Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Muscle Formulas > Cytosport > Monster Milk

Cytosport Monster Milk

Monster Milk Cytosport
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (48 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 71% (Ambiguous)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
Cytosport Muscle Milk Reviews
Muscle Milk (113 Reviews)
BSN NO-Xplode Reviews
NO-Xplode (356 Reviews)
6.9
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Reviews
MyoFusion (178 Reviews)
8.9

Products in the same category:

BSN CellMass Reviews
CellMass (104 Reviews)
ProMera Health Con-Cret Reviews
Con-Cret (64 Reviews)
USP Labs Anabolic Pump Reviews
Anabolic Pump (64 Reviews)
MuscleTech Anabolic Halo Reviews
Anabolic Halo (61 Reviews)
6.6

Related Forum Topics

CytoSport Monster Milk, Vanilla Creme, 2.06 Lbs. for sale and CRAZE apple pie
Driven Sports CRAZE, Apple Pie - EXCLUSIVE!, 30 Servings ( one scoop used ) $20 ...

Monster Milk
I am a 16 yr old varsity football player, and nothing seems to be working, i rec...

Monster Milk, is it worth taking?
Im 16 and recently started kre alk 1500 (off of a labral tear and 1.5 years off ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Monster Milk is the meaner cousin of Muscle Milk. It contains more MCT's, nearly double the protein content at a hefty 50 grams per serving and of course it even has creatine. It is designed for those looking for a solid between meal protein to maximize lean muscle gains.

Monster Milk Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Monster Milk Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Effective (32)
  • Taste (28)
  • Kre Alk (15)
  • Has Fiber! (14)
  • Moderately Expensive (14)
  • Too Expensive (12)
  • Very Thick (7)
  • Not Micro Filtered (3)
February 9, 2011

Reinger

Reviews: 42

Age: 31

February 9, 2011
 Hands down the best tasting, and most effective protein I have ever encountered. May be a little expensive, yet with all that is included: Kre-Alkalyn, Glutamine, BCAA, and 50 tasty grams of Monster protein, it is well worth it. If you shop around you can find it for $53 dollars at 24 servings.
Cons:
  • Taste
  • Effective
  • Has Fiber!
  • Kre Alk
  • Moderately Expensive
December 3, 2012

hockeypuck21

Age: 22

December 3, 2012
 I just finished my second tub of monster milk and I only have good things to say... well almost only good things.

This supplement was one of the most effective gainers I've taken with a superior ingredient profile that includes 50 grams of protein, 12 grams of BCAA's, 23 grams of EAA's, and 9 grams of Lipids, and a gram of creatine for good measure. Monster milk also comes along with an amazing taste you can't go wrong if your looking to put on the pounds. I've gained 20lbs in two months and I didn't eat a single cheeseburger to do it. ;)

This product mixes well for how thick it is with a blender bottle so no complaints there.

The one bad that everyone knows by now is the cost of a 2.2lb tub of muscle milk is UNREAL! Thirty dollars for 12 servings really?? If you have the money and can afford it I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Ingredient Profile
  • Taste
  • Effective
  • Gain Muscle
  • 50g Proetin
  • Very Thick
July 15, 2012

Reviews: 75

Age: 23

July 15, 2012
 Monster Milk....Good? Bad? Well, how about we go through it like a true supplement enthusiast should, shall we?

For those of you who've been following my log featuring lecheek's AD-3 pct, I incorporated Monster Milk about 2 1/2 weeks back after no longer being able to tolerate the ill-effects of myofusion probiotic series ( Why Gaspari...Why? ). While I will miss the original myofusion greatly, monster milk has been an effective and suitable replacement. The taste, effectiveness, and ingredients are superb. However, as with most supplements I take, the only downfall is the value as this stuff is somewhat pricey.

Taste/Mixability (9): I have used only the Milk Chocolate and chocolate mint flavors and both are phenomenally delicious. Might try the Mocha latte or cake batter flavors as my next flavors of choice. As for mixability, the shake does get a little thick at times but not to the point where it feels like you are trying to down mud.

Ingredient Profile: (10)

Leucine Peptides (PepForm™) 3g **
Creatine Monohydrate (Creapure®) 3g **
Betaine Anhydrous 2g **
Aminogen® (Digestive Enzymes) 250mg **
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Percent Daily Values not established.
Other Ingredients:
Monster Milk Sustained Release Protein Blend (Milk Protein Concentrate And/Or Isolate, Micellar Casein, Calcium Sodium Caseinate), Monster Milk Rapid Release Protein Blend (Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Lactoferrin), Lean Lipids (Sunflower Oil, Canola Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides), Soluble Corn Fiber, Maltodextrin, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Fructo-Oligosaccharides, Potassium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Sucralose, Stevia (Rebiana), Soy Lecithin.

Two scoops of this gives you plenty of multi-source protein, glutamine, good amount of BCAA, an even creatine mono with betaine. A superior ingredient profile indeed.

Effectiveness (10): Monster milk is an excellent asset as an overall protein and recovery based supplement. The way I primarily used monster milk was that I would almost always divide the servings. As opposed to two scoops at once, I would take one scoop about three times a day. Taking in all of the protein, creatine, etc., from two scoops seems overwhelming. I virtually never took a full two scoop serving because I also had aftershock and modern bcaa to supplement the miscellaneous ingredients. It would've definitely been overkill to take the full serving twice a day as opposed to spreading it out.

Stacked with aftershock, modern bcaa, t-up black, AD-3, and myovite, monster milk superbly catalyzed my recovery to the point where soreness and post-workout fatigue were things of the past. In addition, I can definitely say that this has helped me gain some muscle mass by providing my muscles with plenty of extra building material. The additional fiber also helped keep me regular as opposed to myofusion ps which had my brownie gun shooting rpg's every hour.

Value (5): *Sigh* Why does the good stuff always have to be so damn expensive? The list price for a 4.13 lbs tube is 55-65 dollars for 24 two scoop servings. Expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? Definitely do some shopping around. My local hometown supplement store hooked me up with both a 2 lbs and 4.13 lbs tubs for roughly 55 dollars. Considering that a biiger tube alone cost more than that, I'd say that is as sweet a deal as they come.

Overall (8): Overall, Monster milk gets a solid 8 out of 10. It greatly improves recovery and will help put on some solid muscle mass provided you have an intensive training routine and proper diet going. Nevertheless, the price is going to burn a hole in your bank account if you don't do some major price comparisons.

TRAIN HARD BROSKIS!!!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Gain Strength
  • Gain Muscle
  • Has Fiber!
  • Effective
  • Taste
  • Creapure
  • Can Be Hard To Mix At Times
  • Thick At Times
inyamaboi
inyamaboi

Reviews: 32
Reputation: +248
Great review bro! But I heard the old formula was better though??

Joined: 1/2012
Reviews: 75
Reputation: +2384
Maybe the old formula was better but I never got to try it so I can't say for sure.

Reply #3:
Maxima
Maxima

Joined: 6/2012
Reviews: 6
Reputation: +366
Nice review WarMachine! I love Monster Milk only problem is you need a blender it's so thick!

Reply #4:
AS79
AS79

Joined: 6/2011
Reputation: +1348
I wont touch any cytosport protein after consumer reports found dangerous amouts of lead in muscle milk.

Reply #5:
RonJon77
RonJon77

Joined: 2/2013
Reputation: +1
Great review. I have been using Monster Milk for about a month and it's unreal. I use the full 2 scoops as a post shake and it kicks butt. What are you using for a pre workout supp?

February 20, 2012

ironlife2012

Age: 30

February 20, 2012
 Holy sh*t; the price of Monster Milk has gone up...

This has been my post-workout shake for awhile now, but just checked the price and it's gone up significantly.

I like the fact that it's not a super-lean protein but not a weight-gainer either. It's right in the middle and thus, for me, it's been a very effective recovery protein.

However, I wish Cytosport went back to the old formula where they used Kre-Alkalyn. The new blend uses Creapure.

I've only tried Chocolate and it's good. The texture of the shake is thick, even when mixing w/ water. One of my clients absolutely loves the strawberry flavor and has been urging me to try it.

Overall, as a post-workout shake, it's very solid. For my protein shake at night, I prefer a leaner shake w/ a longer sustained release blend.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Effective
  • Gain Muscle
  • Tastes Good
  • Moderately Expensive
December 15, 2011

Reviews: 19

Age: 18

December 15, 2011
 This is definitely the best protein ive ever taken other than this stuff called Freak Fix which I havent seen since the fall of 2007. I used to take it before I went to sleep every night but then I started taking after I was done with workouts and I noticed with that my gains were coming faster. Im currently stacking this with jack3d and only 3 weeks in ive gotten much much stronger and have definitely put on at least 5 pounds of muscle. If you want to gain weight and put on muscle this supplement will do the job for you. Been a football player my whole life and in the past 5 years ive been lifting, with the exception of trenadrol which is a prohoromone, this stuff has given me the best overall results in terms of muscle and weight gain. Like I said above this stuff is worth the money it will not let you down
Cons:
  • Taste
  • Price.
  • Effective
  • Gain Muscle
  • Gain Strength
  • Fat Content
jacob2780
jacob2780

Joined: 2/2010
Reviews: 1
Reputation: +21
you're 18 and you took trenadrol??

haha oh man..

Joined: 12/2011
Reviews: 19
Reputation: +3
yea lol. I wanted to make sure that I started middle linebacker my junior year of high school and trenadrol definitely gave me the edge I needed. ***ed they removed it/company went out of business I'd buy that again in a heart beat

October 10, 2011

shore1940

Age: 25

October 10, 2011
 I finished my 2nd jug of monster milk. I like the tatse, but I don't think it works that great. I know protein can be a little tough on the stomach, but this seems to come right out. I don't think it really makes me feel "recovered" either. I am going to try plat hydro builder next. I do like the 50g protein though.
Pros:
Cons:
  • 50g Proetin
  • Tastes Good
September 16, 2011

Age: 32

September 16, 2011
 I've been taking Monster milk for over a year and I love this stuff. It can be a bit pricey but you can easily find it for under $30 if you shop online.

Great amount of Protein, carbs , BCAA's, and calories for building lean muscle. I attribute the 15lbs of lean dry MASS I've gained (in a year) to taking Monster milk along with my training.

Mixes easily with water and tastes pretty good too. No complaints here. I have recently added ON Pro Complex as well to the mix while bulking. MM is my wake n' shake in bulk cycles.
Cons:
  • Taste
  • Effective
  • Has Fiber!
  • Kre Alk
  • Gain Muscle
  • Gain Strength
  • Tastes Good
djwa80
djwa80

Reputation: 0
Hi there got 1kg tub of this myself i am a bit worried as i cant find a best before date on it had 1 shake today it gave me stomach ache

Joined: 8/2011
Reputation: +1
Check for a date just above the bar code, should be a 2-digit month/2-digit year (07/09). Most protein powders have a shelf life of 2-3 yrs depending on storage conditions. If the shelf life is within range then I would say it might be due to this product being loaded with additional vitamins, minerals and extracts. Try with milk or even soy milk, may be more gently on the tummy.

June 5, 2011

Age: 31

June 5, 2011
 I gave this product a 8 overall simply because of the price. With only 12 servings and a $50 price at storefronts (online is less, but still not awesome) I had to ding it two points. With that said, this is a great post workout product with a nice ingredient mix and lots of protein! The taste is also great, my favorite is vanilla and I can actually say that I look forward to having my post work out shake. As far a results go I added a noticeable gain after one tub (2.2 lbs). I currently am taking that and am overall very happy with the product. Side note, works best is mixed in a blender, not so shaker friendly.
Cons:
  • Taste
  • Effective
  • Has Fiber!
  • Kre Alk
  • Gain Muscle
  • Gain Strength
  • Tastes Good

Joined: 5/2011
Reputation: +286
2.2 lb vanilla monster milk on wheycheap today. Was $17 this morning but its still $27 now

Joined: 6/2011
Reputation: +4
k so if you noticed in my review I stated that ONLINE was cheaper than storefront. Also a lot of people are uncomfortable ordering online so for them this is not an option. Any store you walk into charges around $50 which is extortion for 12 servings. Even at $27 thats still high considering its only 12 servings.

Reply #3:

Joined: 5/2011
Reputation: +286
Why you so mad? Look up wheycheap.com. Im just helping you out, no need to use big capital letters of anger. Chill man

Reply #4:
beastwl96
beastwl96

Joined: 9/2010
Reviews: 6
Reputation: +321
He is trying to help you bilansky. dfost is simply stating that on wheycheap(one supplement a day sale) monster milk is on for today at a very discounted price. fost is helping you in case you want to buy it again

May 31, 2011

mohanafia

Reviews: 1

Age: 29

May 31, 2011
 I dont know why people are afraid from the fats contents of this product
they are MCTs and CLAs whitch the body theats them as carbs like MCTs or used to lose fats like CLAs. and they are less likely to be stored as fats, see the links below

this product is great
Cons:
  • Taste
  • Effective
  • Diabetic Friendly With 4g Sugar
  • Gain Muscle
  • Gain Strength
  • Moderately Expensive
everlastlift
everlastlift

Joined: 3/2010
Reputation: +75
Ok you can post websites... How is that a review?

pankdizzle
pankdizzle

Reputation: 0
Not trying to be a smart ass or anything mohanafia, but wikipedia is not something you should make a habit of using for info...

May 15, 2011

shredded2424

Reviews: 34

Age: 24

May 15, 2011
 I really like Monster Milk a lot. Besides the good ingredient profile and the good taste, it feels good goin down and I can feel it workin inside me. I like the fact that they soup this stuff up with Kre-Alkalyn, l-glutamine, leacine, valine, isoleucine, and the EFA's; and the aminogen seems to work well too. Yes, it is a bit pricey, even online; there's no way I'd pay $50 for a tub of this at GNC. But $18 I will pay, which is what i got it for on TFSupplements. Considering you only get 12 servings for $50, its not a great deal, but if you can find it marked down then its worth it. So it's not the best protein powder out there on the market, but I sure do like it, I especially enjoy the RTD form of Monster milk, tastes great. I would recommend this product though.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Good
  • Effective
  • Moderately Expensive

Have you used Monster Milk? Submit your own Review!