Hyper FX Reviews

By: BSN

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #41 of 181 (better than 78%) in

Hyper FX is a Pre-Workout manufactured by BSN. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

shinndigg

October 1, 2012

First review as an expert reviewer! I am stoked and honored to have this opportunity. On to the review, when it comes to BSN products I tend to be on the fence. Some of their products (Syntha 6, True Mass) are quality products that I have seen good results from. Others (N.O. Xplode, Cellmass) have left a lot to be desired. I picked up Hyper FX a few months ago as I was in need of a creatine free pre workout, and was intrigued by the profile.

Doseage: One scoop 15-20 minutes before workout.

Profile(7.5/10): Hyper FX has a unique blend to it that claims to provide strength and testosterone enhancing qualities, along with fat burning qualities as well. The thing that intrigued me the most is the addition of DAA to this pre-workout, also the combination of beta alanine and betaine seems to be a great inclusion for muscle endurance. The thermogenic/fat burning qualities come primarily from the capsimax red and black pepper extracts and about 270 grams of caffeine...this profile has great potential in my eyes, the problem with all this though is you can't tell if you are getting an effective dose of anything since it's all in a proprietary blend, boo!

Energy/Thermo(9/10): In the department of energy and thermogenic qualities, Hyper FX shines through. I was definitely ready to hit the weights and felt energized after chugging this down and I also found myself sweating a lot more then usual with this stuff throughout my workouts, so I'd have to say the thermogenic aspect of this works. Not bad in terms of crashing afterwords either which is a drawback to some pre-workouts I have used in the past.

Strength(8/10): This was another good quality from Hyper FX, the strength and endurance I felt from this product was superb. I found myself able to pound out my reps on my lifts, especially the last few each set and was able to bump up the weight on some of them as well. As far as the testosterone it was hard for me to gauge, I definitely didn't feel like I would taking an actual test booster and I would say the difference from my normal levels was negligible at best.

Pump(5/10): Hyper FX delivered little to nothing for me in terms of feeling a pump. Some would argue this is an over rated aspect of a pre workout, but I like the feeling of a good pump during my workout. I felt essentially nothing over what a natural pump would feel, and looking at the profile there really aren't any pump inducing ingredients contained in it. So if pump is something important to you, you'll probably have to stack a separate pump product on top of this.

Focus(6/10): This is another aspect I found lacking in Hyper FX. There are some pre-workouts (1.M.R, Super Charge) where I would get absolute tunnel vision, this...not so much. I think the focus enhancing ingredients in this product are either underdosed or ineffective, either way it equated out to a "so-so" feeling of focus.

Taste(4/10): Yuck! I had the fruit punch flavor of this and it was absolutely brutal. Had to chug it and chase it with water everytime. Normally I don't care how a supplement tastes, but this pushed my limits of that. I wouldn't go anywhere near the blue raspberry flavor of this either, but that is a personal preference and from traumatic past experiences with N.O. Xplode e.g smurf blue vomit.

Mixture(8/10): Mixed pretty well in a shaker, I'm not a fan of BSN's pre workouts where you have to handle them with kid gloves and not shake them. So I just swirled it around in my shaker and it mixed up pretty well, only a little bit of undissolved powder that was left usually.

Value(10/10): This is easily one of the best value pre-workouts on the market. You can find it for 22-23 bucks on most online retailers and get 30 full servings from a container, equating out to only 73 cents a serving. You may want to use the money you save from this to buy a pump product though as stated before.

Overall(8/10): All in all Hyper FX was not a bad product for me. It is a good option to look at if you are in the market for a creatine free pre-workout that will still allow you to reap the strength and muscle endurance benefits of a regular pre-workout. I give this product a tentative thumbs up.
WarMachine
  November 28, 2013

WarMachine here to drop some more reviews here on the great forum known as SR.com.

Today I would like to discuss my experience with BSN's pre-workout formula Hyper fx. Hyper fx was my first experience with BSN's line of energy enhancing products. It is a specially formulated pre-workout designed to enhance energy, focus, and provide thermogenic support. Based on my experience, I can vouche that it does indeed shine in all three of the areas. However, there are some areas that could use improvement as I will detail in my review.

Taste (5): I used the fruit punch for a full container and blue raspberry for a half a container before beginning my "off" period. The first thing I want to note is the unbelievable fizzing the product undergoes once the desired amount of water is added. It fizzes so much that at times I needed to gradually sip it through a straw to ensure that the effervescence of the formula wouldn't upset my stomach. A good rule of thumb, NEVER SHAKE THIS!!! As for the taste itself, the fruit punch was not the best. It was tolerable, but I felt that the blue raspberry was better. Hyper fx also comes in grape and watermelon, but I never got a chance to try those flavors so I cannot comment on them.

Ingredient Profile (9):

Again, the infamous "prop. blend" spiel costs a product a point. Nonetheless, the profile is quite sufficient;

Serving Size1Level Scoop(10.8grams)
Servings Per Container30
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%"
Sugars 0g **
Sodium 280mg 12%
Potassium 5mg <1%

HYPER-FXâ„¢ Peak Proprietary Blend 9.6g

Myogenic Endura Infusion* **
Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn®), Betaine Anhydrous, Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Malic Acid, Taurine, Adenosine 5'Triphosphate Disodium (Peak ATP®)

Shock Force Spectrum **

D-Aspartic Acid, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium-D-Glucarate, Red Pepper (Fruit) (2% Capsaicinoids) (Capsimaxâ„¢), Black Pepper (Fruit) (95% Piperine) (Bioperine®), Cholecalciferol

Neuro Power Composite* **

Choline Bitartrate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Bitter Orange Extract (Fruit) (30% Synephrine) (Advantra Z®), Niacin, Toothed Clubmoss (Aerial Parts) (1% Huperzine A), Lesser Periwinkle [(Whole Plant) (95% Vinpocetine, 98% Vincamine, 98% Vinburmine)]

As you can clearly observe, hyper fx has a broad spectrum profile of plenty of well-known ingredients designed to provide energy, focus, and thermogenic support. Some key ingredients include beta-alanine, D-aspartic acid, choline, synephrine, and black pepper extract. As I said before though, with nearly everything in a prop. blend, it is not known as to exactly how much of each ingredient you are receiving from a serving. It is worth noting that BSN does at least label the caffeine content of each serving being at 270 mg. In all, an efficient ingredient profile makes up Hyper fx.

Effectiveness: As I've done with my past pre-workout reviews I will break this down into categories. I would like to note that I used two scoops of Hyper fx following my three day assessment period with the product. Therefore, the scores I gauge are based on a two scoop serving. It should be noted that one scoop may be plenty for some users, but always assess your tolerance should you feel a second scoop be needed.

Energy (10): Very good, clean, and consistent energy was always present within my workouts with hyper fx. A full 10 goes here.

Focus (9): Solid, tunnel vision-like focus was very prominent with hyper fx's usage. I consistently felt concentrated and 100% primed into my workouts for each rep and set.

Pump (5): Hyper fx lags in this area. Alone, the pumps were not very noticeable. As usual though, win I combined it with Testogen xr, my go to pump product as well as DAA-based test booster, the pumps were much better and critically felt.

Thermo Effect (7): I would say that there was indeed a good thermo effect because of the increased perspiration and body temperature I felt. I also believe that it helped me shed a little extra water weight since I felt less bloated around my mid-section area.

In all, I give hyper fx an 8 for efficacy. Great energy, focus, ad thermo suppport, but needs improvement in the pump department.

Value (9): Hyper fx is actually one of the cheaper PWOs that I've come across. I've seen it go for as low as 16.99 and as high as 25 dollars. I got my supply for 17 dollars for each tub. For the effectiveness of the product, this is a superb value.

Overall (8.5): Hyper fx was overall a terrific pre-workout that I would tie in with Lecheek's Speed X3. Which one I would recommend over the other depends on your goals. If you are looking to cut or recomp, hyper fx may be your best bet because of its thermo support to help in fat loss. If you are looking for a good general pre-workout, both would help but perhaps speed x3 would be my first recommendation mainly because it wins with its taste and because lecheek often has special promos on speed x3 such as BOGOs or holiday specials. With that said, hyper fx is still a PWO that has earned the machine stamp of approval and I would recommend giving it try.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!
  • Nice Bottle
  • Pump Factor Needs Improvement
  • Unpleasant Fizzing
tommy777
  August 16, 2013

I am a big fan of NO Xplode so when hyper came out I was pretty excited to try it! I am going to go over the things that BSN claims that HYPER should do.

Training Energy & Fat Burning(8): I thought that Hyper kicked in really fast and had pretty great energy instantly. I felt as if the boost of energy was definitely accompanied by the products thermo effects as well. I started sweating almost instantly and sweated a lot more than what I normally do.

Focus and Mental Alertness* (6-7): When taking NO Xplode I feel completely focused and locked in on the task of working out, with Hyper I did not really get much of this at all maybe for a brief period at the beginning of my workout but that was it.

Power and Endurance* (8): Hyper gave me pretty great endurance throughout my workouts. I was not getting tired in the middle of them and was actually able to knock out extra reps when I would usually be fatigued.

Pump (3-4): Hyper did not give me a pump what so ever. I had energy and could get more reps but it did not give me any extra in terms of pump then what I would get without a preworkout. If you enjoyed this product, like I did, but also love the pump you will probably need to end up adding to it, stacking it with something else.

Taste (8): I have always been a fan of blue raspberry so that is what I tried with Hyper. I really liked the taste of it and I thought the peppers added a little bite to it and you could feel them burn the top of your tongue a little bit which I did not mind. Which my opinion on the taste I do not know if you should take because I also like the taste of Blue Raspberry NO Xplode which many hate.

Value (10): This preworkout you can usually find extremely cheap I have saw it on supplementwarehouse for 14.99 and during the month of June when there was free shipping you cannot beat that price for what you get out o fit it was an amazing day.

Overall(7-8): I would recommend Hyper FX to anyone, especially because of the price. For me, when I use it I liked it better for higher intensity workouts or when I was doing uptempo cardio, due to the aspect of not giving me a pump I felt it worked great for those types of workouts.
  • Cheap
  • Crazy Sweating
WaterMelon
  November 29, 2011

For the second time I trusted a brand I thought was garbage and was punished for making this stupid mistake. (First time was Neuro core).

This product gave me bad stomach cramps EVERYTIME I used it, I was excessively sweating like CRAZY and the only buzz I got was from the 270mg of caffiene. Also very disapointed with BSN taking the easy way out on the ingredients with 'Proprietary blend"

My strength was slightly increased and pumps were not existent and sweating was just INSANE! Especially for someone that is normally completely dry in the gym.

Taste was awful, if you've tryed Cell Tech by BSN or Endo Rush its that same ultra sweet confronting berry flavour that is so intense its just awful and made me feel as if I need to drink 3 litres of water to dilute it in my stomach.

It was relatively cheap but regardless of how cheap something is, its not good value unless your getting a good product and this was not the case.

HyperFx did nothing for me and Im still trying to find a PWO superior to Jack3d...this definitely isn't it.
  • Crazy Sweating
  • Stomach Cramps
Razer
  June 30, 2015

----Introduction----
Whatsup everybody I've been training right for the last 28 months and in that time I've been experimenting with a different pre workout every month (if plausible due to limited brands). So the last time I picked up BSN Hyper fx watermelon. Although I'm not really a big fan of BSN

----Ingredient Profile----
The main focus point for some would be the lack of pump amplifiers and creatine. But for me that doesn't really matter as I prefer to take my creatine post workout. Further its mostly 3 prop blends (doesn't matter if its working).
Caffeine disclosed at 200mg per serving

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I decided to start with 1 scoop with the advised amount of water, and it mixed quite easily with almost no residue. Note - don't use a small cup or shake it as the bicarbonate would cause it to fizz out of your cup

Taste was pretty decent and kind of refreshing with ice cold water. Note - some users have complained about a slight peppery taste

----Effectiveness----
I will break this down into 3 categories
Pump
Nothing more than I would have got without using my pre (added my own agmatine from day 2 onwards)

Energy
I felt energized throughout my entire workout (Weights and cardio both). Not really a rush of energy, a more sustained wave of energy. Especially endurance wise

Focus
Full marks here, I just loved the focus I had after taking this. Even after a long day it still heightened my mood and concentration

----Value----
Basically the same price as most over here, Paid R470 for 30 servings.

----Side Effects----
Nothing really, except maybe the lack of pump (if that's your ball park)
No test boosting

----Conclusion----
I had a great time in the gym and experienced a bit of strength gains as well as fat loss, I have been in a calorie surplus of 300 per day
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Burning
  • Strength Gains
  • Energy
  • Focus
  • Endurance
  • No Pump
Eldin
  July 10, 2014

This is my second review and BSN again. It was one of my first pre-workouts. First of all I usually don't use this kind of products but my friend in supplementation store tell me to to take it and that is amassing. So i use it with BSN Cellmass. On first dose I find that is bad too bad to pay for it. So this is my score.

Profile(8/10): To much proprietary bland like all BSN products but there are some serious ingredients like DAA, BA, capsimax, caffeine. Has great potential.

Energy/Thermo(9/10): In the department of energy and thermogenic qualities, Hyper FX is weary good like Mutant Methyem. It is nice to me to hawe something what will warm me up because it is hard to me to warm up good.

Strength(8/10): This was good quality from this product, the strength and endurance was good from. Not much of the focus but it was good on reps.

Taste(3/10): Bad bad bad! It smells good bat bad taste and it stick in mouth for long time. It burns the tongue.

Mixture(5/10): Maybe it mix good in shaker but if you stick to label recommendation and mix it in glass of water its hell of event. Tu much of baubles and soup and never disintegrate completely especially that capsimax.

Value(6/10): In my coutry Hyper FX cost 43-45 euros I pay it 45 for 30 dose and that is too expensive you can take labrada super charge 50 servings for that money or SAN Launch for 35 euros 45 servings or Universal shock therapy 35 euros 42 serving.

Please notice that all i wrote above stand when I take double dose. First for trainings i did not notice any good from product so I decide to double the dose and to spend it as soon as I could. So the real value is half of 6. 15 dose for 45 euros it is steal.

Overall(3/10): Hyper FX for me is second worst product I tryed because price, one of worst est side effects stomach issues and terrible gases and for sure worst taste ewer.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Burning
  • Strength Gains
  • Endurance
  • Stomach Cramps
  • Burns Your Mouth
Iamironman
  August 11, 2012

Hyper FX is great to mix in a pre-workout drink. It has D-Aspartic Acid to give you endurance, huge pumps, and strength gains in your workout. BSN also threw in some Beta Alanine to help with muscular performance.

At $23.99 for 30 servings, Hyper FX is a good value for a good supplement. The Blue Rasberry Flavor is very tasty and mixes well.

By itself, HyperFX definitely gets you amped up and provides you with good energy and focus. You are able to maintain intensity and strength output longer on this product and your body is less vulnerable to muscular fatigue.

I mixed HyperFX with D-Pol, iSatori PWR, BSN Amino X, and NLA T-BLAST. As I stated in a previous review, I wrestle and box so I like to maintain leanness, need to recover quickly, and maintain endurance/ strength output throughout long lasting, intense workouts.

HyperFX did help me achieve and maintain my ideal physique.
Dutchblend
  February 5, 2014

After using Noxplode 2.0, Nitrix and Cell-mass stack for 2 months I was out for something new. Then I was quite happy to see this new pre-workout around the corner. Claiming to be just as effective as his big brother No-xplode so I eagerly tried this new one out. The advisement I got claimed that Hyper would give me more energy, focus, fat burning and higher testosterone levels.
Taste/Mix: (6.5/10)
After choking some awful pre-workouts down like a pro... I didn't expect this to be a pleasant trip either. I went with watermelon taste, after opening the bottle I saw no clunks and it comes with a small serving spoon. Being used to the BSN No-xplode spoon I was shocked, because that one is like 8times bigger in size.. then again so is the packing . The taste itself was alright it wasn't good.. it isn't bad either. But a bit to sour for my taste.
Energy (8/10)
With the recommend serving size for being 1 scoop, I always used between 1-2 . Hyper took me a good 15 to 30 min before I noticed any change. Sitting in the car I could clearly notice myself getting more focused. Once in the gym I felt awake and ready.
My stamina was clearly increased because where I normally struggle on does last reps. I didn't really needed to push myself now which resulted in an extra reps. Another thing I clearly noticed was no jitters from beta alanine( Regarding beta..I'm still not sure if I find this a good or bad thing ).
Strength/Focuss: (8/10)
My strength would increase because I could take a few extra kilos on the bar, the product gave me zero though! So I could go on doing multiple sets without feeling my arm locking cause of all the pump. I've used Hyper on days where I was in good shape and some on bad days. On both days I could feel hyper kicking in. It Gave me a lot more focus.
Value (4/10)
Even though this product helps improved my workout... the pricing is absolutely is what keeps me away. Hyper hardly lasted me 3 weeks. I payed around 30 euro which is the normal pricing class for most pre-workouts. There are other products on the market that give the same results but will last you longer for that price.
Overall (7/10)
Being a big fan of BSN products this is a nice addition to their line. Hyper gave me a good overall feeling. If you are looking for a product that gives you clean energy and no jitters Hyper fits the profile. It never gave me any crash but a fit feeling afterwards. The only flaw I see is the price for the amount you get. But if money is not an issue I would recommend trying this one out
sasquatch
  July 8, 2013

First review and first time using Hyper FX. I wanted to use this product as a pre-workout as I never had taken one before. Just ran out of it a little bit after a month. I also stacked this product with Amino x, syntha-6, and cellmass 2.0.

My Workout Routine-
I workout with a 3 on, 1 off format with days as; chest/tri, back/bi, legs/shoulders/traps. I am in the gym anywhere from 45-90 mins. During my use of this product I was lifting with more of a power mentality, low reps, high rest.

Diet-
When I took this product my diet consisted of high protein, low fat, high carbs. I also fasted during this time with alternating fasts. One day I would use a 18/6 fast with 2000cal and the next I would again use the 18/6 fast but with 3000cal. My eating window was from 2 til 8.

Rating-

Taste- 6/10
Blu Raz- Taste was alright as far as flavor, but it did have a energy drink after taste. I often mixed it with blue gatoraid powder because I thought it gave it a better taste. One confusing mystery was what was always left in the bottom of the cup after I drank it all. There was something that was unplesent it was almost like chunks of pepper in the product. I had often drank these chunks and when I bit them they made my tounge tingle and made it feel as if there was a little fire on my tounge.

Value-9.5/10
Very cheap compared to other similar products. I think I paid 24$ for 30 servings.

Fat Burning- n/a
I noticed after I received this product that it supports fat loss. In addition to my weight training I also run and do HIIT. My running is to stay in shape for my senior football season, it consists of various foot work drills, 40 yd dashes, and 40ydx8 shuttles. I do not feel comfortable rating this category as I ran a good hour or more after I lifted, also because of my fasts. All that said I went from 204 to 195avg lbs when I did take this product and I would say I look slightly leaner.

Effectiveness-5/10
I would have given this category a higher rating but it gave me no pump whatsoever. As it was my first time using a pr-workout, I did feel more focused than before I took this product. However it was nothing special.

Overall-6.5/10
This product simply was not what I was looking for as a pr-workout, in terms of a pump, focus, and especially the chunks of what seemed like pepper? I am happy that I experienced no side-effects at all with this product.

This product could be improved by giving it a pump like feeling and better focus. I would not use this product again for a pre-workout but might later in life as a fat burner because of its cost. As far as my strength gains with this product my bench press did go up sightly in the month I used the product from 265 to 275 and my squat went from 320 to 335.
  • Cheap
jameq
  July 2, 2013

Many of the reviewers on here don't understand the basis of BSN hyper FX. BSN essentially tried to take its successful N.O. explode formaula and turn it into a super concentrated, simplified, beginners PWO.
Mixability- 6/10: BSN is known for using sodium bicarbonte in it's products, this is an effective pH buffer to combat muscle acidosis, fatigue and cramping. the only problem with this product is it fizzes like crazy and gives a crappy after-taste. although a very effective ingredient, think its time to design a "2013" version of this century old product to help the mixability.
Taste- 8/10: besides problems listed above, flavors taste pretty good, BSN has mastered the grape and watermelon flavors.
pump- N/A: like i said before, many reviewers dont understand the concept for this product, this product is for women, beginners, people trying to HIIT athletes and people who just need a cardio lift, removing the nitrous oxide and creatine from this product removes the "pump" and strength gains so if that is what you are looking for then this product wasn't made for you
effectiveness- 8/10: in terms of energy/focus/and weight loss they did a decent job with this product and i would recommend it to people with the above listed goals,energy was clean and no crash or jitters present
overall for the money you are paying its a great value, if you are looking for a much more effective product with more energy but at twice the cost, i would recommend pharma freaks ripped freak PWO