Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > BSN > NO-Xplode

BSN NO-Xplode

NO-Xplode BSN
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (356 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 62% (Uncertain)
This product has been reported as discontinued.

LOWEST Prices for NO-Xplode (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
19.99 Buy NO-Xplode Thousands of Supplements! Buy NO-Xplode
27.19 Buy NO-Xplode $5.95 flat shipping rate Buy NO-Xplode
31.85 Buy NO-Xplode New Coupons Recently Added! Buy NO-Xplode
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
BSN CellMass Reviews
CellMass (104 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump250 Reviews
SuperPump250 (250 Reviews)
MRI Black Powder Reviews
Black Powder (154 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Cellucor C4 Extreme Reviews
MuscleTech naNO Vapor Reviews
naNO Vapor (120 Reviews)
4.9

Related Forum Topics

STAK + M-STAK + MASS PHASE + AMINO BULL + GLUTAMINE + NO-Xplode TOGETHER ??
hello everyone, I am 20 years old, i am 80 kilo grams and i am 184 cm , i have...

Usage of 1. cellmax 2. NO-Xplode 3. bpi blox 4. Propeptide MBF protein.
I am really confuse about the usage of of the following products: cellmax crea...

BSN STACK NO-Xplode, SYNTHA 6, TRUE MASS, CELL MASS, AND MULTIVITMIN
I UNDERSTAND YOU NEED A GREAT WORKOUT AND DIET TO GO ALONG WITH THE SUPPLEMENT Y...

C4 Extreme vs. NO-Xplode
I am currently debating on which pre-workout I should take, I currently have bot...

NO-Xplode without the caffeine????
Hey I am very sensitive to stimulants and usually avoid caffeine, the only pre-w...

NO-Xplode Caffeine Free
Just thought Id throw this out there... Not that Id ever waste my money on this ...

Old NO-Xplode vs. New NO-Xplode?
what happened to no-xplode?  i use it for a while about 4 years ago had cem...

Animal Pak, NO-Xplode Banned!?!
I was talking to a friend who lives in Ireland. He told me that Animal Pak and N...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

NO Xplode is said to be the product that started the ball rolling when it came to the inclusion of a pre-workout in a supplement stack.

The original version was loved by many for its crazy energy and legendary pumps, but landed BSN in hot water when it was said that the CEM3 creatine said to be in the product didn't exist. BSN responded by changing the formula and stuck with that formula for a few years.

In response to other companies coming out with their own formulas, they have also released a caffeine free version as well as a short lived NO-Xplode NT.

NO-Xplode Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
NO-Xplode Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Focus (162)
  • Lots Of Energy (161)
  • Good Pumps (158)
  • Endurance (127)
  • Price (134)
  • Bad Taste (92)
  • Makes Me Poop 30 Minutes After Drinking It (81)
  • Stomach Cramping (71)
December 29, 2010

Reviews: 61

Age: 23

December 29, 2010
 I had been working out for nearly a year without ever using supplements. Under the advice of a friend, I picked up the "BSN Starter Kit" so to speak (N.O. Xplode, Syntha-6, and CellMass). So this was the first pre-workout product that I had ever used. Being the noob that I was to the supplement game, I followed the instructions on the label to the letter and started off with just one scoop. I really didn't feel that much affect off of just one scoop, a little vascularity, not much to speak of as far as pump,energy, or focus. When I finally upped the dose to two scoops is when I started to feel the best affects off of this product. The pumps were good, and had a decent burst of energy. All of my core lifts that I did (bench, squats, ect.) all went up 10-15 pounds once I went to the two scoop serving. The thing I noticed the most off of this product was the focus, both during and after the gym. Even after I was finished working out, I was still "zoning" and having tunnel vision in everything I was doing. I would even take a serving of this on the weekends before I would go out and hit the bars because it would keep me hyped and feeling good all night, ha ha, in hindsight not the smartest thing I've ever done and probably not very healthy...oh well.

As fars as cons of this product, I didn't like that you had to take this on an empty stomach (at least 2 hours after a meal according to the label). I like to have at least a small meal and/or a protein bar before I workout, and I would definitely feel the stomach affects if I had anything in my stomach at the time of taking it. On an empty stomach I would feel fine with no issues as far as stomach problems. The other thing I noticed with this is if I took it before I went running, I was destined to yack, it never failed. The 2 or 3 times I took this before going on any kind of run, I'd end up puking it up somewhere out on the trail. So all in all a good product, I'm sure their is better stuff out there, but this was not to bad. I would recommended it, and will probably end up using it again sometime.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Good Focus
  • Good Pumps
  • Have To Take On Empty Stomach
  • Would Throw Up If Used Before Running
  • Price
romanxs1
romanxs1

Joined: 12/2010
Reviews: 8
Reputation: -18
I loved this stuff too man, when I first started it I had crazy strength gains. NO-Explode is pure classic supplement, and at that an effective one.

Reply #2:

Joined: 12/2010
Reviews: 61
Reputation: +1044
Yea, it seems like BSN gets a lot of hate, but I thought this was a good product as well. Any suggestions for other pre-workouts?

Reply #3:
Kyl35
Kyl35

Joined: 10/2009
Reviews: 6
Reputation: +146
I've used no-xplode before and thought it was pretty good, although after cycling on and off a few times, it came to the point where I needed 3 scoops to get the full effects. For about 2 years now I have been using Jacked by USP labs. It is the best preworkout I have ever used. Full focus an I never have to take more than 2 scoops. Not to mention the size of the scoop is about 3 times smaller than no-xplode 1 scoop.

May 11, 2010

Manimal

Reviews: 55

Age: 19

May 11, 2010
 Wow i just realized i havn't written a review on this yet and i have probably taken at least 10 tubs of this in my lifetime. This was my first preworkout and i started taking it when i was 16 and had now clue about supplements, diet, weight training, or cardio. I did gain knowledge over a couple years and took this leading up to the release of USP Labs- Jack3d. My bro got me into this and we shared it and worked out together on it. Safe to say, i made some of my first real gains in muscle and even loss in fat while taking this. I liked that this pre-workout contains Ethyl Ester creatine since im not much of a fan of Creatine monohydrate and the water retention i experienced while on it. What can i say, this was BSNs knockout supplement and probably the best one they will ever make. They even had a commercial for it on cable TV. I experienced huge pumps and great energy while on this. However, one of the major cons i experienced was i couldnt do cardio after a serving of this. It upset my stomach greatly and i would feel sick for hours after the cardio session. The taste always made me gag a few times too. I took the fruit punch, blue raspberry, lemon lime, and lemonade and the lemon lime and lemonade were the only ones i could really handle. The Lemonade was actually pretty smooth. But the truth is, this product mixes horribly and can be gritty with powder bubbles floating on the top which anyone who has taken alot of pre workout supps has experienced, i'm sure. This is not a bad preworkout supplement by any means and may have been the most popular during the time of it's release but now that so many others are out, this one falls below my margin. This product was an on and off problem for my bowels lol. Probably 3 out of 5 times i would have to take massive, runny dumps right before my workouts but after that i would be fine. I think it would be a great for a beginner though who wants to try a pre workout supplement and although i just stated that i took it when i was 16, i still do NOT recommend it for anyone under 18. I was uninformed and you (the reader) are now informed. This stuff can be very pricey depending on where you are buying from. Internet purchase is recommended here. Last but not least- I built up an incredible tolerance to N.O. Xplode and i havnt taken it for almost a year now. I have several great memories from taking this and smashing the weights..along with only a few bad ones.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Form Of Creatine
  • Lots Of Energy
  • Good Focus
  • Good Pumps
  • Good Level Of Creatine
  • Price
  • Built A Tolerance To It
  • Massive Dumps
  • Cardio Was Not Possible While Taking This
April 20, 2010

CamelE

Reviews: 27

Age: 19

April 20, 2010
 I thought I'd give this a review since I've tried a good selection of BSN's products.

Honestly to make it short and sweet, this product was like playing Russian Roulette. When I'd take it, I was either gonna have a pretty good workout, or I'd get a headache and want to die.

Taste - I really didn't like it (blue raspberry). Had to sip it to make sure I didn't gag, But I'm more concerned with how well it worked.

When this stuff didn't make you feel sick, it did give a nice boost of energy, sometimes I felt too much as in it was just all caffeine. The best stuff I noticed was it slightly increased energy, pumps, and a little bit of endurance. Focus wise, I really couldn't. It was more like you had the shakes just from caffeine. Overall, really wasn't clean, reliable energy.

After I drank it, I did notice I'd have to use the bathroom right before I would hit the weights.

Also, this stuff kept me awake for awhile. Compared to Jack3d, after a workout I could easily fall asleep. I think this stuff just relies too much on a stimulant for energy.

And way too many fillers. When I look at the label I am just reading some scientfic formula and in places I will spot words I recognize.

Couldn't always rely on this to work. Sometimes it did result in good workouts, other times I'd feel tweaked out and sick. I definitely recommend Jack3d instead, but this product just didn't do it for me.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Ok Energy
  • Ok Pumps
  • Insomnia
  • Stomach Cramping
  • Headache

MMAFreak

Reviews: 40

Age: 26

March 11, 2010
 For the money there are so many better pre workout supplements out there. I recently got a few free samples of muscle spike from Body Fortress and the energy was insane. Comparable to the effects of Jack3d but you get 45 full servings for around $40. I just started a cycle of Jack3d and have been very pleased thus far. NO Xplode is basically just caffeine with very little else going for it. It also pretty much never fails that I have to stop 20 min into my workout and take a dump when I used to take it. And even worse since the energy comes mainly from caffeine it has a tendency to make me crash before I am even done working out. If you want a good pre workout supplement I would suggest either Muscle Spike or Jack3d. Both are better value and more effective.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Ok Focus
  • Ok Pumps
  • Price
  • Makes Me Poop 30 Minutes After Drinking It
October 7, 2009

deumcole

Reviews: 106

Age: 21

October 7, 2009
 this is the pre-trainer i use the most. i'm not to thrilled with the flavour, nor the price, but as for all the other stuff very few pre-trainers beat it. i've been cycling this on and off for about a year now, and i havent had any of the problems others have noted. i love the energy, and the endurance i get from it is great. i'm an asthmatic, so anything i can do to last a little longer i do. i take 2 scoops currently, but am hesitant to go upto 3. health wise it's fine for me, but i cant stand the taste. i've tried both the fruit punch and the blue raspberry and both are repulsive. however though if you're reult oriented the taste wont matter anyways. pirce is OK, better than Black Powder, but still alittle high for what you get. i dont know how much longer this 25% more thing will last, so take advantage now. the pnly problem i've had is with mixing it. on the jug in big print it says not to shake it, however though when you stir it the powder doesnt like to mix and you get a bunch of grit at the bottom. i found out though that you can in fact shake it, you just have to pop the tab on the shaker cup to release the gas build up so yer shaker bottle doesnt blow up (isnt chemistry lovely). people who report cramping probably dont drink enough water, so make sure to take in plenty of water (around a gallon). and make sure to cycle it off every 3-4 weeks. others who report building up tolerances dont cycle it, so like anything else yer body will get used to it and the effectiveness will decrease. so remember to drink lots of water, cycle it off, and pop the tab on the shaker bottle.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Level Of Creatine
  • Good Pumps
  • Endurance
  • Good Focus
  • Lots Of Energy
  • Taste
  • Doesn't Mix Well At Times
May 24, 2009

Reviews: 52

Age: 18

May 24, 2009
 Okay so first of all, I'm pretty sure BSN is one of the best, if not THE best, legal supplement companies, and they've solidified their status with this product. This was the first serious bodybuilding product that I purchased and I took it until the (very small) tub ran out. I can honestly say that I gained a lot of strength (not necessarily mass) off this product. After that experience, i went around telling everyone about this product. Unfortunatley, I didnt have the money to purchase another tub as soon as i ran out of the first one, so i had to wait a week... Let me tell you that was one of the most UNPRODUCTIVE lifting weeks ever! So when they say: Once you train with it, you will never train without it. THEY MEAN IT. Also IMO this definatley blew Black Powder out of the water. I know this kinda sounds like Im a PR guy for BSN but im definatley not and if your looking for gains in strength and an excellent pump for your training, you can stop looking, youve found NO Xplode. The only cons are a bit pricey and it makes your heart race a bit, so address that need accordingly. Happy training.

Joined: 5/2009
Reviews: 52
Reputation: +1254
Looking back at this as my first review... SMH lol

December 4, 2013

Massivemouse

Reviews: 6

Age: 29

December 4, 2013
NO-xplod

I First found out about SR by researching all of my personal supplements. I have used this site many times and thought it was time to give back to the community. I went through two tubs of this product which was the 2.25 pound tubs. I always like to try at least two before I can give a solid review or recommendation to friends and family. My diet was and has been very strict. I was in a bulking phase while taking this supplement and was consuming 3700 calories a day. I am 5 foot 7 200 pounds with a 5 day training split where I focus on 10-12 rep range 3-4 sets as heavy as I can manage to failure every set. While on this product I did not notice a huge gain in energy which was a little dissapointing since it is a pre workout. One major thing that I do not like about all of BSN's products is their long list of proprietary blends. there are always tons of ingredients that if dosed correctly will create a great product but dosing is never given. As far as a pump goes I did get a solid pump for the first week. I did not stack this with any other vasodialator or pre workout to get a solid and accurate measurment from this product. But after about the first 5-7 times using I needed to up the dose. Even after upping the dose I found that the pumps were not as strong as they were originally and after half way through the first tub I did not notice anything from this product. I did however mix it with the original jack3d and found great results this way. I find that this product is over priced and full of sugar and proprietary blends. I recomend this to the average beginner but once you have tried a pre workout that is not focused on blends and marketing hype you will soon shy away from these products.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Ok Pumps
  • Ok Energy
  • Taste Ok
  • Price
  • Stomach Cramping
November 19, 2013

BillyBourne

Reviews: 13

Age: 31

November 19, 2013
My poor heart

I tried this product years ago. And loved it for about a week. The pumps were great, energy, endurance, etc.

Then, after a week, I just to get crazy heart palpitations at night in bed. Very worrying and uncomfortable. I halved the serving size, and still I would get wierd heart sensations at night or during the day. I finished the tub and did not touch it for over a year. Then went and got a second tub; after about two weeks on the second cycle: same issue occurred with my heart.

I discontinued the product.

I have tried Jacked3D, MP Assault, C4 and Superpump. The best out of the lot was the Assualt. Haven't tried the new version, so cannot comment on that.

Taste and mixing were good.

Servings and Price ok.

Too much stimulants in it for me. I cannot see how Crossfitter could use this.

If you are sensitive to stimulants, I would avoid.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Lots Of Energy
  • Heart Palpitations At Night.
October 29, 2013

gordy1140

Reviews: 2

Age: 27

October 29, 2013
NO Mind Xplosion!!

I typed in supplement reviews on BSN's NO Xplod and I saw that over 350 people had reviewed it. My friend told me about it and that I should try it since I usually just take only protein. I want to first off tell you that I am now addicted to pre workouts. I did not know I could be so amped to work out. I was in another zone when I started taking this concoction. I can't compare this product to any other product because this is the first pre workout I have taken (other than red bull and coffee before the gym.)
I generally was taking this before my weight lifting sessions which included heavy lifting. I was setting PR's and killing my old records. I was thoroughly impressed. However, there was a few setbacks to this product. I was not able to sleep some nights. It was probably the caffeine since I really don't drink much caffeine during the day. I noticed that my feet were more sweaty than usual and that my hands were clammy many hours after my workout. I would definitely use this product again.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Workouts
  • Mental Energy
  • Lots Of Energy
  • Good Focus
  • Good Pumps
  • Taste Ok
  • Clammy Hands

Reviews: 1

Age: 28

July 23, 2013
Never Train Without It!

I've been taking this product for many years. Let me tell you, I HAVE to have it to work out! Great pumps, focus, energy. As a nurse who works 12-13 hr shifts, I must take a pre-workout to get any kind of a decent workout after work. Great pumps! Love the itching sensation. Very highly recommend this product. Best places I've found to get product are bodybuilding.com, vitaminshoppe.com, and legendary supplements.com great shipping and customer service. Also gives free samples of other products.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Lots Of Energy
  • Good Focus
  • Good Pumps
  • Makes Me Poop 30 Minutes After Drinking It

Have you used NO-Xplode? Submit your own Review!

Tags: no xplode, bsn no explode, bsn noxplode, no-explode, n. o. xplode, n.o. explode, noexplode, n o explode, n o xplode, no explode