RoxyLean ECA Reviews

By: BPI

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 9

Ranks #41 of 75 (better than 46%) in
Weight Loss > Thermogenics

RoxyLean ECA is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by BPI. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.
INGREDIENTS (7)

CATEGORY PREVALENCE

COMPARE SIMILAR

daniel278
  December 30, 2010

After reading all of these reviews I have a few things I want to share, and yes, I have actually been taking this supplements almost daily for almost a month (unlike most people who tried it for just a day or two and then gave up on it).

First, the couple reviews about how it "made them break out in hives" and therefore there must be something wrong with this item made me laugh. This product, along with a lot of supplements, contains niacin, a very potent product that opens your blood vessels and increases blood flow around your body. Niacin helps clean out your body and move medicine through your body quickly. However, if you are sensitive to niacin, and you don't drink a lot of water when you take it (as directed), your skin will turn red and it will burn for up to an hour. Also, you will get small bumps which is a reaction to the niacin and it will itch. The funny thing is, even though this is uncomfortable, it goes away and is actually seen as a positive for your body because it is actually cleaning out your cells. A lot of people take niacin by itself to help lower cholesterol.

Second, this is a very powerful product and I would recommend it only to those people who are serious about losing weight and fat from a supplements who have tried them before. This stack made me feel like the old Xendadrine RFA-1 -- it was really powerful, made me sweat for the first 4 hours I took it, and took away my appetite. Again, this is really powerful and you have to want to go through some of the side effects of a hard-working product to lose weight this way.

Third, I wouldn't recommend this product for women. Every woman who I've talked to who has tried it has hated it and thrown up within an hour. Obviously, this product is too powerful for anyone under 150 lbs.

In conclusion, if you are going to try this product, please remember you must drink plenty of water when taking it and then eat within 30 minutes so the niacin doesn't make you "break out in hives". I take mine in the morning with a full glass of water followed by a protein shake and don't have problems with the niacin. If you can stand the side-effects, and can actually follow directions, then this product will work for you and is probably the best weight loss supplements available on the market in many years.
    ShredHead
      May 24, 2011

I just finished my first bottle of RoxyLean and this is my take thus far.

RoxyLean isn't significantly different than most of the stim based fat burners on the market today "” it contains all the same core ingredients.

If you are new to thermos (fat burners)or sensitive to stims (caffeine) I would not recommend this product. If you are looking to drop more than 15 lbs this product is not for you.

Also, if you are not already adjusted to a stim based pre-workout supplement you will have a hard time with this product.

I agree with other reviews in that woman (individuals under 150 lbs should) should stay away from this product. The stims will be too intense. Better off going with a stim free fat burner.

My take is that this product is designed for serious athletes who are going through a cutting phase/pre-contest cycle.

Right now my cutting diet consists of 6 high protein/complex carb meals (roughly 2400 cals per day). During my weight loss period I am depriving my body of the nutrients need to help power me through an intense gym session. RoxyLean gives me the energy to push through my workout and helps curb cravings and lethargy throughout the day.

I am about 4-5 lbs from my goal of 6% body fat. Thus far RoxyLean has helped me shed 6 very stubborn lbs. Honestly, if I was not on RoxyLean right now I would probably opt for Animal Cut by Universal Nutrition. Hands down a much better product and Universal Nutrition is a quality company.

Two very key points I want to make.

1) If you are taking this product in place of a clean diet and/or cardio you need to rethink your fitness strategy. Most people can easily attain there weight loss goals simply by eating clean and training right. No supplement in the word can take the place of these things. But, you all already know this.

2) If you do not know how to properly supplement do not supplement at all. You need to understand how to compliment a thermo product with proper timing in the day, other supplements, nutrition, and fitness. This means that if you workout in the evening and you take a stim you will likely not be able to sleep until 2am. If you workout in the morning you need to take this 30 mins before training with 16 oz of water, and then make certain you eat small meal or shake or protein bar as you are walking into the gym. Do not leave a thermo in your stomach without food for more than 30 mins!! Its no wonder some of you feel sick half the day.

My recommendations:

If you train in the evening do not take this product. The stims will keep you up all night and a good night sleep is more important to your weight loss goals than any fat burner out there.

If you train in the morning/mid-day make certain that you take with plenty of water 30 mins pre-workout and eat something small no less than 30 mins after. This is as easy as just putting a scoop of protein in your shaker and filling it with water in the locker room when you get to the gym.

Note: The blood thinners in this product can counteract any NO products you take pre-workout. NO works to expand the blood vessel while RoxyLean works to shrink the blood vessel. If you take creatine I would also recommend taking post-workout rather than pre-workout.

Apologies for the novel.
      AngieW5361
        March 14, 2012

I just finished this bottle probably about a week ago. I picked this up around the time my store got in the whole lot of BPI products and people came soaring into my store to pick up some of this. I sold tons of it and never had one returned, let alone it was super cheap (under $30) so I eventually broke down and bought it!

While using this product I was also taking: Anavite (through most of it, the last week or two I switched to Animal Pak) Myofusion and essentials such as fish oil/aminos etc. I had an average diet (not perfect, but not bad either) and was working out 5+ days a week.

There are so many great reviews on this product, I seem to be one of few where I was unsatisfied with it. So unfortunately a pretty short review considering it did nothing for me.

Taste: N/A No after burps and the capsules had no taste.

Side Effects: After a few times of taking this on an empty stomach, then eating, I felt as if I was having an allergic reaction to something. But it turned out the be the niacin which was too overwhelming for me and I had to constantly take this supplement with food to avoid it.

The dose is simply one pill a day, but having to take it on a full stomach I found myself taking up to 2 a day, which I would do one mid-morning/noon and the other pre-workout. (I was not taking a pre-workout supplement while taking this.)

I've seen lots of reviews describing this pill as "crack in a bottle" though I never got any increased energy throughout taking this product.

Effects: I really noticed no significant weight/water loss that I feel was from this and not from my exercise routine throughout taking this product. My body didn't change much as far as fat loss (mostly muscle gain from lifting). For me there was no appetite suppressant, no mood enhancing and like said no increased energy.

Overall: I would not steer someone to or from this product because I have seen that people have had great results, just for me I got nothing out of it and could have taken something better for myself during that time. If I would have kept my receipt I would have returned it.
      • No Energy
      • No Appetite Supressant
      missnuckles
        February 23, 2011

I've been on RoxyLean off and on for a few months and I love it. I've lost 10 lbs and am working on the next 10.I've tried many different supplements and this is the one that has worked the best for me. It does a wonderful job at squashing my appetite and gives me the energy I need through out the day. I have two small children and a husband in the Army. So I have a lot to do on my own during the day and that includes fitting in a workout. The only issues I've had that I don't really like are the occasional stomach cramp, a little dizziness, and some jitterness but it doesn't happen that often. I do believe the instructions say to take on an empty stomach but I rarely do that. I usually eat breakfast and have one cup of coffee (I rarely finish it) and take the pill about 30 min later. Occasionally I take a second one in the afternoon. Just depends on my day. I've never experienced nausea as some on here have mentioned. Once or twice I've had some skin tingling or itchyness but nothing that was bothersome. I also make sur to get that hydration in and I DON'T take any other medications with this product. If I have to take something for illness or allergies I stop the RoxyLean. personally I highly recommend this product because I have enjoyed my results. I am actually very sensitive to medications and any chemical in my body and I really don't have trouble with RoxyLean.
        rogue3xi
          August 1, 2011

I am 110 pounds and 5'4", female. I am using this to cut fat and tone more. My weight is not important to me, but I look my best at 105. I figured I would use this product to help me with the last 5 pounds, at which point I would stop. One thing that kept me from getting there is that I drank a lot esp at night. This product did not give me jitters or make me break out, or anything like that. I just felt more focus and less appetite. I also don't feel like drinking booze at all when I am on it, which is great. My workouts are about as intense as before. The only bad thing about it is that I crash like crazy. I want to sleep as soon as it wears off... This is my experience based on the first week - I will update my review in a few more weeks.

If you get this stuff AND you are small like me, I strongly suggest eating something low in fat 20-30 minutes after you take it, or you may experience nausea.

The first day I took it, I also took my vitamins with it and ate some blueberries. I threw up within 2 hours (had to pull over on side of the road!). Do NOT mix this with any other drugs - it may not react with them, but just in case.
        • Major Crash
        egarcia7767
          May 23, 2011

I am a 33yr old female- work out about 3-5 times a week. My trainer recommended this supplement to me after I mentioned I needed help with portion control. Took a pill late morning and couldn't go to bed until 3am that night! Throughout the day, I experienced jitters and just felt sick. So I decided to take 1/2 a pill the next day.. eh.. it was ok. A week later, I decided to try this again but at an earlier hour in the day. So I took a whole pill 1st thing in the morning (6am) and within 10 minutes of taking the pill, my body became extremely overheated and I turned red. It took my body over an hour to cool down. Jitters and nauseau was extremely at a highten level. Killed my appetite.. I needed help with portion control not my entire food intake. Thanks but no thanks.
        • Breaking Out In Hives
        • Excessive Nausea
        • Excessive Jitters
        • Made Me Piss Like A Horse
        • Irregular Extremely Fast Heartbeat
        xtherumor
          April 12, 2011

I tried Lipo 6 Black before taking this, and the results weren't what I expected. A guy at my local nutrition shop recommended RoxyLean to me and I decided to give it a shot (It was 25 bucks for a bottle compared to 40 for Lipo 6 so I thought, hey..why not?)

This stuff is intense. I take one capsule on an empty stomach when I wake up and I have lots of energy throughout the day. It improves my focus immensely. I wait about 6 hours or so and take another one before my workout to give me that extra boost to pull out more reps.

I've been taking it for a week now, and I've dropped 6 pounds and 1.2 %of body fat while my water weight has actually gone up a bit. Of course I ate right and worked out 6 days a week though.

I would definitely recommend this product but be sure to asses your tolerance to it. My girlfriend is also taking RoxyLean but it has a stronger affect on her than it does on me; it makes her very jittery. But as for myself, I haven't had that problem or any of the other side effects people have reported. I've been drinking a lot of water in order to prevent the Niacin flush from occurring.
        • Excessive Jitters
        kingkongdong
        Rep: -2
          March 13, 2011

I just left a similar review on another major site so if you see something similar to this, yes it's the same person, no I'm not a rep, or being payed, this is just a great product (so far), although I don't care for "1.M.R" from the same company, and haven't even bothered to try "RX6" my results in the short time using this have been awesome.
        I have a scale that shows tenths of a pound, and have steadily gone down' 4-6 tenths of a pound everyday with no change in diet, or workout. I was worried I couldn't use my pre workout supps while on this, but have had some of the best workouts in months while using this product. I take my 2nd pill about 30 to 45 minutes before lifting, and game on. I can only compare the energy to a supplement that isn't around anymore because it contained real eph called "Rush Energy pills" , it works great, and no getting the runs because taking a "no product" that contains "magnesium", although when I'm through with this bottle I will still use pre workout supps it's nice having a break from the bathroom breaks in the middle of workouts.
        I personally am going to be stocking up on this product because it seems any time something works it will be banned.
        In closing I'm not a noob to lifting, or supplements, so I'm not just spouting out a bunch of crap I'm 26yrs old, been lifting since high school, no I don't have a 6 pack due to constantly bulking it hasn't been a priority until now. I'm 5'10" was 220 now 216.4 after 4 days on roxy.
        I know this is not a pre workout supp, but to set people's minds at ease who depend on a good pwo supp like me, the energy is better then "no shotgun" "no xplode" (the new and old version) "jacked" "black powder" etc (yes I've tried all of them finding Black Powder to be the weakest of them, and personally liking "no xplode nt" the best). You may want to take some supps on the side however such as creatine, glutamine, AAKG, BCAA, a good multi, and definitely a good protein if you train with weights.
        I hope this was helpful to some out there I know it was long as hell, and blame it on the freakin roxylean since I'm all energized right now lol.
        Happy cutting, and let the mayhem begin.
        • Made Me Piss Like A Horse
        MWAthletic
          October 27, 2010

I don't like to "bash" on products by any means, I always like to try new things out there, but this was the worst product (not just for thermos) I have ever taken.
        I'll be honest, I didn't make it through a full bottle, and neither did my girlfriend!
        She purchased this fat burner a few weeks ago because she heard it was pretty intense. After the 3rd day (1 pill a day) she broke out with hives all over her arms and stopped taking it. I decided I'll give the rest of the bottle a try because I can compare it to some of the other thermos out there I have tried.
        On the 3rd morning of taking this product, I took a pill on an empty stomach (as instructed on bottle), and my face started burning worse than the a horrible sunburn!
        put an ice pack on my face and ate food til it eventually went away...HA. Never had a feeling like that with anything. Will not touch this product ever again.
        Great value price wise...but not worth the cheap price they sell it for.
         Pros:
         Cons:
          • Breaking Out In Hives
          • Feel Like I'm Sunburned