Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > BPI > Pump HD

BPI Pump HD

Pump HD BPI User Rating: (9 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 97% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Neon Sport Volt Reviews
Volt (10 Reviews)
6.7

Products in the same category:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
C4 Extreme (247 Reviews)
Muscle Pharm Assault Reviews
Assault (237 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

will bpi's Pump HD cause me to fail a u/a test?
i really like this product , but i am skeptical about if it will make me fail &n...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Pump HD Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Pump HD Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Incredible Taste (4)
  • Great Vascularity (3)
  • Incredible Pump (3)
  • Insane Focus (2)
  • Not Effective (6)
  • Underdosed (6)
  • Not A Great Value (4)
  • A Little Dangerous (2)
November 3, 2013

CJLOVESBEER

Age: 25

November 3, 2013
Why Not Give It A Try

After completing my tub of Pump HD, I have noticed some good things and bad things about it. The taste was really good, which was definitely a perk. I did get very good muscle pumps from it and decent energy wise. The energy could of been a little better. It also did help my strength quit a bit. Would I recommend this product? Maybe if your looking for a good muscle pump but not for energy if your looking for energy this is not the product for you. It seems to me that this stuff was very good for only pumps and strength but not energy. As with the pump hd I also took blox aminos and cheap six star protein. After using it over time I have noticed I definitely needed more then one serving at a time to get its full effects, Which is kinda not worth your dollar. But if you asked me for a good pre workout for pumps and strength I would say pump HD. If you asked me for a preworkout for energy I would say not Pump HD.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Incredible Pump
  • Incredible Taste
  • Insane Focus
  • Will Not Save You From Zombie Apocalypse
  • Underdosed
October 19, 2013

Irishpride7

Reviews: 4

Age: 20

October 19, 2013
Pump-HD

At first I thought this was going to be one of the worst pre-workouts I had ever used. I did not get the Beta Alanine "tingle", did not feel overly energtic despite the 300mg of caffeine, and my focus was only a little better than usual. It was not until I looked at the weight increase on my major lifts, that I noticed some serious gains. My bodyweight remained around the same, but I noticed an increase in my bench press 10 rep max of about 10-20 lbs over a 2 week period. My squat 10 rep max had also increased about 20-30 lbs over the same time interval.

The absolute and very first thing I noticed when trying this product was the chalky taste, and that immediately turns me off when using a pre-workout. Usually I can get by with the bitterness or overpowering sweetness of a pre-workout, but a chalky consistentcy never seems to sit well before a workout. To my surprise, this was the first pre-workout of that consistency to not give me a sour stomach; even on leg day.

After using 2 containers I noticed absolutely no side effects, unless you consider notable gains, a side effect.

While taking a pre-workout, I will always stack it with a type of intraworkout BCAA (this time Amino X), drink a post-workout protein shake (Cellucor COR-Performance Whey), and take my daily Casien shake (Optimum Nutrition Micellar Casein) before bed.

My workout plan is consistent over 8 week periods of time with 5 days of lifting and 2 rest days during the week. Each lifting day includes 1-2 major muscle groups, abdominals, and 20 minutes of cardio to cool down.

Depending on where its bought, it can be a little on the pricier side. For those who prefer insane amounts of energy/focus, or something you can really feel, this would not be the product for you. If you are patient and value slow and steady gains over fast gains that plataeu quickly, I would say this pre-workout is a well worth the money.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Vascularity
  • Incredible Pump
August 12, 2013

shaarin

Age: 44

August 12, 2013
Pump HD - not that much pump

I tried PUMP HD after a recommendation by the guy at the supplement store. Honestly I didn't feel any difference. I think a can of Red Bull would have given me more energy!
Another downside, the caffeine did not help my sleep either.
    • Worthless
    July 2, 2013

anuifl

Reviews: 3

Age: 25

July 2, 2013
    Pump Hd : No pump at all !!!

Have been using this product for over 2 weeks now.
    Had heard great reviews about the product and thought of giving it a try. But was thoroughly disappointed. I have not felt any sudden urge or difference after using it. I feel tired mid way through the work and doesn't give out much energy.

Positives : I had tried the Orange flavor and pretty good taste and mixes well.
      June 28, 2013

Reviews: 81

Age: 30

June 28, 2013
      PUMP HD ? More like PUMP FLOP

I will be brief and to the point, kind of like this product was for me. This is a no thrills just a complete flop as a product. I am being generous with the ratings because I do not believe products should be given zeros across the board unless they are completely worthless, but this pretty much came dead close.

I had a friend at the gym who is pretty jacked and he swore by this stuff. He said "Listen brotherman, this stuff will give you the best pumps you had in your life" and I listened. I never listen to juice heads.. but I listened and I lost $30.

This is marketed as a pre workout for energy and amazing pumps.
      --------------------------------------------------

L-Tyrosine (As Acetyl-L-Tyrosine) **
      Caffeine (As Caffeine Anhydrous) **
      Psoralea (Psoralea Corylifolia) (Seed) **
      Yohimbe (Pausinystalia Yohimbe) (Bark) **
      L-Ornithine (As L-Ornithine Alpha Ketoglutarate)

Who else hates the word proprietary besides me ? Oh hey, how about everyone. Proprietary is one of those words that is used to described when the product is either underdosed or has some really bad ingredients. See above (Professional Endurance and Recovery Blend 1230mg) How much of that is Yohimbe or caffeine or Canrnitine ? who cares, its worthless anyways.

TASTE: 8/10 - I had the Orange Twist. And it was pretty tasty actually. Probably the only best feature of this product.

EFFECTIVENESS: 4/10 - Divided into two categories, the actual NO Pump and the Energy.

PUMP: 1/10 - Hello Pump? where are you pump? looking for pump? I mean come on. Worthless. How can you call your product PUMP and provide ZERO pump. I mean I did the 1 scoop 30 minutes before the workout. Hell I even threw in my normal pack of Animal Stak... and let me tell you the pump was nowhere to be found. Like me having my friends back at a fight (nonexistent).

How does one feel a pump honestly? Maybe it was working and I did not feel it ? Well when I did Nitro II or Chrome Black CO3 I had a heart time going really heavy, because I could feel my veins bulging and my muscles tightening and my vascularity popping off the charts. What did Pump HD give me ? nothing! ZIP, ZERO, NOTHING! Even if I used it as a placebo effect, I still felt nothing. Major fail.

ENERGY: 3/10 - Yea you could feel a little minor boost, but nothing like I am used to with a good pre workout. Did this energy last throughout my entire workout ? Of course not! Also whatever energy you feel initially quickly dispersed 20 minutes into the workout. And then you get this slugging feel to it. Horrible.

VALUE: 30 servings at $25 ish... eh Id rather spend a little more for something more effective. A dud is still a dud.

OVERALL: 3/10 - I cannot believe I am being so generous as to even give this a 3. I mean the problem with prop blends is if you try to up the dosage you might be overdosing the caffeine with yohimbine + every other ingredient in it, and it could seriously put a lot of pressure on your heart, depending on your workout. Did I mention I hate prop blends ? Because I despise them.

Will I recommend this product to anyone else ? NO! Stay away, get a good pre workout and throw a separate pump product in it. Agmantine works great so I hear.

Pros:
      Cons:
        • Worthless
        • Will Not Save You From Zombie Apocalypse
        • A Little Dangerous
        ODAAT365

WingedHussar

Reviews: 17

Age: 22

May 21, 2013
        The Prodigal Company's attempt win back consumers.

Hello and thanks everyone for checking out my review. Today it’s BPI’s Pump-HD. There’s been much controversy recently having to do with BPI. Many of their products like Blox, A-HD, and Solid have received either bad or really mediocre reviews and if you’ve perused many boards or forums you’ll know that there’s a good deal of people who have lost faith in this company entirely. Is this another stinker? Well read on.
        Ingredients/ Dosing: 6/10
        Serving Size: 1 Scoop(11g)
        Servings Per Container: 30

Caffeine (As Caffeine Anhydrous) **
        Psoralea Corylifolia (Seed) **
        Pausinystalia Yohimbe (Bark) **
        L-Ornithine (As L-Ornithine Alpha Ketoglutarate) **

What I like about this stack is that BPI had a clear goal in mind and set out to give you the ingredients that make a difference. Glycerol is great because it is known to push water and nutrition into your muscles, and provides the electrolytes, calcium, and aminos needed to help your muscles rebuild and work at their peak. Yohimbine ,Caffeine, and Taurine are great for boosting energy. What I don’t like is that for all the good things that are in here, there’s a lot that’s missing. Where is the agmatine, citrulline, or any of the other products you would expect here? They’re missing, and it doesn’t bode well for this product. The usual ingredients are also here like beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate which is good, but they’re nothing special in comparison to some other pre-workouts. I also like that at least some of the ingredients aren't under a proprietary blend, but it's too bad most of the important ones are.

Taste: 9/10

The taste of this product pretty much blew me away. Pump-HD has a lightly chalky taste, but the flavor is never overpowering and it isn’t cheaply trying to cover over the nasty taste of some products. I bought the watermelon flavor, but I had a couple chances to try the Fruit Punch flavor as well. Both are good, and the taste isn’t ever overpowering. The fruit punch has a slightly more intense flavor so roll with that one if it’s what you’re looking for. This product produces next to no grit, doesn’t clump up, have any floaters, and no aftertaste whatsoever. Upon drinking it the only sensation you’re left with afterwards is a minor pectin-like feeling/taste on your teeth. It’s tough to describe, but it’s almost like an easier version of the feeling that waxy maize leaves in one’s mouth. The dose is just one modest scoop, but advanced trainees are going to want to use two or three to really get things going.

Pump: 7/10

Here’s the important part. Pump-HD gets to work quickly and is especially noticeable when taken on upper body days -specifically arms or shoulders. When I used this on my leg days, I didn’t get much of a sense of anything. No pump in my calves, hamstrings, or quads, and no visible pump. I suppose this is to be expected, in my experience I don’t often get much of a “leg pump”.

Arm and shoulder days were quite a different story though. The pumps were almost immediate. I was barely halfway through my warm=up sets and the veins along my shoulders and biceps were already popping up pretty visibly. This increased vascularity stayed with me for the entirety of my workouts, and by the end my arms were noticeably bigger (as well they should be) as opposed to me not using a pre-workout at all.
        That being said, I’ve heard several people tell me that their pumps actually hurt when they took this product. I call bull poo. While the pump comes on quickly, it’s pretty average and overall nothing to write home about.

Energy: 4/10
        This flat out stunk. I suppose it did it’s job by getting me to the gym, but this product is low in stimulants so any Craze, Jack3d, or Mr. Hyde fans might as well ignore this product. Any sort of energy I had was quickly swept away and I know that if I had tried for longer workouts I would have burnt out. The energy generally doesn’t last very long either, roughly 45 minutes maximum. I didn’t crash, but I didn’t exactly “get wings” either. Looking back at it, this was really disappointing for me, but anyone sensitive to stims could make good use of this product.

I also didn't notice any boost in focus at all, which makes sense since there's very little in order to provoke such a response. This is disappointing since many of today's best pre-workouts make this a priority to maximize the mind-muscle connection among athletes.

This product usually runs around 30 bones. That’s pretty normal nowadays since pre-workouts have taken off the way they have, but I don’t think it’s really worth it. This pre has some basic energy boosters and is promising the world as far as a pump. I figure if this were five bucks cheaper, it’d sell significantly more. What’s worse, there’s 30 servings, and if you’re taking at least a couple scoops like I am, that’s 15 servings or less which is crap.

Side Effects: 10/10 (higher being better)
        Nothing. No runs, nausea, jitters, stomach pains, gas, or burp-back. For some this is commonplace, but I often react poorly to most pre-workouts, so I certainly appreciated this fact. Even when taking more than one scoop, I didn’t see any bad sides.

I had high hopes for this product and I actually wanted BPI to pull itself up by its britches to bring about a good product. What I got was an over-priced, over-advertised pump product that promised much and delivered about a third of that. It’s a real shame because this product could have been much better since many of the positives are undercut by the fact that this product is in many ways under-dosed and under-researched. In the end, it could have been really unique, but instead it’s about as middle of the road as they come. It’s a disservice to us lifters that BPI has gone the route that it has, and a shame this product did absolutely nothing to try to win me back into the company’s good graces.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Incredible Taste
        • Great Vascularity
        • Not A Great Value

Reviews: 20
        Reputation: +825
        Really good review

April 8, 2013

kamorey219

Reviews: 8

Age: 40

April 8, 2013
         After falling into the massive marketing scam BPI has going for itself, with flashy ads and the king of bodybuilding as their spokesman, I am not ready to complete a review of this product.

Mixability 8
        For a pre-workout, this actually mixed really well with little to no settling. I was actually able to mix it with a spoon as well.

Taste 7
        I ran the orange and it was actually pretty decent, especially for a pre.

Profile 6
        The profile is decent, but very under-dosed.

Effectiveness 4
        I am pretty stim tolerant, and I really didn't feel jittery or focused at all, in fact I used this on weekdays (6pm) so as not to affect my sleep and used the more powerful pre's on weekends. You will feel the beta alanine, but not as much as you would think. Also, if you are sensitive to niacin, this has a lot in it (30mg). I was not able to push any more weight, and when I upped the dosage to 2 scoops it simply made my stomach ache and made me light headed. I did get somewhat vascular, but not as much as Juggernaut, and not enough to really speak about.

Value 5
        This is about a $1 per serving, less if you have to take more than 1 scoop, not a good value really.

Overall 6
        Boy, if we could rate BPI on taste, mix-ability and packaging they would get 10's all day, unfortunately we purchase the product for effectiveness.

Reviews: 20
          Reputation: +825
          Nice review

January 22, 2013

Reviews: 12

Age: 28

January 22, 2013
           While I usually stay away from BPI products, I was given a free bottle of this so I figured I would give it a shot. To say the least, I'm glad the bottle was free because I would've been ***ed off had I paid $5 for it.

Taste (9/10):
          I might as well start with the only really good part of the product. I had the blue-ice lemonade flavor, and simply put it was amazing. Taste isn't really a big factor for me, but it was a plus to have something taste as good as this did.

Profile (4/10):
          As this is a concentrated pre-workout, I will admit that the amount of ingredients in it is fairly impressive. However, a ton of ingredients doesn't mean much if most of them are under-dosed. Creatine is a good addition, but not going to do a lot at 2000 mg. Beet root provides nitrates, but 1000 mg isn't going to translate out to a great pump. Beta-alanine dosed at 1000 mg is only about 1/3 of a full days dose. Glycerol is what I'm assuming BPI is going to say is causing the pump, however, 1000 mg is basically worthless. While the studies differ, most indicate you need at least 7.5 grams to get the true effect. It looks impressive on the surface, but in reality it is just BPI trying to make things look more impressive than they really are.

Effectiveness (3/10):
          I gave this a three because it gave me a ton of energy, but I felt jittery as hell due to the 300+ mg of caffeine and yohimbe. As far as the pump goes, I will be generous and compare it to other concentrated pre-workouts like the original Jack3d or C4, but it was nowhere near as good as Jack3d micro. To top it off, while my energy levels were good, I saw no increase in endurance, strength, or focus.

Value (3/10):
          The price seems to average around $30, which isn't bad for a pre-workout. However, $30 is a little much for a product that gives a minimal pump and energy you could get from a cup of coffee.

Overall (3/10):
          I gave this a three for one main reason. If you name a product "Pump HD", I expect to get a pump from it. I would put this in the same category as most of BPI's other products. It is flashy and marketed well, but in the end the product just doesn't live up to the hype.
          Pros:
          Cons:
          • Incredible Taste

Joined: 1/2011
          Reviews: 12
          Reputation: +67
          Disregard the 3 rating the in review for effectiveness and value. I was going to give it that, but when I thought about it I couldn't.

Reply #2:
          Frankiemusc
          Frankiemusc

Joined: 8/2010
          Reviews: 37
          Reputation: +1228
          Honest review

I just finished a tub of this myself.

It made me extremely edgy during and for 6 hours after my workout even at a half scoop.

Reply #3:

tle

Joined: 12/2012
          Reviews: 0
          Reputation: 0
          Thank you dawg84! I'm so glad I won't have to waste my money on this product. Also, it's nice to see a fellow Atlantan on here. I was going to PM you for some workout tips but the bloody rule about making at least 15 posts before I can do it. o_0

December 19, 2012

FBGM1495

Age: 18

December 19, 2012
           I have tried pretty much every pre-workout that is on the market. Pump-HD is by far, the best pre-workout I have ever had. It even beats BPI's 1.M.R.. Overall, I would give this product an 8/10.

Pump/Vascularity: Given it's name, I would hope that the pump is good. And trust me, its amazing. The pump is really insan, it feels really, really, good. Also, you get veiny as can be. You look great and everyone gets jealous.

Taste: As I mentioned, I have tried almost every pre-workout that is on the market. This one, by far, tastes the best. I had the "Orange-Twist" flavor. It tastes like an oragne cream-sickle. I was pretty hesitant about the flavor when I was buying it because im not really into orange flavored things, however, the guy at GNC recommended it. He was right. It tastes amazing.

Value: The price is worth what it gives you. I believe its around $35.00, which is not too bad given amount of servings. Its about 30/container.

WARNING: The reason why this product is an overall 8/10 is due to its levels of caffine and the danger that it poses. I am not sure how much caffene is in each serving. That being said, I am not sensative to a lot of stimulants and I can handle a lot. But I warn you, do not exceed one scoop of this stuff. I did this twice and both times, I thought I was having a heart attack. If you take more than one scoop (which is the recommended amount), please be careful. The first time that this heart attack feeling occurred was when I was doing preacher curls. I put the weight down and my heart was just racing and pounding and it would not stop. So I emplore you again, do not exceed one scoop.

With all of that said, I would still recommend this product. The feeling you have as well as the benefit of it during and after your workout are worth everything. Also the taste is just impecible.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Incredible Taste
          • Great Vascularity
          • Incredible Pump
          • Insane Focus
          • A Little Dangerous
          Isplisgardt
          Isplisgardt

Joined: 2/2011
          Reviews: 17
          Reputation: +650
          35$ for 30 servings isn't that great of a value

Have you used Pump HD? Submit your own Review!