Home > Categories > Weight Loss > Thermogenics > BSN > Hyper Shred > Reviews

Hyper Shred

By BSN
Hyper Shred BSN
7.4/10
(Weighted average based on 3 Reviews)

Ranks #48 of 81 (better than 41%)
in Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Overall I would suggest it only on an energy basis

I do love BSN, i do crave syntha 6 peanut butter chocolate flavor... even now.. wanting it after my 1st show but thats a whole other story...
HyperShed...hype? yes, the best of results not really. I have used this for the beginning phase of my prep.

PRODUCT PROFILE

Vitamin B12 (As Cyanocobalamin) 4mcg 67%
Chromium 15mcg 13%
HYPER SHREDâ„¢ Proprietary Blend 460mg
Thermodynamic Interfusion* **
Caffeine Anhydrous, Bitter Orange Extract (Citrus Aurantium) (30% Synephrine) (Advantra Z®), Red Pepper (Fruit) (2% Capsaicinoids) (Capsimax®), Black Pepper (Fruit) (95% Piperine) (Bioperine®)
Nootropic Stimulators* **
Bacopa (Whole Plant) (20% Bacosides A&B), DL-Phenylalanine, Niacin, Toothed Club Moss (Aerial Parts) (1% Huperzine A), Pyridoxine HCL, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Cyanocobalamin
Insulino-Composite* **
Banaba Leaf (18% Colosolic Acid) (GlucoHelpâ„¢), Chromium Chloride

Not really gonna comment too much or give a rating about this as some of the ingredients are unknown to me, but i like their Thermodynamic Interfusion, since the listed ingriedients are proven to burn fat
but yet again its a prop blend, and it doesnt contain green tea extract or even l-carnitine, something i think every hardcore fatburner needs to contain!

Directions: As a dietary supplement, begin by consuming 1 capsule of HYPER SHREDâ„¢ on an empty stomach 30-45 minutes before your first meal or protein shake. Wait approximately 4-5 hours, and if suitable,
consume a second capsule and assess your tolerance again. Do not consume more than 2 capsules simultaneously or 3 capsules daily.

USAGE:
2 caps preworkout in the morning and 1 cap again in the afternoon before I hit cardio.

EFFECTIVENESS(7)

*Breaking effectiveness into 3 categories.
-Fatloss
-energy
-focus/feel good factor

-FATLOSS(7)
I havent used a fatburner in a while so yes ofcourse it takes time for tolerance to build up. The first time i took it i felt like i was gonna have a heart attack, and ofcourse i was sweating like a pig,
something which i do prefer, the more you sweat the more you burn...I wasnt blown away with the fatloss, i dropped 5 kgs in about 4 weeks, which is pretty much very average considering how much i cleaned up my diet and intensified my training. But it was FATLOSS, not lean muscle-mass, i still felt the same as before no smaller, which usually happens when you try 'hardcore' fatburners, you end up burning some muscle and fat. The fatloss was all over, not one specific area which i prefer. But with a hyped up product i expected hyped up results, but yet I still think it fall short to OEP and Hydroxycut elite and even SAN Tight!

-ENERGY(8)
Here's where it really worked, I had more energy before each workout, and even though i trained intensely i still feel i had a bit more gas in the tank and that did help me whilst weight training and even afternoon
cardio sessions. And another thing i noticed was NO crash whatsoever, which tends to happen to the overly stimmed fatburners. But an 8/10 is real good!

-FOCUS/FEEL GOOD FACTOR(5)
I was let down a whole lot over here, as i remembered Atrophex... Atrophex didnt give me the best of results(due to poor dieting and not intense enough training) but my word did it make me feel good!!! I was lierally feeling good all day, something i didnt feel when using hypershed. It is disappointing, especially when dieting, i want to feel GOOOOD but i felt the same and when the pain of dieting got intense my mood would dip but hypershed didnt save me from that dip.

VALUE(7)

-Well since I bought this product for around $35 on BB.com for a months supply. Its not the cheapest but its not the most expensive, but since Hypershed was kinda effective, especially in the energy department
it is pretty affordable. You can get better products out there but I liked the increased energy and the bit of fatloss I got so its brought me to the decision of giving it a 7, since its not too pricey and it did work to an extent, and hey it lasted a month, no crazy increased capsule dosages.

OVERALL(7)

-Overall I would suggest it only on an energy basis, as a fatburner its good, but its far from the best. I am a BSN fan at heart and if they nailed the "feel good factor" and added a few more fatburning ingredients It would've done alot better as an overall fatburner. But as always dont believe the hype lols.

Fridge

Pros:
Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Lasts A Month
  • Not Effective Enough
  • Prop Blend

WarMachine

Posted March 31, 2013
What are doing writing reviews, get back to your training!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Sweet review Fridge man!!!!

Posted March 31, 2013
LOLOLOL Damn WAR you catching me out, a day of rest on Sunday well not really, posing 101 :/

Thanks my man!

Its priced alright but I wouldnt have got it unless it was buy one get one

I bought this on the BOGO on bodybuilding.com as well, I have tried OEP and others in the past to compare this too.

taste 10

taste 10
I have found this to be the best product I have tried as far nasty burps go. I only get them with a completely empty stomach at 6am but thats it. OEP gave me bad tasting burps all day.

Effectiveness 6
The ingredient stack is quite interesting but I dont think I have seen quite the same results as other products in the past

Value 7
Its priced alright but I wouldnt have got it unless it was buy one get one

Energy 8
I think it excels in this area with 180mgs of caffine as well as other ingredients I think it does its job, I think its unhealthy to be looking for a huge buzz every time you take a pill, but you can definatly feel it if you take 2 at once.

Overall 8
Look for this product on sale, it does its job satisfactorily and provides energy and thermo without bad taste or burps which is a huge plus. But its definatly not the top product in its category.

Pros:
Cons:
  • No Burps
  • Good Thermogenic
  • Requires 2 Pill/serving

I like this product so far but to be honest, without this BOGO deal

I received a free sample of this product from a GNC containing 10 pills. Since then I have bought two bottles. It's no OEP, but its an interesting fat burner nonetheless.

Taste: Pills, N/A

Taste: Pills, N/A

Value: I actually just used the bb.com deal to buy 1 get one free, which is an awesome deal at ~20$ a pop for 90 pills. Very affordable per serving even if using 2 pills per serving.

Effectiveness: I will break this down into 2 sub-categories;
Energy: A good amount of energy from 1 pill, but not overkill. If you take 2, its gets your heart racing enough to know your on something.
Thermo: I love this as a thermo, it makes me sweat a lot more at the gym and even on the way to the gym i notice I'm sweating little beads.

Results: I am on sort of a recomp but excluding most cardio. I have dropped from 182 to 178 through 1 bottle, not adjusting my diet at all. Not amazing, but if I added cardio in I'd be amplifying my results I'm sure.

Overall: I like this product so far but to be honest, without this BOGO deal I just got I probably wouldn't buy it over the remaining stock of OEP. However when all the OEP is gone this wil be a nice alternative.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Thermogenic
  • Requires 2 Pill/serving