Monster Pump

By: Cytosport

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 5

Ranks #34 of 47 (better than 28%) in
Pre-Workout > Pump

Monster Pump is a Pump Product manufactured by Cytosport. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

mackdaddy567

Monster Pump

Taste 5/10 Fruit Punch

I have only tried the fruit punch flavor and honestly it wasn't great and almost bland. It really doesn't have much flavor. It doesn't' t taste bad in anyway it's just wasn't like other pre-workouts that I would look forward to drinking before training. I often would find myself mixing in some mio or crystal light to actually give this stuff some flavor.

Mixing 6/10
Monster pump doesn't mix very well. This product leaves lots of film and creates a volcano of foam. I would mix it up in a shaker, drink it, then add water to wash off the residue and drink again. I'm not sure why this product foams so much but I would guess it is the soluble corn fiber that is used in the powder. While this keeps the product low in carbs (2 grams per scoop) it may cause this. The mixability of this product could improve but having said that it doesn't have any floaters at the top as many BCAA products do so don't worry there is none of that with this product.

Profile 8/10

This product has a pretty damn good list of ingredients that are dosed effectively. In fact the main reason I decided to buy this product over countless others was because of its low price and its ingredient profile. At one scoop this wont Pack a huge punch but at two it hit me hard. At two scoops you get 4 grams l-arginine, 3 grams of l-citrulline, 2 grams beta-alanine, 3 grams Creapure creatine monohydrate, 3 grams of Leucine peptides, 300 mgs caffeine and a few other goodies.

These doses will be affective in improving performance, pumps, and aiding in muscle building. I am also very pleased to see that all of the ingredient are listed and their amounts are given. Proprietary blends are devious in nature and I am not a fan of them. Although I can say some companies use it to genuinely protect the formula they have invested heavily in so I can understand that. The only reason this product is not a 10 in this category is because a product can always be better and in this case adding some more beta-alanine and creatine would erase the need to further supplement it. Also adding some agmatine or glycerol and removing the l-arginine could make it a bit more effective as a pump priduct. But that is just my preference.

Effectiveness 7/10
This product did help me get some great pumps and provided me with ample energy but I never got the lazer focus that I relieved from other Pre workouts like Myo-Blitz and Pump hd. So I would say it lacks a bit in that way. I also never was pumped out of my mind like I have been when using products like Hemavol by I force. I had no negative unwanted effects but since there is caffeine in this product a trip to the bathroom before your workout is not something that should be surprising as caffeine is a natural laxative.

Value 8/10
I enjoyed this product even more because I got it for a low price. I paid about 60 cents a scoop. At this price I would buy it again and I often see it for less than a dollar a scoop, which is a pretty fair price for all that you get in this product. If you're on a budget this product would be a good option because with it you get a solid dose of creatine monohydrate. Anyone looking to build muscle should be taking creatine monohydrate and two scoops of this everyday would provide a sufficient amount of creatine while also being an effective Pre workout and beta alanine supplement.

Overall 7.5/10
Solid product with a sufficient amount of pump, muscle building, and energy supplements. Could mix better and provide more focus but it delivers a good bang for your buck. I recommend buying this product with another pre-workout because the bland taste can get to you after a while and you may welcome a change even if it is only for a day. This stacks well with Hemavol by I force or Testogen XR by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. Those are both non stimulant pump products that will greatly increase the pump effect of this product.

I recommend this product for anyone who is interested in a pre-workout product that is affordable, low carb, and contains quality ingredients in respectable amounts.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Side Effects
  • Good Pumps
  • Low Price
  • Bland Taste

• jpount

Good review.

Agree that at one scoop, you're not getting the benefits/the right dosages. You do, however, notice an incredible difference when you 'up' it to two scoops.

I'm actually quite stim tolerant, but at two scoops this really sends me flying to the point that I had to cut it back to one and a half, because my heartbeat intensified when I'd follow my workouts with some cardio.
  • pudgusky
    August 7, 2013

Very good review. I'll certainly be checking this out when I'm done with my current pre, or if I spot it on sale.
  • mackdaddy567
    August 7, 2013

@jpount. Hate when that happens as it can often ruin a workout. I always take a more mild stim before legs because I have had that increased heart rate happen to the point where I actually have to stop training. I have some N.O Xplode caffeine free coming today and I'm looking forward to using a scoop of this with it!
  • mackdaddy567

@pudgusky
    Thank you. This product is worth a shot for sure and usually it can be found online for pretty cheap. I believe I got mine at allstarthealth.com, lockoutsupplements.com, or muscleandstrength.com.

I recommend buying this with another type of pre-workout product. The taste can get bland and you may want a break from it after a week of using it.
kohdii
  February 17, 2010

Taste - Taste and texture was very chalky and very bitter and odd. I got sour grape and it was very difficult to drink, it tasted very harsh.
Side effects - Diarrhea.
Overall effects - It gave nothing special in terms of energy, only made me lose sleep. No pumps that I noticed, and no mental stimulation at all. Very disappointed in this over-hyped product.
I would not recommend this product to anybody, its pricey and ineffective. But that was my personal experience.
  • Sleep Loss

• BrooklynBuff
    February 17, 2010

Dam dude everthing seems to give you the hershey highway!
Lorenz0
  December 2, 2010

This is one of my favorite all around pre- workout that i've tried. It is best to be taken on a empty stomache ( due to the # of carbs) and is great on taste:)

Price- 9/10
I got this on sale last black friday for $20. It came with 30 servings so overall was a great deal.

Taste- 9/10

This is probably my favorite tasting pre- workout that i have tried. I had the sour grape, it was chalky but was still very good:)

Effectiveness- 8/10

This was not the strongest pre- workout that i have tried but was very good on focus and pump. It has 25 grams of carbs so you endurance will last quite awhile. This also has 200mg of caffeine in it so the energy was their for about 2 weeks and slowly disapeared.

Mixability 7/10

This is the only con about this product.. It is very hard to mix even with numerous shakes from the old blender bottle, but it the taste makes up for the mixability. It also pops the lids off your shaker cup whenever your done shaking:(

Overall 8/10

This product is great to start as a first p.w. supplement to take on a bulk cycle. Though it lacks on the energy and mixability the massive pumps, endurance, great taste, and focus make this product a solid 8/10:)

BigDMoney
  November 9, 2010

i recently got this at GNC and it was close dated 75% off to like $12 so i was like what tha heck. I can say this it a solid product. did one scoop and felt the energy kick in pretty quickly. The pumps were definitely there. Not the best ive ever had but descent. The taste was ok. Ive seen alot of people say its horrible but it was palatable to me. Liked that it had WM in it. Definitely worth it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Energy
  • Good Pumps
  • Focus

alxcovers
  October 7, 2009

I picked this pre-workout to try because I wanted something to stack with Kre-Alkalyn EFX for a pre-workout, and almost all pre-workouts have some kind of creatine in them. In this one it has Kre-Alkalyn so I figured it would be a good choice to see how that kind effects my body.
This stuff was pretty good for a pre-workout drink. 30 bucks is a decent price for a pre-workout. It tastes great, I even mixed it with Blue G2 once and it tasted really good in that too. It gave me decent focus in the weight room. I also like the fact that it has some waxy maize in it for carbs, since I work out in the morning during my first hour strength/conditioning class and my breakfast is 1.5 hrs earlier (Scoop of whey and banana or chewy bar to keep it light) After a little over a month I have put on 4 lbs from this stack along with a high protein diet, and it's muscle, as my abs are still just as visible as before I started taking this. It doesn't put water weight on you. I have kept a journal of my progress so far on the site. My strength went up almost immediately the first day I took this with the EFX.
A few things I don't like about this product- You have to mix it with 16-20 oz of water which seems too much to me. It also doesn't mix very well, there are white floaties at the bottom that don't ever dissolve you have to swirl around and choke down. The scoop of this product is HUGE. I'd say about twice as big as a typical whey scooper. I'd like one that is a smaller dose. I have used 20 scoops of it and the stuff is gone, where it says 30 scoops on the container. You also have to shake the container every day because It has whiter and darker portions of the powder which settle very easily. Also I wish the stims were a little stronger some days.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tasted Good
  • No Side Effects
  • Decent Energy
  • Good Pumps
  • Didn't Mix Very Well
  • Hard To Mix

• alxcovers
    October 7, 2009

Forgot to mention this stuff releases a lot of carbonation when you shake it and will blow the lid off of a shaker

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.