Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Muscle Formulas > BSN > CellMass

BSN CellMass

CellMass BSN
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (104 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 69% (Ambiguous)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
SuperPump250 (250 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Reviews
MyoFusion (178 Reviews)
8.9

Products in the same category:

Cytosport Muscle Milk Reviews
Muscle Milk (113 Reviews)
ProMera Health Con-Cret Reviews
Con-Cret (64 Reviews)
USP Labs Anabolic Pump Reviews
Anabolic Pump (64 Reviews)
MuscleTech Anabolic Halo Reviews
Anabolic Halo (61 Reviews)
6.6

Related Forum Topics

New CellMass 2.0 coming soon by BSN
Earlier today I was on BSN facebook page and asked them if they were going to re...

Myoplex, CellMass, Opti-men vitamins, CLA, L-Arginine
Just got all of these and have been taking them at their recommended dosages for...

Which to buy, DrivenSports CRAZE/Sci-Fit Nitrox II or BSN CellMass/ON100%Casein.
Honestly, I'd usually never ask for supplement advice but I'm stuck on...

So what stack is better, Superpump and Size on or N.O Explode and CellMass?
Gaspari or Bsn?? Superpump and Size on or N.O Explode and Cellmass? I want a sta...

Year Old CellMass: Is it still good?
tittle pretty much explains itself. my buddy has some cell mass and its a year o...

Free BSN CellMass NT or Epozine-O2 NT!
With any Sports purchase at GNC. I went into GNC yesterday to get some protein a...

CellMass 40 Servings Fruit Punch $18.99 TODAY ONLY!
TODAY ONLY: CellMass 40 Servings Fruit Punch for only 18.99 CellMass has won th...

CellMass
Me and a friend are about to start taking this. if i workout at 11 and then agai...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

CellMass is a creatine blend created by BSN. It is a popular product that generally produces solid results. It is commonly stacked with their pre-workout, NO Xplode.

CellMass Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
CellMass Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Muscle (58)
  • Quick Recovery (57)
  • Tastes Very Good (42)
  • Decent Tasting (38)
  • Slightly Expensive (24)
  • Too Expensive (21)
  • Mixes Badly (16)
  • Not Effective (9)
December 29, 2010

Reviews: 61

Age: 23

December 29, 2010
 Took this alongside BSN's N.O. Xplode and Syntha-6. These were the first supplements I ever used, so this was my first creatine product. I was blown away with it by any means, but I would say that it is decent product. I did notice some strength gains while using this product, so I'm certain it contributed to that. I took one serving following my workout, then another one 6 hours later as per the label and the one thing I noticed most was the recovery after using this. It definitely delivered in that aspect, I would wake up in the morning and feel recovered with little to no soreness.

Simply put, this product mixes like crap. If you shake it, it gets to foamy, and it makes clumpy powder accumulations at the bottom of your shaker. If you stir it, you get clump powder accumulations at the bottom of your shaker. So pretty much no matter what you do, you get clump powder accumulations at the bottom of your shaker (I think I mentioned that already). Not really sure if it contributed to my size gains. I did gain 4 pounds over 2 months while using the collection of products, but I contribute that more to an improved diet more then anything, and perhaps the Syntha-6. I guess I'm just not sold that it is a decent mass gaining product, but it did help me recover well, and for that I would say it gets a considered recommendation if you want a good recovery product.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Tasting
  • Quick Recovery
  • Not Good For Mass Gains
  • Mixes Badly

Joined: 6/2010
Reviews: 55
Reputation: +2375
Nice reviews.

Reply #2:

Joined: 12/2010
Reviews: 61
Reputation: +1044
Thank you kindly. Have you tried this? What were your thoughts, and do you have any suggestions for an alternative?

Reply #3:

Joined: 6/2010
Reviews: 55
Reputation: +2375
Nah man, I've not tried any BSN product. I found this site before I really got into supplements and got turned off pretty quick.

Reply #4:
dreambigger
dreambigger

Joined: 1/2011
Reviews: 1
Reputation: +1
nice review. I am on my second tub of cell mass and have been very happy with the results. Your right that its not a weight gainer. For me it has been a great recovery though. Just a little pricey..

September 29, 2009

deumcole

Reviews: 106

Age: 21

September 29, 2009
 i've gone through a few jugs of this, and only really did a full cycle once. the first time i used it i didnt know that creatine made you put on weight so i cut the cycle short after on jug. then i got wise and ran a full cycle and was pleased. my strength increased steadily while on this product, even on the half cycle. the taste is great and the recovery was even better. the only problem i had was the night time dose, cuz in the middle of the night i would hafta *** like you wouldnt believe. as always drink lotsa water. it sez to consume 120 ounces, but try in get in a gallon or two just to keep you clean.
January 21, 2013

Age: 17

January 21, 2013
 I discovered CellMass after about 3 years of overall lifting, and 1 year of mass gaining. After much research and other products that seemed to have some flaws, i tried this product. This product does not make me nauseous or sick but rather helps me build size. Before I started taking it, I had not had a mass builder or creatine supplement in about 5 weeks and was getting smaller. After about the first 2 weeks, i could literally see some size coming on and gained about 5 pounds. By now, I have completed 3 full containers with full servings and went from 175 to 195 (provided I am still in my younger years and I continue to grow). Overall great product if you want to gain mass in a short amount of time!

Reputation: -1
I forgot to add that i also take BSN's N.O. XPLODE and Body Fortress's Whey Protein and nothing else. I have also noticed my mid-section getting skinnier and fat shedding off but everything else seemed to get bigger.

Reply #2:
dakenster19
dakenster19

Joined: 2/2013
Reputation: 0
Hi i noticed cell mass says wait 30 minutes after takeing until you consume any shake or food. With mass gaining wouldnt you want your shake right after workout? If so does it really matter if you take the protein right after the cell mass?

Reply #3:

Reputation: -1
Well that's a good question. I've always been told and I also have come to believe it myself that after your workout, there is about a 30 minute window to where your protein suppliment is as effective. For me, I take CellMass ASAP after my workout then 25-30 minutes later I down my shake. So to me, if what others have said about this window are true, it works just as good to take your protein a little longer after you workout. Also, I think the reason you aren't supposed to take creatine on a full stomach is because it takes longer to "take effect" and I have noticed that it keeps me awake later than i want, but if you want to have a little more energy throughout then night then I don't see anything wrong with it.

Reply #4:

Reputation: -1
Also, if you want to build mass then whatever suppliment you think helps you better, take it first. This is just the way I take my suppliments but everybody is different after all!

August 16, 2012

trex1812

Reviews: 4

Age: 28

August 16, 2012
 I've been lifting for 6 years I've taken other creatines I didn't like the bloating I got and the amount I had to drink. Then my friend told me about cell mass. I love the artic berry blast I like that u only have to use 4to6 oz of water. After the first week I feel solid tight hard my muscles feel fuller u can really tell when it starts wrking. I def get good strength gains while I'm on it.I also don't get as sore and I wrkout really hard it really helps wit recovery. I noticed that I use two scoops per serving one scoop just don't cut it for me. Cell mass is a part of my cycle all the time I use it for a solid 10weeks and come off it for 4weeks. I love it and would recommend it to anyone and for u guys saying its expensive ur buying it the wrong place I wrk at dps nutrition. Go on their web site everything is so much cheaper there I promise
  • Tastes Very Good
  • Strength
  • Amazing Taste
  • Size Gains
  • I Have Nothing Bad To Say
August 14, 2012

ThickSamoan

Reviews: 5

Age: 42

August 14, 2012
 A little pricey but don't shy away, so worth it. Creatine works different for everyone but Cellmass works so well for me.

It is primarily creatine ethyl ester with a little glutamine for recovery support.

Directions state to take a scoop post workout then a scoop before bed or if on offdays scoop when you wake up and scoop 8 hours later.

I follow directions to a T and got some great strength and mass results.

Water Retention:
Did retain water but that translates directly to more strength, weight, and size so its all good with me

Taste:
Fruit punch tastes great, a little hard mixing but thats the nature of the creatine ethyl ester beast.

Overall 10/10
Love this product, put on great size, strength, and increased overall recovery.
MrAppleman
MrAppleman

Joined: 11/2011
Reviews: 30
Reputation: +475
I am going through my first tub of this stuff and I really like it so far. I upped the dosage to 1.5 scoops and 2 scoops. And generally wait until almost bedtime for the 2nd dose. I am gonna order another couple tubs.

August 9, 2012

pumpitup

Age: 22

August 9, 2012
 I've never done creatine before and get to the gym about 3-4 times a week. I take this when i get home then half an hour later take a protein shake. I can honestly say that Within 3 weeks by bench jumped 5-10kgs and every exercise jumped accordingly. I thought maybe it was a placebo effect but there is no doubt my biceps are much bigger... Maybe it's not for everyone but I can recommend it despite it's price.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Tasting
August 7, 2012

StudforLife

Reviews: 1

Age: 25

August 7, 2012
 Love my cellmass!!! This is a staple everytime I am lifting hard or bulking. The water retention isn't too bad.

Ingredients are creatine ethylester with some glutamine and blends of other fluff for the label.

Directions say take 1 scoop post workout and one scoop before bed. I double that bad boy up to get HUUUGEEE results. This drops value as it is already expensive but otherwise I don't get the strength results that I am looking for.

Taste is amazing although it doesn't mix very well. I always go with fruit punch and actualy dont know if there is even another flavor. Creatine ethyl ester is usually very tart and bitter and they do a great job at masking that bite and it is very smooth.

Overall 10/10

favorite creatine on the market. Gets me strong, tastes great, I don't care about money and it gives me the results I am looking for. You want to pack on 8 pounds quick mostly water but you get super strong take 4 scoops a day!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Tasting
August 6, 2012

fgonza01

Reviews: 6

Age: 21

August 6, 2012
 gat jetfuel pwo (great by the way)
pink m 50 cheapest price at vitamin shoppe discontinued product.
whey prot bodyfortress
fish 1000 nature way riteaid 2 for 1
multi rite aid brand 2 for 1
this and the pink magic def made my bench go up in idk. 3-4 weeks. 225 reps now 250-260 reps. 50 servings. 25 if 2 servings day liek label says. fruit punhc tastes horrible had to keep dilluting it to taste good.
i am TRYINg to lean out butif i was bulking than definitly my numbers would have been higher. =)35$ vitamin shoppe. but iv movin on boys to see what other post workouts can do for my mucle image. does make you sleepy. so dont take if your about to work youll be drowsy. youll be thirsty. umm.. and youll be in the cool club because youre taking it.
AS79
AS79

Joined: 6/2011
Reputation: +1348
I am not sure there is a comprehendable sentence in this entire review.

July 6, 2012

LoveMySupps

Reviews: 7

Age: 28

July 6, 2012
 Value is about 35 bucks for 20 servings. There are 40 scoops per container but you are supposed to take it twice a day (once post workout and once per bed and on off days immediately waking up then before bed or 6 hours apart

Ingredients:
This is primarily creatine ethyl ester. Ethyl Ester makes me almost as bloated as monohydrate but it is nonetheless incredibly effective. There is also some low dose aminos and glutamine in the formula

Taste: 10/10
Artic Berry is great. Mixology is pretty poor but that can be expected with ethyl ester creatines.

I got so strong and big while taking this. I hate gaining water weight but my deadlift and bench went up so much it didn't matter.

Sides:
Bloating and people tell me its not correlated but I swear I get acne from creatine.

Overall 9/10
This is probably my favorite creatine drink out. I would give 10 if there was a full amount of BCAA and support ingredients and the product disclosed exactly how much of each ingredient is in it. Solid Product!
May 27, 2012

DruMatic151

Reviews: 4

Age: 30

May 27, 2012
 Love this product!! My recoveries are very fast,im doing a 3 day split and trying to build mass and my recoveries are so good that im thinking about working out 4 to 5 times a week instead of 3.But building mass is all about giving those muscles more time to rest.Cellmass is extremely effective and perfect for those who wanna hit the gym 4 to 5 times a week.my muscles are never sore the day after my workout and my workouts are intense!!my muscles feel fuller,My strength increased,and i gained an average of an 1/4 inch in overall muscle size.It doesnt mixes all that well but it taste great!! A lil expensive but truely worth every penny.Im on my second tub now and when I cycle off of it for a month, I will be on my third. Great job BSN!!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great For Mass Gaining
  • Size Gains
  • Amazing Taste
  • Strength
  • Aids Recovery
  • Tastes Very Good
  • Quick Recovery
  • Wish They Made A Bigger Tub
BEEKLO
BEEKLO

Joined: 7/2012
Reputation: 0
If your muscles ARE NOT SORE a day after you "work-out". Then you really did not "work-out".

Have you used CellMass? Submit your own Review!

Tags: cell mass, cell-mass