Lean Xtreme

By: Driven Sports

Yo fellas, been a while since I wrote a review. Gonna school you on some Lean Xtreme today!

I started running this 5 weeks out from the contest I did with bigworm on here on July 1st. I had come across Phosphatidylserine a while back but never really looked into it. After learning that ECA (which I was running at the time) can raise cortisol levels, I decided to take something to keep it in check. Did a few quick searches and this nifty product came up everywhere. I had also been training for over a year without any type of break and I increased training and cardio for contest prep, so I was definitely under the impression that my cortisol levels could be climbing. Typically, a cortisol problem won't occur overnight but instead over time with extensive training, stress put on the body, and high use of stimulants.

Dosing- Driven Sports recommends up to 4 caps a day, as long as 1 is taken upon waking and the second one 4 hours later since this is when cortisol is at it's highest. I ran 3 daily: 1 upon waking, 1 four hours later, and 1 post workout. Worked great for me. I was stacking it with ECA and the essentials such as multi, protein, CLA, Fish Oil, Glutamine, creatine, BCAAs.

Effectiveness- 8/10: I ran a full bottle of course and the stuff simply seemed to work. By week two, I was starting to see my abs pop more and my fat loss rate seemed to have increased. No negative sides were experienced.

Price- 7/10: PS is typically fairly expensive. This product actually gave you a substantial amount with a couple other goodies so I couldn't complain, although I wish it came in a little bit of a bigger size. If you take the full 4 cap dose, you will get less than a month out of it. At my 3 cap dose, I got 30 days out of it.

Ingredients:
Let's review Phosphatidylserine (the MVP of Lean Xtreme) real quick, shall we?
Cortisol is the vicious, well known stress hormone that can build up and alter the way your body stores fat. It can affect your thyroid T3 and T4 output which is a huge picture in maintaining a lean physique. It can even cause a breakdown in muscle tissue and lowered testosterone. Cortisol can have even more negative impacts on the body, probably more than I can list. So after hearing that, excessive cortisol levels sound like an A-hole right?
Phosphatidylserine (or PS for short) works by blunting the effect of Adrenocorticotropic hormone, which is the hormone that tells the adrenal gland to release cortisol.
Awesome.

Another goodie in this product is Forskolin. I haven't seen a whole lot on this actually, but apparently it can give the same effects as caffeine without the jitters by bypassing cell receptors without binding to them and it can even aide in testosterone production by encouraging the hormone that makes it at the source. I didn't feel much of a test Boost from this product but I am also 20 years old so my test is sky high. But if this all holds true, this seems like an excellent ingredient to have in here.

Another beneficial ingredient in here is Green Tea. Unless you've been living under a rock, you should know that green tea is great to add to any fat loss stack and can help induce more fat loss and anti-oxident support as well as several other health benefits.

To wrap this up, I'd say this is a great supplement to run during the last month or so of dieting to help get past that plateau for the last couple pounds of fat. It helped me and I'll be buying again. Manimal gives the go-ahead on this one!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great For Recomp Or Cutting
  • Non Stim
  • Controls Cortisol

July 13, 2011

Good review man i was waiting for you to be the next to review this little prize. I'm thinking about picking up some phosphatidylserine to run for my lean bulk but i really splurged the other day for my new stack. Needless to say i think a lot more people will be adding this to their stack shortly.
    • kroberts9
      July 13, 2011

Outstanding broski!!! i need to get me some lean xtreme soon. it will be in my next lean bulk cycle in the fall.
    • mhseaver670
      July 13, 2011

I think I will be using this around end of OCT on my contest.. thanks.
    • Frankiemusc

Welcome to the site :o)

Great review

• toolhead
      July 13, 2011

Good review man. Sounds like you liked it as much as I did.
    • EurRacer
      July 14, 2011

Great review dude!! Would you recommend running this or just straight phosphatidylserine? I've found some decent deals on it straight, but not sure if the extra stuff added to Lean Extreme was worth the extra cash being spent on it.

Nice one...
      After mine, king's, and your review, everyone and their mother are going to be taking LX lol.
    • Manimal
      July 14, 2011

Thanks fellas. Yea, definitely recommend this one.

@ EurRacer- I can't say from experience because I have not ran PS by itself but I would think Lean Xtreme would be the better buy just because of the added ingredients.
    • EurRacer
      July 14, 2011

Oic. Yeah, I hear ya dude. Sounds good to me then. Be picking some up for sure! Thanks :)
    • DCSVallone
      July 14, 2011

I just started taking it a few days ago after I read about LX on the forums. I actually noticed the test boost. I had increased acne on my chest and neck and a bit on my shoulders; not to mention i felt much better. Excellent review.
      July 14, 2011

Im taking currently will review too bro
    • Lorenzitto
      (-1)
      July 15, 2011

I'm gonna stack this with D-Pol, activate extreme and triazole! 1 month and you'll know the results!
    • OsoPolar
      July 15, 2011

Hey, Manimal, where did you find the info about the Phosphatidylserine? I see a lot of talk about it by iron hounds, but every bit of research I find by MD, double blinds, etc. all say its great for mental regrowth (folks with diseases and such needing help with cognition issues). But everything I see for physical help with cort or soreness and what-not is at best a "Meh, barely if anything" or some such. basically putting it into the realm of placebo. Which, hey, placebo effect can be ridiculous (as anyone with one of those magnetic or hologram wrist bands should know by now).

Thanks

I decided to give Driven Sports Lean Xtreme a shot due to the high praise it receives on other boards, as well as a glowing recommendation from my older brother. I'm aware that many people use Lean Xtreme in their PCTs for controlling the potential cortisol 'rebound' in the weeks following their cycles. However, I decided that it would be a perfect fit for my current situation, seeing as though I do not like using stim heavy fat burners/thermos.
    At the beginning of my Lean Xtreme run I was hovering around 7-7.5%BF and was seemingly stuck there. That being said, I was hoping that without any changes in my diet or routine that Lean Xtreme would help me to drop below that 7% mark, and I must say I was not disappointed.

Profile: 8.5/10
    Overall I would say the profile is solid and the ingredients were dosed in effective amounts.
    (For a comprehensive description of the ingredients and their purposes, just do a simple google search)

I believe you can find it anywhere from $25-30 online for a months supply, not too shabby...

Well what can I say about Lean Xtreme except for, IT WORKS! Without any changes in my diet or workout routines, I managed to get down to 6.6%BF from well above 7%, not bad at all.
    I took 3pills a day, 1 first thing in the morning, 1 4hours later, and 1 immediately after my workouts. Seeing as though it worked so well, I can come to the conclusion that I definitely benefitted from the cortisol controlling effects of Lean Xtreme. With all the physical stress I put my body under I truly believe the cortisol controlling aspect was in full effect.

All in all, I'd highly recommend Lean Xtreme to anyone looking for an alternative to your typical high stim fat burners/thermos. Additionally, Lean Xtreme can basically be stacked with anything, which makes it a very attractive option for anyone. I have read about nothing but incredible results when Lean Xtreme is used in conjunction with high stim fat burners/thermos, so if you are looking for a great addition to your cut, give it a shot.

• BrooklynBuff

Kick a$$ review+
    • kroberts9

GREAT REVIEW BROSKI!!!!!
      I think i might want to give this stuff a shot after my supress-c is gone.
    • blizzard
      July 7, 2011

Awesome. I've got a bottle in the mail. Did you just use one bottle?
      July 7, 2011

One bottle is good been using with oxy and losing fat while staying the same weight n keeping size love it
      July 7, 2011

@Blizzard - Yea I only ran one bottle. About to run another with AI's new Raspberry Ketones...

@King - Ive heard nothing but great things abou that combo, I just dont like all the stimulants.
    • Virtus
      July 8, 2011

Oh man I had been waiting for someone to review this on here beczuse you are right, I read about it a lot elsewhere. I am going to have to try this out after I finish up the rest of the Erase I have sitting around.
    • Scsrhino

Thanks for the review!
    • shadow187
      (-1)
      July 8, 2011

Hey kev0 did you noticed you any tan because of the forskolin it has in it?
    • Rockcity
      July 8, 2011

Good review, how would this stack with, recreate and tribulus?

kingmeat

Just getting back from vacation and recently finished up my last dose of Lean Xtreme unfortunately. I saw people were interested in this and a few others on here have used this but not yet reviewed it and it has drawn interest so here we go.

Since it's the summer i decided to do a short recomp and picked up some OEP and wanted to try something other than Recreate so i heard about Lean Xtreme. It even reads on the bottle "Rapid Recomposition Agent" sounded perfect.

Also it helps control cortisol which can be raised if we are under stress, don't get our 8 hours of sleep, and when we are lifting hard in the gym for long periods of time since we are all gym rats. In some studies done on one of the ingredients in LX Phosphatidylserine is shown to help reduce cortisol after a hard days work in the gym.

Anyway i think i ordered this on Amazon or something since it came rather quick with 2 day free shipping. They are running a special on bb.com buy 2 get one free for about $63. You can find it pretty much anywhere ranging from $22-$31.

Now for what everyone wants to know which is was it effective?

Yes it was very much effective stacked on with OEP or even ran solo. I went from 220 to 214. My body composition changed as my abs popped out and my arms began to get more cuts and retain size. My chest defined out more and my stomach became tighter.

Diet and cardio played a big part as well with increased clean calories and HIIT i was bound to see results. 3 pills one in the morning, 4 hours later and before bed was easy to dose. I maintained strength and i'm sure my body fat % decreased as i saw my abs and looked bigger and more cut.

Also for some reason while on this my libido was on a rise it was pretty scary as i'm young my libido should already be high but it was almost uncontrollable. I am definitely going to pick this stuff up again. As i look to continue dropping fat and building a leaner body.

Most happy that I maintained my size and abs looked more defined as i lost water weight and shed some pounds before i stepped foot on the beach.

(I'm just mad i gained back a pound probably water weight and i didn't eat to well on vacation and had some alcohol. Back to a clean diet though now and got some much needed rest for my body to hit the weights hard again.)

Anyway, hope this helped some of you guys out in making your decision i think this is a great product for a recomp, cut or bulk to keep fat to a minimum and reduce stress on your body as we all undergo stress. Any questions let me know.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great For A Recomp
    • Non Stim
    • Increased Libido
    • Controls Cortisol

July 11, 2011

Good review King. LX is legit.
        July 11, 2011

Thanks man followed you up with this i'm suprised nobody else has reviewed it it's a great product. I'm about to try some eviscerate smolder shortly as i lean bulk.
      • Gkeezy
        July 11, 2011

Nice review broski. I am definetly going to try this out
      • Virtus

Nice review brother!

Thanks men
      • Tsoiseth34
        July 12, 2011

Nice review king, did you alter the dosage of OEP while taking LX with it?
        July 12, 2011

Nope took 3 and 3 and it worked like a charm brotha.

So I decided to give this product a whirl after I read other high rated SR member reviews. Figured what do I have to lose.

Dosing: I did this as recommended by SR members, I would take 1 upon waking, 1 more 4 hours later and 1 pill before bed. I dosed this with Yohimbine HCL, Strict High Protein Low Carb Cycling diet, Glutalyn, Creatine, Whey Protein & Milk Thistle.

Ingredients: Proprietary blend: Green Tea Extract (Which was good because it helped increase my metabolism), Coleus Forskohlii, Phosphatidylserine, 5-AT (5-Etioallocholen-3b,7b,17b-tiol), 7OH (3b,7b-dihydroxy-5-Etioallocholen-17-one).

Effectiveness:...

Effectiveness: 9/10 This is where the product really shined for me. I did not have the same results as most members describe. My abs did not just pop out. But that's because I still had some body fat covering them up. What it did to for me, was lean me out very nicely. My stomach did become a bit tighter by the second week. My love handles decreased in size a little bit and my overall physique tightened up, so I was able to see more muscle definition then before.

Value: 8/10 - I picked this up on Sale and got a bottle for around $28. This was pretty cheap compared to OxyElite Pro. And did a better job for body re-composition, taking what I already built lifting weights and giving me more vascularity and definition.

I would highly recommend this product to others, but with a little caution. This is not a quick fix. Taking this product on its on without proper diet and exercise will not yield results. BUT, doing this with proper diet and exercise both aerobic and weight lifting, you will see a significant different in the way your body looks.

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great For A Recomp
      • Non Stim
      • Controls Cortisol
        CamSTL

I took this over the past couple of years with my cut. I usually like to stack this with Inhibit-E which I like and will write a review on soon.

Background: Im prone to estrogen stored fat deposits (which is y I take inhibit-e) and i've been working out for years without much of a break and had been a heavy Jack3d user before switching to Assault. Working out so much and using stims the way I was can help increase cortisol. I was also under alot of stress/depression for months from a bad breakup which can contribute to cortisol raise. I ballooned up quite a bit.

Profile:9/10...

Profile:9/10 This product consists of Green Tea, Phosphatidylserine which controls cortisol and lowers stress levels, and Forskolin which is supposed to aid in test boosting and body comp improvement. Its in prop blend tho.

Effectivness: 8.5/10 This product simply works. I cannot give full credit to this as Inhibit-e did what it was supposed to do for me as well. I wish I had measured my bodyfat back then but in all honesty I was too ashamed during that dark period in life.

Even with a decent diet and routine the stress and cortisol got the best of me, after but after 2weeks on this and dedication to my diet/workout I started to see those abs pop out and I was noticably leaner. Maybe it was my mind but I felt my mood improved a tad bit as well.

Dosing/Value:8/10 I got this for $28 but I have noticed that you can find this for $25 or cheaper if you look hard enough. It comes with 90 caps and I took 1upon wakening, 1 4hrs later and 1postworkout. That lasted me one month.

Overall: 8.5/10 Like I said I cannot give full credit to this product as I was taking another product to help control my estrogen levels. But this product did EVERYTHING it claimed dropping cortisol levels, decreasing stress, and improving body comp. I didn't notice much test output from this product but Im okay with that. I was happy with my cut and I agree with Driven Sports claim that this is the best non-stimulant based fat burner out there.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Non Stim
        • Controls Cortisol
        • Great For Recomp Or Cutting

• cssrss
            January 21, 2012

Great Review! I'm thinking about trying this out. It's crazy what kind of physique damage cortisol can do when it's not in check.

This product helped me extensively while training to compete in my first show in June 2012...I started on January 1st at 200lbs and 20% BF and entered the competition at 155lbs and 4% BF. Now I have a heart arrhythmia so I can not take any product with caffeine...That is why I researched this product so much and eventually decided to go with it. I went on to win the overall Masters Division and received my SNBF Natural Pro Card...this product was one of my staple supplements that I started taking about 12 weeks out...even though I was progressing nicely I was still holding some stored fatty deposits in midsection, lower back, and quads. This product I feel accelerated my fat loss and assisted me in getting to the conditioning that I was seeking. I could feel the difference while on it and had a natural energy increase without the stimulant feeling of most other weight loss products. Overall it was very effective in my opinion and only give it an 8 because it is a bit expensive and they seem to run out of stock a lot more than any other supplements I have taken.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Controls Cortisol
          • Great For Recomp Or Cutting

• mhseaver670
              December 22, 2012

You should run a Log journal here, being you are a pro. Be good to have a good additional logger here.
            • ron
              December 22, 2012

I agree with mhseaver670. Being 44 myself I would really like to hear more details of your diet and routines.
            • wrhalljr
              December 22, 2012

I will do that...I just set up my profile on this site so I wasn't aware of everything that could be logged. I have a profile and article with complete diet and workouts on bodybuilding.com as well as over 40 transformation of the week titled "Renewed Passion" that has details of my supplements and diet. Love this site though as I supplement extensively so I will post all my supplement reviews soon. Thanks..

I figured I'd give a review because there hasn't been a review yet on the 2013 formula with Salvia Miltiorrhiza instead of 7-OH. Before I say anything about the product, I'll give you my stats, the diet and lifting program I was on through the 4 weeks I used this bottle.

I'm 25 years old, 5'10", 180 lbs (currently). I follow an IF (intermittent fasting) diet, currently for fat loss. I'm 4 weeks into the fat loss phase and just finished this bottle. I follow a permanent IF lifestyle just because it gives me less gas (i'm prone to gas), and I enjoy eating large meals, and it works for me. I started with a 12 week cutting cycle (from 198-173, maintained in ALL lifts, went from 315-355 5 rep max in squats. Love IF), then did an 18 week slow bulk (173-186), and I'm now 4 weeks into this planned 12 week cut.

My current *cutting* training program is a reverse pyramid program centered around the 4 big lifts (squats, deads, chin ups, bench) with 1 or 2 accessory exercises added in there.

As far as dosing protocol, I would wake at 6:30 (generally), take one. Take one four hours later at around 10:30-11. I'd train (fasted), then have my first meal of the day around 2-3, or whenever it was done cooking. Then depending on what I was doing I'd either take one with my evening meal or right before I went to bed.

I also take Assault pre workout, a multi, fish oil, creatine mono on off days, and extra vitamin D and C, CoQ10, and am a coffee addict.

Now to the product.

Once again, this is the new formula. I have NOT used any of the old formulas.

Ingredient profile (7/10): Green Tea Extract (50% EGCG) (leaf), 15-hydramaxâ„¢ (Salvia Miltiorrhiza Extract Concentrated for 15, 16-Dihydrotanshinone I) (root), Coleus Forskohlii (40% Forskolin) (root), Phosphatidylserine 45%, 5-ATâ„¢ (7b-hydroxy, 17b-dihydro dehydroepiandrosterone), BioPerine® (Black Pepper Extract) (fruit).

Definitely looks good on paper. I did a few google searches and found scientific papers on the viability of Salvia Miltiorrhiza extract for the cortisol control purpose that it serves in Lean Xtreme, and the results were good, so I bought a bottle to try it out. EGCG to help with fat loss, and Forskolin for added cortisol control.

Effectiveness: (5/10): This is just what I'm not sure about. Bottom line is that I have not noticed any significant leaning past what I normally do at this point in my cut. Maybe I don't have a problem with cortisol to begin with, so results for you could be different. Or perhaps I'm not as sensitive to the product as most people. In fact, I didn't feel a thing. Well, that's not true. One morning I couldnt remember whether I took it, so I just took an extra one (ended up taking 2 that morning), and later that day I did notice some dry joints. But that went away the next day. If I were to ever run this again I think I would try running 4 caps a day.

However, I am very prone to storing fat around my love handles. At this point, my abs are fairly cut, but I still have very large love handles. It's a little awkward looking. I associated those with cortisol. So I figured, those might lean out as well with this product. Not the case.

But once again, I did have some drying of the joints the day I accidentally took 4 caps, so If I were to give this another try, I would run 4 caps a day, even though that would only last ~23 days.

So to summarize, I did have some leaning, but nothing past what would normally be found at this point in my cut.

Value: (4/10): At the current doseage with the current effects, it's just not a good value. I'm tempted to wait and try again running 4 caps a day, but then having to buy another in 23 days would be unappealing to me.

So bottom line. I'm tempted to try again at 4 caps a day to see if it leans me out, but at the doseage I did, I did not notice any significant effect. This is a shame because I love every other DS product I've tried, this is the only one I've had a neutral experience with. I would recommend others give it a try to see if it has an effect on them, though, since Salvia Miltiorrhiza is such a good ingredient on paper.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Non Stim

Effectiveness: this product was very effective at controlling cortisol and I definitely noticed some immediate changes to how I felt stress wise and after my workouts in a positive way. When my appetite was under control I noticed faster fat loss and muscle gain.

Cons: The other thing I noticed was that this product made me hungry as all hell. Several times I would be ravenous for food and shove 6 Boston cream donuts down my throat and then regret it. I have no idea why this happened but I've never been that way before. I would highly recommend stacking it with a good appetite suppressant. I tried this with OEP on a seperate run and it appeared to help cravings after you eat but if you are on an empty stomach to start,I got very hungry.

It he value is good and if it doesn't give you the munchies, I would highly recommend it to anyone trying to lose weight via a recomp.
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • Non Stim
              • Controls Cortisol
              • No Muscle Loss

This was my first cortisol blocker I enjoyed about a 7 pound weight loss (253-246)in about 2 months on this product. I usually take stim based weight cutters but wanted something that would not raise my blood pressure or have adverse effect when on my PCT from an Epistane cycle. The results were pretty nice did not feel any side effects from this product and I did not lose any muscle MASS with this product which can happen with other cutters. I would suggest this to anybody looking to cut fat when on a PCT becuase it will keep the cortisol down from the stress that coming off a PH cycle. As a straight up cutter when not coming off a cycle I would stack it with a appetite suppresant because I was able to control my hunger while on this product but definitely had more issues with it then when on OEP or another stim cutter. I would not stack with a stim based product as this seems to be counterproductive. Will be using again after I do my next PH cycle here in a couple months. Until then will be stacking OEP with tone (from Complete Nutrition). Anyways guys and gals best of luck and keep up the intensity in the gym.
                 Pros:
                 Cons:
                • No Muscle Loss
                • Non Stim
                • Controls Cortisol

September 14, 2011

Always forget this took one pill upon waking, one after workout, and one before bed.
                  • Jcarreno
                    September 14, 2011

How would this affect stacking it with another fat burner (stim)?
                    September 14, 2011

Because lean xtreme is meant to block cortisol to lose fat however stim product raise cortisol levels and cut fat

Hey everybody first off I just want to say I am not HATING on Lean Xtreme or any Driven Sports products. I like the company a lot they have a great following and a great reputation so I know they are doing something right with their products.

So to start off this review on Lean Xtreme I just want to say I have been cutting for the past 2 months. I was previously on an OxyElite Pro and Recreate stack which I saw really good results with. Once I finished that stack I wanted to cycle off with Lean Xtreme since its a non stim fat burner. I wanted to take a break from the stims. So I was very excited to start this product because of the good reviews I read and the support that Driven Sports has. Sadly for me this product had a negative effect. I was on Lean Xtreme for about 9 days until I came off of it. The main problem I had while on lx was binge eating. I found that this product made hungry ALL DAY. I could not stop eating and my stomach would be growling all day. I was craving carbs and just the greasiest foods while on lx. I found myself eating as much as I do when I have a little herb in my system :D. hahah. But I couldn't continue lx because of the over eating. Now I think that my thyroid and cortisol levels are screwed up so I just think it's a me problem. So I don't discourage anybody from using this product because people have had good results with it. Maybe if you know you have problems with your thyroid or cortisol then you should think twice about. Also I don't know if this product would produce a different result when stacked along with something else. So good luck to anybody using it and I doubt most of you won't experience what I experienced haha.

If you want to read anymore reviews on fat burners or ask me Questions feel free to do so. I will be writing a new review on Lipo 6 black ultra concentrate soon so stay tuned!
                   Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • Makes Me Eat Like A Cow

August 11, 2011

I highly doubt the LX caused that reaction. Its most likely the withdrawal from stimulants and lack of appetite suppressing effects from the OEP/Recreate. Its a typical reaction to have excessive hunger after an extended cycle of fat burners
                  • Rossco
                    August 11, 2011

KevO is on the ball there, also on another point "self discipline", just because you feel like those foods and lots of them doesnt meen you have to eat them...
                  • chagopian10
                    August 11, 2011

I totally agree with the both of you its just once I came off it I didn't have the cravings or desire to eat. But it is a good product for a bunch of a people it just didn't work for me
                  • druski189
                    (0)
                    August 11, 2011

Dude it the oxyelite...when you get off that ***..u wanna eat everything u can fine

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.