Hyper FX Reviews

By: BSN

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #53 of 204 (better than 74%) in

Hyper FX is a Pre-Workout manufactured by BSN. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

Razer
  June 30, 2015

----Introduction----
Whatsup everybody I've been training right for the last 28 months and in that time I've been experimenting with a different pre workout every month (if plausible due to limited brands). So the last time I picked up BSN Hyper fx watermelon. Although I'm not really a big fan of BSN

----Ingredient Profile----
The main focus point for some would be the lack of pump amplifiers and creatine. But for me that doesn't really matter as I prefer to take my creatine post workout. Further its mostly 3 prop blends (doesn't matter if its working).
Caffeine disclosed at 200mg per serving

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I decided to start with 1 scoop with the advised amount of water, and it mixed quite easily with almost no residue. Note - don't use a small cup or shake it as the bicarbonate would cause it to fizz out of your cup

Taste was pretty decent and kind of refreshing with ice cold water. Note - some users have complained about a slight peppery taste

----Effectiveness----
I will break this down into 3 categories
Pump
Nothing more than I would have got without using my pre (added my own agmatine from day 2 onwards)

Energy
I felt energized throughout my entire workout (Weights and cardio both). Not really a rush of energy, a more sustained wave of energy. Especially endurance wise

Focus
Full marks here, I just loved the focus I had after taking this. Even after a long day it still heightened my mood and concentration

----Value----
Basically the same price as most over here, Paid R470 for 30 servings.

----Side Effects----
Nothing really, except maybe the lack of pump (if that's your ball park)
No test boosting

----Conclusion----
I had a great time in the gym and experienced a bit of strength gains as well as fat loss, I have been in a calorie surplus of 300 per day
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Burning
  • Strength Gains
  • Energy
  • Focus
  • Endurance
  • No Pump
Eldin
  July 10, 2014

This is my second review and BSN again. It was one of my first pre-workouts. First of all I usually don't use this kind of products but my friend in supplementation store tell me to to take it and that is amassing. So i use it with BSN Cellmass. On first dose I find that is bad too bad to pay for it. So this is my score.

Profile(8/10): To much proprietary bland like all BSN products but there are some serious ingredients like DAA, BA, capsimax, caffeine. Has great potential.

Energy/Thermo(9/10): In the department of energy and thermogenic qualities, Hyper FX is weary good like Mutant Methyem. It is nice to me to hawe something what will warm me up because it is hard to me to warm up good.

Strength(8/10): This was good quality from this product, the strength and endurance was good from. Not much of the focus but it was good on reps.

Taste(3/10): Bad bad bad! It smells good bat bad taste and it stick in mouth for long time. It burns the tongue.

Mixture(5/10): Maybe it mix good in shaker but if you stick to label recommendation and mix it in glass of water its hell of event. Tu much of baubles and soup and never disintegrate completely especially that capsimax.

Value(6/10): In my coutry Hyper FX cost 43-45 euros I pay it 45 for 30 dose and that is too expensive you can take labrada super charge 50 servings for that money or SAN Launch for 35 euros 45 servings or Universal shock therapy 35 euros 42 serving.

Please notice that all i wrote above stand when I take double dose. First for trainings i did not notice any good from product so I decide to double the dose and to spend it as soon as I could. So the real value is half of 6. 15 dose for 45 euros it is steal.

Overall(3/10): Hyper FX for me is second worst product I tryed because price, one of worst est side effects stomach issues and terrible gases and for sure worst taste ewer.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Burning
  • Strength Gains
  • Endurance
  • Stomach Cramps
  • Burns Your Mouth
Dutchblend
  February 5, 2014

After using Noxplode 2.0, Nitrix and Cell-mass stack for 2 months I was out for something new. Then I was quite happy to see this new pre-workout around the corner. Claiming to be just as effective as his big brother No-xplode so I eagerly tried this new one out. The advisement I got claimed that Hyper would give me more energy, focus, fat burning and higher testosterone levels.
Taste/Mix: (6.5/10)
After choking some awful pre-workouts down like a pro... I didn't expect this to be a pleasant trip either. I went with watermelon taste, after opening the bottle I saw no clunks and it comes with a small serving spoon. Being used to the BSN No-xplode spoon I was shocked, because that one is like 8times bigger in size.. then again so is the packing . The taste itself was alright it wasn't good.. it isn't bad either. But a bit to sour for my taste.
Energy (8/10)
With the recommend serving size for being 1 scoop, I always used between 1-2 . Hyper took me a good 15 to 30 min before I noticed any change. Sitting in the car I could clearly notice myself getting more focused. Once in the gym I felt awake and ready.
My stamina was clearly increased because where I normally struggle on does last reps. I didn't really needed to push myself now which resulted in an extra reps. Another thing I clearly noticed was no jitters from beta alanine( Regarding beta..I'm still not sure if I find this a good or bad thing ).
Strength/Focuss: (8/10)
My strength would increase because I could take a few extra kilos on the bar, the product gave me zero though! So I could go on doing multiple sets without feeling my arm locking cause of all the pump. I've used Hyper on days where I was in good shape and some on bad days. On both days I could feel hyper kicking in. It Gave me a lot more focus.
Value (4/10)
Even though this product helps improved my workout... the pricing is absolutely is what keeps me away. Hyper hardly lasted me 3 weeks. I payed around 30 euro which is the normal pricing class for most pre-workouts. There are other products on the market that give the same results but will last you longer for that price.
Overall (7/10)
Being a big fan of BSN products this is a nice addition to their line. Hyper gave me a good overall feeling. If you are looking for a product that gives you clean energy and no jitters Hyper fits the profile. It never gave me any crash but a fit feeling afterwards. The only flaw I see is the price for the amount you get. But if money is not an issue I would recommend trying this one out
WarMachine
  November 28, 2013

WarMachine here to drop some more reviews here on the great forum known as SR.com.

Today I would like to discuss my experience with BSN's pre-workout formula Hyper fx. Hyper fx was my first experience with BSN's line of energy enhancing products. It is a specially formulated pre-workout designed to enhance energy, focus, and provide thermogenic support. Based on my experience, I can vouche that it does indeed shine in all three of the areas. However, there are some areas that could use improvement as I will detail in my review.

Taste (5): I used the fruit punch for a full container and blue raspberry for a half a container before beginning my "off" period. The first thing I want to note is the unbelievable fizzing the product undergoes once the desired amount of water is added. It fizzes so much that at times I needed to gradually sip it through a straw to ensure that the effervescence of the formula wouldn't upset my stomach. A good rule of thumb, NEVER SHAKE THIS!!! As for the taste itself, the fruit punch was not the best. It was tolerable, but I felt that the blue raspberry was better. Hyper fx also comes in grape and watermelon, but I never got a chance to try those flavors so I cannot comment on them.

Ingredient Profile (9):

Again, the infamous "prop. blend" spiel costs a product a point. Nonetheless, the profile is quite sufficient;

Serving Size1Level Scoop(10.8grams)
Servings Per Container30
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%"
Sugars 0g **
Sodium 280mg 12%
Potassium 5mg <1%

HYPER-FXâ„¢ Peak Proprietary Blend 9.6g

Myogenic Endura Infusion* **
Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn®), Betaine Anhydrous, Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Malic Acid, Taurine, Adenosine 5'Triphosphate Disodium (Peak ATP®)

Shock Force Spectrum **

D-Aspartic Acid, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium-D-Glucarate, Red Pepper (Fruit) (2% Capsaicinoids) (Capsimaxâ„¢), Black Pepper (Fruit) (95% Piperine) (Bioperine®), Cholecalciferol

Neuro Power Composite* **

Choline Bitartrate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Bitter Orange Extract (Fruit) (30% Synephrine) (Advantra Z®), Niacin, Toothed Clubmoss (Aerial Parts) (1% Huperzine A), Lesser Periwinkle [(Whole Plant) (95% Vinpocetine, 98% Vincamine, 98% Vinburmine)]

As you can clearly observe, hyper fx has a broad spectrum profile of plenty of well-known ingredients designed to provide energy, focus, and thermogenic support. Some key ingredients include beta-alanine, D-aspartic acid, choline, synephrine, and black pepper extract. As I said before though, with nearly everything in a prop. blend, it is not known as to exactly how much of each ingredient you are receiving from a serving. It is worth noting that BSN does at least label the caffeine content of each serving being at 270 mg. In all, an efficient ingredient profile makes up Hyper fx.

Effectiveness: As I've done with my past pre-workout reviews I will break this down into categories. I would like to note that I used two scoops of Hyper fx following my three day assessment period with the product. Therefore, the scores I gauge are based on a two scoop serving. It should be noted that one scoop may be plenty for some users, but always assess your tolerance should you feel a second scoop be needed.

Energy (10): Very good, clean, and consistent energy was always present within my workouts with hyper fx. A full 10 goes here.

Focus (9): Solid, tunnel vision-like focus was very prominent with hyper fx's usage. I consistently felt concentrated and 100% primed into my workouts for each rep and set.

Pump (5): Hyper fx lags in this area. Alone, the pumps were not very noticeable. As usual though, win I combined it with Testogen xr, my go to pump product as well as DAA-based test booster, the pumps were much better and critically felt.

Thermo Effect (7): I would say that there was indeed a good thermo effect because of the increased perspiration and body temperature I felt. I also believe that it helped me shed a little extra water weight since I felt less bloated around my mid-section area.

In all, I give hyper fx an 8 for efficacy. Great energy, focus, ad thermo suppport, but needs improvement in the pump department.

Value (9): Hyper fx is actually one of the cheaper PWOs that I've come across. I've seen it go for as low as 16.99 and as high as 25 dollars. I got my supply for 17 dollars for each tub. For the effectiveness of the product, this is a superb value.

Overall (8.5): Hyper fx was overall a terrific pre-workout that I would tie in with Lecheek's Speed X3. Which one I would recommend over the other depends on your goals. If you are looking to cut or recomp, hyper fx may be your best bet because of its thermo support to help in fat loss. If you are looking for a good general pre-workout, both would help but perhaps speed x3 would be my first recommendation mainly because it wins with its taste and because lecheek often has special promos on speed x3 such as BOGOs or holiday specials. With that said, hyper fx is still a PWO that has earned the machine stamp of approval and I would recommend giving it try.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!
  • Nice Bottle
  • Ingredient Profile Leaves A Bit To Be Desired
  • Pump Factor Needs Improvement
  • Unpleasant Fizzing
tommy777
  August 16, 2013

I am a big fan of NO Xplode so when hyper came out I was pretty excited to try it! I am going to go over the things that BSN claims that HYPER should do.

Training Energy & Fat Burning(8): I thought that Hyper kicked in really fast and had pretty great energy instantly. I felt as if the boost of energy was definitely accompanied by the products thermo effects as well. I started sweating almost instantly and sweated a lot more than what I normally do.

Focus and Mental Alertness* (6-7): When taking NO Xplode I feel completely focused and locked in on the task of working out, with Hyper I did not really get much of this at all maybe for a brief period at the beginning of my workout but that was it.

Power and Endurance* (8): Hyper gave me pretty great endurance throughout my workouts. I was not getting tired in the middle of them and was actually able to knock out extra reps when I would usually be fatigued.

Pump (3-4): Hyper did not give me a pump what so ever. I had energy and could get more reps but it did not give me any extra in terms of pump then what I would get without a preworkout. If you enjoyed this product, like I did, but also love the pump you will probably need to end up adding to it, stacking it with something else.

Taste (8): I have always been a fan of blue raspberry so that is what I tried with Hyper. I really liked the taste of it and I thought the peppers added a little bite to it and you could feel them burn the top of your tongue a little bit which I did not mind. Which my opinion on the taste I do not know if you should take because I also like the taste of Blue Raspberry NO Xplode which many hate.

Value (10): This preworkout you can usually find extremely cheap I have saw it on supplementwarehouse for 14.99 and during the month of June when there was free shipping you cannot beat that price for what you get out o fit it was an amazing day.

Overall(7-8): I would recommend Hyper FX to anyone, especially because of the price. For me, when I use it I liked it better for higher intensity workouts or when I was doing uptempo cardio, due to the aspect of not giving me a pump I felt it worked great for those types of workouts.
  • Cheap
  • Crazy Sweating
sasquatch
  July 8, 2013

First review and first time using Hyper FX. I wanted to use this product as a pre-workout as I never had taken one before. Just ran out of it a little bit after a month. I also stacked this product with Amino x, syntha-6, and cellmass 2.0.

My Workout Routine-
I workout with a 3 on, 1 off format with days as; chest/tri, back/bi, legs/shoulders/traps. I am in the gym anywhere from 45-90 mins. During my use of this product I was lifting with more of a power mentality, low reps, high rest.

Diet-
When I took this product my diet consisted of high protein, low fat, high carbs. I also fasted during this time with alternating fasts. One day I would use a 18/6 fast with 2000cal and the next I would again use the 18/6 fast but with 3000cal. My eating window was from 2 til 8.

Rating-

Taste- 6/10
Blu Raz- Taste was alright as far as flavor, but it did have a energy drink after taste. I often mixed it with blue gatoraid powder because I thought it gave it a better taste. One confusing mystery was what was always left in the bottom of the cup after I drank it all. There was something that was unplesent it was almost like chunks of pepper in the product. I had often drank these chunks and when I bit them they made my tounge tingle and made it feel as if there was a little fire on my tounge.

Value-9.5/10
Very cheap compared to other similar products. I think I paid 24$ for 30 servings.

Fat Burning- n/a
I noticed after I received this product that it supports fat loss. In addition to my weight training I also run and do HIIT. My running is to stay in shape for my senior football season, it consists of various foot work drills, 40 yd dashes, and 40ydx8 shuttles. I do not feel comfortable rating this category as I ran a good hour or more after I lifted, also because of my fasts. All that said I went from 204 to 195avg lbs when I did take this product and I would say I look slightly leaner.

Effectiveness-5/10
I would have given this category a higher rating but it gave me no pump whatsoever. As it was my first time using a pr-workout, I did feel more focused than before I took this product. However it was nothing special.

Overall-6.5/10
This product simply was not what I was looking for as a pr-workout, in terms of a pump, focus, and especially the chunks of what seemed like pepper? I am happy that I experienced no side-effects at all with this product.

This product could be improved by giving it a pump like feeling and better focus. I would not use this product again for a pre-workout but might later in life as a fat burner because of its cost. As far as my strength gains with this product my bench press did go up sightly in the month I used the product from 265 to 275 and my squat went from 320 to 335.
  • Cheap
jameq
  July 2, 2013

Many of the reviewers on here don't understand the basis of BSN hyper FX. BSN essentially tried to take its successful N.O. explode formaula and turn it into a super concentrated, simplified, beginners PWO.
Mixability- 6/10: BSN is known for using sodium bicarbonte in it's products, this is an effective pH buffer to combat muscle acidosis, fatigue and cramping. the only problem with this product is it fizzes like crazy and gives a crappy after-taste. although a very effective ingredient, think its time to design a "2013" version of this century old product to help the mixability.
Taste- 8/10: besides problems listed above, flavors taste pretty good, BSN has mastered the grape and watermelon flavors.
pump- N/A: like i said before, many reviewers dont understand the concept for this product, this product is for women, beginners, people trying to HIIT athletes and people who just need a cardio lift, removing the nitrous oxide and creatine from this product removes the "pump" and strength gains so if that is what you are looking for then this product wasn't made for you
effectiveness- 8/10: in terms of energy/focus/and weight loss they did a decent job with this product and i would recommend it to people with the above listed goals,energy was clean and no crash or jitters present
overall for the money you are paying its a great value, if you are looking for a much more effective product with more energy but at twice the cost, i would recommend pharma freaks ripped freak PWO

• Ingredient Profile Leaves A Bit To Be Desired
Nimitz88
  February 24, 2013

Well, this was my first BSN supplement that I have ever tried. At first it seemed like some sort of a magic powder, because I was influenced by the BSN's markenting machine and sweet ads. To tell you, don't expect any crazy weight gains, because this product is, in my opinion a simple energy and focus promoting preworkout. Now, I don't want to sound two-faced, but you should not expect effects that will boost your muscle growth and all that, but you can count on it when you are lacking of energy, and you just want to go and lift some weight. As simple as that.
The taste is an absolute horror, at least the taste of the berries. And it also burns your mouth if you accidentaly bite through little white sand-like remains, which I think are peperine.

As it goes for my workout and diet, I was bulking while using it, eating up to 4100 calories a day, and my workout was DTP.

Hxper fx should definetly be stacked with creatine, protein and amino if you wish.

There are no real side effects, only the high amount of caffeine won't let you sleep if you take it in the evening or late afternoon (270mg caffeine/serving).

In general, hyper fx is a reliable preworkout, for those who want to have a hard and lon-lastin session in the gym, and it will also wake you up and get your brains ready to lift something, that's for sure. Another thing, it is supposed to boost testosterone, well some older guys would have to tell you that, testosterone is ok for now.

The price... Well I got it for 31 eur, but i think the real price should be around 25 eur.

Now, some may get tolerant to hyper fx, adn will soon have to take 2 scoops. For those of you who are looking for a similar product, I would recommend Ripped freak, because it belongs in the same price class and yet delivers 50 servings.

Want pumps? Buy something else. Want focus and energy to endure even the hardest training? Buy hyper.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Energy
  • Nice Bottle
  • Fat Burning
  • Test Boosting
  • Not Feeling Hungry Anymore
  • Focus
  • Burns Your Mouth
Judd90
  January 27, 2013

Hyper FX is a workout intensifier from BSN. It is also another product which is to be banned within the UK market due to the inclusion of synephrine within the ingredients profile. I got an amazing deal on this sup because of this and was pleasantly surprised by its performance. So here goes the review.
Taste 3/10
Fruit punch was not an accurate description of the flavour. That is a nice way of putting it. This stuff tastes BAD! One of the most chemical tasting formula's I have ever tasted. I would have to mix it with fruit juice and a full pint of water to make it tolerable. The mixing was also a bit of a problem. There would occasionally end up being a few crystals that would not dissolve and if you got left with one of those in your mouth and you accidently crushed it in your mouth.....WOW! I felt like it was going to burn my face off it was so peppery! Such a horrible sensation and It does not make for a pleasant start to your workout.
Effectiveness – 8.5/10
This was a weird one for me. For my pre-workouts I usually look for the same essential ingredient profile. This one was vastly different and that's what intrigued me. And it was different. I didn't feel the insane energy that I usually want as soon as I hit the gym but the energy I got lasted forever! I did a leg session and I was there for close to 3 hours! And I could have stayed longer too. The energy just never stopped. Not to forget the fat burning claims of this supplement, I was drenched leaving the gym. I could literally ring my t-shirt out it was so wet. All this from one scoop, and it stayed like that for the whole tub. And all this without geranium! The only downside really is that there's no pump with it, but as it's not advertised to give a pump, it can't really be held against it. My strength remained as usual, maybe a few more reps on given weights, but nothing ground breaking.

Ingredients – 6/10
As I said earlier, this PWO is very different from the usual formula's at the top of the market and as it shows different is not always bad. You definitely feel the beta alanine and the thermogenic ingredients also pack quite the punch, making for more of a thermogenic supplement in my mind, rather than a PWO. The inclusion of D-aspartic acid is interesting, but the effect it has in this formula, I'm not 100% sure. Also this supplement can be no longer sold in the UK due to synephrine, it has to lose some points for me.
Value – 8/10
If you can get this stuff as its getting sold off cheap as I did (£23 a tub) then its value is superb. But it was usually around the £30 mark which is respectable for a pre-workout. I've also upped the rating because 1 scoop was always enough, which made the tub last over a month for me

Overall – 7/10
I have upped the rating for the overall as the taste problem isn't really a problem for me, more annoying than anything. I would think that this product would be better marketed as a fat burner as in my opinion that's more like what it is. All in all I would recommend this to anyone who's looking to up the time they spend in the gym and if you're looking to lose a bit of fat while weight training, then this is a great supplement for that too.
  • Crazy Sweating
Dman44
Rep: -1
  November 7, 2012

What's up guys! Got a bottle of HyperFX from Extreme Nutrition in Coral Springs FL. This is my first review so bare with me.

Taste

The flavor on my bottle is fruit punch. It's not bad at all. It was easy to put down. The only negative that I'd have to say is when you are finishing your drink you get a nasty burning sensation from the Black/Red pepper in the ingredients. This was a huge turn off from the product.

Because this product is a concentrate I would not recommend it to a guy who is looking for big pumps in the gym. I found that this product is great for high intensity workouts! It has ATP which is great for endurance. ATP if you don't know is like the gas to our cells(simply put). If you train MMA, bike a lot, or do a lot of cardio, then you will really like this product! This product is kind of low on the stimulants so don't expect a lot of that cracked out energy feeling you might get from other concentrates.

Cost

Extreme Nutrition sells it for $32.00 and there's 30 servings which is 1 scoop. Paying around 1 dollar per day to have a good work out is not bad in my opinion.

Side Effects

The only negative side effects I would have to say is the bad after taste when you get to the bottom of your pre-workout drink. I had to make sure I had and extra sip of water to chase it with so it wouldn't burn my throat every time.

Overall

I think this product is really good for the right type of workouts! And now that I think about it women would probably love this pre-workout because it's not full of stims and it gives you a lot of endurance!

That's all I got!

Dman!

Cons:

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.