Amino X

By: BSN

Clipper83

Hey guys, here is a product I have used in the past, and since I finally have the time to write a review, I might as well do one that is overlooked. This will be a simple review.

Amino X is a BSN product. I typically stay way from BSN, unless I'm in the mood for Syntha 6. This is supposed to be taken pre, post or intra.

Dosing:(10/10)
I used 1 scoop intra every time. Can't mess this up.

Taste/Mix.:(8.5/10)

Dosing:(10/10)
I used 1 scoop intra every time. Can't mess this up.

Taste/Mix.:(8.5/10)
The taste is not bad. I have only used the fruit punch flavor, and had no problems with it. Not really smooth, and I didn't look forward to drinking it, but it still went down easy. Mixability was solid, no clumps and semi-mild foam.

Ingredient Profile:
The biggest problem BSN has is that they use proprietary blends. The 10 gram Amino blend consists of Leucine, IsoL, Valine, Citrulline, Taurine, and Alanine. Although it is in a blend, it looks like the ingredients are decently dosed. There is also a blend with Malic acid and Citric acid. I wish they would show the ratios, but this is what you get when big companies make over-hyped products.

Effectiveness:(8.5/10)
I found this to be a very solid intra. Works just like many other BCAA products. I noticed increased endurance and fast between set recovery. Always kept me going. Can't say that it helped me recover faster the day after however. This was not as good as Cellucor BCAA or MBCAA by any means(in terms off off day recovery and workout performance), but it def. gets the job done. Not much more to say.

Value:(9/10)
You can get this for under $20 on some websites. For 30 workouts, this is a pretty good deal imo. I would buy this if I didn't have the money for MBCAA or Cell BCAA

Overall:(8.7/10)
I enjoyed using Amino X. Always got the job done, and although it is not perfect, it is def. worth the price. If you can get over prop. blends and mediocre taste, this product could honestly be a staple.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • Value
  • Mixes Easy
  • Effective
  • Muscle Endurance

• DanTheManski
      March 10, 2013

Great review man. This stuff always tasted like pop to me.
    • Mooselini
      March 10, 2013

Good review clip, i threw this in my shaker one time and lets just say it was like a grenade going off lol
    • Frankiemusc

Nice review

I am currently using this now intra

The prop blends are supp companies protection of their product , that's all.

• Clipper83
      March 10, 2013

Yeah I know that some companies need prop. blends, but on a product with very few/simple ingredients, I'd rather know how much of each I'm getting.
    • sdunlimited
      March 10, 2013

Very few and/or simple ingredients = easy to duplicate = proprietary blend for (hopeful) protection.
      Natural ingredients like aminos can't be patented so if this product knocked it out of the park and it clearly showed gram for gram what's in it, everybody would run out and make their own version ASAP.

Good straight-up review. Like you said, less than $20 for 30 workouts? That's a deal
    • line6reed

Atomic 7 is the best bcaa
    • Frankiemusc

@linereed= universal nut hugger

:o)
    • jmyers
      March 11, 2013

Great review bro. @ Mooselini I did the same thing the first time I used this and I was in my truck driving to the gym and it exploded everywhere. Lets just say I spent the next 15 mins. cleaning the inside of my truck.
    • cssrss
      March 11, 2013

Great review man! I just picked up a tub for $15 today and looking forward to trying it out.

First a huge thanks to Eric Hart from BSN for giving me the opportunity to run this awesome tasting Amino Product, in my opinion its the best tasting one out there. Lets get into the review.

Taste varies. I was given a container of Watermelon and Blue Razz and the last time I dealt with Eric he also sent me several samples of their Fruit Punch flavor. Watermelon and Fruit punch are both high up there with a rating of 9.5/10 for Fruit Punch and 9/10 for Watermelon. Their Blue Razz dropped a bit to 8/10 but is still really good. I think what I loved so much about this product is that its just so darn good tasting. Most Amino products have flavor, and they usually taste great, but the flavor isn't very strong, AminoX has a VERY strong flavor, very sweet. They recommend 6oz of water but 5oz gave it the best flavor in my opinion, I really love that its only 4-6oz of water however, making this something I can drink before a workout or before bed if I wanted without having to go to the bathroom halfway through. And an added bonus, is it tastes carbonated, you can hear it when you open your blender bottle as well.

One thing I wanted to talk about, I saw someones review or them just talking about a long time ago, they mentioned it was far too sweet for their taste so they used 12oz (or was it 16?) of water instead of the 6-8 and they felt it was perfect after that. I decided to do the same thing with 12oz to let you know how it is. I figured it would taste extremely watered down but I gotta admit, the taste wasn't bad at all. It kind of reminded me of RecoverPro, remember how the taste was good but not extremely strong? That's exactly how this was, which I feel is a real plus, not only for people who simply think its too sweet as is, but also for those of us who drink something non stop in the gym, this will make it last a lot longer.

Mixability 10/10 how can you give anything less than perfect when it starts dissolving immediately? Two small shakes and your done, its that simple. No settling, no foaming, no clumps of anything, simply no problems.

Effectiveness 6.5/10 I liked to drink 1 or 2 servings right after my preworkout to help fuel my muscles during my routine. I felt doing this helped a bit with endurance. While I was still very sore the next day, I noticed the soreness didn't last as long so there was a nice little plus for me. The benefits seems to pick up as I went further through the containers though. On rest days I would just use it before bed if I didnt drink protein, or I would drink it right away in the morning as soon as I rolled out of bed.

After I ran out of my other Amino products I started adding 2 scoops to 20oz of water to sip through my workout on days that wasn't too intense. Real intense days I would add 3 scoops to 20oz and it worked great.

Value 7/10 I think this isn't a bad price at all...if you're using one scoop a day, 2 or even 3 scoops and it gets pricey. I do love this product and will continue to use it. You can find this on AllStarHealth.com for about $16 so you get each serving for roughly $0.53. Of course if you're like me and you like to take more than one scoop than obviously it lowers the value quite a bit, but I still think its perfect as a before bed/workout supp.

Profile 7/10 One 14.5g scoop of this will give you
    Carbs <1g
    Vitamin D 500IU
    Sodium 160mg
    -Amino Acid Interfusion- 10g
    Micronized BCAA Blend (Leucin, Isoleucine, and Valine), L-Alanine, Micronized Taurine, Micronized L-Citrulline.
    -Efforsorb EnDura Composite- 2g
    Citric Acid, Malic ACid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cholecalciferol.

So in my opinion this is a pretty good profile, unfortunately we have no idea about any levels since, as always, its a prop blend. In my opinion it could use some glutamine but it still does a decent job.

Bottom line: I recommend this product. Yes yes I know, big shock that Im recommending another BSN product, but what can I say, it works, it tastes great, and its not overly expensive.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Price
    • Carbonated
    • Muscle Endurance
    • Improves Recovery
    • Effective
    • Good Ratio

• Daloof911
        September 1, 2013

Good review. I've had a few samples and it tasted so good that I almost bought a tub so I could drink some throughout the day.
      • GymJunkie
        September 1, 2013

Thats how I started as well lol. You should definitely give it a tubs try, I know I plan to buy some after I try out a tub of MBCAA

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, BSN. Sometimes I love you(Hyper FX, Hyper Shred), sometimes I hate you(CellMass, NOXplode(and 2.0)), other times you are very "meh"(Syntha-6). For Amino X, again, I love you. This product is a big winner for me.

Label/Ingredient Profile: -15/10

Label/Ingredient Profile: -15/10

BSN, I hate your prop blends more than any other company. I hate your stupid name breakdowns, "Efforsorb EnDura Composite" and "Anabolic Amino Acid Interfusion" for Amino X. Your marketing department is good, I get it. You make a product, give these people a game of boggle and notepad and then make up the names for the profiles. You also have cool red tubs and cool fonts. Stop being so secretive and obnoxious.

This product is a 14.5G/scoop with 10G being an Amino acid complex composed of the usual suspects Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine. Also thrown in is Taurine, Alanine and Citrulline. The ratio of BCAAs is undisclosed, but honestly it works. Still, I seriously hate you and your stupid blends and labels.

Taste and Mixability: 8.5/10

Amino X doesn't have the same problem most other BSN products have to me, being too sweet and sugary. I chose the Fruit Punch flavor and it's pretty nice. It is a bit sweet, but not overpowering. There is no acidy/medicine taste. Amino X does have BSN's trademark Fizzy-Formula, so you can't put it in a shaker without it combusting into a foamy mess, but even with the fizzyness, it doesn't upset the stomach, unlike NOXplode. I was able to use it intra without bloating issues. Mixing was very easy, but there were a number of stragglers at the bottom of the glass that needed the spoon treatment at the end.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10

Like my Monster Amino review, I will break this down into my two ways of use.

Intra-Workout:
      I still do not like taking products intra-workout. I find it a bit distracting to my psychological makeup while working out. However, with Amino X, unlike Monster Amino, I felt this product did benefit me a bit during my workout. I felt a good deal of endurance and recovery while sipping this product while lifting. Not enough to make it an intra-staple, but something that I think could give me a boost. Like previously touched on, I got no bloatiness in my workouts with this product. If you use BCAAs intra, I would suggest this product.

Post-Workout/Late Day consumption:
      The crown jewel of BCAA products for post-workout, for me. The decent taste makes it a beauty to consume. The recovery I would get overnight if I took this a number of hours after working out, was insane. How I ran this post was....Workout at 5AM, take Amino X at around 6PM after dinner(usually at 5PM) then take a protein shake around 7-8PM before bed. I would wake up feeling completely refreshed and as if I could work the same muscle groups the very next day without concern(never did this of course :) ). Cannot state enough the effectiveness of this product when used like this for me.

Value: 8.5/10

I paid $19 for 30 servings. A pretty nice deal in my opinion given the effectiveness of the product. I think this price point puts it ever-so-slightly ahead of other products like Xtend and MBCAA but miles and miles ahead of MusclePharm's Recon.

Overall I would strongly recommend this product based on my personal experiences. BSN is a company that hits some dingers and also strikes out. They are a very frustrating company because they are marketing whizzes, but some of their products do justify the hype. Amino X is one of those products. I knocked the "overall" down a point due to how annoying and secretive is with this(and all other BSN stuff) product.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Great
      • Effective
      • Improves Recovery
      • Muscle Endurance

• Isplisgardt
          October 10, 2012

Nice review but for some reason I think I read on a sample pack that it was a 4:1:2 ratio if that's even possible
        • Jpotter21
          October 10, 2012

Using this currently myself. A little sweet for me, but I also like it. Solid stuff. Good review.
        • Nutrexpert

I lol'd at -15/10

tiktik

Yo Ho!! Tiktik here with yet Another BCAA reviews.

Why BCAA's? again Ill stress out the captivating qualities that lies in these suckers in general.
        Muscle preservation, muscle builiding stimulator (not to the extent of anabolics of course), improve recovery/soreness, and for leucine specifically, the ability to push the body into ketosis quicker.

Between uses for bulking/cutting, BCAA in general have its place.

Yo Ho!! Tiktik here with yet Another BCAA reviews.

Between uses for bulking/cutting, BCAA in general have its place.

So, on to the goods. BSN Amino X. Ill be honest, the first BSN product I had as a highschooler was the Original N.O. Xplode, the feelings I got from those got me a little bias over the years, but that that bias is now deadened, I have been enlightened, and so now I approach this with a much more subjective views.

I've taken Betancourt's Pure-amino, Axis lab ngage,
        and countless samples of BCAA's. As I am an avid user, in general I can tell what distinguish one BCAA products from another. (like an addict who can tell mixes stuff from pure stuff XD)

Features to look for: Recovery time, soreness the next day, endurance while lifting/ running, strength retention/drop off during calorie deficit diets.

To the Labels: BSN is a big Proprietary blend fan so the general numbers are as follows.

Serving size: 1 scoop, 30 servings per 15 ounce container.

Less than 1g carbs per scoop, with addition of vitamin d and sodium.

Amino acid profiles: 10g in Proprietary blend

Efforsorb Endura Composite : 2g
        Citric acid,
        Malic acid
        Sodium Bicarbonate
        and Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D)

Mixability: 5/10 This is the only real issue I have with Amino-x, it mixes very well in water, not a problem, but the main concern is the carbonation and pressure build up effect. In an el cheapo shaker, the pressure can build up to a point where the cap literally pop off, and on almost every occasion, this happened to me.

First time it happened, okay, just gotta be careful, second time it happens, okay maybe I got to shake then relieve pressure.

And when you have to do this for about 15-20 more times, it gets very annoying very quickly.

Especially when you throw in 2 scoops on leg/deadlift day.

Effectiveness: 7/10 Increase recovery, decrease soreness, muscle preservation. All there, but nothing spectacular, it works just nothing special and nothing truly noteworthy.

Taste: Solid 8/10
        Blue razz was the first tub I used, little tangy, not too overly sweet, very pleasant to sip on throughout the workout.
        Watermelon was another one I got. Very tangy, little sweet mix with sour but nothing unpleasant.

Value: 8.5/10
        I got a full 30 serving tub for 20 bucks the first time. 15 for the second tub in a local shop. Lockout has it for about 18.

comes to a little over 50 cents a serving. Solid price if you can bear the carbonation effects.

Good stuff, solid, nothing truly special, nothing horrendous either aside from the boom in the face effect from shaking in a cheap shaker.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Mixes Easy
        • Improves Recovery
        • Muscle Endurance
          Smurf

Hard to rate this product, because for me I used lots of bcaa products and dont feel any one works particularly better then another. However, for a bcaa supplement I have never used something that mixed so easy, 10g of bcaa in a scoop and it actually mixes with 6oz or water. I believe that is next to impossible with any other bcaa product. I prefer to mix it with more water to dilute the taste a little bit.

I have used other bcaa products like, xtend, and recoup, but this stuff mixes really nice. Xtend was a good product too, but i never liked the bcaa's mix up until i tried this product.

Taste is pretty good, I have only used the green apple flavor, which is not bad to drink at all. Usually i feel BSN is overpriced but this stuff had cost me $32 for 30 serving container, which for a bcaa product i dont think is that bad.

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Mixes Easy

I looking for a BCAA supplement for my workouts/cardio sessions, when I realized that I had not tried out AminoX...so I tried out AminoX. And I ended up taking 2 bottles of it over the course of around 5-6 months.

Profile:AminoX boasts its"massive 10 gram amino complex" to sound like its just full of BCAAs, but it's basically your typical BCAA supplement, with added goodies like Taurine, and L-Citrulline. Im assuming its around 5 grams of actual BCAAs per serving because of those extra aminos in there will boost it to around 10 grams. Besides that, there is really not a ton of filler, and there is less than 1 gram of carbohydrates per serving, which makes this good for anyone who is dieting/cutting, or bulking, or really anyone who wants some extra BCAAs in their supplement stack. BUT there is 160 mgs of sodium in it, which may be something you have to look out for if you are trying to reduce sodium intake for water retention.

Price/value (5/10: I picked this up at my local GNC on sale for around 24 dollars. The bottle has 30 servings in it, which makes it out to be around 80 cents per serving. This is not a lot, but for a BCAA supplement, it is not a great deal. Considering there are tons of BCAA supplements out there where you can pay the same amount, and get twice or tripple the amount of servings. Even on the internet it is still around 20 dollars not including shipping. So I feel like you are paying for the BSN name, rather than the product (like most BSN supplements)

Effectiveness (8/10): This supplement was kind of weird in terms of recovery. I acually felt like I recovered more from weight workouts, when I took this during my cardio sessions (usually a few hours after or before the weight workout) rather than when I took it during or before my weight workouts for some reason. The recovery was pretty good though. I guess I would rank it around the same as other BCAA supplements so it didnt really stand out for any reason. I did notice a larger pump when I took it during or before my workouts. Nothing crazy, but it was definately there (most likely because of the Citrulline,Taurine, and possibly the sodium?).

Taste (9/10): I had 2 flavors. Green Apple, and Watermellon. They were both amazing, and extremely refreshing, espcially during cardio. They tasted almost identical to the old Xtend flavors, which in my opinion were great. The only reason I gave it a 9 was because it tasted very artificial, which some people dont like, but i didnt mind. If I had to choose one, it would probably be Green Apple, though both flavors I tried were great.

Mix(9/10): People complained in the past that this supplement doesnt really mix well, but mine did haha. Sometimes it wouldnt mix right away, but if i waited 5 min, it would completely disolve in the water. This was definately one of the best mixing BCAA supplements I have tried before.

Overall: AminoX is a pretty good BCAA supplement, but at the same time, it definately does not stand out by any means. The added ingredients like Taurine, and Citrulline give it a slight edge to most standard BCAAs in terms of effectiveness (mainly for the pump) and the taste is refreshing, but the price to serving ratio is what could bring this supplement down. Overall its a very tasty, decently effective BCAA supplement that I think is worth giving a try. This is definately one of the better BSN supplements though.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Improves Recovery
            • Mixes Easy
            • Tastes Great

• beakington1
                June 30, 2012

Nice review man. They sent me some samples of this and it mixes well for aminos and tastes amazing.

Profile:
              Total Carbohydrate <1g <1
              Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol) 500IU 125%
              Sodium 160mg 7%
              Anabolic Amino Acid Interfusion 10g
              [L-Leucine (Micronized), L-Valine (Micronized), L-Isoleucine (Micronized)], L-Alanine, Taurine (Micronized), L-Citrulline (Micronized)
              Efforsorb EnDura Composite 2g

Sodium 160mg 7%
              Anabolic Amino Acid Interfusion 10g
              Efforsorb EnDura Composite 2g
              Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate And Cholecalciferol

The Vitamin D in this product was a nice surprise which initially held me back from purchasing it. After some consideration I decided to go for it as living in Maryland during this winter, I definitely did not get enough Vitamin D naturally.

Mixability: 9/10
              This product mixed extremely well with a standard blender bottle. I rarely saw foam like I encountered with Aminolast, which quite honestly a nice surprise as I was expecting a foamy product based on memories on NO Xplode. The only reason this didn't score a 10 was the carbonation. While I really enjoyed the unique taste carbonation gave, popping open the lid meant some literal pops. I once opened it at practice and it sounded like a shotgun. Other than the popping and the little gust of air and droplets it sometimes shot in my face, I was pleased.

Taste: 10/10
              I'm not typically a fan of BSN flavoring. Old memories of NO Xplode (both the original and 2.0) and Hyper FX samples have just left a bad taste in my mouth. With this in mind I went into this tub with an extreme bias and expected to hate it, but I was proven wrong. The fruit punch flavor tasted like Minute Maid fruit punch to me, which I love.

How I used it: After finishing a tub of Gaspari's Aminolast, I picked up some Amino X on a whim because I found it for dirt cheap. I dosed the product at 1 scoop intraworkout for easier gym days. I dosed it at 2 scoops on heavier days like leg day or days when I just wasn't feeling it. As I went through the tub I used 2 scoops much more often. I also used it during off days when I needed something to flavor my water or was really sore.

Effectiveness/Results: 9/10
              I felt great while using this product. When used intraworkout I felt I had better endurance. Taking this product during a cut, I was also supplementing with BCAAs to minimize muscle loss and being near the end of my cut I can safely say, I lost very little muscle and maintained my strength throughout the workouts.

Value: 8.5/10
              I personally found this product on Amazon for around 25 USD shipped (to be fair I did use a 5$ gift card on Amazon but this was also the best buy on Amazon at the time of my purchase). For 70 servings, or in my case about 45 workouts, I found this to be unbeatable. As of this review, Amino X can be picked up for about 40 USD plus shipping at most places, which for 70 servings is not too bad. Still, there are a few other products on the market with slightly better cost per serving ratios.

This was just a solid product from BSN. I went in expecting the worst and got the best. Amino X won me over, plain and simple. Recovery and muscle retention were on point with other BCAA products and the taste was great. Amino X is definitely a top contender in the BCAA market.
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • Mixes Easy
              • Tastes Great
              • Good Ratio
              • Effective
              • Improves Recovery
              • Muscle Endurance
              • Fruit Punch
              • Good Price

• brenth6112
                  March 8, 2014

Solid review right here man. Might have to try this one out.

BSN AminoX is your basic BCAA product. It has 10g of Amino Acids per serving, however this is in a proprietary blend and that is a negative for this product. I took this product primarily intra-workout, but also occasionally at home.

TASTE: 10/10

I have gone through several full containers of AminoX, and watermelon is by far my favorite flavor. Often times I would find myself craving the taste and would drink this at home instead of plain water. The powder mixes easily and leaves no residue in your shaker cup.

RECOVERY: 9/10

I mainly consume BCAAs on a cut,...

TASTE: 10/10

RECOVERY: 9/10

I mainly consume BCAAs on a cut, as it provides an opportunity to get amino acids into my bloodstream without consuming additional calories. AminoX reduced my soreness after workouts, and improved my endurance intra-workout. I am fairly certain it has helped me retain strength and lean body mass while cutting, though that is hard to prove.

VALUE: 8/10

For a BCAA product AminoX compares pretty well in the cost department, assuming you buy it on sale. The sale price is generally $18-20 for 30 servings, which compares well to other popular products such as Modern BCAA, and XTend.

OVERALL: 9/10

AminoX is my favorite BCAA and intra-workout supplement at the moment, especially while cutting, thanks to its affordable cost, effective recovery, fantastic taste, and almost 0 calories per serving. I highly recommend AminoX, and encourage anyone in the market for a BCAA product to try it out.
                 Pros:
                 Cons:
                • Mixes Easy
                • Tastes Great
                • Improves Recovery
                • Muscle Endurance
                  weastwind

So this was the first BSN product I have tried. Many people have mixed reactions with BSN and with the first impression of this product, I feel like they are a pretty good company. Amino X is advertised as an effervescent BCAA formula with enhanced absorption of other BCAA formulas. To the review!!!!!

Taste/Mixability: The flavor I had was watermelon. The flavor was alright. It wasn't the best taste in the world but it was bearable. It also mixed really good. The only thing I did not like about this was after mixing it, the lid on my shaker cup would pop open. That is where this product get the word effervescent from. Effervescent meaning extreme carbonation to BSN I assume.

Effectiveness: I have tried this product in every way I could. I tried this pre-workout, intra-workout, and post-workout. I have found the best results with this product to be either pre-workout and post-workout. With taking it pre-workout, I took it with my multi-vitamin, beta alanine, and sometimes a caffeine pill. For post-workout, I took it with my multi-vitamin, glutamine, and my creatine. 30 minutes later I would take my protein shake. The soreness was still there when I took this, but, I felt a lot less sore than usual.

Price: I paid $28 for this. The price was decent but I wish it was cheaper. There are 30 servings in here so it was alright. If this product was $22-$25, I would definitely buy it again.

Profile: The profile for Amino X was pretty good. Since it's a BCAA product, I don't really care about the extra vitamins or electrolytes in here. Although I do enjoy those extra ingredients, I buy the product for the BCAAs. In one scoop in this, you get 10 grams of BCAAs, taurine, alanine, and citrulline. The profile was what got me to try it. I liked the profile but I wished I got more out of this product.

Overall: Amino X was a decent product. Try it out for yourself and see how you like it. Amino X is a great product to try out if you want to try a new BCAA product. It's also decently priced and while it is not my favorite BCAA formula, it's still on my top BCAA list.
                   Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • Mixes Easy
                  • Good Ratio

Very tasty, I got the blue rasberry flavor. It was 30 bucks for 40 servings from a local nutrition store

2 scoops around my workout (1 before 1 after) yielded me some good results.

There are no calories and 5 grams of BCAA per serving. Overall, this is a great and clean bcaa product. I highly recommend. It would get a higher score if it was like xtend and had more than just bcaa (maybe some citrulline mallate and beta.

Overall solid bsn product

2 scoops around my workout (1 before 1 after) yielded me some good results.

Overall solid bsn product
                     Pros:
                     Cons:
                    • Mixes Easy
                    • Tastes Great
                    • Good Ratio
                    • Effective
                    • Improves Recovery
                      Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.