COR Performance Whey

By: Cellucor

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 24

Ranks #8 of 94 (better than 92%) in
Protein > Whey Protein

COR Performance Whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Cellucor. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

garlick

April 14, 2013

A good protein, but nothing special.

Protein powders are a bit difficult for me to review, unless there's something totally different about them, that I have to share. Cellucor makes good products, and typically have higher prices than most companies, but in with this, they seem to have priced the market correctly.

I still don't have much to say about it, that I wouldn't be able to say about other protein powders, but that's not a bad thing.

The flavor was very good, as I chose the cookies and cream powder to review. It was smooth, and the little chocolate crunches made for a nice touch, although tended to fall to the bottom of the glass, and not fully integrate into the mix.

The protein absorbed well, as I was typically hungry approximately 30-45 minutes after drinking the shake.

The mix doesn't contain a high amount of carbs, and the carbs that are contained are complex and dietary fibers.

Something I did enjoy, was the inclusion of lactase. Lactase can help with overall digestion of some proteins, and helps with those of us that are Lactose intolerant, as Lactase is the enzyme that is missing in people with lactose intolerance, and helps to break down any lactose sugars that are needed.

The interesting part, is that the protein itself doesn't contain lactose, as the protein is a separated whey. Meaning that the lactose has been removed.

I mix all my proteins with Almond milk because of my intolerance to regular milks, so the lactase is a bit of a "bonus" as it does help with my digestion with meals later in the day after my protein shake, as the enzymes will last several hours in the system.

In this regards, it's nice to see this as a consideration.

You can find this protein for around $30 for a 2lb tub, which is inline with other popular protein mixes, and for that, I'm rather impressed, as typically Cellucor tends to price themselves higher than everyone else.

The powder also mixes very well, and I had no issues with clumping or thick mixes. With today's protein powders this is pretty standard, but there are a few that still have a gritty texture to them, so it's nice to get something as smooth as this.

Overall, it's a good product, but again, isn't one that stands head and shoulders above the rest. It's priced well, so even though it's not AMAZING, you can still take it and know it's going to be a good value.

If it's one that you can find at your regular shop, I would recommend it.

Also, if you're lactose intolerant, and you want some extra protection for your digestive system, this can help.

My one complaint, and this is similar to most companies, is the inclusion of Sucralose. I wish more companies would look into the use of natural sweeteners, rather than using chemically treated sweeteners like Sucralose. I have yet to find a good protein that takes advantage of products like Stevia, as I would be very interested in a protein that does, as I've stevia to be a fantastic 0 calorie/carb sweetener, that's natural.

Thanks to Cellucor for giving me the opportunity to review the product for the ER program.

And many thanks to Mhseaver670 for the protein waffle recipe. I've used a few times, and they come out very tasty indeed.
  • Inclusion Of Lactase
  • Inclusion Of Sucralose

• kevO

Muscle Feast Proteins use Stevia as a sweetner, as you know they are legit
  • garlick
    April 14, 2013

I'll have to give them a try....eventually. Unfortunately proteins and pre workouts are like rabbits. When I close my pantry door, I swear they have sex and multiply.
  • Mooselini
    April 14, 2013

Also the NOW brand uses stevia and they are very cheap
abischof
  September 23, 2013

Hello SR, first review going up! I decided to review Cellucor's performance whey as it is my most recent completed product.

Ingredient Profile: 8/10
I'm not going to spend too much time discussing ingredients, as many other previous reviews have the profile extensively covered. I will point out my appreciation of the low fat, as I am missing a gallbladder and still tend to experience slight negative reactions upon ingesting too much fat. I did not have a single issue with side effects, which was fantastic. I know a few guys out there don't mind the protein farts, however, as a female I was pleasantly surprised that I never experienced these on this product.

Mixing: 7.5/10
So from other reviews I've read, it seems the consensus is the mix-ability of this product hasn't been a problem. Maybe this is my inexperience with many protein powders, but unless I was using a shaker, I did have a few issues with clumping. I had to make sure to use a shaker every time, and always making sure I had a clean one around soon became a pain.

Taste: 8/10
The first tub I finished was Strawberry Milkshake. I've noticed with all the flavors Cellucor has to offer, strawberry was never really anybody's first choice. However, I love strawberry flavored anything, so of course I decided on this flavor for my protein. Despite warnings from my fellow athletic peers that strawberry wheys are usually pretty gnarly, I decided to give this one a go first. I used coconut milk with my whey, and it really wasn't too bad. The smell upon opening the container began to bother me a bit, as it was pretty artificial, but it did not affect the taste. I've had difficulty finishing entire protein tubs in the past, as I usually get sick of the flavor relatively quickly, however, this was not an issue with the Strawberry Milkshake flavor(although I will say the name is a slight exaggeration). I do believe there is room for improvement, as I tried the Cinnamon Swirl flavor and must say it was pretty delicious.

Effectiveness: 8.5/10
This protein delivers what it claims to do. I currently use intermittent fasting as my diet of choice, and usually broke my fast with this shake. For the beginning of the tub, I was not working out incredibly hard, as I was still recovering from gallbladder surgery. During that time period I used a single scoop, and it was able to curve my appetite until I had the time to make my full meal. School started for me, so my eating window shrank; I normally workout at 5:00am, and eat from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. This protein helped me out immensely with my schedule. I would typically get off work at 5:00pm, and often had school related meetings at 6:00pm. Because my meetings occurred in the middle of my eating window, the only option I had was to drink a shake and wait until usually 7:30pm before consuming any solid food. Typically on this schedule I would be ravenously hungry come 7:30pm, however once I began implementing the shake within that first hour I found myself not obsessing about food as much. It maintained my hunger until I had time to eat fully, which is exactly what I'm looking for in a protein product, although I did start using two scoops. I was only using this product to get some extra protein in, as well as maintain weight, and it was successful on all accounts. I'm sure you could use it to bulk, however, bulking is usually never my goal. I could (and probably will) use this product as a nice cutting tool as well.

I was able to buy every protein flavor Cellucor has to offer with a sale from bodybuilding.com. They offered a buy one get one free, and I split the cost and the tubs with my brother. So I would say my value isn't exactly typical with the product. Normally this protein runs for roughly $30, so pretty average compared to other products.

Overall: 8.5/10
With the tons of different proteins out in the market now, it can be difficult to decipher which is best. I find you can typically get the macros you desire with several different products, and price ranges are usually similar. So honestly, when I look for a protein it usually comes down to three things; if it can keep me full, no side effects, and if it tastes good. Cellucor delivered on all accounts, the flavor does have a bit of room for improvement, but I would definitely recommend to anyone who has a craving from some sweet strawberries. I look forward to trying and using my other two tubs, Whipped Vanilla and Cookies 'N Cream!
  • No Side Effects
  • Kept Me Full
  • Strong Artificial Smell For Some Flavors
  • Not All Flavors Mix Well

• ron

Excellent First Review!!!
  • Brotein
    September 23, 2013

Nice review. I agree, the Cinnamon Swirl was awesome, and if you get the chance the Peanut Butter Marshmallow is great too.
  • Frankiemusc

Awesome review !!
  • mhseaver670
    September 23, 2013

Awesome review.. for a girl! LOL Just kidding.
    September 23, 2013

I personally love Strawberry myself. Ever since Myofusion I judge lots of proteins by their Strawberry flavor.

Great job!
  • workoutguru
    September 24, 2013

Good review. It's good to see a female on here take interest in supplements and willing to do a review. I hope more females start doing some reviews on here also.
  • Clipper83

Great review
  • WarMachine

Superb First Review!!!
  • TigerJT

Good review!
  • Daloof911
    September 24, 2013

Great review. Definitely my favorite protein to date. I love the Vanilla, maybe I'll try strawberry next time I pick some up.
  • abischof

Thanks everybody!
    I'll def have to pick up some Myofusion if the strawberry is as good as you say it is Meuth
    September 25, 2013

I'm talking about the old myo. The new stuff isn't as good IMO but it's not bad. Flurry Strawberry has freeze dried strawberries in it. Love it
  • chefneilde
    September 25, 2013

ER after one review sounds about right.
mhseaver670

March 31, 2013

Another review from the Expert Review team.
A while back I was able to grab some Cellucor Whey to review. They was kind enough to send 3 tubs of this protein my way. I used one for mainly cooking with and two others for drinks and smoothies.

One thing I will point out first this stuff is very versatile . That is one reason this stuff is rated high.

Profile 9
Ingredients have been mentioned by others but Its gluten free for those that ask about that stuff, also the whipped vanilla has a slightly lower sodium level than some of the other flavors. Its main ingredient are whey isolates, and whey concentrate. Now like blade I don't get bent out shape when I see the word concentrate on a label.

Taste 8
They was solid flavors, no after taste, Nothing to write home about though. Just typical whey protein .

whipped vanilla 8.5
Kinda plain but really smooth. I used this one for a lot of cooking and smoothies.
Waffles mix was
1 stick light butter
2 eggs
2 scoops protein
1 cup milk
flour until thick to your liking.
makes about 5 or 6 waffles

Smoothie mix
3/4 cup OJ
1 large banana
3 large heaping tablespoons of greek yogurt
handful fresh strawberries
handful of frozen blueberries
one to two scoops protein
Peanut butter if wanted
ice
I had this a lot mornings and it would stay with me all morning.

Molten chocolate 9
I love chocolate so this was a easy one for me.
It was really good with almond milk, It made it really smooth and creamy.

Cookies and cream 8
This was OK, Not my favorite though, Mixes good although the left over chips in my cup would drive my OCD crazy.

Effectiveness 9
Hard to rate how a protein works but you can tell how it does effect ones stomach issues.
With me my couple doses with it I had some cramps and discomfort, BUT I have that with everyone at first.
After those first days it was never a issue again. Never had terrible gas with this either, which can be a issue with some whey supplements.
I seemed to have some good recovery on this protein , enough to be mentioned anyway.

Value 9
I have seen the prices range from 25- 35 bucks for a 2 lb tub. Given that some flavors can have multiply uses I think its a good deal. It also seemed to last longer than what was listed on the label. This was the first protein in a long time I have consistently stayed with and used everyday.

Mixability 8.8
At first glance I thought ,, Oh this is gonna be chunk city, But I already ever had a issue with mixing, It maybe a bit thicker than some like with some flavors though.

Overall SOLID 9.5
This is one of the best ones I have used so far. If I catch a good deal I may spring for some of the other flavors and give them a go.
  • Thickness Can Be A Bit Much In Some Of The Flavors

• sdunlimited
    March 31, 2013

Solid review and great recipes too! Gonna have to try those waffles out
  • mhseaver670
    March 31, 2013

Thanks They taste better with regular butter and no added protein, But I try to make them a bit healthy and
    boost the protein up . Let me know if you like them.
  • ron
    March 31, 2013

Great review and kudos for the extra recipes. This review was kinda like finding a prize in the cereal. Well done!!!
  • lava135
    March 31, 2013

Who do you think you are? Betty F'in Crocker? jk- great review.
  • garlick
    March 31, 2013

Used that Waffles mix to make some pancakes, as I don't have a waffle maker, which is too bad, because they were good, but would have been better as a waffle.
Daloof911
  May 7, 2013

I've always been into Dymatize proteins, but due to recent articles about the poor consistency of their quality and nutrition facts, I've been steering more towards Cellucor's Cor Performance Whey.

Profile: 9/10
130 Calories
25g Protein/ 1g Carbs/ 1.5g Fat/ 5.5g BCAAs
Blend of Whey Isolate and Concentrate

Pretty great profile; 71% protein content, low carb, low fat. A higher-end whey protein if you ask me.

Taste:
I've tried a few of their flavors, I'll rate them individually. Overall very good flavors.I feel like flavor is a big selling point for a lot of people when it comes to protein, and with this you can't go wrong.

Peanut Butter Marshmallow (9): Fairly mellow peanut butter flavor, but has a nice marshmallow/malty flavor. Good for a shake if you don't want fats from peanut butter.

Molten Chocolate (8): Strong chocolate flavor, not for the faint of heart. Reminds me of Swiss Miss hot chocolate. A little hard for me to get down postworkout because of how sweet and intense the flavor was.

Cookies and Cream (8): Typical cookies and cream flavor with cookie chunks. The bits of cookies are small and inhale-able.

Whipped Vanilla (9): Nice creamy flavor, not too overwhelming postworkout. Probably my favorite of the flavors I tried.

Mixability: 9/10
Cellucor's Whey mixes great. They recommend 5-6oz of liquid per scoop. If you mix 1 scoop in 5oz of liquid it makes a very thick shake, but its a little gritty. 8oz was more my ball game: thinner, but still had good flavor.

This seems to be right on par with Gold Standard in price, maybe just a little bit more expensive. A 4lb tub runs around $45 for 52 servings and a 2lb tub runs around $28 for 26 servings. Obviously the larger container is a significantly better deal. Bodybuilding occasionally has good deals on this protein.

On a side note: I've noticed that this protein fills me up quite a bit. It seems like it would be an effective post shake during a cut, because it usually kills my appetite for a while and I sometimes need to force myself to eat my postworkout meal.

Cellucor Cor Performance has taken the cake for being my favorite whey protein. With a solid profile, great taste, and a pretty competitive price, I would highly recommend trying this protein next time you're in the market.

Clipper83

January 21, 2013

Hey guys, here comes yet another Cellucor review. A big thanks to Cellucor for hooking me up with 2 tubs of this. I was lucky enough to choose 2 flavors. I am becoming a big fan of this COR series. I'll keep this review short, because there are more reviews to come.

Ingredient Profile:
It's a very simple whey protein supplement. Isolate/Concentrate blend. High cholesterol, yet this is expected with the whey concentrate in there.

Mixability:(9/10)
Mixes quite well. I got a clump every once in a while however.

Taste:(9.25/10)
Both taste very good in water, which was surprising, but of course, almond milk is where it's at!

Peanut Butter Marshmallow:(9.5/10)
I gotta be honest, even though it tasted awesome, I was SLIGHTLY disappointed. This is prob. the 2nd best flavor I have had in terms of protein powder. MTS Whey takes up the top spot for that however. I expected this to be my new favorite flavor for some reason, yet MTS Whey still has my heart.

Cinnamon Swirl:(9/10)
Tasted very good, yet it was a little overpowering for me. I preferred drinking this one in water. I didn't taste the "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" to be honest, but it was still good nonetheless

Effectiveness:(9/10)
I could skip this part honestly. It is convenience food. I noticed no bloating or stomach issues. Just another good whey product on the market.

Value:(9/10)
I'm going to go by the sale price right now, because that is probably where it will stay at. For $25.99, this is the same price as ON Whey, which we all know is great in terms of value. This could be a staple, but I could never use the same product forever.

Overall:(9/10)
Very good product. If you are one of those people who only uses ON GS Whey, give this a try. Same price with some new/fun/innovative flavors. If you are someone who likes to make brownies or pancakes with whey, this should be on your "to try" list. You won't be disappointed when you take your first sip.

January 21, 2013

Very interesting! Have you had the MGN Cinnamon Apple Crumb Pie? I like that one too!
  • Clipper83

No I haven't, yet now that you mention it.... I can't say I'm not curious
Blade410

January 20, 2013

As always, Cellucor was so nice to provide a handful of expert reviewers with their new Cor Performance Whey protein. Special thanks to Mike at Cellucor and the entire company. Two solid flavors were provided, peanut butter marshmallow and cinnamon swirl. We have been reviewing a most of Cellucor's new cor performance line and the full product disclosures and slick case designs are well thought out and designed.

How I ran it: Ran this at various times. Sometimes upon wake up, sometimes as a mid afternoon treat and post workout. You will see it is fairly versatile.

Ingredients 8: The new whey cor performance line is a whey isolate and concentrate mix. I know everyone just expects to take isolates and hydro, but concentrates are not the devil and are the closest to whole foods. With a slightly higher cholesterol content than non concentrates , this shouldn't scare you at all.

Each scoop yields 25g of protein and 5.5g of BCAAs. Nothing earth shattering here to the profile, just solid and standard as other high quality whey products.

Mixing 9: Both flavors mixed great in both water and the almond milk. No deposits or clumping.

Effectiveness 8.5: As we have already examined the ingredient profile, I will evaluate how well digestion was with this whey and the recovery. Being a isolate/concentrate I was worried about proper digestion, I did not notice any major digestive issues. The occasional gassy on sets, but they were relatively mild and not frequent. My recovery was on par with other similar isolate/concentrate blends, nothing better nothing worse. I am not surprised that the recovery was on par with the other mainstream blends, this is protein with a solid ingredient profile.

Taste 8.75 (peanut butter marshmallow) 10+ (cinnamon swirl): Taste is always a subjective evaluation, but I find it hard to believe that you won't like this. Cellucor went out and developed 5 flavors and the two I tried with great. This is where the product shines. An absolute delight to mix up and drink.

First, the peanut butter marshmallow was great and not too over powering. I just am not a huge peanut butter fan, so I got tired of this near the end of the tub. Others however I have spoke to absolutely love this flavor. Like I said it is very good, even for a person not too into peanuts. Almond milk obviously enhances the flavor, but water was also great.

Second, the cinnamon swirl was perhaps the best flavor I have tasted. It tastes exactly like cinnamon toast crunch. Again personal preference, but Cellucor nailed this flavor. Perfectly sweetened and in almond milk is tastes amazing. This is also a flavor you could drink everyday and not get tired of it at all, definitely not a niche or "once in a while flavor". Did a mention wow about the flavor.

Value 8: A 26 serving 2lb tub will run you close to $25-30, which is a solid price point. Middle of the market and not overpriced by any stretch.

Conclusion 9: This product gets the big bladeski seal of approval. If you are in the market for a solid protein supplement and want to branch out to different flavors, this is your whey. The protein is solid quality, made with pure ingredients and no major digestive issues. Also the price point is placed right in the middle of the market.

workoutguru
  January 27, 2015

This had been a protein I have wanted to try for awhile now. After some of the reviews I was reading on this got me really interested in wanting to try this. I had heard that Costco started carrying this but our store I live by never had it and finally they got it. I had to get a tub of this right away when I saw it and for the price and amount of servings I could not pass it up. This has been a long over due review I have been meaning to do for awhile now.

Ingredients:
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 20%
Iron 4%

This is a mix of whey Isolate and Whey concentrate protein. I am just fine with that mix. This is a very simple and basic profile for a protein which I liked. Each serving has 25g protein with 5.5g bcaa. For those of you that are looking for Gluten free this is for you. It is nice to see this is low on Carbs and Fats. The cholesterol may be just a little high in this but nothing you should be to overly worried about.

Value:
Like I said above I got this at Costco for $39.99 4lb tub 54 servings which I thought was a pretty good deal on this. Most sites that I have seen this on want $50 for the 4lb tub. That I think is just a little high because you will have to pay shipping on top of that which is usually a bit higher on larger size tubs of protein. If your Costco has this I would recommend getting it there instead if you don't mind the one flavor they have.

Taste:
At Costco they only have one flavor Cinnamon Swirl. I really enjoyed this flavor a lot. It has a bit of a strong taste to it which I liked. Reminded me of cinnamon toast crunch cereal. Depending on how much water or milk you use will determine how thick this will be and how strong of a taste you want. As soon as I opened the container I could really start to smell the cinnamon swirl flavor. It has a very strong smell to it which was enjoyable I thought. My dad happened to be close by me when I opened this and he even commented on how strong the smell of this was. This is the only flavor I have tried so I can't really compare it to the other flavors. I would like to try some of the other flavors also. I normally mixed this with water and it was pretty good. A few times I got to mix this with milk and that was even better I thought. Either way it was still good.

Mixing/Dosing:
For the most part it seemed to mix fairly well. I noticed every once in awhile I had a little bit that would stick to the bottom of my shaker cup. I used this primarily for after my workouts and only used 1 scoop at a time. You get a total of 54 servings in the 4lb tub which I had. Once in awhile I took this mid morning during my morning break at work to help tide me over till lunch and that seemed to help.

It's always kind of hard to tell how well a protein really works. It seemed like each time I took this it would kill some of my appetite and made me feel more full which was kind of nice if I knew I would not be getting any food in my system for awhile after my workout. Had no digestive issue or bloating from this. This never made me feel like I had to run to the bath room shortly after taking it. It's kind of nice it has more of a simple profile so your body can better digest it and not cause you any stomach issues. My recovery I think for the most part was on par with any other kind of isolate/concentrate proteins I have taken before. It was nothing real outstanding but nothing horrible but it seems to do the trick. This is a great protein with a solid ingredient profile. It's nice how versatile this protein is where it can be used for different things. I don't do much in the way of baking but I could see this being used a lot in baking and would love to try it that way.

Side Effects:
No side effects.

Overall:
This was a very enjoyable protein for me. If your looking for a great tasting protein that not only tastes good but works you will want to give this a try. This has a very simple and solid ingredient profile which I really liked. This was a nice change to have from my normal protein I usually take. This will be a protein I can see myself using again and hope to be able to try some of their other flavors.

• irondude
    January 28, 2015

Another Cellucor review....... oh wait this is a trusty one!!!!! That flavor is insane and with milk is awesome
str8edge
  November 9, 2014

SR! How you been???? Long time.
So,after much ado, Cellucor are officially in India. Cellucor, with their flashy containers and coded product names are now here.
I,like many other Indians, was interested in trying out their products after checking out all the reviews and the buzz online, so I decided to give their protein and pre-workout a shot.So, here comes my review of the protein.

PROFILE-(8\10)
I give this an 8 because, despite the high cost, the principal ingredient is a blend of whey concentrate and isolate, not a blend of a thousand other sources of protein. It is not that straight-forward a high-quality source of protein, but atleast it still is right up there.There are 25 gms of protein and 1.5 gms of fat and 4gms of carbs in this, which I would say is moderately high, but you've got to expect them when whey concentrate is involved. That's about all of the ingredients, apart from the usual sodium and other micros.

MIXABILITY-(9\10)
Mixes well for a concentrate dominated product. No clumps experienced, both in milk and water.

TASTE-(9\10)
Superb taste. Period. I was looking to try a different flavor apart from my bad boy, chocolate, and wanted to give strawberry a go, and it did not disappoint. It tasted great in both milk and water. It tastes like milkshake alright, but if you have a sweet tooth and are in the mood for some candy, add some of those low-calorie sugar substitutes you find in the market when you mix it milk and it will leave you wanting for more. Especially,do this when you take it before going to bed! :D

VALUE-(7\10)
This is the category where the product takes a beating. I usually don't do comparisons because of the dollar-rupee conversion problem, but I've still got to mention that I paid the price of a 5 pounder for a 4 pounder. That is even after a 20% discount.

EFFECTIVENESS-(8\10)
I followed my usual diet and exercise routine when I used this product. I would do weight training about 4-5 days a week and try and hit my macros. This product helped me achieve that. Sometimes when I was lifting for 5 days straight, without any rest days, I would recover well. The best part about it was that it kept me feeling full. I mean, I was like "I don't need to eat any more" for atleast another 3 hours after taking this. Occasionally, I would mix it with milk and drink it before bed, I would wake up the next morning a satiated man. I don't really know if it was the diet or exercise, but I got a wee bit vascular when using this product.

Bottomline, I would definitely recommend cor-performance whey to anybody wanting to add more protein to their diet or simply looking to try a new protein product. It fails to disappoint on many levels and is a good quality, great tasting source of protein. The price is the only lagging department where I would say the company should really look to improvise, because I can see a lot of people who have used their other products state a similar issue. But that apart, I would say it is a great product and it should hold you in good stead.

See you with another review!
  • Kept Me Full
  • On The Pricier Side

Wolfhawk46
  February 20, 2015

----Introduction----
Hey there, this is my second review...ever. Brand new to writing reviews, but a long-time reader. I have competed in mixed martial arts since I was in high-school, I have been a certified personal trainer and owned my own online supplement shop. I am currently in the military. I am currently working my way up form my fight weight of 135 to around 165-175. Other protein powders I have tried include: Top Secret Nutrition (mmm, ice cream flavor), Muscle Pharm Combat Powder(not bad), ON Whey (how do people drink this?), and a bunch of other ones not worth mentioning.

----Ingredient Profile----
I purchased Cellucor Whey because of its low calorie (130), low sugar (1g) goodness. Also, I read reviews that said it was tasty, which it is. 25g of protein per scoop is what I want from a protein powder. Especially if that protein has more isolate than concentrate. The addition of lactase is handy to help with digestion of dairy products. Protease is good stuff to I suppose, though I could care less if it wasn't in here. So yeah, it's your generic why protein powder ingredient list.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
This is where this product really shines. I have tried the molten chocolate, Cinnamon Swirl and Peanut Butter Marshmallow flavors. Each one has been good, like really good. The cinnamon swirl damn near borders Cinnabon if you add some milk to it. The peanut butter marshmallow goes great with chocolate milk and tastes like a the lucky charms leprechaun had sloppy sex with a Reeses. And the chocolate...well it just tastes like chocolate, but pretty good chocolate. The powder mixes well and gets thick and milk-shakey as it should.

----Effectiveness----
H'ok, so here's the protein powder...it's round... I mean really, who can tell if their protein powder is working or not? I can't, but I can tell that it adds calories to my diet in the proper form. That's really all anyone needs from their protein powder right? YAY, it's not a Krispy Kreme donut! You WIN!

----Value----
Value on this is pretty good compared to similar proteins. I'd rather pay a little more for this than gag down another Optimum Nutrition water-shake. Seriously, how do people drink that stuff, it's horrible. However, ON shakes are definitely cheaper, though I assume they make them cheaper by using chalk instead of chocolate.

----Side Effects----
If you are getting side effects from whey protein (naturally low in lactose) then you should probably see a doctor. My only side effect is wanting a second shake after the first.

----Conclusion----
If you want a great tasting protein powder that checks all of the boxes for a low calories, low carbohydrate protein powder, then choose this. If you want the cheapest protein powder, go buy some watered-down Optimum Nutrition. Easy choice right? Side note-I hear Jym is really good too, but costs more.
  • Great In Milk
  • Lacks Slow Digesting Proteins
  • Lacks Medium Digesting Proteins

• kalans
    February 24, 2015

Great review wolfhawk! Very detailed and comical! :) loved the part where you said your only side effect was wanting a second shake lol. I have had some Cellucor protein powder in the past and enjoyed it, glad to hear it is still quality stuff!
SergioPLR12
  November 16, 2013

Hello everybody! Just finished a bit tub of this and it has worked great actually. The big COR Performance series from Cellucor really caught my atention and since it was on sale, I decided to give it a try. I bought the Whey and the BCAA's, but that's another story. So, cutting to the chase, this is my review.

Dose: 1 scoop after my workout and 1 scoop on my mid-morning meal

Effectiveness: 8.5/10
Pretty good actually, not the best recovery I've had but it did the job. Overall recovery was good, I judge the effectiveness based on both recovery and digestion. On the second aspect, my stomach took it well, sometimes I found it to be a little heavy but nothing significant

Taste: 7/10
Not the best aspect of the product actually. I had the Molten Chocolate flavor and I really like it at first, but but later on it became a little heavy and dense.

Mixability: 7/10
The reason I'm giving this a 7 is that sometimes I found that the powder hadn't actually disolved very well. I use my smartshaker almost every time and every now and then I could feel the powder on my mouth(not really enjoyable). However, when I used a blender, this wasn't so usual.

Good price, considering the amount of protein and BCAA's per serving, looks like a good deal to me. I really don't get much vote in this aspect since I live in Peru and here the prices are really different, but I base my rating on the regular prices from bb.com, amazon, etc.

Profile: 8/10
I liked the profile, 25gr of protein per serving is a pretty good deal actually, 5.5gr of BCAA's at 130 calories? Sounds good to me! Really liked the introduction of lactase in the product by the way.

Liked the product actually, it's definetely not my fav whey protein but it did the job. I think Cellucor really could do something about the mixability and taste, but then again, this is still a kind of new series.

Hope you found it helpful guys, if you have some questions about the product or the review, just reply.

Cheers!
  • Inclusion Of Lactase
  • Thickness Can Be A Bit Much In Some Of The Flavors
  • Strong Artificial Smell For Some Flavors
  • Not All Flavors Mix Well
  • Didn't Like Molten Chocolate

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.