Elite Gourmet Protein

By: Dymatize

Ok brothers here is a sweet protein blend that just seems to have a bad rep.
Ok brothers here is a sweet protein blend that just seems to have a bad rep.
I picked up a 5lb tub of Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein for cheap cheap, so I gave it a shot. I got the cookies'n'cream flavor and it was much better then I thought it would be. This is a fast and slow release protein with a blend of whey concentrate and isolate and Micelular Caseines and Caseinates. This allows that nice release of proteins fast to get to the muscles and slow to keep fueled up for a couple hours till you get some WHOLE FOODS! I used this protein one scoop twice a day once in the a.m before I went to the gym and before bed. Now for the review!!

----------------------TASTE 9/10----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the part that most everyone talks about for some odd reason. The cookies n cream was simply better then expected. It had bits of chocolate proteins and it was very thick almost like a milk shake. I got the best taste when I mixed 8oz skim with 6oz water (don't ask why but it works). I'm pretty open on flavors and try a new flavor but typically I will stick with common ones like chocolate, vanilla and mint. This was the first ice cream type flavor and it made me feel like it was the real thing.

----------------------MIXABILITY 7/10-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a little stumble point for this product. No matter how much straight water or skim even the krob mix of water and milk this stuff always got clumpy. I use a couple shaker cups and even in my tornado cup it still clumped up a bit. Maybe it's the blend they use even though I don't have an issue with my all-time favorite protein MyoFusion which is a blend as well. The clumping will not stop me from reusing this protein it should not stop you either.

----------------------CONTENT 7.5/10-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This again If I was making it would have had a little bit more Aminos into the blend for some muscle building aid. Still this is not a bad protein . it contains only 125 cal per scoop and 21g protein and 6g carbs. The down fall is it does have .5g sat fat and 1.5g fat also a low amount of sodium75mg. could this be better, yes a little bit I would of loved to see less fats and more Aminos, but for the price its fair.

------------------------ OVERALL 7.5/10----------------------------------------------------------------------

For total value to price this is a good deal for a before gym/early morning shake or a before bed snack due to flavor. When I bought mine I got a stella deal on it, 29.99 for 5lb jug. If it was anymore then 35.00 for it I would think twice since there are a few better options out there in that price range. For under 30.00 for 5lbs with 70 servings per that container that comes t o about .55 per serving well worth it. Normal price on this product can range from 31-34.00. it is worth a one time shoot to mix it up a bit.

Ken.r

Thank you gentleman!!!
    • Soldier37mp
      (0)
      July 21, 2011

Keep in mind when buying any protein blends tast can add a big factor in sat fat ,calories ,crabs etc due to the fact it cuts down the potency of the protein and adds more ingredients to it . with most of my supplements I use the basic blend its not the best tasting but the potency is higher.I use fruit it gives its better tast..

This was my first Dymatize product I had ever tried before. I had been looking at a few different proteins to try but did not want to spend a lot of money but still get a lot of servings in it also. When I buy protein I always go with the 5lb tub. It makes more sense to go with a 5lb tub when you look at price and servings.

Ingredients 8.5/10

Ingredients 8.5/10
    The ingredient profile in this I thought was all ok but could be a little better. This has more proprietary blends which I don't have to much of a problem with like some people do. The list of Aminos is not to bad in this. I think they could maybe up the amounts of Aminos in this a little and some of the other ingredients. Overall for a cheaper type protein the ingredient profile is not to bad. I do like that this has both whey and casein protein mixed together in this.

Taste 8/10
    I got the cookies & cream flavor. At first I was not real crazy about the taste but after a few days of drinking this I started to like it a little more. This does not have a real strong cookies & cream taste to it. It was a little on the bland side but not to bad. I do wish the taste could have been a little stronger. When I took this I mixed it with water and thought it was good with water. I noticed that when I drank this I would get little pieces of cookie in my mouth that I thought tasted pretty good. I did try this a couple time with milk and liked it a little more but it made it a little thicker when I did that and It made me more full from it which I did not always like.

Mixability 9/10
    This mixed up pretty well. I always mix it with water and had no real problems at all with it mixing up. Once in a great while if I did not shake this up enough in my shaker bottle I got a little clumping in the bottom of it but nothing really to bad. Like I said this only happened once in awhile but most of the time it mixed up pretty well. It did get a little foamy when mixed up but nothing to bad. When mixing it with water it never got very thick so it made it pretty easy to drink.

Value 9/10
    The value was part of the reason I got this. I got this on Lockoutsupplements.com for $39.95. It said on the label you get 61 servings. It comes out to be about .65 cents per serving which is not to bad.I think if you are able to find a 5lb tub of protein for around $40 is about the cheapest you will find protein now unless you find a site that has it on sale which is really hard to find. The price of protein is one thing I don't like because of the way prices have been going up on this stuff.

Effectiveness 8.7/10
    For not being a big high profile type protein I thought it was pretty decent for what I got from this. I felt this helped a lot in my recovery and did not feel as sore when taking this. I feel this help me build a little more muscle and made my muscles feel more full. The one down side I noticed was that it caused me to bloat a bit more in the stomach which I did not like. When I take protein in general I always feel a little more bloated in my stomach and I don't like that. I think this is because of all the extra water I have to drink because of all the supps I am on. I noticed I did put on a little more weight since I started taking this. except for the stomach area I feel this did help me get a little more cut up.

Overall.8.7/10
    After taking this I was happy with it. This did what I was looking for in a protein. Do I think there are better protein's out yes but for the price of this and ingredient profile it's not to bad of a protein. I would be willing to try this again but would like to try one of their other flavors. I would recommend trying this if your looking for more of a cheaper protein.

• deggman
        March 31, 2013

How come you're review is not in the expert section? I thought you were in that category...
      • workoutguru
        March 31, 2013

No not yet. That might be awhile till I get there. I am starting to learn a lot more about supplements but there is still things I am needing to learn first. Maybe someday I will be in the expert review but right now I am happy where I am at.

Lorenz0

Elite gourmet is blend of not only whey (fast absorbing) but casein (slow digesting) proteins.

Taste/ Mixibility- (9/10) (8.5/10)

I first tried a sample pack from my local nutrition depot and was hooked from the start. I bought the 5 lb chocolate peanut butter twice and loved it! Peanut butter taste was pretty light IMO but still was great! My only con was a few casein pieces here and their but nothing too bad.

Value- (9/10)

Taste/ Mixibility- (9/10) (8.5/10)

Value- (9/10)

I bought a 5lb tub of this stuff for $27. I used 2 scoops after every workout so it lasted about a month and a half. .77 cents every 2 scoops is a very good deal and worth every penny!

Effectiveness- (9/10)

Any successful bodybuilder knows that no one should rely on protein supplements to meet their over all goals. Your diet should be packed which protein coming from fish, chicken, turkey, and maybe some lean red meat. Also moderate carbs and healthy fats can help you add lean mass.

This product helped me meet my protein needs and also aided in recovery. I was on cut when i used this and with only 1.5g of fat and 6g of carbs this really helped in my overall goals.

Final verdict (lol)- (9/10)

* Overall great tasting protein (chocolate peanut butter)
      * Very affordable (around $30 for 5lb)
      * Good recovery
      * Mix of both whey and casein proteins

Alright, hope this review will help me kill some times. Here it goes:
        Intro: I purchased this protein on AllStarHealth.com for like $34 or $35-ish, that's pretty cheap in my opinion, especially for the serving size. I'm a college student so any thing that comes in "cheap" would be a great help.

Alright, hope this review will help me kill some times. Here it goes:
        Intro: I purchased this protein on

Taste: 9/10. The taste is pretty good, i thought it would be worse since it's so cheap. It actually tastes like Nesquik (however you spell it) to me. Sometimes i would use it to blend my own weight gainer, and if you're bulking try to blend it with Oreo cookies, the taste will be intensely amazing lol.

Effectiveness: It's protein, you can't really tell the differences between different brands. But the good thing about E.G is that i didn't get gas at all. The reason i switched to this was because i was tiring of using O.N for so long. Another plus was that it contains Casein blend in it, a slow protein would be a great help for someone who rarely have time to chow down some steaks like me due to school schedule. Not a bad protein.

Mix: 6/10. Ok, this is the bad part. I don't know if you guys get this but when i mix it in a shaker cup there would be "clumps" laying on top of the surface. It was like the protein wasn't fully mixed or something. Therefore i had to keep shaking it whenever i stop taking a sip. It wasn't that bad, but i guess it would be a problem for lazy people lol.

Price: 10/10. Like i mentioned in the intro. the price was very reasonable for this protein especially for its blend and serving size...that is if you get it online, GNC will charge you like $70 for a tub. Crazy.

Outro: Well, i guess that's all i have to say about this product. It's not a bad protein, but i don't think it's very ideally for post workout since it doesn't have hydro. whey (that would be awesome if it doesn). So if you're on budget, give it a shot. You won't be disappointed. That's all i have for now. Peace!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Excellent Combo Of Whey And Casein
        • Good Nutrient Profile
        • Good For Home Made Weight Gainer.

This is a good protein if you're looking for something quick and easy. I've had several of their flavors so I feel I can give a pretty good view of this product. This is a whey and casein blend so be aware, I generally prefer isolates. One thing I noticed about all the flavors of this protein was that the taste is very subdued. This may be good or bad depending on your personal preference. However, if I get a chocolate peanut butter flavor, i expect it to taste like it (it didn't taste like anything). For the price this is a good protein, but if you pay a few bucks more you can get something better.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Builds Mucle

• kstone11
              (0)
              February 23, 2011

I got a question is it best to make a shake before and after you workout or just before or just after?
            • DogRomeo
              February 23, 2011

That's an excellent question and as a follow up, if you make a shake in a blender, do you still call it a shake? you'd call it a blend right? jk man. good review although incomplete imho cuz you said there's better but then didn't say what they are. to me, i love hearing when guys compare & contrast in their reviews, that way i can say "ok he likes ON platinum hydrowhey or whatever so the bar is very high" know what i mean? thanks for the review though.

I love it, I think it is the perfect protein for me. What more could you ask for? Loaded with amino acids, multiple types of protein. For the amount of calories there is a lot of protein. Mixability is decent, I have had better and I have had worse but that is not an issue since all I am worried about is effectiveness.

• Abandoned
                March 6, 2011

I heard good about this stuff from a friend,Im for sure gonna pick some up next time I see it.
              • cjm502
                March 6, 2011

Yeah, I dont know what more you could ask for from a protein, it tastes awesome. This is the 3rd protein I have tried and it is my favorite yet.

I have to say this is probably the best protein I've ever taken. I was drawn to it for its whey and casein blend which is amazing because I can take this post workout and before bed without letting my muscles get used for energy when I'm sleeping.
              It tastes great for a protein. I took 2 scoops in about 16 ounces of milk and it tasted really good.
              I finished a 2 lb tub a month ago and decided to go buy more of it because nothing could match up to it.
              I bought the 5 lb tub at GNC for only 35 dollars on gold card week...
              I bought the 5 lb tub at GNC for only 35 dollars on gold card week which is a great deal in my opinion.
              Compared to any other protein I have to say this is by far the best I've taken and the best tasting. I highly recommend it to anyone
              • Excellent Combo Of Whey And Casein

Love the taste, I have chocalate. Great before bed. Doesn't bloat me at all. No side effects to report. I am putting on good mass but I eat a lot of lean protein also.
                  ckluh

Finally! A great tasting product, that is a multi blend for cheap! $29 on bb.com and for 125 cal and 21 g protein and a good amount of aminos and low fat/carb/no sugar, me likey!
                  • Tastes Like Syntha-6
                    wbaskovic

Taste is ok. However, dont pre-mix and drink later. It has a geling and clumping effect. I had to keep a jug of this at work and mix right before I drank it. The other thing I didnt like about this protein is it contains alot of filler. a 34gram scoop only yeilds 21 grams of protein...that is 13 grams of filler. that said, good value for starts. however more seasoned trainers should look for a better protein ratio i.e. ON gold standard or Max Muscle Max Pro.
                     Cons:
                      Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.