Nitrix

By: BSN

I used Nitrix (3x3 pills a day) for about 2 weeks, then took 6 days off (while on vacation and doing a lot of freediving), then went back on and have been using it for about 5 weeks.

My training is Muay Thai with some weights and swimming. I'm in very good shape and have low body fat (4-8%). I'm not a weightlifter or body builder and for my sports don't chase muscle size or mass.

The first time I took it, I noticed a tingling feeling. Within the first few weeks of use I felt like my recovery time between workouts was faster, and I was able to maintain max power longer (full power strikes even after several rounds). I was also adding some weights to my routine and I put on a few pounds of muscle.

I didn't notice much increase in vascularity but for my sport I could care less. I have used creatine monohyrdate in the past but I hated that while it did seem to help me get stronger, I also gained water weight which made me feel slow and clumsy in the ring. Nitrix has creatine ethyl ester, which I'd never used before but am liking since I don't seem to have the water retention or bloating that creatine monohyrdate caused.

After a couple weeks, I took some time off since I was doing some freediving on vacation and I didn't know how my body would respond to diving with that supplement.

After vacation I started back on the training and have been using it for about 5 weeks now (4 pills 3xday), and feel like it DEFINITELY helps cut recovery time in half, and also after a hard workout I definitely have better mental focus and am not walking around like a zombie. Also seems to help with maintaining high intensity training in the gym, but this is always difficult to judge.

Again, I didn't notice any increase in vascularity and I honestly don't even know what a 'pump' is but I'm not a body builder. Although I did put on some muscle from weightlifting, it wasn't anymore than I've put on in the past when training the same way. So, I don't feel like it made me 'bigger' but again, for my sport I usually want to get stronger without getting 'bigger.'

It gets to be a pain to eat so many pills throughout the day, and they really do seem to work best if you take them on an empty stomach, and then eat a meal 30 minutes to an hour later.

I'd recommend this product to someone who may feel like they've plateaued in their workout or is adding another component (like weights on top of ring sports/cardio), and I think it's great for MMA/ring-sports/gymnastics since it doesn't bloat you out and helps you recover faster. I also like that it doesn't have any stimulants in it so I'm not jittery or twitchy in the ring. You can order it online for MUCH cheaper than GNC or retail.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Water Weight
  • Faster Recovery
  • Stamina
  • Increased Strength

One of the best nitric oxide product I have used. Within 1 hour after taking it my arms would be a road map. Veins stuck out that I did not even know that I had. I had some pretty decent strength gains as well. Front squat went from 275 to 300 within the month I was using it. My endurance increased as well. Each week my HIIT as well as my once or twice a week steady pace run felt less demanding the week prior. My recovery was great to. This could also of been from the high dose BCAA and glutamine I was using also.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Pumps
    • Vascularity
    • Good For Pumps
    • Faster Recovery
    • Stamina
    • Increased Strength

• captainkb
        February 27, 2011

If you were taking glutamine then you might have messed with some of the effects because your not supposed to take more than 10 grams of glutamine with nitrix
      • kanderson30
        February 27, 2011

Nope it still worked great even in the addition of glutamine. I know I was not suppose to. I kept my glutamine supplementation to 5g

Now I know why you have to take 9 pills a day! They don't dissolve all the way. I dropped one in warm vinegar and swished it around for 45 minutes and 3/4 or more of the pill was still there! I let it set all day while I went to work and came back home that night and 1/8 or a little more of the pill was still there! Pills should dissolve within 20 to 30 minutes. I tried to dissolve it in water at first but read on the web that you should use vinegar to test since that somewhat ressebmles how your stomach will break down the pill. You can tell these are poorly made and bad quality because of all the glue that comes off the pill. It's really slimmy compared to other pills. Also i took a vitamin and tested it, it broke down in 20 minutes!

You're paying and having to take extra pills because of they are cheaply made in mass quantities in china for a penny without any quality control. Then you are suppose to take these on an empty stomach? Well how do you take this on an empty stomach if the other 3 pills are still floating around in your gut!

I am going to look for another product such as liquid or capsule. Those absorb into your body better and quicker. Also when pills are made they lose some of the strength because of how they process them. I'm surprised they don't have it in a liquid form or capsule.

• gottalift78
        (-1)
        January 12, 2013

BSN was purchased by Glanbia Nutrition - the company that owns ON. Their pills are manufactured in Florida, not China.

I agree tho, taking 6-9 pills a day is a bit much for the price. I did notice some good pumps with this stuff but I took it about 1.5 hours before my work out and I also bit the tabs in half so they dissolved faster.
      • radoxx
        (0)
        January 12, 2013

BSN Nitrix Pills are made to last. The pills dissolve slowly so that L-Arginine is delivered evenly throuout the day. You don't want a quick absorption of L-Arginine for a lasting Effect.

I wanted to increase my vascularity and pumps, so i researched this product and i decided to give it a try. It not only did the job but it helped me with reducing recovery time. What makes these pills is nitric oxide which is important when lifting weights because it helps with faster blood flow and faster recovery time. I really like this product because when i was lifting i had huge veins popping out and that made me feel that Nitrix is really working for me.

The only downsides that i had with Nitrix is the pills were big but after a while i got used to them so i didn't really care about that and Nitrix made my pee very yellow but i just reduced the amount of pills i took for my schedule.

I recommend this product for the people who want better vascularity, better pumps and faster recovery time and in the future i'm definitely buying this again.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Pumps
      • Vascularity
      • Faster Recovery
      • No Water Weight

Sorry for my short review.

Im currently on my fourth bottle(I take 9 pills a day)
        Taste: The taste kinda taste like eating chalk, but im not counting it in the overall

Sorry for my short review.

Im currently on my fourth bottle(I take 9 pills a day)

Effectiveness: I have tookin about 3 bottles(180 count). For best results you have to use it for awhile.It actually made me alot more vascular. I mean I saw veins on my biceps and spoilers like never before. The pumps were alright. It was just like taking some arginine. It gave me slightly more energy, nothing much though. Also I noticed my muscles feeling more full. The bad is I actually fet more sore.

Value: For value I face it a ten because I get a bottle for free from a friend every month, but it could be really be expensive.

Overal: I would only recommend it if you only have extra money and don't mind spending it.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Harder/fuller Muscles

I got 1 bottle a week ago than got another today 7/27/2011
          • BrooklynBuff

LOL,stop chumping your buddies
            July 27, 2011

He gets them for free so eh. Im his gym partner and in most of my classes
            July 27, 2011

And he doesn't like taking the large pills. He gives me some because he won't be able to finish it all.
            July 27, 2011

Another thing. When I buy pre workouts I giv him about half of the tubs(jack3d,black powder,ect.)
          • Virtus
            July 28, 2011

Bro,

You have to tell me, what the hell is that a picture of on your avatar....
            July 28, 2011

Would you believe me if I said it was a rabbit?

So Nitrix claims to do a lot of different things that it Ultimately falls flat on.

The two claims that it does deliver on are improved vascularity and recovery. While using Nitrix I immediately noticed a drastic improvement in my workout recovery rate. And as well within a week of using it I noticed veins developing and showing more and more on my forearms and biceps.

But that's about where the good things end with Nitrix. I did not get any massive pumps at the gym, and they certainly didn't last all day like Nitrix claims.

My energy or focus at the gym did not increase.

My strength was increasing at a very slow rate and that could be attributed to the fact that I was working out often and intensely anyways.

My muscles did not begin to swell up in or outside the gym.

The pills are the size of horse vitamins and you have to take 9 a day and you have to try and take them on an empty stomach. all of which is a hassle.

And to boot upon taking Nitrix my chest acne began to re appear even though I was adequately hydrating myself.

I would not recommend Nitrix to anybody. There are plenty of better, cheaper, and more functional NO supplements on the market.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Vascularity
          • Faster Recovery

• hemiboy9
              February 5, 2011

If you were eating or taking a protein shake before you took these that's why you didn't see any results in strength gains.

First off, I noticed no gains while or after taking this product. I didn't get stronger or bigger. On top of it, this product is quite expensive for doing absolutley nothing. Don't waste your money and invest in a better product.
            • Didnt Feel To Much Of A Pump

Great product if you have the money to spend.
            Great long lasting " Full " feeling, helps with my endurance, hardness an vascularity lasts about 28 days.

They're better products out there with less pills.
            Works in my opinion, just expensive an a pain in the *** to take 3 times a day.
            Also note those sensitive to arginine should be wary, it may cause a laxative effect.
            Great product if you have the money to spend.

They're better products out there with less pills.
            Works in my opinion, just expensive an a pain in the *** to take 3 times a day.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Good Focus; No Acne (on Me)
            • No Water Weight
            • Increased Strength
            • Stamina
            • Faster Recovery
            • Good For Pumps
            • Pumps

I stacked Nitrix with NO-Xplode and i followed the guidelines for the dosage. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Pumps and vascularity were ok but i felt better when i took NO-Xplode alone and it made me go to the toilet almost every hour! I'm not sensitive to stimulants or anything, but it made my stomach a bit upset. The side effects went away when i stopped taking Nitrix. Also, i think it's a bit expensive.
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • Made Me Go To The Toilet A Lot
              • 60 € For 180 Tablets Its Too Much!
              • Didnt Feel To Much Of A Pump

This stuff gives you an excellent pump and a lot of energy. The biggest downside to it is the dosing it gets annoying take 3 pills at 3 different times a day and trying to calculate when to eat because taking these with food in you will mess it up! The pumps you get from this is ridiculous! Price is a little bit high but with supplements its just the same as a car you want better quality you have to pay for it. If there is a store called drug emporium near you go there I bought 180 tabs for 46 dollars there instead of 60 at GNC.
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • Stamina
              • Faster Recovery
              • Good For Pumps
              • Vascularity
              • Pumps
              • Awsome
              • Good Focus; No Acne (on Me)
              • Increased Strength
                Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.