Home > Categories > Protein > Protein Blends > Dymatize > Elite Gourmet Protein

Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein

Elite Gourmet Protein Dymatize User Rating: (31 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 96% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
MuscleMeds Carnivor Reviews
Carnivor (55 Reviews)
Muscle Gauge Nutrition American Protein Isolate Reviews
American Protein Isolate (7 Reviews)
Optimum 100% Casein Protein Reviews
100% Casein Protein (138 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Pro Complex Reviews
Pro Complex (106 Reviews)
9.3
MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Reviews
Nitro-Tech Hardcore (66 Reviews)
5.9
Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Pro-Antium Reviews
Pro-Antium (25 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Probiotic Series Reviews
Myofusion Probiotic Series (23 Reviews)
6.8

Related Forum Topics

Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein At Grocery Outlet Baragain Market For 4.99.
Dymatize Elite Gourment protein this is a whey & casein blend at grocery out...

10lb Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein + 10 Serving Elite Recoup $71.90 Shipped

Is it worth taking Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein before aerobic activites
Specifically hockey practice. Is it just a waste of milk and protein or will it ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Elite Gourmet Protein Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Elite Gourmet Protein Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Value (29)
  • Great Taste (21)
  • Builds Mucle (18)
  • Excellent Combo Of Whey And Casein (16)
  • Clumping (9)
  • Bland Taste (3)
  • Not Enough Aminos (3)
  • Proprietary Blends (2)
January 31, 2014

Driven2lift

Reviews: 2

Age: 24

January 31, 2014
Excellent Value, decent protein

I picked this up at a fantastic price for 3 tubs, couldn't pass it up. Expectations weren't high for the price I paid but it was definitely not a bad protein.

Mixability was alright, shaking in water did the trick but it was a little more chalky than I am used to from premium powders and clumped if not seriously shaken well.

Taste was very flavour dependant, the simpler chocolate and vanillas were good but the more elaborate flavours I found noticeably unauthentic, the buttercream toffee fell short for me.

Effectiveness: really hard to judge with a protein supplement, as results are over a long time and at the end of the day they all fulfill their purpose if helping hit protein target. Looking at the profile it seems solid. Not many additives, natural colouring, no aspartame, added enzyme blend which I need in my whey. It is also a high % protein blend so good for lean muscle gain or in a weight loss phase.

I don't mind paying more so I will be sticking with other powders but for anyone looking for a well-priced protein supplement that isn't spiked full of carbs, fats, and synthetic additives, this is a great option.
March 31, 2013

Reviews: 83

Age: 33

March 31, 2013
 This was my first Dymatize product I had ever tried before. I had been looking at a few different proteins to try but did not want to spend a lot of money but still get a lot of servings in it also. When I buy protein I always go with the 5lb tub. It makes more sense to go with a 5lb tub when you look at price and servings.

Ingredients 8.5/10
The ingredient profile in this I thought was all ok but could be a little better. This has more proprietary blends which I don't have to much of a problem with like some people do. The list of Aminos is not to bad in this. I think they could maybe up the amounts of Aminos in this a little and some of the other ingredients. Overall for a cheaper type protein the ingredient profile is not to bad. I do like that this has both whey and casein protein mixed together in this.

Taste 8/10
I got the cookies & cream flavor. At first I was not real crazy about the taste but after a few days of drinking this I started to like it a little more. This does not have a real strong cookies & cream taste to it. It was a little on the bland side but not to bad. I do wish the taste could have been a little stronger. When I took this I mixed it with water and thought it was good with water. I noticed that when I drank this I would get little pieces of cookie in my mouth that I thought tasted pretty good. I did try this a couple time with milk and liked it a little more but it made it a little thicker when I did that and It made me more full from it which I did not always like.

Mixability 9/10
This mixed up pretty well. I always mix it with water and had no real problems at all with it mixing up. Once in a great while if I did not shake this up enough in my shaker bottle I got a little clumping in the bottom of it but nothing really to bad. Like I said this only happened once in awhile but most of the time it mixed up pretty well. It did get a little foamy when mixed up but nothing to bad. When mixing it with water it never got very thick so it made it pretty easy to drink.

Value 9/10
The value was part of the reason I got this. I got this on Lockoutsupplements.com for $39.95. It said on the label you get 61 servings. It comes out to be about .65 cents per serving which is not to bad.I think if you are able to find a 5lb tub of protein for around $40 is about the cheapest you will find protein now unless you find a site that has it on sale which is really hard to find. The price of protein is one thing I don't like because of the way prices have been going up on this stuff.

Effectiveness 8.7/10
For not being a big high profile type protein I thought it was pretty decent for what I got from this. I felt this helped a lot in my recovery and did not feel as sore when taking this. I feel this help me build a little more muscle and made my muscles feel more full. The one down side I noticed was that it caused me to bloat a bit more in the stomach which I did not like. When I take protein in general I always feel a little more bloated in my stomach and I don't like that. I think this is because of all the extra water I have to drink because of all the supps I am on. I noticed I did put on a little more weight since I started taking this. except for the stomach area I feel this did help me get a little more cut up.

Overall.8.7/10
After taking this I was happy with it. This did what I was looking for in a protein. Do I think there are better protein's out yes but for the price of this and ingredient profile it's not to bad of a protein. I would be willing to try this again but would like to try one of their other flavors. I would recommend trying this if your looking for more of a cheaper protein.
  • Bland Taste
deggman

Joined: 5/2012
Reviews: 7
Reputation: +42
How come you're review is not in the expert section? I thought you were in that category...

Reply #2:

Joined: 7/2009
Reviews: 83
Reputation: +881
No not yet. That might be awhile till I get there. I am starting to learn a lot more about supplements but there is still things I am needing to learn first. Maybe someday I will be in the expert review but right now I am happy where I am at.

March 24, 2013

Lovoi

Reviews: 5

Age: 15

March 24, 2013
 Hey everyone, i needed some protien but wasnt gonna spend any more than 20$. I fiund this proodict on sale for 17$ for a 2 pound tub.

In terms of taste it was one of the best tasting vanilla flavored protiens i have ever purchased but unfortunatley this product clumped alot in my shaker bottle. But ireally liked how this product combines whey with caien protiens.

i took 1 and a half scoops every day after my workout with my breakfast and it kept me satisfied until lunch which is never a bad thing.

This product was sort of wierd in terms of muscle building. I looked much stronger but the gains i made were not that signifigant.

all in all this was one of the better protiens ive had and definately worth the17$
November 21, 2012

KentMummau

Reviews: 1

Age: 43

November 21, 2012
 I purchased my 5lb jar at GNC. I chose the product because of the fair price and the blend of Whey and Casein.

I ma writing this review because I did not enjoy the product in the traditional way. It just did not mix nice. I use a shaker bottle for all my protein and creatine drinks and my shakes have always been something I look forward to.

With this product I was looking for lumps. Most of them went down just fine but occasionally I would nearly gag.

I even found some hard tacky like lumps at the bottom of my shaker cup. They usually got caught inside the wire mixing ball I use and I had to dig it out.

As a cheap skate, I decided to not waste my protein so I tried eating one. It actually was delicious. I should figure out how to do that intentionally and turn it into candy.

Unfortunately, I purchased this product for a quick and easy shake, not an exploration into culinary.

That said, I have found a way to use it that has been very satisfactory. I get very hot water in my shaker cup, add a little coconut oil and a scoop of the protein and it makes one of the finest cups of hot chocolate I have ever had. It is frothy even and reminds me of having marshmallow...without the crap that comes with marshmallows.

I have been holding around the same weight for several months so I am happy with the performance.

The product could be improved, should be matter of fact, by making it easier to mix. I have , in the past, mixed my own casein, whey and even beef proteins and never had trouble. That is a bigger hassle but atleast I get what I want when I make my shake.
  • Excellent Combo Of Whey And Casein
  • Good For Home Made Weight Gainer.
  • Not Enough Aminos
  • Horrible Gritty Texture
October 31, 2012

wolfpilp

Reviews: 3

Age: 24

October 31, 2012
 Hi guys,I decided to write my first review in here!I have used 2 containers of Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein in the past.

Effectiveness 8/10:Its a protein powder so you cannot really say if its effective or not.The thing with proteins is about the product really "being" what is mentioned in its box.I personally felt "full" when using this protein supplement so i am pretty happy with it.

Taste 9/10:I dont really care about the taste but Elite Gourmet was delicious.You can do amazing shakes with ii.

Side Effects 9/10:Nothing i noticed.!

Price/Quality ratio 9/10:This product is a protein blend and i prefer Whey protein powders better,but overall i believe that you get what you pay for.I get the 2268gr container for about 40e and i would use it again if i wanted a blend.
    October 15, 2012

ratafari

Reviews: 7

Age: 19

October 15, 2012
     Long time since my last review. Some background information: I decided to try this protein after running through a 5lbs Elite Whey Protein Isolate because it was cheaper and I was starting classes again, and I had noticed that the fast absorbing whey isolates made me hungry real quick and I was on a low carbs diet, therefore I guessed that the mix of casein and whey would prove right for the moment.

Price: Its cheaper than whey isolates and even cheaper than other protein blends with a great taste. Dymatize Whey Protein Isolates had lived up to my standards, so coming from that brand encouraged me to buy it.

Effectiveness: I took it 3 times a day, and I must say, it did calm down my hunger and craving for food hahahaha. Those extra carbs I was getting from it did have an effect on my overall look but it wasn't really bad or negative I just looked kinda pumped, and I wasn't loosing weight (it was summer) which at the time was important for me due to my dynamic lifestyle of studying like an animal. I used a shaker and there wasn't much clumping so I believe this product has been made with great quality standards and provides what us, consumers, want and expect.

Overall: This protein has made me curious over other protein blends in the market, I'm not sure if I'd prefer a blend or isolates when bulking up but definately for the reason of it being cheaper, good tasting, and providing results I would encourage anyone to give it a try. It worked for me, imagine what it could do for you.
      July 12, 2012

DavidJay89

Reviews: 6

Age: 23

July 12, 2012
       Longest 5 pounds of protein I have ever had to choke down! How they can label this gourmet is beyond me, maybe it was a bad batch of the chocolate but ever since I have associated Dymatize with horribleness unfortunately.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Good Nutrient Profile
      • Builds Mucle
      • Horrible Gritty Texture
      • Bland Taste
      April 3, 2012

BronxBomb

Reviews: 14

Age: 23

April 3, 2012
       Hands down most delicious protein i have ever consumed. i always get this unless its out of stock. And for $40 for a 5lb tub you cant really go wrong. Its as basic as it comes, gets the job done and tastes great. what more is there to say.
        March 22, 2012

bigjimbo

Reviews: 1

Age: 31

March 22, 2012
         I really like Dymatize for protien.This was good tasting and fairly cheap as far as "blends" (casien/whey) go. mixed fairly good with a spoon and great for mornings and before bed. I liked the amino profile though it is listed by 100g profile still good.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Good Amino Profile
          January 9, 2012

phiten40

Reviews: 3

Age: 21

January 9, 2012
           When I first purchased Elite Gourmet, I was looking for a substitute for my usual Musclemilk as a nighttime casein supplement. Based upon the 21g of protein per scoop, I decided 1.5 scoops with the addition of 8-10 ounces of whole milk would be sufficient for my needs. First off, wow, the vanilla tastes great (not as good as musclemilk, however). And I used a bullet blender so the product mixed thoroughly, and without clumping. After two weeks use, I began to use this as part of a homemade mass-gainer. I would mix 1.5 scoops with: 1tbs olive oil, 1 cup oats, 8 ounces whole milk. This is when I began to have noticeable strength and lean muscle gains, around 3-5 solid pounds in 3 weeks time.

I would highy suggest Elite Gourmet for its great taste, solid results, mixability, and adequate amino acid profile. As a nightly protein supplement, it contains very little fat compared to a gainer or muscle milk. Although when used as I did within a homemade gainer, it can be very effective and of course very delicious too!
          • Excellent Combo Of Whey And Casein
          • Good For Home Made Weight Gainer.

Have you used Elite Gourmet Protein? Submit your own Review!