Home > Categories > Protein > Time Release > BSN > Syntha-6

BSN Syntha-6

Syntha-6 BSN
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (167 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 71% (Ambiguous)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
Optimum Pro Complex Reviews
Pro Complex (106 Reviews)
9.3
Optimum 100% Casein Protein Reviews
100% Casein Protein (138 Reviews)
Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews
Platinum Hydro Whey (98 Reviews)
9.1

Products in the same category:

MHP Up Your Mass Reviews
Up Your Mass (88 Reviews)
Muscle Pharm Combat Reviews
Combat (51 Reviews)
Dymatize Elite 12 Hour Protein Reviews
Elite 12 Hour Protein (41 Reviews)
Optimum Nitro Core 24 Reviews
Nitro Core 24 (38 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Syntha-6 during a cut over ON or MP?
Would anyone recommend taking Syntha-6 during a cut? Or would it be relatively i...

Why are the chocolate Syntha-6 RTD no longer available Does anyone know why.
The gym I workout at has been selling Syntha-6 RTD for awhile now. They recently...

BSN Syntha-6 Protein Powder 5.04lbs: $37.03 amazon.com
BSN Syntha-6 Protein Powder 5.04lbs subscribe and save 15%: $37.03 amazon.com ...

Questioning the quality of Syntha-6...
Syntha-6 is one of the more costly proteins out there, which for me, is totally ...

BSN Syntha-6 Decadence
BSN just came out with a meal replacement protein bar! http://www.bodybuilding....

Sauna after workout? Syntha-6 after only running? Bulk snack for school lunch?
So I thought this would be the best category to post in so my bad if its wrong. ...

casein vs Syntha-6
hey! im just about done with my ON casein  protein...and im thinking about ...

Syntha-6 or Myofusion
Which ones better overall?...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Syntha-6 is a blended protein created by BSN. It has a good following and is created using high quality ingredients. Many will leave this protein out of consideration as it is slightly higher in fat and carbohydrate content, but if you're looking for a protein based solely on taste, you don't need to look any further: The biggest plus side of this protein is indeed the taste.

Syntha-6 Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Syntha-6 Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Taste (124)
  • Builds Muscle (107)
  • Good Before Bed (77)
  • Great For Meal Replacement (62)
  • A Little Pricey But Cant Beat The Taste (59)
  • You Fart A Lot For The First Week (33)
  • Too Expensive (25)
  • Alittle Fatty (24)
May 9, 2011

Tsunami2k

Reviews: 50

Age: 23

May 9, 2011
 First off, I have to talk about how delicious this is. The taste alone is allowing it to always be bought by me. I currently have peanut butter chocolate, ohhhh man. I'm addicted.
I like the concept of Syntha-6 providing 6 different types of protein which are supposed to metabolize at different times. This is why I take this as a post-workout/pre-bed protein. I have noticed that it is better than most other proteins, even though I still like platinum hydro-whey better. But I just can't get over how yummy this flavor is.

So I will continue to buy this protein. The calories aren't too high either, which is what I mainly look for.
December 29, 2010

shinndigg

Reviews: 61

Age: 23

December 29, 2010
 This was the very first protein supplement I ever used. Picked it up along with N.O. Xplode and CellMass on the advice of a friend who had been lifting a lot longer then I had. I went through several tubs in about 2 months, and in that time I gained about 4 pounds, which was impressive to me as I am a hardgainer. When I started off using this, I took one scoop in the morning with breakfast, and one scoop post workout. The cookies and creme flavor was delicious, especially when I mixed it with milk. I looked forward to treating myself to one of these shakes after I finished working out. Mixed well in a shaker cup with no issue. It had little cookie bits in it that would accumulate at the bottom of my shaker, which I found to be a little annoying, but a good gimmick I guess. I had good recovery from this product, and saw decent size and strength gains. My personal thought is this is better for people who are looking to gain mass given it's profile, but that was perfect for me.

The only downside to this I'd say is that it is a little on the pricey side, but it is a quality product, so you get what you pay for. And if you use two scoops a serving like I did after awhile, the tubs go by quickly. However, I would recommend and will most likely use it again.
  • Not A Lot Of Servings
April 26, 2010

Blade410

Reviews: 62

Age: 32

April 26, 2010
 Overall, I am not a huge fan of BSN products. Haven't had much luck with many of them, so I typically stick with Optimum Nutrition and Sci-Fit.

However, the Syntha 6 RTDs are great for on the go needs. The RTD is packed with 40g of protein blend with only 6g total fat (2g sat). The fats are a mixture of MCTs and EFAs so you are getting some good fats in this.

Taste: Some of the best tasting RTDs out there. IMO, tastes better than many of the competitors out there.

Value: I typically get the RTDs at a local shop here in Baltimore for around 2.75 each. Which is a good deal if you are on the go and don't have time to lug around individual servings of powder.

Effectiveness: I use this as an in-between meals/MRP protein. Typically in the afternoons, since I eat an early lunch and work out around 4:30pm. I down this around 3:00pm and provides my body the necessary aminos and energy from healthy fats for the 4:30 push.

Recommended product with good value and good blend, even though it has the BSN boogyman on the label.
    March 21, 2010

MMAFreak

Reviews: 40

Age: 26

March 21, 2010
     Im not normally a big fan of BSN products...however this protein is by far the best tasting protein I have ever had hands down. Nothing special in terms of the results you get from it, but it does give you a delicious way to get some protein in your diet. It contains six different proteins ranging from fast to slow digesting, so it makes it a pretty good bedtime snack to keep your body from going catabolic while you sleep...and it tastes a lot better than cottage cheese. Its normally too pricey for me, but I found a couple tubs a few months from expiration on blow out for 12 bucks each at the GNC by my house about six months ago, so I said what the hell. I had the vanilla ice cream and chocolate milk shake, both of which were excellent. Its a bit higher in calories and fat for my liking, but unless your cutting its not going to hurt you. If you can find a good deal on it like I did I would recommend picking up a tub to use for when you get a craving for sweets because its like dessert even when you mix it with water and you dont have to feel guilty about it.
    February 23, 2010

CamelE

Reviews: 27

Age: 19

February 23, 2010
     I know BSN gets bashed a lot for overpriced products, false advertising similar to MT. But this is one of the few BSN products that is really good. Since syntha 6 has 200 calories a scoop with 22g of Protein, it's not good if you're trying to get lean; however, it's great for trying to gain muscle or for a meal replacement because it has different Proteins for extended absorption time. Chocolate Mint is the GREATEST flavored Protein shake I've ever tasted. Tastes like a dessert and nothing like a Protein shake. Peanut Butter Chocolate and Mochachino are are amazing too. Cookies & Cream tastes like Vanilla Girl Scout Cookies with little bits of chocolate pellets. Syntha-6 definitely has the greatest taste. Mixing it with milk, you really can't tell the difference between it and a 2,000 calorie Baskin Robbins milkshake. With water it is still above average. Has 5g fiber per scoop too and decent carbs too, so if you're looking for a meal replacement, this is a definite go to. Keeps you full for hours. If you are on a CKD diet or wanting something leaner go for a standard whey isolate. As a meal replacement or just looking for muscle gains, give it a try. For the amount you get it's expensive, so try a tub if you haven't, but make sure to find it on sale.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great For Meal Replacement
    Reply #1:
    cityofchamps
    cityofchamps

Joined: 2/2010
    Reviews: 5
    Reputation: +13
    Good review man.

I was on chocolate, then cookies and cream, and just bought Chocolate Mint.

Definitely the best out of the 3.

Reply #2:
    Braveheart
    Braveheart

Joined: 5/2010
    Reviews: 1
    Reputation: +3
    must say as much as I hate NO Xplode I really like SYntha 6. Actually not as hi in protein as most ON powders but great tasting and good digestion.

Reply #3:
    TheSecret
    TheSecret

Joined: 3/2012
    Reviews: 0
    Reputation: 0
    Good review. this is one of the better things I do like from BSN. Cookies & cream is the best really reminds me of the muscle milks cookies&cream

August 31, 2009

deumcole

Reviews: 106

Age: 21

August 31, 2009
     Syntha-6 to me is the end all discussion to protein powders outside of gainers. The taste is phenominal, and I've tried just about all the flavors and they don't miss the taste by much. In terms of whats in it I can't complain much. I throw it in a moring smoothie (6AM)and it keeps me full until noonish, and on workout days i take my 2 scoops after I workout, and life starts to come back. It could have a hihger protein count (20g) versus the calories (200), but from what I've heard that's pretty much right on target. The only other problem is price, but I'm not convinced its a bad thing. There just isn't enough servings in the 2lb. jug to last long enough, and it's just too much to buy two at a time. However every now and then you get a kick ass sale GNC or Vitamn Shoppe and I'll stock up. The new 5lb. version looks good, but the sticker shock keeps me at bay. All in all I'm always recommending this protein powder and I'll keep doing so.
    January 15, 2014

Glassman149

Age: 24

January 15, 2014
    Great Protein

I have used this product quite a bit and there is definitely a reason why I keep using it.

The taste is wonderful, I am a huge fan of the vanilla or vanilla cake batter flavor (taste difference between the two.. I cant tell) but it blends very well in a blender bottle with milk or water.

the serving sizes are reasonable for a good serving of protein and doesn't need to have many other things mixed in.

this is a good bedtime protein as well as a morning shake and the price is about average where ever you go to buy your protein.

overall is a wonderful product and would recommend for anyone
    • Good In The Morning
      November 19, 2013

BillyBourne

Reviews: 13

Age: 31

November 19, 2013
      Like Mothers Milk.... but of course it is!!!

As the heading suggests this stuff tastes Amazing!!!

But of course it does, it filled with carbs, fats and a bit of protein.

Serisouly, I think it contains corn syrup and other 'bad' carbs. Hence the great flavour.

Overall:
      If you want a tasty milkshake, then this is great. If you want some quality protein, then this isn't.

Taste: Amazing!!! Had Strawberry and a Chocolate, both yum!

Mix-ability: Very Good.

Value for Money;
      Very expensive for what it is... If you need a good protein powder look elsewhere!!!

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Ridiculous Taste Sooo Goood
      • Unbelievable Taste
      • Does Nothing.
      October 31, 2013

Age: 22

October 31, 2013
      Be prepared to change your boxers

I went through a phase in college where I really loved BSN products, especially Nitrix, Cellmass, and NO Xplode.

When Syntha-6 came out, I liked it--but it was pricey.

As time went by, I moved on to different supplements and did not go back to Syntha-6 until recently. The new flavors piqued my interest, and boy, that new flavor was delicious.

I bought mint chocolate chip.

TASTE 10/10

This is the only 10 I have ever given on the taste of a supplement, excepting Scivation's Xtend. Syntha-6 Mint Chocolate chip is the best-tasting protein drink I've ever experienced. Just mixed with water, it is incredibly smooth and tasty--like you're drinking an ice cream smoothie.

EFFECTIVENESS 6/10

With all that good, yummy taste? Comes a high calorie content. I got noticeably chunkier when I was knocking these back every day, multiple times a day.

SIDE EFFECTS 5/10

Getting fat was not the main issue. The main issue for me was the gas. Seriously. You may as well had been feeding me bowls of black beans instead of Syntha-6. Like clockwork, within an hour of drinking, I would get a disgusting case of the farts. The agony would last four, five, sometimes six hours.

We're talking paint-peeling-off-the-walls kinda smells, people. I frequently had to check myself, and there were some points where I made myself take a shower and change just to be careful.

A protein shouldn't do this to you. I tried to man up and muscle through it for three weeks, but it never went away.

My parents started complaining about the smell coming out of my room--and that's when I knew I had to throw the dang thing away. How dissappointing. No other protein has made me fart so bad.

It's a cruel irony that the best-tasting protein that has ever slipped down my tongue is the worst fart-inducing protein I've ever experienced.

OVERALL: 7/10

If you can get past the fart-a-thon, more power to you. This is a delicious protein blend. Just be careful about overdoing it if you gain weight easily. You can (and will) get a little fat on this if you aren't careful.

All the best,

locospider09

Joined: 5/2013
      Reviews: 20
      Reputation: +290
      Try adding in some probiotics. That helps me out tremendously

Reply #2:

Joined: 10/2013
      Reputation: +17
      Good to know-- will try that my next time around and adjust the score accordingly (if it works). It's too tasty to be ignored :(

Reply #3:
      GymJunkie
      GymJunkie

Joined: 11/2011
      Reviews: 34
      Reputation: +405
      Good review man, Ive been a big fan of BSN for a long time too.

If you had these kinds of problems with Syntha-6, just a heads up, you might want to steer clear of any MuslcleTech proteins, you might kill some people.

Reply #4:
      ODAAT365
      ODAAT365

Joined: 7/2011
      Reviews: 1
      Reputation: +26
      No amount of probiotics will help you digest this junk, LOL. I had the same problem except one step further. Within an hour I would have to literally run to the bathroom to pee out my butt. EVERY TIME. But hey, if you need to clean out this is the only thing I've found that's even better than Chipotle. Thanks for the review.

Reply #5:
      YesILift
      YesILift

Joined: 11/2013
      Reviews: 0
      Reputation: +12
      ummm...maybe you should go to a doctor?

October 29, 2013

gordy1140

Reviews: 2

Age: 27

October 29, 2013
      Amazing Taste!

First off I do not have much knowledge about working out but I do know you probably need protein after a proper good lift. I am completely sold on this protein powder. I bought a tub of chocolate powder from the Gold's gym pro shop. This is how I make my shakes and they are pretty dang awesome. I put 1.5 scoop of protein powder, half cup of water, half cup of 2% milk, peanut butter and some ice. It is absolutely divine!

I like how they offer it at a great price and the store that is near my gym sells it. I wish they had more protein per scoop. I would recommend this to everyone. I have used over 3 tubs in the last 2 months.
      • More Protein Per Scoop

Have you used Syntha-6? Submit your own Review!