Monster Milk

By: Cytosport

Monster Milk....Good? Bad? Well, how about we go through it like a true supplement enthusiast should, shall we?

For those of you who've been following my log featuring lecheek's AD-3 pct, I incorporated Monster Milk about 2 1/2 weeks back after no longer being able to tolerate the ill-effects of myofusion probiotic series ( Why Gaspari...Why? ). While I will miss the original myofusion greatly, monster milk has been an effective and suitable replacement. The taste, effectiveness, and ingredients are superb. However, as with most supplements I take, the only downfall is the value as this stuff is somewhat pricey.

Taste/Mixability (9): I have used only the Milk Chocolate and chocolate mint flavors and both are phenomenally delicious. Might try the Mocha latte or cake batter flavors as my next flavors of choice. As for mixability, the shake does get a little thick at times but not to the point where it feels like you are trying to down mud.

Ingredient Profile: (10)

Leucine Peptides (PepFormâ„¢) 3g **
Creatine Monohydrate (Creapure®) 3g **
Betaine Anhydrous 2g **
Aminogen® (Digestive Enzymes) 250mg **
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Percent Daily Values not established.
Other Ingredients:
Monster Milk Sustained Release Protein Blend (Milk Protein Concentrate And/Or Isolate, Micellar Casein, Calcium Sodium Caseinate), Monster Milk Rapid Release Protein Blend (Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Lactoferrin), Lean Lipids (Sunflower Oil, Canola Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides), Soluble Corn Fiber, Maltodextrin, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Fructo-Oligosaccharides, Potassium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Sucralose, Stevia (Rebiana), Soy Lecithin.

Two scoops of this gives you plenty of multi-source protein, glutamine, good amount of BCAA, an even creatine mono with betaine. A superior ingredient profile indeed.

Effectiveness (10): Monster milk is an excellent asset as an overall protein and recovery based supplement. The way I primarily used monster milk was that I would almost always divide the servings. As opposed to two scoops at once, I would take one scoop about three times a day. Taking in all of the protein, creatine, etc., from two scoops seems overwhelming. I virtually never took a full two scoop serving because I also had aftershock and modern bcaa to supplement the miscellaneous ingredients. It would've definitely been overkill to take the full serving twice a day as opposed to spreading it out.

Stacked with aftershock, modern bcaa, t-up black, AD-3, and myovite, monster milk superbly catalyzed my recovery to the point where soreness and post-workout fatigue were things of the past. In addition, I can definitely say that this has helped me gain some muscle mass by providing my muscles with plenty of extra building material. The additional fiber also helped keep me regular as opposed to myofusion ps which had my brownie gun shooting rpg's every hour.

Value (5): *Sigh* Why does the good stuff always have to be so damn expensive? The list price for a 4.13 lbs tube is 55-65 dollars for 24 two scoop servings. Expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? Definitely do some shopping around. My local hometown supplement store hooked me up with both a 2 lbs and 4.13 lbs tubs for roughly 55 dollars. Considering that a biiger tube alone cost more than that, I'd say that is as sweet a deal as they come.

Overall (8): Overall, Monster milk gets a solid 8 out of 10. It greatly improves recovery and will help put on some solid muscle mass provided you have an intensive training routine and proper diet going. Nevertheless, the price is going to burn a hole in your bank account if you don't do some major price comparisons.

TRAIN HARD BROSKIS!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gain Strength
  • Gain Muscle
  • Has Fiber!
  • Effective
  • Taste
  • Creapure

• inyamaboi
      July 15, 2012

Great review bro! But I heard the old formula was better though??
    • WarMachine
      July 15, 2012

Maybe the old formula was better but I never got to try it so I can't say for sure.
    • Maxima
      July 15, 2012

Nice review WarMachine! I love Monster Milk only problem is you need a blender it's so thick!
    • AS79
      July 15, 2012

I wont touch any cytosport protein after consumer reports found dangerous amouts of lead in muscle milk.
    • RonJon77
      July 15, 2012

Great review. I have been using Monster Milk for about a month and it's unreal. I use the full 2 scoops as a post shake and it kicks butt. What are you using for a pre workout supp?

This stuff is loaded with all the goodies! Tons of BCAA's, fiber, eaa's and glutamine exactly what you need to build muscle. Alot more benifical than Muscle Milk! I you are trying to gain mass and strengh this is definitely for you. I took 2 scoops about 2 hours before i lifted to keep my body anabolic. Tastes pretty good too.

This product is a good product that is definitely an improvement from Cytosport's Muscle Milk, they have added Kre alk which can be good or bad depending if you are on a cycle off of creatine.

Taste: The taste is amazing, I've had chocolate and vanilla. I loved chocolate but Vanilla got old very fast. The shake is very creamy, and a little bit too thick but you will get used to it. To me, it doesn't taste as good as Muscle Milk, the taste is different but its definitely good.

Results: They have added kre alk and it works well, the profile for BCAA's is very good and there is little sugar. It is still higher in fats compared to most proteins but definitely less than Muscle Milk. They have also seemed to improve the protein source in this protein since it does not give me gas or diarrhea. I gained about 5 lbs off of this product, some of it fat. So be careful, this product will pack a hefty punch in terms of weight gain.

Side effects: None that I experienced, unless you consider fat gain a side effect. I believe it is inevitable with a protein that is higher in fats.

I stacked this with Cell mass, and a Multi vitamin.

Value: Value is pretty bad, I bought a tub that was close to expiration date for almost 70 bucks..ridiculous. The tubs full price at GNC for 5lbs are 100. So definitely mind where you shop for this at. In general there are better choices out there.

In general its a good protein that works very well, but the price will definitely keep most away from buying it unless you find a bargain online somewhere. I'd still recommend it for the results though if you are looking to pack on some mass.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Kre Alk
    • Taste
    • Effective
    • Has Fiber!

I used Monster Milk last year while I was bulking and decided to use it again this year. I just finished a tub and I must say this product works and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

First, it mixes well in a shaker and I had no problem mixing it after my workouts. The first time i used it i gained alot of weight in over a month but felt a little too bulky and lost a little bit of definition, but i blame myself because i wasnt doing enough cardio. The second time i used it which is this past month I did more cardio while lifting and i gained about 5lbs, of solid muscle and look leaner than when i started. I also got stronger in all of my one rep lifts and can use a heavier weight while doing a lot of reps. I used chocolate and the taste was pretty good. My only complaint about this product is that it is really expensive and you'll go through it pretty quick. If you can afford it I would recommend giving it a try.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Gain Muscle
      • Gain Strength
      • Effective

My first review.
        Monster Milk tastes really good and gives you a good amount of protein for an MRP powder. Waxy maize carbs which are nice, but it's a bit of a pain to mix. Mixes very thick too which I like. Too expensive though.
        My first review.
         Cons:
        • Taste
        • Effective
        • Diabetic Friendly With 4g Sugar
        • Kre Alk

I finished my 2nd jug of monster milk. I like the tatse, but I don't think it works that great. I know protein can be a little tough on the stomach, but this seems to come right out. I don't think it really makes me feel "recovered" either. I am going to try plat hydro builder next. I do like the 50g protein though.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • 50g Proetin
          • Tastes Good

I've been taking Monster milk for over a year and I love this stuff. It can be a bit pricey but you can easily find it for under $30 if you shop online.

Great amount of Protein, carbs , BCAA's, and calories for building lean muscle. I attribute the 15lbs of lean dry MASS I've gained (in a year) to taking Monster milk along with my training.

Mixes...

Mixes easily with water and tastes pretty good too. No complaints here. I have recently added ON Pro Complex as well to the mix while bulking. MM is my wake n' shake in bulk cycles.
             Cons:
            • Taste
            • Effective
            • Has Fiber!
            • Kre Alk
            • Gain Muscle
            • Gain Strength
            • Tastes Good

• djwa80
                (0)
                September 16, 2011

Hi there got 1kg tub of this myself i am a bit worried as i cant find a best before date on it had 1 shake today it gave me stomach ache
              • SurForce
                September 16, 2011

Check for a date just above the bar code, should be a 2-digit month/2-digit year (07/09). Most protein powders have a shelf life of 2-3 yrs depending on storage conditions. If the shelf life is within range then I would say it might be due to this product being loaded with additional vitamins, minerals and extracts. Try with milk or even soy milk, may be more gently on the tummy.

I gave this product a 8 overall simply because of the price. With only 12 servings and a $50 price at storefronts (online is less, but still not awesome) I had to ding it two points. With that said, this is a great post workout product with a nice ingredient mix and lots of protein! The taste is also great, my favorite is vanilla and I can actually say that I look forward to having my post work out shake. As far a results go I added a noticeable gain after one tub (2.2 lbs). I currently am taking that and am overall very happy with the product. Side note, works best is mixed in a blender, not so shaker friendly.
               Cons:
              • Taste
              • Effective
              • Has Fiber!
              • Kre Alk
              • Gain Muscle
              • Gain Strength
              • Tastes Good

• Dfost115
                  June 5, 2011

2.2 lb vanilla monster milk on wheycheap today. Was $17 this morning but its still $27 now
                • bbilansky
                  June 5, 2011

K so if you noticed in my review I stated that ONLINE was cheaper than storefront. Also a lot of people are uncomfortable ordering online so for them this is not an option. Any store you walk into charges around $50 which is extortion for 12 servings. Even at $27 thats still high considering its only 12 servings.
                • Dfost115
                  June 5, 2011

Why you so mad? Look up wheycheap.com. Im just helping you out, no need to use big capital letters of anger. Chill man
                • beastwl96
                  June 5, 2011

He is trying to help you bilansky. dfost is simply stating that on wheycheap(one supplement a day sale) monster milk is on for today at a very discounted price. fost is helping you in case you want to buy it again

I really like Monster Milk a lot. Besides the good ingredient profile and the good taste, it feels good goin down and I can feel it workin inside me. I like the fact that they soup this stuff up with Kre-Alkalyn, l-glutamine, leacine, valine, isoleucine, and the EFA's; and the aminogen seems to work well too. Yes, it is a bit pricey, even online; there's no way I'd pay $50 for a tub of this at GNC. But $18 I will pay, which is what i got it for on TFSupplements. Considering you only get 12 servings for $50, its not a great deal, but if you can find it marked down then its worth it. So it's not the best protein powder out there on the market, but I sure do like it, I especially enjoy the RTD form of Monster milk, tastes great. I would recommend this product though.
                 Pros:
                 Cons:
                • Tastes Good
                • Effective

This is awesome i used to take Muscle Milk but this is way better has kre alk more aminos efas more protein and tastes better this helped build muscle and keep me full when i couldnt get a meal in me and it is great for meal replacement or gaineri would definetly buy again.
                   Cons:
                  • Taste
                  • Price.
                  • Effective
                  • Diabetic Friendly With 4g Sugar
                  • Has Fiber!
                  • Kre Alk
                  • Gain Muscle
                    Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.