COR Performance Whey Reviews

By: Cellucor

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #12 of 94 (better than 88%) in
Protein > Whey Protein

COR Performance Whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Cellucor. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
INGREDIENTS (4)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
14095mg

Purest form of whey protein that maximizes protein synthesis and minimizes muscle breakdown with almost no carbs or fats.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Rapidly digested form of protein rich in amino acids that helps support lean body mass gains and muscle protein synthesis.

COMPARE SIMILAR

garlick

April 14, 2013

A good protein, but nothing special.

Protein powders are a bit difficult for me to review, unless there's something totally different about them, that I have to share. Cellucor makes good products, and typically have higher prices than most companies, but in with this, they seem to have priced the market correctly.

I still don't have much to say about it, that I wouldn't be able to say about other protein powders, but that's not a bad thing.

The flavor was very good, as I chose the cookies and cream powder to review. It was smooth, and the little chocolate crunches made for a nice touch, although tended to fall to the bottom of the glass, and not fully integrate into the mix.

The protein absorbed well, as I was typically hungry approximately 30-45 minutes after drinking the shake.

The mix doesn't contain a high amount of carbs, and the carbs that are contained are complex and dietary fibers.

Something I did enjoy, was the inclusion of lactase. Lactase can help with overall digestion of some proteins, and helps with those of us that are Lactose intolerant, as Lactase is the enzyme that is missing in people with lactose intolerance, and helps to break down any lactose sugars that are needed.

The interesting part, is that the protein itself doesn't contain lactose, as the protein is a separated whey. Meaning that the lactose has been removed.

I mix all my proteins with Almond milk because of my intolerance to regular milks, so the lactase is a bit of a "bonus" as it does help with my digestion with meals later in the day after my protein shake, as the enzymes will last several hours in the system.

In this regards, it's nice to see this as a consideration.

You can find this protein for around $30 for a 2lb tub, which is inline with other popular protein mixes, and for that, I'm rather impressed, as typically Cellucor tends to price themselves higher than everyone else.

The powder also mixes very well, and I had no issues with clumping or thick mixes. With today's protein powders this is pretty standard, but there are a few that still have a gritty texture to them, so it's nice to get something as smooth as this.

Overall, it's a good product, but again, isn't one that stands head and shoulders above the rest. It's priced well, so even though it's not AMAZING, you can still take it and know it's going to be a good value.

If it's one that you can find at your regular shop, I would recommend it.

Also, if you're lactose intolerant, and you want some extra protection for your digestive system, this can help.

My one complaint, and this is similar to most companies, is the inclusion of Sucralose. I wish more companies would look into the use of natural sweeteners, rather than using chemically treated sweeteners like Sucralose. I have yet to find a good protein that takes advantage of products like Stevia, as I would be very interested in a protein that does, as I've stevia to be a fantastic 0 calorie/carb sweetener, that's natural.

Thanks to Cellucor for giving me the opportunity to review the product for the ER program.

And many thanks to Mhseaver670 for the protein waffle recipe. I've used a few times, and they come out very tasty indeed.
  • Inclusion Of Sucralose
abischof
  September 23, 2013

Hello SR, first review going up! I decided to review Cellucor's performance whey as it is my most recent completed product.

Ingredient Profile: 8/10
I'm not going to spend too much time discussing ingredients, as many other previous reviews have the profile extensively covered. I will point out my appreciation of the low fat, as I am missing a gallbladder and still tend to experience slight negative reactions upon ingesting too much fat. I did not have a single issue with side effects, which was fantastic. I know a few guys out there don't mind the protein farts, however, as a female I was pleasantly surprised that I never experienced these on this product.

Mixing: 7.5/10
So from other reviews I've read, it seems the consensus is the mix-ability of this product hasn't been a problem. Maybe this is my inexperience with many protein powders, but unless I was using a shaker, I did have a few issues with clumping. I had to make sure to use a shaker every time, and always making sure I had a clean one around soon became a pain.

Taste: 8/10
The first tub I finished was Strawberry Milkshake. I've noticed with all the flavors Cellucor has to offer, strawberry was never really anybody's first choice. However, I love strawberry flavored anything, so of course I decided on this flavor for my protein. Despite warnings from my fellow athletic peers that strawberry wheys are usually pretty gnarly, I decided to give this one a go first. I used coconut milk with my whey, and it really wasn't too bad. The smell upon opening the container began to bother me a bit, as it was pretty artificial, but it did not affect the taste. I've had difficulty finishing entire protein tubs in the past, as I usually get sick of the flavor relatively quickly, however, this was not an issue with the Strawberry Milkshake flavor(although I will say the name is a slight exaggeration). I do believe there is room for improvement, as I tried the Cinnamon Swirl flavor and must say it was pretty delicious.

Effectiveness: 8.5/10
This protein delivers what it claims to do. I currently use intermittent fasting as my diet of choice, and usually broke my fast with this shake. For the beginning of the tub, I was not working out incredibly hard, as I was still recovering from gallbladder surgery. During that time period I used a single scoop, and it was able to curve my appetite until I had the time to make my full meal. School started for me, so my eating window shrank; I normally workout at 5:00am, and eat from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. This protein helped me out immensely with my schedule. I would typically get off work at 5:00pm, and often had school related meetings at 6:00pm. Because my meetings occurred in the middle of my eating window, the only option I had was to drink a shake and wait until usually 7:30pm before consuming any solid food. Typically on this schedule I would be ravenously hungry come 7:30pm, however once I began implementing the shake within that first hour I found myself not obsessing about food as much. It maintained my hunger until I had time to eat fully, which is exactly what I'm looking for in a protein product, although I did start using two scoops. I was only using this product to get some extra protein in, as well as maintain weight, and it was successful on all accounts. I'm sure you could use it to bulk, however, bulking is usually never my goal. I could (and probably will) use this product as a nice cutting tool as well.

I was able to buy every protein flavor Cellucor has to offer with a sale from bodybuilding.com. They offered a buy one get one free, and I split the cost and the tubs with my brother. So I would say my value isn't exactly typical with the product. Normally this protein runs for roughly $30, so pretty average compared to other products.

Overall: 8.5/10
With the tons of different proteins out in the market now, it can be difficult to decipher which is best. I find you can typically get the macros you desire with several different products, and price ranges are usually similar. So honestly, when I look for a protein it usually comes down to three things; if it can keep me full, no side effects, and if it tastes good. Cellucor delivered on all accounts, the flavor does have a bit of room for improvement, but I would definitely recommend to anyone who has a craving from some sweet strawberries. I look forward to trying and using my other two tubs, Whipped Vanilla and Cookies 'N Cream!
  • No Side Effects
  • Kept Me Full
  • Strong Artificial Smell For Some Flavors
  • Not All Flavors Mix Well
mhseaver670

March 31, 2013

Another review from the Expert Review team.
A while back I was able to grab some Cellucor Whey to review. They was kind enough to send 3 tubs of this protein my way. I used one for mainly cooking with and two others for drinks and smoothies.

One thing I will point out first this stuff is very versatile . That is one reason this stuff is rated high.

Profile 9
Ingredients have been mentioned by others but Its gluten free for those that ask about that stuff, also the whipped vanilla has a slightly lower sodium level than some of the other flavors. Its main ingredient are whey isolates, and whey concentrate. Now like blade I don't get bent out shape when I see the word concentrate on a label.

Taste 8
They was solid flavors, no after taste, Nothing to write home about though. Just typical whey protein .

whipped vanilla 8.5
Kinda plain but really smooth. I used this one for a lot of cooking and smoothies.
Waffles mix was
1 stick light butter
2 eggs
2 scoops protein
1 cup milk
flour until thick to your liking.
makes about 5 or 6 waffles

Smoothie mix
3/4 cup OJ
1 large banana
3 large heaping tablespoons of greek yogurt
handful fresh strawberries
handful of frozen blueberries
one to two scoops protein
Peanut butter if wanted
ice
I had this a lot mornings and it would stay with me all morning.

Molten chocolate 9
I love chocolate so this was a easy one for me.
It was really good with almond milk, It made it really smooth and creamy.

Cookies and cream 8
This was OK, Not my favorite though, Mixes good although the left over chips in my cup would drive my OCD crazy.

Effectiveness 9
Hard to rate how a protein works but you can tell how it does effect ones stomach issues.
With me my couple doses with it I had some cramps and discomfort, BUT I have that with everyone at first.
After those first days it was never a issue again. Never had terrible gas with this either, which can be a issue with some whey supplements.
I seemed to have some good recovery on this protein , enough to be mentioned anyway.

Value 9
I have seen the prices range from 25- 35 bucks for a 2 lb tub. Given that some flavors can have multiply uses I think its a good deal. It also seemed to last longer than what was listed on the label. This was the first protein in a long time I have consistently stayed with and used everyday.

Mixability 8.8
At first glance I thought ,, Oh this is gonna be chunk city, But I already ever had a issue with mixing, It maybe a bit thicker than some like with some flavors though.

Overall SOLID 9.5
This is one of the best ones I have used so far. If I catch a good deal I may spring for some of the other flavors and give them a go.
  • Thickness Can Be A Bit Much In Some Of The Flavors
Daloof911
  May 7, 2013

I've always been into Dymatize proteins, but due to recent articles about the poor consistency of their quality and nutrition facts, I've been steering more towards Cellucor's Cor Performance Whey.

Profile: 9/10
130 Calories
25g Protein/ 1g Carbs/ 1.5g Fat/ 5.5g BCAAs
Blend of Whey Isolate and Concentrate

Pretty great profile; 71% protein content, low carb, low fat. A higher-end whey protein if you ask me.

Taste:
I've tried a few of their flavors, I'll rate them individually. Overall very good flavors.I feel like flavor is a big selling point for a lot of people when it comes to protein, and with this you can't go wrong.

Peanut Butter Marshmallow (9): Fairly mellow peanut butter flavor, but has a nice marshmallow/malty flavor. Good for a shake if you don't want fats from peanut butter.

Molten Chocolate (8): Strong chocolate flavor, not for the faint of heart. Reminds me of Swiss Miss hot chocolate. A little hard for me to get down postworkout because of how sweet and intense the flavor was.

Cookies and Cream (8): Typical cookies and cream flavor with cookie chunks. The bits of cookies are small and inhale-able.

Whipped Vanilla (9): Nice creamy flavor, not too overwhelming postworkout. Probably my favorite of the flavors I tried.

Mixability: 9/10
Cellucor's Whey mixes great. They recommend 5-6oz of liquid per scoop. If you mix 1 scoop in 5oz of liquid it makes a very thick shake, but its a little gritty. 8oz was more my ball game: thinner, but still had good flavor.

This seems to be right on par with Gold Standard in price, maybe just a little bit more expensive. A 4lb tub runs around $45 for 52 servings and a 2lb tub runs around $28 for 26 servings. Obviously the larger container is a significantly better deal. Bodybuilding occasionally has good deals on this protein.

On a side note: I've noticed that this protein fills me up quite a bit. It seems like it would be an effective post shake during a cut, because it usually kills my appetite for a while and I sometimes need to force myself to eat my postworkout meal.

Cellucor Cor Performance has taken the cake for being my favorite whey protein. With a solid profile, great taste, and a pretty competitive price, I would highly recommend trying this protein next time you're in the market.
    Clipper83
      January 21, 2013

Hey guys, here comes yet another Cellucor review. A big thanks to Cellucor for hooking me up with 2 tubs of this. I was lucky enough to choose 2 flavors. I am becoming a big fan of this COR series. I'll keep this review short, because there are more reviews to come.

Ingredient Profile:
    It's a very simple whey protein supplement. Isolate/Concentrate blend. High cholesterol, yet this is expected with the whey concentrate in there.

Mixability:(9/10)
    Mixes quite well. I got a clump every once in a while however.

Taste:(9.25/10)
    Both taste very good in water, which was surprising, but of course, almond milk is where it's at!

Peanut Butter Marshmallow:(9.5/10)
    I gotta be honest, even though it tasted awesome, I was SLIGHTLY disappointed. This is prob. the 2nd best flavor I have had in terms of protein powder. MTS Whey takes up the top spot for that however. I expected this to be my new favorite flavor for some reason, yet MTS Whey still has my heart.

Cinnamon Swirl:(9/10)
    Tasted very good, yet it was a little overpowering for me. I preferred drinking this one in water. I didn't taste the "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" to be honest, but it was still good nonetheless

Effectiveness:(9/10)
    I could skip this part honestly. It is convenience food. I noticed no bloating or stomach issues. Just another good whey product on the market.

Value:(9/10)
    I'm going to go by the sale price right now, because that is probably where it will stay at. For $25.99, this is the same price as ON Whey, which we all know is great in terms of value. This could be a staple, but I could never use the same product forever.

Overall:(9/10)
    Very good product. If you are one of those people who only uses ON GS Whey, give this a try. Same price with some new/fun/innovative flavors. If you are someone who likes to make brownies or pancakes with whey, this should be on your "to try" list. You won't be disappointed when you take your first sip.
      Blade410

January 20, 2013

As always, Cellucor was so nice to provide a handful of expert reviewers with their new Cor Performance Whey protein. Special thanks to Mike at Cellucor and the entire company. Two solid flavors were provided, peanut butter marshmallow and cinnamon swirl. We have been reviewing a most of Cellucor's new cor performance line and the full product disclosures and slick case designs are well thought out and designed.

How I ran it: Ran this at various times. Sometimes upon wake up, sometimes as a mid afternoon treat and post workout. You will see it is fairly versatile.

Ingredients 8: The new whey cor performance line is a whey isolate and concentrate mix. I know everyone just expects to take isolates and hydro, but concentrates are not the devil and are the closest to whole foods. With a slightly higher cholesterol content than non concentrates , this shouldn't scare you at all.

Each scoop yields 25g of protein and 5.5g of BCAAs. Nothing earth shattering here to the profile, just solid and standard as other high quality whey products.

Mixing 9: Both flavors mixed great in both water and the almond milk. No deposits or clumping.

Effectiveness 8.5: As we have already examined the ingredient profile, I will evaluate how well digestion was with this whey and the recovery. Being a isolate/concentrate I was worried about proper digestion, I did not notice any major digestive issues. The occasional gassy on sets, but they were relatively mild and not frequent. My recovery was on par with other similar isolate/concentrate blends, nothing better nothing worse. I am not surprised that the recovery was on par with the other mainstream blends, this is protein with a solid ingredient profile.

Taste 8.75 (peanut butter marshmallow) 10+ (cinnamon swirl): Taste is always a subjective evaluation, but I find it hard to believe that you won't like this. Cellucor went out and developed 5 flavors and the two I tried with great. This is where the product shines. An absolute delight to mix up and drink.

First, the peanut butter marshmallow was great and not too over powering. I just am not a huge peanut butter fan, so I got tired of this near the end of the tub. Others however I have spoke to absolutely love this flavor. Like I said it is very good, even for a person not too into peanuts. Almond milk obviously enhances the flavor, but water was also great.

Second, the cinnamon swirl was perhaps the best flavor I have tasted. It tastes exactly like cinnamon toast crunch. Again personal preference, but Cellucor nailed this flavor. Perfectly sweetened and in almond milk is tastes amazing. This is also a flavor you could drink everyday and not get tired of it at all, definitely not a niche or "once in a while flavor". Did a mention wow about the flavor.

Value 8: A 26 serving 2lb tub will run you close to $25-30, which is a solid price point. Middle of the market and not overpriced by any stretch.

Conclusion 9: This product gets the big bladeski seal of approval. If you are in the market for a solid protein supplement and want to branch out to different flavors, this is your whey. The protein is solid quality, made with pure ingredients and no major digestive issues. Also the price point is placed right in the middle of the market.
        kalans

August 29, 2015
        Verified Full-Container Use Through SR TROOPs

I was given the opportunity to test and review Cellucor: COR Performance Whey through the SRTroops program here on SupplementReviews.com, which I want to give a BIG Shout out and THANK YOU to SupplementReviews and Cellucor! Thank you for participating in our TROOPS reviewing program, and personally for the chance to test and review this product! This review is for the 26 serving product (2lb), in Red Velvet Cake Batter flavor.

Formula
        Seen below in the image, you can see the many different ingredients contained in COR Performance Whey which is contained in a Proprietary Blend! Yet while they are contained in a Proprietary Blend several other ingredients are shown in their dosages on the label. "For those who aren't aware, Proprietary Blends are ingredients listed in a total mix where the dosages of each are not known. There are many drawbacks to the consumer when the ingredients are given in this way, but one important element you need to know is how effective it is!" I include the supplement label in my reviews in case a product does a non-disclosed ingredient change in such a way you know that the product in this review is the one that matches your label.

The COR-Performance Whey Protein Matrix contains two quality forms of protein, but it is not disclosed how much of each is contained. It is possible that the Concentrate could be sprinkled due to it being listed in brackets with the Isolate, but either way I am ok with that because I LOVE Isolate and for this price you are getting a good amount of it. This is a "blended" protein powder, meaning not a single pure protein product. Then we see two thickeners, which is quite a combo! Cellulose Gum + Xanthan Gum, which in combo will provide a quality thickened shake but was a bit too think for my liking. The bigger winner for me is the inclusion of Lactase which is a digestive enzyme, allowing for better absorption of this product and whatever you may also have in your system! My issue with that is that there is no telling how much Lactase is included, which I feel was a bit on the low end especially since it is listed last in the ingredients. Low Carb/Sugar (1g), Minimal Fat (1.5g), High Protein (25g), Naturally Occurring BCAA's (Up To 5.5g), and Gluten Free (for those who have issues). It is a bit on the lower end of Protein per scoop with a 71.4% of protein per scoop, but does stand toe to toe with some other big name proteins (definitely better than being in the mid 60s, but not the best).

Mixability
        I used several different cups/bottles to mix this product including: a mesh screened shaker cup, and wire ball shaker cup. Each time in all of these cups I mixed 1-2 rounded scoops (35g/70g) to the 12/16/18/20/24 ounces of water. The mixability of this product is very good and is almost perfect, but you may have some clumping if you do not have a completely dried container. The directions indicate to mix one scoop with 6-12 ounces of water, which I went ahead and tried mixing this at varying amounts of water to change the level of sweetness and thickness that I desired. I feel that more water did in fact help with the mixability, but once you pass the 16 ounce mark it would bring the flavor down (based off of 1 scoop) in addition to that I was not able to make it with the thickness I liked. As I added more scoops I found that it tasted best with 14 ounces of water per scoop, but then again some like it a little sweeter than others.

Taste
        Below I have the rating for the container flavor that I was sent "Red Velvet Cake Batter", and Cellucor sent my three other flavors in the 4 serving packets which was awesome of them! Mint Chocolate Chip, Whipped Vanilla, and Strawberry Milkshake which are all rated below. I will note that the flavors did stay true to what they are described as "whipped" was really "fluffy" but tasted like a vanilla marshmallow, Red Velvet Cake Batter tasted so much like the name, Mint Chocolate Chip tasted TOO Minty, and Strawberry Milkshake was by far the best tasting of the four flavors I tasted! With a product like this it is important to have it taste well, as you are not meant to chug it down! With COR-Performance I know that flavors were solid, but it did not affect my overall score for this product.

Typically I followed the directions with 1 scoop being used for most of the duration of the container, but based on my nutritional needs I would add a second scoop. The container took me a while to finish because at the time my protein intake was reduced with my flexible dieting program, but it went very well with some pancakes at the end of the night where I could hit my remaining macros.

Effectiveness (8.8/10)
        Protein powder is meant to help you get in the Protein Macronutrients you need, but can also aid in recovery due to the Naturally Occurring BCAA's or additional ingredients (Lactase in this case) which aided somewhat in digestion. So let's start with digestion, it was good and on par with most Protein products I have used but should have been better with the inclusion of Lactase (digestion enzyme) which I feel is under dosed to be really any more effective. I never really felt bloated or "yuck" while taking COR-Performance Whey, which has happened to me with other products before. Cellucor does advertise that the protein is help maintain and build lean muscle which I know and felt it met, and that it does go well as a snack/meal replacement which it really did. It met my expectations of a Protein powder, and the advertised claims but fell a bit short due to not being as well digested as it should have with the added Lactase.

Value (6.8/10)
        The container comes with 26 servings for the 2lb container, coming out to $1.15 per serving which is on the higher end for a blended protein powder. You of course will find the cost per serving become cheaper as you buy the larger container, but vary per flavor. Red velvet cake batter is only available in the 2lb container, which is the only flavor I am rating based on value.

Overall (8.5/10)
        I would and have definitely recommended this product, and I have purchased this product in the past. This product comes from a solid trustworthy company, but with the bigger name comes a bigger price. Normally I base my protein powder purchases around quality, price, and taste which Cellucor did deliver but I know of other options that do have higher amounts of protein per serving which would make my decision based on price in comparison.

I want to say thank you again to SupplementReviews.com, and Cellucor for allowing me the opportunity to review their product COR-Performance Whey! Thank you for reading, and comment below!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Great Mixability
        • Quality Protein Blend
        • Strawberry Milkshake: 10/10
        • Red Velvet Cake Batter: 8/10
        workoutguru
          January 27, 2015

This had been a protein I have wanted to try for awhile now. After some of the reviews I was reading on this got me really interested in wanting to try this. I had heard that Costco started carrying this but our store I live by never had it and finally they got it. I had to get a tub of this right away when I saw it and for the price and amount of servings I could not pass it up. This has been a long over due review I have been meaning to do for awhile now.

Ingredients:
        Vitamin A 0%
        Vitamin C 0%
        Calcium 20%
        Iron 4%

This is a mix of whey Isolate and Whey concentrate protein. I am just fine with that mix. This is a very simple and basic profile for a protein which I liked. Each serving has 25g protein with 5.5g bcaa. For those of you that are looking for Gluten free this is for you. It is nice to see this is low on Carbs and Fats. The cholesterol may be just a little high in this but nothing you should be to overly worried about.

Value:
        Like I said above I got this at Costco for $39.99 4lb tub 54 servings which I thought was a pretty good deal on this. Most sites that I have seen this on want $50 for the 4lb tub. That I think is just a little high because you will have to pay shipping on top of that which is usually a bit higher on larger size tubs of protein. If your Costco has this I would recommend getting it there instead if you don't mind the one flavor they have.

Taste:
        At Costco they only have one flavor Cinnamon Swirl. I really enjoyed this flavor a lot. It has a bit of a strong taste to it which I liked. Reminded me of cinnamon toast crunch cereal. Depending on how much water or milk you use will determine how thick this will be and how strong of a taste you want. As soon as I opened the container I could really start to smell the cinnamon swirl flavor. It has a very strong smell to it which was enjoyable I thought. My dad happened to be close by me when I opened this and he even commented on how strong the smell of this was. This is the only flavor I have tried so I can't really compare it to the other flavors. I would like to try some of the other flavors also. I normally mixed this with water and it was pretty good. A few times I got to mix this with milk and that was even better I thought. Either way it was still good.

Mixing/Dosing:
        For the most part it seemed to mix fairly well. I noticed every once in awhile I had a little bit that would stick to the bottom of my shaker cup. I used this primarily for after my workouts and only used 1 scoop at a time. You get a total of 54 servings in the 4lb tub which I had. Once in awhile I took this mid morning during my morning break at work to help tide me over till lunch and that seemed to help.

It's always kind of hard to tell how well a protein really works. It seemed like each time I took this it would kill some of my appetite and made me feel more full which was kind of nice if I knew I would not be getting any food in my system for awhile after my workout. Had no digestive issue or bloating from this. This never made me feel like I had to run to the bath room shortly after taking it. It's kind of nice it has more of a simple profile so your body can better digest it and not cause you any stomach issues. My recovery I think for the most part was on par with any other kind of isolate/concentrate proteins I have taken before. It was nothing real outstanding but nothing horrible but it seems to do the trick. This is a great protein with a solid ingredient profile. It's nice how versatile this protein is where it can be used for different things. I don't do much in the way of baking but I could see this being used a lot in baking and would love to try it that way.

Side Effects:
        No side effects.

Overall:
        This was a very enjoyable protein for me. If your looking for a great tasting protein that not only tastes good but works you will want to give this a try. This has a very simple and solid ingredient profile which I really liked. This was a nice change to have from my normal protein I usually take. This will be a protein I can see myself using again and hope to be able to try some of their other flavors.
          willyb87
            August 25, 2015
          Verified Full-Container Use Through SR TROOPs

----Introduction----
          Upon starting this container of protein I was on a lean bulk. You can never have too much protein lol and im always curious to try new brands and flavors so I jumped at the chance to try one of the most popular brands out there. Cellucors advertising is top notch great sleek looking bottles that really catch your eye, lets see if the product matches the labels.

----Ingredient Profile----
          A pretty clean mix of whey isolate and concentrate, with each scoop containing 25grams of protein, 3-5grams of carbs(1-2of fiber) depending on flavor, and a gram of fat. It also as added digestive enzymes to help break down the protein aiding with gas problems and stomach discomfort.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
          Taste- Cookie and cream is the flavor I received, now this was SWEET, my personal preference when drinking protein is more smooth and on the bland side. I usually drink my protein after my workout so a really sweet shake doesn't agree with me at this time. I had to switch it up and drink it a little longer after a workout. They did nail the flavor though it tasted like a cookies and crme Hershey bar without the perfect Hershey taste if that makes sense. I had a gym buddy who had the cupcake flavor and he also said it was wayyy too sweet.
          Mixability- Never had any issues mixing this in a shaker, a few shakes and it was dissolved, this does have little bits of cookie that always sink to the bottom and stick to the sides of the shaker though. Not a huge deal but they aren't really big enough to chew and enjoy so im not sure why these really need to be in there.
          Dosing- Take a scoop when you need to to meet your protein needs, mix with milk water or your choice of beverage. This wasn't a thick shake regardless of what its mixed with.

----Effectiveness----
          Pretty much on par with any other quality protein that ive used. Protein is always tough to gauge effectiveness after one jug, but I didn't get any adverse issues(bloating, gas, stomach issues) while on this so that tells me it is a decent quality protein. I took 1-2 scoops post workout and 1 scoop for breakfast on off days and I recovered well and added some lean muscle.

----Value----
          This can be found for around $28 an average for a 2lb tub (26 Servings) not sure why they couldn't throw in an extra 4 scoops but not a big deal. As far as protein goes this is about the same as any other brand. Bodybuilding.com regularly puts this on some kind of sale at the moment of this typing its on a BOGO50% off and you can buy it in a 3 jug bundle for savings as well so that brings up the value more as well.

----Side Effects----
          None for me

----Conclusion----
          I personally wouldn't buy this again simply because it didn't agree with my taste buds, and that's to no fault of Cellucor everybody has dfferent taste buds and wont like the same flavors etc. I may grab a jug of a different flavor and give a shot if I see a BOGO sale. If your looking for a protein to replace desserts then this may be a great choice for you, if your like me and like a weaker flavor protein you can slam down after a tough workout you may want to look elsewhere.
          • No Side Effects
          • Inclusion Of Sucralose
          • Flavor A Little Too Sweet
          • Cookies and cream: 6/10
          str8edge
            November 9, 2014

SR! How you been???? Long time.
          So,after much ado, Cellucor are officially in India. Cellucor, with their flashy containers and coded product names are now here.
          I,like many other Indians, was interested in trying out their products after checking out all the reviews and the buzz online, so I decided to give their protein and pre-workout a shot.So, here comes my review of the protein.

PROFILE-(8\10)
          I give this an 8 because, despite the high cost, the principal ingredient is a blend of whey concentrate and isolate, not a blend of a thousand other sources of protein. It is not that straight-forward a high-quality source of protein, but atleast it still is right up there.There are 25 gms of protein and 1.5 gms of fat and 4gms of carbs in this, which I would say is moderately high, but you've got to expect them when whey concentrate is involved. That's about all of the ingredients, apart from the usual sodium and other micros.

MIXABILITY-(9\10)
          Mixes well for a concentrate dominated product. No clumps experienced, both in milk and water.

TASTE-(9\10)
          Superb taste. Period. I was looking to try a different flavor apart from my bad boy, chocolate, and wanted to give strawberry a go, and it did not disappoint. It tasted great in both milk and water. It tastes like milkshake alright, but if you have a sweet tooth and are in the mood for some candy, add some of those low-calorie sugar substitutes you find in the market when you mix it milk and it will leave you wanting for more. Especially,do this when you take it before going to bed! :D

VALUE-(7\10)
          This is the category where the product takes a beating. I usually don't do comparisons because of the dollar-rupee conversion problem, but I've still got to mention that I paid the price of a 5 pounder for a 4 pounder. That is even after a 20% discount.

EFFECTIVENESS-(8\10)
          I followed my usual diet and exercise routine when I used this product. I would do weight training about 4-5 days a week and try and hit my macros. This product helped me achieve that. Sometimes when I was lifting for 5 days straight, without any rest days, I would recover well. The best part about it was that it kept me feeling full. I mean, I was like "I don't need to eat any more" for atleast another 3 hours after taking this. Occasionally, I would mix it with milk and drink it before bed, I would wake up the next morning a satiated man. I don't really know if it was the diet or exercise, but I got a wee bit vascular when using this product.

Bottomline, I would definitely recommend cor-performance whey to anybody wanting to add more protein to their diet or simply looking to try a new protein product. It fails to disappoint on many levels and is a good quality, great tasting source of protein. The price is the only lagging department where I would say the company should really look to improvise, because I can see a lot of people who have used their other products state a similar issue. But that apart, I would say it is a great product and it should hold you in good stead.

See you with another review!
          • Kept Me Full