Home > Categories > Protein > Whey Protein > Cellucor > COR Performance Whey

Cellucor COR Performance Whey

COR Performance Whey Cellucor
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (32 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 86% (Trusted)
LOWEST Prices for COR Performance Whey (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
25.99 Buy COR Performance Whey Thousands of Supplements! Buy COR Performance Whey
29.99 Buy COR Performance Whey $5.95 flat shipping rate Buy COR Performance Whey
Report Product Error

Video Review

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Cellucor Super Sport Protein Reviews
Super Sport Protein (16 Reviews)
Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Pro-Antium Reviews
Pro-Antium (25 Reviews)
iSatori Bio Gro Reviews
Bio Gro (20 Reviews)
MTS Nutrition Machine Whey Reviews
Machine Whey (16 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews
Platinum Hydro Whey (98 Reviews)
9.1
GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews
Wheybolic Extreme 60 (79 Reviews)

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

COR Performance Whey Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
COR Performance Whey Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Muscle (27)
  • Amazing Taste (26)
  • Good Value (25)
  • Great Mixability (21)
  • Strong Artificial Smell For Some Flavors (6)
  • Thickness Can Be A Bit Much In Some Of The Flavors (4)
  • Not All Flavors Mix Well (3)
  • Inclusion Of Sucralose (2)
April 14, 2013

Age: 33

April 14, 2013
 A good protein, but nothing special.

Protein powders are a bit difficult for me to review, unless there's something totally different about them, that I have to share. Cellucor makes good products, and typically have higher prices than most companies, but in with this, they seem to have priced the market correctly.

I still don't have much to say about it, that I wouldn't be able to say about other protein powders, but that's not a bad thing.

The flavor was very good, as I chose the cookies and cream powder to review. It was smooth, and the little chocolate crunches made for a nice touch, although tended to fall to the bottom of the glass, and not fully integrate into the mix.

The protein absorbed well, as I was typically hungry approximately 30-45 minutes after drinking the shake.

The mix doesn't contain a high amount of carbs, and the carbs that are contained are complex and dietary fibers.

Something I did enjoy, was the inclusion of lactase. Lactase can help with overall digestion of some proteins, and helps with those of us that are Lactose intolerant, as Lactase is the enzyme that is missing in people with lactose intolerance, and helps to break down any lactose sugars that are needed.

The interesting part, is that the protein itself doesn't contain lactose, as the protein is a separated whey. Meaning that the lactose has been removed.

I mix all my proteins with Almond milk because of my intolerance to regular milks, so the lactase is a bit of a "bonus" as it does help with my digestion with meals later in the day after my protein shake, as the enzymes will last several hours in the system.

In this regards, it's nice to see this as a consideration.

You can find this protein for around $30 for a 2lb tub, which is inline with other popular protein mixes, and for that, I'm rather impressed, as typically Cellucor tends to price themselves higher than everyone else.

The powder also mixes very well, and I had no issues with clumping or thick mixes. With today's protein powders this is pretty standard, but there are a few that still have a gritty texture to them, so it's nice to get something as smooth as this.

Overall, it's a good product, but again, isn't one that stands head and shoulders above the rest. It's priced well, so even though it's not AMAZING, you can still take it and know it's going to be a good value.

If it's one that you can find at your regular shop, I would recommend it.

Also, if you're lactose intolerant, and you want some extra protection for your digestive system, this can help.

My one complaint, and this is similar to most companies, is the inclusion of Sucralose. I wish more companies would look into the use of natural sweeteners, rather than using chemically treated sweeteners like Sucralose. I have yet to find a good protein that takes advantage of products like Stevia, as I would be very interested in a protein that does, as I've stevia to be a fantastic 0 calorie/carb sweetener, that's natural.

Thanks to Cellucor for giving me the opportunity to review the product for the ER program.

And many thanks to Mhseaver670 for the protein waffle recipe. I've used a few times, and they come out very tasty indeed.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Inclusion Of Lactase
  • Inclusion Of Sucralose

Reputation: +3978
Muscle Feast Proteins use Stevia as a sweetner, as you know they are legit

Joined: 3/2009
Reputation: +3269
I'll have to give them a try....eventually. Unfortunately proteins and pre workouts are like rabbits. When I close my pantry door, I swear they have sex and multiply.

Mooselini
Mooselini

Joined: 10/2010
Reviews: 28
Reputation: +2203
also the NOW brand uses stevia and they are very cheap

March 31, 2013

Age: 36

March 31, 2013
 Another review from the Expert Review team.
A while back I was able to grab some Cellucor Whey to review. They was kind enough to send 3 tubs of this protein my way. I used one for mainly cooking with and two others for drinks and smoothies.

One thing I will point out first this stuff is very versatile . That is one reason this stuff is rated high.

Profile 9
Ingredients have been mentioned by others but Its gluten free for those that ask about that stuff, also the whipped vanilla has a slightly lower sodium level than some of the other flavors. Its main ingredient are whey isolates, and whey concentrate. Now like blade I don't get bent out shape when I see the word concentrate on a label.

Taste 8
They was solid flavors, no after taste, Nothing to write home about though. Just typical whey protein .

whipped vanilla 8.5
Kinda plain but really smooth. I used this one for a lot of cooking and smoothies.
Waffles mix was
1 stick light butter
2 eggs
2 scoops protein
1 cup milk
flour until thick to your liking.
makes about 5 or 6 waffles

Smoothie mix
3/4 cup OJ
1 large banana
3 large heaping tablespoons of greek yogurt
handful fresh strawberries
handful of frozen blueberries
one to two scoops protein
Peanut butter if wanted
ice
I had this a lot mornings and it would stay with me all morning.

Molten chocolate 9
I love chocolate so this was a easy one for me.
It was really good with almond milk, It made it really smooth and creamy.

Cookies and cream 8
This was OK, Not my favorite though, Mixes good although the left over chips in my cup would drive my OCD crazy.

Effectiveness 9
Hard to rate how a protein works but you can tell how it does effect ones stomach issues.
With me my couple doses with it I had some cramps and discomfort, BUT I have that with everyone at first.
After those first days it was never a issue again. Never had terrible gas with this either, which can be a issue with some whey supplements.
I seemed to have some good recovery on this protein , enough to be mentioned anyway.

Value 9
I have seen the prices range from 25- 35 bucks for a 2 lb tub. Given that some flavors can have multiply uses I think its a good deal. It also seemed to last longer than what was listed on the label. This was the first protein in a long time I have consistently stayed with and used everyday.

Mixability 8.8
At first glance I thought ,, Oh this is gonna be chunk city, But I already ever had a issue with mixing, It maybe a bit thicker than some like with some flavors though.

Overall SOLID 9.5
This is one of the best ones I have used so far. If I catch a good deal I may spring for some of the other flavors and give them a go.
  • Thickness Can Be A Bit Much In Some Of The Flavors
sdunlimited
sdunlimited

Joined: 1/2013
Reviews: 29
Reputation: +1066
Solid review and great recipes too! Gonna have to try those waffles out

Joined: 1/2011
Reputation: +2485
Thanks They taste better with regular butter and no added protein, But I try to make them a bit healthy and
boost the protein up . Let me know if you like them.

Joined: 9/2011
Reviews: 16
Reputation: +1987
great review and kudos for the extra recipes. This review was kinda like finding a prize in the cereal. Well done!!!

Reply #4:
lava135
lava135

Joined: 2/2012
Reviews: 81
Reputation: +3569
Who do you think you are? Betty F'in Crocker? jk- great review.

Reply #5:

Joined: 3/2009
Reputation: +3269
Used that Waffles mix to make some pancakes, as I don't have a waffle maker, which is too bad, because they were good, but would have been better as a waffle.

January 21, 2013

Age: 23

January 21, 2013
 Hey guys, here comes yet another Cellucor review. A big thanks to Cellucor for hooking me up with 2 tubs of this. I was lucky enough to choose 2 flavors. I am becoming a big fan of this COR series. I'll keep this review short, because there are more reviews to come.

Ingredient Profile:
It's a very simple whey protein supplement. Isolate/Concentrate blend. High cholesterol, yet this is expected with the whey concentrate in there.

Mixability:(9/10)
Mixes quite well. I got a clump every once in a while however.

Taste:(9.25/10)
Both taste very good in water, which was surprising, but of course, almond milk is where it's at!

Peanut Butter Marshmallow:(9.5/10)
I gotta be honest, even though it tasted awesome, I was SLIGHTLY disappointed. This is prob. the 2nd best flavor I have had in terms of protein powder. MTS Whey takes up the top spot for that however. I expected this to be my new favorite flavor for some reason, yet MTS Whey still has my heart.

Cinnamon Swirl:(9/10)
Tasted very good, yet it was a little overpowering for me. I preferred drinking this one in water. I didn't taste the "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" to be honest, but it was still good nonetheless

Effectiveness:(9/10)
I could skip this part honestly. It is convenience food. I noticed no bloating or stomach issues. Just another good whey product on the market.

Value:(9/10)
I'm going to go by the sale price right now, because that is probably where it will stay at. For $25.99, this is the same price as ON Whey, which we all know is great in terms of value. This could be a staple, but I could never use the same product forever.

Overall:(9/10)
Very good product. If you are one of those people who only uses ON GS Whey, give this a try. Same price with some new/fun/innovative flavors. If you are someone who likes to make brownies or pancakes with whey, this should be on your "to try" list. You won't be disappointed when you take your first sip.

Reputation: +3593
    Very interesting! Have you had the MGN Cinnamon Apple Crumb Pie? I like that one too!

Reputation: +2321
    No I haven't, yet now that you mention it.... I can't say I'm not curious

January 20, 2013

Blade410

Reviews: 62

Age: 34

January 20, 2013
     As always, Cellucor was so nice to provide a handful of expert reviewers with their new Cor Performance Whey protein. Special thanks to Mike at Cellucor and the entire company. Two solid flavors were provided, peanut butter marshmallow and cinnamon swirl. We have been reviewing a most of Cellucor's new cor performance line and the full product disclosures and slick case designs are well thought out and designed.

How I ran it: Ran this at various times. Sometimes upon wake up, sometimes as a mid afternoon treat and post workout. You will see it is fairly versatile.

Ingredients 8: The new whey cor performance line is a whey isolate and concentrate mix. I know everyone just expects to take isolates and hydro, but concentrates are not the devil and are the closest to whole foods. With a slightly higher cholesterol content than non concentrates , this shouldn't scare you at all.

Each scoop yields 25g of protein and 5.5g of BCAAs. Nothing earth shattering here to the profile, just solid and standard as other high quality whey products.

Mixing 9: Both flavors mixed great in both water and the almond milk. No deposits or clumping.

Effectiveness 8.5: As we have already examined the ingredient profile, I will evaluate how well digestion was with this whey and the recovery. Being a isolate/concentrate I was worried about proper digestion, I did not notice any major digestive issues. The occasional gassy on sets, but they were relatively mild and not frequent. My recovery was on par with other similar isolate/concentrate blends, nothing better nothing worse. I am not surprised that the recovery was on par with the other mainstream blends, this is protein with a solid ingredient profile.

Taste 8.75 (peanut butter marshmallow) 10+ (cinnamon swirl): Taste is always a subjective evaluation, but I find it hard to believe that you won't like this. Cellucor went out and developed 5 flavors and the two I tried with great. This is where the product shines. An absolute delight to mix up and drink.

First, the peanut butter marshmallow was great and not too over powering. I just am not a huge peanut butter fan, so I got tired of this near the end of the tub. Others however I have spoke to absolutely love this flavor. Like I said it is very good, even for a person not too into peanuts. Almond milk obviously enhances the flavor, but water was also great.

Second, the cinnamon swirl was perhaps the best flavor I have tasted. It tastes exactly like cinnamon toast crunch. Again personal preference, but Cellucor nailed this flavor. Perfectly sweetened and in almond milk is tastes amazing. This is also a flavor you could drink everyday and not get tired of it at all, definitely not a niche or "once in a while flavor". Did a mention wow about the flavor.

Value 8: A 26 serving 2lb tub will run you close to $25-30, which is a solid price point. Middle of the market and not overpriced by any stretch.

Conclusion 9: This product gets the big bladeski seal of approval. If you are in the market for a solid protein supplement and want to branch out to different flavors, this is your whey. The protein is solid quality, made with pure ingredients and no major digestive issues. Also the price point is placed right in the middle of the market.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Amazing Taste
      chichistrong
      chichistrong

Joined: 9/2010
      Reviews: 69
      Reputation: +2159
      if you liked this, you will like the RC line protein. Tasty motherfcuker, tasty!

March 8, 2014

Vitamin A 0%
      Vitamin C 0%
      Calcium 20%
      Iron 4%
      Cor-Performance Whey Protein Matrix (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate), Natural And Artificial Flavor, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Protease, Acesulfame Potassium (Ace-K), Sucralose, Protease A-S, Lactase.

I really like the use of both concentrate and isolate here and it was a real selling point for me. Solid sources of whey (no ion-exchange, etc). Just an overall solid profile.

Mixability: 8/10
      Generally this product mixed well. With the suggested 8oz of water I felt it was a little too thin so I usually went with about 6oz, but I just eyeballed it. This worked well with one scoop but when using 2 scoops with around 12-14oz of water, there was some clumping. I guess I can't complain too much because I like my shakes a little thicker.

Taste: 9/10
      I ordered a 5lb tub of the Peanut Butter Marshmallow after finishing off a tub of Chocolate MTS Whey. I was looking for something different I had just gone through 5 tubs of chocolate flavored proteins. After reading tons of good reviews I decided to try the PB Marshmallow. Upon opening the tub I could smell the PB flavor from a good distance. I only used this with water and it tasted as it should have. I give it a 9/10 because the marshmallow was a little too faint for my liking. Personally I'll probably buy a different flavor because it was like drinking peanut butter but that is the flavor so I hate too much. I'd suggest this flavor for cooking and for big peanut butter fans, but others probably wouldn't want to commit to a 4lb tub like I did.

Effectiveness/Results: N/A
      Standard effects from a protein. Wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking, just normal recovery and such and that's what I got.

I didn't really find any super deals on this protein at the time of purchase (about 2 months ago), and trust me I looked everywhere. With that said, I got it for 50$ shipped which wasn't too bad. If it wasn't for free shipping though it would have been about 55-60$ depending on the site. Anywhere in this price range is just average for 54 servings in my opinion.

In the end, this is a solid product. I'd probably suggest trying a different flavor first but the profile is sound and that is what really counts. Still, being able to stomach the protein is pretty crucial as well and while drinking liquid peanut butter may not sound appealing, it was by no means torture. I'll be purchasing again in the future, just a different flavor.
        November 16, 2013

SergioPLR12

Reviews: 8

Age: 20

November 16, 2013
        Good product

Hello everybody! Just finished a bit tub of this and it has worked great actually. The big COR Performance series from Cellucor really caught my atention and since it was on sale, I decided to give it a try. I bought the Whey and the BCAA's, but that's another story. So, cutting to the chase, this is my review.

Dose: 1 scoop after my workout and 1 scoop on my mid-morning meal

Effectiveness: 8.5/10
        Pretty good actually, not the best recovery I've had but it did the job. Overall recovery was good, I judge the effectiveness based on both recovery and digestion. On the second aspect, my stomach took it well, sometimes I found it to be a little heavy but nothing significant

Taste: 7/10
        Not the best aspect of the product actually. I had the Molten Chocolate flavor and I really like it at first, but but later on it became a little heavy and dense.

Mixability: 7/10
        The reason I'm giving this a 7 is that sometimes I found that the powder hadn't actually disolved very well. I use my smartshaker almost every time and every now and then I could feel the powder on my mouth(not really enjoyable). However, when I used a blender, this wasn't so usual.

Good price, considering the amount of protein and BCAA's per serving, looks like a good deal to me. I really don't get much vote in this aspect since I live in Peru and here the prices are really different, but I base my rating on the regular prices from bb.com, amazon, etc.

Profile: 8/10
        I liked the profile, 25gr of protein per serving is a pretty good deal actually, 5.5gr of BCAA's at 130 calories? Sounds good to me! Really liked the introduction of lactase in the product by the way.

Liked the product actually, it's definetely not my fav whey protein but it did the job. I think Cellucor really could do something about the mixability and taste, but then again, this is still a kind of new series.

Hope you found it helpful guys, if you have some questions about the product or the review, just reply.

Cheers!
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Inclusion Of Lactase
        • Great In Water &/or In Milk
        • Strong Artificial Smell For Some Flavors
        • Thickness Can Be A Bit Much In Some Of The Flavors
        • Didn't Like Molten Chocolate
        September 23, 2013

Age: 20

September 23, 2013
        On the search for some sweet strawberry whey

Hello SR, first review going up! I decided to review Cellucor's performance whey as it is my most recent completed product.

Ingredient Profile: 8/10
        I'm not going to spend too much time discussing ingredients, as many other previous reviews have the profile extensively covered. I will point out my appreciation of the low fat, as I am missing a gallbladder and still tend to experience slight negative reactions upon ingesting too much fat. I did not have a single issue with side effects, which was fantastic. I know a few guys out there don't mind the protein farts, however, as a female I was pleasantly surprised that I never experienced these on this product.

Mixing: 7.5/10
        So from other reviews I've read, it seems the consensus is the mix-ability of this product hasn't been a problem. Maybe this is my inexperience with many protein powders, but unless I was using a shaker, I did have a few issues with clumping. I had to make sure to use a shaker every time, and always making sure I had a clean one around soon became a pain.

Taste: 8/10
        The first tub I finished was Strawberry Milkshake. I've noticed with all the flavors Cellucor has to offer, strawberry was never really anybody's first choice. However, I love strawberry flavored anything, so of course I decided on this flavor for my protein. Despite warnings from my fellow athletic peers that strawberry wheys are usually pretty gnarly, I decided to give this one a go first. I used coconut milk with my whey, and it really wasn't too bad. The smell upon opening the container began to bother me a bit, as it was pretty artificial, but it did not affect the taste. I've had difficulty finishing entire protein tubs in the past, as I usually get sick of the flavor relatively quickly, however, this was not an issue with the Strawberry Milkshake flavor(although I will say the name is a slight exaggeration). I do believe there is room for improvement, as I tried the Cinnamon Swirl flavor and must say it was pretty delicious.

Effectiveness: 8.5/10
        This protein delivers what it claims to do. I currently use intermittent fasting as my diet of choice, and usually broke my fast with this shake. For the beginning of the tub, I was not working out incredibly hard, as I was still recovering from gallbladder surgery. During that time period I used a single scoop, and it was able to curve my appetite until I had the time to make my full meal. School started for me, so my eating window shrank; I normally workout at 5:00am, and eat from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. This protein helped me out immensely with my schedule. I would typically get off work at 5:00pm, and often had school related meetings at 6:00pm. Because my meetings occurred in the middle of my eating window, the only option I had was to drink a shake and wait until usually 7:30pm before consuming any solid food. Typically on this schedule I would be ravenously hungry come 7:30pm, however once I began implementing the shake within that first hour I found myself not obsessing about food as much. It maintained my hunger until I had time to eat fully, which is exactly what I'm looking for in a protein product, although I did start using two scoops. I was only using this product to get some extra protein in, as well as maintain weight, and it was successful on all accounts. I'm sure you could use it to bulk, however, bulking is usually never my goal. I could (and probably will) use this product as a nice cutting tool as well.

I was able to buy every protein flavor Cellucor has to offer with a sale from bodybuilding.com. They offered a buy one get one free, and I split the cost and the tubs with my brother. So I would say my value isn't exactly typical with the product. Normally this protein runs for roughly $30, so pretty average compared to other products.

Overall: 8.5/10
        With the tons of different proteins out in the market now, it can be difficult to decipher which is best. I find you can typically get the macros you desire with several different products, and price ranges are usually similar. So honestly, when I look for a protein it usually comes down to three things; if it can keep me full, no side effects, and if it tastes good. Cellucor delivered on all accounts, the flavor does have a bit of room for improvement, but I would definitely recommend to anyone who has a craving from some sweet strawberries. I look forward to trying and using my other two tubs, Whipped Vanilla and Cookies 'N Cream!

• No Side Effects

Brotein

Joined: 7/2013
        Reviews: 9
        Reputation: +332
        Nice review. I agree, the Cinnamon Swirl was awesome, and if you get the chance the Peanut Butter Marshmallow is great too.

Frankiemusc

Awesome review !!

Reply #4:

Joined: 1/2011
        Reputation: +2485
        awesome review.. for a girl! LOL Just kidding.

Reply #5:

Reputation: +3593
        I personally love Strawberry myself. Ever since Myofusion I judge lots of proteins by their Strawberry flavor.

Great job!

Reply #6:
        workoutguru
        workoutguru

Joined: 7/2009
        Reviews: 83
        Reputation: +881
        Good review. It's good to see a female on here take interest in supplements and willing to do a review. I hope more females start doing some reviews on here also.

Reply #7:

Daloof911

Joined: 6/2012
        Reviews: 26
        Reputation: +477
        great review. Definitely my favorite protein to date. I love the Vanilla, maybe I'll try strawberry next time I pick some up.

Reply #11:

Joined: 5/2013
        Reputation: +64
        Thanks everybody!
        I'll def have to pick up some Myofusion if the strawberry is as good as you say it is Meuth

Reply #12:

Reputation: +3593
        I'm talking about the old myo. The new stuff isn't as good IMO but it's not bad. Flurry Strawberry has freeze dried strawberries in it. Love it

Reply #13:
        chefneilde
        chefneilde

Reviews: 27
        Reputation: +768
        ER after one review sounds about right.

August 20, 2013

overbeys

Reviews: 3

Age: 22

August 20, 2013
        3 Cellucor whey proteins.

I recieved 3 different tubs to try out from cellucor to review. I recieved Molten Chocolate, Peanut Butter Marshmallow, and last Strawberry Milkshake. I will put my ratings for flavor next to name, and put

1) Molten Chocolate (8) I took after workouts. I felt it really filled up my muscles afterwards. Helped me gain a little bit of lean muscle from taking the complete tub over time. Dont recommend this flavor, doesnt taste all that great for a chocolate protein, also didnt mix very well compared to most other proteins and to the other cellucor flavors.

2) Peanut Butter Marshmallow (9) This I did not expect to taste very well when I recieved it. But once I tried it I actually liked it. Nice to have this flavor compared to other brands who just keep it with simple flavors. Mixed very well unlike chocolate. Also helped put on, and maintain my lean muscle.

3) Strawberry Milkshake (10) I loved this flavor. It was so delicious! It mixed great, and helped me after workouts with muscle gains, and also maintaining my muscles.

4) overall A good protein, I would take into consideration on which one you pick with the mixability reviews I put before I pick which one, but All of them had the same affect on me with gaining lean muscle, and helping keeping it on me through workouts.
        AS79
        AS79

Joined: 6/2011
        Reviews: 0
        Reputation: +1348
        Your review should cover more than just the taste.

July 30, 2013

IronBrother

Reviews: 3

Age: 19

July 30, 2013
        Great for the price and profile.

The Cellucor Cor Performance series was rather promising, but i always found it to be too expensive for my taste, having the ZMAs at 40$ and BCAAs at 40$ as well. Finding theprotein for 50$ for 52-56 servings (Depending on the flavor) then i found it to be very resonable. I have also never tried a Cellucor product.

Profile - 8.5. Very clean profile, having the proteins coming from Isolate and Concentrate and having the only downside being the sucralose, which honestly isnt going to do anythign drastic at all.

Taste/Mixability - 9. Only tried the Whipped Vanilla, but am definitely gonna give the PB Marshmellow a go. Whipped vanilla was very very tasty and mixed well in a half USP and half Cellucor sludge. I would definitely get Whipped Vanilla again but definitely want to give Cinnamon Swirl and PB Marshmellow a try.

Value - 8.5. Like i said, you find it for around 45-50$ so the price tag isnt bad at all. Going to give the other flavors a try for sure.

Effectiveness - 9. Not much to say other than it has a solid profile, meets label claims (FYI, according to Marc Lobliners testing) and tasted great.

Overall, i think this is a good mix-up to the ON 100% and tastes much better, although i looovee the Cake Batter flavor of ON 100% and how they have so many flavors. Definitely give it a try, well worth it in my opinion.
        • Inclusion Of Sucralose
        June 26, 2013

Reviews: 15

Age: 22

June 26, 2013
        Holy Peanut Butter Marshmallow!

I often find myself getting bored with whey proteins. I find one that I like, but after a few tubs it's time to move on. After using MTS Whey (already reviewed), I had to find something good enough to fill its shoes. Cellucore Performance Whey was my next choice for multiple reasons. I couldn't resist the Peanut Butter Marshmallow flavor, and Bodybuilding.com had an awesome sale at the time (three 2 lb tubs with free 30 serving C4 for $70). I got the Peanut Butter Marshmallow, Molten Chocolate, and Cookies and Cream. They were all awesome!

Calories: 120
        Protein: 25g
        Carbs: 3g
        Fat: 1.5g

Results (9/10): All right, we all know that it is difficult to test the results from whey proteins due to other supplements being taken, training styles, diet, etc. However, I will say that it didn't cause any stomach discomfort or GI issues. I certainly didn't stop making gains, so it worked well for me. I was doing high volume training and the BCAA content of this protein kept me feeling great.

Taste (9.5/10): Wow. All three flavors were amazing! I'll break it down by flavor to keep things short, sweet, yet informative.

Cookies and Cream: Great taste and very sweet. It has little chunks of chocolate in it that sink to the bottom, but it's a nice addition.

Molten Chocolate: I have to admit that I waited too long to try this because I assumed it would be very generic. Man, was I wrong. This was a surprisingly great chocolate flavor that wasn't too rich, but just perfect.

Peanut Butter Marshmallow: This was amazing! It was a great mix of both flavors. I would describe it was being a peanut butter flavor that is toned down a bit. I highly recommend it if you're looking for something new to try.

I won't rank each flavor individually because everyone has different taste preferences. I will say, however, that every supplement I've had from Cellucore has been great!

Mixability (9.5/10): Mixed great but had a tiny bit of foam. No big deal. It didn't clump or sink to the bottom.

Value (9/10): Okay I'm biased on this one because I got such a great deal, but I feel that they are priced fairly in most of their products. The Cellucore website offers free shipping, which is nice. Oh, and there are discount codes if you look for them. NWB is a 20% off code (Nick Wright Bodybuilding is sponsored by Cellucore I believe). There ya go...20% off and free shipping!

Overall (9.5/10): Not only does this taste great, it is well priced, and has exciting flavors. I would certainly recommend this whey to anyone looking to try it. I will be buying it again in the future.
        • Great In Milk
          Gkeezy
          Gkeezy

Joined: 3/2011
          Reviews: 81
          Reputation: +1134
          Nice review, but are you wearing a womens sports bra in your profile pic ?

Joined: 12/2011
          Reviews: 15
          Reputation: +75
          Haha yeah I am; I'm a chick that rocks a short haircut. I had a Patriots pic up, but had to take it down after Hernandez pulled a Ray Lewis :/

Have you used COR Performance Whey? Submit your own Review!