Elite Fusion 7

By: Dymatize

Elite Fusion 7 is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Dymatize. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

Does Elite Fusion 7 work?
Click to Expand

Dymatize Elite Fusion 7 is a solid, all around meal replacement protein powder. It is marketed as having an elite ingredient profile from the up and coming company that is Dymatize.

-Mixability/Texture 9.5/10:

-Mixability/Texture 9.5/10:
I didn't have any issues with mixing this product despite the large amount of powder per scoop. It recommends using about 4 oz of water per scoop, but I usually did 2 scoops per serving so taking this into account, 10 oz of water was what I found to be the magic spot for having the right texture. As for the texture, it was pleasantly smooth without lumps or clumping. Also, I know a few of you are concerned about this new blended protein from Dymatize after experiencing the slight grittiness of their Elite XT. Rest assured, that same grittiness is no where to be found here.

-Taste 9.8/10:
This is marketed heavily as having an "Incredible Taste". After trying both the Rich Chocolate Shake and the Peanut Butter Chocolate flavors, I must say that this was certainly true as it's' one of the most enjoyable proteins I've tried in terms of taste. Both flavors have a rich, creamy taste that are certainly a treat. I actually like using this product as the base for my custom gainer shakes as many of you have seen in my journal. Combining it with oats makes it even better, just be sure to add a little more water.

-Ingredient Profile 9.4/10:
I could care less how amazing a product tastes if it comes at the expense of having a compromised nutritional profile. With this product, I'm glad that this certainly wasn't the case. Each serving contains a solid 23 gram blend of whey isolates and concentrates, milk protein concentrate, egg albumin, micellar casein and calcium caseinate. Some will get scared off by the fat content at 6g per serving, but it's primarily MCTs and CLA making it quite the interesting addition. Finally, add in 5g of high quality dietary fiber, a ridiculous amino acid profile and only 1g of sugar per serving, and you have a winner.

-Effectiveness 9.3/10:
Now, before some of you run out and buy this to use as your primary protein source, keep in mind that this isn't an ideal protein source for post workout due to the fat and fiber content. With that being said, I used it primarily as the base for my homemade gainer shakes during my last recomposition log and was very pleased with the product. No bloating, or digestive issues to report despite the high amount of fiber.

-Overall 9.4/10:
While this isn't a protein designed for every situation, it makes an excellent meal replacement and gainer shake base for those looking to add some lean mass or fill in a few calories they're lacking. I'd highly recommend giving this a try on your next lean bulk/recomposition and seeing for yourself the solid product that they have put together here. Well done, Dymatize.

-AP
  • Great Base For A Homemade Gainer
  • A Little Overpriced

• Abandoned
    October 31, 2011

Not to mention I LOVE the taste.Its by far the best tasting(imo) powder protein I have ever tried.
  • kris65
    October 31, 2011

Good review. It is a great tasting protein, not the best though. Gotta give that honor to Hydro Whey turbo chocolate.
  • Beinamonster
    October 31, 2011

Nice reveiw bro... Thinking of trying this out.. Keep putting up good reveiws!!
  • adam777
    October 31, 2011

Good review as usual. Personally, I disliked this protein because right after I was on the toilet just about everytime.
  • Manimal
    October 31, 2011

I'm coming up on the end of my 5 pounder of this stuff (Cookies n' Cream).

It's the best tasting protein powder I've ever had. Great profile too.
  • birdman2211
    November 1, 2011

Well petey, after I read your awesome review I couldn't hold back. Just ordered some cookies and cream brah.

this is my 2nd protein from Dymatize and i was a little skeptical because i didnt like the last one i tried. I choose this one because Vitamin Shoppe had a sale and included a sling bag with the deal and i was like oh what the hell.

taste=9 i got the strawberry shake and it is very good. a little to artifical tasting but what more do you want.

mixability=10 mixed very well no clumps at all. I was very supprised by this.

price=8 got this at...

mixability=10 mixed very well no clumps at all. I was very supprised by this.

price=8 got this at Vitamin Shoppe for 30bucks plus a free sling bag so not the best deal but i liked it.

profile=9 one of the best total amino profiles i have ever seen. a 44g serving is a lot but the fiber amount is a nice touch. 23g of protein is good but a little to much cal's.

this was a very good meal replacment. also i didnt feel full from this at all, in fact an hour later i was hungry but i cant really blame this. I didnt get the runs from this which means its decent in my book. ive renewed my faith in Dymatize and will give them more chances in the future.

So i highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good meal replacemnt protein.
  • 6 Grams Of Fat
  • A Little Overpriced

• BrooklynBuff
    March 11, 2011

Nice review Rico,man 6 grams of fat is alot,what is this muscle milk?+
  • Str8up
    March 11, 2011

It's good fat, coming from CLA and MCTs

I think of protein powders the way I think of a home's foundation, there is nothing sexy about them but if they're not made from quality materials everything built on top of them will suffer. If price was not an option I'd probably buy ON's Pro Complex every time I wanted a protein blend, I don't have a problem saying that it's the best I've used. However basic laws of economics dictate that price will always influence buying decisions. Which is how I came to purchase Dymatize Elite Fusion 7. I've always preferred protein blends over pure whey because it allows the body to absorb proteins at variable rates providing a steady stream of muscle building materials. I don't have any science to back this up but it just seems that even the best things for your body are detrimental in high quantities and your body can only absorb so much protein at a time. I want my body to build muscle with the protein I ingest, not store it or expel it. I decided to write this review because the other reviews on this product were a bit dated and I noticed a few things that were not mentioned in previous reviews. This may all be for not b/c Dymatize has recently been bought by Post Foods, I hope Post realizes they have a good product already and don't screw it up in search for better margins. Only time will tell.

Overall: 8 I gave this an 8 because there is a lot of different types of proteins and other stuff in this and I can't determine the quantities of these ingredients. The taste is great I've had vanilla and Banana Smoothie and both were yummy. The banana smoothie, which I bought only b/c it was on sale and they were out of vanilla, tastes like banana pudding with hints of nilla wafers. I don't buy protein for taste and I get skeptical when that's the 1st thing someone brings up, but it's nice to enjoy the flavor of something that you drink 1-2 a day.

Profile: 7 Ingredients (from the label) Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate (I think it's weird to list it like this b/c aren't these 2 different types of Whey and shouldn't they be listed as separate ingredients)Complete Milk Protein, Calcium Caseinate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, And Egg Albumin, BCAA Blend(L-Leucine, l-Isoleucine, l-Valine), Glutamine) From here it breaks down into flavors and fillers. They do include 5g of fiber per serving which I like, and a vitamin blend. I'm not smart enough to tell if the protein is loaded by the Amino's or not but 2 scoops claims to provide 46g of protein, 380 Calories, 22g Carbs, 2g sugar. I like these ratios. It's also gluten free if you care about that sort of thing.

Value: 9 This is what I like most about this product it's easy to find good BOGO deals on this at various retailers. The my last order I was able to get 2lbs free when I bought a 5lbs jug for $30. 40 Servings for $30 is a good deal for this. This is the only area I give it an edge over ON but it's a significant edge.

Mixabilty: 7 Mixed easy in a shaker cup with water, never tried it with milk. The one thing I did notice that I thought was strange was the texture was significantly different among the 2 favors I tried. The vanilla was a fluffy white powder very similar to flour, that would clump a little if you didn't shake it immediately. The banana was a grainy course texture very similar to corn meal. I thought this was strange since I bought them at the same time just different sizes and flavors.

Effectiveness: It's very hard to rate the effectiveness of protein but I felt like this mixed & tasted well, provided a good profile and was easily digested. No gas, cramps, or bloating. I also never felt really full after so I guess I'd say it tasted great and was less filling.

Summary: This is a quality protein supplement at the right price that I will certainly use again. While it's not the best on the market it's not far off and is very inexpensive. It provides what I'm looking for in a protein and a nice bang for the buck.

• VonBoom
    January 3, 2014

Nice review, dawg!
  • ron
    January 5, 2014

Whey concentrate and isolate are different and I'm pretty sure they are listed together so that you don't know how much of whey is quality isolate versus the lesser desired concentrate. Probably a reason this protein can be purchased so cheaply.

I just finished a tub of Elite Fusion 7 Cookies & Cream. It is the best tasting, easiest mixing protein I have tried.

It is a sustained release protein blend. Each scoop contains 23 grams of protein, 11 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, and includes essential Branch Chain Amino Acids. It also contains 6 grams of fat per serving, which is a little higher than I like.

Because it is a blend, it can be used as a meal...

Because it is a blend, it can be used as a meal replacement, snack between meals, after workout shake to help aid in recovery, or at bedtime.

I mix it with milk, and it tastes like a milk shake. I look forward to my mid day "snacks"
  • 6 Grams Of Fat

Or as I now call it, Syntha-7! I was a big fan of Syntha-6 for both taste and stats. Syntha-6 was always the perfect protein for me. Not super light or super heavy in any category, the perfect purpose protein shake for any time of day. Then Elite Fusion 7 came along.

-quick interlude-

"6...minute...abs! If you...

-quick interlude-

"6...minute...abs! If you are not satisfied we will send you the extra minute free"-Hitchhiker from There's Something About Mary)

This is a great tasting protein which in my opinion is very important considering how many proteins are on the market. It's a blended protein obviously, so once again you can use this for pretty much any purpose (meal replacement, pre/post-workout, or as overnight replenishment).

Then there's the one overwhelming fact about Dymatize (company that makes Fusion 7) I've always liked. All of their products are made in an FDA approved facility. Something not many, if any companies can claim. This means they are held to a hire standard of cleanliness and protocol when manufacturing their goods.
  • If It Was 10 Dollars Less I Would Give It A 9

• kineticpen
    January 16, 2011

Lol@hire. I meant 'higher'
  • John5516
    January 16, 2011

Dymatize has some good products. I am making amazing gains from the Elite Whey, and my friend has been using ISO-100 Isolate. Great product!!!
  • kineticpen
    January 16, 2011

Sorry john. just got off work.. Hard to believe people actually buy more than just ON products (most overrated company in the supplement world in my opinion).
  • Rebel29073
    January 16, 2011

Just got a 5lb tub of cookies and cream. Hoping for good results.
  • DrakeRM
    January 16, 2011

Nice review, man! i'll try some

I had a bad batch of ON Vanilla, contacted them and they told me "try another flavor", are you kidding me? So, I did but in another brand. The Dymatize Elite Fusion 7 tastes great (Vanilla ice cream) mixes well and has a great profile. Needs a little more liquid as it blends a little thick compared to the ON product. A little high in carbs and fat IMO, but the carbs are needed sometimes. Only a 7 in value because it is a little expensive, but in this case you do get a good product for your dollar. I will buy this again.

• John5516
    February 24, 2011

I'm really enjoying Dymatize as a brand right now! My Elite tastes great and has helped me gain some size!

I used this in place of casein protein before bed. tried a couple different casein proteins, just couldn't take the horrible flavors and the grittiness. I took it before bed and kept me full throughout the night.
I got the chocolate flavor always took it with milk so it would keep me fuller throughtout the night.
ronin

i like this protein taste is very good mixes well and the rich chocolate taste like there marsh mellows in them

my only problem is theres alot of sodium and price but i recommend it cause it reminds me of MyoFusion and I am a fan of Dymatize

• Good In The Morning And Before Bed
Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.