Amino X Reviews

By: BSN

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #22 of 107 (better than 80%) in
Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Amino X is a BCAA manufactured by BSN. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
INGREDIENTS (12)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
1103mg

One of the 3 branched chain amino acids that help stimulate muscle protein synthesis and glucose uptake.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
3266mg

Non-essential amino acid that supports muscle protein synthesis, immune system functioning and optimal kidney functioning.

COMPARE SIMILAR

MarHoopstar
  July 31, 2015

----Introduction----
6'1, 194-199 lbs .. Basketball player (Middle School-HS, & Military Base Teams,Adult leagues) . Graveyard shift (12-8am) squeeze in gym right after work or after a 3 hour nap, diet is def on the go style, not up to par where it should be but i avoid McDs/BK/etc. 1st thoughts on AminoX was obviously the loud bottle & Label (good marketing) and im always lookig for input on supps before i try em for myself, leading me here.

----Ingredient Profile----
10G of "Anabolic Amino Acid Interfusion" . i hate these type of blends (proprietary) as you never know how much of what youre getting but im open to trying and seeing for myself, plus, pretty good reviews.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste (Watermelon) is AMAZING, just like a Watermelon Jolly Rancher, each scoop calls for 6-8oz of cold water but thats super sweet, i like to make it stretch with the full 20oz of my shaker and its actually perfectly flavored, completely mixes after a few shakes. I think this is definitely its strongest aspect. Smooth drink, not carbonated, like a healthy kool-aid

----Effectiveness----
Recovery was avg. Typical recovery time for legs (4-5 days). So if anything, was more as a protein synthesizer than an on the spot recovery formula

----Value----
one of the best values as one scoop goes a long way with effective taste, as to where others when you add water, the flavor really dilutes.
Under $20 most places before shipping and etc. But you can usually get a deal for a bigger container or free or discounted stuff with it

----Side Effects----
None whatsoever, if anything, an "MMMM!" upon tasting, and wanting to drink the stuff all the damn time

----Conclusion----
I keep this stocked up along with others that im trying, its like an every day drink (Kool-aid) great for a sweet tooth if you have trouble giving in to soda, and juices very good pricing if anything i doubt the amount of BCAAs individually in the prop. blend but its effective enough to keep me buying. would recommend of flavor is a big thing to you
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Good Price
  • Watermelon
  • Prop Blendz!!!!!
  • No Glutamine
bigmike828
  April 22, 2015

----Introduction----
This is my first post on this site. I'm 32 years old, vegan, 6'5'', 215lbs and played sports growing up (basketball, baseball, volleyball). But after graduating high school and later getting married, I've managed to pack on some weight. I have been trying to lose fat/gain muscle over the last 8 years but hadn't found a workout program I loved enough to stick with. I tried weight lifting but didn't really see the benefit long enough to keep doing it. However, 3 months ago, I started doing CrossFit and have been consistently doing it (and seeing some great results) ever since.

I came across SR by doing some research on Muscle Warfare products. I recently won a "caption this photo" contest - my first online contest win EVER - and was told I'd be receiving a few Muscle Warfare products.

Before I take any new product, I will spend hours watching online reviews, reading ingredients, and doing my research. I like knowing what goes into my body rather than trusting supplement companies to tell me the truth.

----Ingredient Profile----
I am new to taking BCAA supplements, let alone any product for that matter (other than plant-based protein), but have instantly grown to love BSN's Amino X. I've been taking this product for 1 month now and can already feel an endurance boost and shorter recovery time than ever before. I don't know much about L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine so I really can't give an educated opinion on which ratio is best for muscle growth, endurance, and recovery. All I know is that for me, this product really works.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
After just a few shakes, this product is well-mixed. Amino X is effervescent (shake it up and it creates pressure) so be sure to open your shaker a few times while shaking to relieve the pressure. IMO the best flavor is grape. You can add one scoop to 20 ounces of water and the flavor is still strong. Green Apple and Watermelon have good flavors too but you can't use as much water - 10 ounces max before they taste diluted.

----Effectiveness----
I started taking this product one month ago and within 2 weeks I already felt good results. I have noticed I can endure the pain a little longer than ever before (which tremendously helps with CrossFit) and that I'm not as sore the next few days after a hard work out.

----Value----
I found a website that sells this product for $15.25 (30 servings) by using a 10% off coupon. I have purchased Grape, Green Apple, and Watermelon flavors. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to drop other website names in yet so I will hold off telling the website where I buy my Amino X.

----Side Effects----
So far I haven't noticed any side effects but will update my post if I do.

----Conclusion----
Overall, I think this is a great product and I will keep taking it as my go-to BCAA product. I enjoy the flavors, it mixes well, and I'm noticed results even after only 2 weeks of use.

----Where to Buy----
I purchase my Amino X from eSupplements.com. I use the coupon ESUPSD10 for 10% off. This website sells the cheapest Amino X I've found. I've used that code 3 times over the last 2 months (bought 3, 30 serving containers) and it has worked every time. Their return policy is amazing too!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Price
  • Decent Taste
  • Value
  • No Glutamine
  • Pricey If Double Scoop
htevans
  March 7, 2014

Profile:
Total Carbohydrate <1g <1
Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol) 500IU 125%
Sodium 160mg 7%
Anabolic Amino Acid Interfusion 10g
[L-Leucine (Micronized), L-Valine (Micronized), L-Isoleucine (Micronized)], L-Alanine, Taurine (Micronized), L-Citrulline (Micronized)
Efforsorb EnDura Composite 2g
Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate And Cholecalciferol

The Vitamin D in this product was a nice surprise which initially held me back from purchasing it. After some consideration I decided to go for it as living in Maryland during this winter, I definitely did not get enough Vitamin D naturally.

Mixability: 9/10
This product mixed extremely well with a standard blender bottle. I rarely saw foam like I encountered with Aminolast, which quite honestly a nice surprise as I was expecting a foamy product based on memories on NO Xplode. The only reason this didn't score a 10 was the carbonation. While I really enjoyed the unique taste carbonation gave, popping open the lid meant some literal pops. I once opened it at practice and it sounded like a shotgun. Other than the popping and the little gust of air and droplets it sometimes shot in my face, I was pleased.

Taste: 10/10
I'm not typically a fan of BSN flavoring. Old memories of NO Xplode (both the original and 2.0) and Hyper FX samples have just left a bad taste in my mouth. With this in mind I went into this tub with an extreme bias and expected to hate it, but I was proven wrong. The fruit punch flavor tasted like Minute Maid fruit punch to me, which I love.

How I used it: After finishing a tub of Gaspari's Aminolast, I picked up some Amino X on a whim because I found it for dirt cheap. I dosed the product at 1 scoop intraworkout for easier gym days. I dosed it at 2 scoops on heavier days like leg day or days when I just wasn't feeling it. As I went through the tub I used 2 scoops much more often. I also used it during off days when I needed something to flavor my water or was really sore.

Effectiveness/Results: 9/10
I felt great while using this product. When used intraworkout I felt I had better endurance. Taking this product during a cut, I was also supplementing with BCAAs to minimize muscle loss and being near the end of my cut I can safely say, I lost very little muscle and maintained my strength throughout the workouts.

Value: 8.5/10
I personally found this product on Amazon for around 25 USD shipped (to be fair I did use a 5$ gift card on Amazon but this was also the best buy on Amazon at the time of my purchase). For 70 servings, or in my case about 45 workouts, I found this to be unbeatable. As of this review, Amino X can be picked up for about 40 USD plus shipping at most places, which for 70 servings is not too bad. Still, there are a few other products on the market with slightly better cost per serving ratios.

This was just a solid product from BSN. I went in expecting the worst and got the best. Amino X won me over, plain and simple. Recovery and muscle retention were on point with other BCAA products and the taste was great. Amino X is definitely a top contender in the BCAA market.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Good Ratio
  • Effective
  • Improves Recovery
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Fruit Punch
Rammpage
  February 24, 2014

Sugar Free, 10g's of Amino Acids per serving, zero caffeine

I bought this stuff 2 years ago to try out as my first intra work out. i was comparing products and was a little short on cash at the time and it was a toss up between this and ON Amino Energy. BSN claims on the tub that it supports Endurance, Muscle Sparing, Muscle Protein Synthesis, and recovery from training sessions... im going to rate the whole product on a 1-10 scale and give it a 7 only for the simple fact that every time i use it im up every hour on the hour having to pee and it seems like more goes out than what goes in!

of course after working out i was sore, its not going to magically make you not sore! but i was only hurting for about 2 days drinking 2 of these a day, it could just be me though

as for all the other stuff written on the tub, i really have no idea how to rate it, everyones body is different.

the taste is a 10, i got the watermelon flavor, and it tastes great, no after taste either, and it doesnt get you jittery so you can take it along side a pre workout with out feeling like your heart is going to explode..

IMO the ON Amino Energy is the way to go, especially if you forget to take your Prework out like ive done a few times, it gives you the energy to power through a work out, and your not up all night running to the bathroom to take a leak

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Improves Recovery
  • Price
  • Makes You Have To Go
tiktik
  September 27, 2013

Yo Ho!! Tiktik here with yet Another BCAA reviews.

Why BCAA's? again Ill stress out the captivating qualities that lies in these suckers in general.
Muscle preservation, muscle builiding stimulator (not to the extent of anabolics of course), improve recovery/soreness, and for leucine specifically, the ability to push the body into ketosis quicker.

Between uses for bulking/cutting, BCAA in general have its place.

So, on to the goods. BSN Amino X. Ill be honest, the first BSN product I had as a highschooler was the Original N.O. Xplode, the feelings I got from those got me a little bias over the years, but that that bias is now deadened, I have been enlightened, and so now I approach this with a much more subjective views.

I've taken Betancourt's Pure-amino, Axis lab ngage,
and countless samples of BCAA's. As I am an avid user, in general I can tell what distinguish one BCAA products from another. (like an addict who can tell mixes stuff from pure stuff XD)

Features to look for: Recovery time, soreness the next day, endurance while lifting/ running, strength retention/drop off during calorie deficit diets.

To the Labels: BSN is a big Proprietary blend fan so the general numbers are as follows.

Serving size: 1 scoop, 30 servings per 15 ounce container.

Less than 1g carbs per scoop, with addition of vitamin d and sodium.

Amino acid profiles: 10g in Proprietary blend

Efforsorb Endura Composite : 2g
Citric acid,
Malic acid
Sodium Bicarbonate
and Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D)

Mixability: 5/10 This is the only real issue I have with Amino-x, it mixes very well in water, not a problem, but the main concern is the carbonation and pressure build up effect. In an el cheapo shaker, the pressure can build up to a point where the cap literally pop off, and on almost every occasion, this happened to me.

First time it happened, okay, just gotta be careful, second time it happens, okay maybe I got to shake then relieve pressure.

And when you have to do this for about 15-20 more times, it gets very annoying very quickly.

Especially when you throw in 2 scoops on leg/deadlift day.

Effectiveness: 7/10 Increase recovery, decrease soreness, muscle preservation. All there, but nothing spectacular, it works just nothing special and nothing truly noteworthy.

Taste: Solid 8/10
Blue razz was the first tub I used, little tangy, not too overly sweet, very pleasant to sip on throughout the workout.
Watermelon was another one I got. Very tangy, little sweet mix with sour but nothing unpleasant.

Value: 8.5/10
I got a full 30 serving tub for 20 bucks the first time. 15 for the second tub in a local shop. Lockout has it for about 18.

comes to a little over 50 cents a serving. Solid price if you can bear the carbonation effects.

Good stuff, solid, nothing truly special, nothing horrendous either aside from the boom in the face effect from shaking in a cheap shaker.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Improves Recovery
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Little Too Carbonated
  • Prop Blendz!!!!!
GymJunkie
  September 1, 2013

First a huge thanks to Eric Hart from BSN for giving me the opportunity to run this awesome tasting Amino Product, in my opinion its the best tasting one out there. Lets get into the review.

Taste varies. I was given a container of Watermelon and Blue Razz and the last time I dealt with Eric he also sent me several samples of their Fruit Punch flavor. Watermelon and Fruit punch are both high up there with a rating of 9.5/10 for Fruit Punch and 9/10 for Watermelon. Their Blue Razz dropped a bit to 8/10 but is still really good. I think what I loved so much about this product is that its just so darn good tasting. Most Amino products have flavor, and they usually taste great, but the flavor isn't very strong, AminoX has a VERY strong flavor, very sweet. They recommend 6oz of water but 5oz gave it the best flavor in my opinion, I really love that its only 4-6oz of water however, making this something I can drink before a workout or before bed if I wanted without having to go to the bathroom halfway through. And an added bonus, is it tastes carbonated, you can hear it when you open your blender bottle as well.

One thing I wanted to talk about, I saw someones review or them just talking about a long time ago, they mentioned it was far too sweet for their taste so they used 12oz (or was it 16?) of water instead of the 6-8 and they felt it was perfect after that. I decided to do the same thing with 12oz to let you know how it is. I figured it would taste extremely watered down but I gotta admit, the taste wasn't bad at all. It kind of reminded me of RecoverPro, remember how the taste was good but not extremely strong? That's exactly how this was, which I feel is a real plus, not only for people who simply think its too sweet as is, but also for those of us who drink something non stop in the gym, this will make it last a lot longer.

Mixability 10/10 how can you give anything less than perfect when it starts dissolving immediately? Two small shakes and your done, its that simple. No settling, no foaming, no clumps of anything, simply no problems.

Effectiveness 6.5/10 I liked to drink 1 or 2 servings right after my preworkout to help fuel my muscles during my routine. I felt doing this helped a bit with endurance. While I was still very sore the next day, I noticed the soreness didn't last as long so there was a nice little plus for me. The benefits seems to pick up as I went further through the containers though. On rest days I would just use it before bed if I didnt drink protein, or I would drink it right away in the morning as soon as I rolled out of bed.

After I ran out of my other Amino products I started adding 2 scoops to 20oz of water to sip through my workout on days that wasn't too intense. Real intense days I would add 3 scoops to 20oz and it worked great.

Value 7/10 I think this isn't a bad price at all...if you're using one scoop a day, 2 or even 3 scoops and it gets pricey. I do love this product and will continue to use it. You can find this on AllStarHealth.com for about $16 so you get each serving for roughly $0.53. Of course if you're like me and you like to take more than one scoop than obviously it lowers the value quite a bit, but I still think its perfect as a before bed/workout supp.

Profile 7/10 One 14.5g scoop of this will give you
Carbs <1g
Vitamin D 500IU
Sodium 160mg
-Amino Acid Interfusion- 10g
Micronized BCAA Blend (Leucin, Isoleucine, and Valine), L-Alanine, Micronized Taurine, Micronized L-Citrulline.
-Efforsorb EnDura Composite- 2g
Citric Acid, Malic ACid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cholecalciferol.

So in my opinion this is a pretty good profile, unfortunately we have no idea about any levels since, as always, its a prop blend. In my opinion it could use some glutamine but it still does a decent job.

Bottom line: I recommend this product. Yes yes I know, big shock that Im recommending another BSN product, but what can I say, it works, it tastes great, and its not overly expensive.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Good Price
  • Carbonated
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Improves Recovery
  • Effective
  • Pricey If Double Scoop
sasquatch
  July 18, 2013

Got this product as a part of a BSN stack from bodybuilding.com. I stacked this product with Cellmass 2.0, Hyper FX, and Syntha-6. This product is effective stacked, but can be a bit pricy for such little amount of servings when pill-form BCAA are quite cheap. Ingredient Profile-
Serving Size: 1 scoop (14.5g)
Servings per container: 30 (435g)
<1g carb, 160mg Sodium, 500IU Vitamin D 10g
amino acids A big plus to this product was that it
was sugar and calorie free
Amino Acid Interfusion: 10g
Micronized BCAA Blend (L-Leucine, L-Valine,
L-Isoleucine), L-Alanine, Micronized Taurine,
Micronized L-Citrulline
Efforsorb EnDura Composite: 2g
Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, and
Cholecalciferol
Taste/Mixability- 8.5/10
This product was a fine powder and mixed with
amazing ease. The taste was a bit off for me but was
completely manageable. It didn't taste
overwhelmingly sweet which was a big plus.
Value- 6.5/10
I felt like the price is a bit off when BCAA tablets are
much, much cheaper.
Recovery- 7.5/10
I didn't' feel any major recovery benefits, but when I
used this product my soreness was less than usual
which did allow me to hit the weights harder.
Endurance- 8/10
I usually did cardio after lifting which is when I took
this supplement. I was able to push through my
cardio session with the tank still half full at the end
of it. I tired less with this supplement, then without
it.
Performance/Strength- 9/10
Amino acids are the building blocks to building
muscle and with this supplement it definitely gets
the job done and does it well. All of my core lifts
shot up in their max, but don't forget I also stacked
it with other products.
Overall- 9/10
I really liked this product. It was convenient, easy to
use, and offered a wide range of benefits. I had no
side effects and loved everything it did for me. I will
definitely use this product again, but the .price might
keep me away from it for a while when other forms of
BCAA are much cheaper
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Effective
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Taste Is Alright
  • Price
Spartan8
  July 11, 2013

This is my first review, so please bear with me for any mistakes and my writing. English is not my first language, but I will try to write proper english as much as possible.

So Amino X is BSN product. I personally don't like BSN products. But Amino X is exception, because really works as they say.

Effectiveness(9/10): I was surprised positively above this product. It gave me muscle endurance, and recovery was really good. My workouts start to improve when I was useing this product. I don't have nothing negative to say about effectiveness. It really give you what it says.

Taste (9/10): I had fruit punch and it tested good. I personally don't like fruit punch flavor. But BSN Amino x fruit punch flavor tested like flavor from bubble gums(Hubba Bubba). I recommend this flavor.

Mix(10/10): Mixing is excellently and I have no remarks here.

Price/value(8/10): Price is good. Not to high. It is just right at the point. I saw a lot more expensive products, that were offering much less. So from price point it is good investment. Only problem that I experienced is that this product is hard to get.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Effective
  • Improves Recovery
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Fruit Punch
    metalhead
      June 14, 2013

Now that I have tried many (and reviewed several) bcaa products, it's time to do a write up on BSN's Amino-X. I am not a huge fan of their other products but with Amino-X they have hit the spot.

Taste/mixability (10/10)In my opinion, it is the best tasting amino-acid product you can get. I have had several containers of green apple and watermelon and both taste great. Green apple has a hint of apple pie, but nonetheless tastes pretty natural, whereas watermelon is very refreshing, like an actual slice of watermelon. I also had a sample of the fruit punch flavor and liket that as well. Mixability is great, too. Some will argue that taste/mixability is secondary when it comes to bcaas and in one way they are right. However, when you consume your bcaas intra-workout several times each week, than it is a big plus if you don't get tired of the taste (or have to deal with lumps of undissolved aminos). The new Xtend, for example, tastes way too sweet in my book and Modern Bcaa quite bland in comparison. Amino-X, at least when mixed with a bit more water than recommended resembles flavored water, not overpowering at all and I didn't experience any bitterness, either. But when you are into super-sweet tastes than this might not be the best option for you.

Effectiveness/Ingredients (8/10) Amino-X does what it is supposed to do, it reduces recovery-time and soreness the day after your workout. Nothing miraculous but a good choice for every serious athlete. I have deducted one point for the propriarity blend, which is plain unnecessary because I am sure the profile is decent. Yet, I like to know exactly what I take. Another advantage is that I never experienced any stomach problems despite being quite sensitivein this regard.

Value (9/10): For what you get and the fact that you only need 13g/serving I find you get a decent value. You have to pay around 60c per serving which is not bad, at all. There might be cheaper options out there, but then you might have to compronise on the tasete,mixability, etc.

As long as they keep the formula as it is, I will keep on buying Amino-X for my intra-workout needs.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixes Easy
    • Tastes Great
    • Effective
    • Improves Recovery
    • Prop Blendz!!!!!
    locospider09
      June 12, 2013

What up SR, here's my take on BSN AminoX. I'll try to keep it short and sweet. This is one of the only products I don't feel screwed over on by BSN.

Dosing/Profile-8
    With a fully micronized mix of BCCA's, L-Alanine, Taurine, and L-Citrulline this looks promising. And it was. Dosed at 10g with an extra 2g in an "Efforsorb" complex, this does more in one scoop than most aminos do in two. With 30 scoops in a tub, it ranks pretty high on value per drink.

Value-9
    With a good amount of scoops for around $20, even GNC can compete with prices

Taste-10
    Personally, I found the taste amazing. I got Watermelon, but I'm eager to try Blue Razz. Mixability is where the pop came. I forgot you're supposed to stir this, so it made for quite a surprise when I opened it in the gym. Scared the girl at the locker next to me haha

Effectiveness-8
    Like any amino supplement, they all deal with strength for me personally and muscular hydration with a slight pump added thanks to the Citrulline along with any PWO I would normally use. I did feel great while lifting on AminoX, although I would choose something much less sweet when lifting legs, and I felt the effectiveness of USP Labs Modern was the only amino for me so far to surpass AminoX

Overall-8
    All in all, this is a great product with a lot of servings for a great value. Taste is amazing, but could really do without the "Efforsorb" Pop at the gym which gave it a small carbonated taste but quickly faded. I would definitely recommend this to a fellow lifter as a BCAA supplement
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixes Easy
    • Tastes Great
    • Good Ratio
    • Muscle Endurance
    • Little Too Carbonated

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.