Nitrix

By: BSN

Nitrix is a Pump Product manufactured by BSN. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

What should I take with Nitrix?
shooz
  March 14, 2011

I used Nitrix (3x3 pills a day) for about 2 weeks, then took 6 days off (while on vacation and doing a lot of freediving), then went back on and have been using it for about 5 weeks.

My training is Muay Thai with some weights and swimming. I'm in very good shape and have low body fat (4-8%). I'm not a weightlifter or body builder and for my sports don't chase muscle size or mass.

The first time I took it, I noticed a tingling feeling. Within the first few weeks of use I felt like my recovery time between workouts was faster, and I was able to maintain max power longer (full power strikes even after several rounds). I was also adding some weights to my routine and I put on a few pounds of muscle.

I didn't notice much increase in vascularity but for my sport I could care less. I have used creatine monohyrdate in the past but I hated that while it did seem to help me get stronger, I also gained water weight which made me feel slow and clumsy in the ring. Nitrix has creatine ethyl ester, which I'd never used before but am liking since I don't seem to have the water retention or bloating that creatine monohyrdate caused.

After a couple weeks, I took some time off since I was doing some freediving on vacation and I didn't know how my body would respond to diving with that supplement.

After vacation I started back on the training and have been using it for about 5 weeks now (4 pills 3xday), and feel like it DEFINITELY helps cut recovery time in half, and also after a hard workout I definitely have better mental focus and am not walking around like a zombie. Also seems to help with maintaining high intensity training in the gym, but this is always difficult to judge.

Again, I didn't notice any increase in vascularity and I honestly don't even know what a 'pump' is but I'm not a body builder. Although I did put on some muscle from weightlifting, it wasn't anymore than I've put on in the past when training the same way. So, I don't feel like it made me 'bigger' but again, for my sport I usually want to get stronger without getting 'bigger.'

It gets to be a pain to eat so many pills throughout the day, and they really do seem to work best if you take them on an empty stomach, and then eat a meal 30 minutes to an hour later.

I'd recommend this product to someone who may feel like they've plateaued in their workout or is adding another component (like weights on top of ring sports/cardio), and I think it's great for MMA/ring-sports/gymnastics since it doesn't bloat you out and helps you recover faster. I also like that it doesn't have any stimulants in it so I'm not jittery or twitchy in the ring. You can order it online for MUCH cheaper than GNC or retail.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Faster Recovery
  • Stamina
  • Increased Strength
  • No Water Weight
  • Can Be Expensive
  • Obnoxious Dosing Schedule

At the time i was looking for a way to increase my vasculatiry and overall blood volume and found Nitrix to be a fitting yet pricy product so i gave it a try.

---PRICE---
I bought Nitrix online half a year ago in Austria. It comes at ~70$ for 360 pills which i find pretty expensive.

---COMPARISON---
To date i haven't used a similar product so i can't compare it to anything else on the market.

----USAGE---

---PRICE---

---COMPARISON---

----USAGE---
I have taken this product exactly after the manufacturers recommendation. 3 pills in the morning, 3 pills half an hour before lunch and 3 pills about 4h later before workout, everytime on an (mostly) empty stomach and also i increased my water-intake slightly to about 4,5l (~150fl oz) / day. The full cycle lasted ecactly 40 days without interruption.
I took Nitrix along with: BSN Cellmass, BSN NO-Xplode 2.0 and BSN Amino-X and a well balanced diet.

---Effectiveness---
The first week i had problems with circulation and low blood pressure but that got better pretty quick. I noticed increased pump and vascularity increased visibly. After 3 weeks of continuous intake my veins were as big as they can probably get and i felt less dizzy after a very hard set. Also i experienced incredible pump and better recovery.

---AFTERMATH---
After the 40 day cycle my veins got noticably smaller and about 2 weeks after vascularity got back to normal.

---SIDE EFFECTS---
Low blood pressure in the first week. Remember to drink A LOT. Besides that none.

---POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS---
The pills are pretty sharp-edged and therefore i find them hard to swallow. Maybe there's some way they could change the shape..

---CONCLUSION---
If you're looking for a way to increase vascularity, recovery and pump temporarily then there you go. The effect on the other hand won't last and the product is pretty expensive, at least here in Austria/Europe.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Vascularity
  • Faster Recovery
  • Increased Blood Volume
  • Temporary Low Blood Pressure

• radoxx
    March 10, 2013

Update:

From what i read in other reviews of Nitrix i found that Nitrix is probably one of the most misunderstood supps out there.
    For short: It is NOT made for rapid and short-lasting vasodilating effects as you would expect from L-Arginine (AAKG, AEEM). Nitrix breaks down pretty slow in your stomache and releases an even dose of L-Arginine on a sustained basis, hence the name "a.m. to p.m. vaso-muscular volumizer".

Now I know why you have to take 9 pills a day! They don't dissolve all the way. I dropped one in warm vinegar and swished it around for 45 minutes and 3/4 or more of the pill was still there! I let it set all day while I went to work and came back home that night and 1/8 or a little more of the pill was still there! Pills should dissolve within 20 to 30 minutes. I tried to dissolve it in water at first but read on the web that you should use vinegar to test since that somewhat ressebmles how your stomach will break down the pill. You can tell these are poorly made and bad quality because of all the glue that comes off the pill. It's really slimmy compared to other pills. Also i took a vitamin and tested it, it broke down in 20 minutes!

You're paying and having to take extra pills because of they are cheaply made in mass quantities in china for a penny without any quality control. Then you are suppose to take these on an empty stomach? Well how do you take this on an empty stomach if the other 3 pills are still floating around in your gut!

I am going to look for another product such as liquid or capsule. Those absorb into your body better and quicker. Also when pills are made they lose some of the strength because of how they process them. I'm surprised they don't have it in a liquid form or capsule.
  • Didnt Feel To Much Of A Pump

• gottalift78
    Rep: -3
    January 12, 2013

BSN was purchased by Glanbia Nutrition - the company that owns ON. Their pills are manufactured in Florida, not China.

I agree tho, taking 6-9 pills a day is a bit much for the price. I did notice some good pumps with this stuff but I took it about 1.5 hours before my work out and I also bit the tabs in half so they dissolved faster.
  • radoxx
    January 12, 2013

BSN Nitrix Pills are made to last. The pills dissolve slowly so that L-Arginine is delivered evenly throuout the day. You don't want a quick absorption of L-Arginine for a lasting Effect.

One of the best nitric oxide product I have used. Within 1 hour after taking it my arms would be a road map. Veins stuck out that I did not even know that I had. I had some pretty decent strength gains as well. Front squat went from 275 to 300 within the month I was using it. My endurance increased as well. Each week my HIIT as well as my once or twice a week steady pace run felt less demanding the week prior. My recovery was great to. This could also of been from the high dose BCAA and glutamine I was using also.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Vascularity
  • Good For Pumps
  • Faster Recovery
  • Stamina
  • Increased Strength
  • Too Many Pills In One Day

• captainkb
    February 27, 2011

If you were taking glutamine then you might have messed with some of the effects because your not supposed to take more than 10 grams of glutamine with nitrix
  • kanderson30
    February 27, 2011

Nope it still worked great even in the addition of glutamine. I know I was not suppose to. I kept my glutamine supplementation to 5g
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.