Home > Categories > Pre-Workout > Stimulant > BSN > NO-Xplode > Reviews

NO-Xplode

This product has been reported as discontinued.

By BSN
NO-Xplode BSN
6.6/10
(Weighted average based on 356 Reviews)

Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Manimal

This stuff can be very pricey depending on where you are buying from

Wow i just realized i havn't written a review on this yet and i have probably taken at least 10 tubs of this in my lifetime. This was my first preworkout and i started taking it when i was 16 and had now clue about supplements, diet, weight training, or cardio. I did gain knowledge over a couple years and took this leading up to the release of USP Labs- Jack3d. My bro got me into this and we shared it and worked out together on it. Safe to say, i made some of my first real gains in muscle and even loss in fat while taking this. I liked that this pre-workout contains Ethyl Ester creatine since im not much of a fan of Creatine monohydrate and the water retention i experienced while on it. What can i say, this was BSNs knockout supplement and probably the best one they will ever make. They even had a commercial for it on cable TV. I experienced huge pumps and great energy while on this. However, one of the major cons i experienced was i couldnt do cardio after a serving of this. It upset my stomach greatly and i would feel sick for hours after the cardio session. The taste always made me gag a few times too. I took the fruit punch, blue raspberry, lemon lime, and lemonade and the lemon lime and lemonade were the only ones i could really handle. The Lemonade was actually pretty smooth. But the truth is, this product mixes horribly and can be gritty with powder bubbles floating on the top which anyone who has taken alot of pre workout supps has experienced, i'm sure. This is not a bad preworkout supplement by any means and may have been the most popular during the time of it's release but now that so many others are out, this one falls below my margin. This product was an on and off problem for my bowels lol. Probably 3 out of 5 times i would have to take massive, runny dumps right before my workouts but after that i would be fine. I think it would be a great for a beginner though who wants to try a pre workout supplement and although i just stated that i took it when i was 16, i still do NOT recommend it for anyone under 18. I was uninformed and you (the reader) are now informed. This stuff can be very pricey depending on where you are buying from. Internet purchase is recommended here. Last but not least- I built up an incredible tolerance to N.O. Xplode and i havnt taken it for almost a year now. I have several great memories from taking this and smashing the weights..along with only a few bad ones.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Form Of Creatine
  • Lots Of Energy
  • Good Focus
  • Good Pumps
  • Good Level Of Creatine
  • Price
  • Built A Tolerance To It
  • Massive Dumps
  • Cardio Was Not Possible While Taking This

Ryzo

I guess the main selling point of NO-Xplode are its crazy 'energy' gains

Hello all!

Thought I'd provide a review on another NOS product I've used. NO-Xplode.

Hello all!

Thought I'd provide a review on another NOS product I've used. NO-Xplode.

Let me start by saying that this review is based on my own personal experience, I can help give you an idea about what to expect, but what I write isn't set in stone - everyone differs. For you, this product maybe the best thing since sliced bread, for me, It wasn't particularly great or effective.

Ah, NO-Xplode. Let me start by saying I certainly had an Xplosion, but it wasn't in energy, it was whilst I was sitting on the toilet with stomach cramps.

After reading so many reviews on various sites that raved about this product, I thought I'd give it a try. Never again.

My first mistake was to probably buy it in 'Lemonade' flavour, just the thought of it makes me want to chug up some hot sick. It tasted vile and was very hard to stomach. The benefits certainly did not out-weigh the effort it took to drink it.

The mixability was very poor, I would always have an inch or two of froth on top of the mixture, which certainly didn't help things if you could get past the awful taste.

I guess the main selling point of NO-Xplode are its crazy 'energy' gains and 'pumps'. I experienced neither. I tested my tolerance. Did the recommended dosage, doubled it and then some. Nothing.

What I did experience however were stomach cramps and spending the same amount of time on the toilet as I did in the gym - I have no experienced this with any other product. It kicked the crap out of me, literally.

Now I don't want to slate this product, it clearly works for some people and I think it's a great entry level into NOS products. I do notably have some kind of tolerance to these products, so it's not all too surprising that I didn't feel much. Everyone differs and I know some people who swear by it. You'd have to try it to decide for yourself, but be warned, you may be paying for what will essentially be a tub of foul tasting powder that will sit in your supplement cupboard (or wherever) for a long, long time.

Thanks.

Keep lifting.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Ok Focus
  • Ok Energy
  • Stomach Cramping
  • Sometimes Feels Like .o. Effect Takes Place.

bristol

Posted August 2, 2010
No xplode is a great entry into NO.. I agree with that. I also agree that it makes you sh*t yourself and once you build a tolerance it does not do anything (1 week in). I have had a noxplode in my supp cupboard since 2007 or something.

good review.

CamelE

The best stuff I noticed was it slightly increased energy, pumps

I thought I'd give this a review since I've tried a good selection of BSN's products.

Honestly to make it short and sweet, this product was like playing Russian Roulette. When I'd take it, I was either gonna have a pretty good workout, or I'd get a headache and want to die.

Taste - I really didn't like it (blue raspberry). Had to sip it to make sure I didn't gag, But I'm more concerned with how well it worked.

When this stuff didn't make you feel sick, it did give a nice boost of energy, sometimes I felt too much as in it was just all caffeine. The best stuff I noticed was it slightly increased energy, pumps, and a little bit of endurance. Focus wise, I really couldn't. It was more like you had the shakes just from caffeine. Overall, really wasn't clean, reliable energy.

After I drank it, I did notice I'd have to use the bathroom right before I would hit the weights.

Also, this stuff kept me awake for awhile. Compared to Jack3d, after a workout I could easily fall asleep. I think this stuff just relies too much on a stimulant for energy.

And way too many fillers. When I look at the label I am just reading some scientfic formula and in places I will spot words I recognize.

Couldn't always rely on this to work. Sometimes it did result in good workouts, other times I'd feel tweaked out and sick. I definitely recommend Jack3d instead, but this product just didn't do it for me.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Ok Energy
  • Ok Pumps
  • Insomnia
  • Stomach Cramping

Posted April 20, 2010
NO Explode = gag gag gag and runs runs runs

Geer76

I felt great. I am energized the rest of the day and feel amazing

This is my first time writing a review for anything other than books, so bear with me.

NO Xplode is the first pre-workout supplement that I've tried and I've been extremely pleased with the results thus far. I do early morning boot camp 5x a week which is a mix of CrossFit training/300 type workouts and lots of time circuits so several times towards the end of the class I was trying but couldn't pull off more reps or go harder. Since I've started this, I feel like I can keep going and push out more- and I do! After our first 300 workout, I felt like I could do another hour of it. I felt great. I am energized the rest of the day and feel amazing. It hasn't been too much with the OEP I take after breakfast.

Not extremely wild about the taste. I first tried the fruit punch and just ordered the blue raspberry. Regardless of taste, it's worth sucking down for the results I've achieved! I read a lot of the other reviews and I guess I've been lucky so far as in that I've not had a lot of the negative effects physically from it- no headaches, cramping, etc. It has mixed well for me-so really only complaints I have is that it could have a better taste and price could be a little better as I shopped around and all the prices were about the same online vs in-store.

I'm sure as with anything, I will move on to something else down the road as I learn more and my tolerance builds up with it, overall I am pleased.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Lots Of Energy
  • Good Focus
  • Endurance
  • Good Pumps

Posted April 12, 2011
    dont get your hopes up on the blue raspberry flavor.

admin

The initial taste is not that terrible, but it has a pretty nasty sour aftertaste. Personally I don’t really mind is as I always chug my supplements as quick as I can. My roommate gave it to me for free because he experienced some intestinal cramping and gas. I have heard of this happening to other people as well. My roommate has a really weak stomach though, and my stomach is made of iron, so I didn’t have any of the bad side effects I have heard about. I noticed good pumps at the gym and this supplement really did help increase my muscle mass. The price was nearly 60 bucks for a tub, which I thought was a little high, but now you can get it for closer to $40, so it appears to be a good deal. Other manufacturers are coming out with similar products; I might be looking into them as this type of product is very effective.

kmk2

Hey guys I'm about to head to the gym so I figured I'd write a quick review on BSN's NO X-plode, well here goes.

The Good:

The Good:

Effectivness 8/10: I had pretty good workout with this stuff. This being my first NO product I would expect that but at the same time I could only recall one or two times where I didn't get a pretty good pump from the stuff. This may be the only saving grace this product really has.

Value 6/10: I bought the 2.25 pound tub from vitaminshoppe.com for around $38 including shipping. Now seeing other supplements which are way more effective cost less I see that this product is a little too expensive for my taste for the little effect it had on me.

The Bad:

Taste 4/10: I got the blue raspberry flavor and boy sometimes it was a struggle to get it down. It felt like I was drinking Blue Kool-Aid with about 8 scoops of sugar in it. It tasted more like cough medicine and candy mixed together than a pre-workout drink. At first the taste was fine and then towards the end I would pretty much hold my nose and chug just to get it down. Yuck.

The Ugly:

Side Effects: DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT SHAKE THE DRINK! The first time I used it I put everything in a water bottle and shook it up. Needless to say it literally NO-Xploded all over my dorm kitchen. Cleaning is definitely not what you want to do instead of going to the gym.

The REALLY Ugly:

The Cramps: Now there is a clear warning not to eat at least 30 minutes before you use NO-Xplode, however since my roommate brought back a delicious Italian Sub with all the toppings I threw caution to the wind and said whatever I'll drink NO-Xplode and eat food. Horrible mistake, and you can ask the toilet in the gym and it'll agree. Thank God nobody was around to listen to me literally X-plode.

Overall 4/10: I'm 40/60 on recommending this to people. I liked the pumps that it gave me but overall there are way too many side effects and pre-cautions you need to take before drinking it.

I hope this review was formal and informative and maybe some people will get the Clint Eastwood reference haha.

-Kev

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Lots Of Energy
    • Good Pumps
    • Don't Shake Or It Will Literally Explode
    • Price
    • Makes Me Poop 30 Minutes After Drinking It
    • Headache

koki

I finished a small tub of this product about one year ago. I researched it pretty well and thought it sounded like an awesome supp to take.

After my first full scoop, I began my workout about 30 minutes later. After my second exercise was finished (biceps day I believe)I began feeling lightheaded and sweating a lot. No problem, just kept working out through it. By the time I finished my biceps workout, I literally felt as if I was going to pass out. I mean I did experience great endurance and had no intention to leave the gym, but I physically felt faint. Luckily there was a spotting seat close by or I think I would have fallen in front of several people and felt like an a**!

I went home having finished my workout and swore to never take a full scoop again. Took me about two hours to finally get over being winded and exhausted.

From then on, I only took 1/2 a scoop 30 mins prior to my workouts. Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick. I continued feeling lightheaded and winded after only two to three exercises, no matter what muscle group I was working on.

I'm almost sure I haven't read this happening to anyone while on this supp, but I just don't know what happened to me.

If it wasn't for the negative feelings I experienced, I think it would be an awesome supp.

This is my first product review. Hope I did ok!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Endurance
    • Taste Ok
    • Ok Focus
    • Ok Energy
    • Winded
    • Lightheaded
    • Dizzy

ken0
    (0)

Posted March 16, 2011
    Jack3d man

koki

Posted March 16, 2011
    Honestly I think it is the N.O. It's a vasodilator and I'm thinking my body just doesn't agree with it.

This product definately did not gave me what i was wishing for

Alright, i just finished my 1st tub of the Orange flavor 2.25lbs.

Alright, i just finished my 1st tub of the Orange flavor 2.25lbs.

This was recommended to me by an employee of GNC in Burlington, suppose to be greatly appreciated by all their customers. Well i gave it a shot and yeah it did gave me a nice energy boost for the first week but after that.......almost nothing. I was expecting more from this product as far as energy-focus-endurance-strenght and pumps. Stupid me for listening to another GNC employee, not saying that they are all useless but my experience with GNC as not been a great one so far, now i will stick with this site and continue reading and learning from our great members.

I can go in details about the content of this product ( which i thought looked pretty appealing ) but when i see that we already have 52 pages of reviews of this product and some of which are very well writen by our famous SR Broski, i decided that it wasn't worted.

Taste: The orange flavor mixed with water is not bad at all, not too sweet, just right. Makes sure you gave it a good shake before taking it, if not you will definately have some crums in the bottom.

Effectiveness: Again, this product definately did not gave me what i was wishing for, i find that this product tease you a bit, it gives you just a little energy boost but you lose it pretty fast into your workout, specially since i train for 60-75 minutes.

Value: Average, not bad but definately not great.

I will definately not buy this product again. Not saying that i wouldn't recommend it but it did do justice for me. I have seen far better result with ON Amino Energy as far as energy-focus-boost.

Cheers !

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Taste Ok

Lisa

I personally don't care how much energy this gave me, it's not worth i

I gave this a real try. Bought a bottle at my local Vitamin Shoppe and used the entire thing. I will never buy this again because the cons out weigh the pros. I started off with one scoop to figure out my tolerance, towards the end I was using the max (3 full scoops.) N.O. Xplode definitely gave me plenty of energy & focus. However my workouts lasted longer because I spent about 1/3 of my time taking bathroom breaks. When this first started happening I thought okay maybe I'm just eating too soon before I consume this drink? I then began to plan my meals 1 hour before I drank this, then 1 1/2 hours, then 2 hours and still had the same "bathroom" issue. I even switched up my pre workout fuel rotating from my usual liquid meals to solid foods. Still no difference with the laxative like effect. In addition to this problem, N.O. Xplode made me very nauseous & a bit burpy during my cardio sessions. I never once shook this stuff either. The sales manager at the VS warned me not to because it could blow the top off my shaker? lol Yeah so you better believe I gently mixed it with a spoon. The taste isn't good, too sweet for me. I bought the fruit punch and found myself slurping it down with a straw so I wouldn't get that nasty flavor all over the inside of my mouth. It sort of reminds me of seltzer. A bit bubbly and carbonated. Some people swear by this and if it works for you then that's great. Stick with it. But for those who experience the "laxative" effect, maybe it's best to try something else. I personally don't care how much energy this gave me, it's not worth it to allow something to tear up my stomach like this did for the sake of feeling pumped.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Good Focus
      • Endurance
      • Ok Pumps
      • Makes Me Poop 30 Minutes After Drinking It
      • Worst Taste Ever Fruit Punch Makes Me Want To Throw Up
      • Uncontrollable Burping
      • Too Carbonated
      • Need Three Scoops

Posted May 6, 2010
      wow you explained it perfectly. it has the same effect on me. ridiculous energy but not worth all the hype if you can't get through your workout...

Posted May 6, 2010
      (phew!) I'm not happy you also experience the side effects but I'm glad I'm not the only one who did. Not sure what you've moved onto but I'm on my first tub of Jack3d and it's pretty near perfect stuff. 250 pump isn't too bad either. Also, thanks for taking the time to read my review.

Posted May 6, 2010
      i did use jack3d and loved it. i'm actually using animal pump now. i'll be sure to write a review when i'm done.

Posted May 6, 2010
      Yeah I look forward to your review. I've seen that on the shelf and even asked about it but the sales person was a 50 year old lady :)

(Bless her heart)she couldn't tell me a thing about it.

MMAFreak

NO Xplode is basically just caffeine with very little else going for it

For the money there are so many better pre workout supplements out there. I recently got a few free samples of muscle spike from Body Fortress and the energy was insane. Comparable to the effects of Jack3d but you get 45 full servings for around $40. I just started a cycle of Jack3d and have been very pleased thus far. NO Xplode is basically just caffeine with very little else going for it. It also pretty much never fails that I have to stop 20 min into my workout and take a dump when I used to take it. And even worse since the energy comes mainly from caffeine it has a tendency to make me crash before I am even done working out. If you want a good pre workout supplement I would suggest either Muscle Spike or Jack3d. Both are better value and more effective.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Ok Focus
      • Ok Pumps
      • Price
      • Makes Me Poop 30 Minutes After Drinking It