Monster Milk Reviews

By: Cytosport

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #10 of 68 (better than 87%) in
Protein > Blended Protein

Monster Milk is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Cytosport. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.
(Amount not disclosed)

Concentrated milk product that contains 40-90% protein that contains micellar casein, whey proteins, and bioactive proteins in the same ratio found in milk.

(Amount not disclosed)

Contains a minimum of 90% protein composed of casein and whey proteins typically used in protein powders and bars.

July 15, 2012

Monster Milk....Good? Bad? Well, how about we go through it like a true supplement enthusiast should, shall we?

For those of you who've been following my log featuring lecheek's AD-3 pct, I incorporated Monster Milk about 2 1/2 weeks back after no longer being able to tolerate the ill-effects of myofusion probiotic series ( Why Gaspari...Why? ). While I will miss the original myofusion greatly, monster milk has been an effective and suitable replacement. The taste, effectiveness, and ingredients are superb. However, as with most supplements I take, the only downfall is the value as this stuff is somewhat pricey.

Taste/Mixability (9): I have used only the Milk Chocolate and chocolate mint flavors and both are phenomenally delicious. Might try the Mocha latte or cake batter flavors as my next flavors of choice. As for mixability, the shake does get a little thick at times but not to the point where it feels like you are trying to down mud.

Ingredient Profile: (10)

Leucine Peptides (PepFormâ„¢) 3g **
Creatine Monohydrate (Creapure®) 3g **
Betaine Anhydrous 2g **
Aminogen® (Digestive Enzymes) 250mg **
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Percent Daily Values not established.
Other Ingredients:
Monster Milk Sustained Release Protein Blend (Milk Protein Concentrate And/Or Isolate, Micellar Casein, Calcium Sodium Caseinate), Monster Milk Rapid Release Protein Blend (Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Lactoferrin), Lean Lipids (Sunflower Oil, Canola Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides), Soluble Corn Fiber, Maltodextrin, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Fructo-Oligosaccharides, Potassium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Sucralose, Stevia (Rebiana), Soy Lecithin.

Two scoops of this gives you plenty of multi-source protein, glutamine, good amount of BCAA, an even creatine mono with betaine. A superior ingredient profile indeed.

Effectiveness (10): Monster milk is an excellent asset as an overall protein and recovery based supplement. The way I primarily used monster milk was that I would almost always divide the servings. As opposed to two scoops at once, I would take one scoop about three times a day. Taking in all of the protein, creatine, etc., from two scoops seems overwhelming. I virtually never took a full two scoop serving because I also had aftershock and modern bcaa to supplement the miscellaneous ingredients. It would've definitely been overkill to take the full serving twice a day as opposed to spreading it out.

Stacked with aftershock, modern bcaa, t-up black, AD-3, and myovite, monster milk superbly catalyzed my recovery to the point where soreness and post-workout fatigue were things of the past. In addition, I can definitely say that this has helped me gain some muscle mass by providing my muscles with plenty of extra building material. The additional fiber also helped keep me regular as opposed to myofusion ps which had my brownie gun shooting rpg's every hour.

Value (5): *Sigh* Why does the good stuff always have to be so damn expensive? The list price for a 4.13 lbs tube is 55-65 dollars for 24 two scoop servings. Expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? Definitely do some shopping around. My local hometown supplement store hooked me up with both a 2 lbs and 4.13 lbs tubs for roughly 55 dollars. Considering that a biiger tube alone cost more than that, I'd say that is as sweet a deal as they come.

Overall (8): Overall, Monster milk gets a solid 8 out of 10. It greatly improves recovery and will help put on some solid muscle mass provided you have an intensive training routine and proper diet going. Nevertheless, the price is going to burn a hole in your bank account if you don't do some major price comparisons.

• Taste
  • Effective
  • Has Fiber!
  • Gain Muscle
  • Gain Strength
  • Creapure
  • Thick At Times
  • Can Be Hard To Mix At Times
  March 8, 2011

I am a fan of Cytosort protein products I have to say and this was no different. I hate to put it like this but I am always looking to put on size and strength and I ran MM two weeks before I cycled off creatine since there is a little Kre-aklyn in it. With this protein (along with a strenuous workout plan and diet) I started this "bulking cycle" around 180lbs when this tub was finished I was 186lbs so I can't complain. The taste is fantastic I used the chocolate and I actually looked foward to my shake at night. Another thing since I mainly drink my shakes at night I'm lookign for a protein blend not Just Whey and this product had a pretty good blend of 50g which is perfect. The Amino content is pretty decent, I prefer my protein with more carbs and calories but this isn't a gainer so I really can't *** about that. Another thing that was relatively different was the decent content of fiber in each shake. The fat content was a little high but like I said I am constantly going for Mass and Strength fat content isn't really a big deal to me. So in the end I can't complain I'm very satisfied the only complaint I even have is the price other than that if I can get my hands on this stuff at a discount rate I'll do it everytime.
  • Taste
  • Effective
  • Has Fiber!
  • Kre Alk
  May 1, 2010

This product is a good product that is definitely an improvement from Cytosport's Muscle Milk, they have added Kre alk which can be good or bad depending if you are on a cycle off of creatine.

Taste: The taste is amazing, I've had chocolate and vanilla. I loved chocolate but Vanilla got old very fast. The shake is very creamy, and a little bit too thick but you will get used to it. To me, it doesn't taste as good as Muscle Milk, the taste is different but its definitely good.

Results: They have added kre alk and it works well, the profile for BCAA's is very good and there is little sugar. It is still higher in fats compared to most proteins but definitely less than Muscle Milk. They have also seemed to improve the protein source in this protein since it does not give me gas or diarrhea. I gained about 5 lbs off of this product, some of it fat. So be careful, this product will pack a hefty punch in terms of weight gain.

Side effects: None that I experienced, unless you consider fat gain a side effect. I believe it is inevitable with a protein that is higher in fats.

I stacked this with Cell mass, and a Multi vitamin.

Value: Value is pretty bad, I bought a tub that was close to expiration date for almost 70 bucks..ridiculous. The tubs full price at GNC for 5lbs are 100. So definitely mind where you shop for this at. In general there are better choices out there.

In general its a good protein that works very well, but the price will definitely keep most away from buying it unless you find a bargain online somewhere. I'd still recommend it for the results though if you are looking to pack on some mass.
  • Taste
  • Effective
  • Has Fiber!
  • Kre Alk
  • Very Thick
  August 17, 2009

This stuff is loaded with all the goodies! Tons of BCAA's, fiber, eaa's and glutamine exactly what you need to build muscle. Alot more benifical than Muscle Milk! I you are trying to gain mass and strengh this is definitely for you. I took 2 scoops about 2 hours before i lifted to keep my body anabolic. Tastes pretty good too.

Copyright © 2015 All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.