Buzzerk

By Complete Nutrition
A Complete Nutrition rep was caught posting reviews. Please keep this in mind when reading reviews from non-reputable members.
Buzzerk Complete Nutrition
6.4/10
(Weighted average based on 23 Reviews)

Ranks #147 of 157 (better than 6%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related

iwrestlei's Buzzerk Review

hey guys this is my first review, so bare with me if its not completely perfect.

taste:10/10 the taste of this product is actually quite enjoyable compared to many other products i have taken, i have the crimson crush and would recommend this product to those who are looking for a good tasting pre-workout.

price:6/10: I have finished a tub of this product, and will probably not be going back for another, just because of the 69.99$ price tag. I got it with a deal because most of Complete Nutrition's prices are not set in stone and can be negotiated.

effectiveness:7/10: I am a guy who likes to get a lot of lifting done when he hits the gym, so i use a preworkout that can last me the whole time i am there. lets just say this product does not do it for me. The only reason i would recommend this to someone, is if they have another product they would like to stack it with( in my case Cellucor's c4) to add some extra kre-alk Creatine and flavor to your preworkout.

all and all, a decent product,better stacked with others, but maybe worth 25-35, even 40$ at max, but definitely not 70$.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good When Stacked W/others
  • Taste
  • Increased Stamina
  • No Stomach Discomfort

Posted August 1, 2011
good review bro, keep it up.

But why the hell did you spend $70.00 on PWO? did you pay that or that was the original price and you got a deal?

Posted August 1, 2011
Good review here, I have taken this product before and besides the taste, it is in no way worth $70. It also didnt last me through my whole workout which was pretty disappointing even after getting it at a discount as well.

Posted August 1, 2011
thanks bro, and yeah i got it with a deal lol, theres no way i would dish out 70 for a pre, he gave me a buy1 get 1 half offer which covered my recovery product at the time so i thought why not, and both costed me ~90$

Posted August 1, 2011
yeah dmarsh i completely agree, it doesn't finish the workout, and def not worth the orig price

jeerree

First preworkout, turned out to be pretty decent.

Tried this out since I felt in need of a preworkout and I had a $22 off coupon to Complete Nutrition, taking the total cost of the tub to about 40 bucks, which, all told, is pretty fair for 1.6 lbs of stuff.

If you look at the ingredients it's all pretty standard preworkout stuff, though they've added 2g creatine, waxy maize, and aminos in there as well. Personally I felt the addition of the last two could've been omitted (more on that later). There is 200mg caffeine and a few vitamins.

I did feel a little bit of energy a few minutes after taking it, and it gave me some decent pumps while working out. I've heard other preworkouts give you this tingly energy that gives you an itch to lift weights. This did not do that. The most this does is allow you to take shorter breaks and enhances your endurance while lifting. It usually lets me go 40 min at high intensity before I feel it start to wear off.

I think this might be due to the fact buzzerk has the waxy maize carb complex and aminos, as it is sort of an all-in-one, which might mute the effects of the stimulants when they're all going down at once. The aminos might not be that useful since I'm already taking an intra-workout and there are not enough in buzzerk to really stand alone. I'll probably go for something else next time.

In terms of taste, I tried the raspberry lemonade flavor and it was quite good. Honestly I would prefer this over some sports drinks. Mixability is decent, just gotta make sure to get the stuff that sticks to the bottom of your shaker.

Final word on pricing: This stuff is not cheap at retail price. Like I said, I spent 40 bucks on this because I had a big $22 discount. I would not spend over $45 on this however. So overall 7/10 for a product that met my needs and tasted good, but I know there is better out there...

• Way Too Expensive For An Average Sup

mempp9

mempp9's Buzzerk Review

I got ahold of some coupons for Complete Nutrition, and I thought I'd give them a shot. I was a newbie with supplements at the time, and BUZZERK was a terrible mistake. I felt a little something the very first time I took it, but after that it was all downhill. It didn't give my a buzz or high energy at all. I hate to be harsh and I recognize that different products/different creatines work better for some than others, but this is just my personal experience. Kre-Alkyln just isn't for me.

Mixability (7/10): This product mixed well for me in a shaker bottle, but there were some particles that floated around that would not dissolve. It didn't bother me, but the texture could freak some people out.

Taste (5/10): I tried the blue razz flavor and it was only so so. It was kind of chalky in taste and if it's not mixed well enough, all of the sour flavoring will sink to the bottom. So it was chalky at first and extremely sour by the time you get to the last drink.

Effectiveness (1/10): I honestly did not feel anything great with this product, nor did my lifts increase in weight. I felt all right after my first try, but after that this was worthless to me.

Value (0/10): This is my biggest issue with this product. It was ridiculously expensive! There are honestly better supplements out there for better prices that offer better overall results. The tub is pretty small and the price will rob you.

Overall (2/10): I was just disappointed in this product. I didn't buy this so it would mix well or taste decently, I bought it to better my workouts and it failed to do that miserably.

Everyone is different, so my advice is to try various PWO products to see what blends work for you. However, I would not recommend this product to be one that even deserves a chance. If you want to try Kre-Alkyln, then go elsewhere. Also, the salesperson will do whatever it takes to sell this junk to you. Avoid it.

Cons:
  • Taste
  • No Stomach Discomfort
  • Costs Twice As Much As It Should

It gives me more power than energy

I think this is a good preworkout. it gives me more power than energy, but i do feel a energy boost. it also has good recovery time. the grape has the best taste of the three. and it doesnt upset my stomache or give me gas. im surprised its not rated higher

I have intense workouts when you combine it with NX6

Been taking Buzzerk for about 3 months. It tastes great especially the Razz Lemonade. I have intense workouts when you combine it with NX6. No upset stomach feeling when you take it. I feel like I could go for hours at the gym. Only con I is the price but it works. I've tried NO explode and this product by far is better.

• Great Pump In The Gym
    • Great For Endurance.

This is by far the best pre-workout Ive ever had

I have been taking Buzzerk on and off for the past 5 months. This is by far the best pre-workout Ive ever had. NO Xplode maybe be cheaper, but its obvious that it is a not as strong of a product. Buzzerk has great taste, as the Razz lemonade is by far the best. I am currently taking Grape and think it is still pretty solid, but still like the former more.

The reason why I enjoy this product so much besides the taste, is the endurance that it gives me in the gym. I dont have jitters as I did with NO Xplode or have ever felt light headed. It gives me a good level of focus over a longer period of time and I can continue to push myself even after 1.5 hours. I notice a difference in the gym when I dont take it.

I can see how the price does bother people, and I get it at the best possible discount of $40. But it is worth it. Highly recommend.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great For Endurance.
    • No Stomach Discomfort

Decent energy, no pump, taste pretty good

decent energy, no pump, taste pretty good. this product is made just like Platinum Pump Fuel, but a little less effective. i rated pump fuel a 3 and i give this product a 2 mostly because the Complete Nutrition guys made this sound like all other pre-workouts should be taken off the shelves to make more room for this product. spend your $65 on a better pre-workout and pocket the extra $20 you'll save.

BS55

BS55's Buzzerk Review

I have gone through one tub of this stuff and to be honest i wasn't impressed with this at all.

Taste: 6/10 I had the watermelon taste. The first couple of times i didn't mind it but the more i took it the less and less i liked the taste, overall it was ok.

Mixability: 7/10...

Mixability: 7/10 I mixed it in a blender bottle and for the most part it mixed well.

Effectiveness: 7/10 To be honest i really liked this product about 7-8 servings into it, it gave me decent pump and i was always ready to lift. But i started having to double scoop about halfway through and for some reason i just felt barely anything. I did enjoy the beta alanine in it though.

Value: 3/10 Not good at all, my buddy works at CN and got a discount for me which made it a little better but at full price its not worth it at all though.

Overall: 6/10 While the value is terrible and taste wasn't very good for me either i still gave it a 6. Honestly the first half of the bottle was pretty decent, i liked what i was feeling. But towards the end i just wasn't liking it at all and the taste drove me away fast. I probably won't go back to this product for sure.

• Costs Twice As Much As It Should
      • Have To Double Scoop To Get Desired Effect.

bhealthy77's Buzzerk Review

Don't waste your money! I have used several of Complete Nutrition's products and have been very disappointed. Overall this product taste pretty good, but the results have been much worse than other pre work outs that cost have the price.
      Part of my complaint with Complete Nutrition is that they...
      Part of my complaint with Complete Nutrition is that they train their staff to try and sell you as many products as they can and then pay them commission and other incentives to do so. Their prices are also ridiculously high when compared to other similar products. With the Buzzerk you will pay $64 for 30 servings, and many other pre work outs are in the range of $35 for 45 servings.
      Also Complete Nutrition has reformulated many of their new products including their pre workouts. For me these new formula's are much less effective from the previous products.
      I will only buy from Complete when they do their buy one get one free sales. This gives you an idea of how much profit they have in their products. They frequently run these buy one get one free sales, and still manage plenty of profit to stay in business. Their prices should be about half of what they normally charge.
      I will say their stores are nice and most of the employee's seem friendly. If you have to shop their stick with a reputable brand rather than buying thier proprietary brands.

Cons:
      • Taste
      • No Stomach Discomfort
      • Way Too Expensive For An Average Sup

It has given me a boost, so can't complain too much

Taste: 8 I have the Cherry Limeade flavor, which is pretty good. If you take it with the recommended water amount it is way too sour, but increase it by a few ounces and it's great.

Effectiveness: 7 I can feel a difference in the gym somewhat but I still get tired at the end of my workouts. It is really good when I'm going for a run.

Price: 4 It is pretty expensive, and I made sure I got it on sale with a coupon. I am also a member so I can get 22% off the first monday, tuesday, wednesday of the month.

Side effects: I've noticed that I get gassy about 30 minutes after I've taken my pre-workout and sometimes have to go to the bathroom before I start lifting.

Overall: 7 It has given me a boost, so can't complain too much, but would be willing to switch to something that worked for me better.

Cons:
      • Taste
      • Good When Stacked W/others
      • Flatulence