Home > Categories > Protein > Whey Protein > Cellucor > COR Performance Whey

Cellucor COR Performance Whey

COR Performance Whey Cellucor
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (32 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 86% (Trusted)

Video Review

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Cellucor Super Sport Protein Reviews
Super Sport Protein (16 Reviews)
Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Pro-Antium Reviews
Pro-Antium (25 Reviews)
iSatori Bio Gro Reviews
Bio Gro (20 Reviews)
MTS Nutrition Machine Whey Reviews
Machine Whey (16 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (375 Reviews)
9.2
Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews
Platinum Hydro Whey (98 Reviews)
9.1
GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews
Wheybolic Extreme 60 (79 Reviews)

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

COR Performance Whey Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
COR Performance Whey Reviews:

aroy21

Reviews: 2

Age: 17

March 17, 2013
 Hey guys, so i was looking for a new protein after finishing my 100% gold standard, and this came up as something I might like. And man am i happy that I found this. This is a great product and i'll break it down for Cellucor cor-performance whey: peanut butter marshmallow flavor.

mixability- 10/10.
After about 8-10 seconds shaking this in a blender bottle, theres absolutely no clumps or anything, just pure liquid. I've had gold standard, syntha 6, and myofusion, and i think that this is definitely the best mixing-wise.

taste- 8/10.
I wanted the cinnamon swirl flavor, but unfortunately they were out of stock. I think that one might have been a 10 for taste. But PB marshmallow definitely isnt too far behind. It took me about 3-4 times for me to drink it to get used to the flavor, because it seems like the peanut butter taste comes first, then the marshmallow 2nd. The marshmallow is the part you'll have to get used to, but overall it does taste really good. I think getting some sample packs of all the flavors and then picking your favorite will be your best bet.

Value- 9.5/10.
I only dont give this a 10 because I'm kinda cheap, and on top of that I'm not that wealthy. I got a 4 lb (54 serving) tub for $42. (I think bb.com sells for around $48.) Which really isnt bad, lasted me about 2 months. It averages to about $10 per pound, which is about the same as gold standard.

Profile- 9/10.

Honestly, you could just look at all the gold standard reviews for profile because they're basically the same. Cor-performance does have one more gram of protein, but it also has 2-3 grams more per scoop. it has a good amount of digestive enzymes; sucralose, Protease A-S, Lactase. Also has 5.5 grams of BCAA's, which is the same as gold standard.

Overall, this is great product that does work. If you're stuck between this and another protein like gold standard, I would pick this because of the taste, because I do think that the taste and the mixability are tiebreakers.

Benw22

Age: 32

March 17, 2013
     Cellucor was awesome enough to hook me up with 3 tubs to reviews. Here are my thoughts on Molten Chocolate, Whipped Vanilla and Cookies N Cream:

This is definitely a unique chocolate flavor. It's not light and it's not incredibly rich, but in the best possible way, it has a bitterness to it. Almost like a hint of coffee. I don't love coffee, but I do like COR Whey Molten Chocolate. It is reminiscent of DARK chocolate. If you like Dark Chocolate of just a hint of coffee-like bitterness, you will love COR Whey's Molten Chocolate flavor. I've tried dozens of chocolate proteins and while this may not be absolute favorite, it IS different from anything else I've tried. Beyond just the taste, it's mixability is fantastic and the macros are top notch. Nice job, Cellucor!

It's a very good vanilla. It's not butterscotch-y, but definitely more in cupcake/cake frosting category. I have used it to make waffles and pancakes with good success. It's good in milk, but a little thin in water, which I guess isn't surprising. I'm sure with ~4 oz water it would be great. I used around 8 oz which thinned it out a bit too much, 8 oz of milk is perfect though. The macros are great and the mixibility is near perfect in a blender bottle. If you're in the market for a "lighter" vanilla with great macros, COR-Whey would be a great option for you!

Generally, CnC proteins are very difficult to perfect. Many are too vanilla or two "cream." Very few can actually taste like an Oreo Cookie. COR Whey CnC does a very good job IN MILK of tasting Oreo-like. In water it was a little bland, but if you drink your protein shakes in milk, you'll love how close to an Oreo this tastes. My one complaint would be the cookie pieces in the shake. I guess they're there for a reason, but I just prefer my protein shakes 100% mixed and smooth. If you like little bits of cookie in your shake, CnC COR whey would be right up your alley.
    • Didn't Love The Cookie Bits In Cnc
    March 30, 2013

SEGANDREW

Reviews: 1

Age: 29

March 30, 2013
     Since I've tried just about every flavor of Cellucor's COR-Whey (all except Strawberry Milkshake), I figured it would be a good time to post a review of all of the flavors. First off, I've tried many different brands of protein (ON, Dymatize, Prolab, Allmax, XF, BSN, Muscletech, Gaspari, Isopure...) and I can honestly say that this ranks as one of the best. I've been using this for about 3 months now and I just bought an extra 3 tubs. Now on to the review.

Peanut Butter Marshmallow tastes just like a Nutter Butter. I get the sweetness that the marshmallow refers to, but this really does taste like a Nutter Butter cookie. This also mixes up thicker than I would expect. With 25 g of protein per serving, a total of only 3 g of carbs, 1.5 g of fat and a total of 130 calories, this is perfect for a post-WO shake or first thing in the morning.

Cinnamon Swirl: Upon opening the tub, this stuff smells a lot like a Yankee christmas candle. I would describe this more specifically as Cinnamon Cake Batter - cake batter flavored whey, with a light cinnamon flavor.

Molten Chocolate was by far my favorite. This was a truly decadent, rich chocolate flavor. This is probably the best chocolate flavored whey protein that I've had. It was the purest chocolate flavor.

Whipped Vanilla grew on me a lot as a flavor. At first I wasn't sold on it being anything other than your typical, artificial flavored vanilla protein. But the more I used it, the more I found myself wanting it again even just in milk. But clearly the best way to use this was blended, as a base for other flavors. So this made it very versatile.

Cookies N' Cream was also very good. In terms of flavor, I would put it as second behind the Molten Chocolate. There were tons of cookie bits in this too, which often have to be scooped up with a spoon at the end! But I really enjoyed this one as well.

Of all the flavors, I would rank them in this order:

1. Molten Chocolate
    2. Cookies N' Cream
    3. Peanut Butter Marshmallow
    4. Whipped Vanilla
    5. Cinnamon Swirl

I would highly recommend this whey protein to anyone looking for good flavor, variety, and profile.

• Strong Artificial Smell For Some Flavors
    March 31, 2013

Reviews: 79

Age: 36

March 31, 2013
     Another review from the Expert Review team.
    A while back I was able to grab some Cellucor Whey to review. They was kind enough to send 3 tubs of this protein my way. I used one for mainly cooking with and two others for drinks and smoothies.

One thing I will point out first this stuff is very versatile . That is one reason this stuff is rated high.

Profile 9
    Ingredients have been mentioned by others but Its gluten free for those that ask about that stuff, also the whipped vanilla has a slightly lower sodium level than some of the other flavors. Its main ingredient are whey isolates, and whey concentrate. Now like blade I don't get bent out shape when I see the word concentrate on a label.

Taste 8
    They was solid flavors, no after taste, Nothing to write home about though. Just typical whey protein .

whipped vanilla 8.5
    Kinda plain but really smooth. I used this one for a lot of cooking and smoothies.
    Waffles mix was
    1 stick light butter
    2 eggs
    2 scoops protein
    1 cup milk
    flour until thick to your liking.
    makes about 5 or 6 waffles

Smoothie mix
    3/4 cup OJ
    1 large banana
    3 large heaping tablespoons of greek yogurt
    handful fresh strawberries
    handful of frozen blueberries
    one to two scoops protein
    Peanut butter if wanted
    ice
    I had this a lot mornings and it would stay with me all morning.

Molten chocolate 9
    I love chocolate so this was a easy one for me.
    It was really good with almond milk, It made it really smooth and creamy.

Cookies and cream 8
    This was OK, Not my favorite though, Mixes good although the left over chips in my cup would drive my OCD crazy.

Effectiveness 9
    Hard to rate how a protein works but you can tell how it does effect ones stomach issues.
    With me my couple doses with it I had some cramps and discomfort, BUT I have that with everyone at first.
    After those first days it was never a issue again. Never had terrible gas with this either, which can be a issue with some whey supplements.
    I seemed to have some good recovery on this protein , enough to be mentioned anyway.

Value 9
    I have seen the prices range from 25- 35 bucks for a 2 lb tub. Given that some flavors can have multiply uses I think its a good deal. It also seemed to last longer than what was listed on the label. This was the first protein in a long time I have consistently stayed with and used everyday.

Mixability 8.8
    At first glance I thought ,, Oh this is gonna be chunk city, But I already ever had a issue with mixing, It maybe a bit thicker than some like with some flavors though.

Overall SOLID 9.5
    This is one of the best ones I have used so far. If I catch a good deal I may spring for some of the other flavors and give them a go.
    sdunlimited
    sdunlimited

Joined: 1/2013
    Reviews: 29
    Reputation: +1067
    Solid review and great recipes too! Gonna have to try those waffles out

Reply #2:

Joined: 1/2011
    Reviews: 79
    Reputation: +2497
    Thanks They taste better with regular butter and no added protein, But I try to make them a bit healthy and
    boost the protein up . Let me know if you like them.

Reply #3:
    ron
    ron

Joined: 9/2011
    Reviews: 16
    Reputation: +1988
    great review and kudos for the extra recipes. This review was kinda like finding a prize in the cereal. Well done!!!

Reply #4:
    lava135
    lava135

Joined: 2/2012
    Reviews: 82
    Reputation: +3578
    Who do you think you are? Betty F'in Crocker? jk- great review.

Reply #5:

Joined: 3/2009
    Reputation: +3270
    Used that Waffles mix to make some pancakes, as I don't have a waffle maker, which is too bad, because they were good, but would have been better as a waffle.

April 8, 2013

joshfokis

Reviews: 5

Age: 27

April 8, 2013
     I really enjoy the flavors of protein that Cellucor has released. I cannot stand most protein powders. These flavors work really well and don't have that taste like the "medicine" flavor after-taste. I have used their protein for a few months now and noticed a great improvement in my muscle mass, energy and recovery. I do recommend this protein to all.

MrAppleman

April 10, 2013

raters95

Age: 36

April 10, 2013
       The COR-Performance Cookies and Cream is pretty good. I mix one sccop with 8oz. of milk and I really enjoy the taste. I really like the big chocolate chips/chunks that are in the protein. I was not a big fan of this flavor in water though. It has a really sweet aftertaste that I'm not that fond of (artificial sweetner)

The profile is great because it contains mostly Whey Isolate and you get 25 grams of protein at only 130 calories. Very little fat and carbs also which makes this protein great no matter what diet you are on (Bulk or Cut).

The protein mixes very well in water and in milk, it does mix up a little thick but that does not bother me.

Overall I would highly recommend this product as it tastes great, mixes well, high protein content, and a decent value

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great In Milk
      • Amazing Taste
      • Great Mixability
      • Thickness Can Be A Bit Much In Some Of The Flavors
      • Strong Artificial Smell For Some Flavors
      April 14, 2013

Age: 33

April 14, 2013
       A good protein, but nothing special.

Protein powders are a bit difficult for me to review, unless there's something totally different about them, that I have to share. Cellucor makes good products, and typically have higher prices than most companies, but in with this, they seem to have priced the market correctly.

I still don't have much to say about it, that I wouldn't be able to say about other protein powders, but that's not a bad thing.

The flavor was very good, as I chose the cookies and cream powder to review. It was smooth, and the little chocolate crunches made for a nice touch, although tended to fall to the bottom of the glass, and not fully integrate into the mix.

The protein absorbed well, as I was typically hungry approximately 30-45 minutes after drinking the shake.

The mix doesn't contain a high amount of carbs, and the carbs that are contained are complex and dietary fibers.

Something I did enjoy, was the inclusion of lactase. Lactase can help with overall digestion of some proteins, and helps with those of us that are Lactose intolerant, as Lactase is the enzyme that is missing in people with lactose intolerance, and helps to break down any lactose sugars that are needed.

The interesting part, is that the protein itself doesn't contain lactose, as the protein is a separated whey. Meaning that the lactose has been removed.

I mix all my proteins with Almond milk because of my intolerance to regular milks, so the lactase is a bit of a "bonus" as it does help with my digestion with meals later in the day after my protein shake, as the enzymes will last several hours in the system.

In this regards, it's nice to see this as a consideration.

You can find this protein for around $30 for a 2lb tub, which is inline with other popular protein mixes, and for that, I'm rather impressed, as typically Cellucor tends to price themselves higher than everyone else.

The powder also mixes very well, and I had no issues with clumping or thick mixes. With today's protein powders this is pretty standard, but there are a few that still have a gritty texture to them, so it's nice to get something as smooth as this.

Overall, it's a good product, but again, isn't one that stands head and shoulders above the rest. It's priced well, so even though it's not AMAZING, you can still take it and know it's going to be a good value.

If it's one that you can find at your regular shop, I would recommend it.

Also, if you're lactose intolerant, and you want some extra protection for your digestive system, this can help.

My one complaint, and this is similar to most companies, is the inclusion of Sucralose. I wish more companies would look into the use of natural sweeteners, rather than using chemically treated sweeteners like Sucralose. I have yet to find a good protein that takes advantage of products like Stevia, as I would be very interested in a protein that does, as I've stevia to be a fantastic 0 calorie/carb sweetener, that's natural.

Thanks to Cellucor for giving me the opportunity to review the product for the ER program.

And many thanks to Mhseaver670 for the protein waffle recipe. I've used a few times, and they come out very tasty indeed.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Inclusion Of Lactase
      • Inclusion Of Sucralose

Muscle Feast Proteins use Stevia as a sweetner, as you know they are legit

Reply #2:

Joined: 3/2009
      Reputation: +3270
      I'll have to give them a try....eventually. Unfortunately proteins and pre workouts are like rabbits. When I close my pantry door, I swear they have sex and multiply.

Reply #3:
      Mooselini
      Mooselini

Joined: 10/2010
      Reviews: 28
      Reputation: +2203
      also the NOW brand uses stevia and they are very cheap

May 2, 2013

adamderr

Age: 23

May 2, 2013
       I discovered SR through a lifting partner that referred me to this site. I want to share personal experiences I have had with Cellucor products because I personally think they are one of the best and I definitely benefit from them. The only other product I have tried in the past is MusclePharm but nothing really compares to Cellucor's taste and effectiveness of their products. I have been taking this product for about two months now which doesn't seem like a long time but with Cellucor, you don't really need time to see progress because of how effective and awesome their products are! I have been lifting hard for about four months before using this product and then I recently started my cut about two weeks ago. I eat healthy and usually have a protein shake with my meals which doesn't allow me to eat as much and the protein by itself fills me which really helps with my diet. The results were definitely positive results because this products does what it's suppose to. I gained about 5-10 pounds of muscle within the last two to three months or so and since starting my cut I have lost about five pounds. There aren't any negative side effects of this product that I have experienced. I already love all of the flavors of this product so maybe a new flavor every now and then would make this product even better but there's really nothing I can complain about. I will definitely use this product again and probably all of the time.

Mixability: (10/10)
      This product mixes very well, especially if you have something similar to a blender shaker. Usually those come with some type of ball inside that way you don't get clumps and the one I have, the spiral ball in it always mixes my protein well and I never have clumps or tiny pieces of protein floating around.

Taste: (9/10)
      Of course it's protein so that's what it is going to taste like but you can taste the flavors when you mix them with milk/water but you can also tell at the same time that there is protein. It's not a bad thing but it would be probably even better if it tasted straight like the flavor and not protein at all but like I said, that's protein for you. I find that mixing the protein with milk tastes a lot better as well and even mixing different flavors.

Peanut Butter Marshmallow: (10/10)
      Definitely my favorite flavor. You can't taste the peanut butter more than the marshmallow and you can't taste the marshmallow more than the peanut butter. The flavors blend well. I sometimes mix this flavor with the molten chocolate and it's really close to tasting like a Reese's cup to me.

Molten Chocolate: (10/10)
      It taste a lot like chocolate pudding which I can't complain about. I'm not a huge chocolate fan but this being a Cellucor product, they don't overwhelm the flavor and this is my second favorite protein. I have made muffins with this protein and they turned out very well and delightful.

Whipped Vanilla: (8/10)
      This flavor by itself is not very tasteful. It is good but at the same time it taste plain. I have been mixing it with the molten chocolate which I find very appealing and the flavors mix well together. I have also been told you can use this flavor for a lot of deserts which I plan to try out sometime.

Strawberry Milkshake: (3/10)
      This is by far my least favorite flavor. When I first received the product, I was excited to taste it. I did notice that it is white in the tub but turns pink when you mix it with milk. You can taste the strawberry but it's more in an oatmeal form and not a milkshake form. I was a little disappointed with how it tasted and this is probably the only flavor that I don't enjoy as much.
      • Great In Milk
        May 3, 2013

zumamartinez

Reviews: 1

Age: 34

May 3, 2013
         Cellucor's new COR Performance series whey protein in Molten Chocolate tastes amazing! Cellucor is a great company that provides quality product and with there Trufacts, fully disclosed label you get exactly what's on the label with all the science to back it up!

The look of this product reminds me of the military's subdued patches, very cool looking! Also the label is very easy to read. I only wish Cellucor would have gave the whey protein tub the same texture as bcaa's and creatine, would have been perfect!

COR-Performance™ Whey features a fast digesting Whey Protein Isolate based formula that packs 25G of protein per serving to satisfy protein needs any time of day. Minimal fat and carbs, added digestive enzymes, and 5.5g of naturally occurring bcaa's per serving.

COR-Performance™ Whey mixes well in water and milk depending on the consistency you like. You can also bake with it, such as make cookies, cakes or any other thing you would like to add more protein too!

COR-Performance™ Whey Molten Chocolate taste like Chocolate brownie ice cream. Very good and I've even mixed it with the COR-Performance™ Whey PB marshmallow and that taste great too!

So in conclusion, I would recommend this product to others who want a high quality protein at a reasonable price.
          May 6, 2013

nyjjets

Reviews: 2

Age: 21

May 6, 2013
          Great Taste Chocolate Flavor

Absolutely loved this protein powder! Cellucor has great tasting products so I had a feeling this one would be good. The main thing I really enjoyed about this flavor was the good taste with either milk or water. I've had some proteins that arent so good with water in comparison to milk, but the molten chocolate was great with either. Also, I love the fact it only has 1.5g fat and low carbs. It tastes like it should have more macros, but ill take it! Overall great tasting protein and excellent price from cellucor even though they have a reputation of expensive products.
          • Great In Water &/or In Milk

Have you used COR Performance Whey? Submit your own Review!