This product has been reported as discontinued.

M5 Extreme

By: Cellucor

joe651dzd

I was really excited about Cellucor's new line of products, partially due to the intense hype GNC flagged while I was employed by them (wrotten conglomerate). As a result, I went right ahead and bought a tin
of M5 fruit punch when the opportunity arose.

of M5 fruit punch when the opportunity arose.

As far as pre-workout supplements go I tend to be impartial in regards to taste. We all know primaraly pre's are going to be tangy, sometimes chalky; and we don't sip them for sole enjoyment - a great taste is more
so just an additional perk. In conclusion, this tasted fine, a bit chalky, but fine.

When using a preworkout supplement never have I had one lack "increased energy" when used the first or second time, but I'm sure we've all had them lose potency muuch sooner than expected, which happened to me while using M5. When it comes to preworkouts, what matters to me most is if I've been able to mantain that mental focus say after the tins over with. If I do i'll by another tin of the product and declare a good supplement for my body type. For me, the first two trials went well; by the time the jug was over with I wasn't feeling the uplifting benifets we often look forward to when using preworkouts. Then of course it was time to take a break from pre's where I felt as if I was robbed in two aspects:One being the mental clarity and focus that makes my workouts that much more enjoyable, and two the $59.99 I spent on an appealing can with thirty servings in it. Thanks for the recomendation GNC I hope the profit you a acquired cured someones ailement

As far as pumps go, they were fine. For me, it really all depends on my repititions and diet. When it comes to vascularity, I've never been able to notice significant results due to an ingredient profile in a nitric oxide supplement. Quite frankly, I don't get off on vascularity to begin with as I tend to train in a sweatshirt and sweatpants on a regular basis so sorry no help there. And on a second note, I feel like pumps are more so results of effort not suppliment regimens. Disagree if you will

Need I say I disliked the price? I used one scoop for the majority of the cycle, 2 scoops a few times, the jug didn't make it a month making the price per serving roughly 2.25 which is darn near the price of a single serving of a pre workout at an overpriced nutrition store. Maybe they thought I'd be sold by the patented creatine magnapower they added, sorry uncle charlie.

In addition to this supplement, I took a whey protein isolate by GNC, and my ussual vitamin ***tail. While on this product I didn't notice any unussual side effects.

As far as the ingredient profile goes, you've got your akg, magnapower, creatine chelate, the basics you'd expect in a pre. Then there's this really intriuging "catechotropic surge" filled with caffiene and compounds unfamiliar to me. 8 grams of carbs which are in its "glycogenic charge" and they all fall into it's "proprietary blend" which is equel to 14.515 grams. I'd like to know how much of what is in the blend but the profile is informal.

Do note everybodies body utulizes nitric oxide releasers differently so what is my cloud, may be your silver lining. In my opinion, this product isn't worth the money unless you collect cute shiney cans and have a sexy salery.

Aloha!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Ok Taste For A Pwo

• Abandoned
      October 14, 2010

They were actually pushing this on me last time I was there,they told me it was one of the first companies to make workout supps,thats why I came and looked it up,lol.

Ok, so being that I work at GNC I got hooked up with the 60 serving value size for free. Here's my review:

Effectiveness: This stuff works pretty good, great pumps. Kinda feels a lil like the pumps I used to get when I first started working out. This stuff has some L dopa in it, might have to do with releasing growth hormone, not to sure but I did loose a little body fat from this stuff for some reason. The strength was great, the mangna power creatine worked quite well with me. Usually the only creatine I really respond to is kre alkalyn.

Taste/mixabillity: The taste. What the hell is with you guys and taste? You drink it for whats in it. The taste wasn't bad, neither was the mixabillity. The ingredient profile in here is enough for me to ignore the taste and see the results.

The only cons IMO are the price, because you shouldn't have to pay that much for this product, and of course tolerance. The tolerance built really quickly with this one for some reason...It could just be me though.

In a nutshell, I would recommend it if you want something with a great ingredient profile and you're sensitive to stims.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Growth Hormone Releaser?
    • Focus(10)

First off, i want to point out that i was sent a big bag full of M5 packets to try by Mr. Clausen, and im very thankful for the opportunity, but with that being said you can disreguard my value rating. Under normal conditions, this product is a bit on the pricey side, but Im sure some people would say its worth it.

I gave it a 7 because i ran this for two months, and it started out rough and then faded (effectiveness). In the middle though, my workouts were focused, full of energy, and m5 helped with my endurance! The reason i said it started rough, was the first time i took it, I almost fell asleep at the gym and barely made it home, as i was falling asleep on the way home. Needless to say my first workout on this stuff was horrible. But i kept with it, and the more i used it, the better it got. After about the 3rd workout using m5 i started to notice the increased endurance and focus as well as a nice boost of energy that didnt leave me jittery or nervous.

After that first week that it built up in my system i guess, it worked great until the last week of my 8 week trial cycle. So i guess 6 good weeks out of 8 might not look great to some, but i thought it was a solid product.

Taste: im not all that concerned with taste, as i usually just get it down as fast as possilbe anyway. But this stuff did taste pretty good. It has a chalky texture to it, but the taste itself was pleasant, and i tried cherry limeade and fruit punch. I will ad, that i did notice there were little black clumps in this. I dont know if i had a "bad batch" but the little black clumps were a mystery to me. I downed it anyway, just thinking it was a little dirt in my shaker or something, but it deffinately was coming from the m5 packet. Dont know if anyone else has noticed these clumps, but I did.

I did stack this with NO n-zero Extreme from time to time, and thought this was a good energy stack, but not much pumps to note.

Final thought: This is a middle of the road pre-workout. It provides good energy, focus, and endurance for the majority of the time you take it. It lacks pumps, and im sure some will think its not powerful enough, but for me, it was enough.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Endurance
      • Ok Taste For A Pwo

This is probably the only thing from Cellucor I'd buy again, and that is if they drastically cut their inflated prices. You end up paying 2X more for this because of it's cool tin can than whats inside. I admit that it gave me a solid boost of energy before workouts and lasted me a solid hour in the gym before fizzing out. I would go with Jack3d or White Flood over this and still save some i$ in the process with better results.
         Cons:

Ok this is my first review on the site and I figured I would give it a shot.

First taste... well its terrible BUT YOU BETTER NOT EVEN CONSIDER THE TASTE cause it all about RESULTS

Ok this is my first review on the site and I figured I would give it a shot.

Ok lets start with the ignite portion of the container. I have used many pre workout products and the stimulant in this one is middle of the road for me. 1MR, NeuroCore is stronger and NO XPlode, PHD wired is weaker. The energy this product gives is very clean and can almost be felt immediately, that being said it didn't provide the drive to complete an insane workout like 1MR or NeuroCore did the first time I used the product. The focus is ok.. could be better. Overall the stimulant portion of the pwo is a 7/10 or average.

The build portion of the container where this product shines. This is the first pwo that has delivered the pumps that I wanted. I also take creatine mono so I wasn't expecting the fullness and muscle control that I achieved on this product overall this product is better than superpump, no xplode, 1MR and NeuroCore, Jack3d, and others. I was impressed by this and I wouldn't say that it made me and stronger, but allowed me to control more of the muscle and new nerves mean more muscle so I figure that the building part of this product is of value. This is why I would rate the bottom tub a 9/10.

Lets talk about overall... In my opinion I would stick to 1MR or Neurocore if your body is already used to Stims, because they will give you the drive to bust a intense workout however if your a guy that like to feel it in the gym, with big pumps and more vascularity than this is a pwo for you. For me I won't buy this product again as I believe that NeuroCore is a superior product to this if taking 3 scoops. Overall give it a try if you can't feel the pump 8/10.

I will review again as some users reported better results with the product over time.
          • Cherry Limeade
          • Focus(10)

I've been taking M5 for over a year now and I think it works great. Similar to other pre-workout drinks, you will need to phase off it every once in a while to keep the effects noticeable. This supplement gives you a good boost to begin with and continues throughout the whole workout, unlike other supplements that give you a crashing feeling towards the end. If you would like another perspective, you can look at M5 Extreme Review
            • Focus(10)

just finished a cycle of m5 by Cellucore. this product for me had its ups and downs, but over all was pretty solid.
              ive taken my far share of pwo's jak3d, noxplode, naNO Vapor, Black Powder,assulte, ripped juice....ect.

pros... first scoop out the tub im thinking good clean energy, good taste, great pumps. well the thing good about this product is the pumps there freaken awsome and the taste was good too, i got the green apple (because the the dude at the front called it hulk juice) and it tasted just like apple sidder.

cons.... the further i got into the cycle the less energy i got, now bare in mind u cannot exCEEd 2 scoops i started at3/4 ended at 1. 3/4. i litterly had to drage myself through the work outs with my only motivation being the pumps them self. and no i wasent takeing too much i played with the dossege often and no matter what i tried no energy.

i would recommend this product to someone that wanted to try something new if thy have already tryed jack3d which by far is the best pre ive ever taken period.

m5 is a solid product except for the lack of energy
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • Ok Taste For A Pwo
              • Great Pumps
              • Mental Focus

• averagejoe98
                  July 28, 2010

Did you shake up the container every time to evenly distribute the ingredients? That can make a huge difference in the effects.

First Review Guys, Take it easy!I do carb cycling with my diet as you'll see.
                Diet:Egg Whites, lots of Oatmeal,Chicken lots of chicken, fruit veggies, sweet potatoe's, gallon of water every day. I keep my diet pretty clean, and stick to the same food. For the Carb intake I up my carbs on non lifting days, and actually lower them on lifting days. Which I know people dont always do but its seemed to be affective for me. This doesnt mean no carbs on lifting days.
                Routine:
                Monday: Chest, Arms, Hitt
                Tuesday: Legs
                Wednesday: Off, Cardio/Moderate Pace
                Thursday: Back, Hitt
                Friday:...
                First Review Guys, Take it easy!I do carb cycling with my diet as you'll see.
                Routine:
                Monday: Chest, Arms, Hitt
                Tuesday: Legs
                Wednesday: Off, Cardio/Moderate Pace
                Thursday: Back, Hitt
                Friday: Shoulders/Traps, Hitt
                Saturday: Cardio/Mod Pace
                Sunday: OFF
                So I bought this product a few months ago, for 89.99 is what I paid for 60 servings I believe. At first I will admit this product looked great and had what seemed like a decent profile. But after months of taking it, even with a solid diet in play, I have two Complaints. One being the price you pay. It's roughly a 1.50 a serving. This has to be one of the most, if not the most expensive creatine pre workout's on the market. And honestly you would expect fantastic results, but they are just mediocre, same results I've gotten from using other creatines. Did it give me focus and decent pumps? Yea it did, but not $89.00 worth. The second issue I personally had, was the crash. I'm not sure if it was linked to 1,3 Dim. or what, but every time I would take this stuff it would just lay me out cold. Since than I stay away from 1,3 Dim as I seriously think that was the issue.I also noticed when I didnt take this product it was as if I was withdrawing from drugs or something, it was honestly kind of scary. I took a huge break off of stims, and actually dont even use them any more which seemed to help a lot.
                I do have one positive feedback in light of M5. That is your not only getting a pre workout, your actually getting a muscle builder as well. You get the crazy energy of a pre workout, and the solid delivery of a creatine, I dont think its worth the 89$ price tag, but its still a decent product at that. I also did loose some weight while using this product, nothing major just 5lbs, which I would attribute more to my diet. All in all is it worth a shot? Sure, they have a new version out which I think is a lot more beneficial. Too be honest Cellucor is a fantastic company, but the price of their products is sometimes unbearable.
                • Great Pumps

dude this stuff is terrible if you want to get crazy pumps/muccle and strength i recomend pump fuel its around the same price as this like 60$ try to get if you have a gold card at GNC if u guys like this prouduct you just dont noe your supplements all i got to say is TRY PUMP FUEL
                  • It Sucks
                  • Taste Nasty
                  • To Pricey For What You Get.
                  • No Pump
                  • Taste Terrible

this is a great pwo for those who do a lot of reps. very effective for muscle endurance and pumps, supersets for instance is how this became evident that it worked for me. i did 5x5 rest, 5x8, rest, 5x10, rest, 5x12, rest, then 5x20 for the grand finally. i have noticed not many people tried it the way i trained with it so this may be the reason they thought it was Garbage, i feel like its best for high repetition workouts and everybody that i have sold this to at work has loved it because i had recommended it to the people who did Super Sets or high reps and they all loved it, best to stack with N.O Extreme 20 min pwo if you workout for a longtime. my fav pwo stack. anybody that tries it this way let me know how you liked it because this stuff added 3 pounds in one month to my frame
                  • Cherry Limeade
                  • Amazing Endurance
                    Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.