Home > Categories > Pre-Workout > Stimulant > BSN > NO-Xplode 2.0 > Reviews

NO-Xplode 2.0

By BSN
NO-Xplode 2.0 BSN
7.3/10
(Weighted average based on 69 Reviews)

Ranks #110 of 156 (better than 30%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Highly unimpressed. This is not for the stim-tolerant.

Now its no secret that I am a BSN fan, I think a lot of their products are highly effective and even though some, or even most may have some massively under dosed ingredients, that normally doesnt stop them from being top notch in my opinion. N.O. Xplode is unfortunately the exception in this, as you will find out with my review.

Mixability 9/10 this mixed really well, did not take long to mix at all and there isn't much else to say about this.

Taste 7/10 I was given the Cherry Limeade flavor, the smell of it is absolutely incredible, the taste is pretty decent, especially for a pwo. Not sure how to describe it, but as I tend to describe supplement flavors, it tastes like a watered down (insert cherry limeade drink here).

Effectiveness will be rated in 3 sections.

1 scoop 0/10 My exact experience with 1 scoop can be said in one sentence.

*gulp* ... *30 minutes later* "Oh hey, Im starting to feel someth-oh there it went"

Unfortunately that is the truth, for about 20 seconds I thought I might have felt something but it was gone as soon as I noticed it. As for beta-alanine, I felt it on my lips for the first 10 minutes, no effect elsewhere. I took this the first time on a day that I again, got little sleep and was just looking for a boost to wake me up (day off with NOTHING planned but relaxing on the couch), after taking this I actually found myself taking a nap. No different on Lift days, just no extra energy at all.

2 scoops 2/10 It didnt give me much of an energy boost, but it did help sustain what energy I did have. I could feel the BA across my face a little bit but not much.

3 scoops 3.5/10 It gave me a TINY boost of energy and again helped to sustain what little energy I did have. The BA was more noticeable at 3 scoops and I actually felt it across my face finally and even across my shoulders and halfway down my back.

Side effects: Every time I took this it never failed to make me sick. I honestly have no idea what is in it that makes me feel this way but roughly 60-90 minutes after taking this I always felt really weak, like I havent eaten anything in 24 hours or more, made my stomach ache, and gave me the runs. I know it wasnt a bad coincidence because it happened every single time and the more scoops I took the worse I felt.

Dosing 4/10 I had to give this a low score because I felt that if I had to use 3 scoops, and I still felt very little energy than it just doesnt deserve a high score. Each scoop you are suppose to use 5-6 ounces of water, 3 scoops means 15-18oz of water for the pwo alone before you hit the gym. Add to that the fact that most people will drink something else (BCAA for example) AND all the water AT the gym means you will most likely be using the bathroom a couple times during your workout.

Profile (to be completely honest here, I simply copy and pasted this time since its a long list)

Carbohydrates 10mg
Sodium 350mg
Potassium 85mg 2
N.O.-Xplode 2.0 Proprietary Blend 19.6g
-Advanced Strength & Performance Matrix
--Modified glucose polymers (maltodextrin), beta-alanine (CarnoSyn)
--Di-creatine-malic acid interfusion, betaine HCl, sodium bicarbonate
--creatine-Sodium Phosphate matrix,
--Creatinol-O-Phosphate-Malic Acid Interfusion, Glycocyamine, Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL
--Guanidino Propionic Acid, Cinnamon Extract (Bark) (Cinnulin PF), Ketoisocaproate Potassium
--Creatine-Alpha-Aminobutyric Acid Matrix (Creatine AAB)
-Ener-Tropic Xplosion
--L-Tyrosine, Taurine, Glucuronolactone, Methylxanthine (Caffeine)
--L-Tyrosine-Alpha Ketoglutaric Acid, MCT's (Medium Chain Triglycerides)
--Lesser Periwinkle (95% Vinpocetine, 98% Vincamine, 98% Vinburnine [Whole Plant])
-N.O. Meta-Fusion
--L-Arginine-Alpha Ketoglutaric Acid, L-Citrulline-Malic Acid Interfusion
--L-Citrulline-Alpha Ketoglutaric Acid, L-Histidine-Alpha Ketoglutaric Acid
--NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide), Gynostemma (90% Gypenosides) (Leaves & Stem)
-Phospho-Electrolyte Composite
--Di-Calcium Phosphate, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate
-Glycerol Polymer Complex
--Potassium Glycerophosphate, Magnesium Glycerophosphate, Glycerol Stearate

Price/value: 3/10 you can find a 30 servings container for around $26, which for a preworkout is not a terrible price but since I needed 3 scoops and that still barely worked for me, thats a total of 10 workouts total so this is not worth it.

Bottom line: I know I am a stim tolerant person, but still, I felt this was about as effective as kool-aid. Sorry BSN, but this is one product I would only recommend to someone that is EXTREMELY stim-sensitive. Add to this the fact it made me sick every time, my vote is no.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • Sick Every Time
  • Diarrhea
  • 3 Scoops
  • Big Dosage For No Result

McGilla

Posted June 23, 2013
Just for the record bro, if you are using the 2.0 version of this product...and 3 scooping it...you are consuming over 600 mg of caffeine...

Posted June 23, 2013
I appreciate the heads up, luckily (or perhaps unluckily)I dont get affected much by caffeine and I use to get well over a gram a day

willyb87

Posted June 23, 2013
I tried fruit punch flavor awhile back it was awful, and the runs come from the large amount of magnesium that's in most bsn product

Posted June 23, 2013
I find that hard to believe since it only has 14% Magnesium, my multivitamin has literally over 10 times that much and its never made me sick.

I wouldent recommend this product

When I heard the new xplode was coming out, I was a little skeptical about buying it. But the only reason why I Probaly decided to give it a try, was cause I found out that ON purchased BSN. But I see that the 2.0 is the same as the NT version, just a hype up

Review:
Taste/mixability-...

Review:
Taste/mixability- I purchased the fruit punch flavor, it tasted pretty good.. only thing is when I would mix it, it came out with a lot of foam on the top. I also noticed it settled very quickly.

Pump/energy- I didn't see nothing special pump & energy wise. It was like any other normal preworkout, and compared to other pwos I have taken , this one didn't seem to do much. I felt a very little small amount of energy. Also just like the Original xplode about half way thru the tub it got to the point I needed 3scoops to feel something.

Price- not bad I bought it on Bodybuliding.com for $35.00

Overall-not to hate on BSN, but I wouldent recommend this product. I've taken all the big name preworkouts, and this one Probaly was the least effective..didn't see much of a diffrence from the Original

Hope this helps anyone looking into this product !

• Ingredients Barley Different From Original
  • Foamy
  • 3 Scoops

overall , i highly recommend everyone to try this product

okay i know many want some more feedback on this product. so here it is.. first of all im gunna state i used the Original no xplode twice and wasnt impressed , seemed messy all around. i recieved a free 10 serving of no xplode 2.0 and was excited to see what the diff was. i am not a fan of BSN because of the quality of the first NO-Xplode.

taste/mixability-8-was easy to mix , says not to shake, which is because of the carbonation. i just shaked it twice then let the carbonation out and repeated. over the taste was great , easy to down , it was fruit punch. was enjoyable.

effectivness-9- night and day comparison to the Original. the Original had good pumps but was just messy energy and made you go to the bathroom. 2.0 is diff , seen real clean energy and didnt experience any bathroom problems so far (through 8 servings).loved the energy and actually had a noticable strength increase.

value-7-i give it a 7 because i got it free but the 50 serving tub is 67$ on bsn's website....terrible price when jack3d is 25-30$ for 45 servings.maybe look for BOGO or sale prices.

pros- great pump and energy increase. strength was more than any other pwo. not messy energy whatsoever. no crash. literally makes you want that extra rep.

cons- so far i just see a problem with the price and its a prop blend. doesnt seem absolutely packed with fillers so i dont see a major problem with it.

overall , i highly recommend everyone to try this product. even those like me who had bad experiences with the first. this product is definitely a competitor with the great pwo's out there. if i could find the tub on sale, i will definitely pick it up for another go-around. the strength is unbeatable. great product , my hat goes off to bsn. now , after a trial of this and a couple tubs of Syntha-6 , i can say BSN is a brand i can turn to and i am excited to try their other products.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Amazing Strength
  • Greatly Improved From First Version
  • Makes You Energized
  • No Crash

Dfost115

Posted July 21, 2011
    I cant tell what the difference in formulas is. Do you think the difference you experienced was due to certain added/higher dosed ingredient? The only difference i could really make out was a higher dosage of beta alanine in 2.0

Posted July 21, 2011
    you know i thought the same thing, and noticed the same thing , thats why i was so skeptical. but it was free and decided to give it a try and i was amazed. maybe the diff in b alanine was the diff , the energy was smooth and stronger. very surprising product.

adam777

Posted July 21, 2011
    BSN's website price is ridiculous. The price varies from $33-38 online, so it's really not too bad.

Posted July 21, 2011
    yea i agree , everything is on there , syntha-6 for 2.91 lb is 53$. good point though.

This is a great value compared to Neurocore

Alright so this will be first review of a product on SR. I've been reading posts and forums off SR for over a year but finally decided to contribute. I have been lifting for a few years and have tried several pre workout supps including: Jack3d, Neurocore, Ravage, the Original No Explode and now No Explode 2.0.

Compared to all of these other pre-workout supps, IMO No Explode 2.0 is far superior. I just finished my first tub and am on my second. Below I have outlined some of the reasons why NO 2 was a superior product for me:

1) Ingredient Matrix: No 2 contains Beta-Alanine, Betaine HCL, Creatine, Taurine, L-Arginine and 200mg Caffeine per serving. These compounds greatly promote vascularity, long lasting energy and I never like I would crash after my workouts. On 1MR I felt like post workout I would just crash, similar effect with Ravage.

2) Tolerance: There are 50 servings in a tub and I made that into 50 workouts. I never had to increase my dosage off one scoop, really just never build up a tolerance (we shall see if that lasts during my second tub). With Jack3d I build up a tolerance really fast and by the end was taking 3 scoops of jack3d instead of the 1 I began with. This leads to the next benefit of No 2...

3) Value: You can find 50 serving tubs for around $35 with shipping and since I was able to just use one scoop at a time, this translated to $.75 a workout roughly. This is a great value compared to Neurocore or Ravage which are more on the expensive side.

Ultimately I found the new version of No Explode to be a large improvement over the first version. It provided a great Boost of energy, no crash and no tolerance.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Greatly Improved From First Version
    • No Crash
    • Steady Flow Of Energy

Great First Review! +Rep
      I've sampled this a few times and really liked it.

My list to try is
      N.O. Xplode 2.0
      Neurocore

Thanks Kubitzky!

I think you will really like NO Xplode 2.0, BSN is an excellent company and they definitely improved this product. Neurocore is an interesting product, incredibly small potent doses. something like 3g.

Posted September 25, 2011
      Good review man!I start tomorrow with No-Xplode 2.0 :)

I had been waiting for this product for the LONGEST time.
      I have not finished a whole 2.48 pound can, but i have finished a trial size of the watermelon flavor.

Let me first say that the Original n.o. xplode...
      I had been waiting for this product for the LONGEST time.

Let me first say that the Original n.o. xplode tasted completely awful. when i first opened my container and felt an amazing smell plaster my lungs in an awesomeness of watermelon. the product literally smells like sour patch watermelons. this is a much improved flavor than the Original salty old gatoraide flavor that the Original n.o. xplode has.

Another thing i enjoyed more about this product was the energy i got from it. the Original n.o. xplode has a somewhat not clean source of energy that makes you jittery. the 2.0 version has a much more consistent flow of energy that sticks with you but isnt too much. i get extremely into the zone when i take this and get tunnel vision.

I love the pumps i get with this product. on arm days i feel like my arms are about to pop from the increased blood flow to them. it is an amazing pump and a great source of energy that Motivates you to push through a few more reps.

I got this product for INCREDIBLY cheap on GNC. it was 7 bucks for 10 servings and i bought 2 cans. usually, n.o. xplode is extremely expensive and this was very cheap compared to tthe Original.

also, another thing i experienced with the first version of this pwo is that you constantly build up a tolerance. after 10 uses i still felt completely satiated using 1 scoop. im about halfway into my other can and im still using 1 scoop.

Overall, i think BSN really stepped their game up with making the second version of this product. i think they took peoples feedback and improved it greatly. I am extremely content with this product and will continue to use it.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Tunnel Vision
      • No Tolerance
      • Greatly Improved From First Version
      • Makes You Energized
      • No Crash

Posted June 22, 2011
        i just got mine, i have been against bsn for awhile now cause they have let me down so im curious

Posted June 22, 2011
        yeah? i was fairly suprised with the results.

jdthered

Posted June 22, 2011
        the first No xplode was great the first time i took it but was very inconsistant the rest of the time. Glad to hear BSN is coming out with more reliable products..now if we could only get MuscleTech on board..

@jdthered
        Pretty sure muscle tech will never be on board :D

killaz5

Posted June 22, 2011
        in all seriousness, does this bomb your stomach like the original NO Xplode and make u poo yourself like a mad man before you get to the gym?

Posted June 23, 2011
        yeah it still kind of does to a degree. it only happens to me sometimes with the 2.0 though. not as terrible as the original that turns your @$$ into a cannon before you workout

Posted June 23, 2011
        great review , just received a free trial of the 10 serving tub. glad to see feedback rightaway. ill post as soon as im done (probably a week or two). also muscletech honestly is horrible , but their neurocore has had great feedback. they use geranium(patent pending) instead of arganine , seems legitimate

NO-Xplode 2.0

I have been using NO-Xplode and NO-Xplode 2.0 since it came out and it has been my favorite PWO. I usually will use a tub of NO and then use a different PWO for about a month but I always end up going back to NO. NO does not give me the jitters or the itch that some of the other PWO give. I personally do not like either of those qualities in a PWO. With NO I usually do not feel a huge rush but instead sustained focus and endurance throughout my workouts. With others I find that they hit really hard but I am not sustained throughout my whole workout, which my workouts tend to be about an hour and a half to two hours. The other PWO I have tried are C4, Mr. Hyde, Assault, Muscle Marinade, Jack3d, and a few more. Overall NO Xplode 2.0 is what I always tend to go back to and get the best lifts from. But, everyone is different and their bodies will respond to different preworkouts differently so you just have to find which one fits you best and what you like most, but I would recommend NO Xplode.

Taste: 7/10 I have tried just about every flavor and I do not mind the taste but a lot of people do complain about it.

Price: 8/10 the price is really good and a lot of the time you can find it for around 28.00 on the internet for fifty servings.

Energy: 7/10 The energy as mentioned above is not an overwhelming rush like I had experienced with MR. Hyde but I usually do have sustained energy throughout my whole workout.

Side Effects: If I take this in the afternoon, four or five, I usually will not be able to fall asleep until at least one in the morning and I do not get that from other PWO I have tried.

Overall: This is my favorite PWO, I will try others but usually always end up coming back to NO Xplode. If anyone has any suggestions on there favorite PWO let me know so I can try it!

Pros:
        Cons:
        • No Crash
        • Foamy
        • Bad Gas Sometimes

deeshmond's NO-Xplode 2.0 Review

USE
        I only took NO-Xplode on my weightlifting days (3-4 times per week). For the first third of the container or so, I only took one scoop but I also tried it with two scoops on high-intensity days. After that, I found that I needed two scoops on each workout.
        The only other supplements...

USE
        The only other supplements I took were protein powder, a multivitamin, and 5g of creatine monohydrate per day--the proprietary blend in NO-Xplode does not say how much creatine is in it, so I wanted to make sure I was getting an adequate amount each day.

EFFECTIVENESS/QUALITY
        I say 5/10 because on days *when it actually worked* it worked somewhat well"”say a 7-8/10. The thing is that it did not work on a consistent basis. I'd say maybe 50% of the time I found it delivered a good pump (the biggest pro of this product), provided some energy (albeit a jittery type of energy more often than not), and decent endurance. But the rest of the time, I honestly did not experience much in the way of positive effects. There were days when it made me feel like garbage and I actually left my workout early (which is rare for me and obviously the opposite of what you'd expect when consuming a pre-workout supplement). So it was really unpredictable.
        If you look at the label, there are definitely some solid ingredients (beta-alanine, creatine, taurine, caffeine, arginine, etc.). BUT, there are a lot of other ingredients that are just filler or added stimulants--I think BSN did this to trick people into thinking more ingredients equals better results (note: as a general rule of thumb, the opposite is often true because it's hard to predict how these ingredients will interact together). I'd say this is probably one of the reasons why I experienced such unreliable effects. When you have dozens and dozens of ingredients (many of which are stimulants), you just can't predict which ingredients will have the strongest effect from workout to workout--it might be the solid ingredients one day and the crappy/useless ingredients the next day.
        Also, the positive effects (again, in the workouts that actually experienced positive effects) that I got in the first few weeks (about a third of the container) from one scoop wore off and I found that I needed two scoops for this product to be useful for the rest of the container.
        Take home message: This product delivered inconsistent effects and any positive effects that I did experience dissipated pretty soon into the container.

MIXABILITY
        Even with the 2.0 version of NO-Xplode, you still can't shake it for long because it will just pop off the top of your shaker cup as was the case with the original NO-Xplode. So you have to continually give it just a few shakes, take the cap off for a second (to let it breathe or something!?), re-cap it, shake it again, repeat. But if you just stir it, it will have lots of foam at the top and residue on the sides as you drink it. I found the best thing was to get a large bottle, keep the cap off or barely on and swirl it a bunch, then give it a few shakes to get rid of any excess foam or residue, and unscrew the cap again. Call me nitpicky but, to me, a supplement shouldn't be this much of a pain to mix.

TASTE/DRINKABILITY
        For the container I bought, I had the Blue Raspberry flavor but I also tried my brother's lemonade flavor. In either case, I did not like the taste. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the ingredients in here are ingredients that are used in SOAP--because it definitely had a bit of a soapy taste to it. Maybe I just have a weird palette or something. In any case, it wasn't unbearable but I wouldn't say it tasted "good." It also sometimes gave me a weird feeling in my stomach--almost like it was eating away at my insides. I'm sure it wasn't (hopefully!) but that's best way that I can describe it.

SIDE EFFECTS
        MANY! Alright here we go... If you want a product that provides good, clean energy rather than a jittery, anxiety-inducing, headache-provoking, upset stomach-making, heart palpitation feeling energy with no crash, then I do NOT recommend you take NO-Xplode!!
        I will say that I have experienced some of these types of feelings with some other pre-workout powders like SuperPump 250 (haven't tried SuperPump Max yet), Xpand, and Razor-8 but not to the same extent. I acknowledge that this may mean I am a bit sensitive to stimulants--if you're not, then maybe you'll like NO-Xplode (although I'd still recommend a different stimulant-filled pre-workout product). BUT, this was definitely one of the worst pre-workout products (if not the worst one) I have ever taken for these types of negative side effects. In fact, they were sometimes so bad, that I had to leave the gym on some workout days. I would sometimes experience such an extreme negative feeling followed by a big crash at the beginning of or even *before* my workout, which pretty much made that workout a write-off. The rest of my days were sometimes really crappy--I would feel useless at school or work, irritable, tired, and even a bit anxious or depressed. Finally, to top it off, I would experience insomnia almost every night. I am a pretty regimented guy, which includes my sleep schedule. But the first night after I took this, it took me over 4 hours to fall asleep. Actually, the first week was about this bad. After that, it got "better", but I still wouldn't call 2+ hours of insomnia on most nights a good thing--for me, I would be hard-pressed to take a supplement that did this to me again even if it was the most effective product of all time--it's just not worth it. (Looking back, I can hardly believe I actually finished the container with this long of a side effects section.) So to sum up, I experienced positive effects from this product about 50% of the time but negative side effects probably 95% of the time"”not a good ratio. This was a big reason why I only took it on weightlifting days--it was pointless for me to experience side effects if I wasn't even getting any positive effects (even if they were sporadic effects) to go with it.
        I suppose if you like having that proverbial "cracked-out" feeling in the gym, then you might like NO-Xplode. Otherwise, go with another product.

VALUE
        Simply looking at the price point, it's pretty much on-par with most pre-workouts, give or take $10. As is often the case with BSN though, you pay more than you probably should for a supplement. The biggest reason I only give it a 5/10 is because the price is not worth the often lack of positive effects that it delivers and especially not worth the negative side effects.

COMPARED TO OTHER PRODUCTS
        Near the bottom of my list for pre-workout supplements. Name a pre-workout product and if I have tried it, I would recommend it over NO-Xplode. I found a simple BCAA powder like Xtend delivered just as good or better results as this, without the negative side effects. I'd probably even say a cup of coffee or tea is better than this product. My personal recommendation to anyone who asks me about pre-workout supplementation is MusclePharm Assault with ½ - 1 scoop of Xtend--clean energy, good pumps, no side effects.

OVERALL
        This was definitely my longest and most negative review of a product. I hope this didn't come across like I'm being a random troll or an unjustified hater--these are just my honest opinions about this product. Bottom line is that it does not deliver enough consistent positive effects, results in too many negative side effects, and is simply not as effective as other pre-workout products I have taken. Maybe you'll experience better results than I did but, in my opinion, there are MUCH better pre-workout supplements than this one.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Good Pump
        • Anxious Feeling
        • Headache
        • Crash
        • Not Consistent

The first week I was pumped up to smash some dumbells

N.O. XPLODE 2.0 gets the job done..
        Honestly, I decided to try this new version out for sh*ts and giggles.

N.O. XPLODE 2.0 gets the job done..
        Honestly, I decided to try this new version out for sh*ts and giggles.

I tried the first version about two years ago in High School and was not really impressed, poor pumps and lack of energy is what I experienced. Although all the football players seemed to be getting all these amazing bench gains from it hahaha yeah right, more like Tren gains...

Anyways, I enjoyed this new version of N.O. XPLODE from BSN, after taking a few weeks off of pwo's I ordered it from bb.com with a relatively decent price compared to most BSN products.

Effectiveness 8/10
        The first week I was pumped up to smash some dumbells during my workouts, and solely dumbells, why I honestly do not know but thats all I wanted to lift haha.

Second week about the same but had to increase dosage to 1 and a half scoops and shortly after up'd it to 2 full scoops to feel the same effects, which makes for an expensive PWO if you ask me.

With one scoop or two I still got awesome pumps from this new version, deffinetly had me itching to lift more weight and keep working out longer.

Taste 7/10
        As most of you may know, BSN makes some pretty sweet supplements, well this new version was no exception, very sweet but still tasted like fruit punch, just chug it and get it over with.

Overall 8/10
        If you are sensitive to PWOs or just starting to supplement with them then this would be an awesome buy!

However...
        DO NOT DRINK A PROTEIN SHAKE ONE HOUR BEFORE CONSUMING THIS PWO, you will have explosive poos in the middle of your workout,thus making you just want to leave the gym and go home! Save your post workout nutrition for POST workout hahah I can speak from experience and it was not fun.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Greatly Improved From First Version
        • Makes You Energized
        • 2 Scoops
        • Upset Stomach First Few Times

mrrg303

NO-Xplode 2.0...way to go!

Yeah, I'm silly I know!

This is the 3rd Pre-Workout product I've used, having begun with SP 250 & SP Max. And even though BSN has been around for several years, I didn't have the pleasure of trying the original formula, so I can't compare it to that.

Someone told me that...
        Yeah, I'm silly I know!

Someone told me that this is considered the Coke'a Cola of pre-work-out products. Maybe, but I do believe they (BSN) started the whole category of PW's that we all love and enjoy today.

Not gonna detail ingredients, since so many people where kind enough to do all that in their reviews. But, one thing I'll mention is: besides all the usual aminos, creatine and herbs & stims in NO Explode 2.0, baking soda also features prominently.

So, you can almost count on a cleansing effect to take place within about 30 min. or so after drinking it. Keep that in mind and be prepared to wait till after your bathroom break to start your workout. Obviously, everyone is different and it may not be an issue for some, but just a heads up.

Also, whatever you choose to mix it in, be careful cuz it will fizz, like shaking a soda. If you shake it up, do it lightly...shake, shake, shake, release the pressure. Maybe 2-3 times till mixed well. My friend shook it up all crazy and it blew the lid off his shaker cup and splashed all over my car....idiot!

All that said, it's a real solid product. It tastes decent, even with the baking soda. I personally bought Orange flavor, but have tried samples of Fruit Punch and Lemon, all pretty good. I also tried Blue Razz, but it's a bit too artificial for me.

As stated in other reviews, each serving, 1 scoop, contains about 225 milligrams of caffeine. That's pretty potent!
        Probably best to begin with 1 scoop and work up from there if you find you need more.

Keep in mind though, with all that baking soda, minerals, herbs and creatine, you are possibly inviting some serious bloating, gas and toilet bowl marathons if you do increase the dosage.

As for me, I stayed with 1 scoop, sometimes level, sometimes heaping, but 1 scoop non-the-less and I had great energy, focus, endurance, pumps, aggression and even an increase in libido later in the day on some days.

I did experience the beta-tingles, but only for the first few minutes of the workout, but one thing that I was pleased to not experience, was water retention or bloating.
        Happy to report that I maintained body weight, but managed to gain muscle and strength and even loose 1/2 inch off my waist after one 50 serving tub. And, at about $32.00 it's fairly economical.

Overall, NO-Explode 2.0 worked out well for me and I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it and is in the market for a solid, established, tried and true Pre-Workout product.

Like some reviewers have warned, it's probably best to use this for weight lifting, strength training and power events.
        The caffeine level and stim content might stress the heart too much for cardio, HIIT, and other endurance events.

Coke'a Cola of Pre-workouts, not sure...Perhaps?

Either way....Thanks BSN!

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Steady Flow Of Energy
        • Makes You Energized

Sequels are never as good as the original

I have tried the previous version of N.O Xplode and my personal thought is that the 2.0 version is nowhere near its predecessor. Here's the breakdown...

EFFECTIVENESS: 3/10

EFFECTIVENESS: 3/10

I lift about 5 times a week and I take it only when I feel shattered after a long day of lectures or whenever I feel like it (I try not to depend on PWOs too much) and have a fair tolerance to caffein. Unlike the previous version which actually does what it says on the tub (i.e: increased energy, focus, etc), the 2.0 version was highly inconsistent.

I could barely feel a thing with one scoop. Two scoops did give me energy for my workouts every once in a while. But the feeling of "Once you train with N.O.-XPLODEâ„¢, you will never train without it!" wasnt present in this product as it did in version 1. A lot of the previous ingredients such as beta-alanine,taurine and of course caffein are supposed to provide you with the pump and energy,but it just didn't happen. How the mighty have fallen.....

TASTE: 10/10

Yes, I actually thought it was that good, which was the only reason I stuck to it and didnt give it away. I bought the "Lemonade" flavour and it does have a hint of sour/sweetness mixed with gas. Tasted alot like drinkin a soft drink. Had a mate who bought "Watermelon", wasnt too bad either. But we both agreed that "Lemonade" tasted better.

MIXABILITY: 4/10

In my opinion, a quality supplement, whether PWO or whey protein should mix easily. Sad to say, this product didn't mix too well. There was a lot of residue at the bottom of the bottle. I realise that alot of people praise its mixability, but maybe it had something to do with my flavour? It did foam a lil as well, but that goes away after awhile.

VALUE : 6/10

I give it a 6 because supplements in Malaysia are probs one of the cheapest in the world. Bought this for 20 pounds i think. But I'm sure this gets pricey in other countries.

A 'NO' for me. I love BSN supps but this one was kind of a disappointment for me. Was really hoping to replicate the same results as the first version. Would only prob recommend this to someone who's extremely sensitive to caffein. But hey, even the best makes mistakes. Maybe next time BSN..

P/S: If you're wondering why I didnt list the side effects such as stomach upset and gas its because I'm pretty lucky that my body is able to tolerate such products without much problems. But if you have a sensitive stomach, I'd advice you to be careful with the dosage from the reviews i've read from other users.

• First Version Was Better
          • Doesn't Mix Too Well
          • Not Consistent

Posted August 19, 2013
          I wholeheartedly agree with your review. It's a shame that one of the first pre workouts is now so mediocre.

Posted August 19, 2013
          Thanks Hussar, yeah it is sad. Hopefully they nail it with v3.0..Third times the charm.Keep on lifting man