Monster Mass Reviews (7.6/10) - SupplementReviews.com

Monster Mass

By Cytosport
Monster Mass Cytosport
7.6/10
(Weighted average based on 17 Reviews)

Ranks #21 of 31 (better than 33%)
in Protein > Weight Gainers
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Very effective for a gainer

After completing 2 tubs of Monster Mass I felt I should write a review.

After completing 2 tubs of Monster Mass I felt I should write a review.

Taste 10/10: I bought the chocolate flavor which tastes really good. I never experienced any chunks. It mixes really well with a few shakes in a shaker cup. I never blended it.

Effectiveness: Very effective for a gainer. I've gained over 16 pounds off this. I'm currently at 186lbs. Very very little of this has been fat. Mostly lean muscle. People might be hesitant about it because of the amount of fat per serving (18g).

Value: It's a bit pricy if you go to GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. Online has better deals. I have been really happy with this gainer. Just ordered another tub (strawberries n cream) before I go on a cut. Hope this helps.

Lorenz0

Severity: Warning

Message: strtotime(): Invalid date.timezone value ''America/New_York'', we selected the timezone 'UTC' for now.

Severity: Warning

Message: date(): Invalid date.timezone value ''America/New_York'', we selected the timezone 'UTC' for now.

Posted December 14, 2010
Bro $25 at tfsupplements.com.. pretty good deal i'm sure much better than gnc.

Posted December 14, 2010
That's a good deal. I got mine for roughly $30. Thanks bro.

Posted December 14, 2010
I've purchased the entire Monster series (Milk, Pump, Maize, Amino) except this, now my question is, when would you take this? Is this a replacement for the Monster Milk?

Posted December 14, 2010
I would take monster mass with breakfast, after workouts, and right before bed. I would consume 3 shakes a day regardless. I actually just bought another 3 tubs of the stuff. I have gained very little fat from this stuff. Awesome product. Just finishing up a strawberries and cream flavor. Not as good as chocolate! : )

Posted December 14, 2010
Also Patcrizack, Pick up a tub of Glycomaize! I add this to my shakes. It's cheap also for a tub. Check it out. Peace.

Posted December 15, 2010
so you've had some good gains mate, but how often do you take it and how many scoops?

2 0

Posted July 23, 2010
im halfway through a tub of this....What flavor did you get?

Posted July 23, 2010
oh oops...didnt read the end...ill try strawberry next time

The taste is GREAT

Protein-->
this powder has a mix of fast acting whey and slow acting casein which helps keep me anabolic all day as long as I take at least 2 servings a few hours apart. This also comes complete with a EAA mix so skeletal muscle does receive some extra post workout support. 50g per serving
Protein-->

Fat/Carbs-->
there is a large amount of carbs which are concentrated in each serving along with some saturated fat :-(. This may not be an ideal mix for someone looking to lean up or body build, but it works great for someone looking for a meal replacement shake or something that offers carbs for energy

Meal Replacement-->
I usually need to wake up around 530 or 6 to paddle out before work and if I'm running late this mixed with some fruit and non fat or low fat milk and perhaps some greek yogurt serves as an excellent quick meal that gives me FUEL TO SHREDDDD

Taste-->
the taste is GREAT. Anybody who says otherwise has not shopped the protein competition. Strawberrys n Creme is the best tasting protein Ive ever had. Or perhaps the Strawberry Milkshake flavor, but that only comes in the Muscle Milk Collegiate blend which has slightly less protein and much more carbs

Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Great!

2 0

I really like it, it tastes GREAT in chocolate.

I was using Monster Mass 3 days a week with 1hr workouts each day.
When on it I gained 5lbs in 3 months..
Now I am using it every day post-workout and have gained 5lbs in 1 month.

So I see the more I use...
I was using Monster Mass 3 days a week with 1hr workouts each day.
When on it I gained 5lbs in 3 months..
Now I am using it every day post-workout and have gained 5lbs in 1 month.

So I see the more I use it the better it works (of course).

I really like it, it tastes GREAT in chocolate.

My only problem is that sometimes I will get a bad stomach ache afterward.

• Stomach Pains After

Posted June 25, 2012
did you take this stuff on your off days if so did you only take two scoops

GiorgosGRK's Monster Mass Review

i took monster mass because it was one of the few mass builders that didn't contain creatine. i went through 4 tubs of this and i did gain 7-8 pounds, 3-4 pounds of it muscle. the chocolate flavor is pretty good but a little chalky tasting. i would say if you have a sensitive stomach, DONT BUY THIS. my stomach is somewhat sensitive and i always had gas right after taking this. the recovery isnt that great either. i would still be very sore almost as if the protein is cheap. if you do end up buying this product, take it after workouts only otherwise you will run out very quicky. if you want a supplement that has great recovery and gain lean muscle with hard work, i recommend gold standard protein. i take it once a day everyday and it is the best recovery for protein i've ever experienced.

• Tastes Pretty Good If You Can Get Around The Chunks
  • Stomach Pains After
  • Indigestion
  • Expensive Unless Bought Online

Sal

Posted December 17, 2011
This is just me, I just always thought "gainers" were for poeple with really fast metabolizims? I stand to be corrected soon- just know it. Hoever I understand your beef with 4 scoops compared to 2 scoops of regular Muscle Milk.

cdruz32's Monster Mass Review

The only thing that is stopping me from giving this a good rating is because of the fat content in this stuff its way to high. Other than that though this stuff does what its supposed to, gain muscle and gain weight. I think you would be better off going with monster milk though because the fat content is lower and that only takes 2 scoops to get to 50 grams this takes 4

• 2 Many Scoops To Get To 50g Of Protein

Posted December 5, 2010
Did you take 4 scoups before and after?

Posted December 5, 2010
no that's a bit to much for my stomach to handle.
I took sometimes 2 before and 2 after I usuall took monster pump before workout and then 4 scoops of monster mass after but if u can handle 4 scoops before and 4 scoops after then do it.

This product is loaded with BCAA wich is good and glutamine also is good

I just finished a container of this and here is my review.

Taste: Is very very good I got the chocolate and oh dear it was good so i'm going to give chocolate taste 9/10

Mix: It's a little hard mixing it in a shaker so I would definitely use a blender 8/10

Now...
I just finished a container of this and here is my review.

Now lets talkt about what the products can do for you.
This product is loaded with BCAA wich is good and glutamine also is good.
I Gained muscles yes and I gained strength.
Take it twice a day: before your workout like 1 and half hour and take it immediately
after your wokrout to get good results.

So overall I will give this product 8.9/10

• Mixes Poorly In A Shaker Cup

Great product

great product. i gave it value a 10 beacuase i got each bin for $30. mixes will in a shaker cup no chuncks of undissolved powder. took this while i was on a ph taking 3 full shakes a day i still take it i dont think ill change protiens for awhile

russogk

Posted June 29, 2010
this is a weight gainer. it has carbs and fat too. In a completely different category then monster milk

russogk

Posted June 29, 2010
I wouldn't say they are in "completely" different catagories. They are both basically fortified whey protein shakes. Where you missed the point is Monster Milk packs more protein and BCAAs in to 2 scoops than does Monster Mass. In other words if you want to use Monster Milk as a gainer just double it up. Compare the labels and you'll see what I mean. Lastly you'll never gain lean muscle mass by taking in more fat...you'll just get fat.

I was not really impressed with this product

I was not really impressed with this product. It is loaded with fat and unless you use a motorized blender it does not mix well. There always seem to be that rogue chunk of half mixed goop at the bottom. I Originally purchased it because it seemed like a good value until you read the mix instructions and see that in order to get the 50g of protein you need 4 rather than 2 scoops. I would recommend Monster Milk over this product. Monster Milk has more aminos, less fat, 50gs of protein in just 2 scoops. I never had the mixing problem with it either.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Pretty Good If You Can Get Around The Chunks
  • Good Nutrient Profile For Weight Gainer
  • Mixes Poorly In A Shaker Cup
  • 2 Many Scoops To Get To 50g Of Protein
  • Not Enough Servings
  • Needs To Come In A Paint Bucket!

1 0

All in all, this is a great weight gain product

Alright, here goes my first review for this site! I'll start off with a relatively easy one, a weight gainer!
I have always been a big fan of Cytosport,...
I have always been a big fan of Cytosport, and the way their Protein products taste. This weight gainer did not dissapoint in the taste department, whether you mix it with water or milk this stuff tastes great! I really looked forward to my daily dose of Monster Mass (or sometimes multiple :)). It has a great nutrient profile as well, high carb (not excessively high), low sugar and high Protein. The Protein blend makes it ideal for any time of day as well.
I never had any stomach discomfort with this weight gainer, as I have had with other weight gain products in the past. The only thing I wished is that they would make a 10lb paint can of this stuff so it would last longer!
All in all, this is a great weight gain product. Yes, it is a little higher in price, however, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Nutrient Profile For Weight Gainer
  • Not Enough Servings
  • Needs To Come In A Paint Bucket!

Hays

0 0

Hays's Monster Mass Review

I've taken many types of protein and my results with monster mass have been the best! I have completed two tubs and just started my third.

I mix mine with 2% milk bc to me it tastes awesome that way and also I get about 10-12 extra grams of protein from the 16 oz of milk I use for each shake. I have a small mixer that I use but I've also used a shaker cup plenty of times and never get any chucks! Im definitely giving the taste a 10.

I drink a shake directly after working out and another right before sleeping. I work out Mon-Sun and have a pretty decent diet (lots of chicken, steak, and veggies. no junkfood) so the "higher" gram content of fat per serving in this really doesn't put any fat on me whatsoever.

From my first two tubs (two months) I put on about 13lbs. Definitely noticed a large difference in my leg, chest, and arms (bi, tri, for, shoulder). My body is also really responsive to all supplements I take so others may not get the same results. I stacked it with M5 creatine by Cellucor, which I took pre-workout.

Definitely a good buy for anyone to put on some mass, esp bc you can find some good prices online ($25-$35)! I made a freshman mistake of buying it at gnc my first time and it cost me $54 haha.

• Expensive Unless Bought Online