Home > Categories > Amino Acids > BCAA > BSN > Amino X

BSN Amino X

Amino X BSN
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (36 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Amino Tone Reviews
Amino Tone (17 Reviews)
360Cut 360Intra Reviews
360Intra (6 Reviews)
MuscleBasix AminoBasix Reviews
AminoBasix (9 Reviews)
SciVation Xtend Reviews
Xtend (112 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

USP Labs Modern BCAA Reviews
Modern BCAA (77 Reviews)
8.9
Optimum BCAA 5000 Powder Reviews
BCAA 5000 Powder (14 Reviews)
ALRI Chaind Out Reviews
Chaind Out (13 Reviews)
Universal Animal Nitro Reviews
Animal Nitro (12 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Amino X Triple Threat Stack (Limited Edition Combo) $16.99
Hey Gang, I think this is nice deal from Nutraplanet, perfect for someone who wa...

New Amino product from BSN - Amino X
just saw at muscular and strength page so i decided to post here: "In addi...

Amino X by BSN
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but I just saw on BSN facebook p...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Amino X Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Amino X Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Mixes Easy (29)
  • Tastes Great (23)
  • Improves Recovery (18)
  • Effective (17)
  • Prop Blendz!!!!! (6)
  • Little Too Carbonated (6)
  • Price (5)
  • Very Carbonated (5)
March 10, 2013

Reviews: 79

Age: 23

March 10, 2013
 Hey guys, here is a product I have used in the past, and since I finally have the time to write a review, I might as well do one that is overlooked. This will be a simple review.

Amino X is a BSN product. I typically stay way from BSN, unless I'm in the mood for Syntha 6. This is supposed to be taken pre, post or intra.

Dosing:(10/10)
I used 1 scoop intra every time. Can't mess this up.

Taste/Mix.:(8.5/10)
The taste is not bad. I have only used the fruit punch flavor, and had no problems with it. Not really smooth, and I didn't look forward to drinking it, but it still went down easy. Mixability was solid, no clumps and semi-mild foam.

Ingredient Profile:
The biggest problem BSN has is that they use proprietary blends. The 10 gram Amino blend consists of Leucine, IsoL, Valine, Citrulline, Taurine, and Alanine. Although it is in a blend, it looks like the ingredients are decently dosed. There is also a blend with Malic acid and Citric acid. I wish they would show the ratios, but this is what you get when big companies make over-hyped products.

Effectiveness:(8.5/10)
I found this to be a very solid intra. Works just like many other BCAA products. I noticed increased endurance and fast between set recovery. Always kept me going. Can't say that it helped me recover faster the day after however. This was not as good as Cellucor BCAA or MBCAA by any means(in terms off off day recovery and workout performance), but it def. gets the job done. Not much more to say.

Value:(9/10)
You can get this for under $20 on some websites. For 30 workouts, this is a pretty good deal imo. I would buy this if I didn't have the money for MBCAA or Cell BCAA

Overall:(8.7/10)
I enjoyed using Amino X. Always got the job done, and although it is not perfect, it is def. worth the price. If you can get over prop. blends and mediocre taste, this product could honestly be a staple.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • Value
  • Mixes Easy
  • Effective
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Prop Blend
  • Taste Is Alright
  • Soy Lecithin

Joined: 9/2012
Reviews: 25
Reputation: +330
Great review man. This stuff always tasted like pop to me.

Mooselini
Mooselini

Joined: 10/2010
Reviews: 28
Reputation: +2203
good review clip, i threw this in my shaker one time and lets just say it was like a grenade going off lol

Reply #3:

Joined: 8/2010
Reviews: 37
Reputation: +1228
Nice review

I am currently using this now intra

The prop blends are supp companies protection of their product , that's all.

Reply #4:

Joined: 1/2012
Reviews: 79
Reputation: +2320
Yeah I know that some companies need prop. blends, but on a product with very few/simple ingredients, I'd rather know how much of each I'm getting.

Reply #5:
sdunlimited
sdunlimited

Joined: 1/2013
Reviews: 29
Reputation: +1066
Very few and/or simple ingredients = easy to duplicate = proprietary blend for (hopeful) protection.
Natural ingredients like aminos can't be patented so if this product knocked it out of the park and it clearly showed gram for gram what's in it, everybody would run out and make their own version ASAP.

Good straight-up review. Like you said, less than $20 for 30 workouts? That's a deal

Reply #6:

jmyers

Joined: 8/2012
Reviews: 0
Reputation: +5
Great review bro. @ Mooselini I did the same thing the first time I used this and I was in my truck driving to the gym and it exploded everywhere. Lets just say I spent the next 15 mins. cleaning the inside of my truck.

Reply #9:
cssrss
cssrss

Joined: 2/2013
Reviews: 12
Reputation: +114
Great review man! I just picked up a tub for $15 today and looking forward to trying it out.

March 7, 2014

Total Carbohydrate <1g <1
Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol) 500IU 125%
Sodium 160mg 7%
Anabolic Amino Acid Interfusion 10g
[L-Leucine (Micronized), L-Valine (Micronized), L-Isoleucine (Micronized)], L-Alanine, Taurine (Micronized), L-Citrulline (Micronized)
Efforsorb EnDura Composite 2g
Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate And Cholecalciferol

The Vitamin D in this product was a nice surprise which initially held me back from purchasing it. After some consideration I decided to go for it as living in Maryland during this winter, I definitely did not get enough Vitamin D naturally.

Mixability: 9/10
This product mixed extremely well with a standard blender bottle. I rarely saw foam like I encountered with Aminolast, which quite honestly a nice surprise as I was expecting a foamy product based on memories on NO Xplode. The only reason this didn't score a 10 was the carbonation. While I really enjoyed the unique taste carbonation gave, popping open the lid meant some literal pops. I once opened it at practice and it sounded like a shotgun. Other than the popping and the little gust of air and droplets it sometimes shot in my face, I was pleased.

Taste: 10/10
I'm not typically a fan of BSN flavoring. Old memories of NO Xplode (both the original and 2.0) and Hyper FX samples have just left a bad taste in my mouth. With this in mind I went into this tub with an extreme bias and expected to hate it, but I was proven wrong. The fruit punch flavor tasted like Minute Maid fruit punch to me, which I love.

How I used it: After finishing a tub of Gaspari's Aminolast, I picked up some Amino X on a whim because I found it for dirt cheap. I dosed the product at 1 scoop intraworkout for easier gym days. I dosed it at 2 scoops on heavier days like leg day or days when I just wasn't feeling it. As I went through the tub I used 2 scoops much more often. I also used it during off days when I needed something to flavor my water or was really sore.

Effectiveness/Results: 9/10
I felt great while using this product. When used intraworkout I felt I had better endurance. Taking this product during a cut, I was also supplementing with BCAAs to minimize muscle loss and being near the end of my cut I can safely say, I lost very little muscle and maintained my strength throughout the workouts.

Value: 8.5/10
I personally found this product on Amazon for around 25 USD shipped (to be fair I did use a 5$ gift card on Amazon but this was also the best buy on Amazon at the time of my purchase). For 70 servings, or in my case about 45 workouts, I found this to be unbeatable. As of this review, Amino X can be picked up for about 40 USD plus shipping at most places, which for 70 servings is not too bad. Still, there are a few other products on the market with slightly better cost per serving ratios.

This was just a solid product from BSN. I went in expecting the worst and got the best. Amino X won me over, plain and simple. Recovery and muscle retention were on point with other BCAA products and the taste was great. Amino X is definitely a top contender in the BCAA market.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Good Ratio
  • Effective
  • Improves Recovery
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Good Price
brenth6112
brenth6112

Joined: 12/2012
Reviews: 17
Reputation: +446
Solid review right here man. Might have to try this one out.

February 24, 2014

Rammpage

Reviews: 3

Age: 29

February 24, 2014
Finished 3 tubs of this stuff

Sugar Free, 10g's of Amino Acids per serving, zero caffeine

I bought this stuff 2 years ago to try out as my first intra work out. i was comparing products and was a little short on cash at the time and it was a toss up between this and ON Amino Energy. BSN claims on the tub that it supports Endurance, Muscle Sparing, Muscle Protein Synthesis, and recovery from training sessions... im going to rate the whole product on a 1-10 scale and give it a 7 only for the simple fact that every time i use it im up every hour on the hour having to pee and it seems like more goes out than what goes in!

of course after working out i was sore, its not going to magically make you not sore! but i was only hurting for about 2 days drinking 2 of these a day, it could just be me though

as for all the other stuff written on the tub, i really have no idea how to rate it, everyones body is different.

the taste is a 10, i got the watermelon flavor, and it tastes great, no after taste either, and it doesnt get you jittery so you can take it along side a pre workout with out feeling like your heart is going to explode..

IMO the ON Amino Energy is the way to go, especially if you forget to take your Prework out like ive done a few times, it gives you the energy to power through a work out, and your not up all night running to the bathroom to take a leak

Pros:
Cons:
  • Price
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Improves Recovery
  • Makes You Have To Go
September 27, 2013

tiktik

Reviews: 8

Age: 27

September 27, 2013
Shake shake, BAM!! In the face.

Yo Ho!! Tiktik here with yet Another BCAA reviews.

Why BCAA's? again Ill stress out the captivating qualities that lies in these suckers in general.
Muscle preservation, muscle builiding stimulator (not to the extent of anabolics of course), improve recovery/soreness, and for leucine specifically, the ability to push the body into ketosis quicker.

Between uses for bulking/cutting, BCAA in general have its place.

So, on to the goods. BSN Amino X. Ill be honest, the first BSN product I had as a highschooler was the Original N.O. Xplode, the feelings I got from those got me a little bias over the years, but that that bias is now deadened, I have been enlightened, and so now I approach this with a much more subjective views.

I've taken Betancourt's Pure-amino, Axis lab ngage,
and countless samples of BCAA's. As I am an avid user, in general I can tell what distinguish one BCAA products from another. (like an addict who can tell mixes stuff from pure stuff XD)

Features to look for: Recovery time, soreness the next day, endurance while lifting/ running, strength retention/drop off during calorie deficit diets.

To the Labels: BSN is a big Proprietary blend fan so the general numbers are as follows.

Serving size: 1 scoop, 30 servings per 15 ounce container.

Less than 1g carbs per scoop, with addition of vitamin d and sodium.

Amino acid profiles: 10g in Proprietary blend

Efforsorb Endura Composite : 2g
Citric acid,
Malic acid
Sodium Bicarbonate
and Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D)

Mixability: 5/10 This is the only real issue I have with Amino-x, it mixes very well in water, not a problem, but the main concern is the carbonation and pressure build up effect. In an el cheapo shaker, the pressure can build up to a point where the cap literally pop off, and on almost every occasion, this happened to me.

First time it happened, okay, just gotta be careful, second time it happens, okay maybe I got to shake then relieve pressure.

And when you have to do this for about 15-20 more times, it gets very annoying very quickly.

Especially when you throw in 2 scoops on leg/deadlift day.

Effectiveness: 7/10 Increase recovery, decrease soreness, muscle preservation. All there, but nothing spectacular, it works just nothing special and nothing truly noteworthy.

Taste: Solid 8/10
Blue razz was the first tub I used, little tangy, not too overly sweet, very pleasant to sip on throughout the workout.
Watermelon was another one I got. Very tangy, little sweet mix with sour but nothing unpleasant.

Value: 8.5/10
I got a full 30 serving tub for 20 bucks the first time. 15 for the second tub in a local shop. Lockout has it for about 18.

comes to a little over 50 cents a serving. Solid price if you can bear the carbonation effects.

Good stuff, solid, nothing truly special, nothing horrendous either aside from the boom in the face effect from shaking in a cheap shaker.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Improves Recovery
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Little Too Carbonated
  • Prop Blendz!!!!!
September 7, 2013

MrBraddock91

Reviews: 6

Age: 35

September 7, 2013
Amino X

I made it through 3 bottles until I noticed any Sides. 2 bottles of the watermelon flavor and I loved it. Tastes great and recovery was amazing. Slight strength increase as well. Changed to the Fruit Punch flavor and I'm not sure what happened. Maybe I got a bad bottle, but my body didn't like it at all. Bad digestion issues and a very strange tingling feeling in my hands and face. So, unfortunately, I stopped talking it.
I really think I just got a bad batch or something because the watermelon flavor worked well.

A guy at my gym also said that he had issues with this. Said he had a possible allergic reaction to it that left him with hives and itching all over his body.

Take with caution!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Possible Allergic Reaction
September 1, 2013

Reviews: 34

Age: 26

September 1, 2013
Definitely the sweetest Amino product I've ever had

First a huge thanks to Eric Hart from BSN for giving me the opportunity to run this awesome tasting Amino Product, in my opinion its the best tasting one out there. Lets get into the review.

Taste varies. I was given a container of Watermelon and Blue Razz and the last time I dealt with Eric he also sent me several samples of their Fruit Punch flavor. Watermelon and Fruit punch are both high up there with a rating of 9.5/10 for Fruit Punch and 9/10 for Watermelon. Their Blue Razz dropped a bit to 8/10 but is still really good. I think what I loved so much about this product is that its just so darn good tasting. Most Amino products have flavor, and they usually taste great, but the flavor isn't very strong, AminoX has a VERY strong flavor, very sweet. They recommend 6oz of water but 5oz gave it the best flavor in my opinion, I really love that its only 4-6oz of water however, making this something I can drink before a workout or before bed if I wanted without having to go to the bathroom halfway through. And an added bonus, is it tastes carbonated, you can hear it when you open your blender bottle as well.

One thing I wanted to talk about, I saw someones review or them just talking about a long time ago, they mentioned it was far too sweet for their taste so they used 12oz (or was it 16?) of water instead of the 6-8 and they felt it was perfect after that. I decided to do the same thing with 12oz to let you know how it is. I figured it would taste extremely watered down but I gotta admit, the taste wasn't bad at all. It kind of reminded me of RecoverPro, remember how the taste was good but not extremely strong? That's exactly how this was, which I feel is a real plus, not only for people who simply think its too sweet as is, but also for those of us who drink something non stop in the gym, this will make it last a lot longer.

Mixability 10/10 how can you give anything less than perfect when it starts dissolving immediately? Two small shakes and your done, its that simple. No settling, no foaming, no clumps of anything, simply no problems.

Effectiveness 6.5/10 I liked to drink 1 or 2 servings right after my preworkout to help fuel my muscles during my routine. I felt doing this helped a bit with endurance. While I was still very sore the next day, I noticed the soreness didn't last as long so there was a nice little plus for me. The benefits seems to pick up as I went further through the containers though. On rest days I would just use it before bed if I didnt drink protein, or I would drink it right away in the morning as soon as I rolled out of bed.

After I ran out of my other Amino products I started adding 2 scoops to 20oz of water to sip through my workout on days that wasn't too intense. Real intense days I would add 3 scoops to 20oz and it worked great.

Value 7/10 I think this isn't a bad price at all...if you're using one scoop a day, 2 or even 3 scoops and it gets pricey. I do love this product and will continue to use it. You can find this on AllStarHealth.com for about $16 so you get each serving for roughly $0.53. Of course if you're like me and you like to take more than one scoop than obviously it lowers the value quite a bit, but I still think its perfect as a before bed/workout supp.

Profile 7/10 One 14.5g scoop of this will give you
Carbs <1g
Vitamin D 500IU
Sodium 160mg
-Amino Acid Interfusion- 10g
Micronized BCAA Blend (Leucin, Isoleucine, and Valine), L-Alanine, Micronized Taurine, Micronized L-Citrulline.
-Efforsorb EnDura Composite- 2g
Citric Acid, Malic ACid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cholecalciferol.

So in my opinion this is a pretty good profile, unfortunately we have no idea about any levels since, as always, its a prop blend. In my opinion it could use some glutamine but it still does a decent job.

Bottom line: I recommend this product. Yes yes I know, big shock that Im recommending another BSN product, but what can I say, it works, it tastes great, and its not overly expensive.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Price
  • Carbonated
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Improves Recovery
  • Effective
  • Good Ratio
  • No Glutamine
  • Pricey If Double Scoop
Daloof911
Daloof911

Joined: 6/2012
Reviews: 26
Reputation: +477
good review. I've had a few samples and it tasted so good that I almost bought a tub so I could drink some throughout the day.

Joined: 11/2011
Reviews: 34
Reputation: +405
Thats how I started as well lol. You should definitely give it a tubs try, I know I plan to buy some after I try out a tub of MBCAA

July 18, 2013

sasquatch

Reviews: 3

Age: 16

July 18, 2013
Excellent source and ease of use, can be pricey for BCAA.

Got this product as a part of a BSN stack from bodybuilding.com. I stacked this product with Cellmass 2.0, Hyper FX, and Syntha-6. This product is effective stacked, but can be a bit pricy for such little amount of servings when pill-form BCAA are quite cheap. Ingredient Profile-
Serving Size: 1 scoop (14.5g)
Servings per container: 30 (435g)
<1g carb, 160mg Sodium, 500IU Vitamin D 10g
amino acids A big plus to this product was that it
was sugar and calorie free
Amino Acid Interfusion: 10g
Micronized BCAA Blend (L-Leucine, L-Valine,
L-Isoleucine), L-Alanine, Micronized Taurine,
Micronized L-Citrulline
Efforsorb EnDura Composite: 2g
Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, and
Cholecalciferol
Taste/Mixability- 8.5/10
This product was a fine powder and mixed with
amazing ease. The taste was a bit off for me but was
completely manageable. It didn’t taste
overwhelmingly sweet which was a big plus.
Value- 6.5/10
I felt like the price is a bit off when BCAA tablets are
much, much cheaper.
Recovery- 7.5/10
I didn’t’ feel any major recovery benefits, but when I
used this product my soreness was less than usual
which did allow me to hit the weights harder.
Endurance- 8/10
I usually did cardio after lifting which is when I took
this supplement. I was able to push through my
cardio session with the tank still half full at the end
of it. I tired less with this supplement, then without
it.
Performance/Strength- 9/10
Amino acids are the building blocks to building
muscle and with this supplement it definitely gets
the job done and does it well. All of my core lifts
shot up in their max, but don’t forget I also stacked
it with other products.
Overall- 9/10
I really liked this product. It was convenient, easy to
use, and offered a wide range of benefits. I had no
side effects and loved everything it did for me. I will
definitely use this product again, but the .price might
keep me away from it for a while when other forms of
BCAA are much cheaper
Pros:
Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Effective
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Taste Is Alright
  • Price
July 11, 2013

Spartan8

Reviews: 1

Age: 21

July 11, 2013
BSN Amino X review

This is my first review, so please bear with me for any mistakes and my writing. English is not my first language, but I will try to write proper english as much as possible.

So Amino X is BSN product. I personally don't like BSN products. But Amino X is exception, because really works as they say.

Effectiveness(9/10): I was surprised positively above this product. It gave me muscle endurance, and recovery was really good. My workouts start to improve when I was useing this product. I don't have nothing negative to say about effectiveness. It really give you what it says.

Taste (9/10): I had fruit punch and it tested good. I personally don't like fruit punch flavor. But BSN Amino x fruit punch flavor tested like flavor from bubble gums(Hubba Bubba). I recommend this flavor.

Mix(10/10): Mixing is excellently and I have no remarks here.

Price/value(8/10): Price is good. Not to high. It is just right at the point. I saw a lot more expensive products, that were offering much less. So from price point it is good investment. Only problem that I experienced is that this product is hard to get.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Effective
  • Improves Recovery
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Fruit Punch
    June 14, 2013

metalhead

Reviews: 11

Age: 36

June 14, 2013
    Solid BCAA/EAA product with the best possible taste

Now that I have tried many (and reviewed several) bcaa products, it's time to do a write up on BSN's Amino-X. I am not a huge fan of their other products but with Amino-X they have hit the spot.

Taste/mixability (10/10)In my opinion, it is the best tasting amino-acid product you can get. I have had several containers of green apple and watermelon and both taste great. Green apple has a hint of apple pie, but nonetheless tastes pretty natural, whereas watermelon is very refreshing, like an actual slice of watermelon. I also had a sample of the fruit punch flavor and liket that as well. Mixability is great, too. Some will argue that taste/mixability is secondary when it comes to bcaas and in one way they are right. However, when you consume your bcaas intra-workout several times each week, than it is a big plus if you don't get tired of the taste (or have to deal with lumps of undissolved aminos). The new Xtend, for example, tastes way too sweet in my book and Modern Bcaa quite bland in comparison. Amino-X, at least when mixed with a bit more water than recommended resembles flavored water, not overpowering at all and I didn't experience any bitterness, either. But when you are into super-sweet tastes than this might not be the best option for you.

Effectiveness/Ingredients (8/10) Amino-X does what it is supposed to do, it reduces recovery-time and soreness the day after your workout. Nothing miraculous but a good choice for every serious athlete. I have deducted one point for the propriarity blend, which is plain unnecessary because I am sure the profile is decent. Yet, I like to know exactly what I take. Another advantage is that I never experienced any stomach problems despite being quite sensitivein this regard.

Value (9/10): For what you get and the fact that you only need 13g/serving I find you get a decent value. You have to pay around 60c per serving which is not bad, at all. There might be cheaper options out there, but then you might have to compronise on the tasete,mixability, etc.

As long as they keep the formula as it is, I will keep on buying Amino-X for my intra-workout needs.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Mixes Easy
    • Tastes Great
    • Effective
    • Improves Recovery
    • Prop Blendz!!!!!
    June 12, 2013

Reviews: 7

Age: 28

June 12, 2013
    AminoX is quality

First off I bought AminoX because it was one of the BCAAs I found without caffeine. I have ON AminoEnergy at the house, but I enjoy taking that in the morning when I wake up. It's way cheaper than buying a energy drink every day and it's probably better for my body.

AminoX at first to me was weird because of the way it bubbled up. But after the first few days of taking it in the afternoon after my work out, I noticed it working. My recovery has been solid every single time. I take it after my protein shake to ensure I'm getting the proper amounts of BCAAs.

This product does not cause any stomach problems for me. Most products in some way or another impact my stomach in a negative fashion. The first can of AminoX was very savory.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • On Sale
    • Mixes Easy
    • Tastes Great
    • Effective
    • Improves Recovery
    • Fruit Punch

Joined: 9/2012
    Reviews: 25
    Reputation: +330
    8 & 7 = 10???

Joined: 5/2013
    Reviews: 7
    Reputation: -36
    In reality I made an error on that part. The product is solid, I found it on sale and had it price matched at GNC. The value side should have probably been a 10 also.

Have you used Amino X? Submit your own Review!