Elite Mass Gainer

By Dymatize
Elite Mass Gainer Dymatize
8.2/10
(Weighted average based on 10 Reviews)

Ranks #5 of 31 (better than 87%)
in Protein > Weight Gainers
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

I would definatley recommend this

Well time for another review yall. This was my first gainer so unfortunatley nothing to compare it to. But after debating on wether to try this or Up Your MASS I decided to give this a shot first.

PROFILE:9/10 This one one reason I chose...

PROFILE:9/10 This one one reason I chose this over UYM. It has more of just about everything per serving than UYM does.

Fat: 6g
Cholest: 40mg
Tot.Carb 77g
Sugar: 0g
Protein: 55g

TASTE:8/10 The first serving I did kinda shocked me. It wasnt bad but it wasnt amazing. But after that I knew what to expect and actually came to enjoy it to be honest.

MIXABILITY:7/10 Unfortunatley it wasnt the easiest to mix if you did 4 scoops all at once. But if you mix 2 scoops then add another 2 there shouldnt be any issue. I did mix with 1% milk because this is a bulk and want as much as I can get per serving.

EFFECTIVENESS/RESULTS:9/10 I had better than expected results. I gained about 5lbs out of a 6lb tub. Im not saying all the weight was from this(my diet helped alot) but I dont think I would have gained that much without it. I started out just doing 4 scoops as a pre-wo "meal" but ended up going to 3 about an hour and a half before lunch and then another 3 scoops 1.5-2 hrs after lunch.

I did have pretty bad gas through-out the whole tub. Which doesnt bother me at all, but the wife wasnt to excited about it.

CONCLUSION:8/10 I would definatley recommend this. I will try Up Your MASS next so I can comapre the 2. I am extremely satisfied with the results I got from it.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Low Cholesterol
  • Low Sugar
  • Bad Gass

blizzard

Posted July 27, 2011
Good review. What flavor did you get?

Posted July 27, 2011
Thanks:) and I got the chocolate, can't go wrong with chocolate in my book lol

ironajax

Posted July 27, 2011
Shake it up, leave it sitting for 5-10 minutes, then come back and shake it vigorously. That way the little clumps have time to fully saturate. its unfortunate you have to do that, but the quality of the product is worth it

First Review, Dymatize Elite Mass Gainer 12lb Chocolate

Hey guys, first post here so I thought I would make it lengthy and as detailed as possible. I wanted to write this review to encourage other hard gainers to try this product out. Previously I used, Cytogainer as my go-to as well as Cytogainers Colligate formula protein.
First of all, I was 6'2...
First of all, I was 6'2 165 when I started this product. I was a collegiate rower looking to gain some mass after I was done at my university with around 5-7% BF During-Off season.
The product lasted me about a month in a half because I took it in half dosages.

Taste/Mixability- 8.5/10-Chocolate flavor was great and I would often put a scoop of Peanut Butter and mix it in a blender. It was almost impossible to mix in a shaker because the scooper is the size of a laundry detergent scooper and the recommended serving is 2 scoops. I usually took 1=620~calories ~30g protein with the peanut butter and it tastes like you're drinking a reeses cup milkshake.

Effectiveness 8/10- I really started seeing gains after the first month I gained about 5lbs. With a proper diet and workout regimen, I couldn't see myself not gaining any weight. I would take in about 2800 calories per day and this would bump me into the 3400-3500+ range which would be optimal on heavy lifting days. The amount of calories/protein/carbs ratio is great, especially if you can drink about 2 scoops a day. Additionally has a great source of BCAA, and some added Glutamine/Creatine.

Side Effects/Notes: Nothing major here, I did have some gassiness that comes with protein after taking this often before I went to bed. One thing that I really was disappointed about and I know some people will argue this with me but I found that Dymatize adds Genetically Modified Soybean Oil to this protein. I know many would think its not a big deal but I understand their motto to be "Building Better Bodys" and I find the ingredient shouldn't be in this great product. After all, it is in actuality trans-fat going into our bodies.

Bottom Line :9/10- I loved this product especially in Chocolate. With the right workout schedule, diet and supplementing, this will get the job done. Overall after a month 1/2 I managed to gain ~7lbs of muscle. Not to mention the added creatine did up my gains and helps strength gains tremendously. I would recommend this to anyone and I believe I will be buying again.

Pros:
Cons:
  • High In Calories
  • Multiple Protein Sources
  • Some Gassiness
  • Large Serving Sizes
  • Gmingredients

It is a great value in my opinion

Hello everyone. I am submitting my review for a fairly new entry into the weight gainer field, Dymatize Elite Mass. This product has been out for almost a year if I'm not mistaken. There have not been a lot of reviews on this product on this site or others. So hopefully this will help any and all who may be considering it. I had never heard of this product until a rep from another supplement company suggested it to me. I found that interesting since they are a competitor, but he was honest and forthright and said that Dymatize's quality standards are of the highest in the industry. Since his company doesn't have an entry in the Weight Gainer category, he suggested this which I thought was very commendable since he could have just tried to sell me more of his company's product.

PROFILE: The Supplement Facts of this product were impressive to me at first glance. It is available in two sizes, 6 lbs and 10 lbs. The serving size is 4 scoops and below are some of the main stats...

Fat Calo: 60
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholest: 40g
Potass: 460mg
Tot.Carb 77g
Sugar: <1g
Protein: 55g

TASTE/MIXABILITY: The mixability of this product started out somewhat difficult. I usually use a Blender Bottle and it mixes everything with ease. This wasn't the case to start. But after a few days what I did was put two scoops in with half the water and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds, then put the remaining two scoops in with more water for a total of 16oz. This made it much easier and it mixed very well after that. The taste was very pleasant to me as it was not too sweet and not bland either. I particularly liked this because I do not want a product that is too sweet as that probably means there is way too much sugar in it. The flavors I have had are Strawberries & Cream and Cookies & Cream. Both were very good and if I had to choose, I would go with Cookies & Cream personally.

EFFECTIVENESS/RESULTS: I started out taking this once a day and eventually upped it to two. I preferred to take this in the AM and before bed. The results were great because I was able to put on a solid amount of muscle without adding fat. I never felt bloated or stuffed after taking this and was never still hungry at the same time. Upon taking it at night, I would wake up in the AM feeling good and looking lean. It seemed to digest very well which I thought was great considering many protein blends don't. It has the digestive enzyme Zytrix in it which is said to aid tremendously in helping the digestion of products such as this. It also has Creatine Mono and Kre-Alkalyn, which I honestly could go without in a weight gainer. But I believe the amount of each is minimal in this product. The amino acid profile is very impressive as well.

CONCLUSION: I feel this is another solid product from a great company. Although this was the first product I tried from Dymatize, it is not the last I have added a few of their proteins to my supplement cupboard. I will be adding this again in the very near future. I have read other reviews of one of the MHP weight gainer products and will probably try that next. However, with this costing $48 for the 10 pound size, it is a great value in my opinion.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Low Cholesterol
  • Low Sugar

Solid review +for you

Posted January 20, 2011
    Dymatize is ONE of my favorite companies Adon. They make quality products and set themselves to a high standard. Good review by-the-way.

Manimal

Well done dude.

The carb blend in this is very unique to say the least. I may give it a try, but man do I love my Up your mass! I DO love Dymatize as a company though. Very good products at very reasonable prices.

Posted January 20, 2011
    Thanks Manimal. I have read a lot on here of the Up Your Mass. Your review was solid and has me thinking of buying that now instead of this next to give that a shot.

Manimal

Posted January 21, 2011
    Thanks man. Looks like we may just end up flip flopping gainers for a change of pace here ;)

Posted January 21, 2011
    Shouldn't having gas be on the pro side?

This is a really well designed product with good nutritional profile

Hello all,

Hello all,

I believe there are just too many of us focusing on the latest supplement gimmicks but forgetting to get the basic stuff to spark some really impressive growth. Considering my height 6.6" and weight 225 pounds I thought that a gainer might be really helpful. After some research, Dymatize Elite MASS seems like the real deal and a really good product for me. I bought it because of its really good nutritional profile, this gainer could be considered almost a high-calorie high protein shake.

Each serving has nice 600 calories and about 55 grams protein, this isnt some oldschool sugar laden gainer with only 15 grams of protein per 100 grams. Im mostly using it for its high protein content (35%) and those extra calories as a post workout meal and sometimes when in a hurry I use it instead of my regular breakfast.

Till now I have only tried the vanilla flavor and must say it tastes amazing. There is no nasty chalky aftertaste nor is it too sweet.

Mixability is also decent, you just have to shake it vigorously, but i didnt notice any clumps.

Texture is smooth and its thickness depends on how much water you used.

Im pleased with its overall effectivnes - as mentioned before Im using it as a post training meal and I noticed increased recovery, better performace overall and my weight goes steadily up.

I cant really comment on value as this product is imported in my country, but paying about 60 Euro for 10 pound box is not that bad.

This is a really well designed product with good nutritional profile, plenty of protein, glutamine, vitamins and no sugars, low cholesterol and some extra creatine in it.

Will definitelly buy again.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Low Cholesterol
    • Low Sugar

Lorenz0

Posted May 13, 2011
      Good review chief 8)

This is the gainer I've been waiting for

Well I've tried any number of proteins, weight gainers over the past 10 years... This is a solid winner in my book.

Reasons why:
      *Tastes great* (reminds me of EAS...

Reasons why:
      *Tastes great* (reminds me of EAS Myoplex Mass)
      *low sugar* (less than BSN True Mass)
      *lower cholesterol* (than BSN True Mass)
      *digests well* (no gas or bloat)
      *cost effective*

This is the gainer I've been waiting for (for a long time). Something I can drink consistently without doctoring, but could add fruits to. Many old school gainers suffered from the problems I mentioned above and many still do. They think it's bulk calories (cheap protein, lots of sugar, etc), but its the quality of the fuel and calories that counts... as we all know.

I want others to make this popular so I can ensure they won't discontinue this anytime soon like EAS Myoplex Mass went by the wayside.

Strawberry and Vanilla are the ones I tried and they're delicious.

Lorenz0

Posted December 26, 2010
        Good review i've been waiting for someone to write one.. And the ingredient profile is the best i've seen in a mass gainer.

Posted December 26, 2010
        But then it has creatine in it :/ Not exactly a good idea if you want to take this couple of times a day because you will be overdosing on creatine. Also I don't know about you but usually take weight gainer with milk, and if you are taking creatine you need a lot of water. Water and milk don't mix, aka there goes your diarrhea. Other then that the ingredients look not bad.

taysab23

Posted December 26, 2010
        genearlly weight gainers only have about monohydrate in them.. and studies have shown that up to a 10 gram ingest of creatine throughout the day has no effect on the liver or kidneys (and studies that did show harm was done did not say the people did not drink alcohol during the study) Even so.. without a sugar transport.. monohydrate is generaly peed away.

Posted December 26, 2010
        Correct me if I am wrong but I still think True Mass is absolutely fantastic for building muscle...

taysab23

Is that by bsn?

Yeah

RomanXS1,

In the dymatize there's actually a low-dose blend of creatine monohydrate & krealkalyn... I do make my shake with milk of course, but doesn't cause me any digestive discomfort (past or present).

About the water intake concern and the creatines, we should all be consuming water all day long anyway (don't rely on the shake for water intake). I find that I usually down two 20 oz. shaker bottles of water with my preworkout drink anyway. Then another after workout.

From what I understand, sugar transport of creatine is an outdated method from the 90's, most creatines now use a sodium or phosphate or other transport system. There were conflicting studies and later they found all the sugar was really unnecessary.

Most top notch creatine products don't use sugar anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I like BSN True Mass (a lot), but just wish they'd lower the cholesterol content.

Posted December 27, 2010
        by far my favourite gainer ive tried too.. best nutritional value out of all the gainers there is nothing else i could ask for to be put into this formula

ironajax

Elite Mass Gainer is freaking awesome

Elite Mass Gainer is freaking awesome. My drug of choice for a good, lean bulk. Possibly its only real downside is the use of maltodextrin as its main source of complex carbs. Unfortunate, but hardly a deal breaker.

PROFILE: 9/10
        The main thing that drew me to Elite Mass Gainer,...

PROFILE: 9/10
        The main thing that drew me to Elite Mass Gainer, other than the stupendous price. The previous reviewers have all given the nutrient list, but let me reiterate:
        Fat Calo: 60
        Trans Fat: 0g
        Cholesterol: 40g
        Potassium: 460mg
        Total Carb 77g
        Sugar: 0g
        Protein: 55g
        Pretty sweet, right? Low fat, high protein, plenty of carbs, a good solid high protein meal replacement. It would help if they used more waxy maize over maltodextrin, but poor college beggars can't be choosers. Also love the very low sugar content.

VALUE:9/10
        10lbs for about $55, quite reasonable, especially for the high protein profile it offers. Quite pleased with it.

TASTE:9/10 Got the Double chocolate, which is quite tasty. A little thick if you mix it with milk, but there is no aftertaste or unpleasant textures. I also tried the Fudge Brownie flavor, which was also good, though they included little brownie chunks which I wasn't the biggest fan of.

MIXABILITY:7/10
        One of the few downsides, this protein flat out refuses to mix in a regular shaker immediately. You have to shake it up, wait a little bit, then shake it again. By then, the little clumps saturate fully, making the whole thing nice and smooth. Still, wish I could just shake it up and swallow it down.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10
        This product has been fantastic at giving me lean bulk gains. I have used it for the last six months or so, and I have gained roughly 20 pounds of lean, hard muscle in that time. I add one Mass Gainer shake a day to a cutting diet, which has worked to great effect in dropping my body fat to around 9-10% while slowly gaining weight. Needless to say, I have been quite happy. Just watch out for the protein farts. Pretty nasty.

OVERALL: 9/10
        I was extremely pleased with this gainer. I would recommend it to anyone looking to increase their daily calories without throwing in needless fat.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Low Cholesterol
        • Low Sugar
        • Bad Gass

deeshmond's Elite Mass Gainer Review

USE

USE
        Depending on how many calories/macronutrients I needed at the time, I would usually mix 2-3 scoops of Elite Mass with about 2 cups of skim milk (I tried 4 scoops one time but it was a pain to mix, really thick, and simply not necessary for my calorie needs). I took it at many different times (breakfast, post-workout, as a snack, etc.) and would often eat a fruit or vegetable as well to get a full, nutritious meal. I eat about 3000 calories (approximately 50% carbs, 30% protein, and 20% fat) per day, and do a mix of heavy weights, resistance circuits, and HIIT and endurance cardio training; this product fits in with my calorie intake needs quite well.

QUALITY/EFFECTIVENESS
        9.5/10
        This is a very clean gainer with almost nothing but solid, clean ingredients: many good types of protein, including whey, milk, egg, calcium caseinate (note that this is not the same as micellar casein, which is better), and added BCAAs and glutamine; all good fats, including sunflower oil, flax seed oil, CLA, etc.; healthy carbs: dextrose, maltodextrin, waxy maize, oat powder; plenty of vitamins/minerals; and kre-alkalyn and creatine monohydrate.
        I noticed lots of reviewers were helpful in giving the nutrition label info. So instead, I will give the total approximate calories for the way I consumed it--2 cups of skim milk with 2-3 scoops of Elite Mass:
        calories: 480-630
        carbs: 65-84g (only sugar--12-24g--is from the milk)
        protein: 46-59g
        fat: 3-4.5g
        Numbers-wise, it is also very solid. I'll be nitpicky and take 0.5 points off just because I have had/seen other gainers with other types of protein (e.g., micellar casein, hydrolyzed). But don't get me wrong--this is a great gainer, from both a quality and quantity standpoint. (On a side note, wouldn't it be awesome if a gainer were to ever include Vitargo as part of their carb complex.)

MIXABILITY
        In terms of mixing it in a shaker cup, it is not too great. I found I ended up with lots of chunks and leftovers that would stick to the cup when I just shook it up. When I used a blender though, it was fine--this is often what I ended up doing. Not a big deal, but it is always more convenient to just be able to mix it in a shaker cup.

TASTE/DRINKABILITY
        I had the Double Chocolate Shake flavor. I thought it was pretty good, taste-wise--better than many gainers I've had. It did have a bit of a chalky residue, though, especially with 3 or 4 scoops. I wouldn't say it's the tastiest shake I have ever had but it certainly wasn't unbearable as some shakes can be.

SIDE EFFECTS
        I noticed a bit of bloating with this product at times. It wasn't as bad as some gainers I've had but it's obviously nice when your stomach doesn't churn at all after you have a shake.

VALUE
        For this high quality of a product, it has a great price! I bought the 10lb container for $85 Canadian--others around this size were priced anywhere from $100-130 (supplements are sadly a bit more expensive up here than in the states). I was a bit skeptical when the salesperson at the supplement store was selling it to me because many inexpensive gainers are loaded with filler ingredients (which, as I've alluded to, was not the case here) or taste awful. But he assured me that I could return it if I didn't like it. But it was actually quite good and I purchased this a few more times. All in all, you get a great bang for your buck compared to other gainers.

COMPARED TO OTHER PRODUCTS
        Try it! This is my second favorite gainer behind Precision's Big Time (which I just noticed has been added to the site). I will stick with Big Time mainly because it is the best-tasting and easiest to drink gainer I have ever had. But it is definitely one of the better gainers out there, in my opinion.

OVERALL
        As I've said throughout, this a high-quality gainer and is worth a try.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Low Sugar
        • Some Bloating

Saipan

Saipan's Elite Mass Gainer Review

I've tried many different mass gainers prior to this product. ON Serious MASS, Amplified Mass XXX, ISOPURE MASS, and ON Pro Complex Gainer to name a few. I have a a very good knowledge of supplements, more importantly their ingredients. Therefore I approach products other than protein, and creatine with a VERY skeptical view. I research the ingredients. That being said the first ingredient (the most important) in Dymatize Elite MASS is Whey protein folowed by: milk protien, calcium caseinate, then egg protein. This shows the quality of this product. It has FOUR different proteins, which means your body can absorb it better because you have multiple sources. Most mass gainers main ingredient is Maltodextrin. Which is highly refined carbohydrate from mainly potatoes, or corn. Also most mass gainers have a single source of protein, and a single source of carbohydrates. This product has Maltodextrin, waxy maize, and oat powder, for 3 carbohydrate sources. It also has creatine, an array of healhty oils, vitamins, and BCAAs. I have to say it is the best gainer I've tried based on the ingredient profile, and the results compared to other products. I took it 2 to 3 times daily in half, or quarter doses between meals, and before bed. The taste is not nearly as good as others, but that is expected when it has far less sugar. I have never had problems with stomach discomfort, or bloating so I can't help you there. I have put on weight more effectively with this than other gainers. So I reccomend it. *REMEMBER KIDS* supplements are supplemental to DIET, AND EXERCISE. They play a minor role in your physical goals. Rely on your training, and diet. Use supplements with care, and as a minor aid to your training goals.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Multiple Protein Sources
        • Multiple Carbohydrate Sources

Posted August 27, 2012
          Hey,

Thanks for the info.

I had posted a question regarding gainer. Can you pls suggest any.

Thanks in Adv.

saatoo's Elite Mass Gainer Review

Hi guys! I decided to write a review of this product. After using several weight gainers (like e.g. Scitec Nutrition - Volumass 35 Professional, Jumbo; Nutrabolics - Mass Fusion; Hi-Tech - Createston; Dymatize - Mega Gainer; Biotech - Max Gain Plus) I gave a shot to this one in vanilla and strawberry flavours (I liked the vanilla one, btw. the strawberry one has a very similar flavour to the vanilla, I can't even recognize a remarkable strawberry taste in it). Among the products listed above this is the one I have got the best results from. I have no idea what the magic of this product is (maybe the 'whey + casein + maltodextrin + creatine' combo??), but it is simply effective. I'm a skinny type (and digesting very rapidly, plus I'm often stressed out) and my body requires a lot of food and supplements to gain even a pound, so gaining weight/muscle is amoung the biggest fights of my life. Finally(!) with one box of this product I was able to gain 6.6-8.8 lbs! and it sais everything about the effectiveness of this product! It loaded me up quite good after doing training so that I wasn't hungry for a while, but was able to eat even if I felt full. The only downside of this product (and maybe of all the supplements on the market) I recognized is – at least in my case, to my body – that after finishing a box, I loose on weight and I feel that the work I've done seems to disappear, but in this case I'm always going for an other box of Elite Mass and everything's gonna be all right again.
          The only reason I don't give this product a 10/10 is, that I didn't tried any other remaining high-rated weight gainers from the USA (like there are CytoGainer and Universal's Real Gains on my radar [ but I live in Europe, Hungary and this products are hard to get and in addition they are very expensive to get here ] so I can't fairly say this one is the best weight gainer on the market, but - no matters - this one is a winner for me for sure!
          (My second best choices - among the ones I've been using - would be Nutrabolics Mass Fusion and Scitec Nutrition's Volumass 35 Professional!)

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Low Sugar

I would definately recommend this to anyone bulking

So ive noticed that there are a few reviews on here listing the ingredients, im going to skip that stuff and keep it fairly brief. I gave this a 9 for effectiveness because i have used this on two seperate bulking cycles and both times have made some great gains. I have just finished 20 lbs of this stuff over the course of 3 months so i have been underdosing a bit but it was based on my calories from food intake and training consistency ( due to work )I cycled this with Animal Pak, CLA, Fish oil and just straight up caffeine pre workout. My workout time is approx 2hr per day 4 days per week ( I know 1hr is all that is recommended to beat catabolism but after a few years i have learned to listen to my body and i get better gains from a 2hr workout )I did almost no cardio other than the physical labour at work. I started this bulk at a hydrated 222 lbs and am now 231 lbs at less than 1% more body fat based on a caliper reading. Friends and my gf have noticed a significant difference in my chest and shoulder size and my traps blew up incredibly. I have actually noticed a big difference in my lats and more definition in my side/rear delts. 9 pounds may not seem like much to some ppl but it has been one of my best bulks since breaking my base. The recovery time with this stuff was great as you would expect and the carbs had my muscles firing straight through my workouts, pulled off some heavy lifts with no injuries or rediculous post workout soreness. I had the cookies and creme and the taste was great. Mixed well with water, it will settle to bottom if you give it time but seriously who cares, the results are whats important. I would definately recommend this to anyone bulking just be sure to consider your calorie intake when eating your whole foods.

Pros:
            Cons:
            • Low Cholesterol
            • Low Sugar