Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > BSN > Hyper FX

BSN Hyper FX

Hyper FX BSN
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (33 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 65% (Uncertain)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Reviews
6.9
USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
USP Labs Jack3d Micro Reviews
Jack3d Micro (58 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Cellucor C4 Extreme Reviews
C4 Extreme (247 Reviews)
Muscle Pharm Assault Reviews
Assault (237 Reviews)
BPI 1.M.R Reviews
1.M.R (191 Reviews)
MRI Black Powder Reviews
Black Powder (154 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

BSN Hyper FX 30 serving Watermelon $10.99

Hyper FX 2.0 confirmed to feature HydroCarn
I see BSN is going re formula their Hyper FX like they did there NO Explode 2.0 ...

60 Servings of BSN Hyper FX Preworkout Only $27.99 Free Shipping at Groupon.
Groupon.com has 60 servings (must be 2 jars?) of BSN HyperFX for only $27.99 and...

MusclePharm Shred Matrix or BSN Hyper FX? (my best available choices right now)
Wow.. must be about 6 months since I last posted in here, maybe even more. I jus...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Hyper FX is one of BSNs new supplements in their super concentrated series. It is an ultra-concentrated pre-workout energy formula, designed to give you that extra boost before your workout. You are only supposed to have to use one scoop, and it is not recommended to take two scoops within four hours of each other.

Hyper FX Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Hyper FX Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Energy (24)
    • Good Value (22)
    • Focus (20)
    • Fat Burning (17)
    • No Pump (14)
    • Ingredient Profile Leaves A Bit To Be Desired (10)
    • Bad Taste (9)
    • Not Effective (7)
    October 1, 2012

Reviews: 61

October 1, 2012
     First review as an expert reviewer! I am stoked and honored to have this opportunity. On to the review, when it comes to BSN products I tend to be on the fence. Some of their products (Syntha 6, True Mass) are quality products that I have seen good results from. Others (N.O. Xplode, Cellmass) have left a lot to be desired. I picked up Hyper FX a few months ago as I was in need of a creatine free pre workout, and was intrigued by the profile.

Doseage: One scoop 15-20 minutes before workout.

Profile(7.5/10): Hyper FX has a unique blend to it that claims to provide strength and testosterone enhancing qualities, along with fat burning qualities as well. The thing that intrigued me the most is the addition of DAA to this pre-workout, also the combination of beta alanine and betaine seems to be a great inclusion for muscle endurance. The thermogenic/fat burning qualities come primarily from the capsimax red and black pepper extracts and about 270 grams of caffeine...this profile has great potential in my eyes, the problem with all this though is you can't tell if you are getting an effective dose of anything since it's all in a proprietary blend, boo!

Energy/Thermo(9/10): In the department of energy and thermogenic qualities, Hyper FX shines through. I was definitely ready to hit the weights and felt energized after chugging this down and I also found myself sweating a lot more then usual with this stuff throughout my workouts, so I'd have to say the thermogenic aspect of this works. Not bad in terms of crashing afterwords either which is a drawback to some pre-workouts I have used in the past.

Strength(8/10): This was another good quality from Hyper FX, the strength and endurance I felt from this product was superb. I found myself able to pound out my reps on my lifts, especially the last few each set and was able to bump up the weight on some of them as well. As far as the testosterone it was hard for me to gauge, I definitely didn't feel like I would taking an actual test booster and I would say the difference from my normal levels was negligible at best.

Pump(5/10): Hyper FX delivered little to nothing for me in terms of feeling a pump. Some would argue this is an over rated aspect of a pre workout, but I like the feeling of a good pump during my workout. I felt essentially nothing over what a natural pump would feel, and looking at the profile there really aren't any pump inducing ingredients contained in it. So if pump is something important to you, you'll probably have to stack a separate pump product on top of this.

Focus(6/10): This is another aspect I found lacking in Hyper FX. There are some pre-workouts (1.M.R, Super Charge) where I would get absolute tunnel vision, this...not so much. I think the focus enhancing ingredients in this product are either underdosed or ineffective, either way it equated out to a "so-so" feeling of focus.

Taste(4/10): Yuck! I had the fruit punch flavor of this and it was absolutely brutal. Had to chug it and chase it with water everytime. Normally I don't care how a supplement tastes, but this pushed my limits of that. I wouldn't go anywhere near the blue raspberry flavor of this either, but that is a personal preference and from traumatic past experiences with N.O. Xplode e.g smurf blue vomit.

Mixture(8/10): Mixed pretty well in a shaker, I'm not a fan of BSN's pre workouts where you have to handle them with kid gloves and not shake them. So I just swirled it around in my shaker and it mixed up pretty well, only a little bit of undissolved powder that was left usually.

Value(10/10): This is easily one of the best value pre-workouts on the market. You can find it for 22-23 bucks on most online retailers and get 30 full servings from a container, equating out to only 73 cents a serving. You may want to use the money you save from this to buy a pump product though as stated before.

Overall(8/10): All in all Hyper FX was not a bad product for me. It is a good option to look at if you are in the market for a creatine free pre-workout that will still allow you to reap the strength and muscle endurance benefits of a regular pre-workout. I give this product a tentative thumbs up.
    SSGdimsmash
    SSGdimsmash

Joined: 7/2011
    Reviews: 7
    Reputation: +553
    Dude did I miss this way to go man on making the ER crew.

Reply #2:

Joined: 12/2010
    Reviews: 61
    Reputation: +1044
    Thanks boss, it just happened today actually, haha. It inspired me to stop being lazy and write some reviews.

Reply #3:
    Clipper83
    Clipper83

Joined: 1/2012
    Reviews: 79
    Reputation: +2320
    Jmlstocks and shinnd just got in yesterday, good additions since Cray and Flash left us :)

Reply #4:
    Drmamado
    Drmamado

Joined: 8/2013
    Reputation: +3
    What would you think about stacking it with a C4 extreme? I found Hyper-fx at a real bargain here and I'm still not sure if I should buy it.

Reply #5:
    Ablaman
    Ablaman

Joined: 5/2013
    Reviews: 3
    Reputation: +4
    Drmamado,
    I would be wary of that stacking due to the caffeine.
    would be fine I suppose if you halved the doses or aren't sensitive to stims.

February 5, 2014

Dutchblend

February 5, 2014
    Hyper, clean energy that delivers!

After using Noxplode 2.0, Nitrix and Cell-mass stack for 2 months I was out for something new. Then I was quite happy to see this new pre-workout around the corner. Claiming to be just as effective as his big brother No-xplode so I eagerly tried this new one out. The advisement I got claimed that Hyper would give me more energy, focus, fat burning and higher testosterone levels.
    Taste/Mix: (6.5/10)
    After choking some awful pre-workouts down like a pro… I didn’t expect this to be a pleasant trip either. I went with watermelon taste, after opening the bottle I saw no clunks and it comes with a small serving spoon. Being used to the BSN No-xplode spoon I was shocked, because that one is like 8times bigger in size.. then again so is the packing . The taste itself was alright it wasn’t good.. it isn’t bad either. But a bit to sour for my taste.
    Energy (8/10)
    With the recommend serving size for being 1 scoop, I always used between 1-2 . Hyper took me a good 15 to 30 min before I noticed any change. Sitting in the car I could clearly notice myself getting more focused. Once in the gym I felt awake and ready.
    My stamina was clearly increased because where I normally struggle on does last reps. I didn’t really needed to push myself now which resulted in an extra reps. Another thing I clearly noticed was no jitters from beta alanine( Regarding beta..I’m still not sure if I find this a good or bad thing ).
    Strength/Focuss: (8/10)
    My strength would increase because I could take a few extra kilos on the bar, the product gave me zero though! So I could go on doing multiple sets without feeling my arm locking cause of all the pump. I’ve used Hyper on days where I was in good shape and some on bad days. On both days I could feel hyper kicking in. It Gave me a lot more focus.
    Value (4/10)
    Even though this product helps improved my workout… the pricing is absolutely is what keeps me away. Hyper hardly lasted me 3 weeks. I payed around 30 euro which is the normal pricing class for most pre-workouts. There are other products on the market that give the same results but will last you longer for that price.
    Overall (7/10)
    Being a big fan of BSN products this is a nice addition to their line. Hyper gave me a good overall feeling. If you are looking for a product that gives you clean energy and no jitters Hyper fits the profile. It never gave me any crash but a fit feeling afterwards. The only flaw I see is the price for the amount you get. But if money is not an issue I would recommend trying this one out

livetoday823
    livetoday823

Joined: 2/2014
    Reviews: 10
    Reputation: +24
    Do you know if this was the old formula or the newer one that came out this year?

November 28, 2013

Reviews: 72

November 28, 2013
    Very Good Overall Pre-Workout

WarMachine here to drop some more reviews here on the great forum known as SR.com.

Today I would like to discuss my experience with BSN's pre-workout formula Hyper fx. Hyper fx was my first experience with BSN's line of energy enhancing products. It is a specially formulated pre-workout designed to enhance energy, focus, and provide thermogenic support. Based on my experience, I can vouche that it does indeed shine in all three of the areas. However, there are some areas that could use improvement as I will detail in my review.

Taste (5): I used the fruit punch for a full container and blue raspberry for a half a container before beginning my "off" period. The first thing I want to note is the unbelievable fizzing the product undergoes once the desired amount of water is added. It fizzes so much that at times I needed to gradually sip it through a straw to ensure that the effervescence of the formula wouldn't upset my stomach. A good rule of thumb, NEVER SHAKE THIS!!! As for the taste itself, the fruit punch was not the best. It was tolerable, but I felt that the blue raspberry was better. Hyper fx also comes in grape and watermelon, but I never got a chance to try those flavors so I cannot comment on them.

Ingredient Profile (9):

Again, the infamous "prop. blend" spiel costs a product a point. Nonetheless, the profile is quite sufficient;

Serving Size1Level Scoop(10.8grams)
    Sodium 280mg 12%
    Potassium 5mg <1%

HYPER-FX™ Peak Proprietary Blend 9.6g

Myogenic Endura Infusion* **
    Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn®), Betaine Anhydrous, Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Malic Acid, Taurine, Adenosine 5'Triphosphate Disodium (Peak ATP®)

Shock Force Spectrum **

D-Aspartic Acid, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium-D-Glucarate, Red Pepper (Fruit) (2% Capsaicinoids) (Capsimax™), Black Pepper (Fruit) (95% Piperine) (Bioperine®), Cholecalciferol

Neuro Power Composite* **

Choline Bitartrate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Bitter Orange Extract (Fruit) (30% Synephrine) (Advantra Z®), Niacin, Toothed Clubmoss (Aerial Parts) (1% Huperzine A), Lesser Periwinkle [(Whole Plant) (95% Vinpocetine, 98% Vincamine, 98% Vinburmine)]

As you can clearly observe, hyper fx has a broad spectrum profile of plenty of well-known ingredients designed to provide energy, focus, and thermogenic support. Some key ingredients include beta-alanine, D-aspartic acid, choline, synephrine, and black pepper extract. As I said before though, with nearly everything in a prop. blend, it is not known as to exactly how much of each ingredient you are receiving from a serving. It is worth noting that BSN does at least label the caffeine content of each serving being at 270 mg. In all, an efficient ingredient profile makes up Hyper fx.

Effectiveness: As I've done with my past pre-workout reviews I will break this down into categories. I would like to note that I used two scoops of Hyper fx following my three day assessment period with the product. Therefore, the scores I gauge are based on a two scoop serving. It should be noted that one scoop may be plenty for some users, but always assess your tolerance should you feel a second scoop be needed.

Energy (10): Very good, clean, and consistent energy was always present within my workouts with hyper fx. A full 10 goes here.

Focus (9): Solid, tunnel vision-like focus was very prominent with hyper fx's usage. I consistently felt concentrated and 100% primed into my workouts for each rep and set.

Pump (5): Hyper fx lags in this area. Alone, the pumps were not very noticeable. As usual though, win I combined it with Testogen xr, my go to pump product as well as DAA-based test booster, the pumps were much better and critically felt.

Thermo Effect (7): I would say that there was indeed a good thermo effect because of the increased perspiration and body temperature I felt. I also believe that it helped me shed a little extra water weight since I felt less bloated around my mid-section area.

In all, I give hyper fx an 8 for efficacy. Great energy, focus, ad thermo suppport, but needs improvement in the pump department.

Value (9): Hyper fx is actually one of the cheaper PWOs that I've come across. I've seen it go for as low as 16.99 and as high as 25 dollars. I got my supply for 17 dollars for each tub. For the effectiveness of the product, this is a superb value.

Overall (8.5): Hyper fx was overall a terrific pre-workout that I would tie in with Lecheek's Speed X3. Which one I would recommend over the other depends on your goals. If you are looking to cut or recomp, hyper fx may be your best bet because of its thermo support to help in fat loss. If you are looking for a good general pre-workout, both would help but perhaps speed x3 would be my first recommendation mainly because it wins with its taste and because lecheek often has special promos on speed x3 such as BOGOs or holiday specials. With that said, hyper fx is still a PWO that has earned the machine stamp of approval and I would recommend giving it try.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Endurance
    • Focus
    • Energy
    • Fat Burning
    • Nice Bottle
    • Unpleasant Fizzing
    • Pump Factor Needs Improvement
    irondude
    irondude

Joined: 5/2013
    Reviews: 5
    Reputation: +245
    I really like this product, not so strong not so weak, just in the right point!

Reply #2:
    cssrss
    cssrss

Joined: 2/2013
    Reviews: 12
    Reputation: +114
    Great review! I never tried BSN energy products b/c of all the bad I've heard with N.O.Explode, but should give this a try in the future.

Reply #3:

Joined: 1/2012
    Reviews: 72
    Reputation: +2355
    Thanks guys and yes cssrss, definitely give it go.

Reply #4:
    Mattmac1017
    Mattmac1017

Joined: 3/2011
    Reviews: 7
    Reputation: +149
    My go-to pwo. Hasn't failed me yet. Nice write up war

August 16, 2013

tommy777

Reviews: 12

Age: 21

August 16, 2013
    Hyper FX

I am a big fan of NO Xplode so when hyper came out I was pretty excited to try it! I am going to go over the things that BSN claims that HYPER should do.

Training Energy & Fat Burning(8): I thought that Hyper kicked in really fast and had pretty great energy instantly. I felt as if the boost of energy was definitely accompanied by the products thermo effects as well. I started sweating almost instantly and sweated a lot more than what I normally do.

Focus and Mental Alertness* (6-7): When taking NO Xplode I feel completely focused and locked in on the task of working out, with Hyper I did not really get much of this at all maybe for a brief period at the beginning of my workout but that was it.

Power and Endurance* (8): Hyper gave me pretty great endurance throughout my workouts. I was not getting tired in the middle of them and was actually able to knock out extra reps when I would usually be fatigued.

Pump (3-4): Hyper did not give me a pump what so ever. I had energy and could get more reps but it did not give me any extra in terms of pump then what I would get without a preworkout. If you enjoyed this product, like I did, but also love the pump you will probably need to end up adding to it, stacking it with something else.

Taste (8): I have always been a fan of blue raspberry so that is what I tried with Hyper. I really liked the taste of it and I thought the peppers added a little bite to it and you could feel them burn the top of your tongue a little bit which I did not mind. Which my opinion on the taste I do not know if you should take because I also like the taste of Blue Raspberry NO Xplode which many hate.

Value (10): This preworkout you can usually find extremely cheap I have saw it on supplementwarehouse for 14.99 and during the month of June when there was free shipping you cannot beat that price for what you get out o fit it was an amazing day.

Overall(7-8): I would recommend Hyper FX to anyone, especially because of the price. For me, when I use it I liked it better for higher intensity workouts or when I was doing uptempo cardio, due to the aspect of not giving me a pump I felt it worked great for those types of workouts.
    • Cheap
    • Crazy Sweating
    July 8, 2013

sasquatch

Reviews: 3

Age: 16

July 8, 2013
    Decent energy, focus, but lacks the "HYPER" of it's name.

First review and first time using Hyper FX. I wanted to use this product as a pre-workout as I never had taken one before. Just ran out of it a little bit after a month. I also stacked this product with Amino x, syntha-6, and cellmass 2.0.

My Workout Routine-
    I workout with a 3 on, 1 off format with days as; chest/tri, back/bi, legs/shoulders/traps. I am in the gym anywhere from 45-90 mins. During my use of this product I was lifting with more of a power mentality, low reps, high rest.

Diet-
    When I took this product my diet consisted of high protein, low fat, high carbs. I also fasted during this time with alternating fasts. One day I would use a 18/6 fast with 2000cal and the next I would again use the 18/6 fast but with 3000cal. My eating window was from 2 til 8.

Rating-

Taste- 6/10
    Blu Raz- Taste was alright as far as flavor, but it did have a energy drink after taste. I often mixed it with blue gatoraid powder because I thought it gave it a better taste. One confusing mystery was what was always left in the bottom of the cup after I drank it all. There was something that was unplesent it was almost like chunks of pepper in the product. I had often drank these chunks and when I bit them they made my tounge tingle and made it feel as if there was a little fire on my tounge.

Value-9.5/10
    Very cheap compared to other similar products. I think I paid 24$ for 30 servings.

Fat Burning- n/a
    I noticed after I received this product that it supports fat loss. In addition to my weight training I also run and do HIIT. My running is to stay in shape for my senior football season, it consists of various foot work drills, 40 yd dashes, and 40ydx8 shuttles. I do not feel comfortable rating this category as I ran a good hour or more after I lifted, also because of my fasts. All that said I went from 204 to 195avg lbs when I did take this product and I would say I look slightly leaner.

Effectiveness-5/10
    I would have given this category a higher rating but it gave me no pump whatsoever. As it was my first time using a pr-workout, I did feel more focused than before I took this product. However it was nothing special.

Overall-6.5/10
    This product simply was not what I was looking for as a pr-workout, in terms of a pump, focus, and especially the chunks of what seemed like pepper? I am happy that I experienced no side-effects at all with this product.

This product could be improved by giving it a pump like feeling and better focus. I would not use this product again for a pre-workout but might later in life as a fat burner because of its cost. As far as my strength gains with this product my bench press did go up sightly in the month I used the product from 265 to 275 and my squat went from 320 to 335.
    • Cheap
    July 2, 2013

jameq

Age: 22

July 2, 2013
    hyperfx- one size fits one!!

Many of the reviewers on here don't understand the basis of BSN hyper FX. BSN essentially tried to take its successful N.O. explode formaula and turn it into a super concentrated, simplified, beginners PWO.
    Mixability- 6/10: BSN is known for using sodium bicarbonte in it's products, this is an effective pH buffer to combat muscle acidosis, fatigue and cramping. the only problem with this product is it fizzes like crazy and gives a crappy after-taste. although a very effective ingredient, think its time to design a "2013" version of this century old product to help the mixability.
    Taste- 8/10: besides problems listed above, flavors taste pretty good, BSN has mastered the grape and watermelon flavors.
    pump- N/A: like i said before, many reviewers dont understand the concept for this product, this product is for women, beginners, people trying to HIIT athletes and people who just need a cardio lift, removing the nitrous oxide and creatine from this product removes the "pump" and strength gains so if that is what you are looking for then this product wasn't made for you
    effectiveness- 8/10: in terms of energy/focus/and weight loss they did a decent job with this product and i would recommend it to people with the above listed goals,energy was clean and no crash or jitters present
    overall for the money you are paying its a great value, if you are looking for a much more effective product with more energy but at twice the cost, i would recommend pharma freaks ripped freak PWO

April 5, 2013

sumit85

Age: 33

April 5, 2013
      Hyper FX as a pre workout supplement fails poorly. I bought it after reading soo many good things about it in this website, But i got to say, after first couple of days, when your body is not used to it, it works really well, you can feel no exhaustion after heavy workouts, you sweat more, there's little bit more endurance which it gives you,,,but after all this- say after a week you have been consuming it. Your body gets used to it, & all its benefiets start to diminish. Till the time i reached 20th serving, there was no effect at all, which is very disappointing. All in all- no real value for money this FX Explode. Will be writing more reviews on other supplements as & when i finish them, hope this review helps those who are looking to find effectiveness of this product. Cheers
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Energy
    • Focus
    • Crazy Sweating

Joined: 3/2013
    Reputation: 0
    I was sweating so hard in the gym, everybody is looking at me like something gone wrong. lol. Try Muscle Marinade, it is much smoother .

March 31, 2013

Age: 24

March 31, 2013
     First time review

After resistant to god made jack3d about 1 year, i start to looking for alternative like Hyper FX. This is my final thoughts after used second tubs.

First of all, there is no creatine, which very lame, so i have to get beast creature (5g a day) to get enough creatine. However, the wonder of main ingredient of beta-alanine somewhat made this product effective. Jittery is one main complaint for me, i have to pause my music to feel relax again. oh, it comes with heavy sweats, too.

I recommend for people looking for some intense energy, not really care about creatine.

I will not recommend for people looking for pump, which is very sad according to Arnold. also, the taste is not very impressive.
    March 22, 2013

ncm7772

Reviews: 14

Age: 27

March 22, 2013
     A very good pre-workout supplement. I especially like the products without creatine, as I am a naturally heavy guy and tend to blow up with water when I use creatine.

I had used White Flood for a long time, and decided to take a break from it. With Hyper FX, I got the typical caffiene buzz (there is 270mg per scoop, about 2 cups of coffee worth), but I didn't get the crash. Provided me w/ good energy and endurance through good, intense workouts. Was easy on the stomach too, as certain pre-wo's have bothered my gut. NO-Explode was (in0famous for that. I also took this before a timed running test, and really noticed it helped my endurance. I didn't notice an increase in 'pumps', but I've never had a pre-wo help me with that.

I've only used the watermelon flavor. Not outstanding, not bad. I'd say it's slightly better tasting than the average pre-workout.

I recommend this product for any athlete.
    February 24, 2013

Nimitz88

Age: 18

February 24, 2013
     Well, this was my first BSN supplement that I have ever tried. At first it seemed like some sort of a magic powder, because I was influenced by the BSN's markenting machine and sweet ads. To tell you, don't expect any crazy weight gains, because this product is, in my opinion a simple energy and focus promoting preworkout. Now, I don't want to sound two-faced, but you should not expect effects that will boost your muscle growth and all that, but you can count on it when you are lacking of energy, and you just want to go and lift some weight. As simple as that.
    The taste is an absolute horror, at least the taste of the berries. And it also burns your mouth if you accidentaly bite through little white sand-like remains, which I think are peperine.

As it goes for my workout and diet, I was bulking while using it, eating up to 4100 calories a day, and my workout was DTP.

Hxper fx should definetly be stacked with creatine, protein and amino if you wish.

There are no real side effects, only the high amount of caffeine won't let you sleep if you take it in the evening or late afternoon (270mg caffeine/serving).

In general, hyper fx is a reliable preworkout, for those who want to have a hard and lon-lastin session in the gym, and it will also wake you up and get your brains ready to lift something, that's for sure. Another thing, it is supposed to boost testosterone, well some older guys would have to tell you that, testosterone is ok for now.

The price... Well I got it for 31 eur, but i think the real price should be around 25 eur.

Now, some may get tolerant to hyper fx, adn will soon have to take 2 scoops. For those of you who are looking for a similar product, I would recommend Ripped freak, because it belongs in the same price class and yet delivers 50 servings.

Want pumps? Buy something else. Want focus and energy to endure even the hardest training? Buy hyper.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Not Feeling Hungry Anymore
    • Focus
    • Energy
    • Test Boosting
    • Fat Burning
    • Nice Bottle
    • Burns Your Mouth
    • Needs To Be Stacked With Others

Have you used Hyper FX? Submit your own Review!