1.M.R Reviews

By: BPI

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #90 of 187 (better than 52%) in

1.M.R is a Pre-Workout manufactured by BPI. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
INGREDIENTS (12)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
MIN. EFF. DOSE
75mg
CATEGORY AVG
169mg

Powdered form of caffeine that has 99% of the water removed and exhibits all the same benefits as standard caffeine: increases alertness, mood, and exercise performance.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
1702mg

Non-essential amino acid that buffers lactic acid in the body by increasing cellular carnitine levels leading to greater endurance, strength, and power.

COMPARE SIMILAR

CamelE
  January 22, 2011

I just finished up my 2nd container of this product, and I love this stuff.

I first received a few samples of this stuff with some orders while I had been currently using my typical, but very effective pre-workout combo of Jack3d + Nitrox II.

On the first day I took it, I simply substituted it with Jack3d and took it with 2 Nitrox II softgels about 45 minutes before my workout. I remember it clearly: I was sitting in a public speaking class and my right knee was like a jackhammer. It was that same pre-workout euphoria like taking one for the first time. My arm pits starting sweating through my shirt. To put simply, I had never been that ready for a workout.

What surprised me the most was it's what I call a "Jack3d knockoff", meaning it is comprised of the same basic ingredients such as:
L-Arginine Alpha Ketogluterate
Beta-Alanine
Creatine Monohydrate
Caffeine
1,3 Dimethylamylamine

And the list goes on, but this does have a few more ingredients than simple-Jack (Tropic Thunder reference). However, none of these ingredients are fillers.

TASTE (10) - Not that it's a huge deal, but to some, stomaching the product to begin with matters. And this stuff is amazing. I've tried both the Lemon Lime and Fruit Punch, and both are delicious. I've always had a soft spot for Lemon Lime, it honestly tastes so good I get a little sad when I finish drinking it.

ENERGY (9): 1.M.R. scores some major points here. From currently taking Jack3d one day to the next trying this, there was a HUGE difference in how much energy I felt I had. I'm pretty naive when it comes to lifting, as I over-train. Sometimes I've lifted for 3 hours straight. Do I care? No. I'd rather be in the gym than watching TV. At the end of my workouts, muscular-strength is pretty depleted, but my alertness and energy are still super high.

PUMPS: It's hard to give this a score since I take with Nitrox II, but they are just as good as the pumps with Jack3d--mainly due to the Nitrox II.

STRENGTH (9) - Ok, this partly has to do with the increased energy, but my strength has increased a good amount since taking this.
Barbell Curls: 95lb (8) → 105lb (6)
Weighted Chins: 45lb (12) → 90lb (7)
Barbell Rows: 195lb (10) → 245lb (6)
Dips: (24) → +45lb (15)

VALUE (8) - I find this product to be reasonably affordable. I get it for about $32 for 84 servings or 28 full scoops. BodyBuilding.com has free samples of this product if you're interested.

TOLERANCE - This could be a problem for some. To begin with, they advertise "1 scoop = 3 scoops of leading competition". In short, it's concentrated similar to Jack3d, except the 3 scoops of Jack3d is the size of 1 scoop of 1.M.R. Don't worry if you don't understand.

Basically, 1 serving size is 1/3 scoop with the max being 1 scoop. I take 1 scoop which has 300mg of caffeine as I find this works best, but because I feel it's stronger, you will probably build a tolerance a lot faster than most, resulting in taking some time off stimulants.

SIDE EFFECTS - Whenever I take this, I usually have to use the little boy's room before my workout. Most pre-workouts I've taken always do this to me anyway. But in my opinion that's a good thing as I want all that poo out of me before I lift (no pun intended). This also did not upset my stomach at all.

I'm usually not one to jump from pre-workout to pre-workout, I like to find one that works and stick with it. But in this case, the change was necessary. 1.M.R. seemed to work so much better for me than Jack3d, which I had been through probably 6 or 7 tubs of.

This is how my current protocol is and I love it:

6:15pm - 1 scoop 1.M.R.
2 Nitrox II softgels

6:50pm - 7.5mg Yohimbine HCL

6:55pm - 5g Modern BCAA

7:00pm - Workout (10g Modern BCAA)

8:50pm - 7.5mg Yohimbine HCL

9:00pm - Cardio

I've been having amazing results with this combination of products in terms of body composition-- fat loss, Muscle Gain, strength, everything. I will soon do a review of Yohimbine but it's not for the faint-hearted.

If you're still jumping around trying different pre-workouts and haven't found one that works for you yet, I highly recommend 1.M.R.
    Rush94
      September 2, 2010

I have been a faithful user of Jack3d for quite some time and have been resistant to trying other preworkouts since I have had some bad experiences with NO Xplode, etc.. However, the 1MR came highly recommended by a friend who works at Vitamin Shoppe so I decided to give it a try. All I can say is .... Wow! Every time I used this before a workout I felt extremely aggressive and focused. I was a freakin' animal in the gym. The experience was very similar to the first time I took the Original Jacked. Very pleased.

The taste is just ok in my opinion. I had the Fruit Punch flavor and it kind of tastes like cough syrup. It mixes pretty well, but just like any other preworkout it tends to settle at the bottom and needs to mixed a few times before finishing the glass.

I gave the value section an "8" because it is slightly more expensive than Jack3d, but contains 28 servings. The 1MR's one scoop is the equivalent of three scoops of Jack3d. So in the end, the 1MR bottle will last a little bit longer, thus justify a slightly higer price tag.

The one negative thing about this stuff is the "crash". I have never experienced this before with other preworkouts, but with 1MR I'd tend to crash pretty hard about an hour after my workout. But despite this, it is well worth it.

I highly recommend this! I am hooked!
    • Horrible Taste
    nofatchix
      November 15, 2011

its been a while since i wrote a review but this i think definetly needs a review, please keep up with me because im going to compare the old formula of this product and the "new formula" on this product. MY RATING IS BASED ON THE NEW FORMULA AS OF 11/11 (in case they change it again). for the record i have finished two bottles of this, the old formula and one of the new formula. PWO history is 1mr/jack3d/acg3/nano vapor/pump fuel/black powder... well you get the point, ive tried most of them because i'm a stim junky.

TASTE: 2 out of 10... i took a sip of this drink thinking/assuming it would taste just like the old one. nothing like it. i cringed on the taste of this drink, i told myself to man up a few times and kept drinking. finally half way through my 1scoop drink i had to plug my nose like a 6 year old eating steamed brussel sprouts. i wanted to vomit off of the thought of the taste, it didnt physically upset my stomach but the thought of how it tasted gave me an instant gag reflex. i had to drink some water after to get the taste out of my mouth.

VALUE: 7 out of 10. it really depends on where you buy this at. gnc just recently acquired BPI products and retail of 1mr at gnc is $65. if you get it on sale its about $35, which is technically not bad. its about $30 for a bottle online but add S&H and its same price.

EFFECTIVENESS: 6.5 out of 10... i rounded it up to 7 in the final verdict due to different strokes/different folks and it did do something to me. but personally feel a 6.5 because it was not like the old formula. while i was at the gym, i noticed i was way more forcused. i knew what i needed to do and when to do it in order to keep my workout 100% efficient, which is always a great feeling. i had some aggression after taking this stuff, which isnt neccessarily bad, however this was a different type of aggression/irritability. for example, on PH's, i will have some aggression, but not irritable and the aggression would not leave the gym, i was fine on the outside world. the aggression i received from 1mr wasn't in a good way for me personally, i was aggressive at the gym (good) but it left with me when i left the gym, i was irritable all day, i dont think the caffeine played a role in this due to my experience with PWO's with the same caffeine content. when i left the gym, i felt fine but the smallest thing would just make me want to snap on the person, i could feel it. what cured this was taking a nap when i got home. i didnt get a huge pump off of this product, but i noticed that recovery was good. after a set i was not tired, i would do another set feeling like it was the first set. i did not get the beta alanine tingles like i did with the old formula. 1scoop of 1.M.R. contains 300mg of caffine, which is cool compared to many other concentrated preworkouts which usually contain about 100mg-150mg of caffeine/scoop. the crash was horrible though (mind you with other PWO's i would take 300mg of caffeine, so my caffeine consumption stayed the same). i left the gym, irritable and tired and had to take an hour nap just for it to go away. THE OLD FORMULA CONTAINED 1,3-DIMETHYLAMYLAMINE, THE NEW FORMULA DOES "NOT"!. which was a huge downer for me and cool points were lost there. there are a few other ingredients that were swapped out of the old formula as well, to me 1,3 dimeth was the most important one that needed to be mentioned however.

MIXABILITY: 10 out of 10.. it mixes fine, i cant complain about that at all. the product does not settle to the bottom at all.

FINAL VERDICT: 5 out of 10... BPI what happened to you guys???? sign a deal with gnc over the summer and you change your products??? i was so excited to carry you guys too. im not gonna give this drink lower then a 5 because it completed the mission. however 1MR is not going to get anything more then a 5 from me because although they completed their mission, there was a lot of collateral damage and i know what potential they have based on their old formula. if youve never tried it before and want to buy it, be my guest, you may like it better then me and i know theres worse products out there. but for those that have tried the old 1mr and thinking about trying this, i wont recommend it. ITS JUST NOT THE SAME!!! :,( if this was the OLD formula of 1.M.R. then I would have given it all 9's and 10's.

DISCLAIMER: for those wanting to know how to tell the difference between the old formula and the new formula. the OLD formula will have 1,3-dimeth listed in the ingredients and the front of the bottle will state BPI 1.M.R. the NEW formula will not have 1,3-dimeth listed and on the front of the bottle, right above the number 1 in 1.m.r. there will be a "the original" slogan on it.
    • Horrible Taste
    • Pricey
    • Makes My Stomache Hurt
    dmq777
      March 1, 2012

After using a 34-serving tub of 1MR I decided to give this one a thumbs up, even though it barely made the cut in my books, mainly due to the short-lived jittery energy and subsequent bad crash. Also, please note that I'm reviewing the newer formula, and not the original one with the 1,3 Dimeth (DMAA).

Taste: 7/10
    According to my taste buds, 1MR falls in the middle of the pack of the pwo powders I've tried. I got the watermelon flavor, which was decent but had a strange chemical taste. Ice-cold water wakes this more tolerable. As a reference point, Jacked and C4 taste much better; Neurocore and NO. Loaded taste WAY worse!

Mixability: 10/10
    No issues in this department at all; it mixed well with ice-cold water or juice in a shaker cup.

Using 1MR, I always experienced an insane sudden rush of energy followed very rapidly by a bad crash! The first time I used this I drank it 40 mins before my weight training. I got the strongest rush of energy and focus sitting at the bus stop, but found myself crashing right when my workout started. Needless to say, the subsequent workout was poor.

Eventually, I switched to chugging it down right before my workout, and this seemed to work best. By the time I warmed up, the effects would have fully hit and I'd have a good workout. The pumps were impressive on this for the most part, and the 300 mg of caffeine gave me a pretty intense mentality. Granted, the type of energy was definitely on the jittery side and not the clean kind. Another downside is that even when I drank it right before lifting, I would still crash about 45 mins in. This forced me to limit my workouts to about 50 mins when using this, which is not necessarily a bad thing for building muscle I suppose. In the end, I did see some strength increases as my curls, bench press and squats, went up 7, 6 and 20 lbs respectively.

Obtained a 34-serving bonus size for a GNC sale price of 29.95, which brings it down to a bit under a dollar per serving. No complaints in this department!

I would definitely recommend 1MR to people who like doing short, intense workout sessions because I think they would benefit the most from taking it. For people who work out for longer than 50 mins, I'd say either stay clear or find the older formula. I personally would not buy it again because mine are usually 70-80 mins.
    • Good For Short Intense Workouts
    • Old Formula Is Better
    krim
      December 31, 2010

I decided to pick up 1MR when wheycheap had it on special for $25, so I picked up two bottles. This product is pretty amazing, intense, and must be monitored and assessed while taking this. While on it, I always feel like I can take on the world, eat the weights and spit it back out machine-gun style, and just let out a sparta scream.
    Taste: 9/10 I got the blue-raspberry flavor, and it tastes very good in my opinion. It mixes very well, tastes like those fruity drinks we used to get when we were kids.
    Pump: 9.2/10 Amazing, just amazing. Every rep I can feel the blood rushing through my muscles, ready to burst and let out a falcon punch, and obliteration! Lol. Great euphoric feeling after each set.
    Endurance: 9/10 Definitely noticed being able to go further in most workouts without being exhausted as quickly as normally, and the recovery was very quick. I also noticed strength increases too.
    Vascularity: 9/10 Normally I'm not a vascular person, but veins were definitely ready to jump out of my skin.
    Price: 10/10 Wheycheap sale, can't complain at all, was worth every penny and then some.
    I loved the tingle feeling from the Beta Alanine, and I did get the niacin flush once in a while, but it didn't bother me at all. The only reason why I didn't give this product a perfect 10 is because of the crash I sometimes get, and I'll feel high once in a while too, but I was able to stand it. Other than these effects, this product is great, worth a try imo.
    Tsunami2k
      June 6, 2011

Let me start off by saying this product is one hardcore pre-workout supplement in regards to its stimulant properties.

1.M.R is one of the pre-workout supplements that is in competetion with Jack3d and C4. Basically a new line of PWO's that do not use fillers and contain also DMAA. The thing with 1.M.R is it contains a really heavy dose of caffeine (300mg!) per scoop. Now I don't have the greatest tolerance to caffeine or stims in general, so that really kicked my arse.

Here is the list of ingredients :

Pre-Workout Monster Energy & Pump Matrix
    --------------------------------------------
    L-AAKG, Beta Alanine, L-Taurine, L-Tyrosine, NAC, Creatine Monohydrate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Guarana (30%), Yerba Mate (25%), 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, Schizandra A (9%), Niacin, Grape Seed Extract, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Red Wine Extract. 5,558 mg **

Taste : 8/10 - I had the Blue Raspberry flavor and it wasn't bad at all. It wasn't a flavor that I got sick of either which is kind of surprising for me, I tend to get over a flavor after about two weeks. I always find myself reordering a product but having to try a different flavor, but this one I was pretty happy with.

Value - 7/10 : I actually got it for a good price of Amazon ($24) without shipping included. So basically a months supply for something like 80 cents a day is fine for me, but at the same time Jack3d is 22 bucks and C4 was 26 bucks on the same site. It's only a matter of a couple bucks, but thats the only reason why I gave it a 7.

Effectiveness : 9/10 - Like I said earlier, I'm quite intolerant to high doses of stimulants. So I started off taking half a scoop of this stuff to get used to the high doses of caffeine and DMAA. The first day I used it I had a great workout. My pumps were pretty decent and I stayed in the gym for 90 minutes which is one of my longer sessions and I only started to get tired towards the 80min mark. Soon after a few days I bumped it up to a full scoop and thats where I made a mistake. I got way too Cracked out and I had anxiety after my workout that didn't subside till a few hours later. I hate that feeling. And to top it off my sleep was all messed up that night too. So I learned my lesson to gradually increase the dose, but it was hard because somedays I just barelly put a little more than I was supposed to and I was right back to anxietyville. I never exCEEded a full scoop for those reasons.

Overall : 8/10 - I still liked Jack3d way better because I don't get all Cracked out like I do on 1.M.R. For pumps, They were basically the same, but I started adding Nitrox II to give me those muscle-shredding pumps. I have yet to try C4, and that is next on my list.

So if you can handle stimulants like a champ, than this is right up your alley. The taste was good, the mixibillity was on par with other no-filler PWO's, and I had long lasting energy throughout my workout.

Oh and I did get more of a 'crash' on this stuff than I did on jack3d, but I think thats due to the mega dose of caffeine in it.
    steghouse
      July 9, 2010

After not feeling the effects from taking 3 scoops of Jack3d, I decided to try something new. I know its just a Jack3d rip-off (small scoops, "concentrated", ingredients). Looking back, it wasn't the smartest of choice trying something stronger, I think its wiser to take a month break and go back to Jack3d. Regardless, here is my review.

I have the fruit punch flavour. It tastes delicious, and the consistency is definitely better then some other pre's such as SuperPump and Xpand Xtreme Pump. Very easy on the stomach unlike the previous 2 stated too. Within 10 minutes I start getting pumped and ready to go to the gym. I also get more confident, which really helps with the mindset going into lifting heavy weights.

While in the gym, the weights seem lighter, and endurance is improved. Also, rest times in between sets are shorter. Unfortunately, not much of a pump is felt. What I believe is the best benefit though, is that through-out the workout your energy levels are through the roof. The "can do" attitude mixed with the power increase always gives me a great workout.

Afterward, its not the greatest feeling. You crash pretty hard, much harder then SuperPump and Jack3d. This is probably the worst aspect I noticed, and it can definitely turn one off in taking it in the first place.

Overall, it does its job well. If you can't take that period of 1 month off stims and ABSOLUTELY need to keep using pre workouts, this is a step up from Jack3d and will get the job done. You have some of the best workouts ever on it. However, you pay the price afterwards, crashing hard from the 300mg of caffeine listed.
    pxpxp
      March 18, 2013

I just want to inform you that I purchased 1.m.r (not sponsored), and have used this product for quite some time now. This PWO is very effective and strong, which I am guessing was BPI's intentions when making this product.

To start this review, I will begin with how this product mixes:

I personally have used PWO's that just don't mix well, but I have to say that 1MR gets a 10 for how easily it mixes into water. I usually put a scoop in my water bottle, shake it a few time, and then presto, there are no chunks floating around in my drink. This PWO is very concentrated and does not require many scoops. Personally I use one scoop, but my wife can use up to 1.5 scoops. I believe that one tub of this product has lasted my wife and I over six months (not using it every day).

Taste:
    I have purchased the watermelon flavor, which amazingly does taste like watermelon. The taste of this product is ok, but I think it could be better. The taste is kind of strong, and if you do not add enough water into your drink, it's very hard to swallow. Usually I put about 20 oz. of water for every scoop, and its tolerable. I would give the taste an 8. One thing I was impressed with this product, is that it does not leave a nasty after taste. Once I am done drinking it, the taste does not linger in my mouth. Most of all, this product does not give you cottonmouth (Amazing). For the record, my wife does not like the blueberry flavor; however, I did not think it was that bad.

Pump and focus:
    Ok, this is where I like this product. This product has Niacin ( N.O), which makes my workouts amazing. I truly can workout longer and harder than I have in the past with other PWO's. The focus is amazing and lasts well past my workout. Sometimes I will have energy several hours after my workouts (that's when I get housework done). The pump also makes my veins more visible and tightens all my muscles during my workout. In addition, my wife has a strong tolerance towards PWO's , and has discovered that this product is one of the few that gives her an amazing pump at the gym. The pump usually starts working in about 30 minutes after drinking it. Now this is where I give my score, I will give this product a 9 for pump and focus (I will explain why). My all-time favorite PWO is Purus Labs Muscle Marinade, which gave me an explosive pump, aggression and focus. However, I cannot get past the cottonmouth with MM. Therefore, when I put these two products side by side, 1MR does not give me as much of a pump as MM. That being said, 1MR does not give me cottonmouth and still gives a great pump during my workouts. Therefore, if I had never tried MM in the past, I would have given 1MR a 10.

Price:
    This product is usually about $27 and lasts for several months. This is not bad for a PWO, and I would give it a 9 for a reasonable price.

Conclusion:
    This product is perfect for males and females who want to get a great pump at the gym. This product would be great for people who do crossfit or run for their exercise. This product does not give you a raging heartbeat, but still provides a great pump and energy during your workout.
      SampsonUA
        July 3, 2011

This is the second pre-workout I've taken, and I actually love this product. I've just got home from the gym after starting my second tub of this stuff from a 1 month break. Can still feel it even 3 and a half hours later...

The very first time I took it, I felt like superman and did not expect the effects I got from it at all. Insane amount of energy along with insane focus and intensity. I find it mentally addicting because working out isn't as fun without it.

I was benching 225 for 3 sets of 6 and went up to 245 for 3 sets of 6 immediately on the first day. Basically I improved my weights anywhere from 15-45lbs depending on the muscle.

After about a week the effects did begin to reduce although I still felt I could do the same weight as the first day but the energy was a lot cleaner and I didn't feel as much like Tony Montana for better or for worse.

I would definitely recommend this and have let about 5 of my buddies sample it and they all loved it as well. I should mention that I do not crash after my workout and actually feel insanely focused for about 6 hours afterwards (do have difficulty sleeping if taken after 5pm). I usually only get 5 or 6 hours of sleep on days I take it but wake up feeling amazing but for some reason, literally 24 hours after taking it, I crash and have to take a refreshing nap.

This is my first review and I'm new to the site, hope it helps and hope you try this out.

• Tunnel Vision
      montonl
        September 27, 2011

Made the mistake of taking a full serving on the first try of this product. Within 10 minutes I felt like I was in Orbit. Could not focus during my workout as I was panting like a dog from all the stimulants. Crash came 3-4 hours later and lasted for hours, however I continued to take this product for several more days eventually finding the proper amount that worked best for me. I workout during the early morning (5am) and usually take 1/2 the recommended dose along with Maltodextrin, Dextrose, and BCAA's 30 minutes before my workout. I find that a half scoop is enough to get me going, provides the focus and energy I need without the crash that went on for several hours. Try it out and experiment with how much you really need to take so it helps rather than hinders your routine.