Syntha 6 Isolate

By: BSN

Syntha 6 Isolate is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by BSN. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

Does Syntha 6 Isolate work?
GymJunkie
  April 16, 2013

First a huge thanks to Eric Hart from BSN for giving me the opportunity to run this stack. The stack consisted of Syntha-6 Isolate, Evotest, Nitrix 2.0, Cellmass 2.0 N.O.-Xplode 2.0, and 2 containers of AminoX.

Now, one thing to point out, this isnt a blend of 6 protein types like the original Syntha-6, it appears to be a "50/50 blend of whey protein isolate and milk protein isolate", so dont let that confuse you. Both forms are in the Isolate form however which makes this more pure over concentrate and also a better choice for people with lactose intolerance.

Taste in milk 10/10: The flavor that was sent to me was Strawberry milkshake, and I cant believe Im actually giving this a good rating, I absolutely HATE strawberry flavored protein. Myofusion was ok at first and got nasty real quick. Titan, V-Core, and Designer Whey were just nasty entirely and a few samples here and there of others, never found a good one, until now. I hate strawberry protein so much I held off on trying it but I knew I had to, and it was the best strawberry protein Ive ever had, 8oz of milk and it tastes JUST LIKE a strawberry milkshake, you'd never guess that it was a health product.

Taste in water 7.5/10 as expected this wasnt as good in water as it was in milk, but its nothing to complain about at all. BSN has always done a great job making some of the best tasting protein, and even making it really good in water, which is great for people who are lactose intolerant or cutting and want less calories.

The only downfall to the taste, is that you dont want to stop drinking it.

Mixability 9/10 Ive never had a problem with it mixing, a few good shakes and its all taken care of. You might think its not entirely mixed at first since it sorta tastes like it, but I think that texture was intentional as it makes it seem more like a milkshake.

Effectiveness 8/10: I generally use this in the morning or mid afternoon, since its a protein blend it will feed my muscles for several hours. It being all Isolate form gives this a higher score for effectiveness in my opinion. The only reason it doesnt get a 10 is because of the price, I cant take it as often as Id like or as many scoops as Id like or it will be out very quickly.

Now lets take a look at this label shall we?

Nutrition facts: Per 1 scoop (38grams)

Fat 2g
Fiber 2g
Sugar 1g
Protein 25g
Calcium 20%

The fiber coming from the Inulin and ploydextrose that they have added. From what I can tell there has been no added amino acids, the 11g EAAs that this product contains are naturally occurring.

Value 6/10 As good of quality and excellent tasting as this protein is, I just cant justify the $1.46 per serving price tag. bb.com sells this for $35 for just 24 servings and 48 servings for $54. While that isnt ABSOLUTEY terrible, I can name a few others that are very good for much less than this.

Bottom Line: Do I think there are better proteins out there? Yes, but for the incredible taste that this has I cant give it a negative.

If you are one of those people that absolutely needs incredibly good tasting protein, or if you simply have the money to spend then yes I do recommend this stuff. If you are on a budget and dont need the greatest tasting stuff on the market (in my honest opinion) than move on, there are plenty of other options out there.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100% Isolate
  • Perfect Taste And Texture
  • High Protein
  • Low Fat
  • Low Sugar
  • Container 1/2 Full
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.