1MR Vortex

By: BPI

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

5.4
10 5

Ranks #174 of 175 (better than 1%) in

1MR Vortex is a Pre-Workout manufactured by BPI. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
FORUM TOPICS
COMPARE SIMILAR

eller44
  February 23, 2015

There was a good deal on this (like there always seems to be) for BYGO on bodybuilding.com awhile back of the 150g (50 serving) tub. I decided to try it out because im poor and sometimes I make bad choices!

Ingredient Profile - 5
Just a big blend of Glycerol, caffeine and some other stuff. I don't know a lot about the other ingredients except yohimbe (which i kind of like in a pre-workout) but I haven't been a big fan of glycerol and the prop blend isn't something I like about BPI products. Overall not really impressive.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing - 9
The one thing that really was nice about this PWO was the taste. I really enjoyed the flavors (I had sour watermelon and blueberry lemon ice). It mixed really easy with however much water you want to use I used about 6-8oz for 2 scoops because I like it a little stronger tasting.

Effectiveness - 3
This product did not do it for me. The first time I took it i got a little boost of energy for about a half hour of my workout but unfortunately it quickly went away which left me upset. The pump and focus was...well...none i guess. Oh but did I mention it tastes good! Anyway I continued changing the dosing and timing of when I would take it for the next 10 days or so and this product turned out to be really consistent!....consistently disappointing.

Value - 7
I got 100 servings for $27 (BYGO) which is basically 40-50 workouts because believe it or not you have to take 2-3 scoops if you hope to fell any sort of energy. The price per serving is fantastic...if a serving was worth taking that is.

Side Effects - 7
I did on occasion experience some stomach discomfort and would have to take a bathroom break during my workout. This was really the only indication that I had actually taken something before my workout so at least I know it wasn't just sugar in the scoop. Also a little anger was a side effect because I realized that im now even more poor after buying it and now I have to just go buy a different PWO!

Conclusion
Well if the review wasn't very clear Ill sum it up. Don't waste your money on this kool-aid. If you're looking for a nice delicious treat to enjoy with your chicken breast or some delicious green beans then go ahead and get it! However, if you you want a PWO that's effective im going to have to say steer clear!
  • No Focus

• medinacirilo
    February 23, 2015

You mean it didn't make you pace around the gym, half asleep, mumbling "this is real time" like Jay Cutler did lol!
    February 24, 2015

I had a couple tubs of this and feel the same way you did, very tasty for sure but not very effective! Great review and very helpful eller, I hope this will only make bpi take this product and add some proper ingredients lol. By chance have you had the old 1mr version?
  • eller44
    February 24, 2015

No I have never used the old one. Iv read better things about that one but probably not going to try it lol
    February 24, 2015

Yeah I have read good things about the old formula also, just as jack3d was at the time too!
  • SkinnyFat
    February 25, 2015

Kalans, I find it positively adorable you think that bpi will use reviews like this to make better products :-p

In all seriousness, they suck, and will surely continue to suck, and every legit review on this that I have read or heard from customers has been terrible, except for one guy who told me, in all seriousness, "if a 4 time Mr Olympia says it's the strongest stuff he's taken then you know it's good"...ugh

Eller, good review !
  • Brotein
    February 27, 2015

Good review. This stuff actually made me really nauseous the one time I tried it
workoutguru
  February 27, 2014

A While back I won a contest on strongsupplementshop.com facebook page to win a free container of this. I was pretty excited to give this a try since it was a new product BPI came out with. I was though a little skeptical on this product since I am not a big fan of BPI products in general and had something happen with this product at the gym I workout at. I have never taken a product before that was this big of an disappoint as this was.

Ingredients:
Niacin (as nicotinic acid) 20 mg 100%
FULL SPEED VORTEXâ„¢ MATRIX (Proprietary) 1,705 mg
Glycerol (as glycerol monostearate)
Indigofera pulchra (aerial)
Caffeine (as caffeine anhydrous)
White leadwort (root)
Securinega (Securinega suffruticosa) (leaf and root)
Yohimbe (Pausinystalia yohimbe) (bark)

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, sucralose, malic acid, acesulfame-K, silica, maltodextrin, and FD&C Red No. 40.

Not really impressed with the ingredient profile at all in this product. Plus they put this in one big prop blend which I don't like. The over all prop blend in this seems to be rather under dosed to where it should be at to make it effective.

Value:
Most sites are selling this for around $30. For this product. For what this product did for me it should be no more than $15 to $20 at most I will explain.

Taste/Mixing/Dosing

Taste:
Fruit Punch is the flavor I got. It was ok tasting. Nothing real great and kind of flat on taste. It was nothing I was overly excited to drink. At least it did not have any medicine after taste to it like some pre-workouts have. I did see they came out with a new flavor which I do think sounds really good blueberry lemon ice but probably will never try.

Mixing:
This stuff did not mix up very well at all. After I would mix it there was still a lot of stuff floating on the top and there were a lot of little pieces left over on the side of my shaker cup.

Dosing:
This is where it was very interesting. It says to start with one scoop. From what I heard from another guy who tried this which I will explain about later I started with 2 scoops. Then I had to up it to three 3 scoops for the rest of the container. I will explain in the effectiveness part.

Where do I start on this product. WOW what a disappointment this product was for me. Here is a little story about what happen to this product at the gym I work out at. There is this big guy I workout with that got this about a week before I got mine. He started with 2 scoops and said he felt nothing off it then the next day he took 3 scoops and still did not feel anything off it. He did not like it and gave it to another guy we work out with who is a an older guy and he thought it was to strong and did not like how it made him feel and only took it a few times and gave it to another guy to try. Now this will be the third guy to have tried this. This third guy did not like it because it gave him horrible upset stomach and then he gave it to another guy to try. This fourth guy who got this did not like it either. He said he felt a little something off it and about half way through his work out he said he could feel nothing off it any more. Weather this guy is still taking it I don't know.

After all this went down I was not looking forward to taking this. I started with 2 scoops the first day and felt nothing off it. The next day I decided to try 3 scoops and see if I could notice anything and it was slightly better but still nothing like it should have been. I stuck with 3 scoops for the rest of the container just so I could get rid of it quicker.

I felt next to no energy off this. The focus off this was horrible and gave me no extra drive so I could focus better on my workouts. Pumps from this were pretty much non existant. BPI I think you better go back to your drawing board and re think this product. If your taking 3 plus scoops of a pre-workout and you don't feel anything off it than there is something wrong with it. There is no reason you should ever have to take that many scoops at once just to feel something off it. If I had to take that many scoops every time I would have to buy pre-workouts every couple weeks what a joke that would be. The last guy who had this when it was being passed around is someone who never takes pre-workouts and for that reason you would think it would hit him pretty hard but still did nothing for him either. I had a sample of this I got when I won this and gave to a guy to try and he tried it and said it was really weak.

Not sure what it would take to make this a better product. I would be embarrassed if I was BPI to release a garage product like this.

Overall:
In no way would I recommend this product. Unless they decided to reformulate it I won't be trying it again. This product pretty much does nothing for you and just a big waste of money. So glad I did not have to spend my own money on this product.

• MuscleCow
    February 27, 2014

But but, Jay Cutler said this stuff is insane!!!...... lol :)

Nice review man.
  • cssrss
    March 1, 2014

Legend has it that the tub of Vortex is still being passed around to this day........
chim
  March 14, 2014

Just finished my container of 1.M.R Vortex Fruit Punch flavor and thought that I should share my honest opinion of an extremely over-hyped product! I bought this product when it first advertised on bodybuilding.com awhile ago for an introductory rate. I thought the price and servings was pretty decent and decided to give it a go! I followed the recommended 1 serving and increased to two servings after a week. Here goes my review...

Profile:
Serving Size 1 Scoop
Servings Per Container 50

Amount Per Serving

Serving % DV
Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid) 20 mg 100.000%

Full Speed Vortex Matrix (Proprietary) 1705 mg -

Proprietary Blends

Full Speed Vortex Matrix (Proprietary)
Glycerol (as glycerol monostearate) (*DV), Indigofera pulchra (aerial) (*DV), Caffeine (as caeine anhydrous) (*DV), Wheat leadwort (root) (*DV), Securinega (Securinega suffruticosa) (leaf and root) (*DV), Yohimbe (Pausinystalia yohimbe) (bark) (*DV).

This product was a hit or miss for me, even after increasing to 2 scoops. There was definitely no consistency with increase in strength, unstoppable energy, or enhanced performance as stated on bodybuilding.com. I really wanted this product to work so it may be placebo that some days I did feel more energy and some days I felt nothing at all. My strength has remained the same and my performance was only enhanced by my own willpower. The effectiveness of this product was incredibly weak for a pre workout that former Mr. O claims, "Crazy, crazy, crazy!" The only thing that's crazy is the credibility of this company and this product. Vor...NEXT!!!

Mixability & Taste: 3/10
I've tried many fruit punch flavored PWO, but this tastes nothing like it. It just tastes like sugar water with a little bit of red food coloring. The mixability is pretty horrendous as well. This product doesn't mix adequately when you stir with a spoon or shake it. I always notice little clumps of the product floating in my shaker. 3 out of 10 in my book.

I got this product at an introductory rate $23 and some change. For 50 Servings, that is $0.46 per serving. I wish all PWO's came at this price for the amount of servings. One can only dream. As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for." In this case, you get a lemon for what you pay for.

After using this product, I don't think that I would recommend it to anyone. B.P.I.'s Vortex fell short of my expectations and did not live up to its claims. Although the price may be decent and the servings are outstanding, the effectiveness just isn't worth the money. There are plenty of other decent PWO's out there, skip this one.

• Little Clumps

• workoutguru
    March 14, 2014

This is a horrible product. I would be embarrassed if I was BPI and put a product out like this.
  • chim
    March 14, 2014

They should really come here and read the reviews.
  • iSamurai
    March 14, 2014

I had a few sample packs and the first workout was good, but the next 2 caused me to crash so hard.
TheSirow

Effectiveness:(4/10)

This Stuff Is Did nothing for me for some reason i even took up to 4 scoops and didnt feel a thing no pumps or anything, i think i get more energy from a monster energy drink!

Side Effects: i had no side effects at all running this unless you run on 4 scoops then like if you dont eat a hour after working out you will start to feel sick to your stomach

Price 4/10: I gave this a 4/10 bc i got a discount when i bought around x-mas time got 2 bottles for like 23Bucks each free shirt free shipping and some kind of j cuttler book even tho i dont like him lol and ect, Thought why not so it seem'd decent

Mixablity/taste: wow this stuff does not mix at all i swear it was like grit water if that makes sence flavor was good tho

OverAll: 4/10 This stuff is prolly the weakest pre i have ever tried didnt get crazy energy or anything like all the hyph was leading up to be but what ever i tried it and didnt do anything sadly might be different for some one else Good luck all

ps this is my 2nd review on here so if I missed some thing just let me know and I will touch up on what I can as of questions and so on

• brenth6112
    January 19, 2014

Not horrible man I definitely got the just but just maybe go into more detail on the ingredients. It will give the readers a great idea of if it is worth it by the ingredient profile.
    January 19, 2014

Ok thanks, i will try to hit on that on the next review
  • irondude
    January 19, 2014

Probably you didnt follow the recommended dosage and at the end of your work out you need to walk it off!!!
    January 19, 2014

Lol, I over dosed it and nothing came about seen other ppl post on there fb page as well saying it was crap, I got banned for stay it
    Isn't work for me :-/ sadly it's all about
    Money now days
  • medinacirilo
    January 19, 2014

I seriously doubt it's the strongest thing Jay Cutlers ever taken
  • locospider09
    January 19, 2014

I seriously doubt he uses bpi products at all. Aside from maybe their protein, but that's not even that great
  • Clipper83
    January 20, 2014

If I got free Blox, I'd be drinkin that all day. It's the best tasting amino product by far... Still sucks though
  • Mattmac1017
    January 23, 2014

You took 4 scoops?!?!?! Jesus man I am as big a junkie as there is and two scoops is my limit on this... maybe you got a bad batch or something because my heart would explode at 4 scoops.
    January 27, 2014

Had 2 bottles and tried both about to finish the 2nd tho but just doin 3 scoops but i guess its better then nothin i guess
    January 30, 2014

Next up hemo rage and super nos pump coming up so try to check them out.
kalans
  February 24, 2015

I want to thank BPI for awarding me the free 50 serving container of 1.M.R Vortex Sour Watermelon from a facebook contest. This review will cover the free container I received and also the 50 serving container of 1.M.R Vortex Fruit Punch I had purchased weeks before winning the contest.

My name is Kalan, weightlifting is a hobby of mine and being a Endomorph I am very successful at putting on muscle mass. I have tried many different supplements and in this case Pre-Workouts. In the vast amount of Pre-Workouts I have had, this is not in the top! I had 1 week off all stims (and PWO's) before running this product. At the time of its release I was following heavily into Jay Culter's new bb.com trainer series and was eagerly waiting for Vortex to arrive, boy was I fooled. I consumed Vortex on a empty stomach and with the directed amount of water.

Product: http://goo.gl/cLP3wp

Nutrition Facts (3/10)
This is BPI's reformulated 1.M.R Pre-Workout now labeled "1.M.R Vortex", the difference is of these versions are outlined in the image link here: http://goo.gl/4jcS2I

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (3 grams)
Servings Per Bottle: 50
Amount Per Serving DV
Niacin (as nicotinic acid) 20mg
FULL SPEED VORTEX™ MATRIX (Proprietary) 1,705mg *
Glycerol (as glycerol monostearate) (* DV), Indigofera pulchra (aerial) (* DV), Caffeine (as caffeine anhydrous) (* DV), White leadwort (root) (* DV), Securinega (Securinega suffruticosa) (leaf and root) (* DV), Yohimbe (Pausinystalia yohimbe) (bark) (* DV)
* Daily Value (DV) not established.
Other Ingredients:
Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Malic Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, and FD&C Red No. 40

So if you are looking at the image above you may be wondering why they updated their product and why it is a completely different formula aside from the Niacin and Caffeine, the answer is unknown but I assume it is to make more money on an already underdosed product, added Glycerol for "Increased Strength", and become "relevant" again. This is a microdosed product so the scoops are really small (3 grams), which makes this product 42.5% additives/flavoring (3 grams total scoop / (1.705g Proprietary Blend + 20 mg of Niacin)). The numbers should speak for themselves, this is a very underdosed product itself. The product warnings do state that the recommended serving (2 scoops) contains approximately as much caffeine as two cups of coffee, which is 80mg per cup. So you don't get enough caffeine to get the energy or focus as promised.

Mixability (4/10)
Compared to the other Pre-Workouts I have had there is always some sort of floaters unless it is instantized, and with the vortex it is definitely present. I have mixed 1 scoop with 6 ounces of water (it was cold, which could prevent some of the sucralose from mixing), and with two scoops I mixed in 12 ounces of water. There are some white floaters on top (which remind me of aspirin crushed up in home remedy drinks), and after the drinking/pouring of it you can see quite a bit left behind (again I assume part of it to be sucralose). Below are two example images of 1 scoop, see for yourself.

Floaters: http://goo.gl/7IpLCl
Particles: http://goo.gl/3lTfh2

Taste (10/10)
I had two flavors: Sour Watermelon and Fruit Punch. Both flavors were really good! They both go down with no issues, and give me the craving for more! Not much to add here, taste is always very biased and varies between person to person but I have no doubt the other flavors are just as good!

The value of this product is not horrible, because you can normally get it as a BOGO/BTGO deal but since you can't count on always snagging a deal you can get it for $22 at allstarhealth or even $18 on Ebay. Being you need at least two scoops to get any effect of energy (160mg caffeine) that makes it 36 cents a serving, and if you were to get a BOGO deal it would be a little cheaper. Even at two scoops you are getting a PWO for 72 cents, which is more than half that of many others (non microdosed).

Conclusion (6/10)
This product has issues mixing but doesn't seem to be an issue with its limited effects, has a very poor formula/ingredient profile, tastes amazing, but is very cheap. Would I recommend it? Maybe, but you would be better off taking a caffeine pill that you can get for even cheaper and it would be more effective. If you are on the weary side of its effectiveness and just need the taste of a PWO, you may benefit more from the placebo effect while consuming this product.

Bottom Line
If you can't afford anything better, then you should not buy any Pre-Workouts and get some food instead of this product! This is expensive koolaid when it comes down to it, and you might just make your own PWO with it too (the koolaid)!
  • Floaters
  • Leftover Particles

February 26, 2015

I love your bottom line
    February 26, 2015

Thanks brother Meuth! I posted my review on BB.com and had some information given by a rep, needless to say I have some information I would like to add that will be pretty confirming and helpful :)
    March 2, 2015

UPDATE March 2, 2015
    I posted my review on bb.com and TheFugitive (BPI Sports Rep), posted several replies in regards to my review which are outlined below, skip past the conversation for the update:

Originally Posted by TheFugitive
    The GMS (Glycerol Monostearate) tends to float for a short period till it fully dissolves. You can let it sit for a few extra minutes

Originally Posted by kalans
    I let 1 scoop in 6 ounces of water sit overnight in my fridge and the GMS did not dissolve, I once again had lots of remaining particles left over after pouring out into the glass seen below:

Taken from fridge after 12 hours: goo.gl/wVjBLz
    Leftover particles: goo.gl/iGhZhT

I then put it in my gym bag which sat in my truck for 5 hours while in class, the GMS did not dissolve still
    5 hours in my truck: goo.gl/FSujMI

Given well over 17 hours I think it is safe to say they will not dissolve in any reasonable time (maybe if I boil it), which is the only point I am wanting to make as I am only backing my review.

Originally Posted by TheFugitive;
    1MR Vortex is not a replacement for 1MR

Originally Posted by kalans
    I find this hard to believe seeing it is no longer on bpisport.com, but you can still find it on ebay/amazon so I assume the remaining stock is being sold. Which is it?

Originally Posted by TheFugitive;
    try it on an empty stomach and let it sit for 15 minutes after mixing

In my review I stated:

Here is an image of this post in case it disappears: http://goo.gl/GMNEB1

From the conversation we had there are a few updates:
    -The caffeine dosage is 200mg per scoop (according to TheFugitive), which is a appropiate dose per PWO's. But in my two separate containers and tests, I did not feel this to contain 200mg of caffeine. I have tried this as 1 scoop and 2 scoops fasted and non fasted, neither seemed as effective as he claimed. I am not sure why they would say "contains approximately as much caffeine as two cups of coffee" instead of the actual amount contained, while I could test this at 3 scoops I don't have any left.

-The GMS (Glycerol Monostearate) will not dissolve in this product (given the excessive 17 hours to dissolve), yet in other products I have tried which contained GMS in the form of HydroMax it is dissolvable without any issues.

-TheFugitive confirmed that this is NOT a replacement for 1.M.R, and stated "We recently changed the design of our labels, quite a few products have not been updated with the latest design. 1MR contains beta alanine and creatine where 1MR Vortex is free of both. They share the same name but are two different products". Given time this will reveal to be true, and thus it is not a direct comparison of the two formulas.

-Lastly it was suggested that the "flakes" aka GMS are sweet and tasty, which may be true except in my experience they taste similar to that of aspirin.

I hold no quills to BPI Sports, but I wish this product was more effective with proper labeling and ingredients. If a rep states to let the supplement dissolve for a few mins and it is their personal recommendation, they should put it on their directions. Also, having the caffeine dosage labeled would be essential to me. Stating it to having the same amount as two cups of coffee is not enough, as the dosage of caffeine in the "average" size cup of coffee varies greatly (95-200 mg).

Detailed analisis of the caffeine content for coffee, tea, sodas and more: http://goo.gl/ZF0cYi
    March 2, 2015

I wish I could rep this again now
    March 3, 2015

Haha thanks Meuth! It gave me some prospective on when I do my next review :)
    March 3, 2015

We are looking for more quality reviewers to be part of the community. Going through the old reviews during this approval clean up, it's great to read a new review that has some meat to it.
    March 3, 2015

Right on brother, I am working on the approval process going thought many reviews each time I come online. Glad to be part of the community!

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.