Monster Mass Reviews

By: Cytosport

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Only 4 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

Monster Mass is a Weight Gainer manufactured by Cytosport. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.
COMPARE SIMILAR

Hays
  October 5, 2011

I've taken many types of protein and my results with monster mass have been the best! I have completed two tubs and just started my third.

I mix mine with 2% milk bc to me it tastes awesome that way and also I get about 10-12 extra grams of protein from the 16 oz of milk I use for each shake. I have a small mixer that I use but I've also used a shaker cup plenty of times and never get any chucks! Im definitely giving the taste a 10.

I drink a shake directly after working out and another right before sleeping. I work out Mon-Sun and have a pretty decent diet (lots of chicken, steak, and veggies. no junkfood) so the "higher" gram content of fat per serving in this really doesn't put any fat on me whatsoever.

From my first two tubs (two months) I put on about 13lbs. Definitely noticed a large difference in my leg, chest, and arms (bi, tri, for, shoulder). My body is also really responsive to all supplements I take so others may not get the same results. I stacked it with M5 creatine by Cellucor, which I took pre-workout.

Definitely a good buy for anyone to put on some mass, esp bc you can find some good prices online ($25-$35)! I made a freshman mistake of buying it at gnc my first time and it cost me $54 haha.
  • Great Before Bed!
  • Expensive Unless Bought Online
SmashPlates1
  December 14, 2010

After completing 2 tubs of Monster Mass I felt I should write a review.

Taste 10/10: I bought the chocolate flavor which tastes really good. I never experienced any chunks. It mixes really well with a few shakes in a shaker cup. I never blended it.

Effectiveness: Very effective for a gainer. I've gained over 16 pounds off this. I'm currently at 186lbs. Very very little of this has been fat. Mostly lean muscle. People might be hesitant about it because of the amount of fat per serving (18g).

Value: It's a bit pricy if you go to GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. Online has better deals. I have been really happy with this gainer. Just ordered another tub (strawberries n cream) before I go on a cut. Hope this helps.
  • Great Before Bed!
SDsurfer
  July 23, 2010

Protein-->
this powder has a mix of fast acting whey and slow acting casein which helps keep me anabolic all day as long as I take at least 2 servings a few hours apart. This also comes complete with a EAA mix so skeletal muscle does receive some extra post workout support. 50g per serving

Fat/Carbs-->
there is a large amount of carbs which are concentrated in each serving along with some saturated fat :-(. This may not be an ideal mix for someone looking to lean up or body build, but it works great for someone looking for a meal replacement shake or something that offers carbs for energy

Meal Replacement-->
I usually need to wake up around 530 or 6 to paddle out before work and if I'm running late this mixed with some fruit and non fat or low fat milk and perhaps some greek yogurt serves as an excellent quick meal that gives me FUEL TO SHREDDDD

Taste-->
the taste is GREAT. Anybody who says otherwise has not shopped the protein competition. Strawberrys n Creme is the best tasting protein Ive ever had. Or perhaps the Strawberry Milkshake flavor, but that only comes in the Muscle Milk Collegiate blend which has slightly less protein and much more carbs
  • High Fat Content
Ronniesav
  February 22, 2010

Alright, here goes my first review for this site! I'll start off with a relatively easy one, a weight gainer!
I have always been a big fan of Cytosport, and the way their Protein products taste. This weight gainer did not dissapoint in the taste department, whether you mix it with water or milk this stuff tastes great! I really looked forward to my daily dose of Monster Mass (or sometimes multiple :)). It has a great nutrient profile as well, high carb (not excessively high), low sugar and high Protein. The Protein blend makes it ideal for any time of day as well.
I never had any stomach discomfort with this weight gainer, as I have had with other weight gain products in the past. The only thing I wished is that they would make a 10lb paint can of this stuff so it would last longer!
All in all, this is a great weight gain product. Yes, it is a little higher in price, however, sometimes you get what you pay for.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Nutrient Profile For Weight Gainer
  • Not Enough Servings
  • Needs To Come In A Paint Bucket!