Cellucor P6 Black

P6 Black Cellucor
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (15 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 78% (Reliable)

Compare Similar Products:

Products in the same category:

USP Labs Pink Magic Reviews
Purus Labs D-Pol Reviews
D-Pol (68 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

cellucore P6 Black and red stacks
hello I have bought the red and black stacks from cellucore but I haven't r...

KevO Grinding
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's about time I started a Journal/Log. Anyways I&#...

looking to trade M5 reloaded fruit punch and P6 Black
I have several products I am looking to trade: M5 reloaded fruit punch - unopen...

P6 Black by cellucor ingrediants
How do you guys feel about the ingredients they are using? Do you think they are...

P6 Black for $36+free shipping!!
Add to cart and use the code 21397 for 50% off, pretty good deal http://www.gnc...

Cellucor P6 Black Re-Launch Coming Soon
Just saw this tweet via Cellucor. Clippy has wood now. Cellucor has finally ann...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

P6 Black Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
P6 Black Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Muscle (10)
  • Motivation (9)
  • Libido (9)
  • Increased Energy (7)
  • Expensive (5)
  • Increased Acne (2)
  • Don't Take On Empty Stomach (1)
  • Limited Strength Gains (1)
June 24, 2013

Reviews: 71

Age: 31

June 24, 2013
Good idea, not so good in the result department...

Thanks to Cellucor for the opportunity to try out their newest test booster P6 Black. I had tried the previous couple versions with varying success, so I had decent expectations for this product. The science and explanations of the ingredient profile in P6 Black by Mike over at Cellucor sounded pretty good on paper, however its performance was lackluster in the end.

Profile:
Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol) 833%
Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate) 100%
Zinc (As Zinc Monomethionine) 200%
Copper (As Copper Bis (Glycinate) Chelate) 100%
Nootropic Testosterone Matrix 2105mg
D-Aspartic Acid Magnesium Chelate, D-Serine, Alpha GPC (L-Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine), 3,3'-Diindolymethane, Androstenolone
Androgen Support Matrix 358mg
Zinc Monomethionine, Mucuna Pruriens Seed Extract (Standardized For L-Dihydroxyphenylalanine), Andrographis Paniculata Aerial Parts Extract (Standardized For Andrographolides Content) Cholecalciferol, Copper Bis (Glycinate) Chelate, Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate

An interesting approach to a test boosting product.
There are several effective test boosting ingredients, as well as nootropic/mood enhancing ingredients, however they are all in prop blends leaving the user in the dark in regards to actual amounts of each individual ingredient.
The type of DAA used is supposedly more effective in a lesser quantity, but honestly it did not feel that way.
All in all, it seemed to be a good approach with some sound science behind it, but as we all know what looks good on paper does not always translate to real world results.

Dosing Protocol:
I went with 4caps a day, which allowed for a full 4week run. However, as stated on the bottle experienced users can go up to 6 caps. At the recommended 3cap dose the DAA looks severly underdosed, but according to Cellucor their form of DAA requires less to be effective, yea dont think so...

Effectiveness: 5
Meh not much to say here...
I expected at the very least to see the 'typical' test boosting effects of a product of this type.
In terms of those effects, the most I saw was an increase in acne and a minor libido boost. No hardness, leaning, or strength gains whatsoever. So pretty much a fail in the test boosting department.
What I did get out of P6 Black however, was a better/deeper sleep pattern and some enhanced feelings of focus while working out. By no means where either of these effects greatly pronounced but they were a noticeable, welcomed effect.
In all honesty, this product felt more like a nootropic/sleep aid then a test booster.

As always Cellucor has high prices, and P6 Black is no exception.
$65-$80 retail for month supply is ridiculous, especially considering its effectiveness and wide range of dosing protocol(3-6caps daily).
Id venture to guess 6 caps may be more effective, however each bottle would only last 15 days with that dosing protocol, leaving your bank account thoroughly raped.
All in all, not a good value anyway you look at it.

I wanted this one to be a winner, but unfortunately it was a flop for me. I cant recommend P6 Black, simply because the price is too high and the effectiveness was lackluster.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Focus
  • Better Sleep
  • Increased Acne
lava135
lava135

Joined: 2/2012
Reputation: +3568
Looks like you took another one for the team. :)

Reputation: +1134
P6 gives you wings ?

June 21, 2013

Reviews: 69

June 21, 2013
P6 Black: A synonym for worthless

I have not given a product a 0/10 in a long time, but in all seriousness. This products deserves that and even more. I am not a Cellucor hater, I actually have liked a lot of their supplements, but Good Lord this supplement was worthless in every single way possible.

Profile(N/A): first of all, when I first got the bottles of this supplement. I could not really see the details of the ingredients because of the way the non-commercial label was made. However, it disclose the the "size" of the blend and based on that I could tell this supplement was underdosed.

P6 Black is supposed to be the comeback for their legendary anabolic of back in the day. In 2008, the original P6 was an actual prohormoned/DS based supplement. This was the profile

androsta-1, 4-diene-3, 17-dione 200mg
androstene-1-ene-3b-ol, 17-one- 3rd gen adro 175mg
19-norandrosta-4, 9diene-3, 17-dione 90mg

This were some of the claims on the old one:

"P6 BLACK also has and advanced “Hyper-Androgen Transport System” that provides MCTs ensure the lipophilic nature of these prohormones, enhancing absorption into the lymphatic system as well as the blood. N-acetyl-l-cysteine and Andrographis ensure liver health and the activity of the 3b and 17b enzymes. Also, we're debuting the use of Triterpene Glycoside of the Black Cohosh, which has been clinically compared to 6,7dihydroxybergamottin at enhancing prohormone absorption in the body by blocking certain liver enzymes that can destroy them. We've also incorporated diindolylmethane for the proper use and metabolism of the small amount of estrogenic hormones that result from this formula, which will only aid in anabolic growth and noticeable size gains. P6 BLACK will, without a doubt, be the best, single prohormone product you will ever take, specially formulated to be the most powerful, efficient, and safe prohormone combination to be in existence today. The androgens selected were chosen for their potency, specific androgenic and anabolic function, and the lack of side effects involved. With this product you'll get more muscle density, striations, vascularity, and overall lean size than you'll get form any other prohormone product on the market, 100% money back guaranteed. "

-----------------------0------------------

This the profile for the new one.

Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol) 3332IU 833%
Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate) 2mg 100%
Zinc (As Zinc Monomethionine) 30mg 200%
Copper (As Copper Bis (Glycinate) Chelate) 2mg 100%

Nootropic Testosterone Matrix 2105mg †

Androgen Support Matrix 358mg †

As you can quickly tell, there is a big difference in the profiles, but Cellucor is trying to use the hype of the old p6 and fool people thinking they will get the same results with an all natural and underdosed new P6.

I also have a hard time trying to understand the need of modifying DAA with a magnesium chelate. Regardless if that whole thing about not reacting with the stomach acid is true or not, regular plain old D-Aspartic Acid is the only that has been proven to work, not one of the fancy designer versions. They want to compare to creatine and how some have used the magnesium chelate. Ironically, they used creapure(creatine monohydrate) creatine in their CreaCore; none of that fancy stuff. This should tell you that sometimes, there is no need to change what has been proven to work for so many years.

Effectiveness (0/10): nothing, absolutely nothing. I felt no difference at all while taking this. The whole thing about focus, nootropic effect, strength and all the BS hype they feed you. I was taking this exactly as the instructions said. I even try to make some changes in the way I was taking it just to see if that actually made a diffeerence. However, in the 40 days of taking this supplement, I had no resulsts or "gains."

I was not expecting a magic muscle builder, I did not have high expectations from it, but I did not think it was going to be such a worthless supplement.

Value (0/10): who the *** are they fooling with that price for a whole bunch of ***ty underdosed ingredients? The guys at Cellucor really want us to pay the cost of their labels and containers. I am not going to deny it, they are fancy and they look pretty ***ing awesome on the shelves, but that crap does not fool me anymore. The price for this at GNC is $89.99; bodybuilding.com is $79.99 plus S&H and Total Nutrition Warehouse is $63.89, but I have no idea who they are and I doubt anybody here knows.

Overall(0/10): Cellucor, wtf is this sh...? seriously. This is a turd all the way, a complete disappointment. Cellucor is a brand that really tries to put quality supplements, even though they are overpriced, but their effectiveness and quality really make up for that. However, I will not pay close to $100.00 for a DAA designer supplement with a whole bunch of of herbs, DHEA and vitamin D. In other words, get something else and skip P6 Black.
Pros:
Cons:
    • Worthless

Reputation: +2878
    Great review bud. This stuff did very little for me

Reputation: +1134
    So you mean you tell me you can take this as an alternative for M-drol and get the same results ?

WarMachine
    WarMachine

Joined: 1/2012
    Reviews: 74
    Reputation: +2360
    You'd also have to use the flex belt and ab lounge gkeezy, in order to get m-drol results.

LOL

cssrss

Joined: 2/2013
    Reviews: 12
    Reputation: +114
    Great review Chichi! I think all the cellucor supps in my room just exploded after reading it out loud tho lol

June 9, 2013

Age: 35

June 9, 2013
    Overhyped, Overpriced and just not effective

A special thanks to MikeCellucor over at Cellucor for supplying a limited number of the ER team with 4 bottles of P6 Black Legendary. Cellucor is always generous at letting the Experts review new and prerelease products, they are a true standup company. However, some people on this site think Cellucor is infallible, can do no wrong, is even legendary. Well folks, if they product is over hyped, overrated and overpriced I will be the one to burst that "bubble". This site is founded on the belief that unbiased, trusted reviews will be submitted by the members. This is especially important with the ER crew that obtains these products for free. We are under no obligation to write a positive review, no matter how generous a company (like Cellucor) is or will be in the future. Now for the review...

P6 Black is a revised version of the older P6 Black in 2008, which is not not available for sale as it was a PH/DS stack of 3 compounds if memory serves correct. This new version of P6 replaces the previously mentioned P6 Black with this more DAA/nootropic version.

How I ran it: The production run bottle states 3 pills once a day, however for experienced users you can run up to 6 pills per day. I essentially split the middle and ended at 4 pills per day for the duration of the 4 week cycle.

Ingredient Listing:
    Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol) 833%
    Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate) 100%
    Zinc (As Zinc Monomethionine) 200%
    Copper (As Copper Bis (Glycinate) Chelate) 100%
    Nootropic Testosterone Matrix 2105mg
    Androgen Support Matrix 358mg

The first thing will notice from the standard 3 pill per day dosage is that it appears significantly underdosed in the DAA category. You will see that this isn't your standard DAA, as it is a D-Aspartic Acid Magnesium Chelate. This chelated form of DAA features a fusion of D-Aspartic Acid with Magnesium. In the same hopes as Creatine Magnesium Chelate, this DAA version is suppose to not readily react with the stomach acids and instead gets a "free-pass" to the rest of the body for enhanced absorption. Sounds AWESOME on paper, but I am skeptical.

But, as alot of people know Cellucor products typically perform well, regardless of what the actual label says (similar to the older P6 Red Extreme, which I loved). Let's examine the effectiveness, value and the overall conclusion.

Additionally, there is a nootropic component to this supplement. The Alpha-GPC and Serine both have been shown to elevate focus and clarity.

Effectiveness 5: Short answer, very big disappointment. Much more detailed analysis...
    I did not have unreal expectations from what I wanted out of P6 Black. Walking into this relationship with the same expectations as triple compound Ph/Ds gains is very unrealistic. I was expecting a top tier natural test booster given Cellucor's reputation and the price point of the product. Lets examine three specific aspects of natural test boosters: Strength Gains, Side Effects and Sleep. Also we will examine the nootropic effects it provide during workouts.

Strength Gains 5: Strength gains were on par with normal increases from hard work, good diet and solid sleep. Perhaps a slight increase in strength numbers did exist above and beyond the normal amounts I typically have been seeing. Most of you follow my log and have seen steady progress prior to P6 Black, so I did not see an substantial uptick in strength. This is the most disappointing aspect of the product, as it is the primary selling point. If you want further information regarding my gains, please check my log over the past 4 weeks, but also examine the gains prior to that. Honestly this is on par with any other DAA supplement, but it does have an Androgen Support Matrix which is does support the for better gains.

Sides 5: Increases in ache on face and torso were evident. Also I noticed an increase in oily skin, nothing as major as some of the other experts but there was a uptick.

Sleep 7: I had noticeably better sleep and much more REM sleep while on this product. Consistently I slept better night in night out. I know sleep isn't one of the main items you think of with natty test boosters, but this was solid.

Nootropic 6: A slight increase in focus and "in the zone" feeling was noticable. Workouts generally were longer and duration was increased. This was the first nootropic that I actually felt working, which was a pleasant surprise, since the strength gains were not there.

Value 3: How do i even begin to rate this product. It is a designer form of DAA, nootropic and and has androgen support. First I can think of is to not charge $80 retail. I know it can be obtained for slightly cheaper on other sites or with coupons at the time of release, but seriously $80 is the going price currently on major sites. For a product that has significant deficiencies, this is outrageous. Well, it is 4 weeks for about 20 dollars a week. You can decide if it was worth the value. Better products out there for less money. Even the Cellucor P6 Red Extreme is much much better than this.

Conclusion 4: In conclusion, I have to rate this product a 4. The effectiveness really takes a nose dive in terms of strength gains. The nootropic effect works nicely and there were some minor positives to the product, but not in the main areas are purchasing it for. Additionally, the price is really cost prohibitive when you factor in the terrible effectiveness. Cellucor does not have a winner here in my honest and unbiased opinion. Thoughts welcome in the comment section.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Better Sleep
    • Focus
    • Alertness
    • Motivation
    • Limited Strength Gains
    • Increased Acne

Joined: 9/2010
    Reviews: 69
    Reputation: +2161
    excellent review brother. I feel exactly the same way about this ***... I have a lot of respect for Cellucor because they do have some really top notch supps, but this *** is more than just a turd, straight diarrhea

Reputation: +2878
    Yea chichi. I love a lot of cellucor products but this is just a massive letdown and dump. Forgot about that side too. Not as bad as test powder but a close second. Lol

Clipper83
    Clipper83

Joined: 1/2012
    Reviews: 80
    Reputation: +2333
    Over-hyped products deserve a lot of critisism, nice.

Joined: 8/2010
    Reviews: 71
    Reputation: +3978
    I feel the same Bladeski, it was a total flop for me, my ratings wont be as generous with exception of the nootropic part.

GTpro900
    GTpro900

Joined: 10/2010
    Reviews: 20
    Reputation: +89
    Great review, with the ER criticism it makes me wonder about the previous reviews on this product. I liked the p6 red second generation way more than the chrome series.

Reply #6:
    Meuth
    Meuth

Joined: 3/2010
    Reviews: 40
    Reputation: +3594
    Review Authenticity is 32%? Yeah, I'd be suspicious too.

Good job Blade!

Reply #7:

Reputation: +2878
    Perhaps at 6 pills a day it would be effective, but I will be damned to spend 160 dollars for a 4 week cycle of DAA, regardless of how designer it is.

Reply #8:
    jmlstocks
    jmlstocks

Joined: 7/2010
    Reviews: 46
    Reputation: +2497
    Thank you Blade for the honesty. I'm frankly a little confused on why the daa is so underdosed

December 8, 2013

December 8, 2013
    It gets the job done

Hey guys, this is my first review so I hope I don't fudge it up too bad but here goes. I've been lookin around and researching here on SR for about a year now, asked a few questions, posted in the forum, but now I believe it's time for my first review. I didn't see any reviews for P6 black and I usually do not buy any products without checkin them out on here first, but I got a killer deal so I had to jump on in. I have some experience with natural test boosters and DAA products but I would def not call my experience extensive. I used this product on a bulk, lifting heavy (6-8 reps til failure), and eating as much food as I could fit in there. I took the whole summer off from he gym and got back in there around the beginning of September. Although I believe I should have waited to hit a plateau before adding his to my supp stack, I felt like I wanted to give myself a boost to get back this gains that I lost during the summer off. I was taking P6 along wih all the staples, the only non staple product I ended up adding was erase about halfway through the p6 bottle. More on this later.

-Ingredients- 7
    The main ingredient in the product is D aspartic acid. But this is not any old DAA, it is d aspartic acid magnesium chelate. Supposedly it is more absorbable after ingestion then regular DAA. It is a little underdosed compared to regular DAA but the fact that it is magnesium chelated is supposed to make up for the difference in dose.

-Dosing- 10
    Suggested to take 3 caps per workout day, 30 minutes before workout and 3 caps with first meal on non workout days. Very easy and simple dosing protocol. I dosed this a little differently to stretch it a little bit. I took a standard 3 cap dose before workouts but I only took 2 caps on non workout days. I only weigh about 180 lbs so I believe I do not need a maximum dose to get full benefit from the supplement. This allowed me to get about 5 extra days out of the bottle.

-Side Effects- 8
    Typical sides associated with test boosters. Oily skin, increased aggression, and sky high libido. The oily skin was not much of a problem bc I did not see an increase in acne which I usually experience with other T boosters. Increased aggression was a bit annoying bc I drive around for work all day and I did experience a large increase in road rage. I wanted to beat the crap out of all the slow pokes that cut me off or pulled out in front of me. Increased libido, I am 26 so I don't need much help but this made me feel like I was in high school again. This also did give me that alpha male feeling that is sought out from these products. Even though I'm not nearly the biggest or strongest guy in the gym, I certainly felt like it. About 2 weeks into p6 I got a little concerned because while doing housework I bumped my left nipple against a doorframe and it felt a little sensitive. It was probably all in my head but I wanted to be safe instead of sorry and I had about a half bottle of erase sitting in my arsenal. So i added erase to the final 3 weeks of the p6 run.

-Effectiveness- 9
    The sides I experienced and the intensity increase in my workouts led me to believe that this product was indeed effective. The biggest benefit to this product was the workout intensity. I wanted to lift every single weight in the building and I felt like I did. I had to force myself to stop adding workouts to my regimen and avoid overtraining. I added about 10-15 pounds on my compound lifts but keep in mind I was building back up to where I once was in he past. In my experience this comes easier then something that was never there if you know what I mean.

-Value/Price- 3
    This is where the product takes a HUGE hit. I purchased this bottle at a major discount that I found posted in the deals forum. I believe it came out to about $35 including shipping. I was just looking online and I was amazed to see the product being sold for $79 not including shipping. This is a ridiculous price. Most natty boosters do not even approach $40 if you go to the right sites so $79 is horrid. At $35 I believe it is a good to average value, at $79 it is a horrible value.

-Overall- 7
    In my opinion, this is a quality product. It definitely helped me to jump start my progress to return to where I once was prior to a 3 month break from lifting. Acne was minimal which is a huge plus for me. I believe that it did actually boost my test because of the aggression and increased libido but I did not get any blood work so I canno prove it without a doubt. The only downside to this product is the crazy price. If you could find it on sale I would reccamend giving it a shot but I would stay away at $79 unless your Don Trump.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Libido
    • Motivation
    • Strength Gains
    irondude
    irondude

Joined: 5/2013
    Reviews: 5
    Reputation: +245
    $35..... Where was that?!!!! Share the source with us !!! By the way nice 1st review. This product looks nice but for that price I can get 2 TX3!!!

Joined: 3/2013
    Reputation: +4
    Thanks man, I've gained so much knowledge from this site and I felt like it was time to give back, more reviews to come. I found this deal in the forum here in the deals section. Here's the link:

I almost pooped myself when I saw the real price.

ron
    ron

Joined: 9/2011
    Reviews: 16
    Reputation: +1987
    Nice job on your first review!!!

skinny2SWOLE

Reviews: 6

Age: 37

May 16, 2013
    P6 Black is where its at!!!

I'm 37 so to me P6 Black is an amazing supplement. I didn't notice the power until mid week 2 and it was hold on!!! Definitely different from any other supplement I've taken before. I want to try P6 Red to see how this product compares and get the most out of the cycle. I'm start with the effectiveness since that's all that matters with this one.

EFFECTIVENESS 10/10
    I felt connected from the get go with this and i believe its due to the nootropics. I was in a zone and nobody was gonna break me from it. Come week 2 i decided to push a lil more weight compared to normal and i killed it!!! I hit a few extra reps and kept adding weight as the weeks went on. I tried to jump 5-10lbs more each week and it was easy. By week 4 i destroyed all my max's and set new PR's. I added about 6lbs of muscle with this and seemed to look a little more trimmed but more blocky.

SERVINGS SIZE 10/10
    Standard gel caps. if you follow the suggested serving its 3 caps 30 minutes before training on workout days and 3 caps in the morning with breakfast on off days. That's it... Super easy.

TASTE 10/10
    They are gel caps so there's really no taste. I have tried others that had a horrible after taste but P6 has none.

OVERALL 10/10
    If you want to push more weight and possibly put on a few pounds I would definitely recommend this product. Its a great natural test booster. I would say the strength increases alone in 4 weeks are worth it.

Age: 21

May 16, 2013
      Does what it's supposed to

Before I start my review I want to give a thanks to Cellucor for supplying me with a product to review. Now that formalities are out of the way let me jump right into the review. I will keep it simple and tell you how I felt. I will review on focus, vascularity, endurance/gains, and mood. I took this product as directed which is 30 minutes before a workout and with your first meal on off days. I am 21 and understand that my testosterone levels are still relatively high but here is my experience.

Focus: Many products advertise their products as being able to increase focus, this one is no different. I’m not going to say that the product made me feel like a monster on the average day. But, on days that I took a preworkout with P6 it was intensified big time. I’ve been using pre workouts for years and don’t get all that much of an effect except some increased vascularity and endurance usually. When I stacked with C4 on leg days I didn’t even want to take rests between sets. I absolutely hate leg days, but my workouts was so intense that I was blowing through exercises like it was nothing. By the time I was ending my workouts with dead lifts my body was finally coming down from the rush. I left the gym ready for the drive home and didn’t feel any crash effects. It needs to be stated that I would never buy this product for the "focus," do that with a preworkout not a test booster.

Vascularity: I want to believe that I was incredibly vascular due to increased Test amounts but I wasn’t. Instead, my muscles were tighter and more “solid” after about two weeks into the use. Muscle was certainly more dense by the end of the cycle but not incredibly vascular.

Endurance and gains: Though I won’t say that I got huge in a month’s time, I can honestly say my gains improved. I moved 30 pounds on bench and 90 pounds on squat by the end of the month. More than enough of a gain to say that it works.

Mood: This was the biggest effect that I felt both inside and outside of the gym. My mood started off as a little irritable for the first few days and my workouts were scattered. But about a week into the use, I became extremely motivated. I was always wanting to workout and constantly eating. At work (I’m a mechanic) I got into “work mode” before I even left the house. You can attribute this to increased focus or an increase in self-worth but either way I felt great.

Overall: For the price of this T booster I will definitely continue to run cycles of P6 black. Between the increased appetite, better mood, and increased gains it’s definitely worth a try. I am by no means saying it’s a miracle product, but it helped me get up, get motivated, and make gains which is what it’s designed to do. Not to mention the increased intensity of C4 and Beta Cret while using it. For the price of this T booster I will definitely continue to run cycles of it.

*As a side note I should add that my libido was increased. I contribute this more to the mood increase than anything else. I'm married and enjoyed my marriage a lot more while on this product. I'll leave it at that. ;)

Reputation: +2878
        U moved 90# on squats and 30# on bench I. 30 days an u don't give it a thumbs up?

Reputation: +11
        It's all about what you want out of a product. Everyone stated that it gives a "Super human" focus. I didn't get that. Nor do I think that someone under the age of at least 22 even really Needs to use a test booster. So, to those seriously looking for a test booster because their levels have Dropped then I recommend it. But, for the Younger athlete, I don't recommend it. So do I recommend it? Maybe. That's my answer. If it sounds like from my response that it should be thumbs up then that's what it is. I should have clarified that in my review.

Reputation: +11
        Also, I definitely hit the gym Way more than I usually would have, but only due to the increased appetite and motivation. I actually never even planned out a meal like I usually do when I run a test cycle.

Reputation: +2878
        I am only trying to make the point if I put 90 pounds and 30 pounds on my squat and bench respectively in 30 days I would be ecstatic. That is fantastic in my opinion.

Reputation: +11
        Well, if I'm not mistaken, the question asked with the thumbs up/thumbs down symbol was "recommend?" So if I was asked would you recommend P6 Black to me? My answer would be "maybe." It would all depend on the circumstances. I don't just randomly recommend T boosters to those who either don't need it or won't feel much effect from it. It's not a matter of if I enjoyed the product or not; otherwise it would be a thumbs up. Hope that explains it better. Sorry for any miscommunication there.

Reply #6:

Reputation: +2878
        Fair enough. Thanks for the additional information.

May 12, 2013

browguy808

Reviews: 5

Age: 33

May 12, 2013
        Works well

I usually will use a number based rating system, but instead of that I will just go through the positive and negative experiences that I had with this product. First of all, I always change my training up to mix things up, but lately Ive been back on gaining as much strength as possible on the big 3. I received a 30 day supply of the new P6 split up in 3 bottles that were rough labeled since it wasn’t even out yet on the market. The first thing I noticed was that my strength stayed consistent. This is one of the main reasons why I like using T boosters is to keep my strength up. Another thing that I noticed was an increase in Libido even though I never have a problem in that department. Being 33 yrs old, its nice to have a t-booster to help me feel like Im 21 again. I felt and looked bigger also while being at a lower bodyweight. As you can see, so far so good. As far as negative sides go or anything of that nature, I did experience an increase in acne and irritability, which are usually associated with a natural t-booster. Im already short fused, so I noticed that little bothered me more. These factors are not really a big deal to me, but I know some people are finicky about that sort of thing. In conclusion, I definitely recommend this product for anyone looking to increase size and strength with increased libido.
        May 11, 2013

Age: 21

May 11, 2013
        P6 Black is the real deal

I have been using P6 black for about 4 weeks on everyday. I would always take it 30 mins. before my workout and can notice the energy and focus slightly surging through me. During my workout, I notice my strength has gone up and I am able to get in a few more sets and reps in all of my exercises. I am also capable of lifting heavier weights that I have never attempted to do and have set a few good personal records. The muscle pumps are unbelievable and are bigger than what I usually have. I also see there is more muscularity along the way. On my rest days, I notice that I have a lot more muscle fullness than usual and love that feeling. This is a terrific product by Cellucor and actually works! I would recommend this product to people who wants to build more strength in their exercises and build more muscles. Also people who may have low testosterone levels in their bodies.
          SoCalLivin
          SoCalLivin

Reviews: 20
          Reputation: +824
          Not only is this a bad review, it sounds fake. Another Cellucor P6 fanboy. Join the rest.

Reputation: +2878
          Force factor sponsored athlete. Appears legitimate.

Joined: 5/2013
          Reputation: -5
          Thanks Blade. SoCalLivin, I have been on this for 4 weeks straight and noticed results and it is not fake. Why would I make it up and post a fake review. Not only did this help me but my training, nutrition, supplementation and rest benefited too. Certain things work for certain people so you wouldn't know until you have tried.

May 8, 2013

tydallas

Reviews: 2

Age: 24

May 8, 2013
          P6 BLACK

First of all, P6 Black is an amazing product. Definitely different from any other supplement I've taken before. I was very excited to see the announcement of this product being released again since I've heard nothing but good reviews from the original P6 Black. Also, I love P6 Red so I was excited to see how this product compares.

TASTE 10/10 : There is really no issue with the taste of this product since it is in pill form. However some pills leave a gross after taste in your mouth but P6 has none. The three caps per serving go down very smoothly.

SERVINGS SIZE 10/10 : The suggested serving is 3 caps 30 minutes before training on workout days and 3 caps in the morning with breakfast on off days. Very simple to take, no issues with serving size whatsoever.

EFFECTIVENESS 10/10 : Now on to the good stuff. I was very impressed with this product from day one. The nootropics are very noticable right out of the gate. I was super in the zone during my first workout, almost like an adderall affect. I also noticed the effects of the test booster a lot sooner than I have when taking P6 Red. By week 2 I started noticing increased libido + strength increase. I kept track of all of my lifts and increased weight on every lift every single week.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product to anybody looking for a natural test booster. I would say the strength increases while taking this are comparable to P6 Red, but in a lot shorter time.
            May 7, 2013

jaseb3

Reviews: 4

May 7, 2013
            Great reformulation!

I’m a pretty normal dude at the gym. I’m 6’1”-6’2”, weighing in around 190-195. I hit the gym about 4xs/wk and am usually there for 60-90 mins at a time. I wasn’t looking to get MASSIVE on P6 Black. I was looking to increase strength, decrease fat and put on a few lbs of muscle while I was at it. I have tried P6 Extreme (2 mo cycle), and to be VERY honest, I didn’t like the stuff at all. Did it work? Yes. But I was extremely irritable for 1.5 months of the 2 months I took it. I had some great gains with it, but the side effects were not worth it IMO. P6 Black is A WHOLE NEW BALL GAME!
            P6 Black: I’m sure you’ve looked at the label, seen the ingredients and though, “Ok…now what does that even mean?”. It can be very dangerous to just trust the labels of products that aren’t extremely regulated by the FDA (and even those that are regulated by them), so I approached this product with caution. I have a degree in neuroscience, so the science behind hormone and nootropic products is right up my alley.
            Nootropic: So what in the world is a nootropic? Well, really it’s anything that has a cognitive-enhancement function, whether that be memory, processing speed or an overall sense of awareness. In P6 Black the “nootropic effect” is from Alpha-GPC (aGPC) and D-Serine (Ser). aGPC is basically a choline. Acetyl Choline is actually the main signaling molecule in the nervous system…for example, it is what your brain sends to your muscles to get them to contract…so having more choline around allows you to produce more acetyl choline which means the brain can work more efficiently (it doesn’t have to produce quite so much in order to get the same effect). D-Serine though is where my interest was sparked with this product. If you know anything about neurotransmission, you know that neurons communicate in localized areas called synapses where they sent a molecule (neurotransmitter) to another neuron, which will then pass that info along. The neurons control what they “hear” from other neurons by channels that let these neurotransmitters either pass through to induce their effect, or block out. D-Serine opens these NMDA channels (which are typically only activated if you place an larger-than-normal emphasis on whatever you’re doing) and it opens it better than the neurotransmitter that usually opens it! (Ser is also a precursor to many other amino acids) For example, to memorize something you often have to repeat it over and over and over. This exaggerated effort would open NMDA channels to increase that particular synapse and increase your memory. The more NMDA channels you have open, the longer that memory or effect will last. So, will P6 Black increase my memory? In all honesty, maybe! The brain is very complex (duh!) so it has very complex regulation systems that might not allow these products to enter as well as Cellucor “hopes”. After my month trial of P6 Black, did I notice any nootropic effect? Not really. But maybe it’s because it was just a slight effect and I wasn’t able to discriminate between my baseline and the change. I still think it’s a cool way to approach this type of product, though, and I am definitely endorsing it to my gym buddies.
            Strength Gains: Everyone knows that more testosterone equals (usually) more strength and more mass. So what is different about P6 Black from the other testosterone boosters? This is again where my interest was sparked with this product…it is using the brain and the rest of the nervous system to increase testosterone in a natural way. Some people have been afraid of illegal supplementation and the pro-hormone approach (with good reason) because they didn’t want to decrease their body’s own ability to produce hormones. This IS the problem with typical test boosters…if you directly give you body hormones, it senses the increase in these hormones via negative feedback mechanisms and eventually shuts off its own production of them. P6 Black has a different approach. D-Aspartate (aka D-Aspartic Acid, or DAA) is an amino acid that the body can produce on its own (hence “non-essential”, even though it’s necessary for correct function) that has many effects. The role Cellucor is apparently most interested in for this product is that it actually is a neurotransmitter. It can help open those NMDA receptors that we talked about earlier, which increase the response down the line in the “cascade” of events that follows because of that channel being opened. Increased hormone synthesis is one of those effects.
            Overall: Did I see an effect after taking P6 Black? I absolutely did! I was really surprised by this too, because I really did not like P6 Extreme. This time I’ve had ABSOLUTELY ZERO problems with anger/rage, and yet I’ve had crazy gains in strength! I wasn’t expecting this so I didn’t take any baseline measurements (bad scientist, I know), but I know I’ve at LEAST gained 10 pounds this month and my physique is much more cut. To put this in terms you married guys might understand, after getting out of the shower last week my wife says, “Dang! Have you been doing something different??!!” Once you’re married for a number of years (like myself) you significant other stops noticing little changes. That means the changes I saw with P6 Black were MORE than just in my own mind. They were large enough that even my wife noticed without me having told her I was using this product. Do I recommend this stuff? Absolutely!

• Libido

Have you used P6 Black? Submit your own Review!