IsoPro Nitro-Sport

This product has been reported as discontinued.

By Cellucor
IsoPro Nitro-Sport Cellucor
7.6/10
(Weighted average based on 4 Reviews)

Dashboard Reviews Related

This is probably the best protein I have ever bought

-This is probably the best protein I have ever bought. As well as the most expensive.

-It has 24 grams of Whey Protein Isolate per serving and also waxy maize. This product is perfect before and after workouts. Unfortunately there are only 30 servings! The retail price is $65.

-I tried the Chocolate Fudge Brownie. The taste was amazing (even with water), the mixability was perfect. If you decided to purchase this and are a soymilk drinker, get some vanilla soymilk; these two go together like peanut butter and jelly!

-Nitro Sport has a 7:9:3 ration of protein, carbohydrates, and rapidly metabolized fats. This combo will help you recover quick or give you clean energy if used pre-workout.

-Cellucor also put essential minerals, digestive enzymes, electrolytes, BCAAs, and glutamine for fast recovery. These ingredients also enhance protein synthesis/endurance.

-Remember you get what you pay for with supplements, and if have some extra cash; give this a go! Other flavors include Vanilla Cake Batter, Banana Pudding, Strawberries/Cream, and Cinnamon Roll.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Taste Is Amazing.

Posted September 7, 2010
Love this product also. Cellucor is slowly becoming my favorite company, Cherry Limeade M5 rocked my socks, and im making monster gains on P6 right now. These guys are expensive, but 100% worth it

Posted September 7, 2010
Agreed! That cherry limeade is the BEST tasting PWO I've ever had.
I've been curious about the P6; most people are of course drawn away by the price. My gym sells it, for $90!

Posted September 7, 2010
Im 3 weeks in on P6 and my gains are comparable to when I was running Pink Magic, solid strength gains all around

deumcole

All in all it was ok, but that was it

Didn't know much about Cellucor until I broke the bank at BodyBuilding.com, in which they encouraged me to spend more money by sending me a $20 Cellucor gift card...underbar. Let's get this ball rolling then...

Taste: 8/10. Taste was good, but not "the best tasting" as Cellucor claims. I had chocolate fudge brownie or sumthing like that. In enough water, it tasted rather good actually. In terms of best tasting proteins, it makes my top 3.

Mixability: 7/10. This one was tricky. In less then 8 oz, it was sludge. In more then 8 oz, it was very drinkable. No matter how much water you put or how long you shook it, there was always stuff leftover. Mixed ok, but I've had better that mixed better.

Profile: 7/10. Profile is about average, right in there with other proteins, nuthing special. I thought the idea of waxymaize in protein was interesting, & it might have accounted for the recovery. Grams of protein was around 30, calories mid to high 200s, decent carbs, everything else par for the course. However I don't think its a flexible protein. Designed for postworkouts, and outside of that I don't think it would be effective. As much as I paid for it, you would expect somthing alittle more flexible in terms of use.

Effectiveness: 7/10. It did ok. Recovery was good, but nothing spectacular. It helped build some muscle, but nothing special. Again, about average.

Price: 5/10. Even with the $20 I still think this stuff is overpriced. Its about average compared to most others, but they ask you to pay for extraordinary. Regular price...well let's just say you won't pay regular price for this stuff. At BodyBuilding.com the price was floating north of $50, so yeah.

All in all it was ok, but that was it. Its far too expensive, and I didn't even get a fancy tin...just a bag that never wanted to close. I'm not recommending it, but I'm also not saying stay away. If have money to throw away, give it a go. But in my opinion there's far better protein for far less cash.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Helps With Recovery

ruabeyo
(-110)

Posted October 7, 2010
BULLSEYE!!! You hit the mark. Good products... unjustifiable prices.I think if Cellucor were to lower there prices ... they would own the market.

Nice Review!!

Posted October 7, 2010
ruabeyo is spot on cellucor does make some incredible products but the price is just ridiculous!

MikeFarr

I was almost never sore while taking this protein

Nitro-Sport is a whey protein by Cellucor that is great for most purposes, except for a cut.

Price:(5/10) The normal price for this is $55 for 30 servings,...

Price:(5/10) The normal price for this is $55 for 30 servings, which is not very good for a whey protein (non hydrolyzed). Luckily, I bought this with a 20$ off Cellucor coupon from BB.com. They also accidentaly sent me two! But, my rating of the price is based on what everyone else has to pay.

Profile:(10/10) I really like this profile, because it has 220 calories which is great for a non-cut. Also, they include Waxy Maize, which is ideal for post-workout shakes. Arginine AKG is included in this protein. They also claim they have "Heat Shock Proteins" but who knows what that is.. 25 Grams of protein for the scoop is not too little, nor too much. It is one of the best whey protein profiles I have seen.

Mixability:(7/10) I only used a shaker cup maybe one time, and I shook it for a while, but still had some chunks that weren't dissolved. But using my magic bullet, it mixed great everythime. The shake is very thick though using the amount of milk they say.

Taste:(7/10) I had the Vanilla Cake Batter flavor. It didn't bother me to drink, but I didnt enjoy it. It has the cake batter taste, but there is some kind of granule taste to it, it's hard to explain. Also the shake was too thick for my enjoyment.

Effectiveness:(9/10) I was almost never sore while taking this protein. One month I took just this and a multi, and I increased from 225 bench to 235 bench. It's not amazing results, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Overall:(8/10) If your someone that cares about taste and price, then I would look for a different product. But if you have some extra cash, and can deal with the flavor, I would definately check this product out.

Ps. Does anybody know what they did with their "Ultra Mass" protein?

• Weird Taste

Posted April 22, 2011
Any progress is great, good review.

It doesn't mix that well,but it taste good

I've been using this product for about 2 months with M5 Extreme and have made some impressive results. It doesn't mix that well,but it taste good! The only real draw back is it is expensive, but I believe you get what you pay for. I will continue to use this product!