GlycerGrow

By: Controlled Labs

GlycerGrow is a Carbohydrate Product manufactured by Controlled Labs. It is designed to provide the body with the vital macronutrient carbohydrates which is used as fuel to help performance as well as improve muscle recovery.

Does GlycerGrow work?
Tsunami2k

I have found GlycerGrow to be quite a useful product, and after 5 months, I was finally able to finish a tub of this!

Product Description :

Product Description :

"GlycerGrow is our most advanced standalone cell volumization breakthrough. GlycerGrow combines a proprietary and synergistic blend ingredients to promote increased cell volume, aid the osmotic effects of creatine, and enhance the natural anabolic responses of weightlifting. When combined with a high protein/moderate carbohydrate diet, and a solid workout protocol, this product helps give the user increased gains in size, strength and vascularity."

Value : 10/10 - Have I ever given anything a 10 for value before? Who knows, but seriously this product is the absolute most bang for your buck. I paid $33 for a tub that lasted me just under 6 months. It's 120 servings, and you take a serving before your workouts only, so you can do the math on how far this product can stretch out.

Effectiveness : 7/10 - I personally think if you are taking a creatine supplement of any sort, that taking GlycerGrow along side with it would be highly benefitual. Taking glycerol in supplemental form may quickly improve hydration and the absorption of other supplements that are taken with it. That property of Glycerol MonoStearate also gave me great pumps! But to be honest, some days the pumps were hit or miss, which was strange.

The pumps were of a different kind also. Instead of my muscles being directly pumped, the whole body part was. For example, my arms would get swelled up and look massive, but it would lose that definition look, if that makes sense. My workouts also would last longer, this product doesn't give you the typical stim-energy most of us are used to with PWO. Instead, its a more constant ever-going energy instead of short-term explosive energy.

Vascularity also went up, but once again, not that great because I personally believe it wasn't pumping up the veins, but more the muscles and area around it were just retaining a lot of water during my workouts. I would also get more sore from my workouts too, and lately I don't get that sore in general.

Taste/Dosing : 5/10 - This is where the product really takes a dump. The powder is tasteless, and its small 'jack3d' size scooper, take 2-4 scoops 30 minutes before your workout. The powder is very salty, and DOES NOT mix in water whatsoever. If you put it in a water bottle, it will simply float on top. Some people put it in yogurt, their protein shake, or pour it into their mouth and then chase it with water. That last method is super gross by the way.

Overall : 7/10 - This supplement gave me great pumps (on most days), it has a lot of benefits if taken with creatine, and it's really affordable. It would have got a higher rating, but the powder is hard to get down most of the time, and it worked maybe 80% of the time. It is totally worth the purchase if you are thinking about it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Mixing Not The Best
IRISH89

Breakdown -Controlled Labs GlycerGrow is a cell volumizer supplement which helps aid the osmotic effects of creatine, which means it helps attract water into muscle cells & increase protein synthesis. Used with a high protein/moderate carb diet, it can help with gains, strength & vascularity. Used on a cutting diet it can help keep strength, & help workout intensity levels. GlycerGrow can also help improve endurance & recovery by prolonging the period of hyper hydration for up to four hours. It can also help benefit other supplements taken with it.

Benefits Of GlycerGrow-

Carbohydrates- 0g
Sodium (as Chloride)- 163mg
GlycerGrow Complex -7500mg
CellCharge Complex -834mg

Effectiveness 10/10-Very effective felt more intensity and energy in my workouts, & helped keep me hydrated throughout the day. I experienced an overall improvement with my vascularity, nothing major but enough for me to notice. Recovery was the main effect I felt with GlycerGrow, no major strength gains but did help me a lot with form & recovery between sets, & also gives a pretty good pump.

Mixability 7/10-Not that great when it comes to mixing, it's the only think that lets it down, but I don't think it's as bad as most people say it is. It comes out a bit like unmixed Creatine Powder in water, but I mixed mine in a blender with 32oz of water & it solved the problem for me, it's a bit of an inconvenience but worth it, & have mixed with Purple PsyKO/xtend/MBCAA & kre-alkalyn 1500 powder/green mag & Yok3d (powder). If you want GlycerGrow gives you the option of dumping the scoops directly into your mouth and then washing them down, but I never felt the need to do this, so I can't comment on this.

Taste 10/10- GlycerGrow is unflavoured which I think is an option that should be available for most supplements, it makes it so much easier to stack with other products & not have a million different flavours, although some flavours would be nice to see. You can't go wrong in mixing it with any other supplements. The taste of GlycerGrow mixed with just water is very brand & just dry, but mixed with anything flavoured & there's no taste of GlycerGrow.

Price 10/10- It's one of the cheapest supplements I have ever ran, you can get it for around $25/$30, it has 120 servings, a serving is 3 scoops. It is recommended you cycle of it every 6 to 12 weeks, I only use GlycerGrow when am doing a cycle of creatine & then cycle of both after 8/12 weeks, so this workouts great for me, a tub of GlycerGrow can nearly do me a full year, a tub last's most people up to 6 months depending on how its dosed.

Overall 9/10- A top & effective low cost supplement, that can be stacked with other supplements for great results & can be used when bulking or cutting. The only thing that lets GlycerGrow down is the mixability but that's something in my opinion that is the least thing to worry about, its more towards the effectiveness of a supplement, & with GlycerGrow that doesn't disappoint so it's another two thumbs up for Controlled Labs, they never seem to let me down.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Great Value
  • Very Effective
  • Great Recovery
  • Increase Vascularity
  • Great Supplement Stacker
  • Mixing Not The Best

- Growth
- Recovery
- Intensity
- Improve thermoregulation and endurance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Controlled Labs Claim:

- Growth
- Recovery
- Intensity
- Improve thermoregulation and endurance

Mix ability (0/10) : Search anywhere and you will hear how terrible this is at mixing. I couldn't believe how bad it was; I would have to say at least 90% of the scoop would just stay on top and didn't mix at all.  Truly the worst mixing product I have tried.   Some suggest mixing in yogurt, others say scoop it directly into your mouth and chase it with a beverage or water.  I tried both and found that the scoop and chase worked best for me.  I got so used to it that by the end of the container, I didn't mind at all.

Taste (5/10) : It taste like chalky salt.  Can't really go any further than that, picture ground up chalk with a dash of salt, and scoop it in your mouth directly.  That's what this stuff taste like.

Context (8/10) :  Four ingredients, general thought here is to help hydrate muscles and nutrition intake.

Total Calories 54
Total Fat 6

GlycerGrow Complex:
Glycerol Monostearate (GMS from Vegetable Source) and L-Taurine.  7,500  mg "

CellCharge Complex:
Sodium Chloride and Potassium Gluconate 834  mg "

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Glycerol Monostearate(GMS)- GMS is a food additive used as a thickening, emulsifying, anti-caking, and preservative agent, basically its a fat. BUT taken as a supplement, glycerol quickly improves hydration and the absorption of other supplements that are taken with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Taurine supplementation can increase physical endurance by decreasing lactate accumulation, increase concentration and mental alertness, reduces blood pressure, and last but not least enhance water balance and nutrient uptake in muscle cells.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sodium Chloride- Plain and simple, table salt. Sodium is an electrolyte, the main electrolyte lost when exercising. It is important to replenish Sodium as it plays a role in muscle and nerve function and helps maintain fluid levels throughout your body. Some studies even show it help shuttle creatine into muscles.

Potassium Gluconate - A form of potassium.  Also an electrolyte, it controls blood pressure, pH and keeps the heart healthy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Effective (10/10) This stuff worked, at three scoops 15-30 minutes before lifting I had great pumps.  It was not a dry nitrate pump, but the exact opposite.  It was a very wet pump, Biceps were engorged for hours, nothing like it.   It was the most impressive pump product I have taken yet.  Much more than cosmetic, endurance was up, whether is was cardio or pumping out a few more reps.  Vascularity even went up, very happy with that. I haven't seen that many viens in my shoulders and forearms in a long time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Value (10/10) – Best part of this product.  120 servings for $30, that equals $0.25 a full serving which last well over 3 months.

I really like Controlled Labs and this product did not disappoint.  Once you get passed the terrible mix ability this really is a nice pump/ endurance product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Great Value
  • Increase Vascularity
  • Doesnt Dissolve At All
  March 9, 2012

I use GG only when I take X-Factor. Here is my thoughts on it

Taste/Mixability(0/10): Anyone who's used this knows exactly my reasoning for this rate. It doesn't mix AT ALL! Floats on top of water. I found it easier to scoop into my mouth then swallow down with a gulp of water.

Effectiveness(7/10): Now while it's effective @ doing what it claims (pumps) it's also been proven ineffective for muscle growth(may even be counterproductive). While the pumps are great, they're I'm reality doing nothing for you. The reason I use it though is because it helps absorb ArA(X-Factor).

Overall(6/10):...
I use GG only when I take X-Factor. Here is my thoughts on it

Overall(6/10): Unless you're running XF, or looking for a good pump for a special event ;) lol it's not really helping you. Those would be the only reasons I'd recommend it. Oh yeah, and one tub= lifetime supply! Haha
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Great Supplement Stacker
  • Increase Vascularity
  • Gets Stuck In My Throat
  • Can Experience Frequent Urination
  • No Real Purpose
SavvLife
  September 10, 2010

Now i know you are not supposed to review a product until you finish the tub, but I have been on this product for 2 months now and i am still not halfway through the tub. I'm leaving for college in a few days so I wanted to find a cheap, yet effective, product that would last me a long time. So this is how i came across GlycerGrow. I took GlycerGrow as i was cycling off preworkout stims. I shotgunned 2 scoops about 30 min before my workout and sipped on one scoop mixed with zero calorie powerade during my workout

Mixability/Taste - This product does not mix at all. It even tells you that on the tub in the directions. So that is why if youre going to take this preworkout, the best way to do it would just be to put a scoop in your mouth and wash it down with water. This is not too bad. However, if you take it during your workout i would recommend to NOT mix it with water. It basically tastes like ocean water. I would recommend mixing it with powerade or something like that like i did. Although it is a little grainy since the powder doesnt dissolve, you cant really notice a difference.

Effectiveness - This was a good product in my opinion. It actually did help with vascularity a little bit which was something i didnt know it did. Also, it is a great product for cycling off stims. I used to hate working out without jack3d since jack3d is so damn addicting. But this stuff definitely helps. It obviously doesn't give you the same energy and pumps that most preworkouts do, but for not being loaded with stims, it does a pretty damn good job. The pumps and energy i received from this were much better than expected. My muscles felt much fuller and denser while taking GlycerGrow. Some of my lifts went up a little bit as well. Nothing amazing, but every little bit counts. Since i also sipped this intra workout, i felt like i was less sore after every set which is definitely a plus. Im sure stacking this with an intra workout product like Xtend or Purple Wraath would provide even greater results.

Value - This product will last forever. I bought this for 35 bucks off BodyBuilding.com and it comes with 120 servings. So even if you were to take this every single day, it would still last you a minimum of 4 months. However, you only take it on days you workout. So this product is going to last you about 5-6 months. For 35 dollars, thats a great deal. I love this product because IMO it is one of the best products to take while cycling off stims. And im sure stacking this with a pwo loaded with stims would result in crazy gains, energy, and pumps. I definitely am glad i came across this product. I recommend adding this product to your supplement stack
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Good Recovery
  • Doesnt Dissolve At All
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.