CellMass Reviews

By: BSN

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #2 of 2 (better than 0%) in
Creatine > Ethyl Ester

CellMass is a Creatine Ethyl Ester Product manufactured by BSN. It is an ethyl ester derivative of creatine. It has been proposed to be more effective than the traditional version, though this hasn't been proven. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.
INGREDIENTS (12)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Pre-digested form of whey protein that speeds digestion and absorption by the body.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Molecule that supports ATP production in the body and increases lean body mass, strength, power, and stamina.

COMPARE SIMILAR

ThickSamoan
Rep: -8
  August 14, 2012

A little pricey but don't shy away, so worth it. Creatine works different for everyone but Cellmass works so well for me.

It is primarily creatine ethyl ester with a little glutamine for recovery support.

Directions state to take a scoop post workout then a scoop before bed or if on offdays scoop when you wake up and scoop 8 hours later.

I follow directions to a T and got some great strength and mass results.

Water Retention:
Did retain water but that translates directly to more strength, weight, and size so its all good with me

Taste:
Fruit punch tastes great, a little hard mixing but thats the nature of the creatine ethyl ester beast.

Overall 10/10
Love this product, put on great size, strength, and increased overall recovery.
  • Size Gains
StudforLife
  August 7, 2012

Love my cellmass!!! This is a staple everytime I am lifting hard or bulking. The water retention isn't too bad.

Ingredients are creatine ethylester with some glutamine and blends of other fluff for the label.

Directions say take 1 scoop post workout and one scoop before bed. I double that bad boy up to get HUUUGEEE results. This drops value as it is already expensive but otherwise I don't get the strength results that I am looking for.

Taste is amazing although it doesn't mix very well. I always go with fruit punch and actualy dont know if there is even another flavor. Creatine ethyl ester is usually very tart and bitter and they do a great job at masking that bite and it is very smooth.

Overall 10/10

favorite creatine on the market. Gets me strong, tastes great, I don't care about money and it gives me the results I am looking for. You want to pack on 8 pounds quick mostly water but you get super strong take 4 scoops a day!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Tasting
McGilla
  September 19, 2011

I feel bad giving a product this bad of a review, but here we go...

I found this product did absolutely nothing for me. Zero, zilch, nada. I never used this as a "night time" recovery, as it explains itself, but more of a postworkout, as I figure most use this. The product tasted like absolute crap(Fruit Punch), chalky, chunky water. Amongst the worst tasting supplements out there.

I found Absolutely Zero gains on this product, I also didn't retain water(bloat), so I guess that's a plus.

For comparison's sake, as a post workout supp(Not Amino/Glutamine/Creatine/whatever ingredient profile...strictly as a post WO supp), MusclePharm's Recon makes my muscles feel "full" after a workout. CellMass makes my arms feel like they are on fire. Not a good, "oh man 'feel the burn'!!!" or a Beta Alinine tingle...no, it's like someone held a lighter underneath my skin inside my muscle. Didn't hurt...just felt...awful.

I also got some mad dumps every single time I used this product. I'm talking 4 times 90 minutes after consumption. Can't imagine how I'm gonna retain much water after all that...

In terms of value, you can get Recon for practically the same price/serving ratio.

I wouldn't recommend this product to my dog, but it won another bb.com award this year...so I guess it works for some people.
 Pros:
 Cons:
    • Gave Me Bad Gas!
    • Not Sure If It Is Real At All Or Placebo
    killaz5
      June 13, 2011

now i dont think this was to bad of a product. i got two tubs of it a while back, and i finished the first one a while ago and i still have the second..

So first of all i used to take this as my creatine source and during that time i saw some pretty nice gains. never really got to bloated or anything. Now i currently take Kre-Alkalyn which i think is much beter, but ill take cell MASS on my off days jus to save myself the pills, and i think it aids in recovery pretty nice.

As for taste, i had fruit punch or whatever and i thought it was pretty good, almost refreshing after a workout or nice to sip on before bed.

for effectiveness, i gotta say not to bad, but not the greatest ive taken yet. i did see some strength gains and i have gotten a little bigger. This probobaly would have happened anyway but im sure the cell MASS helped. The best part is the recovery. deffinately speeds recovery time up nicely.

Price i honestly got this as a present so im not to sure what the price was, but im pretty sure its not to terrible.

Overall its not a bad creatine. Im sure there are better options out there, i personally am really enjoying the kre-alkalyn, but if you want slow, consistent Muscle Gains and good recovery, give it a try.
    • Tastes Very Good
    • Strength
      thekingyeti
        March 27, 2011

all right im fairly new to the site but not fairly new to exercising or cell mass for that matter. I have finished about 4 containers of this and these are my experiences/results.

Taste: to me, incredible almost refreshing after a workout,although you do have to mix vigerously to avoid powder build up in the bottom of your shaker, other then that tastes awesome. the one thing i really didnt like about it is the two servings a day training days and non-training days. if you work out late like me have one scoop after working out then 3 hours later right before you go to bed then adding your post work-out shake and your casein(if you take it) youll wake up at 5 am for a 2 min ***. you could take one in the morning and one at night but i think using at night is what its really intended for.

strength- in all honesty very little. im not going to say none because some people may swear by this product but unfortunatly not me. i found my best results came with the very first container. i did feel strength gains and put on about 4 pounds of muscle. the other 3 just seemed to be placebos.

Recovery- this is pretty much a very expensive glutamine product. you feel refreshed every morning and like some others have said you have an excellent sleep your body just feels relaxed it really helps with the soreness quite a bit.

All in all unless someone leaves a free brand new container of this on your front porch then by all means go crazy but dont go out to a GNC or a supp store and pick it up you'll most likely be let down. in canada ive seen it range between $59-$89. buy your self Con-Cret for less money and better results.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Very Good
      • Aids Recovery
      • Slow Gains
      outlawTorn
        January 8, 2011

If you're lookin to stack on pounds of Muscle and Strength, you'll be unhappy with this product, HOWEVER, it is still one of my favorite supps I've used. This post-workout creatine uses an ethyl ester instead of a monohydrate, so you don't bloat up like a balloon and pack on a bunch of useless water weight. Ethyl Esters digerst much better in the body than monohydrates, so you don't ecrete most of it all out. Effectiveness is an 8 because of the recovery and lean gains you get from this, but most bottles only come in 50 servings and you take it twice a day leaving you with 25 days of continuous use. I didn't give it an 8 overall just because the results don't appear for awhile; they're gradual, but good. CellMass is excellent for recovery. It has Beta-Alanine in it, so you'll start to feel warm and fuzzy a few mins after you drink it. Some don't like that feeling, I do personally. This stuff is taken twice a day; once immediately after workout and once 6-8 hours after/before the 1st dose keeping it in your body all day. I've heard some people even use it as a pre-workout drink, but I never have. I don't think it would give you a Drive or focus your mind like a pre-workout should; it makes me kinda sleepy, but that could just be the warm tingly feelin. You do get results in size and strength from this, but it takes a little while. The gains are more lean and permanent. The taste is acquired and make sure you mix it well. Cycle on and off this and always use a Milk Thistle supp when taking a creatine; it helps detox the liver.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decent Tasting
      • Size Gains
      • Permanent Gains
      • Slow Gains
      shinndigg

December 29, 2010

Took this alongside BSN's N.O. Xplode and Syntha-6. These were the first supplements I ever used, so this was my first creatine product. I was blown away with it by any means, but I would say that it is decent product. I did notice some strength gains while using this product, so I'm certain it contributed to that. I took one serving following my workout, then another one 6 hours later as per the label and the one thing I noticed most was the recovery after using this. It definitely delivered in that aspect, I would wake up in the morning and feel recovered with little to no soreness.

Simply put, this product mixes like crap. If you shake it, it gets to foamy, and it makes clumpy powder accumulations at the bottom of your shaker. If you stir it, you get clump powder accumulations at the bottom of your shaker. So pretty much no matter what you do, you get clump powder accumulations at the bottom of your shaker (I think I mentioned that already). Not really sure if it contributed to my size gains. I did gain 4 pounds over 2 months while using the collection of products, but I contribute that more to an improved diet more then anything, and perhaps the Syntha-6. I guess I'm just not sold that it is a decent mass gaining product, but it did help me recover well, and for that I would say it gets a considered recommendation if you want a good recovery product.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decent Tasting
      • Quick Recovery
      • Mixes Badly
      • Not Good For Mass Gains
      romanxs1
      Rep: -54
        December 23, 2010

I did take this my freshman year when I was 14, almost 15. I ran a month and a half cycle. I will try to explain my experiences with this product below.

Effectiveness 8/10: When I first started taking this product my nights became a lot better. I could sleep a lot more relaxed, even though I was under a lot of stress from power lifting competitions, school, work, church, and family/friends. I would wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world. What I noticed was I was less sore yet I was not gaining size. I did notice bodyfat going up. Towards the end of the cycle I started getting frequent head aches, even though I was drinking plenty of water. My strength only went up slightly on this cycle. I would recommend this only for recovery issues if you don't want to feel sore.

Taste 8/10: I had the grape version, tasted pretty good and mixed fairly easy.

Value 7/10: This product is a bit pricey and I would recommend it only if you need it. I didn't really have any great results. On NO-Explode I was through the roof, CellMass just helped me sleep better at night.

Would I recommend this to you? Maybe, I would say this answer is highly selective and as for me it did not do much. My diet was very good and I was at the gym 3 to 4 hours a day and destroyed my muscle parts every single time. This just helped me keep that lactic acid out of my muscles. I would say this product works great with a high quality time release protein and a test booster.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decent Tasting
      • Quick Recovery
      • Aids Recovery
      • Better Sleep At Night
      • Slightly Expensive
      • Headache Ahhh!!!
      TjMax
        December 11, 2010

I used this stuff last year for a cycle and found that it gave me some average results. I was lifting 4x weekly and stacking only my vitamins, a good diet, and loads of water.

After the cycle I saw about a 10-20% increase in my lifting. my single arm curls were up the most while bench saw the 10% gain. Like I said... average results.

Felt like I was choking it down some days and doubt I'll be going back to this stuff as I am sure there is better out there.
      Adammazda06
        December 5, 2010

Well I took a break from Kre-Alk for a while, and decided to try something different.
      Taste - I had the artic berry. When I first opened it up, it smelled like strawberry jello powder. Upon drinking it, it tastes like salty strawberry jello powder. Not exactly bazooka fruit AfterGlow, but I certainly didn't mind drinking it.
      Recovery - It was better, but not by much.
      Weight gain and Strength - Strength went up, and reps went up. 10lbs here and there for most upper body exercises, but legs jumped up as much as 50lbs on leg press. (I did focus slightly more on legs over the last month which is certainly part of that gain) I gained a solid 5lbs, with very minimal bloat. I only seem to cramp in my traps, but I only had a couple the entire month.
      Weight gain is the only thing this has over Kre-Alkalyn. Kre-Alk never put more than a couple pounds on me, but strength and endurance were better. Price wise cell mass can't touch Kre-Alk.
      Over all this is a very good product, but bang for the buck Kre-Alk still takes the cake.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decent Tasting
      • Aids Recovery
      • Slightly Expensive

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.