Home > Categories > Protein > Protein Blends > BSN > Syntha 6 Isolate

BSN Syntha 6 Isolate

Syntha 6 Isolate BSN User Rating: (2 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Complete Nutrition Titan Reviews
Titan (6 Reviews)
ISS Research Oh Yeah! Protein Powder Reviews
Oh Yeah! Protein Powder (1 Review)
Natures Best Isopure Zero Carb RTD Reviews
Isopure Zero Carb RTD (4 Reviews)
Ultimate Protein Isolate Reviews
Protein Isolate (13 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Pro Complex Reviews
Pro Complex (106 Reviews)
9.3
MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Reviews
Nitro-Tech Hardcore (66 Reviews)
5.9
MuscleMeds Carnivor Reviews
Carnivor (55 Reviews)
Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Reviews
Elite Gourmet Protein (31 Reviews)

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Syntha 6 Isolate Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Syntha 6 Isolate Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • 100% Isolate (1)
  • Perfect Taste And Texture (1)
  • High Protein (1)
  • Low Fat (1)
  • Too Expensive (2)
  • Container 1/2 Full (1)
  • Tastes Bad (1)
Have you used Syntha 6 Isolate? Submit your own Review!
May 19, 2013

wfimcd

Reviews: 4

Age: 23

May 19, 2013
Couldn't wait to finish this tub.

I just recently finished off my tub of strawberry syntha-6 isolate and I felt like I needed to share my experience with you guys. I'm not going into the whole "ingredient profile" because its really just a tub of protein but one thing that was disappointing was 7 carbs and 140 calories per scoop (at 25g protein) which; okay it isn't the end of the world, but I guess I desire zero carbs out of my "isolate" protein when I'm doing a strict cutting diet. But I took the plunge anyways because of the hype and shiny red bottle. I imagined this tasting incredible. It was not something I ever once looked forward to. I tried it with milk, almond milk, water (ended up being the most tolerable), its just too synthetic tasting. I cant put my finger on it but this didn't even really taste like strawberries to me. After a while I got used to it but I'm glad to be done with this tub and kind of feel like a sucker. I know there are worse tasting proteins out there but there certainly are better. I don't want to bash this product too bad because I was taking 2 or 3 shakes a day and I never really got the whole bubble gut feeling, I've got no doubt that this is a quality protein, I'm just going another route next time. I really wanted this to be awesome because I've had good luck with other BSN products, this one just wasn't for me. To each his own, I suppose.
Pros:
Cons:
    • Tastes Bad
    April 16, 2013

GymJunkie

Reviews: 34

Age: 26

April 16, 2013
     First a huge thanks to Eric Hart from BSN for giving me the opportunity to run this stack. The stack consisted of Syntha-6 Isolate, Evotest, Nitrix 2.0, Cellmass 2.0 N.O.-Xplode 2.0, and 2 containers of AminoX.

Now, one thing to point out, this isnt a blend of 6 protein types like the original Syntha-6, it appears to be a "50/50 blend of whey protein isolate and milk protein isolate", so dont let that confuse you. Both forms are in the Isolate form however which makes this more pure over concentrate and also a better choice for people with lactose intolerance.

Taste in milk 10/10: The flavor that was sent to me was Strawberry milkshake, and I cant believe Im actually giving this a good rating, I absolutely HATE strawberry flavored protein. Myofusion was ok at first and got nasty real quick. Titan, V-Core, and Designer Whey were just nasty entirely and a few samples here and there of others, never found a good one, until now. I hate strawberry protein so much I held off on trying it but I knew I had to, and it was the best strawberry protein Ive ever had, 8oz of milk and it tastes JUST LIKE a strawberry milkshake, you'd never guess that it was a health product.

Taste in water 7.5/10 as expected this wasnt as good in water as it was in milk, but its nothing to complain about at all. BSN has always done a great job making some of the best tasting protein, and even making it really good in water, which is great for people who are lactose intolerant or cutting and want less calories.

The only downfall to the taste, is that you dont want to stop drinking it.

Mixability 9/10 Ive never had a problem with it mixing, a few good shakes and its all taken care of. You might think its not entirely mixed at first since it sorta tastes like it, but I think that texture was intentional as it makes it seem more like a milkshake.

Effectiveness 8/10: I generally use this in the morning or mid afternoon, since its a protein blend it will feed my muscles for several hours. It being all Isolate form gives this a higher score for effectiveness in my opinion. The only reason it doesnt get a 10 is because of the price, I cant take it as often as Id like or as many scoops as Id like or it will be out very quickly.

Now lets take a look at this label shall we?

Nutrition facts: Per 1 scoop (38grams)

Fat 2g
    Fiber 2g
    Sugar 1g
    Protein 25g
    Calcium 20%

The fiber coming from the Inulin and ploydextrose that they have added. From what I can tell there has been no added amino acids, the 11g EAAs that this product contains are naturally occurring.

Value 6/10 As good of quality and excellent tasting as this protein is, I just cant justify the $1.46 per serving price tag. bb.com sells this for $35 for just 24 servings and 48 servings for $54. While that isnt ABSOLUTEY terrible, I can name a few others that are very good for much less than this.

Bottom Line: Do I think there are better proteins out there? Yes, but for the incredible taste that this has I cant give it a negative.

If you are one of those people that absolutely needs incredibly good tasting protein, or if you simply have the money to spend then yes I do recommend this stuff. If you are on a budget and dont need the greatest tasting stuff on the market (in my honest opinion) than move on, there are plenty of other options out there.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • 100% Isolate
    • Perfect Taste And Texture
    • High Protein
    • Low Fat
    • Low Sugar
    • Container 1/2 Full

Have you used Syntha 6 Isolate? Submit your own Review!