Home > Categories > Pre-Workout > Stimulant > BPI > 1MR Vortex > Reviews

1MR Vortex

By BPI
1MR Vortex BPI
6.4/10
(Weighted average based on 3 Reviews)

Ranks #152 of 161 (better than 6%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

workoutguru

Vortex yeah right.

A While back I won a contest on strongsupplementshop.com facebook page to win a free container of this. I was pretty excited to give this a try since it was a new product BPI came out with. I was though a little skeptical on this product since I am not a big fan of BPI products in general and had something happen with this product at the gym I workout at. I have never taken a product before that was this big of an disappoint as this was.

Ingredients:
Niacin (as nicotinic acid) 20 mg 100%
FULL SPEED VORTEXâ„¢ MATRIX (Proprietary) 1,705 mg
Glycerol (as glycerol monostearate)
Indigofera pulchra (aerial)
Caffeine (as caffeine anhydrous)
White leadwort (root)
Securinega (Securinega suffruticosa) (leaf and root)
Yohimbe (Pausinystalia yohimbe) (bark)

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, sucralose, malic acid, acesulfame-K, silica, maltodextrin, and FD&C Red No. 40.

Not really impressed with the ingredient profile at all in this product. Plus they put this in one big prop blend which I don't like. The over all prop blend in this seems to be rather under dosed to where it should be at to make it effective.

Value:
Most sites are selling this for around $30. For this product. For what this product did for me it should be no more than $15 to $20 at most I will explain.

Taste/Mixing/Dosing

Taste:
Fruit Punch is the flavor I got. It was ok tasting. Nothing real great and kind of flat on taste. It was nothing I was overly excited to drink. At least it did not have any medicine after taste to it like some pre-workouts have. I did see they came out with a new flavor which I do think sounds really good blueberry lemon ice but probably will never try.

Mixing:
This stuff did not mix up very well at all. After I would mix it there was still a lot of stuff floating on the top and there were a lot of little pieces left over on the side of my shaker cup.

Dosing:
This is where it was very interesting. It says to start with one scoop. From what I heard from another guy who tried this which I will explain about later I started with 2 scoops. Then I had to up it to three 3 scoops for the rest of the container. I will explain in the effectiveness part.

Where do I start on this product. WOW what a disappointment this product was for me. Here is a little story about what happen to this product at the gym I work out at. There is this big guy I workout with that got this about a week before I got mine. He started with 2 scoops and said he felt nothing off it then the next day he took 3 scoops and still did not feel anything off it. He did not like it and gave it to another guy we work out with who is a an older guy and he thought it was to strong and did not like how it made him feel and only took it a few times and gave it to another guy to try. Now this will be the third guy to have tried this. This third guy did not like it because it gave him horrible upset stomach and then he gave it to another guy to try. This fourth guy who got this did not like it either. He said he felt a little something off it and about half way through his work out he said he could feel nothing off it any more. Weather this guy is still taking it I don't know.

After all this went down I was not looking forward to taking this. I started with 2 scoops the first day and felt nothing off it. The next day I decided to try 3 scoops and see if I could notice anything and it was slightly better but still nothing like it should have been. I stuck with 3 scoops for the rest of the container just so I could get rid of it quicker.

I felt next to no energy off this. The focus off this was horrible and gave me no extra drive so I could focus better on my workouts. Pumps from this were pretty much non existant. BPI I think you better go back to your drawing board and re think this product. If your taking 3 plus scoops of a pre-workout and you don't feel anything off it than there is something wrong with it. There is no reason you should ever have to take that many scoops at once just to feel something off it. If I had to take that many scoops every time I would have to buy pre-workouts every couple weeks what a joke that would be. The last guy who had this when it was being passed around is someone who never takes pre-workouts and for that reason you would think it would hit him pretty hard but still did nothing for him either. I had a sample of this I got when I won this and gave to a guy to try and he tried it and said it was really weak.

Not sure what it would take to make this a better product. I would be embarrassed if I was BPI to release a garage product like this.

Overall:
In no way would I recommend this product. Unless they decided to reformulate it I won't be trying it again. This product pretty much does nothing for you and just a big waste of money. So glad I did not have to spend my own money on this product.

Pros:
Cons:
    • No Increased Engery
    • No Pumps

Posted February 27, 2014
    But but, Jay Cutler said this stuff is insane!!!...... lol :)

Nice review man.

cssrss

Posted March 1, 2014
    Legend has it that the tub of Vortex is still being passed around to this day........

Vortex

Effectiveness:(4/10)

This Stuff Is Did nothing for me for some reason i even took up to 4 scoops and didnt feel a thing no pumps or anything, i think i get more energy from a monster energy drink!

Side Effects: i had no side effects at all running this unless you run on...
    Effectiveness:(4/10)

Side Effects: i had no side effects at all running this unless you run on 4 scoops then like if you dont eat a hour after working out you will start to feel sick to your stomach

Price 4/10: I gave this a 4/10 bc i got a discount when i bought around x-mas time got 2 bottles for like 23Bucks each free shirt free shipping and some kind of j cuttler book even tho i dont like him lol and ect, Thought why not so it seem'd decent

Mixablity/taste: wow this stuff does not mix at all i swear it was like grit water if that makes sence flavor was good tho

OverAll: 4/10 This stuff is prolly the weakest pre i have ever tried didnt get crazy energy or anything like all the hyph was leading up to be but what ever i tried it and didnt do anything sadly might be different for some one else Good luck all

ps this is my 2nd review on here so if I missed some thing just let me know and I will touch up on what I can as of questions and so on

Posted January 19, 2014
      Not horrible man I definitely got the just but just maybe go into more detail on the ingredients. It will give the readers a great idea of if it is worth it by the ingredient profile.

Posted January 19, 2014
      ok thanks, i will try to hit on that on the next review

irondude

Posted January 19, 2014
      Probably you didnt follow the recommended dosage and at the end of your work out you need to walk it off!!!

Posted January 19, 2014
      Lol, I over dosed it and nothing came about seen other ppl post on there fb page as well saying it was crap, I got banned for stay it
      Isn't work for me :-/ sadly it's all about
      Money now days

Posted January 19, 2014
      I seriously doubt it's the strongest thing Jay Cutlers ever taken

Posted January 19, 2014
      I seriously doubt he uses bpi products at all. Aside from maybe their protein, but that's not even that great

Clipper83

Posted January 20, 2014
      If I got free Blox, I'd be drinkin that all day. It's the best tasting amino product by far... Still sucks though

Posted January 23, 2014
      You took 4 scoops?!?!?! Jesus man I am as big a junkie as there is and two scoops is my limit on this... maybe you got a bad batch or something because my heart would explode at 4 scoops.

Posted January 27, 2014
      had 2 bottles and tried both about to finish the 2nd tho but just doin 3 scoops but i guess its better then nothin i guess

Posted January 30, 2014
      Next up hemo rage and super nos pump coming up so try to check them out.

chim

1.M.R Vor...NEXT!

Just finished my container of 1.M.R Vortex Fruit Punch flavor and thought that I should share my honest opinion of an extremely over-hyped product! I bought this product when it first advertised on bodybuilding.com awhile ago for an introductory rate. I thought the price and servings was pretty decent and decided to give it a go! I followed the recommended 1 serving and increased to two servings after a week. Here goes my review...

Profile:
      Serving Size 1 Scoop
      Servings Per Container 50

Amount Per Serving

Serving % DV
      Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid) 20 mg 100.000%

Full Speed Vortex Matrix (Proprietary) 1705 mg -

Proprietary Blends

Full Speed Vortex Matrix (Proprietary)
      Glycerol (as glycerol monostearate) (*DV), Indigofera pulchra (aerial) (*DV), Caffeine (as caeine anhydrous) (*DV), Wheat leadwort (root) (*DV), Securinega (Securinega suffruticosa) (leaf and root) (*DV), Yohimbe (Pausinystalia yohimbe) (bark) (*DV).

This product was a hit or miss for me, even after increasing to 2 scoops. There was definitely no consistency with increase in strength, unstoppable energy, or enhanced performance as stated on bodybuilding.com. I really wanted this product to work so it may be placebo that some days I did feel more energy and some days I felt nothing at all. My strength has remained the same and my performance was only enhanced by my own willpower. The effectiveness of this product was incredibly weak for a pre workout that former Mr. O claims, "Crazy, crazy, crazy!" The only thing that's crazy is the credibility of this company and this product. Vor...NEXT!!!

Mixability & Taste: 3/10
      I've tried many fruit punch flavored PWO, but this tastes nothing like it. It just tastes like sugar water with a little bit of red food coloring. The mixability is pretty horrendous as well. This product doesn't mix adequately when you stir with a spoon or shake it. I always notice little clumps of the product floating in my shaker. 3 out of 10 in my book.

I got this product at an introductory rate $23 and some change. For 50 Servings, that is $0.46 per serving. I wish all PWO's came at this price for the amount of servings. One can only dream. As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for." In this case, you get a lemon for what you pay for.

After using this product, I don't think that I would recommend it to anyone. B.P.I.'s Vortex fell short of my expectations and did not live up to its claims. Although the price may be decent and the servings are outstanding, the effectiveness just isn't worth the money. There are plenty of other decent PWO's out there, skip this one.

• Little Clumps
      • No Increased Engery
      • No Pumps

workoutguru

Posted March 14, 2014
      This is a horrible product. I would be embarrassed if I was BPI and put a product out like this.

chim

Posted March 14, 2014
      They should really come here and read the reviews.

iSamurai

Posted March 14, 2014
      I had a few sample packs and the first workout was good, but the next 2 caused me to crash so hard.