bad or good, once mixed it had a smell like a slaughter house. Not sure if youve ever been to one but has a very strong odor to it, the taste was ok at first it was hard to get down but after a week its grown on me and i dont mind it at all. The flavors need some work the blue rasberry didnt taste like any blue rasberry ive ever had, and the fruit punch tasted more strawberry than anything.

Mixability- Well this was a huge turn off for me at first. For the first week or so I would sure a shaker to mix it and it would foam up to the point I would have to let it sit for 5-10 minutes so I could drink it even though there was still alot of foam. Felt like I was wasting it since there would always be about half and inch left after my shaker sat for and hour and the foam was complelty gone. However if you use the magic bullet to mix this there is no foam which I was very happy to discover so now I just mix it at home if im going to be drinking it on the road or postworkout.

Value- Up in canada I got it for the same price you can get it online in canada ($45 for a 2 lbs) its a bit pricey but for myself I love the profile, 0 fat, 0 cholesterol, less than 1g of carbs. 3 gs of creatine from beef. and added adjipure BCAA's. So its not horrible for 28 servings.

Effectiveness- Ive found its helped with my recovery, ive been on a cut and love how this is real low cal yet still contain lots of recovery agents that have helped with my low carb intake. Can't attribute all of my recovery to this since ive been taking around 30g's of BCAA's a day which helps.

Sides- Havent noticed anything it was real easy on the stomach (if you can get over the smell which might turn a few peoples stomaches). No real gas, that I have experienced occasionally with Whey Proteins.

Overall- Its a slower digesting protein so it may not be your best choice for post workout, however throughout the day it has been great for me to quench my hunger in between meals. I would recomend this to anyone who wants a real lean protein and is looking for something new.

Cautions- try to wash out your shaker right away, if you think day or two old whey smells bad in a shaker. let this sit for a day and smell it, smells like rotting meat, happened to me once and I had to leave my kitchen after opening it and ended up just throwing out the shaker.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Help Recovery
  • Real Lean
  • Good Profile
  • Smell
  • Alittle Expensive
  • Takes Time To Get Used To Taste

December 30, 2010

Nice review man but didn't this just come out? Did it come out earlier in Canada? I'm asking if you finished the entire container.
  • whiteman91
    December 30, 2010

It came out like a month and a half ago. I've gone through 2-2 lbs tubs of each so far.
  • kevO
    December 30, 2010

Nice, been wondring about this one. Tried Carnivor by Muscle Meds and liked it, just really pricey. The slaughterhouse scent is a little discouraging, but I can get around that, it is BEEF after all...
  • whiteman91
    December 30, 2010

Ya its $3 cheaper than carnivor on bodybuilding.com. so if you live in the states its worth ordering but the shipping cost arent worth it up here in canada.
  • steelforce
    December 30, 2010

Nice rewiew bro this looks tempting.
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.