Nitrix

By: BSN

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

7.1
10 9

Ranks #38 of 47 (better than 20%) in
Pre-Workout > Pump

Nitrix is a Pump Product manufactured by BSN. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

shooz
  March 14, 2011

I used Nitrix (3x3 pills a day) for about 2 weeks, then took 6 days off (while on vacation and doing a lot of freediving), then went back on and have been using it for about 5 weeks.

My training is Muay Thai with some weights and swimming. I'm in very good shape and have low body fat (4-8%). I'm not a weightlifter or body builder and for my sports don't chase muscle size or mass.

The first time I took it, I noticed a tingling feeling. Within the first few weeks of use I felt like my recovery time between workouts was faster, and I was able to maintain max power longer (full power strikes even after several rounds). I was also adding some weights to my routine and I put on a few pounds of muscle.

I didn't notice much increase in vascularity but for my sport I could care less. I have used creatine monohyrdate in the past but I hated that while it did seem to help me get stronger, I also gained water weight which made me feel slow and clumsy in the ring. Nitrix has creatine ethyl ester, which I'd never used before but am liking since I don't seem to have the water retention or bloating that creatine monohyrdate caused.

After a couple weeks, I took some time off since I was doing some freediving on vacation and I didn't know how my body would respond to diving with that supplement.

After vacation I started back on the training and have been using it for about 5 weeks now (4 pills 3xday), and feel like it DEFINITELY helps cut recovery time in half, and also after a hard workout I definitely have better mental focus and am not walking around like a zombie. Also seems to help with maintaining high intensity training in the gym, but this is always difficult to judge.

Again, I didn't notice any increase in vascularity and I honestly don't even know what a 'pump' is but I'm not a body builder. Although I did put on some muscle from weightlifting, it wasn't anymore than I've put on in the past when training the same way. So, I don't feel like it made me 'bigger' but again, for my sport I usually want to get stronger without getting 'bigger.'

It gets to be a pain to eat so many pills throughout the day, and they really do seem to work best if you take them on an empty stomach, and then eat a meal 30 minutes to an hour later.

I'd recommend this product to someone who may feel like they've plateaued in their workout or is adding another component (like weights on top of ring sports/cardio), and I think it's great for MMA/ring-sports/gymnastics since it doesn't bloat you out and helps you recover faster. I also like that it doesn't have any stimulants in it so I'm not jittery or twitchy in the ring. You can order it online for MUCH cheaper than GNC or retail.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Faster Recovery
  • Stamina
  • Increased Strength
  • No Water Weight
  • Can Be Expensive
  • Obnoxious Dosing Schedule

radoxx
  March 10, 2013

At the time i was looking for a way to increase my vasculatiry and overall blood volume and found Nitrix to be a fitting yet pricy product so i gave it a try.

---PRICE---
I bought Nitrix online half a year ago in Austria. It comes at ~70$ for 360 pills which i find pretty expensive.

---COMPARISON---
To date i haven't used a similar product so i can't compare it to anything else on the market.

----USAGE---
I have taken this product exactly after the manufacturers recommendation. 3 pills in the morning, 3 pills half an hour before lunch and 3 pills about 4h later before workout, everytime on an (mostly) empty stomach and also i increased my water-intake slightly to about 4,5l (~150fl oz) / day. The full cycle lasted ecactly 40 days without interruption.
I took Nitrix along with: BSN Cellmass, BSN NO-Xplode 2.0 and BSN Amino-X and a well balanced diet.

---Effectiveness---
The first week i had problems with circulation and low blood pressure but that got better pretty quick. I noticed increased pump and vascularity increased visibly. After 3 weeks of continuous intake my veins were as big as they can probably get and i felt less dizzy after a very hard set. Also i experienced incredible pump and better recovery.

---AFTERMATH---
After the 40 day cycle my veins got noticably smaller and about 2 weeks after vascularity got back to normal.

---SIDE EFFECTS---
Low blood pressure in the first week. Remember to drink A LOT. Besides that none.

---POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS---
The pills are pretty sharp-edged and therefore i find them hard to swallow. Maybe there's some way they could change the shape..

---CONCLUSION---
If you're looking for a way to increase vascularity, recovery and pump temporarily then there you go. The effect on the other hand won't last and the product is pretty expensive, at least here in Austria/Europe.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Vascularity
  • Faster Recovery
  • Increased Blood Volume
  • Temporary Low Blood Pressure

• radoxx
    March 10, 2013

Update:

From what i read in other reviews of Nitrix i found that Nitrix is probably one of the most misunderstood supps out there.
    For short: It is NOT made for rapid and short-lasting vasodilating effects as you would expect from L-Arginine (AAKG, AEEM). Nitrix breaks down pretty slow in your stomache and releases an even dose of L-Arginine on a sustained basis, hence the name "a.m. to p.m. vaso-muscular volumizer".
gobey
  February 5, 2011

So Nitrix claims to do a lot of different things that it Ultimately falls flat on.

The two claims that it does deliver on are improved vascularity and recovery. While using Nitrix I immediately noticed a drastic improvement in my workout recovery rate. And as well within a week of using it I noticed veins developing and showing more and more on my forearms and biceps.

But that's about where the good things end with Nitrix. I did not get any massive pumps at the gym, and they certainly didn't last all day like Nitrix claims.

My energy or focus at the gym did not increase.

My strength was increasing at a very slow rate and that could be attributed to the fact that I was working out often and intensely anyways.

My muscles did not begin to swell up in or outside the gym.

The pills are the size of horse vitamins and you have to take 9 a day and you have to try and take them on an empty stomach. all of which is a hassle.

And to boot upon taking Nitrix my chest acne began to re appear even though I was adequately hydrating myself.

I would not recommend Nitrix to anybody. There are plenty of better, cheaper, and more functional NO supplements on the market.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vascularity
  • Faster Recovery
  • Didnt Feel To Much Of A Pump
  • Too Many Pills In One Day
  • Pills Are Huge
  • Chest Pimples

• hemiboy9
    Rep: -8
    February 5, 2011

If you were eating or taking a protein shake before you took these that's why you didn't see any results in strength gains.
  • Healthcare
    Rep: 0
    December 7, 2014

This was pretty much my experience and thoughts as well. I felt I would be better off buying my own Arginine and it would be more cost effective.
Lorenzitto
Rep: -4
  March 25, 2015

My first ever NO supplement, provided good pumps and no acne, but made me sneeze a lot sometimes, I'd forgot to take the pills divided in 3 pills 3 times a day, in a time I took 6 pills togheter.
I will not buy again, till it fall price.
Reccomended for beginners, not too stingy bodybuilders.
Looking for more muscle pumps and vascularity? You could get all that from BSN Nitrix. This supplement specializes in improving your performance and helping you build huge muscles.
Information About BSN Nitrix

BSN Nitrix was designed to be the ultimate supplement for people who need a boost in their workout performance. BSN Nitrix oxide is supposed to increase how fast your muscles can grow. It gives you more muscular strength and endurance so you can pump iron for longer. It should also help your muscles rebuild and repair faster, and improve your cardiovascular performance.

The key to BSN Nitrix’s success is the inclusion of ingredients that increase Nitric Oxide production. This has a serious impact on vascularity, pumps, and muscle mass. Any athlete, body builder, or gym rat can appreciate the awesome results that come from using a Nitric Oxide supplement.
How does BSN Nitrix work?

The Triple Action Nitric Oxide Matrix or ACE3 contains L-Arginine AKG, L-Arginine Ethyl Ester, and L-Citrulline. Each one of these ingredients is supposed to maximize the amount of oxygen and nutrient-rich blood flow to your muscles. This significantly increases how big your muscles can grow, how fast they can grow, and how quickly they repair.

The Controlled Release Technology & Support System or CRTS2 contains only Hydroxypropyl methocellulse. Its purpose is to help the ingredients in BSN Nitrix release gradually and consistently. This enhances their effects; helps the effects last longer; and enhances your body’s absorption.

The Advanced Volumizing & Performance Technology or AVPT has four different types of creatine. Creatine is already found in your muscles. Supplementing your body with more creatine can have a positive impact on muscle size and growth.
The Facts About BSN Nitrix

The ingredients in BSN Nitrix come in proprietary blends. This blend doesn’t specify how much of each ingredient is being used. Some of the blends in BSN Nitrix don’t have a total amount listed at all.

The ACE3 proprietary blend comes in 3 grams. It is likely that an effective dose of at least one of the ingredients is being used. The CRTS2 proprietary blend contains 1.5 grams of its ingredient. Because there is only one, this should be an effective amount.

You have the option of purchasing 180 or 360 tablets of BSN Nitrix. A price for a container of 160 tablets is anywhere from $34.99 to $59.99. A container of 360 costs $44.07 to $89.95. Most retailers do not offer a money-back guarantee; including the main retailer.

BSN Nitrix is considered to be mostly safe. It should definitely not be used by people who have a medical condition or who are taking certain medications. There is a possibility that BSN Nitrix could cause side effects like sleeplessness, dizziness, or headaches.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Focus; No Acne (on Me)
  • 60 € For 180 Tablets Its Too Much!
Mooredb
  January 12, 2013

Now I know why you have to take 9 pills a day! They don't dissolve all the way. I dropped one in warm vinegar and swished it around for 45 minutes and 3/4 or more of the pill was still there! I let it set all day while I went to work and came back home that night and 1/8 or a little more of the pill was still there! Pills should dissolve within 20 to 30 minutes. I tried to dissolve it in water at first but read on the web that you should use vinegar to test since that somewhat ressebmles how your stomach will break down the pill. You can tell these are poorly made and bad quality because of all the glue that comes off the pill. It's really slimmy compared to other pills. Also i took a vitamin and tested it, it broke down in 20 minutes!

You're paying and having to take extra pills because of they are cheaply made in mass quantities in china for a penny without any quality control. Then you are suppose to take these on an empty stomach? Well how do you take this on an empty stomach if the other 3 pills are still floating around in your gut!

I am going to look for another product such as liquid or capsule. Those absorb into your body better and quicker. Also when pills are made they lose some of the strength because of how they process them. I'm surprised they don't have it in a liquid form or capsule.
  • Didnt Feel To Much Of A Pump

• gottalift78
    Rep: -3
    January 12, 2013

BSN was purchased by Glanbia Nutrition - the company that owns ON. Their pills are manufactured in Florida, not China.

I agree tho, taking 6-9 pills a day is a bit much for the price. I did notice some good pumps with this stuff but I took it about 1.5 hours before my work out and I also bit the tabs in half so they dissolved faster.
  • radoxx
    January 12, 2013

BSN Nitrix Pills are made to last. The pills dissolve slowly so that L-Arginine is delivered evenly throuout the day. You don't want a quick absorption of L-Arginine for a lasting Effect.
Bivx361
  July 27, 2011

Sorry for my short review.

Im currently on my fourth bottle(I take 9 pills a day)
Taste: The taste kinda taste like eating chalk, but im not counting it in the overall

Effectiveness: I have tookin about 3 bottles(180 count). For best results you have to use it for awhile.It actually made me alot more vascular. I mean I saw veins on my biceps and spoilers like never before. The pumps were alright. It was just like taking some arginine. It gave me slightly more energy, nothing much though. Also I noticed my muscles feeling more full. The bad is I actually fet more sore.

Value: For value I face it a ten because I get a bottle for free from a friend every month, but it could be really be expensive.

Overal: I would only recommend it if you only have extra money and don't mind spending it.
  • Harder/fuller Muscles
  • Can Be Expensive
  • Worst Recovery

I got 1 bottle a week ago than got another today 7/27/2011
  • BrooklynBuff

LOL,stop chumping your buddies
    July 27, 2011

He gets them for free so eh. Im his gym partner and in most of my classes
    July 27, 2011

And he doesn't like taking the large pills. He gives me some because he won't be able to finish it all.
    July 27, 2011

Another thing. When I buy pre workouts I giv him about half of the tubs(jack3d,black powder,ect.)
  • Virtus
    July 28, 2011

Bro,

You have to tell me, what the hell is that a picture of on your avatar....
    July 28, 2011

Would you believe me if I said it was a rabbit?
kanderson30
  February 27, 2011

One of the best nitric oxide product I have used. Within 1 hour after taking it my arms would be a road map. Veins stuck out that I did not even know that I had. I had some pretty decent strength gains as well. Front squat went from 275 to 300 within the month I was using it. My endurance increased as well. Each week my HIIT as well as my once or twice a week steady pace run felt less demanding the week prior. My recovery was great to. This could also of been from the high dose BCAA and glutamine I was using also.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Vascularity
  • Good For Pumps
  • Faster Recovery
  • Stamina
  • Increased Strength
  • Too Many Pills In One Day

• captainkb
    February 27, 2011

If you were taking glutamine then you might have messed with some of the effects because your not supposed to take more than 10 grams of glutamine with nitrix
  • kanderson30
    February 27, 2011

Nope it still worked great even in the addition of glutamine. I know I was not suppose to. I kept my glutamine supplementation to 5g
chichistrong

September 19, 2010

I used this product when I was 18, and I personaly thought it was alright. It is too expensive, you have to take so many pills on an empty stomach, yuck lol. The pills are HUGE almost like a suppository haha. Now this is not the reason I think the supplements its alright, but it does affect in my overall view of the supplement.
I did notice that I was having fuller muscles when I was working out, good pumps (not great), I was recovering quick from my workouts, I noticed it specially when I did legs, I would always be sore for like 4 days after legs, but with Nitrix it was a lot more bareable and shorter sore periods. However, after I used I decided not to buy it again, because it is too expensive and for that price I rather buy a msucle building supp. or some protein. When I was young I was the tipical kid that bought muscle mags, just to be fed the B.S. of the adevertising of different products. I am not going to to tell you I feel hard and bad on this one, cuz it is not that bad, but is not great either.
Everybody sees different results, at least for me the results are not worth the price.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Faster Recovery
  • 60 € For 180 Tablets Its Too Much!
deumcole

September 2, 2009

Bought the 120 count bottle in July and it lasted me into August. Didn't really notice anything save for some vascularity, and I did look alittle more muscular for awhile. Took it with other BSN supps like some of the other reviews mentioned, but nothing big for me. I didn't notice the pumps to much, seeming as I never do. When I hit the gym I just go go go, so pumps usually go unoticed. I couldn't take the four pills I was supposed to (over 200lbs) since four gave me a nagging headache. Probably the reason I didn't notice anything. Price was just to steep though, had to birthday list the thing. If you can afford it and cant handle the proper dosage, it probably a good supp, just nothing great for me.

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.