Home > Categories > Pre-Workout > Stimulant > Cobra Labs > Curse > Reviews

Curse

By Cobra Labs
Curse Cobra Labs
7.4/10
(Weighted average based on 7 Reviews)

Ranks #94 of 156 (better than 40%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related

LeCajun

Cobra Labs The Curse isn't a bad product by no means

So its about time I get a review, as writing sociology papers are getting annoying.

Cobra labs The Curse seemed like a bargain of price when I got it for 25$ and thought why not try a PWO not many have tried.

Ingredients: The stats are pretty basic with this PWO and that...

Ingredients: The stats are pretty basic with this PWO and that was one of the reason I wanted to try this.

Energizing Muscle Fuel: 3204mg
Beta Alanine, Creatine Monohydrate, Citric Acid
Blood Flow Amplifier: 1300mg
L-Citrulline Malate, L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG)
Extreme Mental Focus: 147mg
Caffeine, Oleuropein Aglycone (From Olive Leaf Extract)

The profile is basic like I said, but needs a little more of some ingredients. Beta alanine is something they could have added more of, as I didn't get much of a tingling sensation. Citrulline Malate is also another ingredient Cobra Labs should have added more of.

Dosing: I started out taking The Curse with just 1 scoop and slowly starting progress up to 2 scoops. After about 2 weeks worth of just taking Curse, I added some beta alanine and citrulline malate. With the addition of those two, Curse seemed to work a little better for me. I added, most of the time, 1 scoop each of beta alanine and citrulline malate, but towards the end of the tub Curse, I went with 2 scoops of citrulline malate. The Cruse claims to only need one 5 gram serving of this but as stated, I would end up using 2 scoops without the beta alanine and citrulline. I only took this 5 days a week on my stack and never more then 3 days in a row.

Effectiveness: By itself, The Curse did give me a decent boost in energy but not too much of pump. If I worked out hard like I usually do, then Curse would give me a little pump. The energy from 1 scoop did give me a boost but adding 2 scoops helped get me dialed in. Getting a pump from a PWO isn't something that I really concerns me too much, because if I don't get a good enough pump from a PWO, I'll just add some citrulline malate.

Value: I gave this a 7 because I would build a tolerance half way through a tub of a PWO, which usually happens with most PWO's. While i got this for 25$ at BBing on sale Curse originally goes for 29.77$ at BBing. Without adding the citrulline malate and beta alanine, I would probably be using about 2 scoops 5 days a week. Using The Curse at 2 scoops for 5 days a week, it costs 1.19$ a serving then.

Cons: There wasn't any bad things to say about this besides you need to use more of the scooper. If Cobra Labs would just dose this at 10 grams (2 scoops) the profile would be better, but the flavor would be a little over powerful then. At 2 scoops the flavor would become a little strong for me. I usually down a PWO pretty fast so flavor doesn't really bug me too much, unless it's a strong flavor.

Overall: Cobra Labs The Curse isn't a bad product by no means and I would say give it try. I had the lemon flavor and it wasn't bad. The Cruse at 2 scoops seemed to be a little sugary for me. The product claims to promote muscle pumps which it did but not much different then any other mild PWO with pumps. After trying this with my last stack, I already have ON new PWO in the mixed berry and got beta crete on sale. So i'm pretty excited to try those new PWO's on my next stack. Like I said give The Curse a try. It isn't something that's going to wow someone but it's a basic profile that you know what you're getting in it.

CamSTL

Posted November 13, 2012
    Some say using "More of the Scooper" or simply finding it is a Pro. To each is own I guess lol.

Jokin, Good review brotha

unltd

The product truly speaks for itself

Okay, so this is my very first review. Whew. Goodluck to me. I hope I do well, since this is my first time here. I found out about SR as I look online on which supplements really work.

Anyway, let's get started. So last 3 months ago, I finished a whole tub of Jack3d. (actually I've been using Jack3d ever since I started weightlifting last year, July 2011. I was at 180lbs that time. Now down to 151lbs; 5'7".) And man. It gave me awesome pumps, and the ED was pretty bad due to the 1,3 Dime. Last month, I was researching on PWO products that don't have 1,3 in it and so I found Curse by Cobra Labs. I bought a tub of Lemon Lime, for nearly P1700 here in our country. ($40.59) Slightly more expensive than Jack3d. I checked the back for the supplement facts, it didn't have 1,3 Dime in it. Highest content was Beta Alanine, Creatine Monohydrate and Citric acid, amounting to 3204mg per serving.

So I took a scoop and a half, half an hour before my workout. I felt the pins and needles, and it got me all pumped up to do some bench! My usual was 130lbs, and I went up to 160lbs! Veins were bulging, and I had a pretty good workout. It felt as if it was my first time using Jack3d. (you guys get that feeling, right?)

So after 2 days I had to take it again before workout. I felt the pins and needles once again, and the feeling was the same. So in other words, everytime I take Curse, it never fails to give me the pins and needles. It really does take a while for your body to get used to it! Builds muscles? Hell yeah. I noticed that my pec size have increased too.(since I was able to bench heavier)

ED? None at all! In fact, my libido has increased. During my rest days, my tool was always ready to "pop". If you knwo what I mean. Hahaha.

Effectiveness: 10/10 'nuff said!

Value: 10/10 I don't mind this being a little expensive than jack3d since the product truly speaks for itself

Taste: 10/10 Lemon Lime was soooo good. It didn't have the bitter taste like what Jack3d had.

Mixability: 10/10 it really dissolves with water. When you finish a glass of this after mixing it well with a spoon, there wouldn't be any reservoir powder at the bottom of the glass.

Overall? 20/10 if only that was possible! I'll definitely buy this PWO drink when I finish my next cycle. I'll try the berry flavor next.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Increase In Libido!

Joshuaco

Sounds like the Ultimate preworkout

Blade410

10s?

The profile looks weak as hell.

Cray

Posted September 29, 2012
      I like the quality of the review but I'd caution against giving all 10s. I mean... really? The product couldn't be ANY better?

Overall a good first review.

BigVida

Posted September 29, 2012
      Pretty good review, but no way its all tens especially for value if its like 40 bucks. Haha, and I've never had a pwo gimme ed, now prohormones, that's another story

unltd

Posted September 29, 2012
      Schedule's been hectic. Just got back online again since posting my review...

@Cray thanks for the commendation on the "good first review"! Lol, my bad if I put all 10s. I guess I just got overwhelmed with its effect vs Jack3d. It might not work for others, but for me? It surely did. Some people find the pins and needles feeling, irritating but I actually like it. It lasted the whole time during my workout session, doing heavyweights.

@BigVida its a shame I don't live in the US. I saw The Curse on BB, and it shows that it's only for $29.77. (That's roughly P1,250 here in my country.) It'd be impractical to order from BB, since the shipping fee will cost a lot. And yeah the 1,3 gave me a temporary ED. Takes awhile before my pecker gets fully erected, which I did not experience with Curse. Pretty amazing, eh? :) Hope it works for those people who experience ED from Jack3d.

Posted September 30, 2012
      I have also tried this new version of the curse, the last one, which I reviewed a year ago on this site, was banned by the NZ govt due to 1,3 Dimeth. The new version is pretty crap in my opinion and nowhere near comparable to the old one so take this review with a grain of salt.

I would highly recommend The Curse to anyone

I orginally completed my first tub of The Curse eight months ago, since then I have finished two additional tubs with a 1 1/2 month break between them.

This product is manufactured in New Zealand by Cobra...

This product is manufactured in New Zealand by Cobra Labs, a subsidiary of Shotgun Supplements. As this product as manufactured on a relatively small scale, I am not aware of its being marketed internationally; however, I would strongly recommend that time is taken to order online from NZ.

My previous experience with pre-workouts includes: NO Shotgun, x2 tubs Superpump, OxyElite Pro, Napalm, Mesormorph, Jack3d, and many others.

I would rate The Curse as follows:

Effectiveness: 9/10 - In comparison to Jack3d, which many users have experience with, I have found this product to be many times more effective. I am particularly resistant to stimulant based products and feel little to nill effects on three scoops of Jacked, but on my third tub of The Curse I can still take only 1 and one-half scoops and feel insane effects.

Taste: 7/10 - Nothing amazing, but then not intended to be taken for the flavour.

Duration: 10/10 - No crash, and will still be feeling extremely focussed and Motivated 8-10 hours after taking.

Energy: 10/10 - Nothing I have yet taken, including ephidrine, is comparable. Will shave 30-35 minutes of my 1 3/4 hour lifting routine. By way of example, my routine previously included 90 press-ups without rest, the first time I used The Curse before this workout, I was able to complete my 90 reps and THEN was still able to clap inbetween push-ups.

Value: 10/10 - $72 NZD for 50 scoops; therefore, 25 days supply if using two scoops in a serving ($72 NZD = $61 NZD). Similar priced to Jacked, but as previously stated: much more effective.

I would highly recommend The Curse to anyone interested in trying a new pre-workout, and would especially recommend to people, like myself, who find themselves resistant to many supplements.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Extreme Focus
      • No Crash
      • Takes A While To Become Resistant

Posted September 3, 2011
        How often did you take this per week?

Posted September 3, 2011
        I was taking it a minimum of 4 days per week as I train 6 days, with Sunday off. I was very impressed by how long it took to gain tolerance taking it that regularly.

Posted September 3, 2011
        Hi I am half way done with my first tub of the curse, because of your review and I have to say I am not disappointed. Can I ask you though, why is it necessary to take a hiatus in between PWO powders such as the curse (one month on, one month off). In the month off, do you not take a PWO drink at all? Thanks for your help.

Posted September 3, 2011
        Looking back on my review a year later. The govt here banned the original curse early this year and since then the company has produced a new version was is not very effective. Sad to see the days of the old curse gone, the only stimulant I have ever used that compares to this would be a good 30mg dose of amphetamine.

Cobra Labs: The Curse

This is my second review on this site. I stumbled upon SupplementReviews.com in the past when buying products I had never tried. As I became more of a self-proclaimed supplement veteran through ingredient knowledge and personal experience, I decided it was time to offer my own opinions and insight on the vast number of supplements I've used.

Before trying The Curse, I had heard absolutely nothing about it. I pride myself in being the first out of my friends to try a product, and let them know how it worked for me. I enjoy experimenting and keeping unbiased views toward products/companies.

I used this product 2 separate times, 2 full containers.

Taste (10/10):
        I had the Lemon Rush flavor, and after the first taste I was in shock. I'd never tasted a PWO supplement that I actually enjoyed, until I tried The Curse. Over time the flavor does get old, but I expect this with every supplement I take on a daily basis.

Energy (8/10):
        I live for the "tingling" sensation that Beta Alanine gives as well as a significant energy boost, and this product definitely delivered on that. Within 30 minutes I would feel a rush of energy from the caffeine, and I felt ready to dominate the weights.

Results (5/10):
        This is where the product fell short in my mind. While using this product, I did not have any significant strength gains. I saw gains in general, but none that I could attribute to the PWO itself. I also did not see any lean muscle weight gain while using this product. The serving suggestion is 1-3 scoops, and as I expected, I built up a tolerance quickly.

No side effects were experienced.

One thing that really concerns me, is when different blend dosages are given, rather than individual ingredients. I prefer to know the amount of each ingredient individually, especially with ingredients such as caffeine.

I probably will not use the product again, as my goals now are different then they were when I used this product.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Feels Clean
        • Build Tolerance Quickly
        • No Noticeable Gains
        • Individual Ingredient Doses Not Given

cssrss

Posted October 20, 2013
        Good review man. So what changed about your goals and why doesn't that encourage you to buy any more Curse?

Posted October 20, 2013
        Thank you, and I feel like when I used this product I was more focused on leaning out and did longer workouts. Now I am more focused on increasing my lean muscle mass, and building more strength so my workouts tend to be shorter. I'd prefer a product that assists those aspects rather than just gives me steady energy. I have a nice stack right now that I'll be reviewing when I finish the all of the prodcuts.

Well i can say this stuff will blow your mind away the focus and energy

So a mate recommended the Curse to me as i found jack3d to be very weak. Well i can say this stuff will blow your mind away the focus and energy i got from this stuff was out of this world. I could lift more and get my work out done at a faster rate also i found it very hard to leave the gym as i just wanted to keep lifting and lifting.

Taste Well there is only 1 Flavor which is Magic Berry which i found to be ok i have tasted better

side effects i can say i didn't have any bad ones besides if you take the 3 shots of it you will be pinging off your head for a few hours.

Gains after measuring up and viewing photos i found i had made some good gains on it.

Would i buy this again. Yes i would but im trying out all the top pwo at the moment to see which one works best for me but i would recommend this pwo to people.

Made all of us sick

Heard some good things about this supplement and decided to try it. First time I tried it, got so sick, went to the bathroom four times in an hour.

Thought it might just be my system and tried it on and off for a few months. Shared it with my training partner and my brother thinking it may work fine for them. Same result. Made all of us sick. Emailed the company and they never replied.

Posted November 22, 2012
          The label says it all then...

Posted November 22, 2012
          I got tolerance from this product at the 2nd week. now i gotta have 3 scoops before get to the gym. no tinglings skin anymore. but still has a great focus altough the power wasn't the same since i took it for the 1st time

This is one of the best pre-trainers I have used

This is one of the best pre-trainers I have used. I like them strong!

This is one of the best pre-trainers I have used. I like them strong!

I have used many pre-trainers from Jack3d, NOXPump, noxplod, NanoVapor, SuperPump250, Shotgun, rocked, Black Powder and stacked them with other nitric oxide supplements. Nothing comes close to the curse.

It taste and mixes great... and it's strong. DAM STRONG !!!

Pumps = YES!
          Intensity = YES!
          Focus = YES!
          Value for money = (always can be better)

I've gone through 3 tubs and will do again. Next on the try list is the new SuperPump Max.

Jcarreno

a little more info bro.

Posted July 17, 2011
            Well it comes in a small tub. 1 concentrated scoop like Jack3d.

Ingredients:
            There are no fillers, no sugar, no Maltodextrin and no sugar. So its great for low carb dieters. It seems to have a lot of beta-alanine in it from as your get the skin tingle sensation.

The mix is a propriety blend, so the dose and amounts you cannot tell how much of each ingredients. It also contains Shizandrol A (same a Jack3d), 1,3-Dimethylamylamine also known as geranium. So don't use it if you are a tested athlete it will come up in the drug testing.

It doesn't contain any BCAA in it like some of the other pre-trainers.

Taste:
            Unfortunately it comes in only 1 flavour. But the flavour taste great 'Magic Berry' - taste like a non sweet strawberry.

Mix:
            Mixes well with water, non granular.
            I usually add about 10g of BCAA's in it.

Side effects:
            There are no crash effect like 1MR. No bloating either. No gas and super farts or super dumps. Easy on the stomach.

I done some of my best lifts using The Curse.

I definitely recommend it, if you are after something stronger. If you use 2-3 scoops of Jack3d and find it is not strong enough use this. You won't regret it.

Posted July 17, 2011
            Hi Bro, i feel the same exact way about pre workout drinks. I like them strong and the curse doesnt dissapoint. Do you take a break between tubs or do you just jump on into the next tub?