GlycerGrow

By: Controlled Labs

GlycerGrow is a Carbohydrate Product manufactured by Controlled Labs. It is designed to provide the body with the vital macronutrient carbohydrates which is used as fuel to help performance as well as improve muscle recovery.

Does GlycerGrow work?
Tsunami2k

April 27, 2012

I have found GlycerGrow to be quite a useful product, and after 5 months, I was finally able to finish a tub of this!

Product Description :

"GlycerGrow is our most advanced standalone cell volumization breakthrough. GlycerGrow combines a proprietary and synergistic blend ingredients to promote increased cell volume, aid the osmotic effects of creatine, and enhance the natural anabolic responses of weightlifting. When combined with a high protein/moderate carbohydrate diet, and a solid workout protocol, this product helps give the user increased gains in size, strength and vascularity."

Value : 10/10 - Have I ever given anything a 10 for value before? Who knows, but seriously this product is the absolute most bang for your buck. I paid $33 for a tub that lasted me just under 6 months. It's 120 servings, and you take a serving before your workouts only, so you can do the math on how far this product can stretch out.

Effectiveness : 7/10 - I personally think if you are taking a creatine supplement of any sort, that taking GlycerGrow along side with it would be highly benefitual. Taking glycerol in supplemental form may quickly improve hydration and the absorption of other supplements that are taken with it. That property of Glycerol MonoStearate also gave me great pumps! But to be honest, some days the pumps were hit or miss, which was strange.

The pumps were of a different kind also. Instead of my muscles being directly pumped, the whole body part was. For example, my arms would get swelled up and look massive, but it would lose that definition look, if that makes sense. My workouts also would last longer, this product doesn't give you the typical stim-energy most of us are used to with PWO. Instead, its a more constant ever-going energy instead of short-term explosive energy.

Vascularity also went up, but once again, not that great because I personally believe it wasn't pumping up the veins, but more the muscles and area around it were just retaining a lot of water during my workouts. I would also get more sore from my workouts too, and lately I don't get that sore in general.

Taste/Dosing : 5/10 - This is where the product really takes a dump. The powder is tasteless, and its small 'jack3d' size scooper, take 2-4 scoops 30 minutes before your workout. The powder is very salty, and DOES NOT mix in water whatsoever. If you put it in a water bottle, it will simply float on top. Some people put it in yogurt, their protein shake, or pour it into their mouth and then chase it with water. That last method is super gross by the way.

Overall : 7/10 - This supplement gave me great pumps (on most days), it has a lot of benefits if taken with creatine, and it's really affordable. It would have got a higher rating, but the powder is hard to get down most of the time, and it worked maybe 80% of the time. It is totally worth the purchase if you are thinking about it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Doesnt Dissolve At All
  • Mixing Not The Best
  • No Flavours To Choose

• PTfootball54

Great review man!

Ya that salty taste and the sand-like texture is the only thing that is not so good about the product. But I am glad someone else gave this a good shot!
  • xBEEFCAKEx
    April 27, 2012

I was thinking of trying this. great review !! Also let me know if you tryed leaving it in a glass of was for a couple hours to see if it disolves
  • TheStanger
    April 27, 2012

Great review, I just finishes up a tub also. Really cool product but the best part is the extreme value like you said. $30-35 for 120 servings is awesome!
  • Lorenzitto
    April 27, 2012

So, 1 hour before workout i get my usual protein, then this with any powder preworkout + 4 litres of water? or i'm wrong?
IRISH89

Breakdown -Controlled Labs GlycerGrow is a cell volumizer supplement which helps aid the osmotic effects of creatine, which means it helps attract water into muscle cells & increase protein synthesis. Used with a high protein/moderate carb diet, it can help with gains, strength & vascularity. Used on a cutting diet it can help keep strength, & help workout intensity levels. GlycerGrow can also help improve endurance & recovery by prolonging the period of hyper hydration for up to four hours. It can also help benefit other supplements taken with it.

Benefits Of GlycerGrow-

Carbohydrates- 0g
Sodium (as Chloride)- 163mg
GlycerGrow Complex -7500mg
CellCharge Complex -834mg

Effectiveness 10/10-Very effective felt more intensity and energy in my workouts, & helped keep me hydrated throughout the day. I experienced an overall improvement with my vascularity, nothing major but enough for me to notice. Recovery was the main effect I felt with GlycerGrow, no major strength gains but did help me a lot with form & recovery between sets, & also gives a pretty good pump.

Mixability 7/10-Not that great when it comes to mixing, it's the only think that lets it down, but I don't think it's as bad as most people say it is. It comes out a bit like unmixed Creatine Powder in water, but I mixed mine in a blender with 32oz of water & it solved the problem for me, it's a bit of an inconvenience but worth it, & have mixed with Purple PsyKO/xtend/MBCAA & kre-alkalyn 1500 powder/green mag & Yok3d (powder). If you want GlycerGrow gives you the option of dumping the scoops directly into your mouth and then washing them down, but I never felt the need to do this, so I can't comment on this.

Taste 10/10- GlycerGrow is unflavoured which I think is an option that should be available for most supplements, it makes it so much easier to stack with other products & not have a million different flavours, although some flavours would be nice to see. You can't go wrong in mixing it with any other supplements. The taste of GlycerGrow mixed with just water is very brand & just dry, but mixed with anything flavoured & there's no taste of GlycerGrow.

Price 10/10- It's one of the cheapest supplements I have ever ran, you can get it for around $25/$30, it has 120 servings, a serving is 3 scoops. It is recommended you cycle of it every 6 to 12 weeks, I only use GlycerGrow when am doing a cycle of creatine & then cycle of both after 8/12 weeks, so this workouts great for me, a tub of GlycerGrow can nearly do me a full year, a tub last's most people up to 6 months depending on how its dosed.

Overall 9/10- A top & effective low cost supplement, that can be stacked with other supplements for great results & can be used when bulking or cutting. The only thing that lets GlycerGrow down is the mixability but that's something in my opinion that is the least thing to worry about, its more towards the effectiveness of a supplement, & with GlycerGrow that doesn't disappoint so it's another two thumbs up for Controlled Labs, they never seem to let me down.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Great Value
  • Very Effective
  • Great Recovery
  • Increase Vascularity
  • Great Supplement Stacker
  • Mixing Not The Best
  • No Flavours To Choose
  • Can Experience Frequent Urination

• Wrestler152
    April 23, 2011

Did you run a complete CL stack? Great reviews i might have to pick this up.
  • greenirish
    April 23, 2011

Great review man... When did you take this?
  • Manimal
    April 23, 2011

This stuff actually works? Looks like a big marketing gimmick to me.

Controlled Labs Claim:

- Growth
- Recovery
- Intensity
- Improve thermoregulation and endurance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Controlled Labs Claim:

- Growth
- Recovery
- Intensity
- Improve thermoregulation and endurance

Mix ability (0/10) : Search anywhere and you will hear how terrible this is at mixing. I couldn't believe how bad it was; I would have to say at least 90% of the scoop would just stay on top and didn't mix at all.  Truly the worst mixing product I have tried.   Some suggest mixing in yogurt, others say scoop it directly into your mouth and chase it with a beverage or water.  I tried both and found that the scoop and chase worked best for me.  I got so used to it that by the end of the container, I didn't mind at all.

Taste (5/10) : It taste like chalky salt.  Can't really go any further than that, picture ground up chalk with a dash of salt, and scoop it in your mouth directly.  That's what this stuff taste like.

Context (8/10) :  Four ingredients, general thought here is to help hydrate muscles and nutrition intake.

Total Calories 54
Total Fat 6

GlycerGrow Complex:
Glycerol Monostearate (GMS from Vegetable Source) and L-Taurine.  7,500  mg "

CellCharge Complex:
Sodium Chloride and Potassium Gluconate 834  mg "

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Glycerol Monostearate(GMS)- GMS is a food additive used as a thickening, emulsifying, anti-caking, and preservative agent, basically its a fat. BUT taken as a supplement, glycerol quickly improves hydration and the absorption of other supplements that are taken with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Taurine supplementation can increase physical endurance by decreasing lactate accumulation, increase concentration and mental alertness, reduces blood pressure, and last but not least enhance water balance and nutrient uptake in muscle cells.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sodium Chloride- Plain and simple, table salt. Sodium is an electrolyte, the main electrolyte lost when exercising. It is important to replenish Sodium as it plays a role in muscle and nerve function and helps maintain fluid levels throughout your body. Some studies even show it help shuttle creatine into muscles.

Potassium Gluconate - A form of potassium.  Also an electrolyte, it controls blood pressure, pH and keeps the heart healthy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Effective (10/10) This stuff worked, at three scoops 15-30 minutes before lifting I had great pumps.  It was not a dry nitrate pump, but the exact opposite.  It was a very wet pump, Biceps were engorged for hours, nothing like it.   It was the most impressive pump product I have taken yet.  Much more than cosmetic, endurance was up, whether is was cardio or pumping out a few more reps.  Vascularity even went up, very happy with that. I haven't seen that many viens in my shoulders and forearms in a long time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Value (10/10) – Best part of this product.  120 servings for $30, that equals $0.25 a full serving which last well over 3 months.

I really like Controlled Labs and this product did not disappoint.  Once you get passed the terrible mix ability this really is a nice pump/ endurance product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Great Value
  • Increase Vascularity
  • Doesnt Dissolve At All
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.