Home > Categories > Creatine > Ethyl Ester > BSN > CellMass > Reviews

CellMass

By BSN
CellMass BSN
6.9/10
(Weighted average based on 104 Reviews)

Ranks #7 of 8 (better than 14%)
in Creatine > Ethyl Ester
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Cellmass is a great creatine and recovery product from BSN

Cellmass is a great creatine and recovery product from BSN. I have tried Green Mag and SizeOn as well, and after being done with all 3, I decided on making CellMass the one I stuck with.

I typically take one scoop mixed with Beta Alanine intra-workout so that creatine levels are up during workout, and then I follow up my workout with one scoop of just CellMass. From this, along with a preworkout blend and different protein blends, I have added about 12lbs of lean muscle while cutting body fat as well. I cannot attribute this solely to the CellMass (as creatine does not build muscle directly, but rather indirectly by letting your muscle retain more water so that you can do a little more weight per lift and perhaps knock out another rep or two), but it being in my stack has given me the greatest results.

The taste is tolerable. None of the flavors are my favorite, but with about 6 oz of water per scoop, it definitely is not something I dread taking.

As far as price is concerned, it is a bit on the more expensive side. Each scoop is a serving, and I take 2 a day, so each tub lasts about a month. You can find it just above $30 or $31 on some wesbites, but that still is a little pricey.

I thought Green Mag was a decent product as far as the creatine intake, but I think where CellMass has Green Mag beat is the recovery part. I definitely can tell a difference in how quickly my body repairs when taking CellMass. As far as comparing it to SizeOn, size on was just entirely to sugary and had more unnecessary calories (I took the Max Performance blend). Where it did have some other benefits such as protein and other vitamins, I get those from other supplements. With that said, I think that CellMass has the best overall blend in respects to results.

One warning, as with any creatine, drink plenty of water. In between servings, I have at least 20 oz of water, and I try to load up on water throughout the day. I have heard about headaches and other issues with those not drinking enough water, so get to it on the water haha.

Overall, I recommend this product to others. It seems to have a good creatine blend as well good recovery agents in it as well.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Size Gains
  • Quick Recovery
  • Slightly Expensive

jmlstocks

Posted December 3, 2010
Good review bro! I liked reading the comparisons to the other creatines. Have you tried kre alk, if so how does it compare?

markp

I found this product great overall

Just finished my tub of cell mass today, and was overall pretty satisfied with this product. Before you read my review though, you should know that this is the first creatine product that I've taken, so bare in mind that I have nothing to compare it to. Also, I followed the directions on when to take it as well as I could, but i did forget to take my serving on multiple occasions.
Taste: 10/10
I had Arctic Berry, and the taste is phenomenal. In fact, when I first bought the tub, i would look forward to working out more just to drink some cell mass at the end.
Results: 8/10
After a week or two in, I was a little disappointed with the results I was seeing. To be honest, I wasn't sure it was working at all. But the past week and a half to two weeks, I started noticing significant gains and my self-esteem was even rising because of it. I just hope I don't lose them like some people have reported. It also reduced my recovery times dramatically.
As for value, it's a little pricey, especially when compared to other creatine products, but that's BSN for you. I can't really complain though, it works and didn't leave too big a dent in my wallet.
I found this product great overall, and don't regret buying it whatsoever. I'm not really a fan of BSN, but they have started to win me over. I would definitely buy this again.

• Amazing Taste
  • Slightly Expensive

Over all this is a very good product

Well I took a break from Kre-Alk for a while, and decided to try something different.
Taste - I had the artic berry. When I first opened it up, it smelled like strawberry jello powder. Upon drinking it, it tastes like salty strawberry jello powder. Not exactly bazooka fruit AfterGlow, but I certainly didn't mind drinking it.
Recovery - It was better, but not by much.
Weight gain and Strength - Strength went up, and reps went up. 10lbs here and there for most upper body exercises, but legs jumped up as much as 50lbs on leg press. (I did focus slightly more on legs over the last month which is certainly part of that gain) I gained a solid 5lbs, with very minimal bloat. I only seem to cramp in my traps, but I only had a couple the entire month.
Weight gain is the only thing this has over Kre-Alkalyn. Kre-Alk never put more than a couple pounds on me, but strength and endurance were better. Price wise cell mass can't touch Kre-Alk.
Over all this is a very good product, but bang for the buck Kre-Alk still takes the cake.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Tasting
  • Aids Recovery
  • Slightly Expensive

Posted December 5, 2010
I like the refrence to AfterGlow, I don't think anything will taste as good as that though!
Good review!

bristol

The taste is good

There are problems with cell mass. There are problems with the company, BSN, which in the past few years has Progressively been cheapening their products, generation by generation.

I am convinced that the current cell mass (not...

I am convinced that the current cell mass (not hte NT formula- I have not tried that) is pretty horrible. I got my hands on 3 tubs of this stuff (arctic berry flavor, if that matters) last year. I finished them all, as the directions state.

The taste is good. It mixes horribly though, leaving this gross sludge at the bottom of the cup. This is a problem for me, as cell mass is ALREADY an extremely weak formula, so I don't like that 50% of it is stuck on the bottom of the cup.

I am seasoned in supplements and working out (10 plus years, solid results). This is one of the few weakest creatine formulas I have ever taken (cell tech being the worst). The stuff did very little for me, in comparison to what xc4 or other pill form creatine ethyl esther compounds do (good ones can work wonders).

Also, this product made me feel bloated and gave me gas. Overall, a dud of a product. I would avoid. Spend your money on a creatine ethyl esther pill like kre-alkalyn or if you have the $, xc4 (by German American Technologies).

Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Very Good
  • Aids Recovery
  • Mixes Badly
  • Not Sure If It Is Real At All Or Placebo
  • Gave Me Bad Gas!

dammit

I would steer away from their creatine based products until they become legit

I regretfully bought into BSN's CellMass thinking it was this new block-buster creating that was going to change years of previous creatine usage, and it simply performed the same as regular creatine monohydrate. There is even a class action suit against BSN for using regular creatine instead of their "supposed patented" creatine ethyl malate (which according to the suit isn't even real). I will admit that this product does mix well and the taste was above average for most creatine mixed drinks so still gave it an OK overall score. While stacking this with NO XPlode and a good diet and workout routine I was able to put on ~8lbs of weight in one month but ended up losing it all after coming off the cycle. Although I would still use BSN's protein's, I would steer away from their creatine based products until they become legit. (Just google "class action suit BSN")

Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Tasting

matt77h

Posted October 20, 2009
    The stuff has given me good results. After reading this though I don't know if I should bother any longer.

StudforLife's CellMass Review

Love my cellmass!!! This is a staple everytime I am lifting hard or bulking. The water retention isn't too bad.

Ingredients are creatine ethylester with some glutamine and blends of other fluff for the label.

Directions say take 1 scoop post workout and one scoop before...

Directions say take 1 scoop post workout and one scoop before bed. I double that bad boy up to get HUUUGEEE results. This drops value as it is already expensive but otherwise I don't get the strength results that I am looking for.

Taste is amazing although it doesn't mix very well. I always go with fruit punch and actualy dont know if there is even another flavor. Creatine ethyl ester is usually very tart and bitter and they do a great job at masking that bite and it is very smooth.

Overall 10/10

favorite creatine on the market. Gets me strong, tastes great, I don't care about money and it gives me the results I am looking for. You want to pack on 8 pounds quick mostly water but you get super strong take 4 scoops a day!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Decent Tasting

shinndigg

I did notice some strength gains while using this product

Took this alongside BSN's N.O. Xplode and Syntha-6. These were the first supplements I ever used, so this was my first creatine product. I was blown away with it by any means, but I would say that it is decent product. I did notice some strength gains while using this product, so I'm certain it contributed to that. I took one serving following my workout, then another one 6 hours later as per the label and the one thing I noticed most was the recovery after using this. It definitely delivered in that aspect, I would wake up in the morning and feel recovered with little to no soreness.

Simply put, this product mixes like crap. If you shake it, it gets to foamy, and it makes clumpy powder accumulations at the bottom of your shaker. If you stir it, you get clump powder accumulations at the bottom of your shaker. So pretty much no matter what you do, you get clump powder accumulations at the bottom of your shaker (I think I mentioned that already). Not really sure if it contributed to my size gains. I did gain 4 pounds over 2 months while using the collection of products, but I contribute that more to an improved diet more then anything, and perhaps the Syntha-6. I guess I'm just not sold that it is a decent mass gaining product, but it did help me recover well, and for that I would say it gets a considered recommendation if you want a good recovery product.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Decent Tasting
    • Quick Recovery
    • Not Good For Mass Gains
    • Mixes Badly

Cray

Nice reviews.

shinndigg

Posted December 29, 2010
    Thank you kindly. Have you tried this? What were your thoughts, and do you have any suggestions for an alternative?

Cray

Posted December 29, 2010
    Nah man, I've not tried any BSN product. I found this site before I really got into supplements and got turned off pretty quick.

Posted December 29, 2010
    nice review. I am on my second tub of cell mass and have been very happy with the results. Your right that its not a weight gainer. For me it has been a great recovery though. Just a little pricey..

TjMax

I used this stuff last year for a cycle and found that it gave me some average results. I was lifting 4x weekly and stacking only my vitamins, a good diet, and loads of water.

After the cycle I saw about a 10-20% increase in my lifting. my single arm curls were up the most while bench saw the 10% gain. Like I said... average results.

Felt like I was choking it down some days and doubt I'll be going back to this stuff as I am sure there is better out there.

• Mixes Badly

Saw results but bloated and cramped ALOT

Saw results but bloated and cramped ALOT! Also a little expensive for the size but thats like most BSN products. I am also not a very big believer in creatine but i have tried CellMass and Green MAGnitude.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Tastes Very Good
    • Slightly Expensive

ThickSamoan's CellMass Review

A little pricey but don't shy away, so worth it. Creatine works different for everyone but Cellmass works so well for me.

It is primarily creatine ethyl ester with a little glutamine for recovery support.

Directions state to take a scoop post workout then a scoop before...

Directions state to take a scoop post workout then a scoop before bed or if on offdays scoop when you wake up and scoop 8 hours later.

I follow directions to a T and got some great strength and mass results.

Water Retention:
    Did retain water but that translates directly to more strength, weight, and size so its all good with me

Taste:
    Fruit punch tastes great, a little hard mixing but thats the nature of the creatine ethyl ester beast.

Overall 10/10
    Love this product, put on great size, strength, and increased overall recovery.

• Size Gains

Posted August 14, 2012
    I am going through my first tub of this stuff and I really like it so far. I upped the dosage to 1.5 scoops and 2 scoops. And generally wait until almost bedtime for the 2nd dose. I am gonna order another couple tubs.