Zma Tech Reviews

By: BodyTech

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 5

Ranks #5 of 34 (better than 88%) in
Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas

Zma Tech is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by BodyTech. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.
COMPARE SIMILAR

22inchpipes
  February 17, 2010

I look at ZMA as a staple.
It helps me sleep & recover, which is critical for any goal (muscle gain, fat loss, improved recovery, etc) in addition to overall health.
When I hear someone say or write a review that says a product "only" made them sleep & recover better I cringe because its clear they have not been provided the necessary information to apply towards reaching their goals. I hope this review helps in that regard.
Again, sleep & recovery are CRITICAL for muscle gain, fat loss etc and ZMA is a great, economical way to help.
It won't boost testosterone directly unless you are deficient in Zinc, but he sleep is great.
If you won't pay a few bucks for increased sleep & recovery, you really need to re-visit your approach. And you probably aren't as big or ripped as you'd like to be.
I use the BodyTech version because I trust their quality and they don't try and get fancy by changing up the formula.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Sleep Great
  • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
  • Great Value
    donnydarko
      March 2, 2011

Alright, so I just finished a one month supply of this product and thought I would go ahead and post a review. I bought this prodcut the week before regionals and state for my wrestling season because I figured I needed to get some good quality sleep. (Due to homework and long grueling practices I was feeling pretty run-down.)

Dosing: The product states to take three capsules 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach (2 for women). I usually take a casein shake around that time but just started taking it directly before I went to bed to avoid a conflict. No biggie.

Effectiveness: 8
    Right off the bat I noticed that I felt more refreshed after taking this product. It wasn't a DRAMATIC difference mind you, but you have to be realistic about what you expect to get out of a product. ZMA-Tech deff helped with my overal quality of sleep and deff gave me more energy upon waking. It didn't help me actually fall asleep very much, but once again I wasn't expecting it to.

Value: 9
    I received 90 capsules for $15 from my local Vitamin Shoppe. This comes out to about $.50 a serving. For the increased quality of sleep I received I believe that this is a great value. It's hard to put a price on good sleep, but I know for sure that it's atleast worth $.50 a night!

Overall:
    Overall this product did what it was designed to do for me. It helped with my overall quality of sleep, and gave me a slight energy increase. The results were not dramatic, but more then enough to warrant a purchase. Now that my wrestling season is over i'm not positive that I will continue to take this supplement, but if you have a big event coming up or simply NEED more quality sleep, I would highly reccomend trying this product.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Sleep Great
    • Great Value
    • Vivid Dreams
      texasmade89
        August 12, 2010

Excellent product! I was initially going to go with Optimum Nutrition's ZMA but the Vitamin Shoppe didn't carry it in-store.

I take 3 pills one hour before bed with a Cookies and Cream ON Casein shake 15 minutes before bed. It gave me a slightly relaxed feeling after the hour and I fell right asleep. If you have difficult falling asleep you should try this!

I woke up only 5 hours later, when I usually sleep for 8-9 minimum! Feeling completely refreshed, and ready to start the day. I had a strange dream which I can't remember much of, but it's a good indication I was in deep sleep the whole night. I can't recall the last time I had this good of sleep.I also had a feeling of well-being upon waking. I've had sleep issues for a while, tried Ambien, Rozerem, Melatonin, GABA, Valerian Root, the list goes on and on. Unlike other sleep aids, I experienced no negative sides.

The product is only $14.99 for a 30 day supply. I would recommend using it with some casein for maximum recovery results.

If any of you are into Body Tech's 'Whey Tech Pro', if you buy 2-2 pound tubs you get this product free! The Vitamin Shoppe sells 90 capsules (1 month supply) for $14.99 or 180 capsules (2 month supply) for $26.99. This supplement will now be a main stay in my stack!

Here are the supplement facts:

Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine Hcl)10.5 Mg 525%

Magnesium (As Aspartate)450 Mg 113%

Zinc (As Monomethionine/Aspartate)30 Mg 200%

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Sleep Great
      • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
      • Great Value
        tripledare7
        Rep: -1
          January 5, 2010

I love ZMA for one reason and one reason only - the sleep!
        Sleep is extremely important for muscle gain, fat loss, recovery, etc.
        3 caps before bed on empty stomach and I sleep very well and wake up feeling refreshed.
        I don't believe the one biased study that claims ZMA is a testosterone boster (unless someone is truly deficient in zinc), but that is not why I take this nor do I care.
        If you want better sleep and recovery, ZMA is a great choice at a good value.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Sleep Great
        • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
        • Great Value
          beastmode7
            May 9, 2010

This is a great product... Not just this brand but ZMA in general. I prefer BodyTech because it's cheap and just as effective as the other company's. It helps in recovery by supporting deep sleep. Really makes me feel good
          in the mornings when I wake up. Take 3 pills before bed and try get 8 hours of sleep and garanteed you will notice a difference. I recommend everyone adding this to their stack.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Sleep Great
          • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
          • Great Value