Zma Tech

By: BodyTech

I look at ZMA as a staple.
It helps me sleep & recover, which is critical for any goal (muscle gain, fat loss, improved recovery, etc) in addition to overall health.
When I hear someone say or write a review that says a product "only" made them sleep & recover better I cringe because its clear they have not been provided the necessary information to apply towards reaching their goals. I hope this review helps in that regard.
Again,...
I look at ZMA as a staple.
Again, sleep & recovery are CRITICAL for muscle gain, fat loss etc and ZMA is a great, economical way to help.
It won't boost testosterone directly unless you are deficient in Zinc, but he sleep is great.
If you won't pay a few bucks for increased sleep & recovery, you really need to re-visit your approach. And you probably aren't as big or ripped as you'd like to be.
I use the BodyTech version because I trust their quality and they don't try and get fancy by changing up the formula.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Sleep Great
  • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
  • Great Value

Alright, so I just finished a one month supply of this product and thought I would go ahead and post a review. I bought this prodcut the week before regionals and state for my wrestling season because I figured I needed to get some good quality sleep. (Due to homework and long grueling practices I was feeling pretty run-down.)

Dosing: The product states to take three capsules 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach (2 for women). I usually take a casein shake around that time but just started taking it directly before I went to bed to avoid a conflict. No biggie.

Effectiveness:...

Effectiveness: 8
    Right off the bat I noticed that I felt more refreshed after taking this product. It wasn't a DRAMATIC difference mind you, but you have to be realistic about what you expect to get out of a product. ZMA-Tech deff helped with my overal quality of sleep and deff gave me more energy upon waking. It didn't help me actually fall asleep very much, but once again I wasn't expecting it to.

Value: 9
    I received 90 capsules for $15 from my local Vitamin Shoppe. This comes out to about $.50 a serving. For the increased quality of sleep I received I believe that this is a great value. It's hard to put a price on good sleep, but I know for sure that it's atleast worth $.50 a night!

Overall:
    Overall this product did what it was designed to do for me. It helped with my overall quality of sleep, and gave me a slight energy increase. The results were not dramatic, but more then enough to warrant a purchase. Now that my wrestling season is over i'm not positive that I will continue to take this supplement, but if you have a big event coming up or simply NEED more quality sleep, I would highly reccomend trying this product.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Vivid Dreams
    • Sleep Great
    • Great Value

• weastwind
        March 2, 2011

Good review donny. I know that your season is over but are you going to senior nationals?

I love ZMA for one reason and one reason only - the sleep!
      Sleep is extremely important for muscle gain, fat loss, recovery, etc.
      3 caps before bed on empty stomach and I sleep very well and wake up feeling refreshed.
      I love ZMA for one reason and one reason only - the sleep!
      Sleep is extremely important for muscle gain, fat loss, recovery, etc.
      I don't believe the one biased study that claims ZMA is a testosterone boster (unless someone is truly deficient in zinc), but that is not why I take this nor do I care.
      If you want better sleep and recovery, ZMA is a great choice at a good value.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Sleep Great
      • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
      • Great Value
        texasmade89

Excellent product! I was initially going to go with Optimum Nutrition's ZMA but the Vitamin Shoppe didn't carry it in-store.

I take 3 pills one hour before bed with a Cookies and Cream ON Casein shake 15 minutes before bed. It gave me a slightly relaxed feeling after the hour and I fell right asleep. If you have difficult falling asleep you should try this!

I woke up...

I woke up only 5 hours later, when I usually sleep for 8-9 minimum! Feeling completely refreshed, and ready to start the day. I had a strange dream which I can't remember much of, but it's a good indication I was in deep sleep the whole night. I can't recall the last time I had this good of sleep.I also had a feeling of well-being upon waking. I've had sleep issues for a while, tried Ambien, Rozerem, Melatonin, GABA, Valerian Root, the list goes on and on. Unlike other sleep aids, I experienced no negative sides.

The product is only $14.99 for a 30 day supply. I would recommend using it with some casein for maximum recovery results.

If any of you are into Body Tech's 'Whey Tech Pro', if you buy 2-2 pound tubs you get this product free! The Vitamin Shoppe sells 90 capsules (1 month supply) for $14.99 or 180 capsules (2 month supply) for $26.99. This supplement will now be a main stay in my stack!

Here are the supplement facts:

Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine Hcl)10.5 Mg 525%

Magnesium (As Aspartate)450 Mg 113%

Zinc (As Monomethionine/Aspartate)30 Mg 200%

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Sleep Great
        • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
        • Great Value

• telltruth
            August 12, 2010

Pleased to know that after all the sleep aid products and ultimately recovery agents that you have used, something as simple as zma benefited you the greatest..... refreshing.... I also highly recommend this supplement ( zma) for the same benefits that you mentioned.

beastmode7

This is a great product... Not just this brand but ZMA in general. I prefer BodyTech because it's cheap and just as effective as the other company's. It helps in recovery by supporting deep sleep. Really makes me feel good
          in the mornings when I wake up. Take 3 pills before bed and try get 8 hours of sleep and garanteed you will notice a difference. I recommend everyone adding this to their stack.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Sleep Great
          • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
          • Great Value

This product did a decent job for overall sleep. It didn't exactly help put me to sleep but once I did fall asleep the results were very noticeable. I would fall into a deep sleep and wake up more refreshed and ready for the day. This was very beneficial when going to school all day then heading out to lift definitely helped me have more energy for my workouts. A good cheap product to add to any stack for sure.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Sleep Great
            • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
            • Great Value

After reading many reviews on the recovery, sleep, and dreams many users were experiencing from ZMA i decided to give this brand of ZMA a try. I take 3 pills about 30-60 minutes before bed and then have a casein shake. I have been taking ZMA for about 2 months and it is something that i will continue to use. Some of things i have experienced from this product are the following: crazy and random dreams, deeper sleep, refreshed feeling when waking up after being asleep for 8-9 hours, and better recover. I'd recommend this product to anyone wanting better sleep and recovery.
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • Sleep Great
              • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
              • Great Value

Excellent product to improve sleep quality. My job is very stressful, so sometimes good sleep is very difficult to come by.
                ZMA puts me out quick and allows me to wake up more refreshed. 3 capsules before bed away from any calcium-containing foods (magnesium & calcium compete for the same receptor sites)
                 Pros:
                 Cons:
                • Sleep Great
                • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
                • Great Value

I was looking for a ZMA product and this one was buy 1 get 1 free so I went for it.
                  Taking 3 pills before bed every night for two months i've gotten literally no change from this product. My sleep didnt change at all and I didnt wake up feeling any different. I'm very disappointed because I was hoping to sleep better and wake up refreshed, like this product claims to do, but I experienced none of this.
                  I'm glad other people have had success with this and I am open to trying other products.

• Wrestler152
                    June 9, 2011

Did you consume any dairy or calcium containing foods near the dose?
                  • Tsunami2k
                    June 9, 2011

Yeah consuming calcium around the time you take ZMA can have a big effect on absorption rates. Anyways, I'm not a fan of ZMA and all the wild claims that come with it.
                  • omisso
                    (0)
                    June 9, 2011

I researched ZMA and read up on how Calcium blocks ZMAs effects. I made sure to have an empty stomach when I took this and there was even a few nights I took 4 caps instead of 3.
                  • meangreene69
                    June 9, 2011

I too jumped on the ZMA train and bought this product. I had to quit taking it because it gave me horrible headaches. But while taking it, I didn't notice any sleep improvements at all.

I give this product a overall rating of 9 because I believe there's always improvements that can be made to any product better...although it's a high 9.

I give this product a effectiveness rating of 9 because I believe there's always improvements that can be made to any product better...although it's a high 9.

I give this product a 10 for Value. When Effectiveness and Overall ratings are so High the value should also be high if the cost in inline.

At 45 yrs old I consider this supplement a staple. It's a must for sleep and aids in recovery. No fancy bells and whistles. However, your body does some amazing things while you sleep and if deprived of a proper 8 hours of rest those things don't happen. To get the most out of your exercise plan I would recommend this first and foremost.
                   Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • Sleep Great
                  • Helps Recovery Due To Increased Sleep
                  • Great Value
                    Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.