Craze Reviews

By: Driven Sports

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #21 of 219 (better than 91%) in

Craze is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Driven Sports. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

nickyfondz
  November 12, 2013

I just began posting reviews on SR, but I am hoping to give some good information. I have taken Jack3d (all 3), C4 (both), ON PRE, Assault, Pre Jym and many others like this.

This product lasted me about a month. This was due to me taking 2 scoops per workout. I used it about 4 times per week. I tried 1 scoop and 1.5 scoops prior and was not happy with it. This review will be based on 2 scoops of Craze. This is the most the container says that you should take.

At the time, I was mid-way through my cut. I was in a calorie deficit and needed something to give me that extra energy. The first workout I tried while taking Craze was the deadlift. Here's how the product was throughout the rest of my cut.

Price/Value: 7/10"¨"¨
This product is just around $40 per 45 serving container. This seems like a very good price, but taking 2 scoops per workout changes that. This leads it to being $40 per 22.5 serving container. This price is not ridiculous if it were an absolutely great product. Being a slightly above average product, the price was a little much for me.

Mixability: 7/10
It mixed pretty well, but not perfectly. I was left with a small amount of residue on the bottom. There were no chunks, but definitely not a perfectly clean mix. Nothing to really worry about with this.
"¨"¨
Taste: 5/10
"¨I had the grape flavor. It almost tasted like cough medicine. Again, not a terrible taste, but not the best one I've ever had. If you are taking it for the effects, then taste isn't an issue anyway. I like to enjoy my PWO while I'm drinking it, which is why this category may be a little low."¨"¨

Energy: 8/10
"¨Two scoops is equivalent to about 160-170mg of caffeine. Not a ridiculous amount for a PWO, but pretty average. Energy was pretty high and very clean throughout the entire workout. No crash at the end. I would say that this is definitely the best part of this PWO. It does what it is made to do."¨"¨ I am used to taking a lot of caffeine, so this category may be higher for someone that is caffeine sensitive.

Overall: 7/10"¨
This product gets the job done. It's simple. It does not have the frills of being a great tasting PWO or being ridiculously inexpensive, but it does work. I was expecting more because of some of the stellar reviews that I had read about this product.

One thing that I did not notice with this product was the "Insane Focus" that many people described. I did not feel anything different from the regular/average PWO. Many people have told me they did, but based on my personal experiences there was nothing special. I did not feel any negative side effects from this product. With a little more caffeine, I believe this product has the potential to be much higher up on my list.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Small Serving Size
  • No Upset Stomach
  • No Crash
  • Crazy Energy
  • Need 2 Scoops
Victor123897
  August 8, 2013

I'll start off this review by giving some background about my self.
This is the first review I have ever posted on supplement reviews, and I made this account for the sole purpose of reviewing this product so others don't make the same mistake I did. I have used a variety of pre workouts ( assault original, bull nox, d stunner, NO explode, jack3d c4 ETC) every pre workout was better than craze

TASTE: 1 out of 10
The taste of this pre workout was by far the Lworst I have ever tasted. I could not sip it it tasted so awful, I literally took shots of it to get it over with quickly. It tastes good at first but then the after taste seems like chemical waste. Literally seemed like I drank chemicals.

Mix ability: 5 out of 10
The pre workout needs to shaken up to mix well. When I tried to mix it with a fork or something along those lines it wouldn't mix well and just settle at the bottom.

Value: 7 out of 10
This is the best thing that craze has, I got 45 servings for 40$ although the effect seemed almost completely void.

Effect: 3 out of 10
Of all the pre workouts I've tried this has to be the worst in terms of pumps and concentration and overall effect. I took 1 and a half scoops to start and felt absolutely nothing. The next workout I took 2 and felt a slight increase in energy. Not my ability to lift more weight. Simply an increase in my time at the gym. The next workout I took 3 scoops and felt again a sustained continuous energy, I was able to stay at the gym for longer. This was the best effect of craze. Besides this, the "come on" to craze was not noticeable. With all other pre workouts i can distinctly feel when they start ingesting and flowing through my system, with craze i just felt the same as I always do. Completely natural. Next the pump, the pump felt just natural... This pre workout was the worst I've ever tried.

In conclusion I would never purchase this pre workout again.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Small Serving Size
  • Seemingly Unlimited Endurance
  • No Crash
  • No Beta-alanine
  • Awkward Aftertaste
  • Hard Time Sleeping
  • Inhibits Hunger
  • Dry Throat
  • Loss Of Quality Of Sleep
TheSirow
  June 23, 2013

Taste/Mix.:(7/10)

Good mixability, but still has a little res at the bottom at times, I had the pineapple flavor it was great tasting

Effectiveness:(9/10)

This Stuff Is great I take 2 scoops in the am and it last's me all through my workout and then some, I workout at 11am and then after working out I go to my job and work 12 hour shifts and then workout again after work never crashed I only take it in the am and last forever and never had a crash what so ever

Side Effects: Only thing I had was dry mouth which isn't that bad anyways if you drink water all the time, I do see other people say they have had bad dreams and anger problems on this but I have never ran into any of these and I have been through like 3+ bottles over the year and half

Price 9/10 this stuff isn't the highest pricest out there but isn't the cheapest either, but it is cheap and better then alote out there that I have tried that coasted way more

OverAll: 9/10 this stuff is the best I have tried and I have tried alote like jack3d, jack3d micro, NO explode, C4 and so on and this hands down beats them all

ps this is my first review on here so if I missed some thing just let me know and I will touch up on what I can as of questions and so on
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Mental Stimulation
  • Insane Focus
  • Seemingly Unlimited Endurance
  • Tunnel Vision
  • No Upset Stomach
  • No Crash
AdamSam
  May 23, 2013

I have been through about a tub and a half of Driven Sports Craze pre work out. I must say, it is probably the best pre work out there, if not one of the best. This is my first review, so sorry if its not the greatest

Effectiveness (9) - I take a scoop, to two scoops of craze 30 minutes before my work out. It gives me everything I need. There is no tingly ness in my fingers, which throws me off my work out trying to get over them. Its a clean focused energy that helps you push for that one more rep that you want. It helps you zone in on pushing yourself to the limit, where your muscles are screaming to push it farther.

Taste (6) - I personally don't like the taste of any pre work outs. This one has a bearable taste that I can handle to drink. But if your looking for a pre workout with great taste. I don't think you'll find one. This isn't a protein powder I'm talking about. Its a pre work out.

Value (8) - I buy the 45 serving tub from bodybuilding.com for 30$, and its worth the price. The scoop size varies for me because of just how I feel each day. Sometimes your more tired than others, so 2 helps. Each tub last around a month and a half to 2, which is great. 50 cents a day isn't bad at all.

Overall (9) - You may ask how its overall 9 when the taste is so bad. I don't count the taste. I'm not looking for Kool-Aid or Crystal Light. I want a pre workout that will get me pumped and focused. One special thing about this pre workout, that I don't know where to fit in. Is the aggressiveness you gain. It helps you push more weight out. Feeling stronger all around. It will be my pre work out for a while to come.

On a side note relating to the aggressiveness, be careful when taking it. I personally felt for agitated and easily angered after it kicked in. I don't suggest taking it if your already an aggressive person. Cheers.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Mental Stimulation
  • Insane Focus
  • Seemingly Unlimited Endurance
  • No Crash
  • Crazy Energy
  • Aggressiveness
Cristianabol
  April 27, 2013

After DMAA-based formulas were banned from the market I was trying to find a product that was as effective as Crack from Revolutions Nutrition.
Months passed and I was using only caffeine pills or coffee as a preworkout.

Then I heard of a new formula called Craze.
Well I had my doubts about it, but after reading reviews and hearing my friends' opinion of the product I decided to order some.

So now I've uset a couple of tubs with . They will not be the last ones, here's why:

Dosing:(10/10)
1-2 scoops before working out. Not bad.
Mixability is good.

Taste:
(6/10)Berry Lemonade and Candy Grape: quite bitter, but I can handle it, got used to it after a while.

(8/10)Strawberry Swirl: I actually think this is quite good, though bitter like the previous ones.

Effectiveness:(9/10)
So I started with 2 scoops straight away, which was good dosing for me.
Using this product too often (more than 3 days a week) will build up tolerance, but using it 2-3 times a week seems to work just fine.

If I use it too often I get almost nothing out of it, but when using just two or three times a week it's like I never want to leave the gym, focus is awesome and I feel like there's almost no need for rest between sets.
I feel like I can do anything.

Value: (9/10)
The price is OK for a product that delivers.

Overall:(9/10)
The best preworkout supp I've used.
No crash, no side-effects.
I highly recommend this product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Mental Stimulation
  • Insane Focus
  • Seemingly Unlimited Endurance
  • Small Serving Size
  • Tunnel Vision
  • No Crash
HedgeSonic
  April 10, 2013

Craze is a strong pre workout and I thoroughly enjoyed using it.

It provided great energy, focus and endurance. I bought this when it first came out and it was amazing but for some reason as of recent the past couple tubs didn't have the same feeling. I might have built a tolerance to it or maybe they changed the formula? Not sure which way to go because I did have a month or so break between each tub.

Taste:
I purchase Grape flavor which tasted ok. The taste is strong and overwhelming but that's how pre workouts go. Consume it quick and fast. After taste was awful, chase it down with some water and all ok. (7/10)

Mixability
In terms of mixing the product, I did not see any clumps or particles settling down at the bottom of the shaker bottle.9/10

Value:
The value was good for me because I bought mine online on bodybuilding.com. The Tub has 45 servings, but I was scooping couple. (9/10)

Craze was very effective when it came to the work out (first tub). Good boost of energy minutes after taking it, nice focus and strong drive.

Overall:
It's one of the better pre workouts out there. The downside is the taste which is my major concern and my tolerance to the product. I will continue to use it to achieve my goals. Hopefully next tub gives me the kick like the first one.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Mental Stimulation
  • Insane Focus
  • Tunnel Vision
  • No Upset Stomach
  • Crazy Energy
chumpchange
  March 31, 2013

Finally posting my review on Craze. went through a tub towards the end of last year with some mixed results. alot of the things people rave about it were true for me; no jitters, very alert, focused, etc. i also experienced most of the side effects; weird dreams, mild depression, and cotton mouth. this is a hard one to review because what it does well, it does really well, but the side effects may not be worth it for you.

here's the breakdown

-taste 3.4/10
went with the grape. bad mistake. i have heard since that grape is easily the worst flavor so if you are going to try this, get anything else besides grape. half way through the tub i started watering it down more and adding some mio to try and mask the flavor a bit. that helped some.

-effectiveness 7.6/10
this was hard for me to put a number on. some of the things you get/feel from other pwo's/stimulants you don't get with craze. you do get a distinct sense of alertness/tunnel vision that is hard to describe. i also noticed the effects later in my workout more than at the start of it. i also do not remember ever experiencing a crash with this pwo so if you workout in the AM before work that might be a big plus. no beta alanine tingling though, but beta alanine is such a cheap supplement, just buy your own and add a couple grams yourself if you want BA.

-side effects 4.3/10
so yeah here they are...

*cotton mouth
i would get cotton mouth every single time i drank craze, wan't ubareable or anything, just made sure i drank plenty of water and it would pass. not sure if that is directly from the flavoring or if it's from something else.

*dreams
i had heard people mentioning this when i was reading reviews early on and it was very true for me. TMW said in their video review keith had a dream of "spotted cats eating people" or something like that. that sounds about right. i had a dream i was driving on the interstate and everyone was getting sucked up by tornadoes. then another night i had a dream that the virus from 28 days later got out and people's heads were exploding. i'm telling you, it's funny to talk about but you will have some seriously messed up dreams. you've been warned

*depression
this one wasn't too bad for me actually, but alot of people say they experience an increase in depression while taking craze. having those weird dreams might fall into the same category though so if you have any history of depression you should probably stay away.

not knocking the side effects too low, only because the depression wasn;t too bad for me and that one seems like it would be the most serious. the cotton mouth was a pain but like i said, drinking a ton of water helps keep this at bay.

-value 7.6/10
it's not really cheap, but not any more expensive than most other PWO's out there. i think i paid around 30$ at the time.

OVERALL: 6.9/10

if it weren't for some of the side effects, and maybe a slightly lower price point, as well as a flavor other than grape, i might have scored this higher.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Mental Stimulation
  • No Crash
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Small Serving Size
  • Seemingly Unlimited Endurance
  • Insane Focus
  • Dry Throat
  • Awful Sleep
  • Loss Of Quality Of Sleep
  • Crazy Ass Dreams Bro
hock93
  March 17, 2013

This is my first review on SR and I decided to go with my favorite PWO to date: Craze by Driven Sports. I have used six or seven other preworkouts but this one definitely takes that cake.

While using this as a preworkout I stacked it with Hemavol by IForce.

Taste/Mixability: (8/10)

I used Berry Lemonade Craze and the flavor was strong and tart/sweet. I thought it tasted pretty good, kind of a like a strong Crystal Light. Not great, but not bad either. I certainly didn't dread taking it before each of my workouts. As for mixing, I never had any problems with clumping, and with with a few seconds of shaking it dissolved completely.

Ingredient Profile: (8.5/10)

I don't like that there is a prop. blend as I would like to know how much creatine and a caffeine I am consuming with each scoop. I also don't like that there is no beta-alanine in this product. Not a huge deal but it would be nice to see it in there. I do like that it has citrulline and vitamin c however, and obviously what makes Craze so great, the dendrobex.

Effectiveness: (9.5/10)

Without a doubt this has given me the best focus and motivation of any preworkout I have taken (neurcore, 1MR, razor 8 blast powder, etc.) and also gives me plenty of energy to blast through each set. I had never experience tunnel vision until I used this product. All I could think about was lifting and nothing else. Be sure to bring headphones while using this, because you aren't going to want to talk to anyone. I also saw a noticeable increase in endurance as I just didn't get tired while working out.

Pump: (8/10?): I definitely had insane pumps and vascularity while using this product, but I was also using Hemavol at the time so I can't say exactly how much of the pump can be attributed to Craze.

Side Effects: (3/10): The first couple days of using this product I had a lot of trouble sleeping that night even though I used it early in the day. This did go away after the first couple days however. While working out my mouth was really dry and I was sweating a lot. Not a big deal as drinking more water fixed the problem. I also noticed increased anxiety while using this. I have always had anxiety issues but this made them at least a little bit worse, at least more so than other preworkouts have. It is a stimulant though, so I guess it's to be expected.

Value: (8/10): Using two scoops of this gets you 22.5 servings and will last about a month. I got it for 32.95 so it was about 1.46 a serving. This isn't horrible but it isn't great either. I definitely wouldn't mind it being a bit cheaper. That being said it was still a fantastic product, and I will definitely be using it again.

Overall: (9.2/10): This isn't a perfect product but it's pretty darn close and is by far my favorite preworkout. I highly recommend this to anyone that has not tried it. You won't regret it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Mental Stimulation
  • Crazy Energy
  • No Crash
  • No Upset Stomach
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Seemingly Unlimited Endurance
  • Increased Anxiety
RobertMc1982
  March 3, 2013

Hi, I chose Craze as my first review since it kind of took me by surprise. I have tried numerous pre-workouts and I typically prefer the more stim-heavy ones such as Neurocore, original Jack3d, ACG3, and ON Platinum Pre to name a few. Craze, however, has made me rethink my criteria for judging products from this category, especially in regards to their effects on focus, mood, and mind-muscle connection.

How I used this:
I played around with different dosages, and found that two full scoops about 20 minutes pre-workout on an empty stomach usually gave me the best effects. Towards the end of the tub, I had to bump up the dosage to 2 1/2 scoops. I also used it in lieu of coffee or energy drinks at work because the increased motivation and focus really helped me be more productive. I work in a busy warehouse, so this was really nice.

Ingredients: 9/10

My only complaint is that it's a proprietary blend. However, it does what it is supposed to do, so I can't complain too much. I do wish they would at least disclose the amount of caffeine, though. Also, some may be disappointed with the absence of beta alanine, but I honestly didn't notice any less endurance and it was nice to not itch like crazy the first half of my workouts. I do like the addition of vitamin C. Basically, most of the effects seem to come from various alkaloids derived from the dendrobium extract, which will effect different people in different ways. Here is the profile:

45 Servings Berry Lemonade
Supplement Facts
Serving Size:1Heaping Scoop(5.8grams)
Servings Per Container:45

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin C (Asorbic Acid) 250mg 417%"¡
Kinesisâ„¢ Proprietary Blend 4,580mg *

Creatine Monohydrate, Trimethylglycine (Betaine Anhydrous), L-Citrulline, Dendrobexâ„¢ (Dendrobium Extract) (Stem) (Concentrated For Alkaloid Content Including Dendrobine, Dendroxine, Dendramine, B-Phenylethylamine, N,N-Dimethyl-B-Phenylethylamine, And N,N-Diethyl-B-Phenylethylamine), B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Citramineâ„¢ (Citrus Reticulata Extract) (Fruit) (Concentrated For N-Methyltyramine Content), Caffeine Anhydrous

Taste: 8/10
I had the berry lemonade flavor, and I thought it was pretty good. Just the right mix of tart and sweet. It mixes well, but since the scoop is pretty small, most times I just put two scoops of dry powder straight into my mouth and chased it with water.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10
Like I said in the first paragraph, I was surprised here. When I first took it, I tried 1 1/2 scoops and didn't feel the familiar "rush" from caffeine/dmaa that I'm used to, and I was a little disappointed at first. I am overdue for a stim break, and figured my tolerance was just too high. I took another full scoop about 15 minutes later, and left my house to drive to the gym. On my way there, I noticed a subtle feeling of calmness and well-being, almost to the point of a mild euphoria. I started smiling and was amused for no apparent reason, I was just really happy about being on my way to work out. I had chest that day, and my workout was great. I felt energized with no jitters, and I was very "dialed in" for each exercise, really focused on each contraction. I guess this was from the denbrobium extract. It lasted for about an hour, which is roughly the length of my workout. This was nice too, since I workout in the evenings (or mornings if I am on night shift). I didn't have any trouble going to sleep about two hours after I got back home. This was typical for each time I took it. The only reason I couldn't give it a perfect 10 is because I did have to go over the recommended dosage about halfway through the tub, but this could just be due to my stim tolerant. I stuck to 2 scoops for a while, but I eventually needed a little more. All in all, a very good product; it does what it is advertised to do. I really enjoyed the smooth ramp-up of clean energy. Even if you are looking for a more stim-heavy product, this may be worth a go if you have the money. You may be surprised as I was.

It seems like the average price found online is around $34 for a 45 serving container, which isn't bad. However, if you are like me and need to take 2 or more servings, it cuts into the value pretty quickly. Still, it lasted about as long as any other pre workout I've tried, so I think the price is fair. I was fortunate enough to get mine for free from a friend/coworker. He was using some other things at the time, and knew I wanted to try it. Now having tried it, I would feel good spending $35 - $40 for it. I really enjoyed it, and will buy it in the not-too-distant future.

Great stuff. If you decide to try it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I hope this helps. Thanks.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Mental Stimulation
  • Small Serving Size
  • No Upset Stomach
  • No Crash
  • Mind-muscle Connection
    Faymus
      March 2, 2013

Let me first say, Craze is about the fifth pre-workout I have given a chance with. Thankfully I will no longer be needing any other pre-workouts after this.

I want to share with you a recent experience I had just about 2-3 days ago. I went to the gym about 45 minutes to an hour after my whey shake, and started to workout. I had noticed something a bit strage that I hadn't for a long time. It was a simple lack of motivation. One thing you should know about me is that I almost NEVER lack motivation to go to the gym. The gym, sadly to some, is my life, and I live for going to the gym at night. As you can imagine I was sitting on the lat pull-down machine and I couldn't really tell what was wrong with me. I just felt a bit strange and not like I normally did when I was at the gym. I was pulling and struggling a bit more than I typically would and it was making my motivation lack even more. It then struck me. I forgot to take my Craze. Everything made sense at that point, and it hit me that the Craze really improves my gym experience more than I had originally thought it did.

It's hard for me to review this product because I feel as though no matter how hard I try I won't be able to explain how great this product has been to me. To some, relying on a pre-workout may be a bad thing, but to me, I could care less as I enjoy having an extra boost in the gym.

I have been taking craze now for a good 5 months, possibly more.

Here is how things stand for me:

Effectiveness - 10/10
    As a note, I take 2 scoops. Nothing will ever compare to this pre-workout for me. I have tried numerous products before this and although some may have worked, none have matched up to the quality boost I get from Craze. Some boosted me quite well though may have not worked as well after a few weeks. Craze has never let me down and it still works just as good as it did from day one. The effect I get from this product is one that I can no longer live without and I am extremely grateful to have found this product.

Taste - 4/10
    Alright, so I have been talking highly of Craze for a while now, but this is where things start to get a little iffy. The taste is absolutely horrid. I honestly cannot stress how tough your taste buds are going to have to be to take this down. I try to put the least amount of water I can just to mix perfectly to the point where I can just down it in a few seconds while cringing after it is all finished. I have given every flavor a try and to be honest, they are all almost equally as bad as the rest, so I won't be rating them separately. If you want a slight edge in taste go for the berry lemonade.

Value - 7/10
    I am not too keen on spending money since I am quite the cheapskate. The problem I have is that I love this stuff so much that I have to buy it over and over again before it runs out. It is really hard for me to give this a 7/10 simply because I feel as though I am being unfair because I almost rely on this stuff now to get through my workouts. I however must give this a 7/10 because others out there may consider this to be an optional supplement in their regime and may opt for a cheaper alternative. Let me say this, it is worth every penny however it is one of those things where it does add up over time to a point where it is almost like an addiction, and you MUST part with your money for it. You pay a lot for not too many servings but hey, I can't complain, I need this stuff!

Lastly I want to go ahead and mention that if you try to sleep after taking this stuff, you might as well not even bother going to the bedroom and even trying. I take this stuff at around 1-3am because that is around when I go to workout and when I get home, it doesn't matter if I haven't slept all day, I can stay up for a good 5 extra hours at least with no problem. It keeps me wide awake. It may be a bad thing for some people however I enjoy being able to go home and work online with that extra focus.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Incredible Mental Stimulation
    • Insane Focus
    • Tunnel Vision
    • No Upset Stomach
    • No Crash
    • Crazy Energy
    • Hard Time Sleeping

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.